3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias #38 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/317141-steel-magnolias-38-a.html)

gma22 03-16-2019 07:22 AM

Steel Magnolias #38

Good morning! Came downstairs at 3 AM and tried to go back to sleep, but right now I have a headache so not likely to happen until it goes away. We are jumping around weather wise and I think that is causing the headache. I tend to get headaches when the barometric pressure jumps around.

We had chicken last night and watched the dvd of “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindlewald.” The movie was pretty good and the chicken was ok. I find a lot of takeout food is very salty now that I’ve quit eating salt.

I finally got my powdered fiber so we shall see how it does. They say it’s tasteless and you can put it in anything, but it does thicken up anything you put it in. I am going to put it in breakfast shakes.

I bought Jack some fudge from this lady who sells it on Etsy. She makes all kinds and it’s not expensive. It is about 10oz or so and if you buy 3 she gave you a fourth free, plus included samples of her choc chip cookie, her pecan praline and a couple of her fudges. I bought him a choc toffee, a choc butterfinger, a reg choc, and a butterscotch. I took a little taste of the butterscotch and it was fabulous. Anyway, it’ll satisfy his sweet tooth for awhile.

CeeJay: Next month we are doing a big closet clean out and rearrange. My upstairs is a disaster and it has seeped into the downstairs because I am out of room. I just have too much stuff and not enough condo. Hope your program works for you.

Jean: The snow melting is making us nervous. The river is still 4 feet above flood level and all that northern snow melting along with all our rain can make for a disaster. Nothing we can do about it though. If Jack were in charge of lunches all we’d ever have is sandwiches. The man eats cereal every morning and a sandwich for lunch, but doesn’t ever get tired of it. I get bored eating the same stuff over and over. Are you having much problem with melting snow and your basement?

Garnet: You do whatever works for you. The walking is definitely beneficial, just be careful. I didn’t go to college until I was 38. I do not have a good memory except when it comes to music. It amazes my husband that I can’t remember things but a song lyric I am spot on. So, to help me with college facts, I would put them to music. It sounds silly, but I made deans list that way. :lol

Gonna be quiet for us. Everyone have a good weekend.

Jean 03-16-2019 07:02 PM

Good Afternoon! The sun has finally come out today and it has warmed up enough the snow is starting to melt again. The lake ice is dark and soupy looking too. When I was having coffee this morning I was mentally going over my “must do” list and remembered I hadn’t decided what food to have for card club Monday night. So made my list and headed to the store. For some reason, even though I was early, the store was super busy. Of course I got behind a woman who had to have a carton of cigarettes which the young checker couldn’t find the right brand, size, or something, then the woman had to write her check, enter it in her checkbook, and lastly buy lottery tickets. Grrrrr! Needless to say I felt sorry for the checker; she apologized and I just said it takes all kinds and to have a nice day. I’ve done some laundry, and now need to find the 60 cents I am off on the gift shop checkbook. I rechecked it twice yesterday and put it aside.

Ceejay, a mammogram is a good deed to have done. Hope all is ok. We have detours all around our area and warnings not to drive on gravel roads or through water. I know what you mean about getting turned around and lost/confused. I get turned around in large department stores if we come in one door and then go out into the mall. Sioux City is talking about putting a round-about, or whatever it is called, in a new developing area of the city. I will be in trouble and probably be going round ‘n round ‘n round. Did your friend arrive? The cake is called “better than (s*x) or anything.” It is a chocolate cake baked per the box instructions, poke holes while it is still warm and pour caramel ice cream topping over it, cool completely then frost with Cool Whip. Top with chopped Heath bars, Butterfingers, or make chocolate curls. I used Heath bars. :T

Garnet, I ended up with white lampshades since it was that or nothing. I didn’t see any lamps I liked and were tall enough to read beside. It is supposed to be warmer here next week and I am ready! I don’t think a banana equals 1#. ;) You’ve lost 7 and that’s GREAT! Walking is good for your whole body, not just weight loss, but it sure helps. I like your quotes, have you seen them somewhere or do you create them yourself? My daughter-in-law is a nurse and buys Atkins protein bars, not sure about the treats. Don’t skip a meal, find something that will satisfy the hunger. What time do you get home from work? Is there anything you could take with you and eat as you are on your way home?

”Gma,” thanks for starting the new thread. I hope your headache is gone and you feel better by now. Is the powdered fiber supposed to thicken liquids that you drink? Bob’s mom had to do that because liquids would go into her lungs instead of down to her stomach. She didn’t like the stuff and would sneak regular drinks in her apartment. The fudge sounds delicious! The gal who has the antique and fudge making business here has pancreatic cancer and undergoing treatment. There is a sign in the shop window they will open in the spring so I hope so. She makes all different kinds of fudge and has several gals working with her. So far no water in the basement! :cheer: The sump pump by the patio has slowed down as has the snow melting. It has a crust on top from the mist the other day. Such weird weather! Fields are lakes and farmers are worried about soil washing away.

I need to get back to the checkbook, and I don’t want to. I’m hoping the 60 cents will jump right out this time! Hope you enjoy the rest of your day! :wave:

Jean 03-17-2019 03:33 PM

Good Afternoon! The sun has finally come out and it warming up, 34 degrees now. Snow is not going to melt much today although the sun does have more power in it these days. Been to church and out for breakfast. Iíve done some dishes I donít normally put in the dishwasher, have the cream cheese out on the counter to soften a bit, and will get things ready for card club tomorrow night. At least I wonít have to worry about the weather.

I need to keep moving on my ďto doĒ list for tomorrow. Have a nice rest of a Shamrock Green Sunday! :goldpot:

gma22 03-18-2019 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning! Mid temps today it looks like, but we are starting to warm into spring. I cannot figure out why I am staying so hot upstairs at night. I turn the fan on and have to leave it on all night to be able to sleep. Jack has to put an extra blanket on his side to keep warm and here I am with the big ole fan blowing and the covers thrown off. I donít do that downstairs.

I am heading out in a few hours to get my nails done, go to UPS and drop off two returns and get some things at WM if they have an electric cart available. I need to get 3 birthday cards and Easter cards for the boys.

I finally finished the afghan. :cb: I have one square for the pillow done and started on the other side. I can then sew it up and it will be done. I can then go back to a sweater I started for my friend and will keep it until her birthday next year. She is itty bitty, about 100 lbs and never gains weight so I donít have to worry about the sweater not fitting.

The website is acting crazy this morning so I hope this will post. I am making a beef bbq for dinner tonight. I have never made this bbq sauce, but it gets raves. You use coke or in my case diet coke. I was told diet coke works just as well. I took some strip steaks and cut them into cubes. Iím going to brown them and them cook them in the sauce. Fix air fry french fries and cole slaw for dinner.

Jean: Did you ever find your 60 cents?? Jack gobbled down the fudge like no tomorrow. He especially liked the butterscotch. Drives me nuts when people want to write checks but stand around until itís all done before writing it out. We usually get behind the EBTers who donít separate and the cashier is having to do it, etc. :mad: I really dread the spring thaw as the river is not receding. For one thing, the Mississippi is just nasty and having it all up in peoples yards and homes is disgusting. Guess I have to keep my fingers crossed.

Everybody have a good week this week. Off to get a shower and get dressed.

Jean 03-18-2019 03:19 PM

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining again today but it is only 35 degrees with a little breeze blowing. I’m not seeing any snow melting. We didn’t balance this morning and it took over an hour of recounting and double checking check amounts to find the error. One of the banks gives free checks, they are green and must be a slightly different paper because they stick together, and that is what happened. There are several people who have those checks. So aggravating! Bob has been home for lunch and gone back to the office. Now I need to double check for “clean” and my food list for tonight. Whatever doesn’t get done, “oh well.”

“Gma,” hope you were able to get an electric cart to do your shopping. I haven’t even thought about Easter except I know Bob will be singing and we play bells on Palm Sunday. March is flying by fast! I haven’t gone back to find the 60 cents yet. That will be my project for tomorrow plus deciding on a menu for couples’ card club Sunday night. I was going to have sloppy joes but that is what they are serving at the noon fund raiser at church; everyone in card club will most likely go to that. We still have flood watch warnings posted; a small town was totally evacuated a couple days ago and the people still haven’t been able to get back to their houses. Devastating for them!

I need to check on the dryer and get the rest of my list done. Enjoy the rest of your day! :wave:

ceejay52 03-18-2019 05:13 PM

Our baby girl is here. She weighed 6 pounds and 10 ounces and 20 inches long. She also has a head full of black. And of course to me she is a beautiful baby. and loves to be cuddled.
My bff is here and told me when she first came that her niece would come back to get her the following Thursday. Now it is Saturday. All she does is sleep and complain about hurting. I hurt also. .Now she tells me that the house needs more renovation because of mold. I need good vibes please

Jean 03-19-2019 01:46 PM

Good Morning! The sun is shining and NO wind blowing for a nice change of pace. It is supposed to be in the high 40s today. I hope so! It was hard to get moving this morning, I was tired! We saw our first robin this morning so spring has to be getting close! It is still March however, and anything is possible with the weather. I’ve done some laundry and washed the card club dishes from last night. I won’t bother to put them away since I will use them again Sunday night. Maddy has a show choir program tonight so we will head that direction later this afternoon.

Ceejay, :congrat: on the arrival of the newest member of your family! What is her name? She is tiny! I know you will enjoy cuddling her. :yes: Maybe your friend would get the hint, or maybe not, if you match her complaint with one of your own. She sounds like she is a challenge to have around! How do you renovate mold? Hang in there, maybe she will decide to go home early. :crossed:

The dryer is buzzing so need to fold towels and put them away. Enjoy the rest of a terrific Tuesday! :wave:

ceejay52 03-19-2019 02:16 PM

Morning all.
No sign of bff today She's still in her room. I'm not sure why she does this. Why did she even come up here? I haven't been waiting on her hand and foot either. I just told myself I'm older and can't deal with it. I'm preparing at least one main meal. We've been to the grocery store and have her stocked up on easy things for her. Now she is leaving her dishes in the sink and leaving things in the garbage disposal. ugh This will be the last time she comes to visit. She was okay until I told her that my nephew who stayed with me works with social security. https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smiles/lol.gif He's been by a couple of times. I told her we could go to point A today if she were ready to go by 1.00 p m If she isn't I'm going to the gym. I'm not putting my life on hold for her. Sorry to be this way. She and niece were texting back and forth and I know she was wanting me to feel sorry for her and say just stay up here, but I politely told her I can have visitors but no roommates.

Jean
Special people have to come in and get rid of it. You have her down to a tee. And then after treatment of the mold they have to stay out of the house for a certain period of time.

gma22 03-19-2019 03:48 PM

Good afternoon. Itís decent weather today and for a few more days.

I went and ran errands and got my nails done yesterday. I had to get birthday and Easter cards and got some frozen fruit for my protein shakes, bananas, a bottle of coke to make bbq sauce.

The dog next door is howling and I feel sorry for it. I donít know what kind of dog it is but itís big. It was whining last night.

CeeJay: Iíd be crawling up her backside, friend or not. No one deserves to be treated like a maid and if she isnít even cleaning up after herself, sheís not much of a friend. Itís hard, but you you should sit down with her and tell her you enjoyed the visit but you are sorry she needs to go home. If she gives you excuses about the niece not picking her up, pay for a bus ticket to send her home. People like that hang around until theyíre sent packing. Iíll say a prayer that sheíll go home.

Have a good day everyone.

gma22 03-20-2019 11:09 AM

Good morning. It is cool but sunny so looks like a nice day.

I am making chicken and rice casserole for dinner tonight. Itís one of Jackís favorites and fairly easy to make.

I want to get the second side for the pillow finished so I can sew it together then tomorrow I am going to launder and block my bffís sweater, the afghan and my doctorís hat. I can then get the bday presents put together when theyíre dry and get my sisterís shipped to her after the first of the month.

I have been busy ordering the remainder of clothing and shoes for my bff for the cruise. Her pants were too big, but she said she gave me the wrong size it should have been a 2 petite. Can you imagine being that tiny??? :lol: She is going to see if she can take them to Penneys and just exchange them. If not sheíll send them back and weíll try again. I got smart and ordered her two pair of trainers a half size apart. I told her if they both fit to keep them both and if not, send the one back that didnít fit. HSN had them on sale and they have gel soles so they kind of bounce when you walk. I think theyíll be good for in port walking. I bought her a pink pair and a baby blue pair. I also got her three prs of sandals, two for dinner in the evening and a casual pair to wear around the ship. We will bring the shoes home along with her formal dresses and take them with us to cut down on suitcase weight then weíll bring them home, box them up and ship them back to her. I also got her this really cute locket that is glass faced and you put tiny charms in it. I have one of their bracelets that has Harry Potter charms. Hers has an airplane, passort, flip flop, dolphin, cruise ship, and a palm tree and tiny aqua savworski crystals in it. The face of the locket is aqua enamel with silver. Thought itíd be a nice remembrance. Jack is going to make her a CD of the cruise. He has started it and it is cute so far. It has background music and video and still pictures, etc. Unfortunately, he sits and works at it at the pc right next to my recliner and the first background music is ďKokomoĒ by the Beach Boys so I end up singing, ďAruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take you to Bermuda, Bahamas, come on pretty mama...Ē all night in my head. :lol:

Well, back to knitting. Have a fabulous day all and remember, the only person that can stop you from achieving what you want is you!

Jean 03-20-2019 01:37 PM

Good Morning! The sun is shining again today but it is breezy and a bit colder. After Maddy’s program last night it felt like a spring evening and we went for ice cream. The program was awesome! Some time ago Maddy hurt her knee by over extending, not sure what exactly that means. She didn’t practice for a week and was on crutches, then an elastic brace. Yesterday was the first soccer practice, running for two miles! You guessed it, her knee gave out. They have try outs for the varsity team but she is back up goalie and the coach told her not to worry about the two mile run. She wore a heavier brace last night that she got from the trainer but she was hurting by the end of the night. Today is deciding on a menu for Sunday night card club; I hate messing with food period! Bob has an all day meeting tomorrow so I can do some more deep corner cleaning. I have bell practice later this afternoon.

Ceejay, I could never stay in bed as long as your friend did yesterday. Her kitchen etiquette would make it hard for me to keep my mouth shut! How rude! You are a far better hostess than I would be and deserve another star in your crown! :hug: I am anxious to learn if you went to the gym and left her home. We sprayed a few spots of mold in the basement with bleach and scrubbed them away. I assume they are gone since there is no evidence; it is cement blocks so don’t know if mold could penetrate that or not.

”Gma,” you have been a busy gal running errands and finishing your knitting projects! I don’t think I ever wore a size 2, even when I was 2! That is tiny! I hope your best friend has some idea the amount of money you are spending on her for the cruise, and appreciates all you are doing. You are a good friend! :yes:

I’m off to sort through recipes and make a grocery list. :dizzy: Have a wonderful Wednesday and enjoy! :wave:

gma22 03-21-2019 02:03 PM

Good morning (at least for 10 minutes or so. It is chilly in the house, but havenít peeked outside so donít know what itís like other than sunny. We had a lot of rain all evening yesterday. Iím really worried about flooding. Not for us, but the plant screwing up any plans we might have if they go to those 12 hour shifts.

I finished laundering the bday projects and sewed together the pillow. So, as soon as the afghan dries, I can box it and ship it. I made the loops for the sweater this morning so when it dries I can sew them on and sew on the buttons and then gift bag my bffís stuff. I started an all white sweater a few months ago, but put it aside to do the afghan. I am back to working on it, but good heavenís the instructions are convoluted and confusing. So far, so good, but who knows. :lol:

Jean: Did they do an MRI on Maddieís knee when she injured it? It sounds like she might have torn her meniscus at the very least. I hope she can get to shere she can play as I know she likes it. Do you do snack kind of thing for card club or desserts or what? If you ever need some ideas, I have tons of recipes for stuff. I see something I like online and save it. :lol: I have a subscription to ďTaste of HomeĒ magazine. Some of the recipes are just plain strange imo, but some of the stuff sounds good.

Everyone have a good day. Jack decided to take tomorrow off so I think weíll go shopping tomorrow instead of the weekend.

Jean 03-21-2019 05:26 PM

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining but the wind makes it feel colder outside. Snow is melting slowly so that is good. It was an early morning here as Bob was supposed to go to a class with another agent and leave the office at 6:45. It turned out they didn’t go because she was up all night with her two year old who had his tonsils out a couple days ago. I made a WM list and a grocery store list so those two trips have been my day, plus a load of laundry washed and dried. I have to make a cheesy potato casserole for the church fund raiser so will get that done to deliver first thing tomorrow. I will be glad when it is 10:00 Sunday night and my obligations are done!

“Gma,” we still have some area roads that are still blocked because the shoulders have washed away. Luckily, none are near us. I’ve seen some of the Nebraska videos and remember when the Missouri flooded Sioux City a few years ago. It’s hard to believe water can do that much damage. I feel so bad for the farmers who lost cattle and know the price of meat will go up accordingly. I saw where WM is affecting the dairy farmers by raising their own milk cows now. :( Seeing all the damaged homes makes me wonder where one would ever start to clean up the mess. I don’t know if Maddy had an MRI on her knee. The school has a full time athletic trainer so would think he/she would have recommended it if they thought it was necessary. I would hope so anyway. The crafty club serves a dessert, the ladies’ card club is munchies, and the couples card club is usually sandwiches, chips, etc., a few munchies, coffee and dessert to end the evening. Since we will have sloppy joes at church, for lunch, I’m making a chicken and rice casserole, fresh veggies, and rolls. I may make a box brownie mix unless I decide on a sheet cake of some sort. I feel like I’ve lived at the grocery store, cooked, and cleaned up dishes for the last week or so! :lol:

Ceejay, it is Thursday and I hope she is gone! ;)

Not much else is newsy from my corner of the world today. Hope you are enjoying a nice day! :wave:

ceejay52 03-22-2019 11:41 AM

Morning
The beginning of the week was horrible. She kept texting me from her room complaining about it being hot. She expected me to wait on her hand and foot and I refused to do that job. She was hoping to move up here and I had to verbally say that I cannot have roommates per sis. She wants to be in control of everything and I'm not standing for that. I told her that my window of time to getting out and doing things is between 9 and 2. It makes me nervous to drive in heavy traffic. She wants to be in control of her niece to whom she lives with now which isn't going to well either. She kept trying to wear me down but I finally told her that I'm soon to be 69 and I WILL NOT be taking care of you, and that I can barely take care of myself. I have health issues also. All of a sudden she got better.
Enough ranting. She's leaving tomorrow.
No time for personals will be back later.

gma22 03-23-2019 12:09 PM

Good morning. Gonna be a nice day today again. Was going to get car washed, but I have been busy with other things. We have to use one of those handwash places because we have the lift on the back so it takes a lot more time. It can stay the way it is til next weekend as it is going to rain tomorrow.

I got the blanket and pillow boxed up for my sister, got my bffís gifts finished, wrapped, and put in a gift bag, got my doctorís hat in a gift bag so all the gifts are done now. When I finish here I have to get laundry out of the dryer and unload and reload the dishwasher. Anything else can wait.

Jean: You have a whirlwind weekend looks like. Youíve probably cooked more for a couple days than you have in a long time and probably growling the whole time. Hope you enjoy card club though. We donít seem to dry out here before we have another round of rain. They are predicting a wet summer too. My yard area is full of weeds I need to kill, but it seems either itís raining or too cold to do it. Today I am dead tired from the morons next door playing music all night. Thump, thump, thump. Clue, it ainít Frank Sinatra! :lol: Last night the lady on the other side was cooking her stinky stuff then awhile later I smelled smoke from cigarettes in my bathroom, laundry room and kitchen. Ick!! I sprayed Febreeze air freshner all over.

CeeJay: You poor thing. I hope she is out the door today. I think Iíd be knocking her down my friend list after her shenanigans. How rude to come into someoneís home and treat them like it is a hotel and your the maid. Hope things are back to normal. I pity the niece, but she needs to set the woman straight or bounce her.

Everyone have a good weekend. Off to finish the chores.

ceejay52 03-23-2019 05:02 PM

WhooHooooooooo, she's gone. as of 1.30 today.:dance: And unless there is a miracle and she can do a lot more she will not be coming back. I know the reason why she and her niece can not get along. She's a know it all, very bossy and wants to be in control of everything. It would irritate any one including me. I've had to hold my tongue but she put to many straws on the camels back and it broke. I did do some things for myself but I had to text her while she was still in her room, and tell her what i was going to do. Enough is enough ceejay. Let it go, she's gone.
I did start the Metabolic Research center program but have decided to take only a couple of the pills.or potions as I call them, I was a nervous wreck the other day as I had a meeting a noon in Springfield. She, at MRC told us in class that we could weigh in at home and call in the weight. I may do that. They want us to weigh in every 4 days.
My friend wanted to go to Penny's and I texted her and told her that I would not be coming back down in this area.on a Friday afternoon. I can't handle that much traffic.
Thank ya'll for being understanding.

Jean
I need to make out a grocery list for next week but haven't decided on my menu as yet. I have my diet sheet.

GMA
What is the next project?

Jean 03-23-2019 08:29 PM

Good Afternoon! We had sunshine this morning but the clouds and raindrops have taken over. It is supposed to be more of the same tomorrow. Our pastor had his gall bladder removed on Friday so the guest speaker will be the retired superintendent who was so good the last time he took the podium. The fund raiser lunch will be served from 10:30-1:00 so will come home and then go back to eat. I have been fixing card club food yesterday and today, plus cleaning all week it seems like. Just when I think I have everything done I see more dust or a fur bunny flitting around. The high school principal resigned Thursday, as of immediately, with no reason given except he violated school policy. He lives two doors down from us and it has been pretty quiet there. Rumor has it that it was sexual harassment against his secretary and had been written up twice for it. Dumb on his part if true.

Ceejay, I don’t understand why your friend kept herself shut up in the bedroom, let alone send you text messages from there. Isn’t she sociable and like to visit with you? Like I said before you were a much better hostess than I would have been! I’m glad she is gone and I hope she doesn’t ask to come back again! Does she have children of her own that she lives with a niece? I wouldn’t blame her niece if she asked her to move out. What kind of foods does the MR encourage? Good luck, you can do it! :D

“Gma,” when we were in Sioux City last time we went through a car wash where people clean inside and outside the car. It goes through the wash part on a pulley thing and we could watch through the hall window. For $20 my car was squeaky clean for a few hours. Bob remembers going there when he was 10 years old, with his mom. He asked the cashier how long it had been there and she said a long time, then he told her at least 64 years! :lol: Can you smoke in your condos? We had Asian neighbors when we lived in Ohio and every once in awhile we could smell their cooking. They invited several neighbors over for a meal and asked if we would like a drink. It was straight whiskey and I had to let my ice cubes melt before I could drink it. Did you get your shopping done?

I need to keep moving or I will fall asleep. Enjoy the rest of your day! :wave:

gma22 03-24-2019 08:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good evening. I had some ďissuesĒ today so spent a good deal of time in the ďlooĒ as the brits say. Pretty dismal day, but tomorrow will be better. Today started out rainy, but was sunny and warm this afternoon. I felt so bad, Jack went and got Sonic for dinner. I ate, but wasnít enthused.

As a treat for being such a nice guy, I think Iíll make Jack enchiladas for dinner tomorrow. I havenít done that in awhile and I have everything I need. I cheat and use minute rice in my spanish rice because itís easier.

Yesterday the neighbors were running a car wash in front of their garage. Sheesh!!! The darn manager doesnít live here and heís the only one that can stop that nonsense. They raised the HOA fees, which was ok with us, but now they want to remove trash collection as one of the amenities and make us pay for city collection. Jackís the only board member against it, but lately they havenít had a quorum to vote on anything and like I said, the HOA president up and quit. Itís a mess. Jack comes home frustrated because nothing gets done. They are back to parking in front of their garages and Jackís fed up with tagging them and they move their cars before the tow truck can get here to tow them away. Itís a real pain.

CeeJay: I am knitting a summer sweater. Here is the hem of it. There are 6 pages of instructions, very confusing, but I am giving it the ole college try. I am so glad your home is back to normal. Itís sad when people act like that. They donít get they arenít the center of the universe, but then when you basically call them on it, they throw it back on you. Nothing you can do at that point, but do what is best for you.

Jean: Hope you enjoyed your visiting speaker and things went ok with the day. Glad everything is ready for your card club. Technically they are townhouses so they can do as they please unless they are renters. Even then they do whatever the heck they want. We have trash across the street who have lived rent free for nearly a year now because they filed bankruptcy. I donít think even the same people live there. The cars change like people change their socks, I swear. I am not an alcohol drinker much. I do like one type of champagne and thatís about it. Jack usually buys a bottle to take on the cruise to toast. He likes margaritas. I usually get virgin whatever I want. I despise even the smell of beer. My dad was an alcoholic as was my bil and he tried to kill my sister when I was a kid and committed suicide when his kids were young teens. Just gives me bad vibes.

Everyone have a good week this week!

ceejay52 03-25-2019 08:20 PM

Jean
My friend has fibromyalgia. She claims it flairs up on a bad day or trip ride and can last up to 7 days or longer I think that's her excuse to be waited on hand and foot. :lol: I"m not sure she will be coming back.
I've had a headache today. I'm not sure why.
Yesterday was church and afterwards we went to see the baby. She is adorable.
I asked the man who did a lot of work here 2 years ago when I moved in came to come and check on a couple of things , The entry way over head light has started flickering and my garbage disposal. I have to get a new one for him to install later and a new light switch.
I had a doctor's appointment this morning, then went to the gym. My goal is to walk 1 mile. I can't do a 15 minute walk . Takes me around 35 minutes I'm a turtle.

GMA
That's going to be a beautiful sweater. Wish I could do something like that. I'm glad that you are feeling better.
Jean
Sorry to hear that the Pastor had to have surgery. Sometimes it is good to hear some one different once in awhile. My sis and bil will be going to visit their daughter and grand daughter next week in Dallas. He has scheduled the youth to do their thing on Sunday morning.

Have we lost Garnet?

Jean 03-26-2019 02:02 PM

Good Morning! The sun has finally come out, no wind, and it is warming up. :cp: The snow in our yard is gone but the parking lot piles are still slowly melting away. I went to get my nails done this morning, picked up a prescription, and now home for the rest of the day. I am doing a happy dance, found the $.60 error in the gift shop bank statement. Third time is the charm; I had written a check for sixty cents less than the invoice. The only thing I can think of is either the hospital accountant caught it and changed it, or the company misread the check amount and sent it through. Card club evidence is put away until next time and now to finish the leftover casserole for lunch. I was tired yesterday and my brain felt mushy. :rolleyes: Tomorrow is my day to work in the gift shop and then bell practice.

”Gma,” our newest neighbor, a widow who moved in last fall, has her son’s fishing ice house, a utility trailer, and a pickup with Iowa Hawkeye symbols all over it, parked in her driveway and yard. He lives three houses down the street with a garage so full of “toys and junk” he can’t park either of his vehicles in it. He has the old vintage double laundry tub in his front yard. Talk about trashy neighbors! :( I’m just glad we are usually in the back of our house and don’t have to look at it all the time. The “summer weekenders” must have gotten some water damage from all the snow. They were here last weekend, hauled in wet vacs, and opened all the windows. The city council wants to do a city wide clean up this spring; since we’ve gotten our new garbage cans lots of people just sit them in front of their house or even leave them on the curb all week. There is a time frame for putting them out but evidently it doesn’t apply to everyone. That doesn’t look very spiffy! They don’t enforce garbage bags piled along alleys nor cars parked on yards. People who don’t want to pay for garbage pickup, dump their trash in the business dumpsters during the night. People just don’t take pride in their homes like they used to imo. The sweater pattern is beautiful!

Ceejay, I don’t know much about fibromyalgia except there is no cure and it has symptoms that are similar to other diseases. It still doesn’t give your friend a right to act the way she does. :no: That is sad for her and everyone around her. I could walk with you! I am not a fast walker either so Bob and I can’t walk together, he’s always way ahead of me. I figured Garnet might be working extra hours with spring here and Easter right around the corner.

Bob will be home for lunch soon so better get it going. Hope you are enjoying a terrific Tuesday and do something fun! :wave:

gma22 03-26-2019 09:55 PM

Good evening. We are just sitting here in the quiet, which is unusual. Usually the neighbors are out revving their cars or making noise or the dog is barking or something is going on. Itís really quiet not even sirens, which you hear all hours of the night and day. We are about 3 miles from a police substation and we are between two firehouses each only 2-3 miles away. The condos sit on a main drag and are used by semis too. Very noisy most of the time. We have learned to live with it.

I put a roast, potatoes and carrots in the crockpot tonight and watched the Cubs game. Cleanup was pretty easy too. I have one of those turkey loafs in the freezer and think I may make hot turkey sandwiches for dinner tomorrow night.

Worked on the sweater a bit, but the headache is still bothering me off and on. I think it may be the new med so am going to stop it and see. It isnít something that is dangerous to stop immediately, I checked. Nothing else seems to be the cause. I am not stressed, am not having eye issues, am not having sinus issues right now,etc. I looked up the info on this med and it can be a side effect. So, weíll see how it goes.

CeeJay: I just hope when I get to the top of the sweater I can decipher the instructions. The sweater is knit in the round with no seams and the sleeves are knit into the existing sweater not separate. I can do all those things, but her directions are confusing because she has all these charts for different sizes and she uses number and letter codes you keep having to go back and match up to the size youíre making. Here is just one line of her instructions, ďNext round (dec): k4, k2 tog, k to 6 sts before next marker, ssk, k4, sm, k4, k2 tog, k to last 6 sts, ssk, k4. (=4 sts dec'd).Ē ďKnit 4, knit two together, knit to 6 stitches before next marker, slip 2 stitches then knit them together, knit 4, slip marker, knit 4, knit two together, knit to last 6 stitches, slip two stitches then knit them together, knit 4. 4 stitches decreased.Ē Now thatís one of her easy rows as most knitters know all of these symbols, but some of the others are really confusing. The problem is knitters tend to make their own keys about things instead of using basic ones. For example, a basic symbol is ďsl1, K2tog, psso,Ē which means, slip stitch, knit next two together, pass the knitted stitch over the slipped stitch leaving one stitch. She wrote her symbol ďsk2pĒ so then I had to check her key because to me p is purl. So now you know why sometimes I am pulling my hair out when Iím knitting. :lol: My husband is 6í2Ē and long legs. I canít keep up with him even before I used a cane. I can however whiz by him with my scooter. :lol:

Jean: :cp: You found your discrepancy! You always do sooner or later. I imagine it has to do with a bazillion people messing with the books and such. Maddy sure has grown into a pretty girl. Sure is hard to see them so grown up though. Thomas will be 19 in 3 months! Our cans are not to be put out until Tuesday night and put back into the garage or in our back patio by Thursday morning. People leave them 24/7 and now our trash company has become irratic. They didnít pick up last Wednesday and who knows about tomorrow. Sounds like theyíre trying to change your neighborhood into Dogpatch :lol:

You all have a nice evening. Iím going to read a bit and go to bed.

ceejay52 03-27-2019 09:41 PM

It's been a warm day but very little sunshine. I've been to the gym but only walked 3/4 of a mile in 30 minutes and did 4 weight machines. I always do better at the gym when my stomach is not full so I eat when I get back.
I got my blood test results back yesterday and they were great. I only had one test in which the doctor was concerned about and that was my Vitamin D level which was on point below the normal range. I'm to take an over the counter vitamin D and recheck it next year. That could very well have been my trouble last winter.
I've been invaded by ants. I've cleaned the kitchen and told my sis while ago that they were here. She wants me to get ant hotels but I want them gone quicker than that so I've sprayed. Now I see them in the office. Yuck. The ground is wet and they are trying to find food and a dry spot. They are not welcome here.
Also went to the eye doctor yesterday morning. My cataracts are ready to be removed. This will be done in the near future.

Jean
My neighborhood also has some stuff scattered around. One house, a couple of door down, has at least 5 cars parked there. I think I'm going to ask around at church to see if any one would like to play cards. I'm needing something to do other than cleaning house.

GMA
:wave:

Jean 03-27-2019 10:32 PM

Good Evening! It was a nice sunny “spring” day in my neighborhood today. This afternoon was sweater weather . . . finally! We had a tornado drill while I was at the hospital this morning, coffee and gift shop people had to go in the bathrooms. Last year they forgot to tell us when it was over but this time I don’t think we were in there ten minutes. I sold a book this morning and did some busywork paper collating and stapling for the office. Did some laundry after lunch and went to bell practice later.

“Gma,” I had he sliding doors open this afternoon and noticed the truck noise from the highway two blocks away. They are picking up speed so sound loud to me. I hope your headache is gone. I have sinus pressure all of a sudden and finally broke down to call the allergist my doctor recommended. Wednesday must be the day they travel to other towns because the answering machine said their office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. He does come here but is booked until September! Your knitting instructions could be in Chinese for all they mean to me. :lol: I do know knit and purl, it is the rest I don’t understand. Sometimes the print on invoices is small enough that the 9 looks like a 3; if I’m in a hurry I’m not at careful as I should be. :o Before we moved out here lawn and garden buildings were not allowed and people weren’t supposed to park in driveways for extended periods of time. Things have sure changed and not for the better. I had to laugh at Dogpatch even though it is true.

Ceejay, I have the best luck with Terro ant killer. It is a liquid and I put a drop on a piece of wax paper, on the floor where I see the most ants. They come in like a wagon train, circle around, eat/drink, and leave to die in their hole. Because of the cat, I put one of Bob’s caps over it but it doesn’t slow them down any. Good luck with your ant removal! :congrat: on the gym visit and great lab results! :cp: I take otc Vitamin D and credit with making my bone density test results improve. You will be pleasantly surprised how well you will see after cataract surgery.

Bob has basketball on tv and I have a few dishes calling me from the sink. Hope you all enjoy your evening and a terrific Thursday tomorrow! :wave:

ceejay52 03-28-2019 12:48 PM

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do today except clean out my fridge and get the garbage ready for pick up tomorrow and do some laundry. I'm not in the mood to do house work. I may get outside and do some yard work this afternoon if it doesn't rain.

Jean
I will get some Terro and use it. That's what we used at work. I am a bit nervous about having the surgery. But others have had it with success. The eye doctor said he had it three months ago.

GMA
We were posting at the same time yesterday. I'm like Jean and would know how to read the instructions.

gma22 03-29-2019 07:07 AM

Good morning! We had the fans on all night as it stayed warm overnight. My back was killing me at 3 AM so came downstairs, but couldnít fall back to sleep. So I sat here playing games and here I am.

I got my sisterís birthday gift ready to ship. $20 to ship it postal priority. They took out the self shipping at our post office and I didnít want to stand in line to ship it so I did it at home. Ahh well, I just hope she likes it. I noticed the mug I had made for her finally shipped. She is a big coffee drinker and the front says, ďThe love between sisters knows no distance,Ē and has our two states with an arrow between and ďI love you,Ē with her name. Since my other two siblings have passed away in the last couple years she and I are the only two left. Unfortunately, she lives in AZ.

I am fixing Jack rolled tacos and spanish rice for dinner. Heís been wanting it, but itís labor intensive so I like to leave it until the weekend. I had turkey last night and he gobbled it right up.

Well, baseball season has started. Yippee!! We won last night 16-7. We have a night game tonight so I can get dinner over and get everything cleaned up before hand.

CeeJay: Cataract surgery is a whiz and youíll be amazed how well you see after. My vision had gotten so poor they couldnít improve it and I had both eyes done and I have 20/15 in both eyes now. My husband had his done and his vision is 20/25 in both eyes. Sometimes you still have to wear glasses but your prescription will be a lot lower and you will see so much better.

Jean: I take vitamin d rolled into my calcium tablets. Thank goodness because I am not a milk drinker. Seems like the only people in this city who take care of their lawns and such are the ones rich enough to have someone else do it. I just get tired of the condos looking like the hood. Now that the temps have warmed up there is a lot more noise just from them being outside.

Well I hear Jack up and around upstairs. Have a nice weekend.
​​​​​​​

snowell 03-29-2019 05:02 PM

Greetings everyone. I haven't been on here in at least a week - been working a lot. Lots of employees have been "calling in" so I was called in for them, which is more hours for me. Worked until late night for six days straight. I woke up with leg cramps one night from doing so much leg work on the job. Think I twisted my right knee Sunday because it has been sore since then - am off today, just resting it now. Hope my boss does not call me in today. I'm tired.
Spring is busting out all over here. Trees are blooming in white, pink & red flowers all over. Spring is beautiful here. The trees, except evergreens, and bushes turn into full bloom flowers. I never saw this until I moved to OR. And of course because it rained here almost everyday since October the grass stayed green everywhere here.

Congratulations on the baby girl. Six pounds is a good average weight. Babies can make one feel wonderful just holding them.

Glad you found a lamp shade that is what you want. White is always a good "color" for a lamp shade.

The afghan is beautiful. I enjoy crocheting.

About fiber...apples are almost totally fiber.

About the frustration of waiting in line at stores to "check-out" - I am a "checker" (cashier) at a national grocery store & even I get frustrated with customers that take forever to check-out when I know that other customers are waiting in line who may be in a hurry or has ice cream or a fussy child or is in pain or whatever. Example: A customer who tries their bank card several times to get it to work, they can't remember the pin number, tries other cards over & over, has maybe three/four separate transactions because they are also buying groceries for other people, then they remember they want a book of stamps, then they remember they want a bag of ice, then they forgot to get whatever & leaves the register to run to get whatever they forgot to get, then after their final transaction is done & I have printed out a receipt THEN they say "Oh! I forgot to enter my phone number into the pin pad. I want to cancel my transaction and start over!" (At that point my mind is in a rage!) Then I have to void the transaction, get a Manager's approval (Page manager & waiting for manager now), UN-BAG EVERY item from bags (after taking all the bagged bags out of customer's grocery basket) and RE-RING-UP EVERY item just so the customer can enter their phone number of all things - & with a smile on my face! Then when the other customers in-line get to me they are in a really bad mood because they had to wait so long. Me - smile no matter what. But, it sucks when I am called into the office & the manager says "A customer called and complained that they had to wait in line for 45 minutes to check-out. Why?" Me - Uh........

I know what you mean about getting bored eating the same stuff all the time. I still weigh the same, haven't lost any weight in the last week or two. I got bored/tired of eating the same stuff daily - just meat and greens/green veggies. I ate some things I cannot eat if I want to lose weight. An apple, some blueberries, some nachos, cookies........ Then I feel so guilty.
I'd come home from work late at night & be so tired I just wanted to feel comfort. Food is comforting so I would sometimes over eat or eat things I shouldn't because it's comforting. But also, I really crave "normal" food - pizza, spaghetti, sandwiches, oatmeal, biscuits (I ate that too a few days ago when I made biscuits and gravy for my son,) and I really crave pie & ice cream. We Americans are terribly spoiled with grocery stores that sell everything a person could want to eat. We don't have to grow our own food and starve until we can harvest it. Who here has sugar cane growing in their back yard (for sugar) or a salt mine under ground, or banana trees, or a slaughter house in their garage to butcher their cows/chickens, or a cheese cellar, or a grain mill, or a hill covered with all kinds of berry bushes and fruit trees...etc...etc...
Example: The fudge "sounds" so good but the woman who made it probably did not have cocoa bean trees & sugar cane growing in her back yard. We are a spoiled lot we are. And every time I blow my weight loss eating plan I remind myself that I am acting like a spoiled brat.
No wonder so many Americans are over weight. This country may be the best country to live in, in many ways but, many of us are greedy & undisciplined (myself included) due to our lifetime habits. It is so unfair that people in poorer countries are starving while Americans are enjoying anything we want to eat & getting fatter. Sigh, alas, yes, I also would have enjoyed every bite of fudge - who wouldn't! My mother use to make fudge with walnuts every xmas & it was awesome.

Quotes? Most are things I read somewhere else, don't know who originally said them, some I made up. I just remember them because they were inspiring to me.

So, I have not lost any weight this last week or so. That sucks. I just keep trying. That's what life is about - hanging in there. It's not over yet. I can do better. I just need to stop eating so much & to remember that the adult body needs no more food than a toddler & the body is healthier with minimal digestion.
Have a good weekend everyone.

snowell 03-29-2019 05:15 PM

Ceejay: I am glad you are finally free from the stress you have been dealing with. You seem to have dealt with it well. Your little jumping character is perfect for your situation. It is how I feel when I have a day off of work. :)

Jean 03-30-2019 01:24 PM

Good Morning! The sun is shining but it is bitterly cold outside with 25 mph wind blowing everything not nailed down outside. I am having a lazy morning, just can’t get in gear for some reason. I am dressed, have sheets in the washer, and scooped Ernie’s potty box so I am making progress. : here: Lunch will be leftover tuna casserole from yesterday. Other than that there is nothing on my “have to do” list for today!

Ceejay, you mentioned cleaning out your refrigerator, I need to do that! There are odds ‘n ends of cheese, etc., left from card club that I need to pitch. Do you have dates for your cataract surgery? The surgeon gave me a chart to keep track of the eye drops which was helpful. You will do just fine! :hug: The most amazing thing for me was being able to see so clearly in the middle of the night. It took me a long time to get used to not wearing contacts because I had worn them 50+ years.

”Gma,” I didn’t know there was such a thing as self shipping at the po. I don’t think that will ever happen here. We were in SAMs Club last week and they have replaced almost all of their check outs with the do-it-yourself kind. :mad: The two that had checkers had clerks unloading your cart on one side while you waited on the other. Makes no sense to me. I also take calcium with vitamin D but my retired doctor recommended the extra vitamin D capsule saying it wouldn’t hurt. I haven’t had a glass of milk since I was a little girl and my mother bribed me. She didn’t like milk either. We have a couple of lawn care companies here but Bob likes doing his own. I can’t remember if I shared or not, but our high school principal resigned without notice, a week ago. Rumor has it it was for sexual harassment against his secretary. Anyhow he lives a couple houses from us and has been working on his yard. We are waiting for the “for sale” sign to go up.

Garnet, it’s nice to catch up with you. :D Is there a limit to the number of hours you can work since you are not on a regular schedule? Six days seems like a lot. Our WM just remodeled and put in a cement floor. That makes my legs hurt just thinking about. I know there are people who go there to walk laps during the winter months. As I mentioned before, SAMs has gone to more self checkouts. Makes me growly! When I am serious about losing weight I find it easier to not have food in the house that I can graze on. Bob can leave the candy or chips alone but they seem to call my name. We went to Kolby’s orchestra concert early last week; just sat watching people come and go, there are far more overweight FAT people than thin people. I know we are overweight but not nearly as bad as some people. Some looked like they hadn’t had a shower or clean clothes that day either. Sad to think our children will grow up in that mind set. Next week will be a better eating week for you. You can do it! “Gma” plans her menus which is a good plan you could try, or maybe you do that now. I’ve never been very good at that.

I need to get busy and get sheets in the dryer at least. Hope you all enjoy a nice weekend! :wave:

gma22 03-30-2019 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good afternoon. Cloudy and rainy here today. It is nice and warm though. We had a neighborís dog bark for three hours straight this afternoon. Ugh! Gave both of us a headache.

Jack took the car to get an oil change early this AM then came home and we loaded up the scooter and went to WM, which was a zoo. On a Saturday and they had 2 checkers and the self check out. :mad: I mean geez on Saturday? There were cashiers already there too because the head checker was checking out and the lines were about 8-10 long each and full baskets. Guess he got fed up because he called 5 cashiers to the front. We got lucky as they opened a lane right next to us and the head cashier told us to go there.

We are in for the night. Cubs play at 7 pm. Jack had chicken soup and I am having my ďissuesĒ so nothing for me at the moment. Maybe Iíll feel like eating dinner later and make myself something.

Here is what I have learned about dieting all these years. You must eat to lose weight. Drastically cutting calories actually makes you gain weight because you end up binging. Giving yourself a treat once a week is a good thing not bad. Donít deny yourself totally another way youíll eventually binge. If you want pizza get a single serving one with veg instead of meat toppings or plain cheese and you add the veg you like to it. I get the Lean Cuisine pizzas and they are very good. Keep junk food or temptation food out of the house. If someone in the house eats snacks, lock it in a cabinet and give them the key. Eat high fiber foods but drink a lot. Eat oatmeal for breakfast. Not only is it filling, it is good for your heart. When I am dieting I follow the plate method as Iíve said. Buy yourself a three portion plate. Your protein should fit in a small section, carb in a small section, fill large section with veg(s). Add 1/2 c of fruit especially berries on the side. I also have 1- 2 low carb snacks a day. Anyway it works for me. I bought an air fryer and if I get the urge to want fried foods I use it. I make air fried buffalo cauliflower that is really good.

Garnet: You poor thing. I can imagine your calves have to be screaming! I imagine you appreciate the $$ but tough on the ole feet and legs. When I was in college I was 38. I had a husband in the Navy and two teens. I worked a night job at a bbq place, came home at 11 pm, sat in a hot tub of water because my legs ached so bad and studied. Got up at 5 am and started it all over again. So, I understand doing what you have to do even if your body complains a lot. Thank you about the afghan. I taught myself to crochet and here is my first and only project but... I washed it and blocked it, but when it dried and I folded it, it wouldnít fold even. I guess I need a live person to show me how to get it right at the end of each row. I was adding stitches. I knit and crochet left handed so it can be a challenge with patterns.

Jean: Our POs here have a weigh machine where you can weigh your packages and purchase postage for it or buy stamps. You can use exact cash or credit cards. I didnít want to drive across town to the next closest post office that has one. I too got a paper showing which drops to do when, how many, etc. I like being able to buy sunglasses. Guess thatís my vanity. I have a pair with purple lenses and pink ones, though theyíre mirror lenses so you arenít looking through pink or purple. I had to drink a full glass of milk every meal as a kid and I hated the taste. I would hold my breath and drinking it straight down then I could have koolaid. :lol:

Well gals, time to get going. Have a good Saturday afternoon and evening.

Jean 03-31-2019 07:46 PM

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining but it’s another cold day in my neighborhood. With the wind yesterday, the lake is now open and a pile of ice is decorating the south shoreline. Bob spent the weekend cleaning the garage from top to bottom.The tile dust from the bathroom shower project made everything gritty. After the fact, the goofus didn’t use a wet saw which would have saved a lot of the grit from blowing around. We pitched a lot of stuff, two being old Gateway computer boxes that probably date back to around 1999. You never know when you might need a big box! With many humid summers it was time to pitch them! I’ve done some laundry and organized the pantry shelves. I think gremlins come in and mess up my shelves when I’m not looking! Maddy has her first soccer game tomorrow and I washed my grimy winter jacket to wear if it is this cold.

“Gma,” I know one is supposed to wear sunglasses and I see people wearing them even when the sun isn’t shining. I must admit I rarely wear mine. :o I have a prescription pair which I don’t like because they are big and feel clunky. I drive such short distances the sun doesn’t bother me. I do wear them when we travel or out on the lake. We had a lady at church wear hers in church. I’m not sure if she had cataract surgery or something more serious going on. I had a divided plate when I was little because I didn’t like my food groups touching each other. Ian was the same way and I was going to get him one. Jason said, “don’t you dare, all the food goes to the same stomach!” :rolleyes:

Bob just asked what there is for a snack; usually Sunday night is popcorn night so guess that is my clue. Enjoy your evening and have a marvelous Monday tomorrow! :wave:

gma22 04-01-2019 07:34 PM

Good evening ladies! Cilly this morning and cool all day. Jack had to work out in the wind today so heís been cold all day. I stayed in the house.

I did absolutely nothing today except a load of laundry and the dishwasher tonight. I did work on my current sweater project. So far, so good, but then it is the body of the sweater so itís just knitting around and around with every 12 rows decreasing 4 stitches. When I get up to the yoke and sleeves it gets harder.

Jean: I know adults who donít like their food touching and others that only eat it all mixed up. To each his own I guess. I wear sunglasses when I am outside all the time unless itís dark. My eyes are pretty sensitive to light since my surgery. Not badly, but enough to cut down glare by wearing sunglasses. I saw an article that an overpass on I-75 in Chattanooga came tumbling down closing the whole interstate. It mutilated a car that it fell on, but the driver wasnít hurt badly. Itís the exact way we go to Florida. Itís the second crazy thing as I told you awhile back about all the rain causing a mudslide in Nashville the exact way we go. Did Bob get his pocorn? Iíve never heard about tile guys not using a wet saw. From what I understand besides the dust, itís a good way to break blades as they get really hot.

Everyone have a good day tomorrow.

ceejay52 04-01-2019 11:15 PM

Evening folks.
My stomach and intestinal tract gave me problems last night between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m, then I slept till 9.30 a.m.this morning. .My days are getting really screwed up and I don't like it. Going to have to get myself back on a schedule.
My sis had a dental appointment this afternoon and after that she called me to see if I wanted to go with her to see the baby. I said yes in a heart beat. The baby had a doctors appointment this morning and she had gained 14 ounces so she is a little over 7 pounds now.
I signed up for this diet program 19 days ago and have not taken it to heart. I'm going to start again tomorrow with my weigh in at the center. I do good in the mornings.. I sleep most of it, lol but the late afternoon and early evening are the hardest for me. always have been. The center sold me a very nice journal but my handwriting is very poor and have messed it up completely, so I've made myself a more complete one in excel. I'm used to counting calories so I've combined there information and mine.
I wanted to get outside today but it was still a bit chilly. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer. I want to clean out the flower bed and clean around the steps to the deck.

Hellos to Garnet, Jean and GMA