3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Shaping For The Future (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/315944-shaping-future.html)

Corinna T 09-25-2018 03:21 PM

Wool makes me itch too. I usually try to wear a shirt or turtleneck under it so it doesn't bother me so bad. That seems to work. However, I know of other people who can't even do that.

I glad that Sam is doing much better. I hope that his new work schedule turns out to be fine too.

Good job on the will power today with the pumpkin pie! That would be hard for me. I ate a small snack this evening for supper. Trying to only eat very small meals in the evening. Also, managed to not touch the candy bowls today at work filled with candy bars and sweets. One day down and a many more to go.

Hope the rain is kind to you. Have a good Wednesday!

Corinna T 09-26-2018 03:15 PM

Stayed on track with exercise this morning and two meals. However, my coworker bought me a TWIX bar this afternoon. Instead of saying no, I ate it. I need to find a way to politely say no. I plan on that tomorrow. I know, I should have done that today. I will advise of my diet rules tomorrow to avoid future pitfalls.

Renee3 09-26-2018 04:30 PM

We had flooding here yesterday and right now it's raining again! The ground is super saturated.

I know I would have eaten the candy bar. I love chocolate!

Yes, it would be best if you made your co-workers aware of your diet rules.

I got lots of exercise today. 2 of the horse stalls flooded and I had to shovel all the wet shavings. Hope they don't flood again tonight!

Renee3 09-29-2018 08:53 AM

No change this week :(

Sun is finally shining!!! I have a busy weekend. Putting up some fence today and working at a horse show tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!

Corinna T 09-30-2018 05:05 AM

Down 1 lb this week. Yippee! I might catch up to you yet. :D Well, I finally got the hubby to stand on the scale this morning. So now he has to face the facts that he needs to lose weight with me. I hope so. I may try counting calories this time around and see if that will work. It can be a burden sometimes, but we will give it a go for a few days anyway.

Corinna T 10-02-2018 03:03 AM

Well, I'm not doing very good at counting calories. I haven't found the time to research the amounts on line so far. Guess I need to be aware of the foods I eat and the amounts until then.

Acquired a slow cooker yesterday. I haven't had one in years. I tend to cook stuff in my pressure cooker most of the time. So I will test the slow cooker out today with some soup of some type.

Thought we were going to get our first frost yesterday, but didn't. Felt cold enough for it. The leave are starting change colors now. It definitely feels like fall.

Hope the rain has subsided for now for you. Have a good Tuesday!

Renee3 10-02-2018 05:00 PM

We had a beautiful weekend. I worked at a horse show on Sunday. We had more rain today and are under a tornado watch right now. It's going to be quite warm and humid the rest of the week. I got out my Fall decorations, but it certainly doesn't feel like Fall!

I love my slow cooker and use it a couple times a week. One of my favorite recipes is putting a whole chicken in it, then use the broth for soup. I have never used a pressure cooker.

I made a cinnamon apple cake and it made the house smell soooo good. I might try a tiny piece :)

Corinna T 10-03-2018 02:39 PM

Hope the tornado didn't head in your direction and the winds subsided.

Made cabbage and beans in my slow cooker. It was okay. What type of other meals do you make in yours? Did you cut up your chicken when you put it in there? I think you would have to just to make sure it all got fully cooked.

Cinnamon Apple Cake, my mouth is already watering just thinking about it. :)

Spent time on the elliptical this morning before work. Did a mini walk with the dog tonight. Breakfast was granola, lunch was taco salad, and dinner was cabbage/bean soup.

Renee3 10-03-2018 05:22 PM

No tornado, but we sure got lots of rain.....

For the whole chicken, I put some chopped carrots and celery in the bottom then put the while chicken on top. I season the chicken with poultry seasoning and smoked paprika. Cook on low for 8 hrs.or high for 5 hrs. I always check it with a thermometer just to be safe. It's delicious. Chili is another easy fix. I don't do many vegetarian dishes. I'm sure you can find some with Google.

Cleaned out my purple martin houses and picked string beans.

Having broccoli salad, grilled pork chops and roasted potatoes for dinner.

Amanda1975 10-03-2018 05:29 PM

Great words :)

But it's so gosh darned with sprinkles on top hard to be on a diet when there is so much yummie food around!!!

Corinna T 10-06-2018 11:51 AM

Down 2lbs for weigh-in today. Yippee!!! I hope you have good success too.

Did you get any of purple martins this year? I think we may buy some pheasant feed a bit later in the fall and lure some of the pheasants around the area to our house. Been throwing the peelings down one lane, but nothing has touched them yet. Guess the wildlife is still feeding on all the apples.

We do have our neighbor's sheep visit us about daily, but I don't consider her wildlife. Her name is Betsy and our dog is always looking for her. He likes her.

Hope you have a good Sunday!

Renee3 10-06-2018 04:34 PM

You're doing great!!!!!

No change for me :(

Yes, I had quite a few martins this year and hopefully more next year.

Can you believe it's raining again! Sam took a drive around the fields and said he's never seen it so wet. Almost got stuck a couple of times.

I haven't seen a pheasant around here in years. I think the foxes and coyotes get them. We do have a flock of turkeys,

Corinna T 10-08-2018 01:00 PM

You started off great on your weight loss. I am still trying to catch up to you. :)

Glad you got the purple martins that you were hoping for.

Hope some sunshine heads your way soon.

Doing good on my eating moderation for the last few days. Got to stick to the plan.....

Corinna T 10-10-2018 03:46 PM

Went for a nice walk yesterday. Got a neighbor a few miles away that sells fresh free range eggs. So took a walk over there to get a dozen. Will have to try them out later this week.

Today took a nice walk around a reservoir. The weather was beautiful.

Tonight was not good though. Ate way too much food while watching TV. I got to stop doing that. I know better too.

Corinna T 10-13-2018 12:23 PM

Weigh-in today shows up 1.5 lbs. What?!? I am going in the wrong direction!!! Hope you do better than me.

Rainy here today, but I did get a short walk to church in the rain and then some time on my elliptical. Little steps.