Old 01-08-2019, 12:39 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

"GMA"
I agree that cutting your carbs to low is not a good thing to do. That's why I will not drop my carbs down to say 20 per day. My body does well with a 104 to a 120+carbs per day at 40 per meal. If I go below this it feels as if my blood sugar gets to low. I'm not diabetic nor have low blood sugar. And I have also found out through trial and error that I need a 5 hour time limit between meals. My body just does better this way. I need a good nutritional diet instead of the easy grab and go type thing, mainly fast food. I'm not trying to sound spiteful but the 50%, 25%, 25% is what I had my macro's set at at my fitness pal. Enjoy your new bread machine. I love a house that smells of bread. I've been curious about the instant pot. How do you like it?

Jean
I have a load of laundry going. When it get's done I'm going to the gym. I'm not walking for 45 minutes today, Maybe 30 if my foot feels like it. Did you get the money counted and balanced?

Not much going on. The sun is shining but supposed to be turning colder.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:02 PM   #17  

The Good afternoon! We have sunshine and very strong 35-40 mph winds today! It is not nice outside! We are supposed to have 50 mph gusts later this afternoon. The lake has opened up and there is a heave forming along one side. Over the weekend a book smart, common sense DUMB lawyer drove his side-by-side across the lake to a friend’s house to watch a football game. Around midnight he headed home and hit open water. He managed to pull himself out but was totally wet and so cold he had no strength to crawl to shore. His wife woke up hours later and called 911 when she realized he wasn’t home yet. Rescuers found him and he was flown to a larger hospital. His fingers and toes are blistered but there is hope to save them. He is very lucky; everyone should know enough not to be on the lake alone after dark. I had planned to stay home today but knew when Bob asked if I was going anywhere that he needed something from WM. They have started their remodeling and it seems like they are rearranging everything, moving entire aisles of shelving. I can’t find things there on a good day but did manage to find the 3 ring binder Bob wanted and orphan cat food. I’ve done another load of laundry and cleaned out a cupboard looking for a picture I thought I had put in there for safe keeping. I didn’t find the picture but the cupboard is organized and dust free!

“Gma,” there is a local gal who is big on the Keto diet and posts a lot on FB. I had never heard of it before her. Lady, you do have a lot of appliances! I bought the Pampered Chef chopper when Beth was selling it, and always thought it took more time to clean the thing than to just chop the ingredients to begin with. It went bye bye to the SOS store. I hope Jack realizes how lucky he is that you like to cook.

I had saved my posting entries at church yesterday but didn’t know how to find them. I sent the gal, who was supposed to help me count, an email asking her to tell me where to find them so I wouldn’t have to retype tomorrow. She informed she and the secretary balanced the money today and it is in the bank. I feel like telling them to carry on from here and have at it! I’m sure my regular gal will be relieved not to have to do it tomorrow. Me too, I guess.

Ceejay, our son’s mother-in-Iaw is diabetic and has been for years. When we travel together she always has candy of some sort with her. I know she watches carbs and has been known to order a hamburger then either eat half the bun, all of it, or none of it. I’ve never asked her if she counts or how many servings she eats in a day. I know some days I eat way too many as they are my favorites! I didn’t work on it today, but the money is counted and in the bank. Knowing the mess yesterday I’m guessing some of the money isn’t in the right account but I can honestly say, “I didn’t do it!” on the gym visit!

I am off to clean out another cupboard on the chance the missing picture might be there. Hope you all are enjoying a terrific Tuesday, keeping toasty warm!

Last edited by Jean; 01-08-2019 at 05:07 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:51 PM   #18  

Good Evening! We had sunshine, less wind than yesterday, but colder temperatures today. It feels like 0 this evening according to the weatherman. I sorted through the past years worth of gift shop daily and weekly reports this morning and started a paper recycle bag for next week. I had lunch bunch today so picked up my broken shoulder friend so she could go. She doesn’t have to wear her brace any more unless she is going to be around a lot of people where she might bumped. She goes back to the doctor next week so is hoping to start therapy and be able to drive herself. My laptop won’t let me into my email and I know I wrote the so-called password on a sticky note. I spent too much time looking for it when I got home! Never did find it so guess I start over tomorrow. I went to bell choir practice and usually we go out to eat afterwards. But neither of us were hungry so came home and saved our money.

I woke up around 4 this morning and couldn’t go back to sleep. I’m having a hard time staying awake. So I think bed is going to feel pretty good tonight. Hope you all have had a wonderful Wednesday!

Last edited by Jean; 01-09-2019 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:32 AM   #19  

Dr's appointment yesterday was okay. It was mainly a Medicare assessment type thing. I have to fill out a form for power of attorney etc. I'm at that age. Also got a pneumonia shot. My arm is sore today.
He also wrote an excuse for me not to have to go to jury duty next week. The main thing that was bothering me is the weather that may occur and the night driving but I told him my lower back. Told my nephew who stopped by yesterday afternoon that if I were summoned again in the Spring or Summer I will go.
Went to potluck last night at church.Theme was Mexican. Such good food and of course I was miserable last night and took me awhile for the heaviness to settle down. I rode with a couple of friends who live in Springfield since I don't drive at night unless I just have to. She bought a 2015 Mercedes this week which looked brand new on the inside and outside.
The sun is shining. That's a plus for me.

Jean
Did you find your picture? I keep my passwords in a notebook. I know that probably isn't a good thing but I simply cannot remember them. How nice to take your friend out to lunch!
Oh my about the person who drove across the frozen lake. That's a big no no for me. To many horror stories.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:48 PM   #20  

Good Afternoon! We have sunshine again today but it is cold with a strong breeze blowing outside. This morning I cleaned out a file where I keep credit card receipts and odd papers I don’t know what to do with. Bob has an appointment with the accountant in February so I like to have all my donations, etc., ready for him. Matching Medicare papers with insurance EOBs is a challenge. After lunch I debated about a pedicure but needed one badly so I went. I warned the gal about my toe and the lady sitting next to me was impressed with the color. I told her she should have seen it a few days ago. The color has spread half way across my foot but is quite faded. I stopped by the grocery store for lettuce and bananas; $35 later I’m home again!

Ceejay, you having a pneumonia shot reminds me I need to check with Walgreens as I am supposedly on a list for the new shingles shot and they’ve never called me. Both my mom and stepmom had them and I sure don’t want to go through that. A “good” potluck sounds fun! By good I mean food that people have made, not carry out. Our church doesn’t have very good luck with them in the last few years. We used to have them all the time when our kids were home. I did find my picture! It was in the second drawer I cleaned out. I should put my pictures in albums. Our kids have all of theirs on computers so it’s impossible to just browse through them and enjoy. I had Jason’s in the magnetic albums that “they” decided were bad for photos so they are in a shoe box. There are lots of him because we lived in Ohio when he was born and grandparents were all in Iowa. I use one password for everything and have never had a problem until now.

I have some undies in the dryer to fold so guess that is next. Enjoy the rest of a terrific Thursday!

Last edited by Jean; 01-10-2019 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:57 AM   #21  

Good early morning. I woke up with my knee aching and I had a kind of nightmare so just got up and came downstairs. Took awhile to get down the stairs because the knee was uncooperative, but finally got down here. My darn husband told me last night that the ship we are going on came back early this week because of Norovirus on board. I had a dream about it.

I never have gotten out to get my nails done so they’ll wait until next week. They’ll be too busy now until Monday. I think I’m going to get dusting done today. I got laundry done yesterday, put it in my new rolling carrier and it worked fine. I just thought I needed a backup if Jack was unable to carry it in the basket up and down for some reason. I can pull it up behind me and hold onto the rail with the other hand.

CeeJay: I get irked when people tell you what is best for your body. I read a guy the riot act on FB the other day. He was on a diabetic FB page talking about how much he knew about this health thing and that and diabetes. I told him he was full of himself and reckless. He was trying to sell people on some program and supplements or something. I told him any diabetic who listens to anyone but their physician or endocrinologist is a fool. No one should be telling you what’s good for you or your body unless their your health advocate. Let’s just say I unfriended someone on FB when they tried to tell me I should be on Keto. You sound like you know what you need and your body responds to.

Jean: The pharmacist at my doctor’s wants me to get the new shingles shot too, but she said they are having problems keeping it in stock or having enough anywhere. For some reason the doctor’s office can’t give you that or a tetanus shot. That’s what she told me anyway. I am caught up on everything else. Jack dropped a plastic soda bottle on his foot a few days ago and all around his big toe area is still purple. I have a folder in my email for passwords. I named it something weird so at a glance you’d not know. It has Jack’s stuff too because he forgets and his city pay stuff and his Navy pay stuff have to be changed every so often. The Navy one is a doozy to change because you can’t use previous passwords, it can’t have more than two letters the same, has to be 10 letters with a combo of letters, numbers, upper and lower case, and special characters.

Well, I hear Jack is up.
Everybody have a good weekend. We have shopping weekend, but since we went last week don’t know how much we’ll need to do.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:53 AM   #22  

"GMA"
I try to follow the doctor's advice. I have 2 things I'm working on at the present, raising my good cholesterol, HDL, and keeping my B12 level at a decent range. I have my LDL where it needs to be but I can't seem to get my HDL level up. Part of that I think is hereditary because my mom had the same problem. That's why I try to keep exercising. I can truly understand about the knee. My left knee is giving problems. What a great idea with the rolling carrier to haul the laundry up and down the stairs!

Old 01-11-2019, 03:00 PM   #23  

Good Afternoon! It’s a cloudy cold day in my neighborhood but at least the wind isn’t blowing. I have done absolutely nothing this morning except get dressed. I tossed ‘n turned most of the night and finally came downstairs to finish the night in the recliner. My nose plugs up and I breathe through my mouth which makes it dry and I wake up. This morning I have the chills, turned the furnace up, then snuggled with a blanket and fell asleep. Not very productive but I do feel better.

“Gma,” I heard about the people getting sick on the ship but didn’t realize it was “your” ship. How awful for everyone! When Bob came home for lunch I had him see if he could get my laptop to open email. He got the same run around I do, and got just as frustrated as I do; jump through the hoops and it goes back to square one to start all over again. Your laundry carrier sounds pretty handy for you. We got our tetanus and flu shots at Walgreens too. I wonder if that applies to everyone or just Medicare patients. Bob has different passwords for different parts of his business and has to change them regularly, not using the same one in a certain length of time. I would be in big trouble!

Ceejay, the number that I have trouble with is triglycerides. My sweet tooth gets me in trouble every time. I admire your dedication to exercise. My stepsister put in “high rise” toilets when they remodeled their new house. She said it is amazing what a difference they make for her knees. It sounds like you are to get the same weather we are. Bob thought it was going to be more in the southern part of the state rather than our area. Ok with me! I’m glad you have been excused from jury duty. Someone told me that one doesn’t qualify after 70, but I know of several who have been called and they are older than I am.

We are supposed to get freezing drizzle later today and possibly tomorrow. Ian has a game tomorrow so we may or may not go depending on the weather. Hope you all are enjoying a nice day!
Old 01-12-2019, 11:28 AM   #24  

Morning
It's cold, wet and dreary this morning. We had rain instead of snow or ice in which I'm thankful.
Made a pot of vegetable beef soup last night. Did a rough calculation of the calories in a cup of it by adding the calories of each can of vegetables and the pound of meat. Roughly came out to a 170 calories for each cup. The soup itself had 12 cups. I divided it into 2 cup plastic serving containers. I've been eating a chef salad for lunch.
Need to get started on my laundry. and balance my check book. I do most of it on line but I like to make sure of how much I have.
Have a good week end.

Jean
Hope you get the email corrected.

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-12-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:39 PM   #25  

Good Afternoon! It’s been an extra gloomy day today although not especially cold. The weatherman said we have very low cloud cover today. It seemed foggy in the distance but as we drove through it was clear, just kind of weird. We left for Ian’s game mid morning, the game was at 1. He played well the first half, and the final score was a win of over 30+ points. The coach played the kids who usually never play the second half. You could tell they need more practice but I was glad for them. Another five hour drive for a one hour game, but we were glad we could go. He usually has two games a week and we make it to one. Next Friday he and Zowie are playing in the pep band for the varsity games so we will stay to hear them. I have one load of laundry done and another one should be ready for the dryer. Tomorrow I play bells so will have an early morning. At least it is one short easy piece this time.

Ceejay, when I talked to my stepmom this morning she said it was snowing hard there. She lives about an hour east of us. The weatherman, last night, said freezing rain turning to snow for an hour plus south of us, but we didn’t get anything. At least not so far. Did you use beef broth for the liquid in your soup? I just read a recipe on FB and it said to use the juice in the cans of vegetables. Are you brave and just use whatever you have on hand or do you use a recipe? Banking online makes me very nervous, must be my age. I always doublecheck the checkbook every few days. We do several bills with automatic pay from the bank. I know we could do credit card bills that way but I like to be sure I bought what I am being charged for. Bob was no help with my email mess. So I will head to the Verizon store because that’s where I originally set up the google and gmail accounts on my phone and iPad. If they can’t help me will head to the computer store with my laptop and see if they can fix it. Makes me

Time to head to the laundry room and finish that load of laundry. Hope you are enjoying a nice weekend!

Last edited by Jean; 01-12-2019 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:41 PM   #26  

Jean
I call my soup the dump soup. I use can's of vegetable, pinto beans, green beans, green peas, whole kernel corn, diced carrots, diced tomatoes,and a pound of 96% ground beef. I used a can of pumpkin and 2 11.5 cans of tomato juice for my "broth". Yes, I used the liquid from the cans. I add just a bit of salt, pepper and onion powder to taste. I usually let it simmer for about 1 hour to let it get good and hot.
GMA
I need to check into the shingles shot. I've had a small case of the them twice. Going to call my insurance company tomorrow to find out if they will pay for at least part of it.
--------------------------------------
I haven't been out of the house today. For some reason I'm in a depressed state of mind. Think it's the dark and dreary clouds. I looked out and didn't see any snow until I went to the back of the house to open the blinds. It was on the roofs of the houses behind me. The deck had snow on it too. But no where else. That's okay. I called sis and told her I wasn't coming today. To me any thing below thirty degree's is to cold for this 68 year old to be out driving by herself for 30 miles one way.
While checking my bank statement yesterday I found a 500+ charge on it that I didn't make. I called and they told me that they didn't accept charges that high if it was made from the internet. Whew.
Need to get some clothes out of dryer. Going to have to go to the store tomorrow to get laundry detergent and fabric sheets

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-13-2019 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:20 PM   #27  

Good Evening! It’s been a gloomy cold day in my neighborhood today. Bob is at church for the duration; he had practice at 4:30, a finance committee meeting at 5:15, and another meeting at 7 for endowment of which he is chairman. I asked him if he wanted to take a pb and j sandwich with him. Counting at church went so smoooooth this morning. I was a happy camper! Then I stopped by the bank to deposit gift shop money and headed to the Verizon store about my email problem. She told me to go to my internet provider. As I was driving to the hospital to deliver a check, I was thinking about that and decided to go to the computer store where I have gone twice before. I don’t know if he remembered me or not, but he said to just create a new email and/or password. That makes me very, very nervous because I have way too many contacts; so to change them all would be a major headache. I am still thinking about what to do. This afternoon I priced greeting cards for the gift shop and put them in the display rack. When I got home again I folded a load of towels in the dryer and need to put them away.

Ceejay, I just had to at the name of your soup! It sounds good to me. From what others have told me the pharmacies get a limited supply of shingles shots and a person almost has to be there when they are unloaded from the truck in order to get one. I haven’t asked again because of my ongoing allergies. It sounds like we are all going to get a change in the weather towards the weekend. We had planned on Ian’s game Friday night then staying for the varsity game to hear Zowie and him play in the pep band. Maybe we will have to stay overnight or else not go at all if the weather changes earlier. The gloomy days, on end, are depressing. Did did you get a new credit card to replace the $500 one? That is scary! Hope you feel better today.

Now I am going to spend the rest of the evening in front of the tv! Hope you enjoy a nice evening and a terrific Tuesday tomorrow!
Old 01-15-2019, 09:53 AM   #28  

Cold and overcast today. We are supposed to get heavy rain by the weekend. North is gonna get heavy snow from what I understand.

Do either of you know about this federal regulation where you have to get a star on your driver’s license before Oct. 2020 to fly or go onto a military base or into a federal building?? I renewed my license I think last year and they never mentioned it. We can renew online but have to go in to get the star on the license. I dread going in as our dmvs are nightmares.

We got one of those Omaha Steak gift boxes for Christmas from my sister. You know the one that have the chicken breast, pork chops, steaks, burgers, and apple tarts? Well, the portions are itty bitty. I had Jack take the pork chops out because I was going to make smothered pork chops with rice tonight. They are very small. I haven’t used any of the other stuff yet, but if they are as small as the pork chops, they are ripping people off.

I ordered this skin repair stuff a friend of mine swears by. I get chaffed underneath my breasts and am hoping this might help. It’s called green goo so who knows. I got their first aid stuff too to take on our cruise next year. It’s supposed to be good for bug bites and sunburn and things like that.

CeeJay: I guess I have been blessed with good genes. I have great cholesteral levels, tryglycerides, etc. My husband has trouble with his hdl too. It is supposed to be 38 or above I think and his is a couple numbers below that. They say exercise improves that so maybe it will help yours. I remember this diet fad that went around in the 90’s. You ate soup like yours all the time (except no meat in it.) Several people I worked with were doing it. I kept telling them they needed to add some protein and carbs, but when they’d get runny stools from it, they quit it. It wasn’t the soup, which is great way to get veggies, it was eating only that. People and their diets. lol

Jean: Exactly what problem are you having with your email? Jack was having trouble with his weather app last night. Every time he tried to open it, it would shut down. If my knee gets any worse we may have to put side bar on the wall to help me. Sometimes it is very difficult to get off the toilet if it is a bad knee day. Glad Ian is doing so well. Thomas didn’t want to play in marching band so he quit the band altogether when he was a jr. The school he was at made them do marching band I guess.

Everyone have a good day today and stay warm.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:31 PM   #29  

Good Afternoon! It’s another cloudy cold day in my corner of the world. The kind of cold that goes right through your coat. It was foggy enough this morning that area and local schools had a two hour late start with a “glaze” on the roads warning. I’ve never heard that before. I met with my favorite doctor this morning and a good thing I went since he and his nurse, plus spouses, are leaving for Hawaii tomorrow! Anyhow, he says I have sinusitis; I’m not sure what the difference between that and allergies might be. Anyhow, have meds for ten days and another one to try after the meds are done. If they don’t work, then he recommends an ear, nose, and throat specialist. The doctor had a row of pine trees on the edge of his property with Christmas lights on them this year. I commented how nice they looked and he said their electric bill was over $500 for the month! Yikes! Their house roof was outlined in lights as well as yard decorations. This afternoon I ran some errands to avoid the end of the week rush.

“Gma,” it is true about having the star on your driver’s license. I guess it means you are certified an upstanding citizen. I would assume a military base qualifies as federal as would any court house, etc. I was told you breeze right through at airports, which I have done the last few times without the star. Bob always has to do the inspection. I email issue is that I can get it on my iPad and iPhone but all of a sudden my laptop wants either my email or phone number plus a password to get email. I have tried every password I have ever used and none work. I print from my laptop. In jumping through their hoops, one of their DUMB questions is when did I get the google account. Like I would have a clue! They always say, “try another way” which is an alternate email and I don’t have one. My next try is to create a new email account. The tech guy told me he has several email accounts but I forgot to ask if they were all with gmail or whatever he uses. Makes me When Ian was in 8th grade he was the drum major and Jason thought it was because he was so tall that everyone could see him. He was going to try out this year but the two seniors had been in the position the year before so he thought he wouldn’t have a chance. Do you have the high rise toilets? Our one toilet doesn’t flush right unless you hold the handle down a little longer. I’ve been teasing for a high rise and Bob says “call the plumber!”

The tv weathermen are predicting a major storm moving into the area on Friday. Being so far in advance I hope they are wrong! Enjoy a nice evening and have a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow!
Old 01-16-2019, 01:05 PM   #30  

Good Morning! It’s been bright sunshine and cloudy both this morning also getting colder by the minute. I made a WM run this morning for something I can only get there. They have been out of it for at least a month. There is no rhyme nor reason as to how they are reorganizing the grocery end of the store. Cleaning supplies are first thing after the freezers, coffee and tea is now in same aisle as candy, bread, packaged cupcakes, and treats are towards the back, chips and snacks are in a center aisle away from the rest of the food items. I’d bet some man set all that up! My next stops were the grocery store and Hallmark shop. A couple who lived near us are now in the care center and celebrating their 75th anniversary. I refuse to spend $5-7 on an anniversary card so I bought a blank one and will write my own message. I really like Hallmark but noticed they are also stocking Day Spring brand cards. Some of their cards lean towards religion which I try to stay away from unless I know it would be appropriate. I am now home until bell practice later!

I have dinner in the oven, baked potatoes, and in a few minutes chicken. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

Last edited by Jean; 01-16-2019 at 01:06 PM.