Old 02-08-2019, 06:54 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

GMA
Have fun on your week end trip. I hope that it will warm up.

Jean
You have a good week end also
-------------
Not much is going on today. I tried to take the garbage to the curb but the garage door was frozen. so it will wait till next week. The thermostat is doing wonky again but I'm getting out tomorrow to get some new filters. Think I'm going to start changing them once a month.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:11 AM   #17  

Good morning. It’s a chilly 23 degrees here in Brentwood but supposed to get into mid 40’s today. I was so tired I went to bed at 8 o’clock last night. Thin walls as someone was having a party, but it was just talking not loud music or anything. I put in earphones, turned on an audio book and fell asleep.

Traffic was ok until we got close to Nashville. Some crazy lady tried to purposely sideswipe us at a construction zone because Jack wouldn’t let her in when the lane ended. The big digital overhead and the orange construction street signs for the lane blocked started 5 miles back and she wasn’t willing to wait so she went zooming up the ending lane. I saw her come zipping up the outside lane in the rear view mirror and warned him she was coming. She ran out of lane and tried to force Jack into letting her over and he refused and honked his horn at her. She was so close to our car that if I’d rolled down my window I could have touched hers. Jack said it was the principle that everyone else had to wait so could she. This noodlehead was forced to get behind us then laid on her horn for 2 miles until the exit. I guess she thought it bothered us. Two cars got between her and us and she just kept up even though she was no longer directly behind us. We got off on the exit and she came zooming around us on the right side with her big mouth open screaming through the closed window. I just put my hand up and turned away. She took off and cut us off cutting across 4 lanes of heavy traffic. She almost rearended a truck because she was in the far left lane and he wasn’t going fast enough for her. I mean she got right up on his bumper and with the heavy traffic if he’d had to stop quickly, she’d have hit him.

We went to Outback for dinner and it was really good, but man was it cold by the time we got there. It was windy, which didn’t help. They gave me french fries, which were the best I have ever eaten. Wanted to scarf them all but I couldn’t. I ate 3-4 and just ate my salad with my ribs, which were fall off the bone tender. We decided to call it a night after getting a couple things at the Publix grocery store.

Our room is super nice. The bathroom has two doors, one from bedroom and one from living area, which was nice. It has a really comfortable couch and chair and a nice big desk for Jack with a comfortable padded chair. We’re going to do their breakfast buffet then head out for awhile. Jack wants to go to the mall to the camera shop there.

CeeJay: Our gate freezes because the latch is metal and if it gets wet the latch freezes solid. Our garage door acts up in very high heat or very cold. We had to have capacitors replaced a few years ago and it’s acted up ever since.

Jean: This cold snap dipped way down. We are really not far enough south for it to be warm all winter. We usually stay in the 40’s or 50’s for most of the winter. We do however get hot in the summer and have extended warm months. Usually we warm up in March and doesn’t realky turn cooler until late Oct. July and August are killer here because it will be in the 90’s and very, very humid. Jack didn’t get his preferred section, but we got good tickets anyway so that’s all taken care of. Ballparks are ridulously expensive. We paid nearly $400 for Cubs tickets to Wrigley last year and these were $155 apiece plus all the crap they add on. Even the nose bleed sections are $50-60 apiece. I don’t know how families afford it. I looked at their food selection yesterday. They wanted $17 for nachos!!! At least at this ballpark you can take in a soft sided cooler with bottled drinks. Most parks you are not allowed to bring in food or drinks. We are literally about 100 feet from the ballpark from our hotel. This ballpark has a whole area outside of it that is restaurants and shops. The hotel has restaurants too so we won’t even have to get in the car. We are within walking distance of the arch if we want to visit that.

You ladies have a great weekend.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 04:09 PM   #18  

Good Afternoon! We started the morning with sunshine but it has disappeared. It has warmed up to 23 degrees; at least it is heading in the right direction. I woke up during the night and for some reason realized I had forgotten to send Beth and Will’s anniversary card; their anniversary is Monday and Will’s birthday is Wednesday. I had the grands Valentines ready to go so don’t know how I missed the others. Too much to remember this week, I guess. Bob will take them to the little town west of us since they all go west and will be in Sioux Falls tonight. Ian played a great game yesterday and made four points, kind of by accident. He is so tall his “job” is to get the ball away from the other team. They won by 47 points. The other team is an Iowa Christian school that recruits their athletes from around the area. Our local varsity team beat them a week ago, first time in 22 years! Ian has another game today but Bob wanted to put the bathroom back together so will go to next weeks game. The season is winding down, then track will begin. We never go to the track meets; Ian runs but he told Bob it is boring.

Ceejay, I had to at your wonky thermostat, not because it is not working properly but that you called it wonky. For some reason that tickled me. I change our furnace filters once a month, mostly because we’ve always had a cat. They say every three months on the box but I think they would be pretty dirty by then.

“Gma,” we had the same traffic situation, a few years ago, when we would pick Maddy up for soccer games. There was always a car trying to butt in line. Bob wouldn’t let them in if he could help it. You are lucky that lady didn’t take a shot at you. Your room sounds very nice. I’m glad you got your game tickets. It will be nice to have your hotel room so close to the ballpark, restaurants, shopping, etc.

My washer should be done and I can get the next load going. I need to get sheets back on the bed and iron Bob’s shirt for church tomorrow. I am playing bells so it will be an early morning. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Last edited by Jean; 02-09-2019 at 04:32 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:32 PM   #19  

I did changed the filter today and it was nasty. I thought the service guy was supposed to but no.
It is predicted that we will get freezing rain over night. So I'm set to stay in tomorrow.
The garage door was frozen to the ground but sis used my hair dryer to thaw it. I've put down some ice melt and so far so good.
More later
Old 02-10-2019, 07:51 AM   #20  

Good morning ladies. here in Nashville today. It is above freezing though. We are in our last day here. Jack is going to go get a haircut he never got, then we’ll head out to Opry Mills for the day. This ia a huge outlet mall and they’ve added new stores since we’ve been here last.

They have a great breakfast buffet here so we have been eating here every morning. You get wait staff service too, which is unusual. Jack always gauges breakfast by sausage gravy and biscuits but for me it’s scrambled eggs. I hate watery scrambled eggs. The mall opens at noon as does the haircut place so we’ll head out after then.

CeeJay: The hair dryer is a great idea if you have access to a plug. Ours would be too far away. Glad you got it open. Be careful going to church today.

Jean: I forgot to get cards and now have to find them here so I can get them out tomorrow or Jackson won’t get his in time. Jay used to run cross country in high school and really enjoyed that. I can see track being boring. Going out from the hotel to get back on the interstate you have to go through one of those roundabouts. Those things will drive you nuts because everyone has a yield sign.

Have a great Sunday!
Old 02-10-2019, 05:59 PM   #21  

Good Afternoon! It’s another gloomy day in my neighborhood today. But it is warmer at 30 degrees! We got up to “no” weather but by the time we left for church it was seriously snowing; two and a half hours when we left it had quit. The piece we played would be a good one for Halloween. It is in a minor key and kind of weird, but people commented they liked it. The squirrels were peeking in the window looking for food when we got home. I shoveled off the deck,about an inch maybe, and put food out for them. I think they sit in the trees and watch because I barely get back inside and here they come. Bob has been working on the bathroom, he had to do a second coat of paint. I think it looks light blue and not even close to gray. It depends on which wall you look at. I’ve done another load of laundry and baked orange/cranberry muffins. The kitchen smells hmm-hmm good! Our neighbor lady, who is moving soon, had a car accident yesterday. She ran a stop sign but got hit from behind by another car. Her car is totaled says the tow truck driver. We invited her to go lunch with us this noon, and I will give her a ride to the senior center tomorrow. She was very, very lucky and not hurt, not even stiff ‘n sore today.

Ceejay, thank you for reminding me to change the furnace filter. It is on the other side of the bathroom wall and down a level. I’m sure it is grungy from tile dust. I hope your garage door stays unstuck. I hope your weather prediction doesn’t happen. The weatherman missed the 7” we were supposed to get last night. We are in a winter advisory again tonight so maybe we’ll get it tonight.

”Gma,” I’ve only been to two outlet malls and both overwhelmingly large. Of course what I was interested in were at opposite ends. Hope you find goodies you couldn’t live without. Bob likes biscuits and gravy too but I stick with things I don’t often make at home. I’m with you on watery eggs!

The dishwasher is doing its job and I am taking a break! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Last edited by Jean; 02-10-2019 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:10 PM   #22  

I woke up to rain this morning but that's okay. It is warmer today.
Yesterday I made it to church. I only went to services and not to class. I left here around 10 and drove slowly cause I didn't want to run upon any ice. I made it. I also watched the temperature gauge on the car. It was 36 when I left home and I drive north and the temperature dropped 2 degree's by the time I got to church. I ate lunch with sis and bil which was meatloaf. I came back home and had settled down in my recliner when all of a sudden my stomach cramped big time. I made it to the bathroom where I threw up. My stomach and lower abs are sore today but that's all I did. Kinda weird. Could of been nerves.
I was going to get out and do some errands but think I want to stay inside today.

Jean
Glad your neighbor is okay from her wreck. It's nice that you can help her out. The orange, cranberry muffin sounds good.
You can always darken the paint color.

Gma
Glad you are enjoying your week end. I love it when hotels have breakfast.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:48 PM   #23  

Good afternoon. We got home a couple hours ago, but had to drive the whole way in torrential rain. It was so bad we had to pull into the garage and wait until it slowed down to take the scooter off the lift. We got everything in the house, Jack went and got Arbys and we get the scooter off and stored. We are done for tonight as we are exhausted. We didn’t sleep well because the hotel bed was really soft and woke us up with backaches. Jack said we’d only avoid that taking our bed everywhere with us.

I bought the best smelling perfume. It is Coach and boy does it smell good. It is very floral and soft.

CeeJay: It could have been the meatloaf just didn’t sit well. I once went to breakfast with my son and dil, grandson and husband. I had pancakes and bacon with kirsch cherries. Everything was fine until we got back to their house. I got out of our car and threw up everything on their grass. I was fine then. So, who knows? Glad it didn’t last.

Jean: Oh no, glad your neighbor is ok, but that’s awful about her car. My darn car insurance went up $500 for 2019 and we haven’t ever filed on it. We did have to put an extra on it to cover the lift, but the gal said our homeowner policy covered the scooter. I almost bought this cute carnation pink handbag, but decided I was not spending $300 for it.

You gals have a nice evening. My hubby is sound asleep in his recliner so going to have to wake him soon so he’ll sleep tonight.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:15 PM   #24  

Good Afternoon! The weather is still trying to decide what to do. The predicted snow didn’t happen, at least not yet. We have had some mist off and on all day but not enough to freeze. The stupid powers to be did not see fit to plow the city side streets so it is a challenge to get anywhere because of the ruts. It is now starting to sleet little pebbles! Anyhow, church counting was a real challenge, and so frustrating this morning! The secretary puts her money bag in the locked, fireproof file where we used to put all of the money. In her bag is money and checks she has collected all week as well as the key to the sound booth door where the safe is located. No bag was to be found in the file, but there was a bag for the UMW ladies’ Valentine fund raiser. No key, no money to count. We looked everywhere for the bag and I finally sent her a text and she said she put it in the file drawer. Then she told us how to find the extra sound booth key but still her money bag was missing. There wasn’t much to count because the weather was crappy and people stayed home. Come to find out the lame brain minister gave the secretary’s money bag to the Valentine selling lady and left the Valentine money bag in the file . . . . . and she took it home with her! Of course she didn’t answer the phone this morning so I hope the bag found it’s way back to the church today. On my way home I picked up the gift shop money, got it counted, and back to the bank. Gave my neighbor lady a ride to the senior center for lunch, came home for a quick sandwich here, and started wiping off the grit on a few things on my side of the garage. Hindsight is always a lesson learned, we should have draped plastic sheets over shelves, etc.

Ceejay, I’m so sorry you got sick yesterday. I always know I will feel better afterwards but I hate throwing up! I don’t think I would want the paint any darker since the room is so small. If nothing else the bathroom is squeaky clean after Bob spent yesterday afternoon scrubbing everything. He used something to clean the wood which really makes it shine again. Unfortunately it stinks! He says it smells like linseed but I have no clue. I just know I don’t like the smell.

”Gma,” glad you are safely home again, and you enjoyed your time away. I asked my neighbor if she called any of her sons about her accident and she said, “no!” Two of them had had accidents and never told her until months later. She said she wasn’t a bit stiff nor sore today, hard to believe. You came home with fun things, did Jack get anything or just the bill?

It is now snowing pretty heavy. Bob is at church for practice and then is supposed to have a finance meeting. I’m thinking it is either soup or popcorn for supper! Enjoy your evening!
Old 02-12-2019, 10:25 AM   #25  

Good Morning! It’s another cloudy gloomy day in my neighborhood. The wind is blowing the 4+” of light snow around and starting to cover up what Bob blew and shoveled earlier. The plows did go by last night, surprise surprise. This is turning out to be a long winter! The fuzz balls need to grow longer legs to truck across the yard! All were here for breakfast and I know one came out of the “motel 6” when I turned the lights on. I am making a casserole for lunch and need to check with my neighbor if the senior center is open today. I need to run a couple errands but not sure if I want to fight the wind or wait for a nicer day. Not much else is newsy from the winter wonderland!

Have a terrific Tuesday and enjoy!
Old 02-13-2019, 08:58 AM   #26  

Good morning. It's 27 degree's with frost on the ground this morning. Saw a bunny rabbit in the back yard also. It's supposed to get up to 57 today. I'm ready for spring.
Made a couple of phone calls yesterday. One was to get my mammogram scheduled.which will be in March. And the other to the place where my retirement funds are located. My accountant wanted me to call them and tell them not to hold out any taxes since I only have social security for income. This will be some more in my pocket. I also made it back to the gym but the cardio wore me out. Do not
think I'm completely over this stuff.
Sis called last night and now she has the crud. She said she was going to get some prednisone this week.
Have a good day.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:51 AM   #27  

Good Morning! A -2 early this morning but NO wind for a nice change of pace. The sun has been playing peek-a-boo so it is not warming up very fast. After almost missing an anniversary and a birthday I filled in 2019 and 2020 dates to remember this morning. I usually try to do that in November but for some reason it didn’t happen this time. I have lunch bunch this noon, need to return a library book, and run a couple errands afterwards. I will also give my neighbor a ride to the senior center. She is impatiently waiting to hear from the insurance company which informed her there are no local adjusters. She has State Farm Insurance so I was surprised.

Ceejay, 57 degrees would feel heavenly after our low temperatures the last few days. I’ve heard this crud hangs on for a long time. I’m almost 100% sure mine is allergies. The doctor gave me a new prescription to try and I quit taking it because it made me sneeze and blow my nose more. Bob’s mom always said getting old is not for sissies, and I am beginning to believe it! I can tell when I do too much with my right arm, mainly ironing, because the dull ache comes back in my shoulder. More money in your pocket is a good thing! I hope your sister feels better soon.

I have a load of towels to fold and put away so better get that done. Then I need to trade my jeans for a pair of slacks and be on my way. Hope you enjoy a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 02-14-2019, 06:32 AM   #28  

Good morning. It stayed warm enough overnight we had the fans on. The heating vent is directly over my side of the bed so I am always hot. I freeze Jack out putting on the fan but I get so hot I can’t sleep. On top of that, someone has a dog that howls on and off and sounds like somebody is crying. So, I now have a headache from not sleeping well.

We have river flood warnings, but flood stage is 34. We are at 30, the plant is in danger at 35. We are expecting more rain though and anything coming from up north adds to it so we shall see. I sure hope not. Jack is too old to work 12 hour shifts.

Nobody has cleaned up the trash and garbage from down a couple doors. I am fed up with it, but impossible to get the manager on the phone. They did pick up the mattresses from next door yesterday though.

CeeJay: Take it easy. You don’t want to relapse. Hope your sister feels better soon.

Jean: Sounds like a lot of detective work for your church money. When we lived up north I always hated when they didn’t plow, it would melt then refreeze into huge ruts. Awful! I know you’re excited to have your bathroom almost done.

Everyone have a great day. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Old 02-14-2019, 01:47 PM   #29  

Good Morning! I am enjoying bright sunshine, a slight breeze, and 30 degrees this morning. It is supposed to turn colder again and snow later today. I was going to make birthday brownies and surprise Bob, but we ate the eggs the other night. So he is getting frozen chocolate chip cookies instead. I bake so rarely he will be surprised. I hand washed a sweater this morning and what a pain. It is a heavy knit weave and even heavier when wet. I wrapped it in a towel to soak up some of the water but am tempted to give it a spin in the washer. I have lots of things I could do today and am determined to stay home. I don’t need to give my neighbor a ride today as someone else volunteered.

“Gma,” hope your headache is gone and you’ve had a nap this afternoon. It seems strange to have flood warnings this time of year. Will think positive thoughts that doesn’t happen. They did plow side streets but on some they didn’t get the blades down far enough to get to the bare surface so some streets are still a mess. The police are supposed to ticket vehicles that are left parked on city streets when there is a warning out. That doesn’t happen either. There is a pickup across the street from our church that hasn’t been moved in months. It is lined up with the corner of the SOS store and has been plowed around every time. Now if it belonged to us it would have been towed on day one. The bathroom is done except for new towels and window blinds. I still think it looks light light blue and a friend agreed with me!

Bob wanted to eat at subway so I am off to pick him up at the office. Hope you enjoy a terrific Thursday!

Last edited by Jean; 02-14-2019 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:46 PM   #30  

Afternoon
We are under a winter weather advisory till Saturday. Freezing rain is supposed to start around 8 in the morning. I decided to take out the trash tonight.
I got a text that the Valentine's breakfast at church for Saturday has been postponed because of the weather. I was getting upset that they would have it and I couldn't go. Whew.
It's been another beautiful day in my neighborhood. 60 degree's

GMA
I can remember the flood warning's along the Mississippi River. I remember one day driving out to the river to check on things and got to the top of the levee and there was the river. I had to back down. One of my favorite times was setting by the river and watching the barges. You sound like my sis and bil with the sleep and hot air. She likes it cold and he likes it warm.
Jean
I haven't baked in a while either. I know you DH will enjoy what ever.