Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 03:06 AM   #1  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

Talking Shaping For The Future

Time to get back on track by eating healthy, exercising, and thinking positively to influence the desired changes we desire in our bodies. Working on this together we can provide the support we need when we are feeling down, slacking off, and tackling blocks in our progress. In addition, we can share experiences, and cheer each other on when we have success. It's time to get started...
Old 09-11-2018, 06:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Here I am...ready to start again!
Old 09-12-2018, 03:05 AM   #3  
Focus & Determination

Yippee! Glad to have you here again.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:20 AM   #4  
Focus & Determination

Happy Saturday!

I started it by cleaning the oven, now going on 3 days. But now I have decided to finally call it quits. If I can just get my husband to do the same. He is using the power sander with wire brushes to clean the racks. I tried to get him to stop 3 times now and he still says I am almost done. During the last 2 days working on it, I was the one who kept saying I am almost done. Well it is not perfect now, but I have spent too much of my life on it. This 3rd time I used oven cleaner and it helped, but there are still spots that are hard to access, so that's it for me. Now just need a good hot burn in it, and then I think we will be ready to go.

So my goal is to lose these 30 lbs. I can definitely feel the weight sagging on my body. So I am shooting for 1-2 lbs a week. I think that is reasonable. I know it will come off easier at first, and then get harder as I get closer to my goal.

Maybe I will go for a walk today (rain/sun) and just do something different.

Time to get started....till later.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:53 AM   #5  

You have really been tackling that oven!
Finally we are going to get a few days of sunshine, then hurricane Florence is going to drop 2-3 inches of rain on Monday.

I actually lost a few pounds, but I have this old lady belly fat that won't budge......

Last edited by Renee3; 09-15-2018 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:45 AM   #6  
Focus & Determination

This is the house of endless spiders and flies. The flies just love to linger under the window, and when I open them about 20 fly away. It seems they have been growing from the base of the windows. All different size spiders keep showing up everywhere. With enough use I expect they will all move away. I hope so.

Spent yesterday just cleaning house. Today will go to a flea market and hope to take a long walk too. Need to find a church to attend. Have to do some more research on it.

Hope Florence dwindles down by the time she reaches your area. Congratulations on losing those pounds. Have a great Sunday!

Last edited by Corinna T; 09-16-2018 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:14 PM   #7  
Focus & Determination

Did some stretches this morning, and spent time on my elliptical. Tried to get the hubby to join in, but no luck there. Was going to to go for a walk, but then the landlord was going to stop by, so wanted to make sure I met up with him. He was very nice and helped us figure out the heating system. I hope to have heat and hot water in the bathroom tomorrow when I wake up. I'm so happy that he stopped by when he did too, because we showed him one of the drainage areas that is starting to plug up and found out it is our septic system. So he will be back tomorrow to help get that drained. Yippee! It is much more pleasant to work with him than his rental manager.

Back to work tomorrow. It is only a 4 mile drive. Now I don't spend hours on the road. That's a relief.

The exercise part was easier today, just need to work on my eating habits now. They are still out of control.

Last edited by Corinna T; 09-17-2018 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:47 PM   #8  
Focus & Determination

Back on the elliptical this morning and some more stretches.

Stores are getting the Halloween candy out I see. Need to stay away from eating too much of that.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:28 AM   #9  

We got pounded with rain yesterday, but nothing like the horrible flooding in North Carolina. Sunny today. Really can't do much outside because the ground is so saturated. I have late lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, stringbeans and cauliflower planted and they look great! The raised garden was awesome this year.

Trying to watch my portions and snacking.....
Old 09-19-2018, 02:52 PM   #10  
Focus & Determination

That is a nice mix of vegetables. Sounds really good. Reminds me I need to make some vegetable paprikash. I haven't made any in a while. I bet you are really glad you have a raised garden now with all the rain.

Back on the elliptical again today. Still need to work on my portion sizes.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:32 AM   #11  

Hi Chris77

Still cloudy with drizzle here.....I hope the weather changes once Fall arrives on Saturday!

I have 3 outside projects to do as soon as the weather cooperates. Put fence around the blueberries, add stall mats and replace some fence in the paddock.

Corrina, did you finally get hot water?
Old 09-22-2018, 06:24 AM   #12  

Down 2 lbs

Hope you have good results too!
Old 09-23-2018, 01:08 AM   #13  
Focus & Determination

Wow Renee!!! Another 2 lbs gone, you are doing great! My weight didn't change this week. I need to make a few changes to what I have been eating for breakfast. I think that will help. More oats, muselix, or granola rather than eggs.

We did get the hot water to work now and when we want it. So no more cold showers in the morning.

Worked outside yesterday tackling the overgrown weeds. I will have to tackle it in stages to work them down to where I can mow them. I want to have a area behind our garage on the hill for our dog to use for the bathroom.

Welcome Chris!!

Last edited by Corinna T; 09-23-2018 at 01:09 AM.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:15 PM   #14  
Focus & Determination

Went to the agricultural show today. Walked around for 3 hours. I love the Wensleydale Sheep. There were all types of other breeds too. Beautiful wool. There was a woman there who does everything from starting with raising the sheep to the final product of making various sweaters. They look nice. She custom makes sweaters and other products too. They are expensive but will last for a long time. I am considering having one made.

Yesterday went to a flea market in the morning. Bought 3 plants (conifer tree, geraniums, and lavender) to put around the outside of my house. Later around mid-day, walked the one mile to church. Enjoyed the service in the old small church. I walked back there again today and just said a few prayers. I think it will become one of my new short walks.

My eating is not the best. I started off with a good frame of mind, but the whole wheat seeded bread is just so good. I think I ate 1/3 of the loaf today. That shows no signs of moderation at all. I need to avoid buying that in the future. That will cut out some extra undesired calories right there.

Have a great Tuesday!
Old 09-24-2018, 07:47 PM   #15  

Well, to celebrate the first day of Autumn, I baked a pumpkin pie. I only had a small piece

Yes, the sweaters will last a lifetime. I can't wear wool. I get all itchy. We have an alpaca farm not to far from here. She also makes things from the wool. Gloves, socks, scarfs etc. I can't wear that either. Some people are so talented.

Sam goes back to work next week. He's doing really well. Even the doctor was surprised at how far he has come. He's only going 1/2 days for 2 weeks to see how it goes. He thinks he will be fine.

We're getting more heavy rain tomorrow and Wednesday.
Closed Thread