Old 12-22-2018, 06:29 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Jean
Sis made a mountain out of a mole hill but she has calmed down. I made the mistake of retaliating which was in my defense but I've learned she has to have the final say. If it happens again I'm going to not respond and let her stew for a couple of days. She said some very hateful things. I can forgive but I can't forget that easily. Needless to say it highly upset me.

------
I went to the car wash this afternoon . It was busy. I used the vacuum there and was it powerful. I still need to throw away some junk and do the windows on the inside.
I will be going to church in the morning but will be coming back home to sleep in my own bed. Will go back to my sister's Monday to spend the night for the Christmas Eve service at 11 p.m. This way I can be there Christmas morning to help prepare for lunch.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 06:49 PM   #17  

Good Evening! We attended a wonderful church service in a small nearby church today. The baptism for the twins was very personable with the congregation participating. Several people welcomed us plus there was a couple from our own church whose daughter and family are members there. The organist happened to be the gal who stands next to me in our bell choir. We were invited to the lunch and turned out to be the only non family members there. We had a ham and turkey dinner with all the side dishes. This afternoon I did a couple loads of laundry and wrapped gifts which is still not finished.

Ceejay, Bob took my car to the car wash yesterday and for whatever reason one side didn’t get clean. We have rain and snow predicted starting Thursday so no point in washing it again. It’s supposed to be getting colder so guess our “nice” weather will just be a memory. Last year we had a few days of -20s+ and that was not fun. Hope you have a nice Christmas with your family.

”Gma” I hope you are feeling better. We miss you!

I need to finish wrapping! Tomorrow will be busy fixing food! Have a Merry Christmas!

Last edited by Jean; 12-23-2018 at 06:51 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 09:43 PM   #18  

I looked at the car again this morning and think I've wasted my money at the car wash. It needs a good hand cleaning both inside and out.
I did make it to church this morning. Dropped my hymnal on the hardwood floor and must made the people behind me jump. After service the man who sat behind me told me jokingly not to bring my gun to church any more. . Ate lunch with sis.
On the way home I decided to locate the building in Springfield where I'm supposed to go to jury duty. I found it but I'm going to have to leave early if I get a place in the main parking lot. Other wise I will have to walk 2 blocks.

Hope that gma hasn't caught what her DH has.

Jean
If I don't get back in for the next couple of days, I hwish you and family the very best Christmas.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:59 AM   #19  

Good Morning! Just taking a quick break from cooking; egg casserole is in the oven and a cherry salad is next. We are going to early church at three then I will make the party mix and call it good for another year. We will leave early in the morning for Jason’s and stay overnight. Hopefully we will get home on Wednesday before the questionable weather moves in.

Ceejay, I forgot about you having jury duty after your vacation. I like to know where to go too. I’m always in fear of getting summoned to a higher court in Sioux City. I know where the court house is, it’s just the daily hour plus drive or deciding to stay overnight. I’m a worrier! Hopefully all the cases will be settled before you have to go.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2018, 12:55 PM   #20  

Still on the down side of this virus. Will look through posts later. Just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas tomorrow. I hope you get to spend it with those you love.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:20 PM   #21  

Hello ladies. Still alive and kickin’ and starting to feel better. I don’t think I’ve ever had something this bad. I had respiratory and stomach virus at the same time. I am still coughing on and off and getting up stuff, but I am feeling better. Been living on rolls and Sprite.

Hope you had a nice Christmas. We were alone but we did have a nice Christmas lunch. Glad it’s over.

Jack took his last two vacation days for this year tomorrow and Monday so he’ll be off another 5 days. Hopefully I can get my strength back so we can get shopping done and the house cleaned. We can then get back to normalcy.

I have to schedule an eye appt, a mammogram screening, and a doctor appt in the next couple months. I broke a nail and need to get out and get my nails done, but it’s been raining cats and dogs here so I don’t want to get out in it. Jack wants to get the cars washed sometime while he’s home too.

Everybody have a good weekend.
Old 12-27-2018, 01:21 PM   #22  

The Good Morning! It is raining again/yet this morning. We are up to almost an inch; snow is disappearing rapidly. I had a scholarship presentation at the hospital first thing this morning, I know of eight $1000 scholarships for sure. Then I took the church money to the bank and they agreed with our figures. It was a miracle! The gal who agreed, several weeks ago, to help me count never answered my text as to when she could do it. I told her I wouldn’t be home until after lunch yesterday. I get to church and she isn’t there so the pastor called her to come in. She had taken all of last week off which is another whole story. I went ahead and got everything organized into piles and had started the process by the time she waddled in. I could tell by her attitude and actions she didn’t want to be there. Long story short, my part wouldn’t balance because she had put several things in the wrong “pot” and mislabeled them. Of course she took off as soon as she thought she had the cash balanced. Needless to say, after checking, double checking, and rechecking, rearranging money, and four hours plus later I finished my part. I was not happy! Bob even came to see if I was ok because I was alone, locked in the office after dark. Anyhow, we are supposed to count Monday and she doesn’t work Monday. The pastor is going to call her today and tell her she will be counting on Monday with me. I need to do laundry and put gifts away. We had a delightful Christmas and a not so wonderful ride home the next day. South Dakota had freezing drizzle and snow, then turned to rain as we got closer to Iowa.

“Gma,” glad to see you this morning and that you are feeling better! Define “normal.” Ian has a game today but I’m not sure we are going. The weatherman just said SD roads are partially snow and ice. It will be up to my personal driver but I vote for staying home. It is not nice outside and the fog is moving in again.

I need to dream up something for lunch so better get moving. Hope you enjoy a terrific Thursday today!

Old 12-27-2018, 01:28 PM   #23  

"gma"
Glad you are feeling better. I need to schedule a mammogram, but will wait until after my doctor's appointment in January. I'm ready to get my normal routine back also.

Jean
Good morning

-----------------
I'm trying to get back into my regular routine. but it's kind of hard to do at the moment knowing that there is a new year approaching. Looking forward to this new year also. I'm going to make some changes in my life style that doesn't have to do with food.
Need to get the package in the mail for my niece and go to the gym.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:14 PM   #24  

Good Morning! It’s another day in paradise with clouds, wind, colder temperatures, and a few snow flurries in the mix. After the rain most of our snow is gone again. I have been sorting through the catalog/magazine pile and doing some laundry this morning. I need to vacuum and dust the living room and tv areas this afternoon. I also plan to pick up the gift shop money and get that deposited this afternoon. I just got an email the church secretary is going to help me count on Monday. She’s never done it so I hope it’s not a disaster in the making. I don’t anticipate a huge turnout for church services Sunday so don’t think there will be a lot to count. Ian’s got a game today but because of the weather forecast think we are going to pass.

Ceejay, did you enjoy Christmas at your sister’s? I hope so!

I need to scrounge up some lunch. My oven is cleaning itself so the kitchen stinks! Enjoy your day, hope you have sunshine!
Old 12-28-2018, 03:54 PM   #25  

Jean
How nice to have a self cleaning oven! My oven badly needs it. Yes, Christmas at sis's was okay. Don't think I'm going for New Year's Eve or day. Nothing special going on at church. I just want to chill at home. I treated myself to Braums for lunch today. It was a heavy meal.

-------
Nothing much going on here. I've cleaned up my bathroom and am going to clean up the hall bathroom in a few minutes. I want to make soup for lunch tomorrow,, but need a few extra ingredients. Do not want to get back outside in this cold weatHave a good day.her.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:30 AM   #26  

2:29 and wide awake! Grrrrrr!!!!!
Old 12-29-2018, 10:01 AM   #27  

Good morning. Man, this stuff is still hanging on. I am tired of coughing and nose blowing, etc, etc. I do feel better though.

Heavy duty Bowl games today all day and evening. I am hoping to do some upstairs cleaning today. Jack’s going to be watching football all day.

We have been having so much rain here. I guess it would be snow in other parts of the country. I’m just sick of soggy, depressing weather.

CeeJay: I think we try to improve ourselves year to year. I hope the strides you want to make come to fruition.

Jean: Why don’t they fire that woman if she isn’t doing her job? I can understand your frustration. Did you hear anything from the other situation? You can’t really do anything.

Have a good Saturday everybody.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:11 AM   #28  

Good grief Jean, are you drinking to much caffeine?
==============
It's only 66 degree's in the house this morning. The heater can't keep up with the cold 23 degree's outside. I'm going to call sis and let her know this afternoon.
She has been putting off the repair. But it's probably about this temperature in her house too. She likes it cold.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:01 PM   #29  

Happy Saturday! It was 0 the second time I came downstairs this morning. I did some laundry and made a quick casserole for lunch. It’s one I used to make when the kids were little, just hamburger, onion, cheddar cheese, egg, milk, and Bisquik. It goes into a 9” pie plate but for some reason it took forever to bake this morning. It tasted ok, nothing to write home about imo. I made a banana bread after lunch and sorted through some recipes while it was baking. When we first moved to town our church had a new pastor who wanted to start a young mothers group. We met twice a month and had salad suppers once a month where everyone would bring their recipe to share. I have several I’ve never made but they are in other gals’ handwriting so I can’t part with them. Isn’t that dumb!? I think all but one or two of us have moved away or joined another church. Once in awhile we would plan something social and include the husbands. It was a fun time. Anyhow, we bought a new phone system and I have been installing the phone numbers in between everything else. That takes a lot of time!

Ceejay, I never use the broiler and rarely have to clean my oven but it’s nice to have it clean itself. If anything bubbles over I wipe it up as soon as the oven cools off. What kind of soup did you make? It’s definitely been soup weather lately. No, I didn’t have any extra caffeine. Sometimes I just can’t get back to sleep after a trip to the bathroom. Rather than toss ‘n turn and watch the clock I come downstairs. I can usually fall asleep in the recliner. I don’t like “cold” and 66 degrees would be too cold for me. We keep the thermostat at 71/72/73 depending on the wind and how cold it is outside. At night we set it at 69/70.

“Gma,” I have been sneezing and blowing my nose for a couple days again. I finally broke down and took an allergy pill this afternoon which has helped. Part of my sleep problem is a stuffy nose when I lay down. Bob watched the Iowa State game last night, they lost by two points. He said the refs threw more flags on them than the other team. The church person is the computer whiz which no one else can do. She is mad because she asked for more hours and there isn’t any extra money in the budget. So she just comes and goes as she pleases. She stands next to me at bells and didn’t show up at the last practice. She didn’t let the director know so puts those who play on each side of her in a bind of sorts. I can hardly wait to hear her excuse this time, other than she doesn’t work Mondays. I haven’t heard anymore from Maggie so have no idea what is going on with her. Sad, I think.

Bob just asked about supper, meaning he is hungry. Guess that is my clue to to dream up something. Hope you enjoy your evening and keep warm!
Old 12-30-2018, 03:01 PM   #30  

Good Afternoon! We have another day of sunshine! The sun came up a minute earlier this morning and will set a minute later. Yay, spring is on the way! It’s windy and cold even though the thermometer says it is warmer than yesterday. We went to church and if the other two services are like ours, counting tomorrow will be pretty skimpy. The minister talked ‘n talked ‘n talked this morning, 25 minutes! I let my mind wander so lost track of what he was trying to get across. I put the money in the locked file drawer in the office and we went out for breakfast. When we got home I changed clothes and have done a load of laundry; that is my extra effort so far today. I slept good in my bed bed all night last night!
I need to get busy and clear off the counter. I still have some numbers to transfer to the new phone; the list is longer than I thought! Hope all are enjoying a relaxing Sunday!