Old 12-12-2018, 04:19 AM   #1  

Angry Steel Magnolias — #32

3:18 and I am wide awake! !!!!!!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:59 AM   #2  

Good Morning! Another day of early fog and maybe some sunshine this afternoon. There is no wind so far which is a real treat. I have lunch bunch this noon and offered to pick up my broken shoulder friend. She is in a brace tight to her body which looks very uncomfortable, but she said she is getting used to it. I need to make another casserole for a card club friend who hurt her back and is caretaker for her husband. First I need to hit the grocery store! Also have a load of laundry waiting, dust bunnies too. We had a variety of treats, coffee, and apple cider with oranges in it at the program last night. Fancier cookies than I would have the patience to make!

I need to get busy and figure out what to wear for lunch. I am tired of my winter clothes already! I then have bell practice later this afternoon. Have a wonderful Wednesday and enjoy!
Old 12-12-2018, 06:47 PM   #3  

Evening ladies. Another round of rain for us. Gonna last until Saturday. At least it isn’t freezing so no ice.

Jack has a cold and sore throat so I’m dealing with him, trying to do stuff he can’t do like carrying stuff, emptying trash, etc, trying to clean house, cook, do the budget, etc. I am pooped and sore. I’ll be glad when he can do the heavy lifting so to speak. His appt is a week from today and they’ll release him. I have regular and Christmas food shopping this weekend too. Ugh!

CeeJay: Our area really didn’t get anything but wet weather. What are you going to do for the holidays?

Jean: Glad your tooth was an easy fix. Your poor friend. A broken shoulder at her age is a sure way to get arthritis in that shoulder. I hope it heals well and she feels better. I agree. I wouldn’t want a split screen etc. It irritates me when my Ipad rearranges the icons by itself. lol Whatcha gonna make for your friend’s family? I had a dream we were on a vacation and were staying in a high rise hotel. I went swimming and dropped my keycard in the deep end. I got finished and had forgotten which floor our room was on. They wouldn’t give me my room number at the front desk because I had no id and no key card. I ask that they call Jack and have him come down and get me, but he wasn’t in the room. I woke up when I had to sit in the lobby in a wet swimsuit.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

"Gma"
Goodness that was a dream. Will be going to my sister's on Christmas Eve to spend the night. Our church has an 11 pm. service on Christmas Eve that I want to attend.

Jean
I've been buying groceries only to let them go bad. I don't like to cook for myself and really do not like left overs. If I get in the mood tomorrow I'm going to make some chili. I can eat left over soups and chili's. Seems there flavor is better the second day.

---------------------------
I had an appointment with the hygienist yesterday for my cleaning. All went well. Spent the night with sis at the condo and got up this morning to go shopping at Bed, bath and beyond. Then I mailed a small package to my sis in GA. Decided to go to Nixa to the post office instead of Republic. Think it's a bit easier to get to. Not much else is going on.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 01:02 PM   #5  

Good Morning! It is a cloudy, “warmer,” and no wind day with fog earlier. Will see if we have a lot of moisture (snow?) in 90 days per the old wives’ tale. I’ve been to WM, Walgreens, and the gift shop this morning. Three more gifts to cross off my list! Yay! I need to work on cards this afternoon and start wrapping so I know who I have left to buy for.

“Gma,” I hope Jack is feeling better today and you are cool, calm, and collected. To add insult to her shoulder injury, my friend needs both knees and hips replaced! She was planning on knees first after the holidays. I’m sure that is on the back burner for now. She is a widow but her sister has been staying with her. I made a chicken and wild rice casserole for them. They both must have liked it because they asked for the recipe. I’m thinking ham balls and cheesy potatoes next. I’m turning into a regular Betty Crocker! That was quite a dream you had! For me the sitting in the lobby in a swimsuit would be scary!

Ceejay, I miss the late night Christmas Eve church service. When I was a kid, it was at 11 and I remember one year there was a beautiful snowfall when we came out of church. Now our services are 3, 5, and 7. I would hate to admit how many leftovers I throw out. When I was in school, Bob was good about eating them for lunch, and he still will. Like you, I don’t especially like them but can do soup.

Speaking of food, I need to get some lunch ready for Mr. B. Hope you are enjoying a terrific Thursday!

Last edited by Jean; 12-13-2018 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:23 PM   #6  

Jean.
Our Christmas Eve service is at 11 p.m. The children's play is Sunday.
Thanks for telling me that you throw out left overs too. Makes me not feel as guilty.
I'm through with shopping just need to wrap some gifts.

"gma"
Hope Jack is feeling better. I hate the sore throat part of a cold.

-------
Went to lunch this afternoon with some ladies from church. We had a good visit. Other than this I've done absolutely nothing. I'm at least thinking about riding my bike instead of going to the gym. It's drizzling rain and just don't want to get out again.
Have a good rest of the day.
Old 12-16-2018, 01:58 PM   #7  

Good Afternoon! It’s a beautiful day in my neighborhood, sunny and heading to 40+ degrees this afternoon. We aren’t supposed to have any moisture until after Christmas. Farmer talk is that the rest of the winter will be mild. That would be fine with me! The bells played three pieces in church this morning, two too many in my opinion. They were all easy but boring for my part. Bob fixed breakfast at the restaurant and now we need to get a few things done around the house. I have laundry going and some gifts I parked on the island so I should start wrapping. Last night we went to a 50th anniversary in Sioux City. The bride and I were in college together then taught in the same school for a year. We, she and her husband have been friends for a very long time! I had forgotten but I poured punch at their wedding so she showed me the picture. Bob was in Vietnam so missed the wedding; I just remember lots of snow! Before the reception we braved a couple stores looking for a fuzzy rug for Zowie, no luck there. Lots ‘n lots of people out shopping because the weather was so nice.

Ceejay, I am really guilty of asking for a carry out box when I can’t eat everything I ordered in a restaurant. Then I store it in the fridge for a few days before I toss it. I need to double check my lists to be sure I have everyone covered with gifts. I don’t bother with stockings as I figure the parents can do that. Christmas rolls around too fast!

I’m not getting much done by sitting here so I’m off to be productive! Enjoy a super Sunday!
Old 12-17-2018, 11:56 AM   #8  

I'm thinking of changing my plans for Christmas but not sure yet.
I will play it by ear.

---------------------------------
Jean
How nice that you went to your friend's 50th wedding anniversary.

More later.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:48 PM   #9  

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining and it’s another beautiful day. My library books were due today and I had just a few pages left to read in one. I woke up around 3:30 so got up and finished my book. The pastor is asking everyone to give an extra $100 to help with the 2018 finances. Today was our bank givers plus a few end of the year people so had quite a bit to count. After church I made the gift shop deposit, stopped by the library, then dropped a check off at the hospital. Fixed leftover ham balls for lunch and I could really use a nap now! I have card club tonight.

Ceejay, do you have to travel for Christmas?

“Gma,” hope you feel better today!

I need to keep working on Christmas! Have a nice rest of your day!
Old 12-18-2018, 11:03 AM   #10  

The Good Morning! The sun is shining but it is quite windy so feels colder outside than it really is. I am waiting for a return call and hate being glued to the phone. When we first moved here I was on the board for Welcome Wagon and spent hours on the phone as well as for other organizations over the years. I am working on Christmas today! We have a board meeting at church tonight to approve the budget for next year. We’re in trouble ending this year so doesn’t look good for starting next year. One member gave $25000.00 to cover utilities for next year. Nice guy!

The phone is not ringing so I need to get busy! I noticed a couple dust/fur bunnies in my travels this morning so will vacuum today . . . . . . sometime. Hope to see more bright faces here today. Have a terrific Tuesday and enjoy!
Old 12-18-2018, 09:05 PM   #11  

Jean
Wow, that was a huge amount of money that person gave. But it was a very nice jester.I live almost 40 minutes from where I attend church so I'm glad I'm not doing any type of service.

--------------------
we've had sunshine and temperatures of 56 degree's. I got out and ran some errands. I need to clean up the car so that's tomorrow's project.
More later.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:22 PM   #12  

Good Evening! We got up to fog again this morning but then had sunshine for most of the day. The sun disappeared mid afternoon with some sprinkles falling when I went to bell practice. I was home all day and accomplished quite a bit if I do say so myself! I want to write a few Christmas cards for church to thank people who have done extra things above and beyond. One 85 year old man comes in around 7:15 every Sunday to make coffee, turn on lights, unlock doors etc. He also helps with the youth groups and the kids love him. Otherwise I think my cards are done, dusted the high spots and vacuumed up the chunks, plus a load of laundry done.

Ceejay, the ice and snow covered streets have finally melted into standing slop because leaves have covered some of the sewer drains. Needless to say cars are super dirty. We’ve had enough sunshine the grass is poking through the back yard in places. When we lived in Minneapolis and Cleveland we judged distance by how long it took us to get somewhere. We took a lot of trial runs! Our town is so small that we can get anywhere in less than 15 minutes depending on the stop lights, traffic, or a train.

I have a haircut first thing in the morning then need to wrap, wrap, wrap! Hope you enjoy a terrific Thursday!
Old 12-20-2018, 04:37 PM   #13  

Good Morning! It’s very windy and cloudy in my neighborhood this morning. I went for what was supposed to be a trim this morning. I threatened to hold my hands over what I didn’t want her to cut and she finally took the hint I think. I always have to come home and redo before getting on with the rest of my day. Bob’s office is having a cookies and coffee open house today so will stop in there after lunch. It turns out Ian doesn’t have a game today beacause the other town doesn’t have a C Team. So we will go to Maddy’s swing choir preview and call it good.

Have a terrific Thursday and enjoy!
Old 12-20-2018, 08:28 PM   #14  

Evening
It's been a good day so far. I'ts been drizzling rain and turning colder. They are predicting snow flurries tonight.
Sis seems to be back to her normal self. I'm still a bit reluctant to get to close to her again. Maybe a little bit more healing needs to occur on my part.

Jean
I know the feeling about the hair cuts. Think they like to do their own thing. I've always had to redo my hair after I've been to the salon.
I need to get some gifts wrapped and ready to go for Christmas. I suppose things are still on for Christmas at sissy's house.I'm not going to feel very comfortable though.
Old 12-22-2018, 01:26 PM   #15  

Good Morning! We got up to fog but now it is just gloomy clouds. I hope sun comes out! I’ve been wrapping gifts this morning, and double checking my grocery list to make salads and goodies tomorrow.

Ceejay, I’d rather have the snow than the rain this time of year. I agree about hairdressers doing their own thing! After 40 years you’d think mine would be more observant but nope! She always combs it the opposite way that I do. In the summer I’ve told her she doesn’t need to bother drying and combing it but she does anyway, then I come home and redo it. I missed out on what happened with your sister but hope you can enjoy your Christmas.

I need to get back to wrapping so the table is cleared off for lunch. Hope you have a great rest of the day!