3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Fat To Thin, I Will Win! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/316570-fat-thin-i-will-win.html)

Follena 01-17-2019 03:42 PM

Corinna: Way to go on avoiding cookies at work. Oh I know re: sagging. I felt like the Big Friendly Giant the other day at work, lumbering around. We are far too critical of ourselves ... we are really just so darn beautiful, right?!
Renee: Oops, I missed you guys posting your weight. I'll remember this Saturday. How did you fare in the storms? I too would like to know what you got on your shopping spree :D :)

Meals: 2 fried eggs and 5 slices bacon, cream in my coffee, lunch was 80 grams peanuts, and supper is fish with veggies.

Exercise: Day 6 of 30 Days of Yoga with Adriene. Working on core and tummy today.

Positive: I had fun with my two favorite gals in the office today. One of them always invites me to a cafeteria for once/month liver lunch. It's hard to find people who like liver, who knew! But today she broke the news liver lunch might be canceled so I said we should go to Fresh Carnival instead. Which is incredibly sinful. I won't even tell you what food this place has.

Negative: my boss made me feel so much better today. He told me one of our team members is leaving to another department and he's giving her workload to 2 other team mates. I thanked him for letting me dodge a bullet. Only negative thing today is working hard to stop myself from ideating about Fresh Carnival ...

Once a week weigh-in: Saturday January 12th I weighed 177 pounds

Renee3 01-17-2019 07:19 PM

Breakfast: oatmeal with blueberries
Lunch: ham & cheese sandwich
Snack: banana
Dinner: sliced fruit, flounder, mixed vegetables

Exercise: 2 hrs. barn work

Positive: went grocery shopping and didn't buy any junk food
Negative: just waiting for the storms. The first one tonight is only a couple inches of snow. The second one is coming Saturday and it's going to be bad. We're going to get snow, then rain, then a polar vortex with a flash freeze.

I bought myself some new gloves called "Heat Holders" , a tablecloth, a sweatshirt and a pillow. I had a gift certificate and coupons so I hardly spent anything.

Corinna T 01-18-2019 02:30 AM

Breakfast: Banana, protein bar
Dinner: Lentils and Broccoli soup
Supper: Mock Chik patty, spinach, celery, hummus, multi-grain chips
Snack: Nutrition drink
Exercise: 2 hour walk

Positive: Jesus is my friend. I went walking and talking with him yesterday in the countryside. Saw 3 deer gazing at me from the forest. Precious.
Negative: Need to accept the fact that I am getting old. Who is that woman in the mirror anyway, and what did she do with my body!!

Renee-just what you wanted, some heated gloves. That's great. Hope they work out good for you.
Follena-Well, that is some good news that is work related. I bet that made your day.

Best wishes to you both on a Friday. Remember tomorrow is weigh-in. Good luck! :goodluck:

Follena 01-18-2019 10:18 AM

Corinna: Your post was so beautiful. I love Jesus also and walking in nature, chatting with Him and seeing 3 deer in the forest is about as close as we can get to God's beauty ... oh my. My sister and I also marvel at how we are aging despite still feeling young inside. Sometimes our reflection in a window shop will take us by surprise because we don't feel the way we are starting to look. Our society has sadly forgotten the beauty of the elderly. But those who love Jesus and delight in all of God's creation haven't forgotten :hug: p.s. your food looks spot on!
Renee: I could really use a pair of those gloves! YAY to not buying junk food. That is a Non-Scale Victory (NSV) if ever there was one. ;)

Meals: 2 fried eggs and 5 slices bacon, cream in my coffee, lunch is a Cobb salad with tofu but no corn, and supper is fish with salsa.

Exercise: Day 7 of 30 Days of Yoga with Adriene. Working on full body today. I am really liking it. My cat is so darn cute when I do yoga on my mat in the living room. She poses too! And looks up at me as if to say is this right? My little darling.

Positive: Real Time with Bill Maher starts up again tonight, one of my favorite shows. And it's Friday so I will have a lovely weekend, taking my disabled niece out for lunch on Saturday and then meeting a friend for supper on Sunday.

Negative: I work in an open office setting ... which means cubicles, low walls, no carpet and ... a whole lot of noise. Not a professional environment. All behind me once I retire. Then I will be walking in the forest, hearing His voice whisper in the breeze. ;)

Once a week weigh-in: Saturday January 12th I weighed 177 pounds
Looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow morning!!

Renee3 01-18-2019 07:32 PM

Lunch: chicken soup, crackers
Snack: banana, grapes
Dinner: sliced cucumber, chicken, mixed vegetables

Positive: had a pleasant day.
Negative: we're under a state of emergency with the storm coming tomorrow

Good luck with our weigh-ins tomorrow!

Corinna T 01-19-2019 02:48 AM

Breakfast: 2 eggs, spinach, red pepper
Dinner: Chinese Noodles
Supper: Nutrition Drink
Snack: Celery, Hummus, mixed nuts
Exercise: 1 hour walk in the light snowfall, gorgeous

Positive: I received 3 new recipes to try this weekend. I am excited about making them.

Negative: Still trying to find others to join my weight loss team at work. I have one prospect who will let me know next week. Still need one more too. Maybe the other gal has found someone.

Renee-I hope you don't get too much snow. I can just imagine the panic in the area on the roads and at the stores. It gets hectic and dangerous in the rush. Be careful. :hug: How did your hay sales do this year? Do you have plenty for your babies too (horses and deer)?

Follena-Thanks for the compliments. I am looking forward to retirement too. This would have been my year, but I decided to work just a few more years. So I am committed for another 3 years, and then that's it. You're doing good sticking to your yoga. :cheer2: I can just imagine your cat watching you and walking around you while you exercise. So sweet!

Weigh-in: :goodscale: says I am down 1.5lb this week. Yippee! Not as much as I hoped for, but still Yippee! :carrot:
Hope you both have some success too. :)

Saturday Weigh-in Results
(Starting 1 Jan 2019):
01/05/2019 -6.5lbs
01/12/2019 -1.5lbs
01/19/2019 -1.5lbs

:carrot: Total = -9.5 lbs Think Thin To Win! :carrot:

Follena 01-19-2019 10:02 AM

Corinna: Congrats on 1.5 pounds lost. That’s really good!
Renee: Wishing you an excellent weigh in today!!

Meals: It’s only 9:00 am and right now I’m having coffee. My son and I will likely have something at the mall when we take my disabled niece out. Then supper is 2 cabbage rolls and a chicken breast.

Exercise: Day 8 of 30 Days of Yoga with Adriene. Last night yoga had one pose I can’t do. I just did cat cow pose. It was a very hard session and I felt it in my gut muscles this morning. Today’s session is all stretching so I will love that.

Positive: I feel rewarded by the weigh-in this morning and will love time with my niece & son today.

Negative: I fell on the ice yesterday while crossing the street. My left knee is a bit sore but I’m not letting that stop yoga. My boots are fashion but zero grip. So they’re going to the basement and I’m pulling out the ‘big boys’

Once a week weigh-in: Saturday January 19th I weighed 175.2 pounds. Quite happy with that. Some days were challenging so I’m cherishing this progress.

Renee3 01-19-2019 07:26 PM

Lunch: fish sandwich
Dinner: pizza

Exercise:
2 hrs. barn work

Positive: kept my portions small
Negative: I'm really disappointed with my weigh-in. I gained a pound :yikes: I was so sure I lost this week. I watched my portions and ate healthy....really feeling bummed!

Corinna T 01-20-2019 02:30 AM

Breakfast: 2 Waffles and 2 veggie links
Dinner: Celery & Hummus
Supper: Veggie Pizza
Snack: Pretzels
Exercise: 3 sets of pushups at work. 30 minute walk

Positive: I love warm mugs of hot water to keep my hands warm and my body feeling toasty on the inside. Plus it keeps me hydrated and is calorie free. What a treat. :coffee:

Negative: I noticed my posture is starting to slouch more when sitting. I need to work on that.

Oh Renee, you did really well with your meal choices and portions this week. You deserve a big congratulations for that. I am surprised you didn't lose something too. Don't give up hope yet. I bet your body is just in the transformation process right now. You probably just shaped up a few of those muscles giving yourself a more shapely figure for your husband to see. Watch out! He may become more attentive. (Got you to smile, didn't I) :D

Follena-you efforts paid off this week! Good job!! :cp:Those gut muscles are tightning up. Sorry to learn about your fall. I hope you won't be sore today. Keep those big boot handy. They really are life savers even if they are not fashionable.:jig:

Follena 01-20-2019 12:24 PM

Renee: ugh, I know exactly how you feel. You’re doing everything right and your food and exercise are really good. Could be muscle, or just the body being stubborn. Or you might be losing inches. Keep at it, you have to see results with your clean eating regime.
Corinna: I drink hot water too. It’s an amazing detox and gentle on tummies. You talk of posture. Since starting yoga I’ve noticed myself slouching also. Trying to remember to put shoulders down and back and upper body back.

Meals: kind of feel lazy today so I had 5 Atkin’s bars and then a normal supper of chicken wings.

Exercise: Day 9 of 30 Days of Yoga with Adriene. It looks like a hard session so I seem to be putting it off to later lol. Get my laundry done first.

Positive: a lazy relaxing day of food prep, laundry, and tv. We had a snow storm last couple days so I’m happy to bunker inside.

Negative: Nothing really .. just grateful for the visits with my sons last week and knowing they’re well.

Once a week weigh-in: Saturday Jan12 177 and January 19th 175.2 pounds.

Renee3 01-20-2019 07:23 PM

breakfast: oatmeal with blueberries
Lunch: chicken soup, hardboiled egg
dinner: sliced fruit, turkey, mixed vegetables

Exercise: 2 hrs. barn work, 1/2 hour shoveling snow

Positive: got some extra exercise with the snow and ice storm. So glad I have ice grips for my boots.
Negative: had lots of trees and branches come down with the weight of the ice

Hope everyone has an awesome Monday!

Corinna T 01-21-2019 01:03 AM

Breakfast: Granola
Dinner: Moroccan Tagine (Cauliflower, eggplant, tomato, chickpeas, apricot, coriander, spices, almond slices)
Supper: Veggie Pizza
Snack: Multi-grain chips
Exercise: 2.5 hour walk

Positive: My stomach is shrinking, so I am eating less food. Yeah!

Negative: Tried another recipe yesterday, and I didn't care for it too much. Probably too much cauliflower. Ate too many multi-grain chips as a snack later in the day.

Renee- Stay safe in that winter weather. Watch out for falling branches.
Follena- Sundays are good for relaxing and taking it easy. Got to have one day a week for that.

If it is not too cold today, I hope to convince my husband to drive to a pretty little village with woodland walking trails nearby. I think it would be fun to walk in the village and woods. Will have to wait to see what the weather is like and how he feels. It will be around freezing, but as long as the wind is not blowing, it shouldn't be too bad.

Have a great Monday!

Follena 01-21-2019 10:12 AM

Renee: I’m pretty snowed in also .. par for the course January and February.
Corinna: YaY for shrinking stomachs. Hope you made it for your village/forest walk. That sounds nice.

Meals: SKYR yogurt, cream in my coffee, chicken breast stuffed with spinach & feta, kale/cabbage salad with sunflower seeds & poppyseed dressing.

Exercise: Day 10 of 30 Days of Yoga with Adriene. Only a 10 minute session today. Thank goodness. My body feels slightly beat up from yoga and from falling on the ice and generally being old lol.

Positive: I canceled work today. I want to ice/elevate my leg one more day. Also, I just needed another day of rest. I wasn’t going to cancel. In fact, I had all my food prep for the week done. I just felt it in my body. Need more quiet and rest!

Negative: I honestly can’t think of anything except the desire to work from home. My work place is getting close to this thinking but ... not quite there yet. Likely happen after I retire in 18 months.

Once a week weigh-in: Saturday Jan12 177 and January 19th 175.2 pounds.

Renee3 01-21-2019 07:36 PM

Lunch: chicken soup, crackers
Dinner: salad, steak, mac & cheese

Positive: watched my portions
Negative: the weather was brutal. It was -1.5 with the wind howling at 25 miles an hour when i went out to the barn this morning. Can't wait till Spring!

Corinna T 01-22-2019 02:16 AM

Breakfast: Granola
Dinner: Eggs and spinach
Supper: Tofu, Swiss chard, carrots, guacamole, with spices
Exercise: 2.5 hour walk

Positive: Still trying to stay active even though it is cold outside.

Negative: Still no success in getting the hubby to join me in exercising on a regular basis. I walked by myself today near home.

Renee- :yikes: Wow, that is cold and windy there. I got the chills just thinking about it. :brr: How are your new gloves working out? Do they keep your hands warm while you are doing morning chores?

Follena- Hope you had a good day resting that leg and that you are feeling better. :eating2: Kale/cabbage salad with sunflower seeds & poppyseed dressing sounds yummy.

Have a nice Tuesday ! :belly: Think Thin to Win!!