Old 01-30-2018, 07:59 AM   #121  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey I have started this post 3 times since yesterday. Just cannot seem to get into doing anything. Work has been holy h*ll. I literally worked 8 straight hours on my VPs expenses yesterday. Getting info from him is awful. This report is for November and December. Keep in mind we are supposed to submit expenses monthly. Not only does he not remember why he bought/ate/did the things that are popping up but where are the receipts????? Bleh, blah, boo.

My meds ran out on Sunday. I am beginning to cough more and bringing up yuk, no blood tho. Hope it is not a set back. I see my primary care on Thursday, hope I can hold out that long. Just two more days. I was awful cold last night which is how I was during the worst part of this. I feel like I am getting so old with all this crap and at a very young age. Am I my momma?

Dinner was pork rind crusted thick pork chops fried in real butter. Green beans and mac and cheese for the rest of the crew. The chops were excellent and so tender. Kudos from the crowd. I brought the last chop today for lunch to share with my other Keto buddy.

SHADDIE...the girls are absolutely adorable, especially Miss S. Her hair is beautiful. I, like you, do not like painting AT ALL. Too tedious for my liking. I am a hurry up and get this done type of person and cannot be that way with painting, unless we just want it slopped on. lol

HAPPY...wow great win at the slots. Nice of you to share with DH. I know he shares with you. Seems fair. I don't like getting glasses either. Even with adjustments they just don't seem to work out for me and I end up not wearing them at all. I think my next pair will be reading glasses only. This whole bifocal thing doesn't agree with me. May be time to invest in a new dryer. How much have you invested in warranty agreements on said dryer? Of course, with all the new fangled dryers they don't seem to last either. Hmm, decisions.. How's the PT coming along? Did your crystals stay set?

DEE...glad to see you post and that your health is a bit better. Keep coming back.

LAURA...I like Worthington pants also at JCP. I used to get my Levi jeans at JCP but their selection as gone to heck in a hand basket. I get the Levi Signature jeans at Walmart and Kroger, go figure. Levi, modern cut, either straight leg or boot cut. 8 long. Long's are actually too long and regulars are too short. Hope your plant does well now that it is repotted.

CEEG...so glad to hear your nephew is still on the straight and narrow. Relapse is awful and some do not come back from it. Did he own up to moving your coats? How much longer til niece gets her DLs? Goodluck at the dentist.

SUSIE...I tell you, your work sounds like a constant nightmare. Bleh. I have a couple of days a week like that but nothing like you do. Remember to keep yourself first. NO MATTER WHAT!!

Have a very blessed day all! We need it.

Hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:52 AM   #122  

Morning all.

Ceejay - Good that nothing is amiss with the meds. == Re the dentist, don't look back with regrets (the fear is very real and you sure aren't alone), but just look forward and take care of yourself! You'll be glad you did.

Susie - I'm not a fan of shopping and that's probably part of why I didn't find anything I wanted. Especially when I shop with the intent to find something for a specific purpose (tops for work, a new purse). == I do enjoy plants and gardening. I used to have a cactus in our half bath and (unbeknownst to me) a frequent guest would water it ... too much water and it didn't do well in there. On the other hand, I had another cactus at some point and was thrilled when it bloomed for me! Have fun with your succulent garden. Our area's botanic garden has a great collection of them. So many varieties.

Shad - How fun that your friend will be living in your town pretty soon. Is the weather better up by you - like moving to Florida from the north in the US? == Cute pics of the girls. Wow, S's hair is looong!

Annie - Praying you're not gonna have a relapse of the bronchitis/pneumonia. == Boo on the boss being behind on his expense reporting! My boss would love for me to be run off my feet with work on a constant basis, but he won't delegate anything! The past three years he's been saying his boss needs him to delegate down and focus on higher level issues and projects and it hasn't happened yet. And at my recent check-in, he tried to blame me for not asking for more work. As far as I'm concerned that's his issue. I'll tackle anything he puts in front of me. I think I just need to spend craploads of time on everything I do the way the #2 person does so he thinks I'm not sitting here twiddling my thumbs all day (I'm not.) Sorry, I'll stop complaining now.

Hellos to Happy and Dee!

==
Nothing much to report. By going through my old career/jobs file at home, I found some old resumes of my own and some from former colleagues of mine. And by going through my files at work (moving prep), I found resumes from when our department was searching for the #1 and #2 positions at various times several years ago when I was involved in the process. So I've gathered all of these resumes to use as examples and will create a new resume for myself. I can't sit here and complain and not do anything about it.

That's it for me. Have a great day everyone!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:14 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I've taken my niece to work then I went out to the Rec Plex to work out. I may go again with sis tonight if she goes.
Think I've become the cook and maid along with my Uber chore. I've been cooking dinner on a nightly basis and cleaning the condo too. Today I have a beef
stew in the crock pot. I'm having left over meatloaf, green beans, and mashed potatoes for lunch. Going to fix chicken at some point. I'm ready for a pizza.
Going to start leaving the garbage out that the dog gets into when the door to the laundry room is left open.
My cousins mother passed away late yesterday afternoon. She has been extremely ill the past couple of months so it was expected. She was 93.

Annie
If the boss can't come up with his expense put down 0 dollars or not available. Can you amend it later? Hoping that you don't have a relapse of the bronchitis/ pneumonia.

Laura
I'm glad that the nephew hasn't had a relapse. I'm like you I don't like to go shopping except on a special occasion. I keep telling myself that I wil not wait this long to go to the dentist. The hygienist has scheduled me again for 3 months check up. I intend to go.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:24 AM   #124  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

I have to take DH to the hospital down the street to get a cortesone shot in his neck. He needs to have a driver. Also waiting for Sears to show up to fix my dryer. Of course they had one cancellation TODAY when I had other plans. Otherwise I'd have to wait 3 weeks which I cannot. I will try and come back later and post.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:08 PM   #125  

Happy
Ouch on the cortisone shot for DH. Hope it makes him feel better.
--------
Been to the Rec Plex this morning and completed one work out. Will go again if sis goes tonight. We are going to eat at Jane Dough's tonight to give me a break. It's kind of like a Subway.
Think I'm going to concentrate on my exercise. and not eating after a certain time at night. Been going to bed around 9.30 and getting in 8 hours sleep.
Niece did take the dog out this morning before she left for work but I came home and had to clean up his business. It's not the dog's fault. He needs to be on a schedule.

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-31-2018 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:54 PM   #126  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

I Lost my long post I'll try again later.

Thank you to Each of You from the bottom of My Heart for so Warmly Welcoming me Back
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:15 PM   #127  

Afternoon all. Or it will be by the time I post this.

Ceejay - Do you like spending the time in Branson with your sis and niece, or do you prefer being at home? You probably prefer a good balance of family/busy time and quiet time by yourself. Good for you getting your exercise done in the morning. And great that you're getting to bed early and getting a good night's sleep. So very important and a lot of people short themselves on it.

Happy - I hope your dh gets some relief from the shot.

Hellos to the rest of you!
-
Nothing much to report. IT upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 after I left work today. No big problems today, yay for that. Two members of our group didn't have a good experience with their upgrades.

Payday today, yay for that. Paycheck is a bit higher due to tax withholding changes from the new tax law. But my Metra (train) ticket price went up by $10. Boo. At least it gets paid with pre-tax dollars...

Pilates class tonight.

That's it for me. Have a good rest of the day everyone.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:45 AM   #128  
Annie - Indiana

Hey Ladies....

Today is my Doc appt for follow up on pneumonia. Hope all goes well. Feeling quite a bit better however still coughing up stuff now and again. No blood, thank you Jesus. And no fever.

I made Keto hamburger stroganoff, very delish. I just ate the meat stuff and made egg noodles for the others to eat with. Many Kudos. I always wait for all the praise on how it tastes and also for the others to get done eating then I announce well that was a keto recipe. hahahahah. Sam always says well I kind of figured it was cause you ate it. bah.

Curtis update..he is doing well on his meds. Things are much clearer in his head. No infidelities. HOWEVER, he struggles every day, going back and forth on wanting to be on his own or being married. He says the passion is gone in our marriage. Well duh. He is sweet and kind to me and to the rest of the family also. So my head question struggle is how much more time do I put into this? What do I really want? I go back to my therapist on March 1st. This is a hard thing to go through. It is all on me and what I want to deal with. HOpefully I can get my mind straightened out. Only positive help please.

HAPPY...hugs to DH. How did he do with the cortisone shot? Strange that you are HIS uber driver rather than the other way around. haha. Did Sears show up to fix the dryer. Did it get fixed or new dryer in the future? bleh We need a new dishwasher. The one we have still works but is slowly falling apart.

CEEG...How often to you go home? Do you spend the week at Sissy's house and go home on the weekend or do you just break it up here and there?

LAURA...I have not noticed any paycheck increase due to taxes. I will check next pay which is on the 23rd.

HI to DEE, SHADDIE and SUSIE...come up for air all ya'll.

Make it a great day. Hugs
Old 02-01-2018, 10:15 AM   #129  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

DH felt really weird after his shot yesterday. He slept for a while but said this morning the pain in his shoulder and most of the other pains are GONE. He has some residual pain in his fingertips - said it feels as if someone smashed his hand with a hammer. But hopefully that will resolve as the cortisone moves it's way through the body. I went with him to the hospital in the morning and sat waiting for him. I was hoping Sears would not come until the afternoon as that's how it usually works out. And so it did. We were home by 11:30, Sears came at 1:30. Was not my favorite guy - the one who looks like Jesus come back to earth (no disrespect intended, I am serious - there is something mesmerizing about this guy and I am filled with the feeling that if Jesus came back to earth, he'd be this guy ) anyway the guy who did come Ron, was really polite and good even if he did reek of cigarettes. He said the blower wheel was broken in the dryer (plastic part) and ordered a new one which should be in mid month. I can use the dryer for now but it will be noisy. I will do minimal loads for now. He also checked the washer and ordered a small part for that. I did pay for the extended warranty through November so that at least paid for this service call. I have had the dryer for 14 years and this is the first repair I have ever had on it. I am glad that's all there is to it and it was not that horridly expensive. I do love this one of a kind dryer and wanted to keep it.

We are going to physical therapy shortly for my foot and headed to the senior center for lunch - spaghetti and meatballs. Then to bingo tonight.

Annie - I am glad you are on the mend although it is taking a long time. Sorry to hear about C's uncertainty. That would hurt my feelings a whole lot if DH told me he couldn't decide if he wanted to be married or not. I guess it comes down to what they always said - YOU must decide if you are better off with or without him. It's funny that he's the one who wanted to marry and now he is undecided. No judgement on him, that's the way things work sometimes. Sometimes you grow apart or things change. I think he needs to make up his mind or you do - it also seems that you provide some stability for him that he may not realize he desperately needs. But in the end, it is your happiness that you need to watch over for. and prayers to you that you will find the path you are meant to walk. Keto stroganoff sounds yummy - do you make vegetables to go with it? I made sweet and sour pork from Hello Fresh last night - DH liked it alot, I added pineapple chunks. I was ok with it - it's more DH's kind of meal. "They can't all be winners kid..."

Laura - I noticed my house in AH sold again the beginning of January. Looks like house prices are on the rise. Glad you got a bit of a raise in taxes - boo on the train ticket being so expensive. Still cheaper than driving I suppose. Uber's not cheap

Oh oh - I have to leave in 20 minutes for therapy and I am still in pjs. Will come back later to finish up. Sorry ...
Old 02-01-2018, 01:25 PM   #130  

Morning all. Dang Metra had a delay last night on my commute home (mechanical issue) and I couldn’t make it to my Pilates class. Tonight I will try to get to a circuit class.

The boss set up a “roundtable” discussion with his boss this morning – all four of us. It went fine (we had a list of discussion points prepared in advance, so it wasn’t random), but I’m still glad that’s done.

==

Annie – Good luck at your doc appointment. I hope your lungs are on their way to being perfectly clear. == Yum, beef stroganoff. I have a couple of those type recipes, one of which I think came from you – yum. I’ll have to make that sometime soon. == Tough decisions for you – and not only you deciding what you want, but what does C want, and are you both on the same page or willing to somehow get to the same page? I’m glad you’re still going to the therapist for help.

Happy – Glad to hear that your dh’s cortisone shot has already helped him with the pain. Hope it makes its way to his fingers and gives him relief there too. == I’m glad the service call re the dryer worked out as to timing and that it’s repairable. Hope bingo goes well tonight! == Nothing to be done about Metra ticket hikes – I would never drive from home to downtown, nor would I Uber. Well, I shouldn’t say “nothing to be done” because an option I would consider is getting a job with a reasonable driving commute, but I would not change jobs solely for the commute.

Hellos to the rest of you!

==

Nothing much else to report from my neck of the woods. I’m starving, so I’m off to get lunch.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:26 PM   #131  

Afternoon

Annie
I'm going home in the morning till Sunday. Wish I could stay longer. Can't wait till niece gets her drivers license back so I can stay home. She has a way to go for that. It's sad that you may have to end your marriage. Hope that your doctor's visit will be good and that the pneumonia is clearing up or is gone.

Happy
My old washer and dryer were around 14 to 15 years old when traded them in for a new set. Wish I hadn't cause I really liked that set. Glad that the repair person came when you were home. Have fun at bingo tonight.

Laura
Sigh with the mechanical problems with the train and caused you to miss the exercise class. I'd rather be at home but I told sis that I would help with getting my niece to and from work.

---------
I'm looking forward to going home in the morning. I was a bit concerned about the dog but I took him out at 1 and he only did a little bit. He mainly wanted to walk and sniff around the bushes. Their is a cold front moving through today and that north wind is cold. So I didn't tarry out side to long. He should be okay till she gets hoe tomorrow night. Brother in law will pick her up tomorrow.
Food has really been good this week so tonight I've planned on having a burger from Wendy's or maybe one from Freddy's
Already been to the gym at the Rec Plex.

Last edited by ceejay52; 02-01-2018 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:45 PM   #132  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Overcast, drizzly and cool here this morning. Well Hallelujah. We've waited a long time for this. I'll have to go look at the weather radar soon to check out how long it will last - probably as soon as it is done, the temps will rise and the steam will be horrendous.

No doggy day care for the next two weeks as DS2 will be on night shift. Hasn't done that for a while so will be plenty grumpy at the end of it. Then I have him (the dog) for a complete week - overnight stays since the DS2 will be in Toowoomba for a week. He's not a happy camper at the moment (DS2 not the dog). Hates night shift and doesn't like the people he has to work with at Toowoomba. Get used to it son. Working life is not what it used to be.

Painting is coming along. Will get the door back on it's hinges today and that will be the end of the painting in the laundry. Just clean up and touch up to do. Then I will get the DS2 to come and install the dryer on the wall and put the last of the cupboards up or in and put in the doorstops. I'm not confident of doing the drilling into tile. The tiler can then come in and put up the last of tiles for the splashback. Been a long job - mainly due to my indecision in part but it will be done. Next onto the hall, get the bedroom wall done and get a concreter and a builder to start on the next project. More painting at the end of that no doubt.

Annie - wish I could come up with some good words for you. I can't make your decisions for either of you. My only suggestion would be that you spend some time apart (has he still got his house?) and sit and think about where you are, what you need out of the relationship and what you are doing to help it along. It can not be easy for any of you to have another generation living in a smallish house and trying not to get under anyone's feet. Passion killer for anyone especially if they are not related apart from marriage. My neighbour who had her mother-in-law living with her for a while was tempted to commit murder when the duration passed its use by date, and I had that argument with DS2's partner when we couldn't see eye to eye. I can understand his feelings on the whole thing although it might have been a bit cruel to say that the passion has gone. Presumably he was talking about his only feelings and not supposing he understood yours. Is it time S went out on her own with the boys?
I'm glad to hear you are feeling better even if you are still coughing a bit. That flu that went through Brisbane last year was terrible. Epidemic proportions. Everyone got it except me. I said that was because the chemo was still running around in my body killing everything in its path.

Happy - glad to hear that the cortisone worked for your DH. Living with pain as you both are at the moment is not a good place. Stay warm and hope that the winter ends early. I have a suspicion we might get an early Autumn since the gardens have no idea what season it is. The big Poinciana tree has buds, flowers and pods on it and some of the leaves are turning yellow. Chrysanthemums are taking over the middle garden and the Azaleas are flowering again. I have a tomato in the middle of my rock garden that is flowering and fruiting as well. Crazy. Might be the long dry we have had, but I think so much of it is confused by the changing climates - oh no sorry, your President says there is no such thing and our silly PM just nods and follows along and says we will have to have coal fired power stations for a lot longer yet. Not sure what we elected this lot for, they can't make a decent decision and keep coming back to the people to make the decisions for them. What the heck did we elect them to do??? Referendum for this, postal vote for that. That's not what it's about.

Laura - don't you just hate it when the trains are delayed? Always seemed to me to have a slow trip or a breakdown just when I was supposed to be somewhere at a certain time.
I used to hate those round table discussions when I worked. Always seemed that I ended up with more work to do. I'm pleased you got a tax cut. From the news here, it seemed that the tax cuts would only benefit those who didn't need one.

Ceejay - another exercise queen in our midst. Good for you, and it is time you went back to your place. You have gone above and beyond the call of duty with this one. Safe travels.

Dee - what a pain to lose the post. I seem to have that problem more and more lately and what with not being able to stay logged in and having to redirect to the site every time, it's becoming a pain. Maybe type it into a word document first and then copy and paste?

Susie - Must be having another long and tiring work week.

I'm going to get this posted. The page is jumping around all over the place every time I press enter or use the mouse. I refuse to lose another post. See ya.

Last edited by Shad; 02-01-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:53 AM   #133  
Annie - Indiana

Last effort before hospital, could use prayers please.

Lungs not clear. Better but not as much as doc would like to see. On steroids and Albuterol Sulfate breathing treatments every 4 hours. Next one at 10:00 am today.

Go for another x-ray in 4 weeks. In the meantime, if breathing gets worse or fever, well…just yikes

Have a great weekend all....Hugs
Old 02-02-2018, 11:01 AM   #134  

Morning all. TGIF and Happy Groundhog Day!

Annie - Saying a prayer that this last round of meds does the job in clearing your lungs.

Shad – Yay for the cooler weather and some precip! Enjoy, and I hope everything in your (poor confused) garden enjoys it while it lasts. Yes, the weather has been crazy, changes happening and not for the better. Speaking of not for the better…I can’t believe we (in the US) have to live with this prez for three more years. And that’s all on that topic. == My father worked a rotating type of shift at the last job he had before retirement. So not only was he having to adjust to a night shift schedule, but then the schedule changed every few weeks. Apparently the employees liked it because there was a higher wage on the night shifts, so they all were able to cash in. And they all tried to work on a holiday because it meant some sort of super-duper OT pay. Anyway, I hope the night shift and Toowoomba are only occasional schedule things for your DS. You sound like you miss doggy, so it’ll be nice for you to have him around for a whole week. == Re the tax cut – I was surprised to benefit from it, but apparently one of the rates I’m subject to was cut. We’ll see how that works out at tax time next year… the new law went through late last year and went into effect this year, so implementation seemed rushed. I'd rather too much tax be withheld from my pay than not enough!

Ceejay – You’re a good aunt to be the Uber for the niece. It would be nice, though, if she could come up with another ride arrangement. Yay for you with the good food and exercise.

Happy – How was bingo last night? Any big wins?

Susie – I surmise you had another crazy-busy work week. I’m sure you're TGIF’g today! I hope your weekend is not as busy as your last - you probably need some downtime!

Dee – C’mon back here!

Everyone have a great weekend.

==
I went to the circuit class last night. The fitness center in the recplex is completely different now – the cardio machines and weight machines are now opposite of where they were when I did that class in the past. And the class is slightly different now. Instead of three rounds of exercising at the various stations, it’s two rounds. And instead of 30 seconds at each station, it’s now 45 seconds. And the focus is not on trying to get as many reps as you can in 30 seconds, but to go heavier on the weights and do slower reps. I like that. I was totally confused with finding the next station (numbered from 1 to 18 and not all in the spots close to each other, especially the cardio equipment.) Oh well, I’ll get it memorized in the next couple classes. Anyway, good workout. That’s the most rigorous exercise I’ve had in a while outside of doing things out in the garden. It felt good. Oh, Happy – one of the cardio stations in class was a Nu Step. It probably wasn’t set up correctly for me, but for a total of 90 seconds, I’m not that concerned.

This weekend I have the rescheduled breakfast with my former work buddy. We’ll also take bf’s mom out to eat for her birthday. Otherwise, plenty to do around the house, that’s for sure. And that doesn't include watching the big football game. Not interested.

Back to what I get paid for.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:00 PM   #135  
Choose your hard

Good morning all,

Yikes I cut my finger on the lid of a can of beans a few days ago. Guess I should have taken super glue and glued it shut! Rather deep and it keeps catching and opening up. We were supposed to go to a town an hour's drive away to return some things from Kohls and Bath and Body Works. But one of our bingo guys was sick yesterday. Even with a smaller crowd it's alot of constant work for just two of us. Plus I was helping in the kitchen - they are having issues with one of the kitchen helpers. People just don't want to work anymore... So it was a tiring night - I asked DH if we can put this off to tomorrow and he said ok. He is antsy to do things and I am the opposite - yearning to stay home and get some things done around the house. Also my head is clogged - sinuses - and that means the return of the vertigo. I will take Claritin as suggested and see if that helps.

Annie - I hope and pray that you can get your lungs cleared up. I don't ever remember being so skeeved about catching the flu as it was this year. SO devastating to people. That's really bad when steroids and antihistamines and such are not doing much. You probably should be resting in bed. THIS is the time to pamper and baby yourself. Really. Please go sit in a chair all weekend long and don't move. Also reading Shad's post I think she made an excellent point about your relationship. You guys weren't married very long before S and the kids moved in. That can be very disruptive in a relationship as I see so often with people up this way. Women of course look at things differently than men do - no right answer but don't shove the hubby aside - they are often more needy than your kids are. I hope things work out but first and foremost concentrate on getting well!!

Laura - I don't think Trump will last 3 more years. No big wins at bingo yesterday - it's a quiet time for us and probably will be during the entire month as the jackpot needs time to build up again. Regarding the NuStep all you really need to concern yourself with is the placement of the seat and arms so that you can extend your legs much like a bicycle rotation with slightly bent knees and you also want a full extension on the arms - not as important as the legs. There are numbers associated to the settings - you might want to come in early to class and see what numbers work for you - interestingly enough I have the arms and legs set at the same number so easy to remember. However it's a bit awkward to adjust the arm poles so not sure you can do that in a 90 second rotation. The seat should have a lever in the bottom middle of the seat - kind of like a car seat to reposition it. Circuit class sounds like a good workout, save for trying to find the right machines in numerical sequence It sure does sound like Metra is having more mechanical and other delays than any time I remember it when I was a rider. I agree with you about commuting. I left my downtown job and took a job in Northfield - about 10 miles away. That was one of the snowiest winters we had and sometimes it would take me over 2 hours to drive 10 miles. A real PAIN. At least you get 2 free hours on the train to read, pay bills, nap, relax, whatever and not have to worry about driving. I would take the train any day over driving. Especially in the crazy city traffic. And you get some exercise walking back and forth to the train and office.

Shad - glad you are finally getting some wetter and cooler weather. It's funny - I think of Memphis when I think of azaleas - not your kind of tropical weather. I see orchids more for you than azaleas. Must be very pretty. Good luck on drilling the tiles. I would be afraid of breaking or chipping them. I'm sure there is a secret to doing it. Google As for your comment about our president - please remember that despite his pompous bragging, he was NOT the choice of the popular vote but rather a beneficiary of an archaic system that even he complained needed to be replaced. So he was not the choice of the people, just further evidence of how bonkers this mad world has become. You are welcome to come here any time you like but you will be cold if you come in October and there will be no boating at that time. Leaves turn around October 6 - sometimes we start with pretty reds and then they all fade to ugly yellow for some reason. I think we have only had one spectacular year that I can remember since we've been up here. I do like spring the best. DH came downstairs yesterday interested in planting a butterfly garden in the yard. I'm thinking that deer would love to chomp on the very same things butterflies find attractive. And there will have to be trees taken out to make a more sunny location. I think he's planning on photography jaunts with you Has the numbness in your hands and arms receeded any?

Ceejay - did you enjoy your treat meal? Welcome back home. Will you be staying for a while? How are the uncles doing or are there not many left?

Hello to Dee and Susie. I'm happy to be home today - need to gather some things for tomorrow's return run and get some laundry started so I'll sign off for now. Have a good weekend.