Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 11:39 PM   #31  

Height: 5'7"

I have lost all awareness of what the date is and the day of the week.

Just working, going to doctors appointment, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc.

I am so fortunate that I have been able to be to work at home most of the time since DH's surgery. I do plan to go to the office this week, since he is feeling much better. We see the CNP again on Friday.

I dont think he will go back to work on November 5. I think he will be off at least a couple more weeks after that. After Nov 5th he has 48 days left for his Aflac disability. I am so greatful for that.

On our anniversary we went to see A Star is Born.....it was amazing. Lady GaGa is amazing!

Annie: i hope they give you some sort of package with the displacement. I am sorry you are going through this. If I can help with anthing, please reach out to me.

What a blessing for the hospice nurse to speak Filipino. I truly beleive that isnt by accident or coincidence.

Hugs to you my friend.

Laura: i hope you are feeling better. A friend of mine is dealing with asthma bronchitis right now too. I wonder if it is the season?

I will do more personals tomorrow...i need to go back and read.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:56 PM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

Yesterday we went to DH's company cookout at his bosses house. Everyone was so excited to see him and kept telling him how much they missed him. It was very nice for him to hear that.

We didn't make it to church this morning, we were going to try and go but DH was very worn out from the cookout...we were there about 3 hrs. Also, DH didn't want to wear sweats to church, not that anyone would mind but I had enough to do here at home and we had to grocery shope (DH did go with me to both Kroger and Walmart, we took a break in-between going to the stores).

Today I also cleaned out bedroom top to bottom and my workout out room (which I really need to visit this week )and the hallway. I did the bathroom on Saturday and the kitchen on Friday after they got the drywall repair done from where I had the washer leak, and painted the whole kitchen. It feels so nice to have a newly painted kitchen and the area where the washer and dryer all fixed up.

Annie: I know you have a lot going on and I'm concerned about you...Praying that God gives you strength.

Laura: When is your bone scan scheduled? It sounds like this doctor is very detailed and i think that is a good thing....you really need to get that foot taken care of. The view you have in the new office is awesome!

Ceejay: We have cooler weather here now. How is yours? Did they come look at the airconditioner? How was the potluck you went to?

Happy: Did you make it home ok and are you worn out?

I go back to work in the office tomorrow. I'm very nervous about it for some reason. I think some is I don't want to leave DH and I haven't seen my boss in 3 weeks....I tihnk that I really don't care for him...I love my work but him, I could do without. He is nice but he is not in a partnership with me and I am not used to that. I keep trying.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:45 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I've spent Friday night and Saturday night at my sissy's in Ash Grove getting ready for the big event, my nephew's wedding. It went very good. She cooked for 40 people. I did make a huge broccoli salad, set the tables and quartered 15 pounds of potatoes to roast. My brother in law smoked 4 Boston butts. My nephew kept adding guest and this was a rehearsal dinner!!! Saturday afternoon came the wedding. The church sanctuary was elegantly decorated but simple in black and pink. It was beautiful.. I've never seen these colors before. Then off to the reception in Springfield. This was very different than what I'm used too with a live band. My nephew played and sang also and then sang with his daughter. Give his daughter an inch and she will try to take a mile. He was trying to tell her to leave him alone so I politely got up and took her by the hand and made her sit down. She can be a handful. All in all it was a good night. I did get out on the dance floor and probably made a fool of myself. but my nephew's daughters friend wanted me to dance with her.
------
Laura
How did the doctor's appointment go? Your new view is awesome.

Susie
Praying that your DH continues to heal. I know this is very a very stressful time.

Happy
Are you home?
Old 10-15-2018, 11:25 AM   #34  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Howdie!

Fe is still hanging on. Bp is 70/30, dropping. This is awful to watch. My brother is beside himself. He has been staying there 24/7. He did go home once yesterday to shower, shave and get his meds. My other brother and his wife were there so Chuck felt comfortable going home to do that. Don't know what he is going to do today as he is by himself.

My 6 month heart check didn't go as well as I would of liked. Got a heart monitor this morning to wear for 48 hours. Anything else folks? Seems like when it rains it pours. It is just a series of crappy events for me.

Nothing on job front.

Hugs to all.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:01 PM   #35  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Apologies for not getting on sooner but I swear, my email - or I should say emails as I have separate accounts for things - have over 100 new emails - all with someone asking for something. I admit since I got home Friday evening, I have ignored it all because I just don't want to deal with it. Today is Monday - a new week and back to reality. I got home safely on Friday about 5:30pm. Traffic was quite heavy surprisingly and it followed us all the way into Wisconsin up until the roads split for northern Wisconsin and Minneapolis. Most of the traffic went on to Minnesota so it was easy breezy after that except by then we were both eager to get out of the car and be home but still had another 2 hours of driving yet. The fall colors are gorgeous right at that point and to our surprise they still were peaking when we came back that way. I wish we could have gotten out to take some pictures. DH and I talked about going out for a drive on the weekend but honestly once I got home I didn't really want to leave. We did go out on Saturday at DH's insistence to pick up our new iPhones. We both got the newest ones, the big ones. He wanted one because he dropped his a long time ago and had a cracked screen and his was not working right. Mine was fine but it was starting to get wonky freezing up on the touch commands. I also figured with my ever weakening vision that a bigger phone might serve me well even if it's extra weight in my already heavy purse. And since he was getting a new one, why not We also upgraded our plan to unlimited data so now we can stream music and give up on satellite radio that doesn't work too well out this way. The speakers on the new phone are a whole lot better than they used to be and the camera is supposed to be good too. I expected that the Verizon guys at the store would be able to transfer everything from my old iPhone to the new one. A reasonable expectation, right? Like most kids today, if it doesn't happen automatically, they don't know how to do it. The one kid, while polite was also clueless. He said he hated Apple the company and didn't know much about it or its products. Yet you work in a telecom store with the number one selling product and you don't know ANYTHING ABOUT IT????? The other kid was hiding under the counter. The only thing he did was switch the activation from the old phone to the new one and that's only because that happened automatically when you set them side by side next to each other. He could not restore my contacts, notes or apps. He started what appeared to be a restore which he said would take a while so DH and I went to get lunch. When we got back the state governor was stumping (campaigning) at the pizza place next to us so the streets were blocked off and it was hard to get in by the store. Like most of this state, we do not like this governor so him mucking up access made us like him even less. We walked into the store and the kid did not accomplish anything. I had a backup at home on my computer but it was asking me for a password and I could not figure out what it was. I told the kid that next to buying a phone brand new for the first time, the second most common thing they were asked had to be help me transfer stuff from my old phone to my new one and I didn't understand why they didn't know how to do that. He said that's because we are salesman not technicians. I said I did not want the new phone if they could not get everything transferred over because now it was a matter of principle and I was going to vote with my dollars. We took the phone home, my contacts were restored but not apps and notes. Now I could have rebuilt them but it could have been cumbersome to do so. We tried to do a backup but it kept asking for a password. DH went back to the store yesterday to return my phone and they said they would have charged us $200 and restocking fees (this on top of the $104 non refundable in-store fee they charged us for "setting up the phone" which they could not complete). Even though I said I didn't want the phone if they couldn't set it up completely. What a bunch of dullards. DH brought the new phone home and started going through my spiral bound notebook where I keep passwords. Sure enough towards the end I had written down the password for the BACKUP OF MY PHONE. SMACK. Of course when I typed it in, it did the restore just fine and everything is moved over including my old messages (some of which have things embedded in them I want to save or pictures or contact info. So it took a day and a half fussing with it and it's good to go. Last night I finished blowing the night off by loading a bunch of music from Pandora on to my phone. I did sign up for a free 3 month subscription to Apple Music but Pandora is so much better. Again I was ignoring everything that was urging me to deal with it. I unpacked most of my stuff. I spent a frightful amount of money on makeup at the Ulta store with my sister - the poster girl for beauty products. And yesterday I downloaded the Ulta app on my phone. First thing it did was a face scan and then like magic it applied all kinds of make up and made me look good! I told DH this was voodoo magic and he said he needed some of that It's nice that it shows colors on your face - I am 90 minutes from the nearest store and I can't tell you how much makeup I have bought and found that it just didn't look right. This helps alot. Yes, even though I live in the woods among people who never wear makeup or color their hair, I won't give it up. My hero is a 92 year old woman here that goes to the same salon as me and also is always dressed to the nines with makeup and hair done.

It has snowed 3 times since I've been home - it melted by day's end but I am still not ready for it. Was going to go swimming this morning but decided instead to stay home and get a grip on putting things away first. I can always go tomorrow. Going to really try and cut back on the sugar too.

Annie - I'm glad you got some extra time to keep drawing a salary but it's still tense if you think they are going to walk in at any minute and tell you that you are done with work. I am saying fervent prayers you find something good quickly. Any leads yet? I am sorry about Fe's condition. I agree with the others it is short of a miracle that there is a nurse who speaks Fe's native tongue. Like an angel watching over her and helping her be less afraid. Lots of heavy things on your mind lately. Sending you some strength sister

Ceejay - yes weddings are over the top now thanks to too many crazy shows on tv. Wish people paid as much interest in the marriage as much as the reception. Sounds like you had a nice time. Black which was the opposite of wedding colors when I got married is now very trendy and has been for a while. Is it cold by you yet?

Susie - I can understand your hesitancy at leaving DH on his own. Especially when you can't get back home quickly. I hope he will be ok. I found your comment about work interesting. You give so much to the job and it's scary when you think the boss is not on your side. I hope he missed you bunches and saw the light. I need your oomph when it comes to tackling the cleaning Thanks for the review on the movie - I thought with her in it and her ability to look like a down to earth regular person without all the usual glitz of show business that she can do a great acting job.

Laura - I'm sure the view from your new office is magnificent - I would not be happy about 2 elevators at this point in my life Are you closer to the train station now or did you go more south to make up the east difference? I used to love seeing the sunrise over the lake when I worked on Michigan Avenue. It made coming in early worth it. And now I guess you could stay in your office and watch the 4th of July fireworks! I hope things come out ok with your foot. In all honesty, it's got to be hard to have it mend when you can't really rest it enough and stay off of it. I hope you get some encouraging news soon.

Birds keep bouncing off our big south windows in the house. Makes me sad - this time of year the reflection is confusing to them. Hopefully they just get stunned and can take off again in a few minutes. Nothing much we can do about it.

Shad - how are things on your side of the world?

Hello Dee

I'm going to post this and then go shower up. I think I am going to worry about getting things put away in the house before I tackle the mountain of email requests I have waiting for me. I admit I am getting tired of all this and want my life back to do what I want to. Working on it.... have a good day all!
Old 10-15-2018, 12:03 PM   #36  
Choose your hard

Oh Annie - You DO seem to get pounded with a load of crap when it hits. I watched my Dad slowly fade and it was horrible. If you have to die, go quick would be my choice. Not that we actually have one. Did Fe have cancer? Forgive me but I can't remember. Keep your spirits up lady, we are pulling for you. Prayers and good wishes to the family.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:41 PM   #37  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY...Fe does have cancer, once it penetrated her brain, it was all over with. That is what happened. Started in her lungs but spread quickly EVERYWHERE.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:00 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Still praying for you and your family.

Happy
I don't blame you for wanting to get things put away before you start anything else. Yes it has been cold today. The high was to be around 45. I've been out and about and the vehicle has read 44 degree's. The air is cold. The low temperature tonight is predicted to be 33.
---------------
I went to the pharmacy to pick up the rx's for the next 3 months. They were busy. I also made it to the gym this afternoon and did 30 minutes of cardio, 15 minutes treadmill and 15 on the recumbent bike. I always feel better after I exercise. I've also made good head way on the closet that I started cleaning this morning I've discarded 1 garbage bag of sweat shirts that are too big and meant to take them to the drop off place by PF but forgot them. I also got my flu shot today.
Miley scratched me last night on a vein on top of my hand. It bled more than her usual scratches. It's sore and a bit swollen. Her claws need to be trimmed but since I'm not keeping her I'm going to let my niece deal with that later.
I was fishing between the cushions of my chair trying to dig out an ink pen that fell in there and low and behold I found my fit bit.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:28 AM   #39  
Annie - Indiana

Dramatic changes in Fe last night. End is closer. That is all.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:02 AM   #40  

Morning all. Happy Tuesday. Been chilly here, but at least it’s nice and sunny this morning. I love walking down the corridor towards my cube in the morning and seeing the lake with the sun glistening off of the water.

Susie – You have a lot on your plate right now. It’s great you’ve been able to work from home and be near your dh, especially when he’s had post-surgery issues that needed to be addressed. == Re the asthma and the throat crud, I definitely think it’s the season for me – this is very much like I was experiencing last fall. == Is your kitchen a new color now? == I hope things aren’t weird with your boss…do you report to more than one person, or is he the “official” boss of you?

Ceejay – Sounds like a lovely wedding and a fun reception. Too funny about the nephew’s daughter – she's quite the ham. Congrats to your nephew. == Ouch re Miley’s bite!!! Hope you don’t get cat scratch fever, LOL. Okay, now I’ll have that song in my head for a bit, haha. == Good job with the cardio! == LOL re finding the fitbit. That works out doesn’t it – you returned the new one didn’t you??

Annie – My prayers to your family re Fe. == Oh dear, I hope there’s nothing serious going on with your heart!!! Hugs.

Happy – I’m glad you enjoyed the fall color on your drive back home. How was your visit with your mom and sister? == Ugh, what a disaster with the new mobile phone! I’m sure you wanted to smack the employees who were so clueless!! LOL that you had the password you needed after all… But I do agree, the speakers on my Galaxy 9+ are so much better than those on my previous phone (Galaxy 4). Too bad my totally wireless earbuds have crapped out in one ear – the volume won’t go very high now. Might be a blessing for my hearing though, lol. == I might have to download that Ulta app – I’d like to do that face scan! == Get to that pool and get your heart pumping lady!! == Yes, I’m one block closer to the train from the east, but one block further south, so my walking commute is a wash from our previous office. Just the commute inside the building is longer… == I hope you get caught up with your outside obligations and can get back to taking care of your own needs and wants.

Hellos to Shad and Dee.

Nuttin’ much to report. Work is work. The boss is distracted with a big project at the moment. I brought up an upcoming project in our weekly meeting yesterday because I’d been copied on some emails related to it. I wanted to make sure he didn’t “assume” I was taking a role on it without actually telling me directly in a non-psychic manner!

I forget who asked - my bone density scan isn’t until next Thursday, which is also when I’ll see the rheumatologist to discuss the scan results and the blood and urine test results.

Going to the fc tonight for a workout. That’s it, so let me get this posted. TTFN
Old 10-16-2018, 10:38 PM   #41  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Annie - my hopes for Fe for a peaceful passing. My condolences and sympathy to your brother and your families. It's so hard when these horrible things happen to nice people. Best of luck on the job front also but I don't expect you care to much for that at this point.
Sorry to hear the heart is not going so good at the moment. Stress will have a lot to do with that.

Happy - Welcome home. Ignore those emails as much as possible. It's not life or death and somehow they will cope - thing is that like so many volunteer organisations they start to depend on the volunteers to do everything. It makes me cross when some paid people pass as much as possible onto the volunteers - because they have so much more experience in the workforce than some of these silly kids these days. I was flabbergasted at them not knowing how to work your phone and for someone to work in a telecommunications industry to say they hate this product or that product and not learn about it is ridiculous.

Laura - nice view over the city and lake. Makes going to work a lot easier if you have something to look at. Hope the bone density tests come out okay. Don't need another friend diagnosed with osteoporosis or similar.

Ceejay - doing well on the exercise. Keep it going. I've got to start something soon or I will seize up. All sorts of things hurt at the moment.

Susie - Glad to hear DH is on the mend. I understand that you don't want to go back to work right now. Boss sounds like a bit of a ****

Okay. Lots going on here. The DS2 is building my fence for me. The back half is finished, now just the side bits. Painting is coming along very slowly, doesn't help that I change my mind about the room layout frequently either. Eventually it will get done.
My friend R fell on the wet and slippery pavement a couple of days ago. She was coming out of the gym and her new gym shoes slipped on the pavement. She has a broken Ulna and will be in plaster for several weeks Hopefully she will be right by the time we go to Tasmania.
The Adelaide mob got the flu going around and were all flat on their backs for a week. I offered to go down but they wouldn't let me in case I got it too. They seem to be okay now.
My friend C down the road has an aneurism in her head. It is getting bigger but very slowly. Her DH was down with pneumonia and her son is going off the rails for one reason or another, not sure if it is drink or drugs or what.
Other than that, all is okay in my world, apart from stupid city councils and rotten politicians. That seems to be worldwide though. Nobody seems to be very honest anymore especially when they get into a position of power.

With that I am off to hold another fence post and keep it level while the concrete goes off.

Last edited by Shad; 10-17-2018 at 01:23 AM.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:40 PM   #42  
Annie - Indiana

Thank you SHADDIE for you kind words. You also LAURA and everyone!

Fe is still hanging on. Man she is a fighter. Hard on my brother. Stressful

Still no word on the job front. Have a 15 minute meeting with all of sales on this subject. Doesn't seem like they will reveal anything as it says to please join if you can. Hmmm. Stressful

Took heart monitor back this morning. Do not know the results as yet, not sure when I will. Stressful.

Still waiting on the sale of Cs route. Stressful.

Did I say stressful. I have so much going on in my head I cannot remember to even get gas. I looked down at my gauge on the way to doc and it said REFUEL. 0 miles. For how long I do not know. Made it up to floor 4 of parking garage and back down then to gas station...no walking. Stressful.

That is all for now. Quite enough.

Hugs.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:41 PM   #43  
Annie - Indiana

Grateful and Blessed yes, Healthy and Happy not so much,.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #44  
Annie - Indiana

Fe passed away last night at 11:30 pm.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:58 AM   #45  
Choose your hard

Annie, my deepest condolences to you, your brother and your family on the loss of Fe. I hope fond memories of her will warm your hearts and dry your tears. I'm so sorry you are dealing with an unusually large stress ball at the moment. You certainly don't deserve this. Follow your 12 step, go to a meeting or church or take a friend to coffee and let it all out sister. Take a deep breath and move on. Wish I could be that coffee friend for you. You are in my heart and thoughts today.
Closed Thread