3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias — #39 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/317233-steel-magnolias-%97-39-a.html)

ceejay52 04-13-2019 11:14 AM

Morning
I'm still doing yard work but not of it is mowing. I let things go last year and I'm in the mood to get those odds and ends taken care of. After my mowing last week my yard has become a dandelion patch.
And nothing but digging them up or spraying them will get rid of the. I've been digging some up around the deck and extending about a 1 foot away from the deck to make it easier to mow. Still have a way to go on this project. This piece of ground needs to be tilled and new grass planted. But that is to much for me to handle.
Practicing a couple of songs for tomorrow just in case..

Jean
I've been wearing my sweater. I loved those warm days we had earlier.

Jean 04-13-2019 09:06 PM

Good Evening! We’ve had sunshine off and on most of the day, along with the wind. Even though the temperature made it to 45 it didn’t feel that warm. I spent the day just putzing around the house; sorted through magazines and put together another Good Will box.

Ceejay, it does take a lot of work to keep a yard looking nice. I remember my mom digging up dandelions; I don’t know if a spray wasn’t available or she didn’t use it because of her asthma. Bob sprays them with Weed Be Gone but we haven’t had any for a couple years or more. He wants a lawn guy to come and give him advice on filling in a low area to reroute water away from the patio. It will involve hauling in dirt and planting new grass. It would make me nervous to play at church without any notice. We had an associate pastor, years ago, who did a hymn sing on the last Sunday of the month. Our organist knew them all but they were the old familiar hymns everyone knew.

I have some dishes to do that I don’t put in the dishwasher so need to get those done. Tomorrow is bells, “Hallelujah” which I always associated with Christmas. Enjoy the rest of your evening! :wave:

Jean 04-14-2019 02:41 PM

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining and the never ending wind is blowing. The sun shining on our east wall of stained glass windows was so pretty this morning. The west wall is another Bible story but we rarely see the sun on that side. The bells must have been extra good today because so many people commented on them. The youth group had a pancake, scrambled egg, sausage, muffin, and cinnamon roll brunch between services to earn money for a trip. Everything was hot that should have been hot and so delicious! I feel like I woke up every hour last night. We were supposed to be at church and ready to play by 7:30 so we could practice with the piano; amazingly everyone was.

I need to clear off the Sunday papers from the table and get clothes in the dryer. We have couples’ card club tonight. Hope you enjoy a super Sunday! :wave:

ceejay52 04-14-2019 10:27 PM

Would you believe we had snow this morning! We also had rain and wind over night. The streets didn't look slick even though I had called to tell my sis I wouldn't be at church because the we had a dusting of snow. I did make it for service after all. They didn't get any snow. We ended up having a lot of sunshine but it was a bit chilly.
Sometime during the night a huge tree limb fell out of the neighbors yard. He was out cutting it up when I got home.
Not much else to report.
I have an appointment to get my teeth cleaned Tuesday in Branson. I like this dental hygienist and I'm more than skeptical of the instruments they use.

Garnet
I'm afraid to go to weigh in this week. I have not been eating on plan. However, I'm not going to weigh in until Wednesday so maybe I can get back on track. Even if I lose 1 pound by weigh in I'll be happy. No cokes for me this week.

Jean
We are having breakfast after sunrise service next week. Think I will get some of that product and use it. There is just to many to dig up.

Jean 04-15-2019 05:44 PM

Good Afternoon! It is 70 degrees this afternoon but the sun has disappeared. We aren’t supposed to have rain until Wednesday but it sure looks like it could rain any time. Counting went fine this morning except I noted a check receipt as $25 instead of $250. We found it by double checking the checks against the receipt envelopes so it was a simple fix. I should learn not to talk and write at the same time! After lunch I took checks to the hospital, stopped by the bank for Easter money for the grandkids, took a denim sweater jacket back to a dress shop to have the metal rivets repaired, and bought a birthday card for Kolby. He turns 14 Friday. I have a pair of Ecco shoes I bought before I retired and wore to school. They were expensive but have worn well except the rubber sole has started to crack, so hope I can get another pair like them. The local shoe store doesn’t carry them any more, but supposedly can order them online so we’ll see. Construction men are replacing bricks on the roof line of the building where the Hallmark store is located. All the parking is blocked off because of the scaffolding, cement machine, and brick piles. They fell off last fall on a Saturday night; no one was walking by fortunately or they could have been killed by falling bricks!

Ceejay, I hope you are pleasantly surprised at weigh in, sometimes that does happen when you least expect it. ;) Good luck! Our local college/university puts on a brunch for the public once a month. This month it is on Easter Sunday and will be packed. Bob is singing at church so we will probably eat at home.

I forgot to pick up bread so guess I will do that, third trip to town today. :lol: Enjoy the rest of your day! :wave:

snowell 04-18-2019 02:14 PM

Greetings everyone. Found this article & wanted to share it with ya'll:
https://www.dietdoctor.com/is-it-hun...-J6adHyBPKRl34

I got it from the Atkins Hard Core Support Group on Facebook. Its a good article. I needed something like this article because today my scale went up 5 pounds!???? I am silently freaking out!

It is finally sunshine & 70 degrees. It's about time! I have had enough rain to last me through out summer.

See ya later.

Jean 04-18-2019 05:07 PM

Good Afternoon! We have had sunshine, clouds, and a few drops of rain today. This is the strangest weather and it would be so nice to have a whole day of warm and sunshine. I am waiting for the mail to come as I am supposed to get an information packet from the allergy doctor. I am going to Sioux City next Tuesday rather than wait to see the doctor who comes here, in June. I’ve done some laundry and cleaned some strawberries; that has been my effort for the day. I have no energy nor motivation to do anything today.

Garnet, thanks for sharing the article, I will definitely read it. I need all the help I can get! I think we have all done the “big” gain at one time or another, most likely many times! :rolleyes: Mine is usually salt related as in Chinese, or theater popcorn, etc. You will take control and have it gone soon! I blame my lack of eating control on the crappy weather! ;) All I want to do is eat the crunchy snack stuff like popcorn, pretzels, or chips. Enjoy your nice sunny warm weather!

The dryer is buzzing so need to fold undies and put them away. Bob had practice last night so today seems like Tuesday since he usually practices on Monday, which he also did this week. It doesn’t take much to confuse me these days! :lol: Enjoy the rest of a terrific Thursday! :wave:

ceejay52 04-18-2019 05:20 PM

Afternoon
I will be getting ready to go to the maunday service tonight in a few minutes.
Some dufus ran into the Rapid Roberts convenience store yesterday. Looks like they tried to drive through the door. All of the glass has been boarded up. Hope no one was hurt.

Garnet
I read the article. Very informative and I'm learning to recognize my hunger and thirst signals. I haven't been doing well with food this week. Too many options of eating out.

Jean
We had thunderstorms last night but we needed the rain. It's 15 degrees cooler than yesterday. It was nice to be outside to work in the yard.

Jean 04-18-2019 11:04 PM

Hi Ceejay, hope you enjoyed your church service. Our church puts on a play of the Last Supper. Bob’s group used to sing for it but hasn’t the last couple years and I miss that. I miss the choir on Sunday mornings too. :( We’ve had several similar accidents around the area lately. Last fall an elderly man ran into the patio of a nursing home and killed a CNA who was bringing a resident outside, injuring the resident. The driver had his foot on the accelerator thinking it was the brake. We just had a screwball go into our WM store at 1 am, with a loaded assault rifle and a laser light. He waved the gun around then left. The sheriff’s deputies caught up with him in a nearby town. Another loser exposed himself outside the Dollar Tree store. Makes me wonder what people are thinking. Obviously, they are not! We had DQ blizzards for supper tonight. :T

ceejay52 04-19-2019 01:11 PM

Morning
I made myself go to a weigh in this morning telling myself I need to get back on track. They measured me cause it's been 30 days since I've started the program. I've lost 2.5 inches over all. Wow, I really need to buckle down and do this. Guess I redeemed myself last night by eating a light snack and not grazing. I lost a .5 pound so I'm not complaining. We've set a goal that I set a timer for three hours at a time and I eat something at that time. It's almost time for the timer to go off, and it will be snack time. And take my supplements. I will be going to weigh in 2 times per week.

Jean
The DQ blizzard sounds really good. My nephew just called and told me that he's driven through my town this morning on the way to work and saw the RR damage so he stopped by one in Springfield and asked what happened. The woman had .27 alcohol level and is facing a 20 year jail sentence. This was her third DWI. Stupid people.

GMA
How are things going?

Garnet
I will look up the Atkins page on FB. I'm doing a program similar.to Atkins
I read the article. I may look up the At

gma22 04-19-2019 04:42 PM

Hello, hello! We’ve been back several days, but have been busy. We had the dryer go out and they delivered the day after we got home so we scrambled around to get things put away and the downstairs cleaned.

Everything went well. We got my friend’s passport and the few things she still needed. We packed her bags and weighed them so she is well under the limit for each bag. We took her and her daughter and son-in-law to dinner to discuss flight plans. We had some horrible weather when we left and it was freezing cold the whole time, but everything got done we wanted done. We got to visit all our favorite eating places and now are buckling down to get lbs off for the cruise next year.

I got an email from JC Penney today and they had their sandals buy one get two free so I took advantage and bought 6 pairs and only paid for two. I hardly needed them, but shoot couldn’t pass it by. :lol: I did get some real cute ones so I’ll save them for the cruise next year. One of the pairs is a teal dress sandal so I hope I can get a long dress to wear with them for formal night.

I will do individual posts after reading up on you all. Have a great Friday!!!

Jean 04-19-2019 07:20 PM

Good Afternoon! The sun has been shining ALL day and just a slight breeze instead of the usual wind. We made it to 70 degrees - yay! Tomorrow is supposed to be even better. Then rain for late Sunday afternoon, Monday, and Tuesday. :( Different neighbors have lawn service companies and they have been running machines around yards most of the day. They’re not lawn mowers so not sure what they do. The orioles and hummingbirds should be showing up in a week or so if the weather continues to be nice. Bob has been outside most of the afternoon picking up twiggy branches and sticks, then clearing leaves and dead stuff out of the flower garden and rocks. He wants to blow the bird seed out of the rocks around the deck but then will have “things” growing in the yard from those seeds. I picked up the gift shop money and have that ready for the bank on Monday. I couldn’t get comfortable in bed last night and finally came downstairs and slept in the recliner for a couple hours. I don’t have any energy beyond sneezing and “blowing;” I hope I get some advice and a solution on Tuesday! :crossed:

Ceejay, :congrat: on losing 2.5” AND a 1/2#! :cheer: You should be proud of yourself! I am a grazer and it is so hard to break that habit! Our kitchen is part of the tv area so just too convenient being close to the food. My best solution is to not have anything along the snack line in the house. That’s hard too. Life would be so simple if we didn’t have to eat! I use my timer a lot for different things but sometimes the timer goes off and I’m not where I should be to do what the timer is for. :lol: We have a lot of drunk and drugged up drivers around here and most don’t have a “white” name. :mad: I hope that woman has to serve all 20 years, should have been in prison with the first DUI imo!

”Gma,” glad you had a good trip in spite of cold weather. With all of your planning and purchasing so far in advance I hope the cruise will be a huge success! God forbid your friend gets seasick. :fr: That’s too bad about your dryer but glad you have your new one. :yes: I had had to :lol3: about you ordering more sandals. Bob would ask me, “ how many can you wear at one time?” :rolleyes:

I need to think about something for supper, nothing sounds good. :hyper: Enjoy the rest of your day and have a nice Easter. :wave:

Jean 04-20-2019 08:56 PM

Good Evening! Another beautiful day in my neighborhood; sunshine ALL day again and it was 82 degrees this afternoon! My big accomplishment for the day was vacuuming then flipping our mattress. The rest of the day was my usual Saturday, laundry and clearing off the kitchen island clutter again. Sometimes I wish we didn’t have it because it is such a “catch all” place. Too convenient. Then again I like it for entertaining even though we don’t do much of that any more. I need to iron Bob’s shirt for church tomorrow so better get that done. Hope you all enjoy a nice Easter Sunday! :wave:

gma22 04-21-2019 04:09 PM

Good Easter afternoon. Hope you are enjoying it with family. We had to go shopping today as it rained here on Friday. Jack had Friday off, but with the rain I didn’t want to mess with the scooter in the rain. We went to Fresh Market on Saturday and Jack’s knees hurt too much to do both stores in one day. Poor guy needs new knees but he wants to wait until he retires if he can.

I mixed up a casserole of au gratin potatoes and I’ll fix pork chops with it for dinner. I wanted to get my salad dressing made up, but didn’t get it fixed. I use a copycat recipe of the tangy tomato dressing from Outback and you have to cook it. So, I’ll just use what’s in fridge for salad tonight.

CeeJay: Congrats on making progress. Sounds like you have been busy. We had some kooky weather over the winter and spring. When we left and got to Chicago it was snowing like crazy and accidents everywhere. We drove a long ways before we got out of it.

Garnet: Your jalapeños sound yummy. I put them on all kinds of things. Hope your work schedule isn’t too exhausting for you.

Jean: I told Jack I just had to get shoes on sale. He just laughed at me. I certainly don’t need them, but it was too tempting.

Hope your week starts great!

Jean 04-22-2019 07:10 PM

Good Afternoon! It’s been a cool, cloudy, wet day in my corner of the world. I woke up after sleeping for about an hour last night; every once in awhile I will get an itchy spot on my foot that just bothers me until I get up. Usually just rubbing my foot on carpet will help and putting on anti-itch cream. Anyhow, I was up for an hour then went back to bed; it was hard to roll out this morning! I was confused as to why the alarm went off earlier than usual, then remembered it was Monday and money counting. We had a lot of money to count, totaling over $9,000, from the youth’s brunch last week, extra Easter giving, the regular budget money, friendship fund, missionary giving, the Easter blankets and tools, general offering, Sunday School, altar flowers, and coffee money. Everything has to be entered separately in people’s accounts or a specific church account. I was tired by the time I got done around 11. Then I deposited the gift shop money, got new books at the library, picked up a few things at Walgreens, and lastly stopped by the hospital to leave checks. This afternoon I went to get my nails done. The couple who owned the shop moved to Kansas City and now a younger couple has taken their place. There is another gal I really like so have requested her before I go in. They all gibberish jabber in Vietnamese and speak broken English so hard to understand them sometimes. Bob had a meeting so wasn’t home for lunch and now at a church meeting.

“Gma,” our Easter was quiet, just the two of us so Bob grilled steaks and I baked potatoes and scalloped corn. :T My most favorite pair of “dress” black shoes finally bit the dust. I paid, what I thought, was a fortune for them when I was still teaching - $125. They are Ecco brand but the sizing is European so when I asked in the shoe store the manager told me he could order that brand shoe online but they don’t carry them because of the price. I caught the heel on the edge of a step and it separated the bottom layer edge from the rest. Bob glued it and I wore it to play bells then noticed both shoes had cracked soles. Good thing I didn’t walk through any puddles. :lol: I’m guessing they had to be at least 15+ years old but the tops looked brand new yet. I found a pair of earrings when we were in Kohl’s, Bob said, “buy them,” but I said I don’t need them. He got the clerk to get them out of the locked case and said I “needed” some new ones. It had been so long since I had used my card they had closed it. If I opened a new one I would get 35% off on top of a 20% coupon from an email plus just about everything in the store was on sale. Bob got a new white shirt for church and we “saved” $138 total. No wonder stores are closing!

I have towels in the dryer to fold and put away. Here’s hoping for a sunny day tomorrow! Enjoy your evening! :wave: