3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   2018 - Round Two for the Worldly Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/315308-2018-round-two-worldly-chicks.html)

happy2bme 04-02-2018 11:16 AM

2018 - Round Two for the Worldly Chicks

Another 3 months have rolled by - figured it was time to start a new thread. Not very creative on titles though. Doesn't really matter - not much activity on this forum so should be easy enough to find us.

First things - link back to the last thread

I'll come back to post after I tidy up the loose ends.

annie175 04-02-2018 11:46 AM

REPOSTING my POST from this morning on this new thread.

Good Monday Morning!

Heading off to the doctor tomorrow afternoon. Got it in my chest again. Hoping to nip it before it gets too far gone.

Easter was fabulous. Easter tacos were a huge hit. Also made the gauc which was also a huge hit. We have enough fixings leftover to make chimichangas for dinner tonight. Easy Peasy!! Both the boys were so excited about the Easter bunny. Kept saying the could see some eggs hidden already in the yard through the window. We hadn't even gotten that far yet. lol. When they went with their dad for a few hours we hid them then. They came home to the hunt. We only hid 18 plastic eggs. None with candy. Just dinosaurs, ninjas, stickers and money. Royce opened several of his eggs then said loudly, I hope I don't get anymore with dollars in them. Guess toys are more important.

Woke up to 2.2 inches of snow on the ground. This is not funny anymore mother nature. At least it only snowed on the grass and trees, rather pretty. None on the streets and sidewalks. I am WAY over snow and cold. Come on spring/summer.

SUSIE...very sweet of you to go with Genny once a month to her chemo. You are an awesome friend. Glad your work week can somewhat get back to the regular fast pace of normalcy. bah. I have fillings on the bottom front two teeth as they broke off on the back. Had to have them redone several times as the fillings did not stay in/on. This last time they seem to be holding up. Knock on wood. I am loving my new dentist.

SHADDIE...have fun with your visitor.

CEEG...your Easter sounded very nice. Drink more water, as if we have never heard that one before. I am guilty of not getting enough water either. I try. Probably only get about half of what I should.

HAPPY...Geez you need to be cloned for all the work you do at Bingo! Knowing you, if cloned, you would just take on ever more. Remember YOU come first. Just say no sometimes. Eh, don't answer the phone. I don't know. Something. Time to start a new quarterly thread, but you don't have to "VOLUNTEER" to do it. bah Hugs my friend.

HELLO LAURA...hope you Easter was awesome!

Hi DEE!

Hello to anyone I may have missed.

Hugs to all.

happy2bme 04-02-2018 11:48 AM

Back again,

The only trouble with starting a new thread is remembering what was on the last one.

Annie - I hope the temp crown holds up - I hate that - don't like the rough texture of the temporaries and they ALWAYS fall out on me within a day or two. Once they glued it in with so much cement that I thought they were going to dislocate my jaw getting it out again! I hope yours holds up. Sounds like you had a nice Easter with the kids. Hopefully work will be quiet.

Susie - every night I include Genny in my prayers. I have a lot of people with medical problems on the prayer list lately. You are a good friend to go with her to chemo. How exciting to go to the TOPS state thing. The lady who was trying to set up a group here (we STILL don't have enough people :( ) talked about how motivating and fun the once a year convention was. It is close to you driving wise?

Shad I hope you had good weather for your annual Easter brunch. Care to share the menu? I always like to hear about food. :D

Hello Ceejay, Laura and Dee - hope you had a good Easter too.

Thank you all for the advice on the volunteering. I am getting burned out I have to admit. We will have more people returning over the summer to the thrift shop and Humane Society so I am going to practice saying no and not stepping up to volunteer - at least for the summer. It's harder with the Senior Center because they just don't have the people to help out. And they get busier over the summer. But still I can control things. :yes:

I have the Thrift Shop this afternoon - hope it's quiet as I have to enter the month of March's sales into the spreadsheet. Hoping to do it there. Not sure if I am working alone. Thursday I go to the foot doctor - 6 months later and my foot is no better than last September when it first flared. I hope this does not mean surgery but nothing is working and I am tired of being off my feet so much.

The Easter Bunny brought us eleven and a half inches of heavy wet snow on Saturday. We never seem to get a break with nice weather for Easter. DH spent Saturday clearing, shovelling and plowing. We went to the Italian restaurant for brunch yesterday. My only complaint was that the restaurant was chilly - they have had issues with the building from the day they bought it. So the little quiche bites they had on a tray were actually cold as was the pizza on plates in the bar area. They did have warming servers and had veal scallopini, buttered spaghetti, pasta primavera, meatballs and sauce, panzenella salad and an assorted tray of antipasti - olives, cheeses, Italian cured meats and those cold quiche bites. For dessert they made fried dough bites with Nutella in them, fresh strawberries, they amazing lemon torte and for a change they added some orange flavoring and extra chocolate to their delicious tiramisu. It was a nice early lunch. I had a bit of everything but not too much. We were both tired when we came home and plopped down for a nap. I actually was shocked I slept for 3 hours. I have been feeling like round 2 of this viral cold is trying to come back and I sleep alot when I'm sick. I woke up, checked out some recipes and made a honey butter glaze for the ham I got for free from the store - we aren't big ham eaters but I had enough grocery points for a free one so DH picked one out. I popped the ham in the oven, made potato salad from the potatoes I baked the day before and then found out that the hard cooked eggs I made also the day before were not cooked enough. :( I always simmer my eggs when I cook them and I saw a recipe that said bring the pot to a boil, then cover and remove from the heat for 20 minutes. Did that and the yolk was just hard but the whites were runny - like a slightly overcooked 3 minute egg. I ruined a whole dozen eggs from the farm! :mad: I had chilled them after I cooked them so was not sure I could cook them again without issues. So no eggs in the potato salad but DH liked it anyway. He said his favorite Easter dish is potato salad :lol: Because we were eating later I lightened it up and served homemade apple sauce I made from orchard apples last fall and froze in batches and also cut up some fresh pineapple. It was a nice, light meal. The ham was juicy and not that salty tasting but the scale this morning said there was plenty of salt there.

Did you see that MyFitnessPal got hacked? I didn't realize they were a part of Under Armor.

It's about time for me to hop in the shower and get ready to head out so I'll post this for now. Happy Monday, Happy April chicks.

happy2bme 04-02-2018 11:49 AM

hah! I went to post and saw Annie's post and thought I was in the old thread so I deleted it only to find I was in the right place in the first place. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :D

Thanks for reposting Annie - it makes it easier to comment.

Laura705 04-02-2018 01:33 PM

Morning all. Hope you all had a happy Easter. Our weather wasn’t very spring-like, and we were in the 20’s this morning!! Brrr!

Annie – How did the tacos go over? == I hope your temp crowns are still holding firm. = Re learning how to use the new features on phones (and cars and other electronic things) – I’m definitely not the person to deliberately seek out all the new features, I just try to get myself back to what I had before, and if I pick up some new stuff along the way, that’s a bonus. So far, doing fine. I hate how dependent I’ve become on a cell phone though! == Did you catch up on sleep this weekend? I’m glad you go to bed when you’re tired and don’t force yourself to stay up.

Ceejay - Sounds like you were having a busy Easter weekend – how was it? == Hope the new shoes are comfortable for you.

Dee – Sounds like you had a fun time with your youngest grandson. = I consider my postings to this thread similar to my communications with my other friends – as private as I choose to keep them, to the extent they can be in a forum like this. == Typical Easter is nothing special, except maybe a nice meal out. In the Midwest, we certainly can’t plan any outdoor activities without having an indoor alternative, LOL.

Happy – Ugh, not a fun bingo night last week. :( And all that snow! Bleh. == Maybe counting your volunteer hours will help you limit your commitments.

Susie – You are busy as usual. == What a good friend to accompany Genny to her chemo appointments.

==
My weekend was decent, good having that extra day on Friday. Even if we did have to make a (pretty) quick stop at the ATT store to get the transfer of data over to my new cell phone. The phone’s working fine, have my apps mostly up and going.

Unfortunately, the exercise bike is going to be returned. BF adjusted the resistance to the point where it’s about where it needs to be for me, but now it might be so “loose”, such that something “falls” out of place and causes a scraping sound that we’re sure shouldn’t be happening. == I hope it’s not a PITA to get this thing shipped back. I’ve decided to go the old-fashioned route and visit a fitness equipment store or two and try out the bikes first=hand to see what feels right to me. In the meantime, back to my other home workouts.

Okay, getting this posted and run out for a quick lunch with what’s left of lunchtime. TTFN!

P.S. - Happy thanks for starting the new thread. Missed some of the posts, will look later if time permits!

annie175 04-03-2018 08:13 AM

Quack, QUack! Oh what a rainy, thundery, lightening morning. Neither dog would go out. Parts of Indiana are under a flash flood warning. Radio came on with the beeps and a flash flood warning. First time I actually heard a message about a warning rather than "this is a test". :) Me thinks we will go from winter to summer with no spring. We had snow again the night before last and rain during this week then possible snow again on the weekend. HELLO MOTHER NATURE....the joke is no longer funny, get over yourself. I can hear the either hard rain or pellets hitting the window in the office. It will be an interesting walk to meeting today at noon as this crap is supposed to go on all day long. I see puddle jumping and dodging in my near future. Also staying way back from the crossover walks. People/cars do not care and will splash the tar out of you.

Last night was leftover taco fixings made into chimichangas. All bragged about them. I didn't have any as I was not hungry. Had a huge salad of leftovers at lunch yesterday then a few pieces of cheese when I got home from work. Going to have the same for lunch today altho I did bring some of the chicken from the taco fest for my salad today.

I have a doc appt today to see what is going on in my chest. Probably just a cold however I am coughing up a bit of phlegm. Don't want to go through the pneumonia thing again so going to the doc as a precautionary. Feeling tired like before so I dunno.

LAURA...at least you realized the bike was not the right one for you quickly and can return it. See, the way it is for me, not any are the right bike for me. bahaha. Good you are adjusting to the new phone.

HAPPY...sorry your foot is not better. Geez what a miserable pain. Healing hugs. Bummer on the eggs. I never have probs with boiled eggs. Just probs with everything else in life. lol.

Hello to everyone. Hugs

ceejay52 04-03-2018 11:09 AM

Morning, We are in for some thunderstorms today and it's getting really dark.
I posted on the other thread b4 Happy made the new one. My Easter was really good. Didn't go to sunrise service but did go to church.
My trip to the doctor was good. They drew blood but it was too thick so I have to drink water for a week and then go back on Friday for a redraw.
Had to go to Springfield yesterday to pick up my Rx's and on the way back it got really foggy. The temperature is supposed to drop into the mid 20's tonight. Praying that it doesn't bite my tulips or peony.
Proud of my niece as she has 30 out of her 40 class room hours. Maybe by summer I will get to go home.

Happy
Hope the day is quite at the Thrift shop today so you can enter the data.

Laura
Sorry you are having to send the bike back. It's a good idea to go try some out before you buy.

Annie
I'm tired of the roller coaster weather pattern also. You've made me hungry for Mexican food.

Laura705 04-03-2018 02:55 PM

Afternoon all.

Happy – Sorry your foot has continued to bother you. == That brunch sounded good – quiche gets me every time. Too bad the heat wasn’t working right. That’s a consideration when eating out in the winter, especially places that are configured such that the door opening fills the place with cold air. == Wow, I’m surprised the eggs didn’t cook after all that time. That method really works well for us. == Yeh, got an email from MFP. Not that I read it yet. Yes, I knew they were somehow associated with Under Armor because I started getting a bunch of emails from them, to which I finally unsubscribed. Hate that stuff.

Annie – Yikes, you’re getting hit with some crummy weather. Today we’ve got some rain, but nothing severe that I’m aware of. == Sorry you’ve got the crud in your chest again. Good for you to get to the doc and try to head it off before it gets bad again.

Susie – I overlooked about you going to the TOPS convention this weekend. Enjoy yourself!

Ceejay – Boo on the blood draw re-do. == I hope your spring flower survive this un-spring-like weather. I’ve got daylilies coming up, but they’re pretty hardy and I’m still planning to dig out more this year, so I won’t be crushed if I lose some of them.

Hellos to the rest of you!
==
On hold with the exercise bike people. I knew this would be a PITA – they want to sock me with a return shipping fee and a restocking fee. Nope.

Nothing much else to report because there’s nothing interesting going on with me. Oh, wait, I did discover that my state tax refund was deposited to my bank account. Tax process all done for the year. Yay for that. Oh, and we're now down to only four more mortgage payments!! Woohoo!

Okay, off to post and back to work. TTYL.

miniDoodles 04-04-2018 05:49 AM

Good morning :coffee: Dh leaves for work at 4:30am daily now, I hate his supervisor doing this to Dh's area for 2018.

WTH is mother nature trying to tell us about the rest of 2018 :fr:

Easter morning we woke up to huge beautiful snowflakes falling & just before the ground was completely covered the snow melted :smug: This morning our lawn is covered with snow again :(
Monday was a beautiful day but cold in the 40's & yesterday Tuesday when I met Dh at work sleet began falling on the street, it put Dh in a bad mood so our shopping trip was brief. We took a hour nap so Dh could watch Roseanne & The Middle's final episodes I'm going to miss that Indiana small town family series, I hope they create a spin-off with the kids since Debra the mom said on a talk show that she & her real Dh are moving to the UK to retire now.

Laura * I'm sorry your new bike wasn't what u wanted. Mine is inexpensive $300 with a flywheel, a electronic dashboard & it folds under 3' to store it. My price point is $500 for a sports machine because it's too much of a investment with a daily/weekly commitment for me, when I'd rather have fun being active like you do enjoying being at the rec center. How are your bone stimulation workouts feeling on your foot?

Happy * Your Easter meal sounded yummy! Has Dh been photographing this Goofy weather to submit for calendar pics, if he's got anything published pLease tell us & where we can buy it.

Susie * I enjoyed SRD, so much wonderful energy & fellowship. Do the graduating KOPS still wear floor-length white formal dresses, (white wedding gowns)? My group ate healthy for our breakfast & lunch, then partying at dinner. I appreciate your prayers, I still have pains, but not as harsh & my U.Sound wasn't normal so my doctor will tell me what's next to do at my appt in 4 weeks, her schedule is full from her 3 week vacation.

The girls are telling me it's potty time, I'll be back.

Ceejay & Annie & Shad :grouphug:

annie175 04-04-2018 12:21 PM

Good Day all....

Good news....chest x-ray showed clear yesterday. She said I just have a nagging cough that should go away on its own. Otherwise if it doesn't to contact her. I have slept through the night the past two nights so that is a good sign. I have to get a blood draw in a week or two to check on my potassium. I have been taking my potassium faithfully so I am not concerned about that. Getting older and older is harder and harder. Just sayin'

Last night I fixed cheeseburgers, broccoli cheddar rice, baked fries, and cheesy cauliflower. I think everyone had a bit of their favorites. I had a bit of burger left over so I may serve that somehow tonight. hmmm.

The weather here is s*cking. Snow, rain, sun, cold, freezing, a little warm, you name we have it. We also had tornado warnings last night. Why do I live in Indiana? I forget on a very regular basis. We typically get what LAURA, SUSIE and CEEG get in some form or another. All ya'll can keep it to yourselves. We are the catch all state.

CEEG...yes that will be nice for niece to wrap up her classes so you can get your life back. Will you take the kitty with you?

DEE...Does that mean if DH leaves at 4:30 does he get off work earlier or just have more hours? Kind of makes for a long day for both of you. Hope things go well with your doc appt.

LAURA...I really didn't expect anything less than a hassle on the bike return. EVERYTHING is a hassle anymore. Glad you got your tax refund back, don't spend it all in one place. Who gets to claim the house, you or BF? OF course after this year it won't matter from what I do or don't understand. lol.

Hello to all. Have a wonderful hump day/night. Hugs

happy2bme 04-04-2018 12:27 PM

Good morning ladies,

I have the day to myself for a change. Going to catch up on laundry and I have a nice chunk of ham - don't like split pea soup but I did find a recipe for ham and asparagus soup that looks very tasty. I will add mushrooms and carrots for more vegetables.

DH took poor Nina off to the vet this morning to check her teeth and get a cleaning perhaps. She was howling. This got Bimmy all worked up too as she was trying to defend her sister from heaven knows what horrid fate. After DH left Bimmy went around for about 10 minutes crying. She has an interesting trill to her voice. Little does she know that her turn is coming up fast as DH will schedule her for a wellness check too.

Dee - the good thing about leaving at 4:30 is HOPEFULLY DH gets home earlier. And there's less traffic. Still hard to get up in the cold and dark and if you are not an early to bed person, that makes it really hard to adjust your schedule. Seems like we are all tired of winter and white snow - everyone we speak to is hankering for spring already. I like the new Roseanne show - it's like the picked up from where they left off years ago. Still great sarcasm.

Ladies, you may be seeing emails about updates to our thread. I know some people looked for them before. It wasn't until I set up the new thread that I noticed you can turn on email notices. Duh - only too me 16 YEARS to notice this. :lol: Anyway - if it gets to be too much let me know and I won't ever turn it back on again. I'm dumping mine in the spam folder as I know how to find out thread as well as what's going on.

Laura - well gads - that's a pain that they are giving you such a hard time returning the exercise bike. Especially because you are having problems with it. I think you are better off to head over to the mall and try out fitness equipment ahead of time. That is IF you can. Especially for the price.

Ceejay - did your flowers survive the dip in the cold? That's always worrisome in the spring. We lost a whole year's bloom on our Japanese Maple one year because we didn't know enough to cover it from frost damage. In TN I used to say come February off with the winter coat - spring is here :D I see they had some really bad storms go through the other day - right in the line between warm Gulf air and cooler air from the north. Glad you had a nice Easter.

Annie - I talked to my doctor last week about residual wheezing (only when I am trying to go to sleep at night) as well as coughing up light schmutz as you say. She said to continue with Mucinex - lungs take a long time to clear up and unless it's something really heavy just be patient. :rolleyes: I think sun, the beach and 70 degree temps would help alot. How do you make chimichangas?

Shad my friend, are you lost in the garden or just busy getting your friend settled in. Come up for air and post.

And with that I am going to post and get some things done. Have a good one friends.

happy2bme 04-04-2018 12:29 PM

Annie - glad your xray came out clear. YES girl, you are soooooo right about getting old being one big giant hassle. I have wisdom in my head but I can't remember it. One of the things we all say is that we don't want to be young again but we wouldn't say no to bring back our pain free, more nimble, better feeling bodies. :lol:

miniDoodles 04-04-2018 03:11 PM

Duh, in my comment about The Middle, I said Debra-(Everybody Loves Raymond) instead of Frankie= Patricia Heaton. We got 4" of snow :cry: the news reported over a dozen schools were closed & lots of highway accidents. I wonder if Shad ever gets our Goofy weather in Australia :rain: :brr: :beach: :snow4: during the same month :lol3:

Laura705 04-04-2018 03:24 PM

Afternoon all.

Dee – Yikes, not waking up at 4:30, but leaving for work at 4:30 am!!! :yikes: == I’m enjoying the Roseanne reboot. I have The Middle dvr’d, but I’m behind on watching the episodes. I better catch up or risk hearing the spoilers! Oh, BTW, did you know that both shows were produced by the same person?? No wonder I like them both. == Re the bike – I probably don’t need one that’s as expensive as the one I bought. I really don’t think I need all those bells and whistles. == My foot feels about the same, but I’ve been babying it since I started the treatments. Don't want to undo any healing that may be happening. :no:

Annie – Yay for nothing showing up on the chest x-ray! == Agree 100% about getting older. I’m not thrilled with what this “change of life” is doing to my skin. And I’d blame my weight gain on it too if I thought I could get away with it. Too bad I know I darn well it’s my eating habits that are my downfall… == Yeh, we had a bit of snow overnight. It was !@#%$ cold on my AM commute and the wind was howling. Then the sun came out and the snow went away, so yay for that. Still cold, and it's overcast again. C'mon spring!! == I claim the mortgage interest on my taxes. With the tax law changes, probably not itemizing for 2018 anyway, so moot point.

Happy – Yay for a day to yourself!!! == Poor Nina. Haven’t had a Bimmy update lately – so now it sounds like she and Nina are buddies?? Or is it one-side with Nina just tolerating her? == I’ve been getting 3fc email notifications for a long time now when someone posts a reply to the thread – but if I don’t click the link to the reply, I don’t get any further notifications until I do.

Hi Ceejay, hi Shad, hi Susie!

==

I was ultimately victorious yesterday in getting the return authorization with no fees for the exercise bike. Interestingly enough, they don’t have anyone in our area to pick up the bike, so it wasn’t really a return authorization – it was a destroy authorization. Which means get rid of it any way we choose. Bf intends to tweak the resistance again and see if he can get it to work the way it should. I confess, however, that after the problems I’ve mostly lost my interest in this bike…would rather try out another one. Maybe even a rowing machine, which is also a low impact way to get my cardio. But for now, I’m just waiting for credit to post the post on the credit card for the full purchase price of the exercise bike.

That’s about all the excitement for me - not! I put a screen protector on my cell phone last night and it turned out pretty good. See what I mean about excitement?? :lol:

Okay, get this posted quick and back to the fun. Cheers! :cheers:

ceejay52 04-04-2018 06:15 PM

Afternoon
I've almost met my water goal of 48 ounces. I've been logging in MFP this afternoon. Need to keep up with this.

Happy
Glad that you have had a day off to do some thins. Poor Nina.

Laura
Hope you will start liking the bike a little more. It does make it easier on the feet. How are the treatments?

Shad, Dee and Susie Hello

This is about it for me.