Old 04-10-2018, 09:25 AM   #31  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Lady Worldly Chicks....

Had to take Sassy cakes to the vet yesterday afternoon. She has reinjured her little back and can barely walk. No stairs at all. Wimpers in pain. Doc put her on steroids, pain meds and muscle relaxers. I slept in the lazyboy with her last night. Bless her ittle bitty heart. Kids, babies and animals all just break my heart.

We had leftovers for dinner. Finally finished up the taco meat on a salad for me. C had leftover Olive Garden. The boys had cheese quasadillas. I have no clue what Sam had. Clean up was easy. Finished up some laundry, watched a bit of the Voice, turned everything off at 9 and went to sleep. Slept pretty good in the chair with only a few wake ups. Sassy doesn't seem much better yet but only had one dose of meds. Gave her a second does before I left for work.

Work is calm this week all my people are in MN for a sales team meeting. I was invited but it was up to me whether to go or not. NOT...MN this time of year is just too cold. Heck it is here, what am I talking about. lol. Got friends in Destin, FL on vacation this week. They are griping that it is cold down there. Boo hoo. hahaha.

DEE....I watch the VOICE. Sadly both American Idol and the Voice are on at the same time for me. I do a lot of channel flipping but tend to stay with the Voice more.

CEEG...your outside adventures sound very nice. Gives you a form of exercise that you don't really have to "feel" and get to enjoy it. MMMMMmm spaghetti.

SUSIE...I am proud of you for the great RE-START on you!

LAURA...hmm, me thinks I would not vote for buying exercise equipment. Do think long and hard about your next equipment purchase. Listen to me. bah....

HAPPY...the painting/pencil class is right up your alley. Do it. You need a stress reliever that won't be too awful tough on your foot/knee/body....Dreams are bizarre. I have crazy dreams EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. Last night I was dreaming about an old BF. The entire dream was about finding a place to, um, "get together". Never did happen. Like what the heck is that one about? lol. I usually dream about Mike, mom, dad, grandma and pa a few nights a week. Always good dreams, well mostly. Mom is sometimes giving me heck about something. lol. Or mom is leaving me and won't come back home or won't come home for months in the dreams. Weird. Good for you cutting down volunteering in May. How are the kitties doing? B gone to the vet yet? How did Nina's appt go? Mention to DH to post pics on FB that don't have snow in them. Bah!

SHADDIE...busy gardening, cleaning, painting or saluting??? Or all of the above?

Hope everyone has a marvy day/night. Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:36 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Default morning

Dee
I've been watching American Idol but forget that it comes on Monday night's also. Sis and I went to work out last night at the RecPlex. Maybe I can watch it later on Demand on HULU.

Annie
I didn't walk yesterday at the lake. My arthritis was acting up and didn't feel like it. Wish their was something I could take that didn't play havoc with my stomach. It was gorgeous.

Susie
Water intake hasn't been the greatest the past couple of days but I will get back with that today. It does help.

Laura
Don't think I could do the rowing machine. But from the people I've seen on the machine at the RecPlex they can get a could sweat in a few reps. Guess it depends on the number of reps one does.

---------
Most of you probably saw the picture of the lake that my niece, the dog and I went to yesterday afternoon. I didn't walk because I had pain in the spine where the arthritis is located.
Spaghetti was good last night. Something I've been wanting for a long time. I forgot the salad that was in the fridge! That was not good. I was looking forward to that. Think my senior moments are happening more frequent these days. It could be the enviorenment I'm in also.
Off to log my breakfast on MFP.

Last edited by ceejay52; 04-10-2018 at 11:39 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:51 PM   #33  

Evening from the train.

Ceejay- Sorry to hear the arthritis kept you from getting outside and walking. == Have you gotten the warmer temps in your area yet? My area is forecast for the starting tomorrow. == I think it's good to get home on the weekends and get some solitude.

Susie - Good for you getting in your exercise!

Dee - Nice you get all those channels with just an antenna. == I'm only considering buying a piece of cardio equipment because I'm still dealing with my right foot's stress fracture.

Annie - Poor Sassy! I hope the meds help her feel better. My neighbors dachshund had a back problem too. == Yeh, a trip to MN doesn't appeal to me at this time of year either.

Hellos to Shad and Happy.

==
Nothing going on with me. I'm so looking forward to the boss being out of the office at a conference plus a site visit all week next week. I have to get down to business as far as a job change is concerned. Not good to work with someone you just don't like.

Gonna fill the tires on my commuter bike and hope I can cycle to the train one day this week.

Gonna get this posted. Enjoy the rest of your day sisters.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:30 PM   #34  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,

Been busy, busy, busy here. Picked up R from the airport on the Thursday before Good Friday. We went to check out her apartment on Friday, and measured up for her fridge etc. Saturday we shopped for her fridge and TV. I have no problem spending other peoples money. Then I did a shop for the brunch on Sunday. Sunday we had the brunch. There was barbecued ribs, barbequed marinated lamb, choice of salads, eggs, bread, pastries, and an Easter egg hunt for the littlies. It was nice to have every one around.
Monday we went to check out places where R will shop and places she will need to know about. Tuesday we picked up her new car - Audi A4 with every conceivable bell and whistle - very nice. Wednesday she went to her new GP and Thursday we shifted her into her apartment, put the bed together and unpacked enough stuff for her dinner and the cats dinners. Friday she had to go to her surgeon. She has had a gastric band fitted for the last 20 years and it has basically got past it's use by date. So on Monday she went into hospital to have that removed. She will have a gastric sleeve fitted early June. Tuesday I picked her up from the hospital and took her home to her place.

In the meantime, I have been working with my other friend who has cancer. He is due for his operation on 24th April. And both he and his wife are very nervous about the outcome. To add to their stress they are running out of savings and went to the welfare centre (Centrelink) to ask for a sickness benefit to see them through his not being able to work. Not an easy choice for them as they have never asked for anything previously and had no idea what to expect - which is people telling you that you are too rich, not sick enough, not entitled, not anything. You have to steam roller them to get anywhere.

Add to that, the rotten weather (still thinks it is summer) is causing the grass and weeds to grow as fast as anything and even the veges I planted have grown and grown. The tomatoes already have fruit on and the corn is growing the ears - but I don't think I will get much off them as they are not tall enough or robust enough. The possum ate the cauliflower and spinach seedlings and also a couple of the basil plants. Pesky possum. The lemon grass is out of control and the herbs are all growing madly. I'm eating the lettuce and the rocket (which are going to seed already) as fast as I can. Yesterday I poisoned the worst of the weeds that have come through from next door.

And that is just about the story of my life at the moment. Sorting out the family and friends and training the dog not to bark. Didn't sleep well last night so will be trying to get some sleep tonight.

Not doing personals at them moment. I've read through them all but now I have to go pick up the great nieces and entertain them until their mum gets home from work. cya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:34 PM   #35  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Oh Good Afternoon/evening...

My smash-o-gram (mammo) went...well...smashing, this morning. Got a new business account set up at a different bank for C. This will be much better as they offer military advantages...no fees and such. Hoorah for that. It took 1 1/2 hours to get the account set up because it all has to be run through the govt. also. We all know how tedious and slow the govt. can be. Bleh.

Dinner was baked "fried" pork chops, cauliflower and mashed taters for the rest of ems. And fresh, haha, grocery tomatos cut up. bah.

Not doing personals right now cause I got to work late and need to get busy.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:48 PM   #36  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning everyone,

Nice sunshiny day today but they are talking and we are preparing for an awful storm this weekend. 40mph winds, heavy wet snow - they are still not sure of the track of the storm. Would be nice if it eeked south and we just got rain instead. This is the time of year I worry about losing power. I have an LP fireplace that can heat a good part of the house but it needs electricity for the fan to push the hot air out. Also in a few weeks the frost line will melt (we hope) and then it's a month of continuous cycling on the sump pump as the water seeps into the ground and my constant nervousness about that. It's a bit better that we have 2 sump pumps now, both with battery backup which will allow us to react if one pump goes out - except if it decides to do that when the stores are closed. Anyway I hope the weather skips us. Was supposed to go to a farm to table dinner Saturday which has been rescheduled.

Not much else going on. Got some projects to work on - plodding through them. I'm committed to finishing the things I committed to and then taking a break and more importantly, NOT taking on additional stuff.

Yesterday's supper from Hello Fresh was Hot Honey BBQ chicken. There were 2 chicken legs - not really enough for DH and with the spice I gave him the whole meal which was a bit more than he needed but not enough for both of us to share. You cook the chicken legs in a pan (I used cast iron) and then finish them off roasting in the oven. Last 10 minutes you set the oven to broil and mix their premade BBQ sauce with a packet if Mike's Hot Honey - honey infused with chilis. I never heard of this before. At first I thought the sauce was sweet and then bammmmm - you get the heat. DH said he really liked it - at first it was sweet but he liked the heat on it. There was a side dish consisting of corn kernels cooked in the pan after the chicken to get a slight char, then set aside and add a bit of oil/butter to the pan and cook up some finely chopped shallot and poblano pepper. Char and add that to the corn. Then dice some tomatoes and add to the dish and season with salt and pepper. It was not as hot as I thought it might be so I enjoyed tasting it. You were supposed to roast sweet potatoes and add them to the corn dish but DH does not like sweet potatoes so I ate them with a bit of cinnamon and a tiny pat of butter just to get the cinnamon to stick. I ate my leftover sushi for dinner.

We are still being plagued by those darn Asian beetles. The ones DH sprayed up on the windows died and apparently there is another colony inside the walls that has hatched. We keep vacuuming them up constantly. DH is going to spray outside - today's the day to do it. It does kill them instantly IF you can find where they are coming from.

Shad - sounds like you have joined our little club - retire and then run, run, run. Isn't it interesting that life seems to fill up our days. At least hopefully you are enjoying your tasks more than when it was just aggravating work. I do hope your friend with the cancer can get some relief. That is the thing we most worry about - running out of money/savings or having a devastating illness that drains you. It seems the good people always fall into the "doughnut hole" as you say - not enough money to cover the bills and yet too much to get assistance. DH said if he ever got really sick he'd take he pistol for a walk in the woods and I believe him. Possum thief, eh? Is your yard, garden fenced off? Probably not enough to stop them as they are just as determined as our squirrels are.

Laura - are you going to look for something else within your company? I know what you mean - you get a group together that you enjoy working with and then bam, something changes, someone gets switched around and it's not enjoyable any more. I always said I didn't mind working if it was fun or interesting. As for the workout equipment - we once had a rowing machine. I think DH tossed it when one of the pistons went out. It was ok - I used it in rotation with the treadmill and other stuff but I was not a fan of that as my only machine. You do get a workout on the legs and arms. It's also fun to row to Billy Squire's music - got a good cadence for that machine

Ceejay - if your arthritis is bothering you, I would suggest you give this CBD oil a try. I got mine from Amazon - it's CBDPure brand hemp oil - 300 in a 60 mg bottle. You take half the eyedropper full and put it under your tongue for 60 seconds and then swallow. It's grassy tasting - like chewing on a piece of hay. Not the worst taste and you can take a sip of something afterwards to kill the taste. I swear and so does DH that this does help with the aches and pains. It doesn't take them away completely but it takes the pain from crippling to tolerable. The stuff is expensive - a month's worth is about $50 but it's the best thing I've found over the counter to help with the pain and inflammation. I am starting to see more about CBD oil online and in health stores.

Annie - so sorry to hear that Sassy is hurting. I guess with that long back and short legs they are more prone to injury. Will she lay on a gentle heating pad? Ha hah - you know that MN is right next door to me, don't you? And yes, coming from your weather it WOULD be too cold for you. As for Florida, we have friends who snowbird there around Tampa and it has been chilly for them too - in the 50's which to us would be great (or at least to me) but I suppose if you are used to Florida weather it would be cold. EVERYONE is complaining about the weather it seems. I like the Voice better than American Idol which I think has run it's natural course. I HATE that some of these girl singers try to be Mariah Carey fancy with their runs and shrill screaming. That is NOT a powerful voice. And these coaches encourage it. Last night I watched a salute to Elton John. Most of the people singing I didn't have any idea who they were. I did notice with 3 of the young girls - they were so busy trying to add tricks and runs into Elton's songs that they got tripped up and the music got ahead of them. Elton's songs were meant to be SUNG not with fancy runs and such. The guys like John Legend and Chris Martin from Coldplay did a wonderful job because they just sang the song as God and Elton intended. Just my opinion. DH posted some flower pictures for you - sans snow but anything outdoors will be full of white.

Hi Susie - I smiled at your picture on FB with your brother. Apparently you come from a family of gingers - cute!

Dee - no problem with someone tightening or tweaking something but I think Patricia Heaton went too far. She doesn't look like herself - like she's her sister or something. When you are distracted by thinking "is THAT so and so" then it's not so good. And I often think our faces were not meant to be carved into. Doesn't take much to make them look plasticky.

DH went for Subway wraps. Going to give that a try - their sandwiches are always too much bread and lacking in quantity of ingredients so perhaps the wraps will be better.

Have a good hump day peeps.

Last edited by happy2bme; 04-11-2018 at 12:51 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 05:52 PM   #37  

Afternoon all.

Shad – You been a busy gal. Sounds like you’ve really gotten your relocated friend off to a great start in her new home & locale. == Sorry to hear your friend going through cancer treatment & his wife now add financial problems to their stress load. == How many little ones did you pick up and watch over?

Annie – Yay the mammo is over and, hopefully, done with for another year. == Nice to save on bank fees, but WTH with the time it took to get it all set up?!?!?! == I hear ya on the tomatoes. I don’t know why I don’t always order sandwiches without the tomatoes because they’re never any good. I must try to grow some tomatoes this year, and not just the cherry tomatoes, but some plum and/or “regular” ones!!

Happy – I wish we’d get rid of this chilly/snow weather pattern and just move onto spring, but the temps have been below average a LOT lately. Sigh. Just gonna enjoy a few days of warm temps. Looking forward to leaving work today and having 60’s. == I can sympathize with the jitters over the rain/snowmelt taxing your sump pumps. I’m anxious to get that window well drain pipe situation sorted out before another heavy rain, but bf can’t do anything until the ground is thawed and can be dug up. == That hot honey bbq chicken sounds tasty – I like the heat! Speaking of that…this past weekend, we discovered the bbq place by us shut down. We’d just bought two bottles of their yummy “sweet heat” bbq sauce last month, but we’ll certainly miss going there for bbq, and also no more sauce after the two bottles are gone. == Re changing positions in my company – I’d like to, but I have to find out more about doing that from HR, but once I do that, nothing will be private. == I think my mom once had an inexpensive rowing machine with the pistons. The pricier ones have air, water, or magnetic resistance systems. LOL, yes, there’s that one Billy Squire song that would be perfect to row to - including the lyrics!

Hellos to Dee, Susie & Ceejay!

==

Nothing much to report. Last night I watched a dvr’d rerun of America’s Test Kitchen and they featured egg lemon soup with chicken and rice in it. I scribbled down the recipe as I watched, glad to be able to pause it as needed. I got it all jotted down and will type it up for myself. It looks like a good easy recipe, and they do something easier instead of tempering the eggs, so no risk of scrambled eggs. Looking forward to trying it out.

My wireless Bluetooth earbuds which were really one-wire earbuds that had sound in only one ear for the past month+ (if there’s a wire, I’ll destroy it) went completely kaput today. My phone can’t detect them via bluetooth. Sigh. So now I’m looking online for some truly wireless earbuds, but only ones that hook over the ears.

That’s it for me, need to get this posted before I head out for the day. TTFN.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:45 PM   #38  

Height: 5'7"

Hello,

Yesterday I read the posts when I was on the treadmill but my battery was low and I wasn’t able to talk my post back.

I caught up again today while on the treadmill but I am now on the computer responding.

I believe I will have a good loss at TOPS tomorrow night. I went back and looked at what I was doing this time last year and started reapplying how I was exercising, and eating and read how I was feeling, so with that and with SRD, I am back on track and so want to stay there and get to goal this year.

I wanted to share that this is what I wrote in my journal on Sunday:
At SRD this weekend, I heard a speech that included this advice that I needed to be reminded of…

“Do first what you need to reach your weight loss goals. Get your workout done and then finish the cleaning, the laundry, the work”

I did that when I lost 60 lbs last year and then stopped and it resulted in my weight-loss stopping; I have been maintaining.

But today, I changed that…and I feel great and I will do it tomorrow and the next day and the next…all the way to goal. When I do a daily workout I stay on track….and I feel powerful.

Please help me to remember this in the upcoming months and to not lose sight of it again. Thank you all for being here for me all this time.

I’ll come back and do personals in another post.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:12 PM   #39  

Here are the personals:

Shad: You have been very busy with your friends. It sounds like a lot of fun getting your friend all set up and being with her when buying the new car.
What a great friend you are to your friend that has cancer. How awful to work so hard all your life and then get sick and not have enough and fall into the place where you don’t fall into the guidelines.

So you are still having summer and we are still having fall & winter….but Thursday and Friday it will be in the 70 F here in Ohio…and I’m just going to enjoy it. I bought some new shoes, what we used to call “boat shoes”…I can’t wait to wear them with my skinny jeans. I work from home tomorrow so I will be in jeans and on Friday we can wear them to work. It is the little things….

Ceejay: Did you end up getting to eat your salad?

Annie: Praying the mammo comes back all clear. How is Sassy feeling?

Laura: I am sure you will enjoy the week when your manager is out for travel. I know I love it when mine is out…It is like a vacation for me. Lol

Happy: To comment on your comment that I must be from a family of gingers, yes I am, me, my brother and my dad were all gingers and I had an Aunt who was too.

How did you like the subway wraps?

I am off to bed…..see you all tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:30 PM   #40  

Default Hello

A beautiful afternoon, but I'm not feeling up to being outside. In one of my moods again. Think I'm missing my house but I get to go home early tomorrow. I'm happy. I'm sure the lawn needs to be mowed and I don't blame my nephew for not doing it. He has his hands full with his family. I want to do it if I can.

Laura,
Yes, it is finally getting warmer. Close to 80 today but I'm not going to put money on it staying here. Have you decide on the new exercise equipment.

Happy, Shad, Susie and Dee hello. I will try to do more tomorrow after I get home.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:01 AM   #41  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Quick post for me. They were predicting a winter storm this weekend and our spring storms can be notorious with heavy wet snow so as a precaution most of my weekend activities like book club got rescheduled. So I thought I had today and the weekend to myself. Then I got a call while I was in the shower getting ready for bingo yesterday afternoon - there is a training class for some stuff in the senior center office, can I attend???? It is something that would benefit me to learn from the trainer rather than someone else's misinterpretation of what they thought it should do so... I guess today made it's own plans for me. It's an all day class too. And Sunday they are talking the possibility of another potential dumping - there is a Humane Society event, part of which got cancelled because of bad weather in March. I hope this doesn't happen again - I am not keen on working it in the first place, will be even less enthused if there's 40 mile per hour wind gusts and 10 inches of heavy wet snow.

Ceejay - sounds like you need to get back home for a while and get centered again. You've been away an awful lot lately - it's like travelling on business. Sometimes you want to lay in your own bed and eat your own food. Even if the travelling was fun! Upper 70 degree weather - oh that sounds so lovely. How is the pollen down there?

Susie - we both actually liked the Subway wraps alot. I got the Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki which is a favorite of mine. One of our biggest complaints with Subway is too much bread, not enough fixin's. The wrap takes care of that. We would go that route from now on in. Oh wow - another lady with warm weather. Those boat shoes - weren't they Bass Weegins sp? - were very popular. Would look great with skinny jeans. Go rock 'em girl! Thank you for sharing the quote about putting yourself first - an excellent one to keep in the forefront of the busy mind! Please keep sharing the motivational stuff.

Laura - please share the egg lemon soup recipe if it comes out good. I love that stuff. I don't think there's a Greek restaurant anywhere within 100 miles from here. The one recipe I have is just so so.

Speaking of tomatoes, Sam's Club has these small cherry heirloom tomatoes on the vine that are the BOMB. I think they might be called Cherry Bombs. Just bursting with flavor. Even DH who was not a fan of tiny tomatoes loves them. I bought 3 packages when we were there last week and I am eating some every day.

And with that I need to hop in the shower and get ready and out the door in 30 minutes which is no easy feat for me. Have a good weekend everyone. Hellos to the rest of yahs
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:23 PM   #42  

Afternoon all.

Susie – How did the TOPS WI go? I’m sure it was great because you’ve gotten yourself back on track and sound so motivated. Yeah!!

Ceejay – I hope you’re back at home by now and enjoying being at your place. == No, haven’t decided anything on the new exercise equipment. Lost my momentum on that for the moment.

Happy – I hope the training at the senior center was worthwhile. == Ugh, this weather. We’re in for chilly temps and rain. We’ll be above freezing, so no snow, but it’s still gonna be crummy. Bleh. So over this. == I saw those wraps when I was in Subway the other day. Double meat, so now it’s more or less what a normal sandwich should be, haha. == I might be trying out the egg lemon soup recipe this weekend, so I’ll let you know how I like it.

Shad – How’s it going in your neck of the woods? Did you teach doggy not to bark?

Annie – Hope you haven’t been run off your feet at work. == How did the reunion meeting go the other day?

Hi Dee!
==
TGIF! Wednesday felt like it should be Thursday, and yesterday should have been Friday…yup, that kind of week.

Last night I ordered a new pair of earbuds. I think they’re supposed to be delivered tomorrow. This morning I considered using the new ones that came with my new cell phone, but I didn’t want to trash them so quickly, lol, so I went without for another day.

Yesterday afternoon I received an email from UPS that we have a delivery coming next week, yet neither bf nor I had ordered anything. We’re thinking that it’s going to be the parts for the exercise bike that went on order when bf was working with Nordic track customer service to troubleshoot the resistance issue. I would’ve thought their systems would be smart enough to cancel the order when the destroy authorization went out, but I guess not. Bf has the bike up for sale on craigslist right now, so having these parts in hand may make it easier for us to sell it.

No big plans for this weekend. Of the seeds I planted a while back, only a couple sprouted and didn’t survive. Need to plant new seeds this weekend and tend them more closely this time!!

That’s it for me. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:41 AM   #43  

Default morning

I got to come home after I took my niece to work at 9.00. I like her early morning work schedule. It gives me more time to myself. I went to Walmart after I got home to get an extension cord and some food for the week end. Then I started to mow the back lawn. My goodness it was over grown. I set the blade to 3 inches but it was way higher than that. Dandelions have taken over. Proud of myself because I was not huffing and puffing like last summer.
And I got through before the rain started. It was a good rain with thunder. We were under a tornado watch until 10 last night.
Nephew just called and told me he would come and mow.
Just read Happy's post about juicy tomatoes. I threw an old tomato out in the back yard last week end hoping it would deteriorate. I found it yesterday picking it up thinking it was a ball. It was still good.
Did not see one snake yesterday.

_________
Happy
Some times our day's are planned for us. Hope the meetings were successful. I actually found the senior center in Branson the other day while I was with sis who was looking for the recycle center. And their was a sign that read Weight Watchers meet here. I'm going to look into that. It does feel good to be a home even for just one day. I slept so good last night. Didn't even get up to go potty. But I do want to help my neice, after all I helped her brother.

Shad
Wow, I would have liked to help a friend buying furniture or car!

Laura,
I don't blame you for taking a break from the exercise equipment.

Susie, and Dee Hello

Last edited by ceejay52; 04-14-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:41 PM   #44  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Soon as you think that things are calming down slightly, life ramps up again. I really don't know how I managed to go to work all the time.

Ceejay - It's nice to get back to your own place again, isn't it.
I was only the chauffeur to pick up the car for R. She had organised everything online from Melbourne. She knew what sort of fridge and tv she wanted and it just luck that we got them on a day where they were dropping prices. Some people have lotsa luck.

Annie - Good idea to find a bank that doesn't charge big fees. Hope it helps the business along. I changed banks a long time ago because of the fees. They still communicate with me occasionally to come back to them, but they still have ever increasing fees - so nope, not happening.
Hope the results from the boob squish are good. You don't need that to worry about as well.

Happy - sad to hear that Hello Fresh is not giving proper portions any more. Can't understand why they would change the formula given that so many people took it on and enjoyed it at the beginning. I guess they haven't given much thought to repeat business.
The flies around here aren't giving up this year either. I'm so sick of them and I've spent a small fortune on fly sprays. I'm reduced to cooking either early morning or after dark to avoid the house being invaded.
Possums get everywhere. I had to talk to the neighbours last week as it seems it is living in their roof and they are going to have problems if they let that situation carry on.
How did your class go. About time they put you on the payroll with all the stuff you do around the place.

Laura - We only had the 2 great nieces for the Easter Egg Hunt. They found them all I think. Their mum will only let them have one or two a day so they will last a while. I am having them on Monday to look after (along with Ruger the dog) so will be an interesting day keeping all three occupied.
Hope the Greek soup comes out well. Must try that one day. Have a recipe or two somewhere.

Susie - Hope you had a good week at TOPS. That's a good mantra you came up with from SRD. Good advice that. It's like the financial advice I got when I first started work. Get your pay, pay yourself - 10% into a savings account with compounding interest, pay your bills. The rest is yours.

And now I better get cracking. Have a shorter list of things to do today, but I want to get them done asap. I have to go to the hardware store to get some more hole filler. The one I thought to use has gone hard in the tube. I jumped on the tube to try to see if only the stuff at the top was useless but can't get anything out of it, even with my great weight on it. Thought I had some more somewhere but can't see it. It will, of course, miraculously reappear just after I have bought a new one. I also need some dog meat for his meals for the week. Lucky he is cute, otherwise I wouldn't brave the butcher on a Sunday - large shop full of overweight Islanders wanting pigs, cows and chickens for their barbeque
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:00 PM   #45  

Hi Ladies,

I am happy to report a 3.8 lb loss at TOPS on Thursday night. I know that being back on that treadmill every day for at least 30 min was a big part. I am one of those people who eat better when I'm exercising. I don't want to undo everything I have done.

Now to do it again this week. Today has not been a good food day. We were at a gymnastic's meet most of the day for one of the twin nieces. To much eating out today. Tomorrow will be better.

My DH has a cold. He is about at the end of it, but it sure is wearing him out. He coughed a lot last night; I finally decided one of us had to sleep elsewhere so I made use of the futon in the office. I made that choice at 2 a.m.

I think tonight will be a early to bed night.

Tomorrow after church I will need to clean the house as I didn't get it done with being away all day today.

Ceejay: I'm glad to hear that you made it back home and that you got the yard work done. DH is going to have to do ours soon...it is quite high.

I smiled when I read that you weren't huffing and puffing like you did last year. You have done a lot more exercise than you realize...walking the dog, mowing and going to the gym. You should be proud of your self.

Happy: Am I reading things correctly that you will have a snow storm with significant amounts of snow? How did the training class go?

Shad: I hear retired people ask that question all the time about "how did I have time to work"? As people we just seem to fill up our time don't we?

Did I read that right that the neighbor has a possum living in there roof?!! YIKES! I would be calling someone right away. Did they know it was there?

Laura: I'm very curious to what the shipment will be that you are getting.

Hi Annie and Dee, I hope you are having a great weekend.

Tags
chicks, worldlie, worldly