Old 03-17-2018, 08:43 AM   #16  

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Everything has a layer of ice on it and we had enough snow to cover the ground again. I was hoping to do some cleaning with sunshine today. Oh well, either way I have to clean! Hope you all have a super duper Saturday!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:34 PM   #17  

Good afternoon. Cloudy and warm here in the 70’s. We made noodles with my machine today and they came out great. We are hot though because we have no windows that open in the kitchen. The picture is only a few of them.

I finished my afghan finally and it is ready to get wrapped. I know Jean has already seen it on my fb page, but thought you might like to see it, Sandy.

Tomorrow is some housecleaning upstairs and stripping the bed then Monday is nail day since I never did get there and Tuesday Jack has another therapy then we’ll go to cleaners to get my skirt hemmed up. I have the sewing machine but don’t want to possibly screw up an expensive skirt I bought for Thomas’s graduation in May. It needs to be cut.

Jean: Hope your icky weather doesn’t last long. Kluski noodles are like regular noodles but are usually a lot thicker than regular egg noodles because the polish either fry them in butter or cook them with cabbage. My noodles came out like regular noodles so will have to adjust how flat I roll the dough before putting it inn the machine. I was under the impression they were making all the WM stores the same so you could go into any one and find what you needed. Hmmmm. We call what people make as goulash, chilimac. Mine is simple, hamburger, onions, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, chili powder and macaroni. Real Hungarian goulash has no macaroni or hamburger at all. It’s more like a vegetable stew with chunks of meat and they put tiny dumplings in it called Csipetke. I don’t know how Americans went off the rails with this. They screw up chicken paprikash (paprika) too. My oldest sister’s first husband was a hungarian from Budapest. Her in laws didn’t even speak english. So I got to eat a lot of authentic food. I learned to make kieflies that way too.

Well, gotta clean the kitchen up. Have a nice afternoon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02286C28-BD66-4623-A780-13039D395357.jpg (36.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 38C1721D-0027-4000-BFEA-926C8802A962.jpg (43.1 KB, 4 views)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 04:22 PM   #18  

Good Afternoon! Bob left early this morning for practice at church. When I left a half hour later it was raining hard enough for the wipers to come on. He had to make an announcement at all three services to inform people that the church will be doing a survey, basically general questions/opinions about where the church is now and what we want for the future. It will be online or those not online can request paper surveys. The paper ones will be turned into the church office and “volunteers” will then enter the information online. After church, which was was five minutes shorter than the last time, it was just cloudy and so gloomy. More of the lake has opened up but there are still some guys ice fishing. I’ve finished dusting, made a cheese ball, then fished clothes out of the washer and dryer so far this afternoon. I really wanted to wash the cut glass, etc., in the curio cabinet but don’t think that is going to happen today. I will vacuum tomorrow afternoon and look for dust that I missed today. It will help if the sun shines but it doesn’t sound like it will.

“Gma,” I’m glad you and Jack had fun “together time” making noodles! And you are done with the afghan! The Maui WM is arranged backwards from ours; pharmacy is on the far right as you come in with groceries right across the main aisle next to it. Here the pharmacy is almost next to the front door on the left and groceries are to the extreme right with checkouts in between. We have two sets of doors, north and south, where Maui only has one big set. I don’t know my directions there but McDonald’s is right inside the doors on the left, and the checkouts are right there on the right side. They also had four people checking sales receipts as people walked out. More often than not, we don’t have a greeter and no one checks the receipts. We used to have a McDs but it was arranged so dumb, divided in half, the food servers couldn’t see the tables where people ate and people couldn’t hear when their food was ready. Money and food was walking out the service door and they couldn’t keep help, so they closed it; nothing has replaced it so they use the space for storage.

I need to get back to double checking my food list for tomorrow. Hope you are enjoying a nice day!

Last edited by Jean; 03-18-2018 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:59 AM   #19  
Short & Sassy

Hi ladies! Well, I see I did another disappearing act. Not intentional I assure you! Been busy getting things in order around here fo my upcoming knee procedure next Monday. Went through pre-admission testing last Thursday & the blood work showed my white count was up a bit. Surgeon had my follow-up with my family dr & we discovered I had a mild urinary tract infection. I sure hope nothing holds up this surgery! I've got my walker ready to go & a high-rise toilet seat. Got plenty of food in that Bill can cook. Going this afternoon to have the polish taken off my nails. I can't reach my feet & Bill won't mess with feet. My nail girl said she'd do it for me & trim up my toes at no charge. I thought that was really sweet. I got her gift card for Starbucks for her trouble. Bill's gout is gone & he's back to normal or what's normal for him!

GMA: Your afghan is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing the pic. So glad you got your new roof! That was nice of those guys to remove the dishes. Oh homemade noodles sounds so good!

Jean: That's too funny about the camel & the zebra. Bob was probably ready to whisk you off to the loony ben! Tomorrow's the first day of spring if you can believe that! They're predicting "significant" snow here for Wed.

Well ladies, I need to jump in the shower. If you don't hear from me for a few days it's because I tend to "clam up" when I'm getting ready for something serious (knee procedure). I don't want to talk to anyone or be on the computer. Would appreciate your prayers.
Midget2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:23 PM   #20  

Good Afternoon! Taking a quick break from card club preparations. I’m to the point what isn’t done isn’t going to get done cleaning wise. My day started out with a chutch computer missing my program I use and the computer whiz happened to be there today, and she couldn’t find it either. frown angry crooked crossed The secretary wasn’t there so we did a “one move to the left”and I used the whiz’s computer. The minister wandered in just as I was finishing much later than usual so I shared with him the relic woes of said computer. I made the gift shop deposit, stopped at the grocery store, and dropped off checks at the hospital before I got home at noon. I could do without days like this! It’s been a cloudy cold day again; with the wind more of the lake is open and the remaining ice is pretty dark. No one is ice fishing today.

Sandy, I’m glad you are so organized and ready for surgery, but sorry about the UTI. I like having my feet done, love the massage part most. I can’t paint my toes as nicely as the nail gals so treat myself during the sandal months. I hit and miss during the winter, no point in polish when socks cover my toes. I’m glad Bill’s gout is gone! I’m sure both of you are too. I will be thinking of you next Monday. Good luck!

Break time is over and I need to double check my “to do” list. Have a nice evening!
Old 03-20-2018, 10:02 AM   #21  

Good Morning! First day of spring and it is snowing in my neighborhood this morning. That is pretty nervy of the Weather God! At least we are not getting what the northeastern states have had to endure. Plans for the day are laundry and washing then putting away the serving dishes from card club last night. I am staying home today! I have a headache so hope it will not turn into anything serious, just feels like I have on a hat that is too tight. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Tuesday today!
Old 03-21-2018, 12:26 PM   #22  

Ok I know darn well I posted in here since last Saturday. Don't know where it went. It is chilly here today and gloomy again. Don't expect any rain though. I sure hope it starts to warm up again soon.

I sat and paid bills this morning and noticed I need to get money out for Thomas's graduation and for the boys Easter. I just cannot believe my baby is graduating from high school!!! I know Jean has been here long enough that both of our grandchildren were born since we joined.

Went and got my nails done yesterday and of course it rained cats and dogs once I left the house. I needed a new set badly so went anyway, stuck credit cards, id, phone and reading glasses in my jeans pockets and stuck my handbag in the car so I had a hand for my umbrella since I use a cane. I came out and it was just misting so I got my handbag out of the car. I went to the dry cleaners to have her hem up my skirt and of course she wasn't there. I had even made an appointment. GRRR! So, I told him I am coming in on Thursday. Jack has a therapy apt that day so will go after he gets done so if I am unsteady while she is pinning, I can hold on to him.

We are having ribs and fried potatoes for dinner tonight. I have them in the crockpot then when they are cooked, I put bbq sauce and broil them in the oven.

Sandy: Saying prayers for your knees. The couple we met on a cruise and the cruised with again are at the hospital this morning. He is having meniscus surgery. He may have a time of it if is on his bad leg. He insured one foot several years ago and walks with a limp because of it. It was nice that your nail tech did that for you. Jack will put lotion on my feet for me, but won't polish them. I imagine if I were going to the hospital he would help get it off my toes though. Thank you. I am sure glad it is done, I can tell you that.

Jean: Hope you are feeling better. I have been having some awful sinus headaches. I thought maybe it was bp but it has been really good so guess it is sinus since my allergies have been so bad all year. Gosh you would think they would just buy a new computer. The prices have come down a lot. I am sure your house looked just beautiful. Traveling we have been in a lot of WM and have seen the reversed ones, but they were all supposed to have the same things in the same rows. The one we shop at has the groceries on the left and the other stuff to the right, but the other one across town has the groceries to the right and everything else to the left. Target does the same thing here. We have some with clothing on left and pharmacy and such on right and reversed at others.

Well better check on the ribs. Have a good day today.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:21 AM   #23  

Good Morning! The sun is shining!!! I don’t want to say that too loud in case it disappears again. Bob got his MRI results yesterday; a little arthritis and a torn meniscus. Surgery is set for Friday, the 30th. He hasn’t fallen nor twisted it that he was aware of. I have a load of jeans in the dryer, a couple of church birthday cards to write then I’m going to an oil class over the noon hour. I think it is cleaning with oils.

“Gma,” my headache was still there when I went to bed but gone the next morning. I think I was just extra tired and stressed from trying to get everything done before card club. It is hard to believe Thomas will graduate this spring. Our four are so close in age their activities will all be done six years if I counted right. Kolby and Zowie are both in sixth grade this year. I know Ian will be in sports all the way through and pretty sure about Maddy since she loves soccer and chorus/swing choir so much. I don’t think Zowie is as committed to soccer but think she will stick with the band as will Kolby. At least I encourage them to stay involved in something. I hope you can get your skirt measured today. How frustrating that you had to make two trips to get that done. Hope the therapy is helping Jack’s hand.

I need to get the cards written and out in the mailbox. The substitute goofus has been coming so late they won’t leave town until tomorrow. Hope you have a terrific Thursday and enjoy your day!
Old 03-23-2018, 02:45 PM   #24  

Good afternoon to you all. Warmed up today but cloudy. I wanted to get the car washed yesterday while we were out because it was so nice, but we had bought frozen stuff and meat so thought we had better get it home. I lost my chance I guess.

I did got the skirt pinned up and she said it would be ready tomorrow so that will be done. I bought a white jacket to go over it as the one I wanted was out of my size. I took it to the cleaners to make sure the colors did ok, which they did so I tossed all the shipping stuff when I got home. I told Jack to drop the jacket off at the cleaners and have them launder it tomorrow when he goes and get the skirt. I don't want to be pressing a jacket at home.

We topped off the day with a trip to Red Lobster. We ordered the Admiral's feast and brought pretty much one order home. I told Jack next time I would just order my shrimp cocktail and a salad and we could share the Admiral's feast. It had 2 large pieces of fish, scallops, clam strips and 8 big shrimp. With that, salad and a side it was way too much food. I even brought home 8 of their little biscuits because the gal brought us out 6. They never do that.

Today I did some daily chores and that was it. Since we went to WM yesterday we don't have to go this weekend so I am cleaning the downstairs tomorrow. My allergies are so bad right now my fingers are crossed I get it done.

Jean: Hoping you have better weather. Baseball starts the end of next week and a lot of places still have huge amounts of snow so we shall see how that goes. The first Cubs game is in Miami though so we should be good unless it rains! Jack said therapy isn't do any good, but then he didn't think it would. They have to go through all this before they decide on surgery. Hope Bob's knee gets fixed. Jack had tears in both knees and has had them both fixed. His one knee tore just because he got onto his knees to change a tire so it could be something easy. They are so thin they tear easily as you become older I guess.

Have a good weekend everyone and Sandy if you don't get in here good luck with your surgery.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:07 PM   #25  

Good Evening! March is marching right along and we are having the usual crappy weather! The wind picked up momentum as the day wore on and it started raining this afternoon; it’s cold and miserable outside! Snow is in the forecast for tonight. This morning was my once a month coffee date, then I picked up the gift shop money and invoices on my way home so I wouldn’t have to go out again. I counted money and wrote checks after lunch so that is ready to deposit on Monday. Now “we” are watching the March Madness basketball games!

“Gma,” I hope your allergies settle down. Is there anything otc that helps? I am hoping the surgery will “fix” Bob’s knee too. I can tell when it is really bothering him; sometimes it will wake him up during the night. He will get up and come down to the recliner which helps for awhile.

Sandy, wishing you the best on Monday for your surgery and a good recovery!

Hope you all enjoy a nice weekend!

Last edited by Jean; 03-23-2018 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:31 AM   #26  

Snow, snow, and more snow!!!!! GRRRRR!
Old 03-24-2018, 01:19 PM   #27  

Good afternoon. Jack is sawing logs in the recliner and I just finished typing up my grocery list for tomorrow. He went out early because the pipes under our sink upstairs crumbled in his hand when he took it off to clean the trap out. He had a bit of problems, but he said the new ones are back on and they don't leak so.... He did cut his thumb pretty good so I doctored that all up.

I made him some rice krispie squares to munch on. Boy doing them in the microwave is a lot easier and cleaner than on the stove and they work just as well.

I did a load of sheets but have to wait for him to wake up from his nap to help me fold them. King sized sheets are a bit big for me to fold by my self and the stupid fitted one has a split because of the split mattress so it basically gets folded into a lump.

I forgot to get Easter cards for the boys when we were at WM so have to go out sometime this weekend and get those so I can get them mailed by Tues or Wed. I have to get cash for them too and can get it tomorrow on our way to the commissary. Our credit union is across the street from the main entrance to the base.

It is cloudy here, but pretty mild. I went out this morning and put the patio umbrella up they had taken down to do the roof and cleaned up odds and ends they hadn't gotten picked up. I came in and emptied trash and took it out so did my good deed for the day as that is Jack's job.

Jean: I certainly don't envy you more snow. My friend in ND said they had police closing streets because of so many accidents on the icy streets there. I know Bob is having a lot of issues with it because Jack did and so do I. It is just a fragile part of the body. Hope he can get it fixed and feel better.

Everyone have a good Saturday. I am fixing salsbury steak and m potato with a veg for dinner so shouldn't be too hard.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:00 PM   #28  

Talking

Happy Monday! It is foggy, spitting raindrops, and hovering around 33 degrees. We have an ice warning out for tonight. Yippee! There wasn’t much church money to count this morning. The not-so-efficient secretary/office manager still hasn’t put through the automatic monthly bank withdrawals which are ready on the 10th. I decided I wasn’t going to say anything and evidently neither the pastor nor the accountant have missed it. Am I the only one who notices the details? My computer wouldn’t cooperate so worked on another one; I had the foresight to get her password because she uses a different one than all the rest. I dropped checks off at the hospital, have done a couple loads of laundry, and made a trip back to the bank for Easter card money for the grandkids. I don’t think we will see any of them on Easter. Bob has a manor board meeting after work so he will get fed there. I think it will be a popcorn supper for me!

Sandy, thinking of you! Hope all went well and you are home soon!

“Gma,” I haven’t made RK bars in a very long time. I would buy the ready to eat ones for the kids when we would be up at the cabin. Being wrapped in foil kept them from getting soggy and the kids didn’t seem to mind they weren’t homemade. They do sound good! It’s nice Jack could fix your plumbing. Bob had his pre-op physical this morning and his doctor told him to stay off ladders, especially after surgery. “Because old farts tend to fall off and either break a hip or a leg!” “Get the checkbook out and pay someone else to do it.” Bob doesn’t like height so doesn’t very often climb a ladder.

The dryer is buzzing so have towels to fold and put away. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

Last edited by Jean; 03-26-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:18 AM   #29  

Good morning. Looks like today is going to be cloudy but in the 70’s, which is ok by me. I have to get upstairs and clean bathrooms and vacuum today. Jack took a sick day yesterday so he could do his last therapy appointment then the 10th he’ll see his ortho doctor again. He figures that will be the end of it until his hand gets much worse. He can’t stand the cortizone injections. They don’t last for him and he says they’re to painful.

I sent the Easter cards with Jack this morning to mail so the boys will get their Easter money on time. He’s going to pick up my new white jacket from the cleaners today too. He went and picked up my skirt from them yesterday and dropped off the jacket. She did a really nice job hemming my skirt. I’ll have a lovely spring outfit for his graduation now as I bought a handbag and shoes to match too.

We are trying to figure out when we mailed the April maintenance fee check. I know I wrote it out and got it ready to mail, but we can’t remember mailing it. It is due by the first so I told Jack to call Gary tomorrow and see if he got it. It isn’t in my handbag, Jack’s bag he takes back and forth to work, in the cars, or under anything where I always put it to mail. We must have mailed it! Sheesh.

Sandy: I hope everything went well yesterday foor you.

Jean: I wonder what would happen if yoou didn’t do your part at church and left them a note saying you couldn’t get into the computer, etc, etc. They certainly run their stuff loosy goosey in my opinion. I think the premade bars taste weird. Now that you can make them inn the microwave, they seem super easy. Hope his knee surgery helps him out. Jack has a limp that he’ll always have unless they replace the knees. He’s leery of doing that while he’s still working full time.

Everybody have a good week this week. Tree pollen is very high and I can sure tell. My eyes are driving me crazy. lol
Old 03-28-2018, 03:50 PM   #30  

Talking

Good Afternoon! The sun has been shining all day, no wind blowing, 60 degrees, and it’s a beautiful day in my neighborhood! This morning was my turn to work in the gift shop; lots of lookers but only a couple buyers. We had a tornado drill so spent some time in the bathroom with several other employees. Yesterday afternoon we went to Sioux City, spent major bucks at SAM’s Club, went to Kolby’s band concert, then out for ice cream afterwards. Now I need to write some church cards and think about a grocery list for the weekend. Tomorrow I get a perm and Friday is Bob’s surgery.

“Gma,” did you find your maintenance check? I hope so! I have done the same thing and hate it when I can’t remember. Usually one of us pays enough attention to recall whether we did something or not. Both the secretary and ministry helper could get into my program on their computers and do the posting. They are both part-time and just sooooooo busy. (Busy being social on the phone and whoever walks through the office door.) The secretary is also a beautician and goes to work in her daughter’s shop when she leaves the church at 3. She has custody of a five year old grandson from another daughter and her Mexican husband who is living in Mexico, so works around his school schedule too. We need a full time secretary who is on the ball and I don’t see that happening any time soon.

I need to get busy! Hope you enjoy the rest of a wonderful Wednesday!