Old 03-07-2018, 12:35 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
Glad the vitamin D level was in good range. A lot of us are deficient age we age. I'll get mine tested when I go to the doctor later this month. My sis took off from work to go to her "step granddaughter's" wedding this week. I don't mind. The only thing is that dreaded trip up this steep and crooked hill to get my niece after dark from one of her meetings. Sis has been doing that. I've been coming back on Sunday afternoon but I'm thinking about coming back Monday's since my niece has decided not to do her classes on Monday but on Tuesday. I hear you on those "just a couple of pounds" a year adding up over the years.

Happy
Wow, I may have to try Nyquil the next time I am stuffed up. That seems to at least let you rest. and sleep heals the body. Glad you stood your ground yesterday about closing the store. It was really windy here also. I don't mind helping out, but I have to keep telling myself I'm not running behind my niece to pick up behind her. It gets on my nerves. I did put her clothes in the dryer cause I need to do my laundry today. I don't mind helping out and it does keep me busy, plus I have a roof over my head and food to eat. Who could ask for more. Oh was going to mention at book club before we started a coupe was talking about the Hello Fresh meals. They seemed to like them. I may try that after I get back home.

Annie
I usually wait for the movie to come out on DVD and I will probably get this one or rent it. Hope it comes out on Netflix. Back to clean eating this week. I want to lose 5 pounds this month.

Susie
Saw you photo's on FB and you look awesome.

Hello's to Shad and Dee.

Not much going on today. I've been to take my niece to work and to the gym. Rode the bike for 35 minutes. Stopped by Walmart to pick some things I forgot yesterday. Making meatloaf for dinner tonight. Having a salad for lunch.

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-07-2018 at 12:37 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:58 PM   #272  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,

I am having a wonderful time with my friend from Denmark. We have done a lot of fun things and a lot of shopping.

Today, I bought a new pair of workout shoes. My old ones are almost 4 yrs old! I went to a place called Fleet Feat where they measure your foot, your instep, your heal—they used to do it without technology but now they have this analyzer you stand on.

Based on it they bring out 3 to 4 pairs of shoes for you to try on. They spend a lot of time watching you walk, encourage you to wear them out on the side walk and walk, run, etc.

I did this 4 years ago and did it again today and I love my new shoes! They feel great! There is no cost for the fitting. The shoes aren’t cheap; but they are worth it. I ended up with a pair of Brooks..like I did 4 years ago.
My Danish friend did this too and she ended up with New Balance.

Thank you all for good thoughts and prayers for my friend Genny. Her MRI on Tuesday showed no other tumors. She will see surgeon and oncologist tomorrow. She already knows they are recommending a lumpectomy.

I have stayed off work email with the exception of 10 min last night and 10 min tonight.

Sorry for now personals. I’ll get back to them.

Have a great rest of the week ladies!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:29 AM   #273  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Pretty Ladies...

SUSIE...glad you are having a wonderful time with your friend. The work out shoes sound amazing. You certainly deserve them with all your working OT and exercising. Good for you. Back away from work email. Just back away.

CEEG...that would be great if you could stay at home one more day and go back to sissy on Monday. Might just be the break you need from all that.

LAURA...hmmm Vit D is ok. Wonder what the problem with foot is? How did you like the two movies, Billboard and Tonya. Sam and I are thinking about renting from redbox and watching them, if we could ever fit them into our schedule. lol. WHen will you get your results from MRI?

HAPPY...hope you and DH are feeling better. Takes forever to recover from things the older we get, at least for me anyway. I am trying to stay away from C as he has come down with a cold again and says it is hard for him to breathe. Me thinks maybe he may have a bit of asthma. He will have to go to his doc rather than the clinic to figure that one out. Yes, my oldest bro, who I am going with to see A Wrinkle in Time with also introduced me to Scify. I will prob like this movie. I will let you know once we see it on Saturday.

After the movie on Sat we are going to Redbone's pizza in Knightstown. It is the pizza joint a friend of mine owns. THey have great salads, broasted chicken and wonderful pizza. They now offer a crustless pizza as she is doing KETO also and incorporated into the menu. VICTORY.

The weather here sucks right now. Cold, windy and blowing light snow. It has created a LOT of black ice on the major highways and all of them I74, I70, I69 and I465 around Indy have major crashes and are closed in various places. Thank you Jesus I don't have to take the highway to work anymore. Straight shot on a road less traveled altho it needs resurfaced and potholes filled desperately. Must be wide awake to drive to work to dodge the holes. Good thing I am a morning person.

Last night we had to pick up Cs box truck from the repair shop. We stopped at Jimmy Johns for a bite. Love love love their veggie unwich (lettuce wrap). It was very good. C liked his sandwich also. It was actually his first time at JJs. Came home and folded the towels out of the dryer. That was about it. Bed by 8pm. I am so tired lately but think it is from all the stress at work and home.

Make it a great day/night. Hugs. Hi to SHADDIE and DEE.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:52 AM   #274  

Annie
I've heard of Jimmy Johns but I'm not sure if Branson has one or if it is in Springfield.
It would be nice to have a few extra hours at home. And if niece doen't go to class except for her one on on couseling session I think I'm going to spend Sunday night at home too. Book club is after church on Sunday and sometimes it's late getting out puttin me close to dark when I get back to Branson.

Happy
I read your post about the kitten playing with the ball at night. Miley plays with any small enough that she can scoot around. She brings a lot of joy to me. Hope you are feeling better?

Susie
I wish they had that option in buying shoes here. I do like the SAS and Rockport brand but they are really expensive. Glad you enjoyed the visit with your friend.

------------
There has been a couple of cold days this week. This morning we had frost on the windshield but it wasn't to bad.
Niece had to help close last night so I took the dog with me to pick her up. He makes me feel safe. This trip is more well lit than up that steep hill.
I'm going to try to find the bank some time today. I down loaded the app so I could tak a picture of the refund check but I didn't fully understand the process. I don't really trust that either. I thought the bank was on 76 strip but it's off on a side road accordng to google map. Should have looked at that map more closely. And I made it through the round about.
I'm not going to work out this morning but may after lunch.

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-08-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:51 PM   #275  

Evening all. I’m happy the sun was out today. I'm also loving that it's light when I leave work. And this Sunday is DST!!

Ceejay – I’m glad you don’t mind the transportation duties for the niece. Probably good to keep busy, keep you out of trouble, haha. It sounds nice if you have that extra day at home before going to the condo. I know I need to develop some hobbies, otherwise I can’t imagine what I'll do in my retirement. == How was the meatloaf? == I’ve never tried depositing a check by taking a photo (I imagine you use the bank’s app?), but luckily, getting to my bank isn’t a big deal as it’s right across the street from my office building, and there are a couple branches really close to home too.

Annie – I liked both of the movies – Three Billboards and I, Tonya. Neither are lighthearted movies, but Billboards had a lot of humor in it, and I, Tonya was definitely a dark comedy. Both had great casts. == I think C should get tested for asthma – get the pulmonary function test, etc. When I get colds and other illnesses with nasal and lung congestion, the asthma just makes it worse. Even if he usually doesn’t have symptoms, he could have a prescription inhaler for the times when he does to make breathing easier. == So what holds the toppings on a crustless pizza? Does it have a cauliflower crust? == I go to Jimmy John’s every once in a while. I find it strange that some of the sandwiches don’t come with cheese… Probably good to get the unwich because their bread is no big deal. I’ve had that unwich once a while back, might have to have it again - but remember to order cheese on it, lol.

Susie – I’m glad you’re enjoying your time with your friend from Denmark, and staying (mostly) away from the work stuff. I went to a similar type of store for my last pair of sneakers and I’ll probably return when I need new ones because I like that they observe your gait, take your time fitting you, etc. When I’ve bought shoes on my own, a few times I’ve ended up with the wrong kind for my feet and gait, and it really makes a difference.

Happy - How're you feeling? Hope bingo goes okay.

Hi Dee, hi Shad.
==

I had my MRI last night. My head wasn’t all the way inside the tube, it was right at the opening on one end so it wasn’t too awful. I sure was glad when it was over because I started getting stiff from laying on my back for those 30 minutes and not moving. I need to work my core!!

I was surprised that the doc phoned me to discuss the results this afternoon - quick. Bad news - the bone isn't healed. Recommended a bone growth stimulator, wear it on my foot 30 minutes a day. I'll get set up for that machine next week, then see the doc in 8 weeks. Short of surgery, that's my option. Oh well. I'll certainly hit my med insurance deductible soon enough this year.

That's about it for me. Wishing a good rest of the day to all of you. TTYL.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:14 AM   #276  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY FRIDAY! and pay Friday...Nice to have and see you later $$. lol

Made keto fried chicken, fresh cauliflower which tastes so much better than the frozen and mashed potatos for the rest of the crowd. Was going to make gravy for them also but we were out of milk. That is unusual for our house to be out of milk with the babes. Sam brought some home when she came back from doing pull ups for C. Too late. Cleaned the kitchen then went to bed at 8 pm. Tried to stay awake to watch MOM which came on at 9. Missed the first 10 minutes of it and then it wasn't a very good one. Bah.

LAURA...thanks for the heads up on the test for asthma. I had no idea what they did for asthma testing. The veggie unwich from JJ comes with cheese. Very tasty. It comes with a gaucamole spread on it also. YUM. Now I am Jonesing for another one. Dang. Hmmm the bone isn't healed. Wonder if the bone would heal with surgery? Ankle foot surgery is NOT for wimps. Just saying! Thanks for the update on the movies. May try to get around to them in the next week or so.

CEEG...Cold days here too, frost and fog like crazy. Today is a nice sunrise-posted it on FB. Grateful to park the car in our garage at night. Did your deposit make it to the bank from the picture post?

Hello to the rest of ya's. Make it a wonderful weekend.

Hugs..
Old 03-09-2018, 08:31 AM   #277  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Started a post yesterday and then never got to finish it. I am still sniffly, coughing and blowing my nose but am on the mend at last. Wednesday I worked at the senior center for the morning, had lunch with DH and then he dropped me off at the Thrift Shop to work the afternoon shift (I had traded with another volunteer when I had originally planned my doctor's appointment in Duluth). Much as I was feeling good at the start of the day, by 11am I could tell I probably pushed it too much to work all day but I had already committed... I was so tired when I got home that I didn't even want to fix myself something to eat even though I was hungry. DH had a frozen dinner and offered me one but I have to be careful of what I eat right now as my stomach is wonky from the medications I've been downing.

I went to bed at 11 which is early for me and promptly fell into a coma which is what I needed. Slept until 7:30 when I woke up with such a strong charlie horse in my leg that I could not even stand up on it. Not sure how long that was going on, when it finally subsided, my leg was sore clear up to my butt!

I got a call from the senior center in the afternoon - the bus broke down - I think we need a new one. Lots of people depend on that bus to get around town to doctor's appointments and such - M wanted to warn me that there will probably be a lot of angry people tomorrow when I am working the entire day. And we don't know when the bus will get fixed or how much it will cost at this point - might not have the money for a costly repair. Yikes. Bingo was ok, the kitchen helper quit so I helped out a little longer than usual in the kitchen yesterday. Always some kind of drama...

Laura - I would like to see I, Tonya but will probably have to wait until it comes on cable. 3 Billboards is on pay per view now, I was debating watching that also. Thanks for the reviews. Allison Janney looked like she really hammed it up as Tonya's mom - she's a very good actress - can really play those characters you love to hate. That is really unfortunate news about your foot. I'm not sure what is worse - surgery or that contraption for the bone! I'm sure in retirement, your days will fill you. Look at Ceejay - never planned on doing what she does and it came to her

Ceejay - you sure are fearless driving new places. I have no sense of direction and get lost easily. I'm glad you are having fun with the new kitten. I'm not sure I like the deposit your check by phone pic app either. Of course I am leery of things like that anyway.

Annie - love the idea of a veggie unwich. I'm glad a lot of the fast food places are incorporating things like keto into their menus. C should probably see a doctor about the asthma - much as he does not want to see another doctor. Once you get compromised with breathing issues, things like colds have more serious ramifications. As Laura said, at least get a rescue inhaler. Trying to clear my lungs right now I am thinking of poor Mellie who did not have the muscle strength to get out a good cough. Her everyday life must have been so difficult. I'm with you and all about spring thaws coming SOON. I'm glad you don't have to be in the mess of traffic on the highways.

Susie - glad you are having fun with your Danish friend. The new shoes sound amazing and like the girls said - you use them so much you should get something that works well and is comfortable. How much longer will your friend be here?

Time for me to get ready and out the door. I hate getting up at 6 on a cold winter's day. SO glad not to have to work regularly any more.

Have a good one ladies. Hello to Shad and Dee.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:30 AM   #278  

Default Hello

Typing from my tablet. I'm home till Sunday.
Going to take my vehicle down to the mechanic to see why the cover to the gas tank will not open when the lever is engaged. It takes two people
to open it.
I was a bit concerned because my niece didn't finish her test last night for her supervisors position but she told me this morning her boss extended the date till the 17th.
Sis didn't sleep good last night. She is very congested. She's like me with bad allergies from working outside this past weekend. The morning is getting away from me. I will be back later

Annie
I ate cauliflower last weekend which wasn't bad at all.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:33 AM   #279  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone,

Today we did some sight-seeing downtown in Cincinnati. We went to the American Sign Museum. It was very interesting and fun to see how neon signs are made and to learn the history or signs. They had a lot of signs that really take a person back.

We then went downtown to get some pictures of the skyline and interesting points. It was very cold today so instead of walking around, we got on the new Connecter Street Car and got off at spots that interested us and then got back on and went to the next stop. It was a good way to get around.

Tomorrow/today we are going to meet up with my brother and his family and go to dinner and then come home pretty early as we take Mathilde back to the airport on Sunday for her to fly home.

I have so enjoyed having her with us. I feel sad that she will be leaving. I did take Monday off from work so I can get the house cleaned and myself ready for work on Tuesday.

Laura: That was shocking about the bone in your foot. At least now you know what is going on and should start getting on the road to recovery.

Annie: I didn’ know that JJ has that veggie sandwich—I will have to check it out. There is a JJ across the street from my work.

Happy: I sure hope you are feeling better. Did the issue with the bus for the senior citizens get resolved? I imagine many would be upset if that this their means of transportation.

I am a bit late for this, but want to send my congratulations on your recent Wedding Anniversary! I loved seeing the “early year” pictures.

Ceejay: Did you make it to the bank? I have been using the mobile deposit app when DH has a mileage check. It took me a bit to get the hand of it (just a couple of times) and I always get a confirmation when it is received and then processed. I just keep the check until I see it in my bank account and then I shred it.

Hi Dee & Shad.

I am going to bed. I do have an update on my friend Genny and will share more of it later. Her breast cancer is Triple Negative Breast Cancer. About 10-15% of breast cancers are Triple Negative. I have been reading about it and how it is treated in a different way than other breast cancers. She goes into battle on March 22---her first chemo.

Thank you in advance for praying for her. Sometimes when I think about what she is going to go through I can hardly breathe, but then I remember how much she needs me and how much I love her and will fight with her.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:29 AM   #280  

Default morning

Susie
I looked up the Fleet Feat and found one that is near me. I'm going today.
Yes I made it to the bank but I waited till I got home to go. Glad I did as I had another refund check to deposit. i asked some questions about the app and if I need to use it again I will know how. You have made some great memories with your friend from Demark.

Happy
It's just me during the day and if I need to run an errand I have to do it. Thank goodness for google maps. My bank is known for it's lime green building and that was what I was looking for but little did i know that it was that color. I'm getting used to the territory by driving around. I do hate the round about but am getting used to it.

----------
I bought myself a small little key board to pair with my tablet. It's so much easier to use. It's a Bluetooth.
Weighed myself this morning and the scale was nice to me. It read 189.8. It's been a long time since I've seen that number. This means I've lost 11 pounds since the first of the year.
Need to get up and get some things done, like laundry.

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-10-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-11-2018, 06:15 PM   #281  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Got a fair amount of painting done yesterday - the cat decided not to decorate on the way through so all in all pretty happy with my efforts. Today I will put the first top coat on the walls, touch up the glitches in the laundry and paint the bedroom wall as well. Just won't do it before this afternoon since MR DOG is here again. We've been out for a walk and I am just finishing breakfast before getting on with the bedrooms and sweeping and dusting. Might also get the bathroom done and then tomorrow will be painting or prepping for paint for most of the day. Still raining off and on, although today is not supposed to be too bad, the rest of the week will be pretty wet.

My friend in Melbourne is retiring in 2 weeks time and will come up here to live. She is staying with me for a week while her apartment is being cleaned and checked by the body corporate and will then move in there. So it will be a busy time for us and we also have Easter in the middle of that. I am having a brunch on Easter Sunday and Monday for the family and friends to meet her and then she will have at least someone she knows around the place. Not sure what food to make yet. If you have some suggestions - now might be a good time to air them

Happy: Glad to hear you are on the mend. Soup, soup, soup for wonky tummies - the clear consommé ones or maybe milky ones, not tomato/ acid based tho'.

Annie: That vege unwich sounded really good. Must get to and make some san choy bau which sounds much the same as your unwich except that it will have some noodles in it.

Laura: Sorry to hear that the bone is not healing well. Hope this growth stimulator works for you. It's been a long time now since you got this problem.

Ceejay: Not sure I would be happy with photo cheques to the bank either. I am really not terribly happy with everything on line these days. It lends itself to some one getting rich by hacking people. It may be the way the world is going, but I am pretty sure it will come back and bite some people and probably soon. Not sure if enough safeguards are built in or that people are honest enough.
Hope you niece is putting in the time for her course. So it's been extended. Best to get it over and done in plenty of time rather than leaving it all to the end of the period. That's my thoughts anyway.

Susie: How nice that you are having such fun with your friend. I guess she is on her way home now and you will be heading back to work soon. It sounds like it's been a great break for you.
I feel for your friend starting the chemo. It's not a pretty thing. Let me know if I can give her any information or help that the hospitals and doctors don't tell you about or anyway skip over as 'an unfortunate side effect' If she loses her hair, I have some hats here that I no longer need and she is welcome to them if she would like them. No pressure, but the offer is there.

Dee: Where did you go. Are you okay?

And that is about it for now. I am going out to do some gardening after beds and baths. With the rainy weather and mild temps has come WEEDS and I should get back into the shed again and see what I can chuck out of there. See you all
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:01 AM   #282  
Annie - Indiana

And here it is Monday AGAIN. Bright side...I think...we get to see another day!

A Wrinkle in Time....not really my cup of tea. Too weird, crazy. Have to watch with no interruptions and follow it. My SIL asked me several things about which she did not understand. I had to ask Samantha a question or two myself. The three of us working together made it through. Altho, I also thought is was kind of draggy also. SiFi for sure. Definitely a rent rather than theater, IMO. Then I don't know if I would rent it. Acting was great.

After the movie we all drove to Redbone's Pizza in Knightstown, IN. 45 minute drive from my house. The gal that introduced me to Keto WOE owns the shop. Therefore she offers a crustless pizza. It was delish. Couldn't finish it and brought it home for later. My bro had a pizza sub and coleslaw. He love it. They make there own coleslaw from scratch. From grinding the cabbage and carrots themselves to making their own slaw dressing. I have had it before but did not this time as it has sugar in it. SIL had the broasted chicken, coleslaw and potato wedges. Sam had appetizers of jalapeno poppers, something else I cannot remember and slaw.

Sunday morning, church. C went with, Sam slept in. It was about temptation and not letting it interfere in your life. Pastor Kris gave us a mantra to remember and recite in our own heads or out loud. "I will not let temptation interfere with my FAITH, FAMILY or FUTURE." Believe it or not when we left the church C said it was a powerful message speaking to him. My THOUGHT was, "well DUH". Then surprisingly he recited it back to me as we were going to bed. Shocked he remembered it as he doesn't remember or conveniently doesn't remember most things. We went to Blueberry Hill Pancake House for breakfast/lunch. C had scrambles eggs, country fried pork chops, hashbrowns, pancakes and a biscuit. I had BBQ chicken, salad and greenbeans. It is owned by a Greek family and their food is SOOOO good.

In the afternoon I went to the grocery and then to Home Depot (Hardware store). Purchased a new garage door opener, rug for living room and a few odds and ends. The rest of the evening was vegging and not doing much of nothing. Dinner was leftovers from the various restaurant joints.

SHADDIE...I am convinced you walk around your home and just paint anything that gets in your way. haha. Glad your weather is cooling down but boo on all the wetness. If we can make it through to Thursday here our weather is supposed to warm up to about 60 but until then 35, cold, gray and dreary. bleh. Why is your friend moving from Melbourne to retire? More people she knows or just a good place to be?

SUSIE... will keep your friend Genny in my prayers. So glad you had an enjoyable time while your friend was visiting. Back to the grind tomorrow. Back to focusing on you and your healthy habits and exercising.

HAPPY...how are you and DH feeling? How was your weekend? I hope you stayed home and rested.

LAURA...bone stimulator hmmm, sounds like something you should try, especially before the surgery road.

CEEG...Hope you had safe travels. Thought you might wait till Monday/today to go back to Sis's house.

HELLO DEE...hope you are feeling well.

Make it a great day/night. Hugs
Old 03-12-2018, 09:25 AM   #283  

Morning all from the train. Gonna keep it short as I don't like typing on the phone. And the 3fc mobile site doesn't let me see your posts when I'm in reply mode.

Weekend was alright. I took mom shopping and I was gone from about 9:30 am until nearly 3 pm. Went to the crummy Walmart because they have the large package of the veggie burgers that the other Walmart doesn't have. Then Aldi, then Panera for lunch, then the other Walmart because she needed spinach (the crummy Walmart doesn't have produce) and she'd forgotten milk. Then back to her place to haul it all up to her unit. Then finally home to bring in the much fewer items I bought. I was whooped after that. Bf and i went out for a quick bite and that was about it for my Saturday.

On Sunday I did my taxes and filed both - fed was via turbo tax, state was directly thru their site. Took a bit longer as I hadn't printed everything - more is paperless now and I have to go to the sites and seek it out. Glad that's done!!

That's about it for me. I'll try to get back for personals later. The boss's eagle eyes saw the site on my screen one morning last week and he didn't like that, so that's that.

Have a good day everyone!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:53 AM   #284  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Happy Monday chickies,

My least favorite day yesterday - losing a precious hour of the day. I am constantly running behind as it is, don't make me an hour later! The weekend flew by as it does. I did some work on the financials for the thrift shop, did some laundry and odd things around the house. Saturday I felt like I was coming down again with round 2 of the viral thing so I took it easy. Yesterday ran around with some errands and had a long talk with one of the board members about things going on at the thrift shop that bother me. Good talk. Today I/we are having lunch at the senior center - meat loaf - then I am going to work the afternoon shift at the shop. Tomorrow I get my hair done - can't wait - I have a raggedy mop well overdue for cut and color. I think I am going to get it cut short to just below my ears. Hairdresser wanted to grow it out and it's just not working - my gray hair does not take a bend from the blow dryer and it looks awful and choppy. Maybe that's trendy but I don't like it. I have yoga this week - have missed the last 3 weeks. Deciding if I will go to my last writing class tomorrow. I did not enjoy this one although it could have been fun if I put more into it. Friday I worked all day at the senior center. The bus broke down - brakes - so it was a bit more quiet than usual although I did get a lot of calls about affordable housing, where do I get my taxes done, meals on wheels and some class offerings. The kitchen manager asked me to type up some stuff and I was full on busy all day. Most of the people were out of the office but those of us left - we had an enjoyable day so it was all good. I did realize that you have to be a fountain of information - people come in with all sorts of questions so it's always interesting.

Laura - sounds like you have what we call a "ghetto Walmart" That's the one we have here in town - doesn't have near the amount of stuff the much newer, better Super Walmart has in the town an hour's drive away. But they are remodelling ours from what I hear - right now you can't find anything so I am avoiding it until everything is in place again and I have 2 hours available to search the aisles. Bummer when you have to go to 3 different stores to get what you need from one shopping trip. So are you going to go with the bone stimulator? Sounds scary but necessary to me. I hope that won't make things sore for you as you do a lot of walking.

Annie - thank you for my smile for the day about Shad painting anything that isnt nailed down I will smile about that all day. I also liked your quote from church. That is very true. Glad C liked it too - we all have to look for those subtle brick in the head things that finally make sense to us. Your weekend sounded fun - bummer the movie was not quite what you thought it would be. I do remember the book being very, very odd. I did pick up a copy when an old library book showed up at the thrift shop so I would have to re-read it before seeing the movie. I'm not sure I'm that geared up on it in the first place but thanks for the review. Your food sounded good and it's a testament that once you find a WOE that works for you and change your mindset - things fall into place. I was thinking about how much weight I gained since I got married. Shameful actually. Then I was thinking if DH gained that much weight what he would look like - it was kind of shocking to think about it. I know all this weight is also killing my foot and knees. So back on tracking on MFP again. We are not getting much interest in starting a TOPS group up here much to my disappointment...

Shad the painter queen I think it's more you are the type of gal who sets her mind to doing something and gets it done. Admirable. Glad your friend is moving up your way. Will be nice to have a buddy although it does sound like you have enough social contacts when you need them although maybe many of them rely on your for assistance, perhaps this one can be for fun things! I could not even begin to suggest something for your Easter brunch - your foods are quite different than ours. If strawberries are not too dear - there was a lovely simple dessert we had with fresh sliced strawberries drizzled with a simple glaze of sugar and reduced balsamic vinegar that was lovely. I have to take note when I make something and you comment on it so that I can feed you tasty things when you come to visit.

Ceejay - congrats on seeing a lower number on the scale. Do you think chasing after the animals and walking the dog is helping out? Keep up the good work!

Susie - sad your vacation and visit with Mathilde is coming to an end. Sounds like you had a really enjoyable time. I had seen a documentary or something once about neon signs. It was fascinating as I am sure the museum was also.

Sorry to make this short but time's a ticking and I have to get a few things done before I head off for the day.

Have a good one everybody!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:50 PM   #285  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

There's a saying in the navy. If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, paint it. I'm following in the naval footsteps. Lucky the cat and the dog move and that the neighbour is spritely enough to get out of the way. I do a lot of saluting.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote