Old 03-28-2018, 08:05 AM   #331  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning/evening everyone!

Look's like Easter is at my home on Sunday. We are serving Easter tacos at 2pm if you care to join. Easter tacos are no different than any other day only that they are served on Easter therefore Easter tacos. Good Friday is early release. I will be more than happy to oblige to that.

I have recruited my friend Jenn to give her mini-lead in my home group meeting on Saturday morning. A mini-lead is a 30 minute story of your journey with alcoholism. I already know most all of her story as she came into the meetings about a month after I did. Even tho I know her story I am sure others will like hearing it and may help another fellow AA to stay sober. We connected immediately.

SHADDIE...Your garden stuff sounds so yummy! Love fresh veggies. Especially tomatos and rocket and cauliflower, well most all of it. Yes loving being back to work-NOT. Yep empty out the shed and fill with different junk. bah.

Hello to the rest of you ladies. I will TRY to check back in later today.

Off to the salt mines. Hugs all.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:21 AM   #332  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

I stopped in the Senior Center yesterday to pay for my auction items from the weekend and offered to help the receptionist today who is struggling with finishing up collecting money and such from things that were dumped in her lap and she knows nothing of. So after my doctor's appointment this morning, I will head over there for the afternoon. Will be glad to have the weekend to myself although I am supposed to work on an article for the Shelter newsletter as well as write up the start of the employee/volunteer handbook for the thrift shop. The more I try to pull away, the deeper I get in the quicksand...

Annie - I laughed at your description of Easter tacos. Thank you for the invite. I thought you'd maybe do an egg omlet scramble with ham and peppers in a soft taco shell with a nice zippy salsa. Believe me that's tasty, DH and I have enjoyed them. I'm glad you have a new friend and person to support. You need someone to laugh and not expect anything of you other than a soft shoulder and talk. Nice of her to help you. Can you do the same 12 step for me with Overeaters???? I wish they'd do it up here - we have the AlAnon but not the eating one. Have a good Easter sister friend. Sorry about all the dental work you had to endure...

Mrs. Shad you've got a lovely garden Some really tasty vegs in there. Do you do flowers also? Am I remembering right - do you have issues with rabbits in Australia eating everything that grows? Looking forward to pictures of the new laundry room.

Laura - new hair cut sounds cute. I like your new exercise bike - have you tried it yet? Will you watch tv or just ride it?

Ceejay - glad you are back home. They can give you new lens with the cataract surgery but they can't fix old eyes. That was my problem. I am STILL trying to get the right prescription for new glasses to see better - very annoying.

Hi Dee and Susie.

Sorry to be quick as I should be in the shower this minute instead of still at the computer. I need to drink about 32 ounces of water so they can find a vein to draw bloodwork. Just what I want before weigh in - down a gallon of water. Anyway have a good one ladies.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:42 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Glad that you can help out at the Senior Center this afternoon. I'm thankful that the cataracts are not ready to come off yet.

Annie
Yummy on the taco's for Easter Sunday. Have been hungry for taco's.

----------
Not much going on in my little corner of the world. Spring is coming forth. The ozarks is beautiful.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:43 PM   #334  

Afternoon all.

Annie – Back to work and to a 3 hour dental appointment. Talk about a return to reality. Bleh to that. Anyway, sounds like a great spring break, except the snow of course!! Ugh, mud season started a bit early for your doggy household. == Yum, tacos!

Shad – Your guest isn’t staying in the shed, is she, LOL. Kidding, of course. Just the stuff she brought with her, right? Haha. Must feel good to get that thing cleared out. Send that purging mojo my way, I could use it!! -- Sounds like the garden is going great guns. My greenhouse with a couple different seeds is a failure so far. Have to plant some more and give it some real attention. Ooh, lemongrass – love the scent/flavor!! Happy Easter!! Hope the brunch is a big success, and enjoy the time with your friend.

Happy – Oh wow, busier than ever with the volunteer work. == How was the style show? == Have you gotten back on the NuStep yet? Put yourself first!!! == I don’t think our window well issue is as complicated as yours. It would, however, be helpful to have some sort of x-ray vision to see what we’ve got under our soil as far as drainage pipes go. == The bone growth stimulator does make me feel anything. Another reason why my cynical self leans towards thinking it’s all a big racket.

Ceejay – Glad someone has spring-like weather. == Glad the cataracts are still small and no surgery is needed yet. Nice you’re getting both regular eyeglasses and rx sunglasses! I’m bored with my eyeglass frames – plain old brown. Thinking of ordering the same frame in a blue-ish color. The frame is inexpensive, so it would be a cheap fix vs. ordering entirely new glasses with the expensive lenses. These glasses are less than a year old, so it's too early and too expensive to get new ones.

Susie – Work keeping you busy as ever. Have you been doing your workouts at work this week?? == I hope Genny is not too wiped out from her chemo treatments. Keeping her in my thoughts. == Re the bone stimulator – I made an appointment with the doctor for 8 weeks from now, so I’m sure they’ll do an x-ray to see the progress. == Love that picture of you and your dh with Sting the wrestler!

Dee – Have you had the ultrasound yet? I hope the PA did something to help the pain subside, and I hope she'll have some answers for you soon. The not knowing part is the worst.

==
I've ridden the exercise bike two times now. The resistance has been adjusted, but it still needs adjustment. I think the lowest resistance level should be allowing me to have a higher cadence (revolutions per minute) than I currently do. I hope I didn’t have the wrong idea of what this bike is all about... There is no way someone who is at a beginner level or not very strong can do much on it the way it is now. That said, I'm surprised I haven't been sore.

Anyway, bf has done what he can so as far as adjustments go, so we’ll get someone from Nordic track out to look at it, or maybe we’ll have to swap it out?? The two workouts I did were 5 mile scenic rides, one in Lithuania and one in Makara, New Zealand. Have to say they were pleasant enough, but not stunningly scenic like I thought they might be. Tonight I’m going to do a beginner workout that’s like a cycling class experience. We’ll see what that’s like. Learned we can use an HDMI cable to attach it to the tv and have the console display also display on the tv screen – that would be awesome. Need to get it on the shopping list.

Bf said he was going to get my new cell phone directly through Samsung. Instead he phoned ATT, ended up with the retention folks and is getting me a great deal on my phone, and he’s also getting the same good deal on an upgrade to his phone. I think the phones are supposed to be delivered today.

Work is hosting some kind of happy hour this afternoon. No real occasion, but it’s at the hotel down the block. That’ll be a nice lead-in for the next couple days at work in which the boss will be out of the office.

Okay, gotta get this posted and get some more work done before the happy hour starts. TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:23 PM   #335  
Annie - Indiana

Good Day My Friends!

Went to a wonderful speaker meeting last night. THey had fellowship prior which was a pitch in food. I did not have to bring anything since it was not my home group meeting. You would not believe what alcohol can do to a person. And all the things that are overcome by getting sober. Also got my hairs cut. No more pink, altho it was all gone about a week ago. I think I may do the pink thing again at my June appointment.

My temporary crown is holding tight. Only 17 days till the permanent is delivered/installed. Then May 8 we start the entire procedure all over again for the 2nd crown on the other side. Both teeth being crowned are the two farthest back on the bottom just before the wisdom teeth<---that I have never had and don't have in my gums either. Only 1/3rd of a wisdom tooth came in. That is all I have 1/3rd wisdom. bah. Both had/have fillings that had/have to be drilled out. That is no fun at all. With my insurance my portion for both comes to $1060.00, so long 100. bucks I found in passport, plus more. haha.

LAURA...Welcome to come to my house for Easter tacos as all of you are! I am sure there will be enough to go around. I am also making peanutbutter pie per my son's request and a surprise cherry pie for my SIL as it is her favorite. Any requests? lol I am glad you like your bike, sounds like exercise to me, bleh! I would probably have a heart attack riding it. Yeah on the new cell phone, now to master it. I am still finding things on my 2016 Highlander that I didn't know about. haha. That is what happens when I don't read the auto manual fully. This way we get surprises and think our items are new.

CEEG...Yeah on the non-growth of the cataracts. One less thing to do at this current time. Your pics on FB of the condo area are beautiful. Dog or no dog what a great place to walk. Good for you for getting out and moving.

HAPPY...girl you wear me out. You are right the more you try to cut back, the more you take on. Stop it, just stop it. You are more important than any volunteer job out there. Repeat after me...I (you) are number one! How did the doc appt go? Was this for you foot? I can't keep up with all my ailments, much less everyone on this thread. lol. I do remember I need to make my mammo appt. It is due this month and it will be April in the next couple of days. Time for a new quarterly thread. Where has this year gone?

Best get busy again. No time for the wicked. Love and prayers to all. Hugs
Old 03-30-2018, 12:43 AM   #336  

is this thread beginning to die?
Nothing new in my corner of the world.
Doctor's appointment in the morning

Annie
At least your insurance paid something. Mine paid a very small amount. Going to dike on another insurance to see if they will pay something and then I'm going to drop the one that doesn't pay.

Shad
The area where my sister lives during the week is pretty. I can't handle the hills very well, especially after I fell. 'And down at the cove there is gravel so it's hard walking.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:48 AM   #337  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning Happy Good Friday to everyone. Dh & I really enjoyed our 4 days with our little grandson. We played board games, cards & dominoes teaching him strategy, we like being silly interacting together. Grandpa took him hiking in the woods, I did nature walks with him in our yard He slept with a stuffed family of 5; his chick that sings 'Jesus Loves Me' & his bunny that prays 'Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep' bedtime prayer, his duck, his sister's 3' curly lamb & my 4' bunny that Dh gave me.

Dh doesn't want me posting health problems anymore other than to say ok or not ok results & he had me delete my prior posts. I had my labs & they are ok, my ultrasound wasn't ok, so after my doctor returns from vacation I'll see her, I don't want to discuss my U.S. results with the P.A. & my pain level has gradually decreased from 2 weeks ago.

Annie~ You'd be shocked if some of us arrived for Easter tacos I kept your contact info you gave me a few yrs ago Do your g-babes believe in the Easter Bunny & hunt for eggs on Easter? When our sons were young I did a fun Easter day, including fake bunny tracks on the porch & carrot bites from the bowl of carrots we left for them on our porch.

Ceej, Susie, Laura, Shad, Happy~ What's a typical Easter for you'all? For us; church, dinner, cards, games & being outside on a warm day playing bocce ball, horse shoes & volley ball, some guests lay on a chaise napping while the kiddos play with their toys.

This weekend will be normal for us, Dh is putting new brakes on his truck & I'm doing spring cleaning. Easter dinner is just us this year, a roasted chicken with veggie sides & berry tarts. I need a peaceful weekend right now with only Dh.

miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:01 AM   #338  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!! Easter is just around the corner. Probably do Easter service on Saturday evening. Too much preparation for Easter tacos on Sunday before all arrive.

Last night I was so exhausted and kept yawning I just went to bed at 7:30. Guess I need to get to the doc as I have that creepy weird little cough that started the last bout of Bullsh*t.

DEE...Grands are so much fun, but also exhausting. Where do they get all their energy. Convinced they zap mine right out of me.

CEEG...good luck at the doctor.

Hello's to the rest of you. Hugs and prayers.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:04 AM   #339  
Annie - Indiana

Default Happy easter!

Glad the tomb is open!

Everyone have a wonderful Easter!

Old 03-30-2018, 11:19 AM   #340  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Ceejay - the thread is not dying on my part - I've just had a crazy couple of weeks with lots of unplanned stuff. I also noticed that some of the chicks post at work so if they aren't there, it gets less busy.

Bingo was busy last night. We were short a bingo caller - the regular guy was on vacation and the 2 alternates were doing church things last night. So my regular partner called. He was slow. I had to do all the running around to check bingos and my foot was really acting up badly so I am kind of crippled today. I HAVE to get to the store this morning - not looking forward to it. Yesterday the jackpot went to the ONE person in the room I wished did not win it. She is an awful person - she literally throws money at me. Yesterday she peeled off a bunch of 5 dollar bills - about 6 and threw them on the table at me. She only comes when the jackpot is about to go so she is not a regular and is a gross and nasty person. When she tossed the money at me I just looked at her. Was debating what I was going to say to her but I guess I made a face because her son who was behind her gathered the money and handed it to me. I told D that the next time she did that I was going to give her a quarter (25 cents) and tell her to go buy some manners and take the next person in line. So it was a busy night, my foot hurts and we lost money. Today it's snowing right now. We are supposed to get a bad winter storm tonight dumping any where from 5 to 12 inches of wet, heavy snow. We always get bad weather for Easter - snow, heavy rain, cold, etc. DH and I are going to brunch on Sunday for our dinner - things should be cleared by then. Tomorrow will be an awful day. They also are having a good bye party for one of the nice girls at the Shelter - I'll bet that turns out to be a bust. Too bad because she deserves a nice send off.

Yesterday one of the ladies at the Senior Center said I should be recording my volunteer time. So in between checking bingos, I tried to add it up based a lot honestly on when I was commenting here that I was working in the office. Counting the time I spend on bingo each week and the office - I had over 60 hours of time I volunteered just to that one organization in March. It would have been more but I was sick with the flu at the beginning of the month. And that doesn't count Shelter or Thrift Shop time spent. No wonder I don't have any time to myself. I have a full time volunteer job Need to work on that.

I am coughing alot like I have something stuck in the back of my throat. I hate that hacking cough. Makes my eyes tear. Alot of people are complaining about that. Too early for pine pollen so not sure if it's just the dryness in the house.

Annie - if you are that tired so early it means your body needs rest. Glad you heeded that and went to sleep early. Hope your Easter tacos come out tasty yummy. I'm glad you really enjoyed that motivational speaker. We need to hear more good things in life. Boo on the dental work. My wisdom teeth NEVER came in and I did pretty well in life without them so ... maybe we don't need them or I'm just lucky No... actually I worked hard for what I have and I'm sure you did too.

Dee - why is your husband reading your online posts? A girl should have some privacy Hope you feel better.

Ceejay - it is really pretty out your way. I loved the picture of the blooming tree you posted. I sort of miss the southern spring blooming but not the allergies that go along with it.

Laura - sounds like you'll have a long weekend AND a nice quiet week ahead. Isn't that great? Your bike sounds like it would work better for someone of medium height. Got some interesting visuals for workouts. Worth exploring. I'm not sure you will "feel" the results of the bone stimulator but keep up with it.

Shaddie - I think I'd like to come over by you for Easter brunch. I am way tired of cold and grey days at this point. Some fresh garden vegs sound very good too.

Hi Susie - hope you can get away from the office to have yourself a nice Easter weekend with maybe an early out today if you have to work at all.

Well kids - snow is coming down harder - this was supposed to be flurries - the big storm hitting late tonight but DH is ready to take me so I'd better collect my stuff and get ready.

I hope you all have a nice weekend and remember to be grateful for the good things in life.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:55 PM   #341  

Dee ie oweijur o
Old 03-30-2018, 04:46 PM   #342  

Dee
I'm not sure what this thing is trying to say hope it's not cursing. Setting up a Bluetooth keyboard on another tablet. Why can't I remember how to do it from one time to the next. I will go to church on Sunday then out to my sister's home in Ash Grove, Missouri. Some of her grand children will be there and she is preparing lunch which will probably be a feast . Then more than likely an Easter egg hunt. I'm going back to Branson as it is my turn to start picking up the niece from work again.

Annie
At the doctor visit some blood was drawn but it stopped. Dehydration. Now I know what the water is for. Dahhhhhhh. Doc is kinda of puzzled when I told him my symptoms. Kept asking me about sleep but that didn't pan out. He said he didn't think I had sleep apnea. And checked my lungs and told me they were as clear as a bell. Have to go back next week after I'm hydrated to draw more blood for CBC. They had enough for some of the other.

Happy
My goodness lady 60 hours of volunteer work at one place is to much but I know you like to keep busy. I love the change of seasons. Think Spring is becoming my favorite time of the year. The thunderstorms doesn't bother me as bad since I don't have all that expensive equipment at work to watch out for. I hope that you have a nice weekend.

Shad and Susie and Laura Hello. Will be back to see if you have posted.

Another part of my week end was Maundy Thursday but I didn't feel like going to the service last night. Nothing tonight and tomorrow we have a prayer vigil to help watch the tomb of Jesus. Then Sunday morning is a sunrise service and regular church. It's usually a busy week end.
After the doctor's visit, I decided to go to Fleet Feet to look for a pair of shoes. As Susie said they were very helpful. First I stood on the machine which measured the instep of my feet and some other things and then he brought out about 3 different kinds of shoes. The new balance fit the best on my feet. I did get the insoles to go in my shoes. Think I need to bring my niece down here to buy her a pair of good shoes or at least get her an insole.

I will spend the night with sis and BIL tomorrow night to stay for sunrise service and the festivities at her house. My turn is for prayer vigil is from
1- 2p.m. I think, sis is going to verify it for me.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:03 PM   #343  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Apologies for not being around much. Very busy with family and friends.
Happy Easter every one
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:15 PM   #344  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone,

Last week was very busy with my VP here and other work. You know how my work world goes.

I did take a vacation day on Friday and I flexed my overtime for the week so I didn’t have to actually use any vacation time. Which is a good thing as I will use 1 day a month from now through July to go to chemo with Genny.

Friday, I had big plans to do some deep cleaning but woke up feeling achy and really tired so we only got a couple of rooms deep cleaned and I napped off and on all day. I felt better on Saturday and did just some regular cleaning and laundry. We also went to see the movie “I can only imagine”….what a movie! The story behind the song is truly a God thing.

Today we went to church and then had dinner out with friends and my brother, James and the boys. A very nice afternoon. Now, I’m finishing up the last load of laundry and I want to get to bed early. I really need to get back on the workout wagon but I’ll catch it tomorrow.

Dee: It sounds like you had a very nice time with your grandson. I continue to keep you in my prayers.

Annie: How did the Easter tacos turn out? I’m sure everyone enjoyed them. I’m glad to hear the temporary crown is holding up well. I have never had one and I hope I don’t have one in my near future.
I go to the dentist Monday morning and hope he can do a filling were I chipped the back of my front tooth 3 weeks ago when eating an ice cream cone in a waffle cone—that is what I get for getting the one with nuts!
The dentist mentioned he might end up having to do a crown but will try the filling first.

Happy: I am not surprised by the number of hours you put into volunteering. I think it is good that you added it all up so you could get a true look of the time you are putting in. I bet if you also added up the gas, and the other expenditures that you incur from all that time you would also be surprised at what it is costing you to volunteer so much.
I think it is wonderful that you volunteer, we need more people like you in this world, however it shouldn’t cost you more time and money and leaving you feeling worn out. My thought is do enough that you get enjoyment of giving back and when it feels like it is draining you, say no.
As for the lady at bingo that throws money at you….well, I would have already given her a piece of my mind.

Laura: How do you like the bike and the iFit subscription? Both my treadmill and the bike have the iFit option but it looks like mine has some sort of tape or something I insert into my machines. I think I’m going to see what it is all about and I would like to hear what yours is like and how you like them.
How is your hair doing with the new texturing? It sounds cute.

Ceejay: I have to drink a lot of water when I’m getting blood work done. If I don’t they have trouble getting enough as my veins collapse and also roll.
I hope you haven’t had any more spells like the one you had a few weeks back.

Shad: I haven’t received a package yet. It makes sense to not send the wig. Genny said with summer coming on she really thinks she will do hats a lot and she’s excited to get the package and is very thankful for it. Genny was tired the day after her 1st chemo but felt ok the next day. She has another one this coming Thursday. Her husband is taking her to this one. The next one on April 19, I am taking her.

It sounds like you are busy with your family and friends..enjoy the company!

I will stop for now and get this posted. I should be around a lot more this week. I am taking another vacation day on Friday and DH is taking on with me. We are going to TOPS SRD (State Recognition Days) in Columbus (and staying overnight) and I’m very excited to go and be motivated by the success stories and such that will be part of the two day convention.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:53 AM   #345  
Annie - Indiana

Good Monday Morning!

Heading off to the doctor tomorrow afternoon. Got it in my chest again. Hoping to nip it before it gets too far gone.

Easter was fabulous. Easter tacos were a huge hit. Also made the gauc which was also a huge hit. We have enough fixings leftover to make chimichangas for dinner tonight. Easy Peasy!! Both the boys were so excited about the Easter bunny. Kept saying the could see some eggs hidden already in the yard through the window. We hadn't even gotten that far yet. lol. When they went with their dad for a few hours we hid them then. They came home to the hunt. We only hid 18 plastic eggs. None with candy. Just dinosaurs, ninjas, stickers and money. Royce opened several of his eggs then said loudly, I hope I don't get anymore with dollars in them. Guess toys are more important.

Woke up to 2.2 inches of snow on the ground. This is not funny anymore mother nature. At least it only snowed on the grass and trees, rather pretty. None on the streets and sidewalks. I am WAY over snow and cold. Come on spring/summer.

SUSIE...very sweet of you to go with Genny once a month to her chemo. You are an awesome friend. Glad your work week can somewhat get back to the regular fast pace of normalcy. bah. I have fillings on the bottom front two teeth as they broke off on the back. Had to have them redone several times as the fillings did not stay in/on. This last time they seem to be holding up. Knock on wood. I am loving my new dentist.

SHADDIE...have fun with your visitor.

CEEG...your Easter sounded very nice. Drink more water, as if we have never heard that one before. I am guilty of not getting enough water either. I try. Probably only get about half of what I should.

HAPPY...Geez you need to be cloned for all the work you do at Bingo! Knowing you, if cloned, you would just take on ever more. Remember YOU come first. Just say no sometimes. Eh, don't answer the phone. I don't know. Something. Time to start a new quarterly thread, but you don't have to "VOLUNTEER" to do it. bah Hugs my friend.

HELLO LAURA...hope you Easter was awesome!

Hi DEE!

Hello to anyone I may have missed.

Hugs to all.