Old 06-04-2018, 07:36 PM   #16  

Good evening. It was sunny and hot today and that looks like our forecast for the forseeable future. Jack is watching the baseball draft. So, I am just trying to find something to do until I go upstairs early and watch tv up there.

I bought this body creme to try. It’s like that expensive crepe erase they sell on tv but costs about 1/3 as much. Don’t know about the smell. It’s lime cupcake. I can’t seem to keep my skin hydrated enough, but I am lax at doing it sometimes.

I sat and worked on my budget for the rest of the year. I forgot about turning 65 in Sept and having to quarterly pay my medicare until I turn 66 and file for SS so had to go back and add that in. Sheesh it’s always something. I’m glad I am done with that for another 6 months.

Jack hung up my plaque of Thomas’s graduation picture right above my computer so I get to look at him every time I sit there. He’s got a busy summer as usual. Then off to college this fall. We’re going to try and work in lunch with him before he goes back to school.

Jean: Hopefully you can get you fridge situation all figured out. I fixed pork chops and hash browns and salad for dinner. Anything not to heat up the kitchen too much. We have a Baskin Robbins packaging place here. It’s not open to the public. Blue Bunny has some great flavors. I quit watching local news or reading the paper and thought I’d check it out yesterday. Three shootings and various other crimes. Did I tell you that when we were loading up the scooter a couple weeks ago I found a spent bullet casing in front of our garage? Lord knows where that came from. Jack got threatened a week ago when he ask this creep to move his car from in front of our garage. Jack just called the police, but they took off before he got here. The cop told him to be careful as people were unpredictable. No kidding!!

Well, have a good evening.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:16 PM   #17  

Good Morning! The sun is shining and it has been a beautiful morning. We are supposed to hit mid 90s this afternoon so the house is shut up, west bedroom shade is down and the air conditioner set to come on as the sun moves around. We picked out a different refrigerator this morning and it will be delivered tomorrow. I stopped by the grocery store on my way home, without a list which was really dumb. I knew I wanted some hamburger to make a meatloaf tomorrow and found a few other things along the way. Prices seem to have gone up again!

“Gma,” let me know how you like your new body crime. My skin is dry too, especially around my eyes. I am noticing that dryness more now than before my cataract surgery. We had a short quiz after the Blue Bunny presentation yesterday. There are 80 different flavors that they make. Several gals mentioned they wished B.B. would make peppermint year around. Me too! Finding a bullet casing would be more than a little unnerving! That’s another reason we don’t look at the car beside us at stop lights. You just never know; the Chicago bl**ks all seem to carry guns, legal or not.

Bob will soon be home for lunch. I bought one of the Dole salads that have everything included including the dressing. I am anxious to try it. This afternoon I need to dust and vacuum; will have to vacuum the basement because the guys will hook up the ice maker when they bring the refrigerator tomorrow. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Tuesday!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:01 AM   #18  

Good morning to you all. Well, Jack changed out my mouse and so things seem to be working better on my pc. I still have a bit of sluggishness with typed letters catching up from time to time, but overall it does seem to be better.

Jack left half an hour ago for his dentist appointment to see about a crown for that tooth. I imagine it is going to cost a mint as it is a front tooth. We shall see I guess. The endodontist said if within a couple weeks he starts having trouble than more than likely they would have to pull the tooth because the nerve died completely. He hasn't had a bit of trouble so guess it took as it was 3 weeks ago. Guess he will find out today.

When he gets home we are taking the car to the self car wash and getting all the bugs and such washed off. We can't go through a car wash because of the lift on back and the outside faucet is a long ways away from where we can wash it ourselves at home. Jack went by it this morning to see what kind of money it takes and since it takes ones and quarters we are good to go. I still have a plastic bag with a roll of quarters and loose ones in the cabinet from our cruise last year. We went to the laundromat before we came home and did up all the cruise laundry. They have a vacuum that takes quarters so we are good to go with that too.

I cleaned bathrooms yesterday and we had sloppy joes for dinner last night with tater tots. Since Jack is home today I am fixing rolled tacos and Spanish rice for dinner tonight. I do the rice and he pretty much fixes the tacos.

Jean: I got a big laugh as you said to let you know how I liked the body crime! It made me think of those murder programs on the ID channel. Wow, that's an idea for a tv show, murder by lotion!! Seriously, I'll let you know. I do go around smelling like key lime pie though. I also bought this mascara wand thing to try and get my eyelashes to grow. I don't have much and what is there is very light. I use a lot of mascara on them, but one eye hardly has any lashes and neither eye has much lower lashes at all. I put it on everyday just like mascara so we shall see if that works. I don't mind looking like a 65 yr old, I just don't want dry skin. I get lazy about doing it everyday though and I have to be more diligent about it and my feet. I sure hope this refrigerator feeds your needs. It isn't like switching out a toaster or something. Pretty much everyone here carries a gun I think. A certain group does it to shoot people and the rednecks do it for hunting. I won't have one in my house. I have an intruder I will beat him over the head with my cane!!

Everybody have a great Wednesday. I am off to gather up stuff to clean the leather and stuff inside the car.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:35 AM   #19  

Happy Wednesday! The guys are here with my second new refrigerator and I am so excited to try out the ice maker since I have never had one before. More than one person (Bob and Jason) have told me they are an insurance man’s nightmare. It is cloudy today; we have rain in the forecast but the tv weather map shows it going around us. Bob mowed yesterday and watered flowers.

“Gma,” having a front tooth worked on sounds like hurt. I hope Jack can get by without a root canal. Love it when the iPad spells for me! Well, you are using crime instead of creme! The skin around my eyes is super dry and I’ve tried so many different products. Sometimes, more often than not, I feel like I look like an OLD hag! My eye area is sensitive and sometimes whatever I put on stings, so into the garbage it goes. A waste of money and I don’t know if I could donate them or not, probably not. Our church collects hotel samples to give away, and now a lot of them are using dispensers mounted on the wall. Fine with me!

When the guys are finished with the refrigerator I will haul stuff back up from the basement. Nothing really planned for the rest of the day except maybe a closet which needs attention. Hope you all enjoy a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 06-07-2018, 06:16 PM   #20  

Good Afternoon! We had sunshine this morning but it has clouded over this afternoon. It’s not that hot but feels humid and sticky; I shut the windows and turned the air back on. The weatherman said the weekend will be scattered thunderstorms; we’re going to try and second guess the weather for Ian’s games tomorrow and/or Saturday. I ran some errands this morning and spent too much money. I’ve been looking for a pair of small silver hoop type earrings ever since the hinge broke on my one and only pair. I am not a large sized earring person and that seems to be what is available these days. After my stop at WM, where they continue to rearrange stuff and no longer carry some things I use, I found a parking spot in front of my favorite jewelry store! Lo and behold, in their massive catalog they had just what I was looking for! Right next door is an expensive women’s clothing store with a “buy one, second one half price” sale going on. Of course I had to go in and look; found two pair of slacks and two tops. Still not cheap but better than paying full price and I’m sure they still made big bucks on the sale! This afternoon I called the Sioux City newspaper to complain about the outrageous price for the years subscription. Come to find out we didn’t get credit for the two weeks we were in Maui, nor the thirteen missed papers. I’m sure there were more but in the end we got $35 off the price plus a six week extension. The cost is still way out of line imo, but we both like the area news we don’t get online. I also went to get my glasses adjusted so one side isn’t always smudged with my cheek that must happen when I smile. The office has a huge hole in the wall where someone drove into it. They were open at the time and the gal helping me said it was very scary.

THe sun just came out again. I have WM treasures to put away then towels in the dryer to fold and put away. Hope you all enjoy a nice evening!
Old 06-08-2018, 02:34 PM   #21  

Good afternoon. I went out early and did a thorough cleaning of the inside of the car including doing all the leather so it doesn't dry out. It was hot work even being very early in the morning. We will get the bugs washed off the car tomorrow.

Watching the baseball game, but it isn't looking too good early. The pitcher has screwed up early. Ahh well.

I went yesterday and got my nails and toes done and dropped off a box of two pair of shoes that were too tight over the instep. Too bad they didn't have wides because they were cute sandals.

Jean: I love having an ice maker. My one suggestion is if you are going to be gone over a day. remember to turn it off or you'll have ice all over your freezer! I can see having leaks in the copper pipe that runs from the water to the freezer, but we have never had any problems with any of our fridges that had ice makers. Maybe we have just been lucky. I mailed the boys their birthday money. Jackson turns 11 on Sunday and Thomas will be 18 towards the end of the month. I sent his to him early because he is going to be in New Mexico with the boy scouts over his birthday. He said they are going to do an 80 mile hike if I remember right. Ugh, can you imagine hiking in New Mexico in June for 80 miles??? He said his Eagle ceremony will be in the fall so will have to do something nice for him. That is a pretty big accomplishment. I am a sucker for those bogo or half off stuff. I have a ton of clothes, shoes, and handbags and I don't need even one more shoe, but I find something I like and whoops, there you go! I told the gal that works the phones at the plant that when I clean out my bags this fall I will box them up and she can have whatever she wants. I am putting the one that smells like marijuana in there so don't know what she will think of that. I am finding it hard to find bags that don't have that sipper pocket down the middle of the bag and I don't like that. I am more your dump everything in kind of gal.

Well looks like the Cubs have come alive so going to go and watch the game. Have a great weekend.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:13 PM   #22  

Talking

Happy Saturday! The sun is shining and it it supposed to be in the mid 90s this afternoon. The extent of my morning effort has been two loads of laundry and to get dressed. I need to dust and vacuum next. We went to Ian’s 3:00 baseball game yesterday. It was the first of three tournament games, two being back to back this evening. They did so well last year but for some reason just can’t get it together this year yet, 0-3 record. Ian had some good plays and batted a runner home. It is a home game next week so maybe be that will help. Even though it was further away we were home earlier than usual which was nice. It is a sad time at Beth’s House as they had to put Fred, their dog down, last night. He had a twisted stomach with a 50/50 chance of surviving surgery at 13/14 years old. Never easy that’s for sure.

“Gma,” Bob just finished cleaning the bugs off my car, then going through the car wash. SD doesn’t spray along the roads like Iowa does, so we always come home buggy. I had a dump kind of purse once and never could find what I was looking for when I was in a hurry. I went back to my zippered bag for lipstick, nail file, etc. I always manage to find things to stash in the different pockets. I do have to have an outside pocket for my car key/fob.

My dryer is buzzing so need to keep moving. Hope you all enjoy a nice day!

Last edited by Jean; 06-09-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:17 PM   #23  

Good Morning! I will try this again! For some reason my keyboard stuck and typed a row of gobbledygook, then froze. So the message #2 that was deleted was mine. It is cloudy, windy, and much cooler this morning. We got .03” of rain early but we could use a little more. Not much planned for the day except to clear off the counter and unload the dishwasher. I could go to the basement then dust, vacuum, and sort through a box or two. That doesn’t sound fun.

I’m off to accomplish something! Hope you all enjoy a nice Sunday!
Old 06-11-2018, 01:31 PM   #24  

Good afternoon. Hot, hot, hot here again today. We are supposed to get some rain tomorrow but it’s not going to cool anything off.

I should get my scentsy discs today. I use them in my car, but I also tape them in the lid of my trash can in the kitchen. They help with any kind of smelly stuff that goes in there. They last quite awhile taped in my trash lid.

I unloaded the dishwasher and did a load of laundry and folded it, but nothing else today. I’m having a lot of trouble with my knee and leg. It is very sore and crampy and makes it hard to get around.

Jean: Poor Ian. It has to be tough to lose all three. Oh no, Fred was so cute. The family has to be so sad. Jack ended up having to get me an old mouse as the new one that came with the computer has never wrked right and imo neither does the keyboard. It drives me nuts.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:33 AM   #25  

Good Morning! It’s cloudy and cool here this morning. I have laundry waiting and need to vacuum first thing. We are setting up tables right after lunch for tonight’s “hoopla” P.E.O. meeting. I was hoping to do the clean-up while others put on the business part of the meeting. Somehow, I don’t think that will happen. There are some who like to socialize and drag out the meeting.

“Gma,” are the Scentsy discs the same thing you can use in the warmers? Every time I go to Bob’s office the gal agent has a new scent in her office and I end up ordering it from her mom. I have enough to start my own store! Both Beth and Amanda have friends who sell and they give me even more. On a better pet note, Zowie is now the proud “parent” of two kittens. They are so cute and she is beyond ecstatic! She sometimes is home alone so they are so much company for her. I hope your new old mouse works better for you.

Not much else happening here today, and I need to get busy! Hope you all enjoy a terrific Tuesday!
Old 06-13-2018, 01:36 PM   #26  

Good afternoon. Hot and hazy today at our house. We are supposed to get rain, but haven’t seen a drop. I did morning chores and a load of laundry but that’s about it today. I have been having trouble with the muscles behind my bad knee. They are really tight and sore to walk so I am gimping around.

After contacting corporate, TX attorney general, and BBB and making a complaint Zales called the next day. She tells me she processed my refund but it may take 30 days to refund to my credit card and she is mailing me $100 gift card besides. Those jerks sent me an egift card for my refund amount instead of my refund. I want my money back not a gift card and being forced to buy more stuff. I am furious but can’t do anything because they gave me the amount back. I am closing my credit card account and I will never buy from them after spending the gift card(s.)

Guess I’ll make hash and biscuits for dinner tonight. Hopefully I can fit the biscuits in my little convection oven so it won’t heat up the house.

I am watching First 48 and it is Miami. Boy what wussy police officers. The weather is rainy and windy and like 65 degrees and they’re saying it’s freezing. They put their lives on the line but a little cool weather and they’re sunk.

Jean: What did she name her kittens? No, I bought the paper discs that hang in your car. I put a couple in the car this morning that are pineapple coconut and they smell good. I also have wax melts in my living and bedroom area. You’d think they could socialize and clean up at the same time. I fell asleep in the recliner this morning and had this weird dream about someone stealing my handbag and front basket off my scooter while I was driving it. I woke up and for a minute, thought someone had.

Everyone have a good middle of the week.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:43 PM   #27  

Good evening! It has been a strange day for weather starting with sunshine, then clouds, back to sunshine, and cooler but a little humid. Now it is spitting rain drops; we could use a good rain. Today was my lunch bunch. We always have the same waitress and her husband is a volunteer fireman. He had just responded to a call where a young (40ish) man was killed at a country railroad crossing. There are no crossing bars nor warning lights. He was talking on his cell phone and the other person heard the crash and called 911. He leaves a wife and two young children. I wish they would outlaw talking on cell phones in cars! There must be some way manufacturers of either phones or vehicles could put a glitch in the system so they wouldn’t work in a moving vehicle. I can’t put an address in the gps if Bob is driving so that is possible I would think. I’ve done a load of laundry and that is my effort for the day!

“Gma,” it will be interesting to see how long it takes for your gift card to arrive. With smart computers they should be able to credit your account within 2 hours at least! When we visited Florida a few years ago Bob would walk in the mornings wearing shorts and t-shirt. The natives would be out starting cars to warm up before leaving for work and it was 68 degrees! Bob visited with one guy who was putting garbage out and had an Iowa plate on his car. They both had a good laugh about that. Zowie named the black kitten Jinx and the black and white one is Alfie. I’m hoping to go early enough to meet them before tomorrow’s game. Last night I was home an hour earlier than I had told Bob I was hoping for time wise. Our president had to get the meeting going and she was all business. I was helping wash cups and silverware so we finished that and went into the meeting late. All that was left was to fold table cloths and haul stuff to the cars. I slept good last night! I hate bad dreams! Bob scared me to death the other night because he started yelling. I nudged him and he just kept yelling. I finally shook him and he woke up enough to turn over. Of course I was wide awake then. The next morning he said he dreamt he was locked in a cell and no one would let him out.

I have a load of towels to fold and put away then I will play a couple games on the iPad before I go to bed and read. Enjoy a nice evening!
Old 06-16-2018, 07:34 AM   #28  

Good morning! Going to be another scorcher for us today. We plan on getting out and getting the car washed early this morning before it gets too hot since we didn’t get it done last weekend.

I have this fancy wifi ear bud that I wear to listen to audio books, etc and it has come up missing. It has it’s own little charging station that is magnetic but went to get it day before yesterday and it was gone. We looked all over for it and I’m afraid I might have fallen asleep and it fell out of my ear and into the recliner. I just ordered a new one and hopefully sooner or later it will shake loose.

This is grocery weekend but we are just going to WM and Fresh Market. We haven’t been out to the commissary in several weeks now, but I just don’t feel like going clear out there this weekend. Yes, we spend more in town, but the commissary doesn’t always have what I want.

My grandson called me a couple days ago to thank me for his birthday money. I ask him what he was doing and he said he was relaxing. We talked a bit and he said they were on their way to Chicago to catch a plane. They went to Mexico to see her dad. I told him to have fun and not eat any funny meat. I guess he had cow testicles a few years back.

Jean: Hope you enjoyed your visit with the “grandkittens.” They are cute. Jack talks in his sleep a lot. Now that we have the sleep number adjustable bed he has quit snoring and sometimes he’s so quiet it scares me and I check to make sure he’s breathing. Glad your meeting went well. I would gladly move to Florida if it didn’t mean starting over, etc. I love it down there. We have hands free phones in our cars, but I only use it if necessary and then I pull over. I think the texting is out of control. I saw this nitwit on the interstate awhile back putting on makeup and texting while she was driving! They’re idiots. If we are driving and I am a passenger and go to use my Iphone it’ll saying something about not being able to use it while car is in gear and you have to telll it you’re not driving. They’re nice to have in emergencies, but idiots use them to entertain themselves while driving.

Have a nice weekend.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:08 PM   #29  

Happy Saturday! We hit 97 this afternoon and windy as usual. I’m glad the air conditioner is humming along merrily! I’ve done a couple loads of laundry, baked potatoes, fixed fresh green beans, and fresh strawberries for lunch. Bob grilled steaks. Otherwise it’s been a ho hum kind of day; I have boxes of stuff taking up space, in the living room, from the cupboard above the refrigerator. I would like to go through them because there are candles and plastic holiday dishes I could get rid of. I could also polish the silver pieces that I never use but then again not! I saw on FB that McDonalds is going to have locked restrooms and the code to get into them is on your receipt. I wonder how that will go over. I used to take the kids there first to at least wash hands before we ate.

“Gma,” the grandkittens are so cute! I told Bob that Ernie needs a kitten to liven up his life. I’ve never had any messages on my phone nor iPad when Bob is driving. I do wish the phone speaker was in the middle rather than on the driver’s side. If he changes lanes or goes over the lines a tiny bit, the car tells him he needs to take a rest! If it happens again in a short amount of time it says he needs a cup of coffee. We see texting all the time on the interstate, going 80+ mph, on our trips to Sioux Falls. Makes me because I will probably end up in an accident someday because of some idiot texting. I rarely get calls when I’m driving and it surprises me. You will probably find your ear bud after you get the new one. Did you get your gift card yet?

I have laundry to take upstairs and put away. Also have to make the bed before I can crawl in later. I always change sheets on Saturday because my mom and grandma did. My mom said it was because everyone had a Saturday night bath so they were clean for church on Sunday. Anyhow, enjoy your evening!

Last edited by Jean; 06-16-2018 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:31 PM   #30  

Happy Father’s Day! (even though none of us are fathers!) The weather can’t decide what to do today; it’s warm and humid with a slight breeze, and intermittent sunshine too. We are supposed to be getting rain later today and we need it. Our grass is beginning to turn brown. We went to church this morning mainly because there was a birthday coffee for an 85 year old man who has Alzheimer’s. They just moved into the independent living part of our retirement facility but he obviously has some major issues going on. He had no clue who we were when we went through the reception line. He kept wanting to put a dollar bill in his card basket and didn’t understand the chairs were for him and his wife if they got tired standing. He would turn with his back to people and she kept trying to keep him in place. Sad to see for sure. Otherwise it’s a quiet day here. Tomorrow is church counting and a check in at the gift shop to make sure the volunteer showed up. Ian has his first home game tomorrow night but they are supposed to have rain so will see what the weather is doing before we leave. Have a nice rest of the day and your evening!

Last edited by Jean; 06-17-2018 at 04:31 PM.