3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Former chub clubbers #8 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/3171-former-chub-clubbers-8-a.html)

mailwhale 03-24-2001 12:11 AM

Audri, Sorry it was a day late, and not too terriblly creative...I complained to Dolphin about my inability to "stamp" cards...after several really poor attempts, well, that was what was left of my creative spirit ;-) Glad you had a good one!

I finally can report that I was good for a week...well 5 days. I can't remember the last time I exercised such discipline in regards to snacking and portion control, and ta-da! it works, those recently gained 5 pounds are gone, thank goodness. I hope I can keep it up for another quick 5 that appeared around the holidays - grrr.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Itsworthit 03-24-2001 06:46 AM

Hey, Congrat's on your stick-to-it-iveness and loss this week, Mailwhale... you're my inspiration!!

Sun's out this morning.. blue skies and lots more of that white stuff...I've just shoveled a foot or more of heavy wet snow from our deck and fed the birds, squirrels and who know's what all... so it's a GOOD morning!!! We're heading out for the day. TTYL!

flower 03-24-2001 10:12 AM

Mailwhale-I got the card on my birthday. The 22nd. You silly girl, it wasn't late! I have never tried stamping, so who knows if I could master it either! Congrats to the bye bye 5!!! I have my period finally. Can you say flood. Not going near a scale till it's done. I haven't been snacking since the weather is hot.

Itsworthit, the snow will melt soon. I saw snow for about 15 minutes on the mountain this winter. It must be nice to have 4 seasons. Our spring will be over in about a month.

Well, got my herbs, gotta plant them today. Gonna start a butterfly garden too. Got a butterfly bush, a potato bush, 2 jasmine and a honeysuckle. Should be sweet smelling! My wall should be covered in vines too.

Gotta gp to ex in laws today to visit Santa Barbara family. I should get some belated b-day gifts too. Tomorrow I go a potluck @ the park. Full weekend.

-audri

1Dolphingirl 03-24-2001 11:52 AM

HI Ladies~

UGG Post #3. I lost the first 2 very newsy posts & now I will just say stay in control & have wonderful weekend ladies. I had written each of you a message but it is too late to repeat them all. :o Sorry :(

I'll be thinking aobut you & hoping we all can reoprt control on Mon. Especially me, b/c I blew it when my daughter made cookies yesterday. (How dumb was that?) :confused:

Itsworthit 03-25-2001 05:59 AM

Good morning all!

Still MISSING KareFree and CookieMommster... always hoping we'll have a post from them!!! I did go into our options here ~ found that we can be notified by email if anyone has responded to this thread... and it's quick~ comes right to it!

Good hearing from you, Sandy... read about your wild snowmobile adventure in NH ~ glad you made it back down off that mountian okay! From what I hear snowmoblining's very physical ~ doubt my poor ol' back could take it. You must feel like you've had a thorough workout after a day of being out like that! Btw, I'm fine.. had a severe kidney infection/high fever that had to be hospitalized/put on antibiotics/iv's to get rid of.

Audri, your new plants sound wonderful... honeysuckle grows wild in Virginia/made hikes in the woods such a treat! Would love to see your butterfly garden.. Mailwhale's too! It IS nice to have 4 seasons, but since we've had already had 6 mo's of winter <w/no signs of ending>, and only 6 mo's left to get in the other 3 ~ as much as I love Spring, I'm afraid it'll be very short this yr, too.

Would be nice to find a climate where the seasons were more evenly divided <actually, when we lived in Oregon, seemed Spring started in Feb/March... would love to hear from CM, to know if Portland is bursting out in fragrance & colors yet? ~ think I miss it most this time of year!>

Dolphingirl, thanks for pursisting and saying Hi.. it must be so frustrating losing posts! and... I know about how tempting cookies can be... yesterday we sampled one and "somehow" a doz ended up in our cart... and half a doz were gone before we got home... and that's after feeling so good about our not giving in to our favorite girl scout choc/mint cookies this year! Well, we'll just have to promise to do better... now that we've had our 'treat of the year' right?!

Hey, didn't realize we had 'stampers' among'st us... that's been one of my favorite <and must admit, most addictive> hobby's, but since going back to work, one I miss having much time for! Anything new they've come out with? My nearest stamp store now is over an hr's drive from here... the "best one" nearly two hrs away, so I don't get to keep up on it like I used to when my "favorite - and first one" was only ten min's away! I might have to have another 'fix' and dig out my stamps this afternoon!

We're heading out to another antique store we saw yesterday, looks interesting... trying to find an old little table to put in our kitchen nook that'll 'fit' in w/our little log-cabin look. Harder to find than we'd thot! Once spring gets here we'll start checking out the garage sales, if we haven't found anything.

Wow, just looked back and see I've written a book~ promise next time I won't be so long-winded! Have a great day, friends! TTYL!

1Dolphingirl 03-25-2001 10:10 AM

Good Morning~
It is cloudy here but the flowers are starting to bloom Itsworthit. The rhodys are just starting but the daffodils are out everywhere just like the crocuses. The flowering trees are in bloom too. It is getting really pretty.

I'm a stamper too but probably not to up on the really new stuff. It is truely an addictive hobby & can be really expensive if you live to close to the store. ;)

I did better yesterday & I'm really happy about that. My own lack of control is so frustrating. but Maybe I'm starting to get going again. Who knows? I do plan on doing better just in case you were getting worried about my attitude.

Well, I have copied this post after every couple of lines so I wouldn't lose it & this time it hasn't cut out on me at all. Figures...it is b/c I'm prepared this time. lol

Have a great day everyone! :wave:

mailwhale 03-26-2001 10:32 AM

Oh, I like that waving happy face there, that is cute, I'd sort of given up on cute stuff in my rush to post at all in the recent past, but now prehaps I can add those cuties back to my text! ...course I can't fine a smile legend hmmmm.

Anyway, well, 2 of those 5 came back over the weekend, but hey, I'll take the 3. I was not completely "bad" over the weekend, so it is probably a water issue. But gotta be "good" for my 3 month "lose the weight or bust!" thing I got going! :smile:

Anyone know of a good free clip art or coloring book page on line where I could print out some Easter things for the kids to color? I'm having a heck of a time finding nice clean images for the kids to color in.

Eat like a thin person this week! We'll get there!

flower 03-26-2001 11:29 AM

Good morning! So happy to have so much to read! I walked over 3 miles yesterday. Unfortunately I also make cinnamin chip oatmeal raisin cookies. They are sooooo good. We are also going to a buffet for breakfast today. Gotta fill up on fruit first, then a nibble of the yummy stuff. Actually I am craving potatoes. I think the bike will be used today so I don't feel guilty. :) I have the cutest red capri pants I got a couple weeks ago. They are a size too small. Gotta get into them. My first new goal.

I am having a hard time eating healthy because of a lack of funds. Gotta eat whats in the freezer first before buying new stuff. Actually if I don't go over board w/ portion sizes, I should still be able to loose.

Well gotta put Grif into cute grandma clothes. Ya know picture stuff. He will squirm and squirm. He prefers a onsie and thats it. :) audri

1Dolphingirl 03-26-2001 08:46 PM

I'm really late posting today. Oh well, not much to say anyway. the sun is out but the wind is blowing & it is cold. I worked out this am & then have just been working the rest of the day. I just got home from my daughter's soccer game. They won 5-0. They are sure they are destined for the Olympics. :) Now it is time to work on dinner. I hope everyone is having a good day.

Itsworthit 03-27-2001 05:53 AM

Good morning, everyone! Looks like a sunny morning but right now it's a bone-chilling 11 degrees out so not going out walking this morning! :cool: Mailwhale, you'll find the smiley's just on the left of this reply box <smilies are ON...>. Just noticed the vB code is ON too ~ will have to take some time later, to figure all that out!

Just leaving for work, but dropped in to read everyone's posts... good finding your new msgs, so I'll try to add one more often, too.

Hope everyone's doing well at 'eating less, moving more'. I've been doing my stretches and deep breathing out-back at work... helps with the stress if nothing else, but still longing for nice mornings to get outside walking!

Dolphingirl, so glad you're seeing spring out there in Olympia (also beautiful/favorite part of the west coast- have family & friends all over WA as well as OR/CA <missing them, sigh...>)... and do remember how gorgeous the rhody's are out there.

Well, gotta run. TTYS! Have a GOOD TUESDAY!

Itsworthit 03-27-2001 05:59 AM

Just a PS... strange, the ) on the end of my sentence, turned into a wink w/o the : in front of it! Go figure! Just thot I'd mention it, since it didn't really fit there, but also guess it works with the > in front!

Bye again! :wave:

flower 03-27-2001 09:35 AM

Morning everyone. I officially know it is spring. I wake up sneezing cause I sleep w/ the windows opened. Stupid allergies!

Well, I need to kick up my program. I applied at the mall yesterday. I have decided that any job would do me good right now, so I applied at cute shops at the mall. But will they hire me if I can't fit into their sizes? Probably not, so time to make this body move!!!! I love doing window displays. I can do that and do flowers from home. I need a real job for the health insurance but I can also have some fun too.

I am going to go fill some applications out at garden centers today. Not sure if that's such a good idea with the hot season fast approaching. I will just have to keep at this, something will find me if I am out there with my eyes open!

I gotta be good today. Cute clothes are a calling. Is't this a cute smilie? :nono: audri

mailwhale 03-27-2001 09:30 PM

lol Audri, that must be the one we think of when we are about to eat something we shouldn't! :rolleyes:

Thanks Itsworthit for the smile help, you are an :angel: I guess I had forgotten how to type them yourself since the WB boards had them to click on....

Well, this week, it is gonna be more work...last week, I didn't feel like eating so it was easy to get started, Yesterday and today...struggle, struggle. But I agree, cute clothes are calling - and I just want to be me, ya know? the me without the extra pounds, the one I just know I would be if I could stick with this in a serious way for at least 3 months to at least feel better prepared for summer. Then keep it up for the summer and maybe hit that ellusive goal!!!!!

Oh, found some nice pictures for the kids to color at the Crayola website. Happy Spring all!

Itsworthit 03-28-2001 06:45 AM

Good morning! It's actually feeling warmer this morning at 30 degrees, so maybe we'll get some melt-off today.

I'm bummed... my boss (who's also a great friend) has been losing weight (35 lbs so far... says she's lost 5 inches from her thighs, etc, etc). We've always been about the same size (even gained weight about the same last yr). Anyway, yesterday she brings in a shopping bag full of her too-big business suits, etc... found it sitting in my office. Said they were too good to throw out (which is true) but now what do I do?? I hate that I'm still not losing like she is but I really resent getting those- am I being overly sensitive? We've talked alot about how difficult it is to be overweight, but now she's going to a weight-loss dr who has her on a 'Atkins-type' high protein/low carb diet, which my dr has said is unsafe for me. She's been touting how great it is... but also really-really craves carb's and I know that wouldn't work for me.... I'd eventually eat every carb in the house and go for more! I'm convinced I have to sweat off my fat, so walking is about the best thing for me to get back to. Any ideas how I should handle this.. I really would be depressed wearing her 'fat-labeled' clothes, even as nice as they are.

Well, thanks for letting me grumble. Guess I'm just more frustrated w/myself ~ maybe this will be the 'wake-up call' I've been needing.

Have a good day... TTYL!

flower 03-28-2001 10:26 AM

Itsworthit...take the clothes. Even if you don't want them. She'll need them again. Once she gives into her carb craving she'll have to ask for the clothes, or if you notice she's gaining, give the bag back and say these are too big, you look like you need them again. :)

Seriously, if you can use them, take them. Maybe it's the extra nudge you need. Besides, it would help the pocket book wouldn't they? You don't need to wear them forever. Just a few monthes while you get down to your real size!

I have a job interview at a garden center. I think it will pay too little but I am going anyways, if just for the practice! More when I get back! ~audri~