Old 07-10-2018, 11:15 AM   #16  

Morning all.

Dee - My bf had developed a sweet tooth over the past several years, but he still seems able to forget it's in the house....unlike me. How did the walking challenge go??

Ceej - Glad you had a nice Fourth. I like the photo of the lead singer of 3DN. Lookin' good. Someday you'll only have to drive yourself around...

Happy - I'm glad you got out on the boat!!! And if you had the same nice weather we had over the weekend, I envy you being out in nature - real nature. == Your mom knows she's got you two to do all the planning and work, all she has to do is push back every once in a while so you think she's not a pushover.

Susie - You must really be looking forward to your vacation!!! == Only three more work days to go!!

Annie - Sounds like you had a fabulous vacation!!! And you lost 6 pounds - you're awesome! Yes, I'm sure it feels almost restful to be back in the office, lolol. I do have a major weeding project up here if you feel like you're missing that..

Hellos to Shad!!
==
Nothing much to report. Saturday I went cycling on a trail that goes through the forest preserve which includes some lagoons and other small bodies of water and saw people boating and fishing. I went up to the botanic garden, where this particular trail ends and meets with another one. Then back home again. My backside is still sore from that, stupid seat.

On Sunday I went to the fc and did the recumbent and my mat work. I should have done some strength training yesterday at home, but nope. I did one set of knee pushups and that was it. I have to double check, but I think tonight is the rain date for the concert in the part that got rained out last month, so I might skip the fc tonight to go to that.

That's about it. I've got a ton of work to do, so if I'm scarce this week you know why. Time to post and get back to it!

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:23 AM   #17  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning all thine chickies...

Last night was leftover night....Zuke lasagna or veggie soup or chicken alfredo or ..... Happy to day we only have one serving of alfredo left and a huge container of soup. I am working on the soup. It is quite tasty. Glad is stores well. Not much going on around the house. Did a load of towels, funny how those things go so fast and need washed. That is only C and me towels. Sam does has/does their own towels. Yes the laundry machines are going constantly. A house in our addition got broken into yesterday during the day. So now along with ADT system I am researching door locks and such to ramp up our safety. (Mostly locking ourselves out of the house ) I have trust issues with most everything/body in life to some degree so this is not setting well with me. On a brighter note...65 days till vacation. Oh yeah. Surfside beach SC here we come.

LAURA...good for you cycling around town....sounds very close to exercise to me, just sayin'.

SUSIE...have a great vacation!

SHADDIE...glad you made it back but now your are sick. Are you taking zinc daily? Get to it.

HAPPY...oh so glad you finally got out on the boat. I love sunning on the lake in a boat. You lucky dog.

DEE...I finally quit setting goals, I would not make them and then be miserable with myself. The only goal I have stuck with is Keto. It is easier to keep trying to lose than to maintain. Maintaining is another story. Goodluck with your fitbit challenges.

CEEG...ohhhhh. 3DN, they were my VERY first concert ever. I was 13 years old. I still love them. Would have loved to seen them with you.

That is all for me....make it a great hump day/night.

Love and hugs all.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Niece is getting ready to go to work and after I take her to work i'm going to the gym
Spent the night at my house last night and drove back to Branson this morning. I will be glad to get my life back to my normal
Went home yesterday because I was having home internet installed. I also have basic cable which is enough for me.
I wil check back in later when Iget back from shopping and the gym.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:09 PM   #19  
Annie - Indiana

Happy Birthday Laura!!! On July the 6th. A little late here but my card you got snail mail covered it. Hope you celebrated just the way you wanted. Hugs.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:39 PM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

Finally have a little breathing space. I'm actually eating lunch today and not working while I'm doing it. It takes a lot of work to get ready to leave work for vacation.

I have not worked out this week but I plan to get on the treadmill tonight...I hope I feel like running when I am there....right now I feel that way but I'm at work..in a dress! lol

Annie: Your vacation sounded like a lot of fun! And wow, that is a good weight los! You did great lady! I am thinking about getting a chair massage a couple times a month or even once a week...I carry a lot of stress in my shoulders and neck. I just need to find a place that they do it for under $20. I can afford it weekly if I do one a week and it's $20 or under.

Ceejay: I saw the pictures at the 3 dog night show. It looked like everyone was having fun. I love that sort of thing....I LOVE music.

Happy: So much going on with your mother...I hope it gets sorted soon!

Laura: What sort of concert is at the FC? You are doing very well with you exercise. do you find you have more energy?

Shad: Are you feeling any better?

Dee: You are getting in a lot of daily steps! You must be feeling a lot better!

Ok...I better get back to work.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:20 PM   #21  

I did get my work out completed this morning and feel better for it. Rode the bike this morning instead of walking.
Will be going home tomorrow after the niece takes the dog to get his claws trimmed.

Susie
Good for you intaking some vacation time. We did have a lot of fun at the concert the other night.

Annie
I've been researching the keto diet. I need a healthy way to eat not to just be on a diet all my life.

Happy
Have I missed your post.?

Hello's to Dee and Shad
Old 07-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #22  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning,

It's raining hard here so the internet and phone are super slow. Internet keeps hanging and i've lost my post twice already. Back later.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:20 PM   #23  

Going home this afternoon. Waiting on niece to wake up to see if I need to take her some where before in head back.
Sis has been having episodes of tonsillitis and was sick yesterday when she came home. Didn't feel well this morning but she did go to work. Just in case I slept on my air mattress last night.
My nephews house sold so they put in an offer on th "mansion". Supposed to go see it this weekend
That is about it for me.
have a good week end
Old 07-12-2018, 01:34 PM   #24  
Annie - Indiana

Mercy....almost forgot to post. Not much to say tho. Went to my 40th class reunion committee meeting last night. Didn't get home until 10 pm. Lil late for me. We have found about 250 people from our 700 graduating class. Doesn't look like we will be getting everyone or even close. Sadly our list of students has all landline phone numbers and are disconnected. That is where we are running into problems. I made BLT wraps for dinner before I left for meeting. Also threw together a salad. It was quite tasty and had been a while since we had BLTs.

CEEG...safe travels home girl. Do let us know what the nephew's new house they are bidding on looks like. Seems to be a lot of house. Yikes I wouldn't want to clean it. Hugs to your sister--feel better.

HAPPY...hope you are not flooding up there. We could use some of your rain. Things are really dry down here. At least in my neck of the woods. Seems to rain all around us but not in the 3 miles radius of our house. We have been watering the garden every day.

SUSIE...Vacay time!! Yahoo! Enjoy yourself.

Hello to the rest of ya's. Hugs
Old 07-13-2018, 10:30 AM   #25  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

We still have light rain and the internet is still slow. Not sure if it's my computer slowly dying or the internet itself. Pain in the neck it is... I have a sinking feeling I am on very borrowed time with my computer - can it really be over 8 years old? Maybe... I think I got it in Tennessee. I am NOT looking forward to transferring everything over and learning Windows 10. But I need to do something before it's completely dead...

Picked up peaches from the Georgia peach truck on Monday. They are at the peak of ripeness and delicious today. I bought 2, twenty five pound boxes. Giving away one box a couple of peaches at a time to friends and I need to figure out what to do with the rest of the other box. I can put a bunch in the refrigerator. Once ripened they will hold up for about 10 days there. Still too many to eat so I think I might make a pie and some peach freezer jam. I sure do wish I could make some peach salsa and freeze it for convenience but I have to can it because thawed peaches are only good for smoothies as they get mushy when thawed. I just looked it up and I can do the easier water bath for salsa so maybe I will do that. I like fruit salsas with chicken or fish. The problem is finding the time to do it. My week has been taken up with battling a person at the thrift store that was telling lies about me wasting money with the company credit card - that's the thanks I get for all my hard work. The director of the Senior Center is leaving today - she took another job. There were loose strings to wrap up - information to get and projects to get settled before she leaves. I went to the doctor last week and she sent my meds to the local pharmacy instead of mail order as they should be and it's like pulling teeth to get my prescriptions transferred - spent far more time and phone calls on that then I ever should have. It seems like there is always something to do and no time for house cleaning or exercising which should be my 2 biggest priorities. Right now I am waiting on a call from the receptionist to see if I can get in to see the director to find out how she updates the senior center website. Then we signed up for lunch at noon and I will have to stop by and pick up my new key to the center - they changed the locks just as protocol. At 1 I have a 30 minute appointment. We have dinner at 5:30 at our favorite Italian restaurant because we found out when we were there last week the owners are taking jobs in England for 2 years - they are making a big sacrifice for the overall good of the family which is very touching. We wanted to say goodbye before they took off next week. Tomorrow I have to work a summer fundraiser for the Humane Society. Monday I have an appointment to tour the senior living facility and I need to talk with my sister whom I hope will have a chance to check out the place by her so we can decide on Mom. There is a lot of commotion at the Thrift Store which I am trying very hard to stay very distanced from. As for the Senior Center there will be chaos after the director leaves but I don't think that will affect me much. As for bingo we have a family that has sort of bullied their way in that there are a fair amount of players. They have been loud and obnoxious and annoyed many of the other players with their yelling and carrying on. One of their family is also our bingo caller. Whenever we have called them out on their bad behavior they threaten to stop coming to bingo - they think they alone have the ability to shut the place down. Since we volunteer at bingo, the workers receive one free meal - the caller was reported by the kitchen to ordering several meals and drinks for his family. They had a talk with him and all of a sudden the next week he could not work the full night. He came an hour before closing which put an extra strain on us. I put out a call for help and this nice guy stepped forward to help us. Which was good because last week none of them including the bingo caller bothered to show up. He never called to say he wasn't coming in. The same thing happened last night although we didn't have the extra new guy because his wife had surgery. We found out the family got mad because they didn't win the big jackpot - they do spend alot of money on bingo but it's random and some luck as to who wins so it's nothing we can control. They got mad, told someone they are not coming back and we can find a new caller too. Which was really kind of crappy podunk behavior. I'm happy to say that without them it's not as tense in the bingo room, people got along fine, we managed with short staff and we still made decent money. Still need to find a couple of someones to occasionally help us out because even with the new guy none of us can really take a night off.

Annie - you had a graduating class even larger than mine (632). You won't find everyone. Classmates.com is a good reference. In our case when they did the 25th reunion many people stayed in the city or letters went to their childhood homes where the parents still resided. Not the case when you are looking at a 40th. I hope through word of mouth you can contact as many people as possible. We are not flooding here - at least not by me but nearby they are having issues. Right now it's muggy and humid. Ugh. Congrats on your weight loss. It's good to hear that the keto has such positive effects. I'm sure your fasting style is also helping with the weight loss. Sometimes I can do that and other times, I'm just plain hungry more than once a day. I hope you can stick with it as you feel so much better about it. That's a bummer that you have to look into home security. Ours is called 3 guns in the house. We are fortunate but no place is immune sadly today.

Ceejay - I hope your sister doesn't need her tonsils out. That's a hard surgery when you're older I hear. Hope you can take a few days off at home. Is Miley travelling with you? Will you get to see "the mansion" ?

Susie - you are so right about alot of work to get some time off I think it's actually more work than if you were just working straight on. I hope you have a wonderful vacation - you certainly deserve it and good weather too!!!

Laura Laura. I am soooo embarrassed. Happy belated birthday. I didn't check my wall calendar and I haven't been checking here as much as I should. I hope you had a good birthday - I feel ashamed because you are so good with birthdays. Are you being innundated with work right now? Supposed to be a bit relaxed so you can enjoy some of the summer heat and humidity

I need to get rolling and get a few things done here before I head off for lunch so I'm going to make this a short one.

Hello to Shad and Dee - hope you are over your cold and feeling better now Shad. Have a good weekend everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:11 AM   #26  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning...

Alive and no bones broken. I took a spill rolling in the waste dumpster at home last night. The sidewalk was not my friend. Bruised and swollen fingers on both hands, wrist, elbow and side of my hand. What a clutz. What the heck. Hit a rock with the dumpster and it dumped me. lol. Slightly laughing now, but not much. Had the last of the leftover veggie soup for dinner and went to bed at 8. I was so tired. Glad today is a half day to get errands done and recoop this body.

HAPPY...How juvenile of that family and bingo. I mean did they think you purposely called their numbers so they could win? Sheese. Self centered brats. The peaches sound delish, but sounds like more work for you when you don't already have enough time for you. It helps that I quit making my life about food. No extra work for me. Hope you can get something figured out about momma. As stubborn as she is, you and sis have your work cut out for you. Hugs my sweet friend.

Hellos to the rest of ya's. Have a marvelous weekend. I am going to try to stay upright. Not liking kissing the concrete.

Hugs
Old 07-13-2018, 04:33 PM   #27  

Afternoon all. Payday today. Weekend in sight. I've kind of lost my oomph for the day and the week, so I thought I'd take a break and do a post.

Annie - Thank goodness you weren't more seriously injured with that fall! I hope the aches and pains ease up quickly. == What a bummer about the neighborhood break-in. All you can do is make your house more secure. Are S. and the boys around the house during the day? I should think an occupied house would be avoided by would-be thieves...and you have your watch dogs too, lol.

Happy - Wait - was this one of the weeks that was supposed to be open for you??!! You sound busier than ever lady!. Including the responsibility of dealing with 50 pounds of peaches! == Sorry to hear that the Italian restaurant is closing. Well, I assumed it's closing because the owners are leaving, but is that actually the case? Good luck to them in England. == What a PITA with those people thinking bingo is run solely for their benefit. I'm shaking my head. == Yeh, our busy time at work is heating up right now, and we have a new vendor this year that will make things a bit more challenging as they get to know us and, of course, change/shake things up to prove their worth.

Ceejay - Hope your sister's tonsils get better soon. == How's the new cable/internet?

Susie - Hope you're having a lovely vacation! == The concert was at the park, not the fc. It wasn't anybody national, just a popular local cover band. Well, they have some of their own music too. They're fun to see, and I love the people-watching.

Hellos to Shad and Dee.
==
Nothing much to report from my end. I went to the fc on Wednesday. I have a hair appointment tomorrow morning. I'll see if mom needs to go shopping. Will go to the fc on Sunday. Also want to hit the farmers market on Sunday, if I could just remember to get there.

Everyone have a great weekend. Off to post.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:43 PM   #28  

Default on the phone

It is hot. Waited till late this afternoon to start my yard work and still sweated my clothes to where I had to peel them off. I didnt realize that my niece didnt weed eat last week so that's where I started. Weed eared around the fence but still didnt get through.
My cable/internet is working very well. However, the cable wire still has not been buried.
Sis is still not feeling good, on top of the tonsils she has tummy/intestinal problems. So far I haven't had any of her symptoms.
Miley stayed at the condo. I've decided not to bring her home until I'm not needed any more.
I've decided to at least do 2 meals low carbs. tonight I made a crustless pizza in the crockpot. it satisfied my craving for pizza.
phone is getting low.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:14 PM   #29  

Finally found my way to this thread through the back door so to speak. This thread is not on my phone or laptop.
Nothing exciting has happened. Went to church this morning.
More later.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:40 AM   #30  
Annie - Indiana

Happy Monday...Not feeling the best today...just kind of out of sorts.

Yesterday was kind of a complete waste. Didn't go to church. Got up late and then was just blah. Probably the devil monkeying with me and surely needed church. Anyway, I took my shower, got dressed and fixed hair. No make up. Didn't even go out of the house. Allergies which do not normally bother me in the least as far itchy eyes etc, went nuts. Itchy eyes like I was around cats or something. Head ache, etc. Finally broke down and took an allergy pill this morning and used allergy eye drops, all over the counter. A bit better but not feeling it. Whine Whine whine, thank you Lord I woke up today and grateful for a smooth drive in and my job. Amen.

I did make some keto zucchini bread. Good but kind of almond floury. Tasted great in small doses. Also made keto chicken eggplant parmesan. Very very good. C ate three helpings and said to add it to my regular meals. Ha, I got the eggplant free from a friend out of their garden. There are 3 servings and hope to have it tonight.

Body parts are healing well. One finger and arm still a bit sore and real ugly looking. Just feel achy today.

CEEG...guess the site probs you had were at your end. When do you think you will be done with niece and can stay home?

LAURA...Yes Sam and the boys are there during the day. However these thieves are so brave anymore they don't care. They just invade and tie up or kill then steal your stuff. Ridiculous. Did you get anything good at the farmer's market?

Hello to the rest of you. Make it a great Monday/night. Hugs