Old 02-16-2018, 05:55 AM   #196  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning it's 5:30am here, Dh just left for work. Last night I plugged in my tablet in my bathroom & Dh used it knocking the plug out of the outlet in the dark so here I am with it blinking 1% plugged back in & typing in my jammies now to finish my post to Shad. Dh willl be reminded about this, because I Never use his stinky potty down the hall.

LilMissGem ~ to the thread We are pleased to have another Chick in the flock. I hope you'll soon feel at home with us!

Shaddie ~ Thanks for your info on the chefs from my last post to you. A church we had gone to had a Aussie couple & when I asked their favorite vacation spot, they both said at the same time 'New Zealand' It's so nice that people in your area can easily go to both of your countries. You always had so much going on that my mind went blank regarding both your sons & doggy & your changing work destinations. My Heart is sad that your body & life went through cancer I won't ask you details & put you through those memories. I do Thank Jesus for letting you stay Here Longer on earth, HE has awesome plans for you on earth & I know your family & ALL of us are Grateful to keep you with us (Wherever JOY Is, there is Peace & Love). Medical science continues to conquer disease daily Umm, does Ostrich tastes like a big turkey I couldn't eat any crocodile because I'd wonder WHO it may have eaten in it's lifetime Are you on a medical leave or did you retire early, can I ask your age because you look in the 50's to me? Every countries government has such different requirements to follow for retiring...

I begin a very, very busy day in 2 hours so I'm getting a nap until 7:30am. TGIF & Dh is home

Sending Happy & Safe wishes to Everybody for this Weekend & Always
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:58 AM   #197  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

TGIF fo SHO!

Ever have one of those days when you definitely need a "to do" list for work. Well today is my day. Gonna post then get my list started. I have so much to accomplish in 8 short/long hours.

I made very yummy chicken salad with the leftover fried chicken. I used green onion rather than yellow/white onion and it made the salad oh so much better. Not overwhelming from the onions. Garlic sea salt, pepper, swerve artificial sugar 1TBS, green pepper, grapes-not keto so ate around them, hard boiled eggs, chicken of course, Duke's mayo-no carbs very delish. I brought a small scoop to add to my salad at lunch. Oops, so dang good and in my head that I ate the chicken salad for breakfast. lol. So meatless salad for lunch.

LM GEM...welcome to the Worldlies. Hope to see you post regularly.

DEE...I don't really measure so this is as good as it gets on the fried chicken in real butter. Dinner was keto fried chicken-boneless, skinless chicken breasts dipped in egg/heavy whipping cream then rolled in pork rind crumb, salt and pepper to taste. Chicken salad ingredients are in the above paragraphs. Again no measuring.

SHADWICK SHADDIE...you autumn means our spring. Yeah for two great times of year. I don't know how you stay focused to paint and finish such large projects. I last about one day. Bah. As it turned out, I never had the flu, but first bronchitis then pneumonia. I do believe I am on the mend with the exception of gaining weight with the steroids and belly bloating. It makes me miserable and have not felt this way since before KETO. Time, it all takes time.

HAPPY...How is little BE adjusting? Does Nina just ignore her? Has she taken up with DH as his kitty already? What's the plans for the weekend?

SUSIE...Girl I am going to being MELLIE's rolling pin if you don't get more YOU time. Just sayin'. Your office sounds like it is coming together. What are the plans for the futon in the office. Nap time when you work so late? Extra bed for visitors? Hmmmm. Did you get to TOPS last night? How was WI? Time to refocus on SUSIE, well actually long past that time.

CEEG...bummer on sis's cc. Thank God nothing was charged, small blessings. Hope you get your bunion surgery lined out. Good luck! Recovery is always the worst part about surgery. I don't ever worry too much about the surgery itself as I do the recovery. Sometimes the stress of a situation and keeping things in makes us lash out with angered statements like about the dog. I completely understand. Holding my tongue for too long usually gets me frustrated then lashing out. Hugs and maybe, just maybe you got your point across about the dog.

LAURA..Hi girl!

Got to get this desk rolling. Task lists and work....bah.

Make it a great weekend all, 3 day one for me. YEAH.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:53 AM   #198  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning. We have rain this morning. The thunderstorms started last night and we have gotten a good bit of rain. Yesterday we had highs in the 70’s….I am hoping it means that spring is coming early.

It will be a 3 day weekend for me; which is good as I have things to put back together after the office gets painted.

Sadly, I will end up working some---I guess the overtime is good since I am spending money on two new area rugs, new shower curtain and such.

Annie: I have so many lists! But they do help to have them. When I write it all down I can focus and get to things.

I missed TOPS last week and this week it showed with a gain. I’ll get it back off and continue to work those numbers down the scale. You will get the steroid weight off as well---it does just take time.

I am putting the futon in the office so that it does give us space for company or another place to sleep if one of us is sick. I do have a house guest coming on March 3 and staying through March 11. She is the 20 yr old daughter of my Danish friend. She is coming to the USA with some friends for a trip to NYC and then she is staying over with us for a week. I’m so excited to have her come.

Shad: I think it is a good idea to take a break from the painting since it is so hot. How did the shopping for cabinets and a sink go?

When I was at Lowe’s getting paint and some new towel bars for the bathroom, the vanities and such were catching my eye. I won’t redo the bathroom for at least 2 more years…we are saving our money for that remodel. I want to take our tub out and put in a full shower with a corner seat in it and I want it to be a rainfall shower. I have big dreams!

Ceejay: It sounds like you might have figured out what was bothering your tummy and it does sound like it is time for bunion surgery.

How nice that you are getting a tax refund. We get our taxes done next Saturday. We use the free AARP service that comes to the local library. They do a great job for us every year. You don’t have to be a member or AARP or even over 50. I found out about it when I took my father-in-law there about 7 years ago to get his done…until then I did ours and his but I heard about it so I took him to have his done and found out they could do ours too.

Dee: We never did get another kitty. We have talked about it and I know we will get one sometime. We came close to getting one last week but someone else adopted him.

Hi to Laura and welcome to Lil Miss Gem!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:27 AM   #199  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning girls,

BeMinEE is getting a little more used to us. She actually came out of hiding and sat with DH and fell asleep in his arms for an hour last night. I cuddled her as well when I got home from bingo. She is very much like Nina in mannerisms so I know this time around what to expect. I spent a bit of time with her this morning - she would love to spend all day cuddling and getting petted in warm fleece covered arms but alas, the day is a busy one for me so she will have to settle for some time with DH.

They asked me to help out at the senior center this morning as well as make a recommendation on computers so I am looking that up and will work there about 2 hours this morning. I will catch lunch at the center than pop over to work an afternoon shift at the shop. Come home and DH and I will go out to fish fry to use up a gift certificate that expired yesterday but the owner was kind enough to extend it to this weekend.

So I am very sorry but no time for personals until I get back home tonight.

Have a good weekend all.

Last edited by happy2bme; 02-16-2018 at 10:28 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:12 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
I too have that feeling with this site but I like the people to much to quit.

LilMissGem
Welcome to our little group.

Annie
Some day's I need to make a list of things to do. Are you feeling better?

Susie
How fun that you will have a house guest!

Happy
I'm sure the kitten will get more and more used to things.

Hello to the rest.

-----
The morning is getting away from me and I have a lot of things to accomplish before I go home. I'll do more later.mm
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:38 PM   #201  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all, the weekend is here - have a great one.

Dee - I have no problems talking about my bout with cancer. If something I do or say can help another person get diagnosed early or feel better then I am more than happy to help. My cancer was diagnosed when I presented with a sore back to a young, enthusiastic doctor. My own GP was flat out at the time so I went to see another one in the practice. I credit this doctor with my quick diagnosis, quick medical intervention and countless answers to questions and therefore with a longer life than I might have had. Add to that the fact that ovarian cancer runs in the family and you have medics running to sort out the problem. I advise all women, young or old, to go to their GP and request a High Contrast CT Scan that will show up smaller tumours and problems in the body. Once ovarian cancer grabs a hold, there is little anyone can do. My normal GP was telling me that a friend of hers, also a doctor, was diagnosed at the same time as I was, and sadly she has already passed. Her tumour had spawned and spread. Mine didn't.
Thank you also for your guess at my age. I think I am the grandma of the group. I will be 69 next birthday. Retirement age here for me is 65. For the 50 year old coming up it will be 67 and will increase in 1/2 years to the age of 70. In my opinion a very bad decision. For those who have worked in offices and sedentary jobs, that's okay. For those who have had strenuous jobs, driven trucks, nursed or are tradies, their bodies are wearing out long before 70. These folk will have to either retrain or remain in the workforce which will eventually cripple or kill them early. Short sighted politicians.
We don't have ostrich on the menu here, we have Emu - a close relation and since I have never eaten it I can't really comment. I have had kangaroo and crocodile. Both quite nice if cooked properly.

LittleMissGem - Hello and good luck with your weight loss journey.

Last edited by Shad; 02-16-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:01 PM   #202  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Cont'd
Annie - Those pounds will come back off again as soon as you are off the steroids and feeling 100%. I do like the sound of some of your recipes, but I doubt I could Keto all the way since I can't live without potatoes. I just love them and ice cream - especially the NZ variety which is beginning to creep into our stores.

Susie - good to hear from you. It will take time to wind down the work scene and you will need to work hard at doing so. So many people relying on you to keep them on time and up to date. Didn't they get another admin sometime ago to help you out? Anyway, keep to the idea of no more than a couple of hours overtime per week and gradually whittle it down. You will get there and find time for Susie in there somewhere.
I haven't gone down and got all the cabinets yet. I have to dither and decide what will fit where and whether I can get the DS2 to fit another power point for the dryer behind the dryer and one lower down the wall for the washer. That way I won't have power points displayed in the laundry, will still be able to access the ones I have as necessary. Poor DS, he has a hard time with his mum wanting things done.

Happy - sounds like you have a cuddly cat there. How nice. She didn't take long to work out what sort of suckers she has gotten this time around.
Hope your work day goes well and your lunch and dinner is good.

Ceejay - the site annoys me because it is so unstable. I don't seem to be able to stay logged in and have to log in for each use. Then it jumps about and more than often will lose my post on submitting. Fortunately I mostly copy the post when finished before submitting so I can repost if necessary. It's when it just goes blank or closes before I have finished that annoys me so much and doesn't matter if you report the faults, nothing seems to improve. Still I've and we've been here a long time so I will stick with it.

And that's about it. Sorry Laura, I should have gone back and had a look at your last post but everytime I go backwards, I lose my post. I'll catch up with you next post.

That's it. Weather is slightly better today, still sticky and humid, but at least it isn't over the 100F mark today and we should have slightly better temps next week according to the BOM. See ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:23 PM   #203  
Choose your hard

Hello wonderful ladies,

I too have issues with this site - they set the login timeout for far too short of a period in my opinion. I sign in and if I only post 2 sentences I can get in and out, otherwise I am booted because it timed out and if I try to log back in it hangs on the page. I have my own style of Harry Potter wizardry I do in order to get a post in here. Does not good to complain to the admins who have said multiple times there is no problem - only in my head and yours I suppose I have noticed there seems to be fewer and fewer people on this site. Perhaps that is why - also popular groups like Weight Watchers have all but disappeared from here.

BeMi (as DH calls her) is getting more accustomed to the house. We have opened the door and let her out of the basement. She is roaming (cautiously) and checking out all the new stuff. She did run up to the second level right into Nina. They both fluffed tails. Nina hissed and growled a bit if BeMi got too close so BeMi kept her distance. When we tried to bring another cat in, Nina yelled and tried to fight so we think she will get used to BeMi and we are hoping that usually an adult will not hurt a youngster. Still we will be watchful.

I worked at the Senior Center for a good part of yesterday. I didn't feel I was being utilized so I went to talk to them last week (you want me or not, that's ok - I will find something else if not). So they came up with a bunch of things for me. I'm glad to be home today and tomorrow although I have already blown away the morning catching up on emails and things.

Shad - thank you for sharing your experience with the cancer. How fortunate is it that you found someone willing to look beyond the obvious. I find that many cancers are detected that way - by chance. Here's hoping that all goes well and smooth sailing going forward. Well between the heat and high humidity of summer and the rains of winter - you certainly don't have much of a break to work on that painting, do you? How is the garden coming along? Too hot for tomatoes? Glad you had a good visit with your friends. One of life's mysteries is why some of the nicest people get saddled with the worst luck and troubles. And I don't believe that you are given what you can bear - some people just have a continuous bad run over and over. I hope he has success with his treatment.

Ceejay - are you working on a tablet? I think it's harder to work this site on a tablet or phone. So your weather is 80 degrees AND thunderstorms. I am so jealous of both although 80's is a bit too hot for me. Would love to be able to open windows and let some fresh air in and not be cold.

Susie - sounds like you are doing some really nice renovations in your house (WHEN do you have the time??). When we lived in Memphis our master bath had a big walk in shower too - they had also removed the tub and put a ledge to sit on - good for propping yourself up to shave legs too It was really nice. DH wants to do the same to our house too. One day. So many other unfinished projects at the moment. Yay for getting a tax refund! Big plans for it?

Dee - someone mentioned that a spoon of peanut butter can be used to turn off cravings. I tried it and I'd have to say it worked. You asked for some recipes. I think this one comes very close to the fresh strawberries and balsamic we had on Valentine's Day. I know it had a bit more sweet than just the tang of the balsamic vinegar. and you can't go wrong with an Ina Garten recipe I hope the sun is shining and you are feeling better.

Annie - hope your lungs are cooperating with you today. Loved the chicken salad recipe. I would skip the green peppers myself. Maybe sub grated carrots but that's not keto. I am with Shad - even giving up the bad carbs, I would still miss the healthy carbs too much to do that plan. So Duke's is a no carb mayo? I will have to try the pork rind breading one day - I do like panko crumbs for the crunch. Did you get some of your work tasks done yesterday? So you'll be going to see Steve Miller - you're the concert lady for sure this year. I don't know if I could handle the noise level and I'd certainly need to sit in a seat - not the "stadium seating" ie standing up in a mosh pit - that is so popular with the kids. To your comment - yes, I know that strawberries don't ripen any further once picked but dang, they sure do rot fast no matter what you do to them

Laura - did you get to the circuit class the other night? How did you like it? All of you guys are having much better weather than I am. I would be in heaven if it was 50 degrees outside! Good for you though to melt that last snowfall.

Well kidlettes - I can't believe it's after 2pm. I did get some stuff done this morning but I do feel like the day has passed me by. DH went down for a nap so I can get some things done by myself. I didn't sleep well yesterday. Squeeker woke me up at 1:30 and I was up until 3:30 with her. She is a night kitty for sure. DH found her curled up in a blanket on the rocker in the basement sleeping it off about 30 minutes ago. We should go and wake her up.

I am also starving and looking for something to eat - my biggest downfall. I saw a lady at lunch on Friday - she was a former leader of TOPS where she used to live. She said with some help (and I'd gladly help) she'd be willing to form a chapter up here if we could get enough people to join. So I'm actively seeking out folks. They have a TOPS group up this way but it's a 30 minute drive down single lane twisty roads that everyone hates because the speeding jerks tailgate alot and tick everyone off. I also started logging food in MFP again. No wonder I can't lose weight. Might not be eating that much volume wise but the calories sure add up!

Anyway have a good weekend everyone.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:05 PM   #204  

Morning all. On the tablet and having a hard time with this site. For the those of you who normally try to post with a tablet, you have my sympathies. When I try to go to the desktop site - vs. Mobil site- it keeps going back to the Mobil site. Anyway, not gonna deal with it. At some point today or tomorrow I'll get on our desktop and post, but for now I hope you're all having a good day.

And right now I'll try to select and copy in the likely event the site has timed me out and won't let me post.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:38 PM   #205  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi everyone
I'm online shopping at QVC today is Free Shipping on the entire website site & I got a posting alert from here. I'll be back tomorrow for personals, but wanted to say I agree about the wonky posts dropping

Unfortunately my laptop died last year & I only have a 8" tablet & my cellphone now for using the internet. Bills take priority living on Dh's paycheck but maybe in 1-2 yrs we can get a laptop again. So my posts are tapping 1 letter at a time very annoying, oh well...

I'm going to make ravioli sheets & filling now, then pick up some mess the melting snow left on the lawn while the girls play. See y'all tomorrow
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:40 PM   #206  
Choose your hard

Happy Sunday,

I only use my laptop to access this site so I guess I am better off. I get annoyed with the problems I do have here so if it was intensified by using mobile devices I would be going stir crazy! I know as far as web development goes, I got out just as smart phones were coming into popularity. Having to design for mobile devices is a real challenge. I guess that's why I stick with the laptop. I can't even get what I want to see on FB on the phone either so I don't use mine very much.

It's a dreary day. We are waiting for snow to hit - for us probably more tomorrow than today. Hoping we don't get the freezing drizzle they were talking about. I'd rather get 8 inches of snow than a bit of ice.

BeMinEE is walking around the house more. She found several of the ignored cat toys we had for the other two who were not interested. She thinks they are grand. I am finding that she lays down around noon and gets a good deep snooze in so that she can run around all night and keep us up. Last night though she was pretty good. I got a much better sleep than the night before. She is upstairs now with Nina who seems to understand she is just a little one and won't harm her but she growls when B gets too close - more of a go away kid, you bother me than a fight threat. We are hoping in time she will accept her. Probably a good thing they are not interacting right now as B's spay wound is still healing and would not be good for playing / roughhousing / chasing at the moment.

I did have things to do this morning and DH started doing taxes so I had to stop everything dead in the tracks and go look up stuff for deductions. (WHY do they do this???? I want to come back as a man in my next life... ) I think it's wrong that I can't deduct $12,000 a year I have to pay for medical premiums. We had a lot of medical bills but not enough to qualify for the tax deduction. Oh well if I had more time I could have found more stuff but I can't find a year's worth of things in 10 minutes

I'm trying to use an Excel workbook this year to keep track of things. I also have to get in the habit of carrying checks around since I pay cash for alot of things that are charitable contributions.

Ok Dee I'm going to ignore free shipping on QVC and not look at that site. I did get some nice Easy Spirit shoes for my Mom there in the summer.

Not much else exciting going on so I will post this before I time out. Enjoy your Sunday.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:20 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Back in Branson after a couple of days at home. It felt good to have some me time ALONE. Watched part of the Olympics.

Happy
Glad the new kitten is adjusting to her new surroundings. I will drive my niece to the vet to take her kitten for her spading tomorrow. Never dealt with this
but guess I will learn as I will be here with her more than the niece. I think using an Excel worksheet will help a lot. Maybe you are just supposed to sit and look pretty while answering the phone. It's my laptop that gives me fits.

Dee
Enjoy the shopping on QVC today? Curious about what you buy.

Last edited by ceejay52; 02-18-2018 at 08:21 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:07 AM   #208  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

It was nice being home for the weekend. I didn't even leave the house. Today is a work day - I will spend the morning at the Senior Center and the afternoon at the Thrift Shop. We have snow coming in today also. DH woke me up about 3:30am - he is having bad foot pain originating from his back. Then he started rumbling around here at 6 - making coffee, talking to the cats, etc. Thanks DH - sleep is overrated anyway ... Will make for a long day today. Tomorrow I have writing class and then go and get my hair done at 1. I think I'm going to get my hair cut on the short side. I have lots of ends sticking out - hair is shoulder length right now and it just goes every which way. And that's about all the babble for me right now.

Ceejay - I had to smile at your comment about being home ALONE - isn't it great? You have had a lot of demands on your time the last few weeks. Good luck with the kitten - if you haven't experienced it - can be high energy but also lots of fun do as they do the craziest things just being so curious.

Oh and thank you Dee for mentioning QVC's free shipping day. I did go to the site afterwards. And I bought a Vitamix blender or whatever you call them. I had been wanting one for years but could not get past the outrageous price. They had a good deal on one for their special of the day. I did check reviews for that model on Amazon - over 85 percent said they liked it and most of the ones who didn't complained about things that had little to do with the blender's actual performance. What will I do with this one? Well for one, I would like to make my own salad dressing. You can blend the oil into the dressing much more easily in the Vitamix as you need to drizzle it in slowly and incorporate it. I will also try making some pureed soups. There are alot of vegetable based creamy soups I like and DH does not - ie. butternut squash soup, cream of asparagus or mushroom, zucchini soup, etc. Instead of making them in a pot and making far more than I want / need, with this I can make 2 servings. Apparently the blades make so much friction that it actually heats the soup as it blends. And DH does like smoothies in the summer. Me not so much. Anyway that's my early birthday present to myself.

Time for me to get ready and get the day going. Hellos to all. Will catch up with personals later tonight.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #209  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone,

I have the day off from work today. It has been so nice to be home ever since Thursday, even if I did work on Thursday and Friday and yesterday as well. I will work later today. I’m doing all the slides for the Department meeting on Thursday.

Some people have slides that they need to send to me and I asked for them by COB Tuesday so I can insert them Wednesday morning. That gives my Director until Thursday about 11 to let me know of changes so I can make them before the 1 p.m. meeting.

I make a lot of the slides for service anniversaries, new people, awards and recognitions and things like that. They aren’t hard but they take time and I always have to tweak slides that others send to me for their topics so that things look nice on the screen.

The painting in the home office, hallway and bathroom is done and looks so nice and fresh.

I also got up at 6 a.m. on Saturday and washed all the wood work in those 3 areas down so that has been spring cleaned. I love the way the home office looks and feels. I have a new chair coming for the desk, it isn’t a office chair but rather a accent chair with no arms but a high back.

I’m spring cleaning the kitchen a bit this morning. Moved the stove and refrigerator out and cleaned behind them and wiped them down really good on the outside. Also doing some laundry. After lunch I’m getting a shower and then headed to Good Will with some extra office supplies, baskets, and other nick knack things. I have someone coming after 5 today to get my utility cart, the book case and the table previously had in my office as a desk. Someone already took my tall file cabinet.

I also de-clutted some of the garage of old nick knacks like windchimes and vases and such. I want that garage in order by fall..there are many days to work out there to get things back to organized.
I also got my 30 min workout in this morning. My goal this week is from Monday-Friday to get that 30 min in. I hope to be back to a hour of working out 5-6 days a week.

Dee: What did you end up buying from QVC?

Happy: I’m glad to hear that things are moving along well with new B kitty. How nice that you bought yourself that Vitamix blenderr from QVC. It is nice to have things that we have wanted for awhile.

Laura: How was your weekend? I think you had a long weekend too?

Ceejay: Are you back home now?

Shad: I never knew the story of how your cancer was found. What a blessing that you saw that young, enthusiastic doctor and he went beyond what maybe other more seasoned doctors would have dismissed for a bit. It saved your life!

Annie: I hope you have enjoyed your 3 day weekend and that you finished all your lists on Friday.
When are you going to see Steve Miller Band? I missed that somewhere in the posts but I saw where Happy mentioned it in her post. I love going to concerts…..have a great time.

Ok..time to go finish the kitchen up.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:46 AM   #210  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Tuesday, my Monday as I had a banker's company holiday off yesterday. Now it is another couple of months till the next day off. May 28. Memorial Day. That will be a long track. I may however take a day or two off during Jacob's spring break. We will see.

We met my bro and SIL at Red Lobster Sat evening for dinner. Kind of a late Valentine and happy birthday to my bro meal. I must stay I was VERY disppointed in the food. My lobster was rubbery and just a few other things not quite right. I told C the best part was the cocktail sauce. lol. We came back to our house and play "Up and Down the River", a card game. Was very fun night.

Yesterday was a day off due to the holiday for me. Sam, Royce and I just did a lot of errands and stopped at Applebee's for lunch. All and all it was a good day. Even got all the laundry caught up, AGAIN. Seems a never ending battle.

Lungs seem to be doing ok. If not for the sinus and headache, I would say I am mostly healed. Finger's crossed. If this weather would straighten out I believe we could all get better. Today it is almost 70 out but raining like crazy. C had to go back to the clinic. He has a severe sinus infection and coughing up crud. Augmentin and a steroid nose spray. He seems to be doing better after 5 days on meds. He has 5 more to go. Knock on wood, both the boys are healthy at the moment and Sam seems to be over her sinus infection after getting Keflex at the clinic. What a mess this winter has been.

HAPPY...good to hear the B is adjusting to her new home. If she would think about it, it has to be better than the shelter. Could you please adopt me? I promise to be good and help out around the house. Poor DH. Wow foot pain coming from his back. Does it go down through his leg also? That must be awful. I will probably always keep my hair short from this point forward. **NEWS FLASH***....I am having pink added to my color on the 28th. Just a bit on the ends. This should be humorous. Not telling C or Sam, just going to come home with it in there. TAXES....well this is the first year we do NOT have to pay state and actually get $120.00 back. Did not claim the boys and told Sam to deal with Chris on that one. Didn't want the hassle or fight. Yeah ANNIE....

SUSIE...proud of you for getting back to you and exercising. Your new office looks so bright and happy. Great job on the reno! Where the heck do you get the energy and motivation to get things done like that around the house? I am such a sloth at home. Every once in a while I get a burst of energy and get things done, but not often. Must be old age setting in. Did get some of my lists done at work but added about 6 more to it for this week. bleh. Steve Miller concert is June 15th. My son and daughter are going too.

CEEG...probably did you good to go home for some alone time and mental health time. Enough to gear up for this next week at Sis's house with the niece and dog.

DEE....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ravioli. It is not KETO for me, but sure sounds yummy.

LAURA...hope your weekend went great.

SHADDIE...you are right about the lbs coming back off. I think I just stress too much about gaining any weight back. It takes so long to get motivated to lose it in the first place. I am back down 3 of the 8 or 9 I gained. It will soon be off also. Hope your weekend went great. I know you did not celebrate in our president's day holiday, ME EITHER> lol.

Hello to the lurkers.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote