Old 02-06-2018, 02:22 PM   #151  

Morning all.

Shad - Nice you had a break in the weather to enjoy. I hope the weeds haven’t taken over. I guess that’s one thing I need to appreciate during the frigid winter weather – no weeds. And no ant invasions. Have to look on the bright side. Anyway – what kind of citrus do you have growing? == Yeh, the 30-second intervals are really quick and at times it felt like a Chinese Fire Drill (is that politically incorrect? If so I’ll stop using that term). == Very interesting mounting the dryer on the wall upside down. Is it a regular size? The only space saving laundry equipment I’m familiar with are the stackable washer and dryer, and those are usually smaller units. On those tiny house tv shows, they also show a single unit that both washes and dries, which appeals to me.

Susie – Great job having a loss when you’re so busy at work and haven’t been getting in your usual workouts. I hope things calm down for you at work. I’m getting very busy with some added responsibilities. There is always something on my plate. Many somethings.

Annie – Yeh, I’m not fond of working directly on the laptop. If the boss ever made it into 2018 and was receptive to employees working from home on a regular basis, I’d have to have a docking station so I could hook into a regular size screen and keyboard. Maybe you can get one of those for home use. == I’m glad you find the tax conversation funny. If it were me, I’d have decided to take that suggestion as a joke, even if it wasn’t intended to be, LOL. == Wow, very sad story about the Colts player and the Uber driver. The drunk driver should face charges and imprisonment, just wish it wasn’t on the US’s dime.

Ceejay – How frustrating with the dog. I guess the garbage container needs to be placed up high on the counter when everyone is out of the house (or maybe one of those that fits in the cabinet under the sink?). And yes, doggy needs to be on a schedule for eating, going out for his biz, etc. Yes, I say start charging for the dog care, and EXTRA for the cleanups.

Hi Dee!

==

Nothing much to report. I had the car parked at the train lot yesterday. When I got to it, I discovered there was no snow brush in there! Phoned bf and he brought it to the lot and cleaned off the car while I waited. He claimed not to remember taking it out of the car to put in the garage, which annoyed me and he knew it. He’s always taking things out of the car and putting them in the trunk (inconvenient) or in the garage (really inconvenient). I spent the night in the bedroom watching tv. I used the rescue inhaler and the lungs felt better, but for whatever reason (AGE), I felt achey. I woke up in the middle of the night with a leg cramp – hate that. So glad I rarely get them. The admin and I were talking about that and she said it could be caused by dehydration and I realized I didn’t drink much water at all after I got home from work last night.

Nothing going on tonight.

That’s it for me. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:20 PM   #152  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi girls I'm sorry about being mia last week. After I lost my long post with personals I was annoyed. I had sinusitis & hadn't gone to a clinic yet, but got to see my chiropractor & that helped with my neck pains. Finally I went to Urgent Care & got 7 day RX & while taking it I felt well, then 2 days after it was gone my earache, nose & sinuses are throbbing again. So I wonder if when we hit our 60's if maybe we need antibiotics for 10 days or it could just happen to some of us with a low immune system So I'm going to fit a 30 minute upper body massage into our budget this week & see if that helps.
I need to shut-up my complaining after reading about Annie having pneumonia & people dieing from the flu. I wish my parents had never moved our family from Charleston, I'd rather be sick in pleasant weather temps. But that's why I haven't been posting with my throbbing sinuses, nose & earaches. I did learn from the Urgent Care doctor to not take more than 1 decongestant daily if you are on a bp RX because it raises bp & my diastolic & systolic were both >30 above th safe range. He said otc pills can cause a stroke, now I'll read the tiny warning labels more carefully...

When Dh gets up for work at 4am & my head feels better tomorrow, I'll do short personals before I fall back to sleep.

Everyone going to work early that has slippery snow, I'll be praying for safe travels for you driving & walking

Tomorrow starts a Beautiful New Day Thank You JESUS

Last edited by miniDoodles; 02-06-2018 at 07:22 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:23 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
Getting the dog on a schedule is helping. Sis fed him about 7.30 and was he asking to go out by 8.30. I thought I closed the laundry room door where the garbage is kept but the dog got in there and was on his way to getting all the trash out when I walked in the door. He knew he had been caught. Laura think I will put the trash up higher at least till I get back.
Didn't go walk at the gym last night due to the weather but I did take the dog down to the cove and walk him yesterday afternoon. He enjoyed it
The other night we got behind this little yellow Volkswagon that had yellow submarine on it and it pulled into the Rec Plex parking lot. Their is a group up here that does all Beetle songs and dresses and looks like the Beetles. This was Ringo. A very good look alike.

--------------
Laura
Bummer that you had to contact BF to bring the ice scraper/snow brush. Do they have a timer when you do the 45 second intervals?

Dee
Don't feel bad about losing a post. It happens frequently. Sorry to hear that you are sick. Feel better son.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:46 PM   #154  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Sorry I haven't posted - been alot of big distractions in my life the last couple of days. I was trying to post 2 days ago and DH came down and started talking about something which caused me to stop and look some stuff up and before I know it, was time to get ready for the thrift shop shift. And then there was another big ole "wrinkle in the rug" from the volunteering that I am dealing with with both places I help out at. One volunteer had some ideas about moving some merchandise at the shop - I was all for it until she started talking further - she's the kind who has big ideas but SOMEONE ELSE can go do the work to implement them. Seriously... I am no one's slave although I felt that way alot this week.

Yesterday was DH's 68th birthday. Happy birthday old guy I bought him some photography books on a new technique he is trying to master. Bought him 2 expensive scratch off lottery tickets where he won back half of what I paid for them. He would rather fewer tickets with more expensive prizes than a bunch of tickets with 2, 5 or 10 dollar prizes. We went to the steakhouse for dinner and had a tasty meal we both enjoyed. I ate my side salad and potato and brought home half the filet and sauteed mushrooms that I will probably cook up for a light lunch today before yoga class. I also went to the physical therapist yesterday. He was supposed to do a follow up on my foot but the wires got crossed. The vertigo has come back in a different way so yesterday he spent the session treating the vertigo. Usually my problem has been related to me bending in a certain position or looking up (like into a high cabinet or shelf to reach for something). They treated me 2 weeks ago and I thought I was ok but about 5 days later the vertigo returned - in a wierd way - it comes and goes and seems to be related to sinus pressure in my head. The first therapist said he thinks there is a relationship between sinuses and vertigo - the one I saw yesterday doesn't think so I am going to be careful with yoga today - the therapist said to see how it goes and let my body be my guide.

Dee - hope you get to feeling better. This is a bad time of year when sinus issues rear their ugly heads. Many people are recommending Neti pots (although make sure you sanitize the water properly). While you might feel better in warmer temps in Charleston, I actually had much worse sinus problems all year long in Memphis due to the accumulation of pollen down there and lack of a good freeze to kill the viruses and things. My yoga teacher talks about self massage to get things to drain out of the head and body. That was the same thing the therapist talked about yesterday so maybe there is something to that.

Laura - interesting comment on not wanting to work on the laptop at meetings. I was watching a show the other night and they all had their laptops in the meeting. I was a pencil and paper notes kind of person. I HATE the touchpad mouse - disabled mine and I have an external mouse. Also DH's old HP laptop had a long wrist rest and deeper keyboard - I could never type on that thing. So I get your love of a docking station and regular keyboard and mouse. That makes us dinosaurs. I also groaned with you about BF removing the snowbrush from the car. My DH is ALWAYS taking things out of my car and leaving them in the garage - like snowbrushes, umbrellas, kleenex boxes Interesting on getting cramps from dehydration - I guess that makes sense. I always thought of leg cramps with a lack of potassium but we need water too!

Ceejay - I hope you don't get hit with that awful storm that is heading east.

Annie - glad you are working from home and feeling a bit better but don't jump the gun too fast. This is taking a long time to get over and they are talking on the news about people getting several rounds of the flu. Wierd Greek meat ??? - you mean LAMB I am getting used to lamb - not bad if done properly. I hope you don't have to pay any extra taxes. Yes, DD has to realize that she is saving lots of money living with you - you will trade the tax deduction for rent Kids today!!

Susie - my heart goes out to you. I would love to send you a fire extinguisher to save you from getting burnt out. That's the problem - hard work attracts more hard work. It's one thing to put in a full work day, quite another when you have to compromise your personal life and healthy habits. I hope you can scale back things and make time for yourself as little as you are home. Sometimes you have to push back a little bit. And say to yourself that you are walking out at 4:30/5pm whenever quitting time is because you have an important LIFE appointment for yourself that evening. "I'm not any good to you folks if I am dead".

Shad - oh my on the upside down dryer. That's still too high on the wall - even with the controls upside down - to do any good for me. HOW do you empty the lint tray - ours are generally on the lower part of the machine. I told DH about Waitangi Day - he was not so impressed. As for Chuckie, I think someone finally got him this past hunting season. We have several boys in the yard but they are all younger bucks. Chuckie was careful around humans but he had too pretty of an antler rack. DH says he just decided to go further up north into the woods. I think Becky our original momma who bears 2 fawns each year is still around so that's good. Part of our Superbowl is the advertisements - pricy as they are, they were generally the most clever of the year. At a cool half million for a 30 second spot, this year's ads were real duds for the most part.

Well I got up early with the intention of only a small time at the computer but here it is 4 hours later and I am just wrapping up. DH came down twice and talked for 45 to 60 minutes telling me very technical camera things he was really excited about in a language I could not understand but I listened patiently and asked questions. Then I had several phone calls and emails to answer. I have about an hour before I have to get ready for yoga. I'd rather pass on that too but I have already missed 2 sessions out of 4 classes.

Anyway - have a good rest of your day.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:29 PM   #155  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,

I worked last night until 6 and then picked up DH and we went home. I think the best thing I can do when the work load is so heavy like it is now, is to leave on time and then get my workout in and dinner in and then work an hour or two and that is it.

The issue is that most of us here work crazy like that. I know a few Admin’s who don’t but they don’t get 1 ratings and the money that comes with it and also they don’t usually cut 1 rate employees when they look at where they need to scale back…so it is a catch 22. I just need to find a better way to manage it and to say no at times. I was doing that for a while and then we got 22 extra people into our Organization and the fact that I support the Director full time and the VP when she is here, well, there is a lot of office type management things to contend with.

Annie: I somehow missed the news about the Colts and the Uber drive and the drunk driver….how awful!

I was giggling when I read your input to the questing that your daughter asked and your answer…nicely done!

How are you feeling? Pneumonia is a rough thing to get over..please keep a careful watch on yourself. Also, I have noticed that once a person has it, it is easy for them to get it again. I think it is because it causes scaring in your lungs or something.

I do like to work from home because people can’t get to me as easily and so I have time to execute work. I am used to working on the laptop but I do have a key board and mouse and a monitor at home I can hook up to my laptop if I’m working on a big spreadsheet or something.

Ceejay: I like how you are handling the dog and the niece. Usually when you tie money or charging money to something, people start paying attention and respond the way they should.

Good for you for setting a goal for your June reunion. I think it helps to have something to work towards. You have been doing very well getting your workouts in. Keep it up!

Happy: It sounds like you and DH had a nice time celebrating his birthday and those gifts sound right up his alley. Are you doing better now that they reset the crystals again? I have heard that once people have vertigo like you do and it seems to be brought on seasonably it tends to continue to recur.

Shad: I’m trying to picture this dryer. First on the wall and then upside down. I can’t figure it out. How big of a load can you dry in it?

Laura: I am impressed that the BF drove to the train station with the scraper, but then I guess you really needed him to so you could see to drive home.

My DH takes the umbrella out of the car all the time or rather doesn’t return it to the car after he comes into the house with it. It drives me crazy because I keep two in each car and then I have a few in the hall closet. I also keep one in my computer bag and I always return them if I use them out of those things…but not him. He also takes the scraper out of the car in the summer.

I am ok if it is left in the trunk as I get not having it in the backseat area in the spring, summer and we do take friends and nieces and nephews in back seats so it is good to get it out of the way, but why not just put it in the trunk is my thinking.

Dee: So glad to see you posting. I hope that you get to feeling better soon.

Lunch is over, I better get back to it.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:26 PM   #156  

Afternoon all.

Dee – It’s so annoying to lose a long post you’ve written. Hope you feel better soon.

Ceejay – Glad you caught the dog before the trash was all over the place. == LOL re the yellow submarine/Beetle. == The timer for the circuit class is a person (our instructor) – she’s helps out the newbies, keeps the time, and also leads the warm-up and cool-down portions of class.

Happy – Sounds like a nice birthday celebration for your dh. Hope you do alright at yoga and don’t have vertigo issues. == I know you said there’s a lot of allergies down South because nothing dies off completely, but I want to do some research about which climate is best for asthmatics. My lungs are not liking these cold temps. == I don’t think I mentioned laptops at meetings…but I do see more and more people bringing them into meetings and taking notes that way. I’m accustomed to taking notes on paper. And when there’s a handout for a meeting, I take notes on that, so the laptop wouldn’t be useful in that case. == Re the leg cramp – until the admin mentioned deyhydration, I was puzzled about what had caused the cramp because I’d eaten a banana and taken my multivitamin that day.

Annie – I saw Happy’s comment about Greek meat and realized I’d forgotten to comment on it. Yeh, a lot of lamb. Some people don’t like it. And some people don’t like the type of seasoning in it. The other night I had the pork souvlaki and it was chunks of it (marinated) and then grilled on a skewer. Yum. I love gyros, but I’ll only have them if I don’t have to be with people afterwards because they are strongly seasoned and so is the tzatziki sauce that goes with it. Also served with onions (to make breath matters worse), but I don’t eat those. Hope the working from home is going well.

Susie – I hope there’s at least an end in sight for the heavy workload. Good that the hard work gets recognized though. == I think the umbrella not being in the car is worse than the brush/scraper, even if both were in the trunk. I’d have to get out of the car anyway to clean it off … Bf has also taken baseball caps out of the car and put them in the trunk. I like having the cap handy when he insists on opening the sunroof all the way and the sun is blazing down on us. He’s usually already wearing a hat…not me. And the hat gets all dirty in the trunk… Okay, enough whining about my first world problems, LOL!

Hi Shad!

==

Once again, nothing much to report.

I made the ground beef stroganoff for dinner last night with a lot of extra mushrooms. Turned out well, but I want to tweak the recipe for more flavor. I looked up some other recipes…options are white wine, nutmeg, mustard…will give one of those a try next time.

Tonight’s Pilates.

Tomorrow is an all-employee meeting first thing. Then the annual kick-off meeting will follow that for a lot of the company. This year, three of us from our department are attending. I won’t go to all the sessions though – several do not interest me nor pertain to my work, so I’ll skip. The meeting location is less than a block away, so no biggie to go back and forth between sessions. The coming snowstorm tomorrow evening is going to impact the meeting for those from out of town - the dinner will likely be cancelled and I'm sure some will try to get earlier flights out. Soooo glad I’m not one of the out of towners. Metra is enough of a challenge.

Okay, lunch is done. Back to it.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:18 AM   #157  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning, Dh just left for work & I'm not sleepy yet so I dropped back in & decided to add to my post instead of making a new post for just a few things

Wednesday morning I had a upper body massage & I felt 90% better right away, no more congestion or pain in my head & I did the instructions of always drinking lots of water before & after a massage to drain/pee the released toxins out of me.
Supper was a pork loin roast with veggies in my crocker & German chocolate cake dessert.
Dh went to bed at 8pm & I watched 2 reality TV shows, Big Brother Celebrities which was boring & my favorite, The Amazing Race, then to sleep.
I'll catch y'all later today, have a Happy day I'm going back to sleep until 7:30am.

My Wednesday post:
Hi everyone, I hope your enjoying todays snow & slippery roads/ sidewalks I have 6" & we're supposed to get 4" more. If the temps are nice I'll go snowshoeing in our woods & Dh will ice fish this weekend, I can taste our fresh fish dinner as I write this

Shaddie Your avatar is just too cute, your smile is contagious. Aussie's are a Happy lot I enjoy many of your chefs recipes; Curtis Stone, Goeff Janz, Peter Gilmore, Kylie Kwong, Matt Moran, Dan Hunter, Pete Evans, etc, have you eaten at any of their restaurants? What kind of citrus did you grow? Do you grow cabbage, broccoli, kohlrabi if so do you have a homemade pest recipe to share. I've had a hydroponic garden since we went to Disney Epcot center 1987 & saw theirs, we eat fresh greens, herbs, grape tomatoes & small veggies all winter & we plant organic soil gardens in spring-summer-fall. When our house is sold this summer we'll build a a small greenhouse at our new home, right now we just use 2 cold-frames against the garage for hardening off our seedlings. We have too much wildlife from our woods that would destroy a greenhouse eating our plants. After damaging my knee we'll build raised beds so I won't be on my knees. I love seeing your yard & garden pics, I used the one of your tiny parrots flock as my screen saver until my laptop took a dump & stupid me didn't have a recent backup that had your birdie pic on it. Do you have a pic to post of your dyslexic dryer turned

Ceej Girl I'm so proud of you for frequently going to the gym taking care of your health. I have friends that do W.Watcher's & the Whole30 diet plan, I might try them to kick-start my metabolism because I don't go to the gym, I mainly use my Fitbit for walking, occasionally a DVD & lift handweights. I hope with aLL my heart that your family shows you how they appreciate having you in their daily lives, because you give much More time to them, than most family members ever do

Annie Yay for you becoming Well again & recovering from your pneumonia. We aLL care about you & the situation with Sis relying on mom & we know that a healthy marriage would become rocky, after over a year of 2 families in a fairly new marriage home. Sounds like its time for Sis to go to family counseling with mom & set her current & future Goals, so she can get the resources on how to make Her Dreams become her Reality & BE the Happy-Successful-Fulfilled woman/parent/daughter she Envisions for Her & her Sons Lives, I hope Sis knows that Our Lord wants this for Her & her sons I say all of this to you from my Heart with my Love as a mom, grandma & a wife & as your caring friend. BLessings of Happiness for everyone!

Laura Leg cramps aren't fun, but a doctor on ABC said some true-false myths & said to drink dill pickle juice for foot/leg cramps so if that happens more than once a month I'd google how much, frequency, I always have a big jar of dill pickles in my fridge Okay, now we know what your BF is receiving for His Valentine gift, a snow broom & scraper wrapped up with a red bow. How has your asthma been this winter compared to last winter? I Love gyros & especially tzatziki sauce & I'm glad that Arby's have them year round now because that's one of 3 fast food places Dh takes us to. He won't eat most veggies with seeds inside the middle saying it tastes slimy like tomato slices, cucumber/pickle slices, etc. But we order/eat what we each enjoy & aren't like some ppl that argue about food except the smell of black licorice/anise & raw liver make me nauseous. Is your Pilates class freestyle or do you use the equipment? Sounds fun

Happy Happy Birthday hugs to Dh I'm like you & I can eat half as much as I did a few yrs ago, but it's nice to enjoy a treat taking some home. I didn't get my yoga dvd yet, what type of class is your yoga? How did you get vertigo? I got it once a couple yrs ago when diving & swimming underwater, using a tight swim cap held too much pressure under water against my ear & my balance/equilibrium was terrible for a week, I didn't know what to do so I instinctively went natural & had a neck/upper body massage 3 days & my chiropractor on the other 2 days & I was back to good health, but cost $30 for each treatment using our Flex Med Visa=$150, I no longer use a pool diving board or swim laps with a cap on. I thought you had knee surgery 2 yrs ago, whats up with your foot? You're in my prayers

Susie I'll never know How you keep going like the Energizer Bunny with each of your Admin's: need-it list versus want-it list to keep on top so management is Happy with your work. How do you handle stress during work hours ? At home you can soak in a warm bathtub, etc. I'm Happy that you are still including yourself on your priority list. Hey you mentioned Dh, I thought he retired & he's your chef now? My being away has me lost on what everyone has done, I guess I'll be confused for a while.

My tablet battery has been blinking so I gotta post this now or lose it

Have a Wonderful night everyone & safe travels to anyone going to Bible Study tonight

Each of You are Gorgeous, BLessed, Amazing Girls & when I win the lottery I'll buy us aLL cruise ship tickets to Australia to visit Joy when we are having our winter & she's got summertime!!!
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:23 AM   #158  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Back in the office today. Feeling a bit better. At least the wheezing is gone.

Lots to do may come back for personals later.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:21 PM   #159  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Another lost day of phone calls and emails and planning ... Between the constant pain of my arthritis and the pain of people issues, I am ready to just go crawl in a cave somewhere. Not a snow cave - too cold - maybe I'll just go sit in the mancave because at least that is heated.

I made lunch reservations at the Senior Center for today - they had a tasty meal then remembered that I already have a lunch commitment. One of the locals in town is doing a fundraiser for the Shelter - meatball submarine sandwiches with a cabbage salad and dessert. He is donating all the money he gets to the Shelter and is paying out of pocket for all of the groceries to make that lunch which is doubly kind of him. I hope they have some lunch leftovers from the senior center at bingo tonight for dinner I think about food too much.

Lots of you posted so I will use what time I have to address personals.

Just Google UPSIDE DOWN DRYERS if you want to see pictures of what Shad is talking about - a fairly common thing in Australia. Downunder = upside down? No worries, I still couldn't reach in there...

Annie - good thoughts and happy breathing to you. Hope they don't wear you out catching up on things. Glad to hear the lungs are clearing up FINALLY. Yikes what an ordeal!

Dee - I saw the Big Brother Celebrities advertised and looked at the cast and thought WHAT celebrities are those? And seeing the pompous Omarosa was enough to say NO THANKS - I'd rather pick lint off my sweater. I love the Amazing Race too and caught the second half. I am cheering for the smart couple to win - not fond of the Big Brother team or the ones that got engaged - she is the most whiny person ever. Glad the massage fixed your neck. The vertigo I have is produced by inner ear crystals getting dislodged from where they belong. From what I understand their purpose in life is to tell the brain you are moving and help to steady you - think about trying to walk in a rocking boat - the crystals work with your brain to (mostly) keep you steady but they tell your brain what direction your body is moving in. They touch little hairlike follicles in your inner ear. They float in a somewhat thick fluid in a specific place. But sometimes they get dislodged and they tell your brain you are moving when you actually are standing still - hence the dizziness / vertigo. The cure is a specific procedure that gets them back in the place they should be in. I have the paperwork on that procedure (thanks to you ladies who offered it) but after years of suffering from this I can tell when I need a professional adjustment vs just doing it on my own. They don't really know exactly what gets them moving in the first place - they know that cold and flu season and sinuses tend to aggravate the condition. The important thing is that they know how to fix it. I guess there are several reasons for vertigo - head trauma, inner ear damage, brain malfunctions - fortunately BPVV Benign Positional Vestibular Vertigo that I have is easy to treat. How very neat that you created a hydroponic garden. I would love to do that. The raised beds are so much easier to deal with - less weedy too I think. If you buy me a cruise ship ticket to visit Shad, then I promise to carry your luggage

Laura - I never eat onions with gyros but your explanation really clarified that one does tend to smell icky after eating them. DH always said it gave trench breath. I have noticed like you that you have to work extra hard to get more flavor into the ground beef stroganoff vs the steak one. I don't have an answer to pass on to that unfortunately. Must be the flavor of the meat. I hope you don't get pummelled with the snow they are predicting. My Mom was complaining yesterday and all I could say was that you guys have had a really mild winter so far and probably needed the moisture. Still no fun to commute in it.

Susie - I feel badly for you as the corporate way is to push more and more work on fewer people. And you are very right about the relationship to raises and job security tempered with workload. Still you cannot compromise your own health and it's up to you to manage it. I think it's a good idea to leave on time, take your personal break for supper and exercise and then no more than 90 minutes of extra curricular work activities. Trouble is that we get caught up with "just let me finish this one thing" and next thing we have spent 3 - 4 hours on it. ALL THE TIME.

Ceejay - you will be an expert dog trainer by the time you get done with the niece's dog. Another career opportunity!

Well I have blasted away the morning. Now to get ready for lunch and then I have about 2 hours back home and then off to the senior center for a meeting and then bingo for the night. I sure could use a week at home by myself.

Happy days kids...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:52 PM   #160  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Up and moving this morning. Already painted the 1st top coat on the laundry doors. Nearly done with the painting in there. Thank Goodness It's taken a long time, but I am not as young as I used to be and this is one fiddly job. Smallest room in the house and taking the most effort. I've included a picture of the dryer but you will notice it is not quite straight yet. DS2 has to come back and put it up another inch or so and level it out.
Then I can put the last of the cabinets in and it will be complete. Hallelujah. Just the clean up then.

I said I was up and moving because I had a fall the other day. Tripped over the curb and fell face down onto the pavement. Broke my glasses, gave myself a black eye and a nose that bled for ages and also grazed my nose so that was a great idea wasn't it? The man who came to collect the green waste bag helped me up and wanted to cart me off down to the doctor but I said I would call the neighbour (ex nurse) to patch me up so he went and go her instead. Okay now, just a bit swollen around the eye and nose and need to go get some new specs. Another expense I didn't need.

I've also weeded the yard, mowed the lawns and mopped the floors so I have most of today off chores. I want to get the yard sorted as the weather bureau are predicting another heatwave (up to 39C or 106F) for the next week. Don't need to be outside in that thanks. Lets just hope they are wrong again.

Happy - hope you get those ears sorted soon. Must be a real nuisance for you. The only time I get like that is when I stand up too quick.
As for DH being unimpressed about Waitangi Day, this is our day equivalent to the 4th July. We celebrate our culture, our multiculturalism and our distance from most of the rest of the world and our greatness and peacefulness Also our new female prime minister (now pregnant with her first child) who is beginning make a lot of sense. Maybe we should get her over to Aus to help our fumbling idiot.
As for the dryer, I can still see into it standing up straight (and you are not much shorter than me), the lint thingy is held in and doesn't drop out (lint is still suctioned up into it), it's easier to clean and the controls are now at shoulder height and not hip height. DS2 is going to raise it another inch to met up with the top of the cabinetry and also to be able to easily raise the lid of the washer which will end up underneath it. I don't use it that much, so am very happy with it up there. It's no biggie and allows for a bit more storage in a small space.

Susie - you can only do what you can only do. There will be no thanks at the end of it, only a pay rise - which tho' nice does little for family relationships and household necessities and if you are too tired, too old, to worn out to enjoy the money what is the purpose?
The dryer takes just as much load as previously. It is just the same except upside down. I can see that Americans have never had to worry about space in the house for appliances. Mind you from the shows I have seen and from meeting Happy in my last trips over there, your appliances are huge compared to ours.

Annie - glad to hear that you are coming right. It's a doozy of a flu alright. We had the epidemic last winter. Stay home, stay safe and get rid of it properly. Hope all the potions, lotions and pills have done their job completely
Have posted a pic of the dryer. You are tall enough to look down on the controls and would be able to read them well enough.

Ceejay - Glad to hear the dog is getting better. If he is getting into the garbage maybe he is not being fed enough. Shad the dog got into the garbage towards the end of his life mainly due to the disease he had which had him metabolising everything very fast so he was always hungry.

Laura - you can use any potentially politically incorrect term you like around me. I find it infuriating that we can no longer make a joke about ourselves or life around us anymore for fear we are 'upsetting' someone. As long as it doesn't hurt, shame or injure someone I am all for it.
I'm growing lemons and limes - not very successfully just now as the grasshoppers and citrus leaf miner managed to decimate a lot of the new growth. All the little fruit dropped off. Out with the pest control, fertiliser and water again. Hope for a better crop come Autumn,
It's so annoying when you go to get something out of the car and it is no longer there. Grrrr
I love Greek food. Yum, yum. I love lamb but sometimes it can have a flavour which is not to everyone's taste. I find todays beef to be tasteless especially if the beast comes off a feed lot. Seems that the best flavours are from grass fed beef. Expensive but yummy. Rarely eat beef these days because of the cost and flavour.

Dee - the powers that be (useless mob mostly) have taken a lot of the OTC medicine of the shelf lately and you need a prescription for them now. They seem to think we can't think for ourselves anymore and in a way that is true, we are so reliant on technology to tell us everything we don't read instructions or look at warnings on packets.
Thanks for the comments on my photo. That was taken when I was working in NZ a few years back. Also better correct you about nationality. I am not Australian. I am a New Zealander. I just live here to raise the IQ over here
In my garden I grow potatoes, tomatoes, beans, corn, herbs and chives, rocket (arugula), onions, peas, carrots, broccoli etc. etc. I have an organic spray that I make which consists of garlic, ginger, chili. For more recipes google garlic chili ginger spray for plants.
Chop them up and cook them in boiling water then put them in the food processor until blended finely. I then take the paste and mix it with water and spray the plants. The goo must be a fine paste or you won't get the sprayer to work. It's a guess recipe. You decide on how much you want to make and how much you want to put in of any of the ingredients. It does work, you should have seen the baby grasshoppers hopping it when I sprayed the lemon bush.
As for the chefs and restaurants, most of those mentioned are in Sydney. I would have to travel 1000km to get a meal. I have eaten at Peter Gilmores place in Circular Quay in Sydney. Lovely meal, just not enough on the plate for me. Horribly expensive as well. I cook Curtis Stone stuff frequently since he is the resident chef for one of the big supermarket chains and puts recipes in their monthly magazines etc. Geoff Janz seems to have faded out of the limelight and I haven't heard of Dan Hunter. Pete Evans seems to be continually in trouble with his Paleo diets and he also is one of the judges of My Kitchen Rules on tv.
If you can describe the parrots screensaver a bit more I will see if I can find it and send you a copy.

Well it seems like I have written an encyclopedia here. I'd better get off and get going on the outside work instead of sitting here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Upside down dryer.jpg (13.3 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Shad; 02-09-2018 at 02:27 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:07 AM   #161  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey Everyone....

Hope Laura is not all snowed in. Last I heard 7-20" of snow possible. Hopefully she is working from home today. Indy got a pass on all that mess. Only the upper 1/3rd of the state got hit. Small blessings.

Dreamed up a chicken thigh recipe for dinner last night. OMGosh it was tasty. Slightly pounded out 10 small boneless skinless chicken thighs to semi flat. Garlic salt, pepper and meat tenderizer rubbed on them. Then placed place on parchment paper. Put a small slab of cream cheese on it. Put another thigh on top. Then a slice of ham on that then a slice of colby cheese (did not have swiss on hand). Baked covered 375 for 30 minutes then uncovered for about 12 minutes. Very very tasty and tender. C had two helpings. Made 5 of those. It was just he and I for dinner. Was kind of tired after cleaning the kitchen so we went to bed at 8 pm. Was asleep by 9.

SHADDIE...that just seems funny that the dryer is upside down. It does not hurt the mechanics of the dryer? Maybe we could invent the upside down "right side" dryer and become rich. You know with the buttons so we could read them correctly? Just a thought. Don't envy you on the painting....I dislike painting with a passion. Rather ride a lawn mower and cut 10 acres of grass.

HAPPY...how was bingo? Did many show up last night? Glad DH had a nice birthday.

LAURA...are you snowed in? Pilates? Thought you said Lattes and Pies. <--- One America Building.

DEE...glad you are back to posting. Nice to have you back.

SUSIE...did you get to TOPS last night? How was WI? You must take charge of your personal life sister. Like SHAD said, yes the monetary rewards are great, then we die.

CEEG...going home this weekend?

Everyone have a wonderful weekend. Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:58 AM   #162  

Morning all.

I ended up going to all the sessions of the kickoff meeting yesterday. The out of towners mostly left early to get their flights out before all the snow came. So sessions were shortened and a couple were cut to get as much in before people left.

I’m working from home today because we got a bit of snow overnight and this morning. My area got about 6 inches. We had an email from “management” late yesterday afternoon saying to take home our laptops and commute if it was safe. My street wasn’t plowed until well after the time I would have left for work, so I decided to stay home. I am working on my laptop. All is okay, except I can’t seem to access my archived email folders. Not convenient at all, so I’ll have to see what I can do about that. Otherwise, I might have a conference call this morning, and I have to write up my performance goals for 2018 as they are due today. Update, no conference call.

==
Dee – Glad you’re feeling better and that the massage helped. A massage sounds great just about now. Due to lack of exercise, I feel like I have a lot of rust in my muscles and joints (a blogger I follow used the word “rust” for aches and pains and I think it fits in my case. == Snowshoeing – sounds like great exercise. Enjoy. I have to admit that sledding sounds like more fun to me… == Not a fan of dill, so I don’t eat dill pickles (or drink pickle juice. But I don’t get leg or other muscle cramps often at all, so yay for that. == The pilates is a mat pilates class. No Reformer, just small equipment. Every class we use a smallish ball (size of soccer ball or smaller, and smooshy) that’s placed between our knees or under us to support us and/or to provide some instability and get our core muscles working to stabilize us. We also sometimes use the big exercise ball, hand weights or a weighted body bar. Oh, the other night we used gliders under the ball of our feet to do some moves.

Annie – Glad the wheezing is gone. Today I’m the one working on the laptop and not happy about the keyboard and lack of a real mouse.

Happy - How nice of that person to cook at his own expense to raise funds. On our Relay for Life team, one member does essentially the same, sells his food at the concession stand at the RLF event and the $$ go to the team. == Yeh, we were short on snow in our area, but gosh, we sure didn’t need to catch up on it all in one weekend. We’ll be getting snow today, tomorrow and I think it tapers off on Sunday.

Shad – Oh gosh, that sounds like a bad fall! It doesn’t sound like it’s kept you down for long though. == What a bummer that your citrus trees are under attack by the pests. I hope the pest control takes care of that. == I thought of you when we were talking about the meats used in Greek food – lamb is a very common in your part of the world. Is lamb more popular/plentiful than beef in Aus and/or NZ? == Thanks for the photo of the upside down dryer. I know you try to use your dryer and a/c very sparingly because of the cost of electricity. That made me wonder about the cost of electricity and where it’s more expensive and where it’s less. I’ll have to google that sometime.

Hi Ceejay! I checked the weather by you and it looks like you have a mild day today. Enjoy!
==
Nothing much to report. My fitbit fell off my wrist sometime yesterday at the meeting and I didn’t even realize it was missing until an email came through from one of the meeting coordinators today asking if someone had lost one. Nice that it was found.

The snow is still coming down pretty good. A lot of flights were cancelled at our two airports. I’m happy to be at home. Unfortunately we didn’t go out last night before all this snow came to buy some milk. We’re out.

Oh, and I didn’t report that our snowblower is out of commission. Great timing, huh?? Bf was using it on Wednesday to clear the accumulation from earlier in the week and it broke down. He knows which part needs replacing, but that’s about as far as he’s gotten in getting it repaired. He seems intent on doing the job himself. And his back is bothering him after he finished the driveway with a shovel… When the snow takes a break, I’ll probably get out and shovel out the path to the house, a narrow path on the front sidewalk, and also the tire ruts in the driveway. More if I feel up to it. Which I probably won’t given we’ll be getting more snow over the weekend which will also have to be shoveled.

Okay, back to work. I want to get those goals written up and done with.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:02 PM   #163  

Annie - Typing over my head today... Yes, lots of snow here. Glad Indy got passed over!! LOL re Pie and Lattes!! Sounds good to me. I'll take cherry pie and a chai latte please. Make that a nonfat/skim latte, since I'm having the pie, lol.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:47 AM   #164  

Height: 5'7"

Good Saturday morning!
I am on the exercise bike this morning. First workout in almost 2 weeks. I decided I am getting back to me and that is the first change. My plan is 45 min or bike or treadmill daily with the exception of Friday. Friday is a rest day.

I did not make it to TOPS but that changes going forward too.

Also, I am following Happy's advice. Through the week I will only work 90 min of overtime each day if I feel it is necessary. Anything over that when I have worked all day is just to much.

And I will go home, do my workout, eat and then work.

I have told myself I am going to get to where I dont have any more than a total of 4 hours of OT a week, unless there is a big meeting or something. By May I want to get to no overtime...I want a fun summer!!

I will post personals in a separate post so this isnt to long to read.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:26 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Trying again to post. I get aggravated when I lose a long post.

Annie
I didn't go home this week end due to keeping the animals while my niece is on vacation in Florida. The weather is getting bad with ice tonight. They've called off church in the morning.
Shad
When you were talking about an upside down dryer I thought your ds had mounted the dryer upside down. Is the washer and dryer a stackable set?
Sis has one in the condo which I like. I will have asparagus this Spring.

Will post this and write more later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote