Old 06-19-2018, 02:57 PM   #31  

Good afternoon. A smidge cooler today by about 5 degrees. Am watching the Cubs game but our pitcher stinks. I turned off the sound. Iím going out in a bit and put together a lasagna for dinner. I just make a small one just enough for two. Jackís excited as we havenít had any in a long time.

My niece called me and my nephew passed away. It is so sad. His mother was my oldest sister that died last year. I know he missed his mom so very much. He and I got along like gangbusters. We sat and talked for about an hour at his momís funeral and at that time he looked so great. I remember the day he was born. I used to sit for him a lot. He was 52. Gonna miss him a lot.

Saturday we washed the car and Sunday got groceries. We goofed and went out to breakfast. Ugh, gotta remember not to do that on Fatherís Day. It was quiet for us. I had bought Jack a big rolling toolchest for Fatherís Day so hopefully heíll keep them organized.

Yesterday I did absolutely nothing except a small load of laundry. Today I did laundry, my daily chores and cleaned and cut up fresh fruit. I think weíll have strawberry shortcake for dinner.

Jean: I can imagine how sad it is. Sometimes it can be extremely difficult to care for someone with the disease. I am sure the person gets frustrated not understanding whatís going on with them or not remembering.

Everyone have a good afternoon.

Last edited by gma22; 06-20-2018 at 08:29 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:25 PM   #32  

Talking

Good Morning! Itís a cool 63 degrees here and raining. We had rain yesterday and scattered rain/thunderstorms are in the forecast through the weekend. Bob is planning on a tractor ride Saturday, says he will wear his rain suit if he has to. Thatís ok as long as it isnít lighting! They will be traveling the western hills along the Iowa and South Dakota border which is pretty territory. He says that traveling so slow you see things along the way that otherwise you would never notice. He grew up over there so knows the area pretty well. So far I have a load of clothes in the washer and another pile to take upstairs and put away.

ĒGma,Ē for some reason this looks weird this morning. My sympathy about your nephewís death! How sad for your family. He was much too young! Yesterday, at church, there was a note on the secretaryís desk to put the couple on the prayer list as she has multiple myeloma. The bad/sad part is that none of their children live close by. It just reminds me to be thankful for our blessings everyday!

I need to get busy and get something done. Our Good Will wonít take luggage unless there are clothes inside. After many trips to Maui, and seeing another piece of luggage arrive in pieces, I decided it was time to invest in a new piece, so I need to do some more clothes sorting! Hope you enjoy a wonderful Wednesday!

Last edited by Jean; 06-20-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:32 AM   #33  

Good morning. It is pouring dwn rain here this morning and looks like we have a few more days of this. We can use some rain though.

Iíve been sitting here thinking about my nephew this morning. I used to babysit him a lot as he was born when I was in jr high. He was a rambunctious kid getting into everything. I remember he and his brother shared a room and had bunkbeds. He was goofing off fell off and broke his arm. Guess he was 7 or so. He loved the band KISS and he and his brother in law dressed up as KISS one Halloween. It was a riot. Gonna miss him a lot. He was a sweet man.

I am going to have to curb letting Jack watch tv cooking shows. I told him I had sweetened the strawberries and left them in fridge to develop juice. He piped up with, you macerated them? He keeps me hoppiní Iíll say that for him.

Jean: I have to say our duffel luggage has held up really well over the years. Itís too big to take on flights, but they get thrown around on cruises for sure. Wonder why they wonít take luggage? I usually give all my stuff to Salvation Army but have never tried luggage. I know they now wonít take anything but flat screen tvs. Hope skies clear up and Bob has a good ride. I would think your butt would get sore riding long distances on those older tractors.

Everyone have a good Thursday.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote