Old 01-03-2018, 01:14 PM   #16  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HAPPY...yes I just got back from a meeting not more than 10 minutes ago. Still loving them. Even after almost 2 1/2 years. Yeah me!! lol. End of Jan-first of Feb will be one year Keto. Yeah me. Feb 12 will be 11 year bariatric anniversary. So much to celebrate S.O.B.E.R. I am glad HF is working out for you. It even sounds a bit healthier and more portion controlled. YGG. Stay warm!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:42 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Not sure if I mentioned this except on FB but my uncle that I used to visit often has passed away a little after midnight on January 2. He will be buried Friday. I really dread the trip to Paragould but nephew said that he would take me if my sis can't get off to go.

Susie
I hope you are right in the fact that I'm supposed to be settled down and willing to do this. I'm not sure what is going on with MFP but I will find out soon.

Annie
Wow you have been having some weird circumstances.

Happy
Glad you are liking the hello Fresh meals.

Laura,
Are you feeling better? My nose is still stuffy. But over all I'm feeling better.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:41 AM   #18  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Beautiful Ladies.

Grateful this morning for the 4 minute wait on a train. Gave me time to calm down, reflect, be grateful and pray. Much better start to this freezing day. Zero this morning.

Got my hairs <--- yes hairs, all of them cut last evening. Same style, just a LOT shorter. Keeping my style as it is working for me. That was the highlight of the evening. Got home about 5:45 after picking up meds at CVS. It was a fend for yourself evening. As we were sitting at the table it got kind of humorous. We were looking at each other's food asking, "What are you having". blah blah blah...what are you having? It was a mish mash of food, I can tell you that. Off to bed about 8 pm. Asleep at 9:30. Got caught up in a program.

CEEG...Heartfelt sympathies my friend. I know you are/were close to you Uncles. Peace.

LAURA...hope your first day back was not too awful.

Hey HAPPY, SHADDIE, SUSIE...

Hugs

Hello to all of youse.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:29 PM   #19  

I'm hearing a bird. Not sure if it's outside or upstairs condo.
I contacted my cousin and told him that I couldn't make it to the funeral in the morning. Glad he understands. Guess I'm a whimp for not braving the cold. But I'm still coughing and blowing my nose so I really don't need to get out unless I need to.
Heard sis again this morning exercising. We may go for a walk tonight at the rec plex.
I will be following a few different diet plans that have worked for me in the past. I just need to combine those plans and plan ahead. Since I'm with sis and niec at the condo I'm going to increase my exercise to 60 minutes instead of 30 minutes.
-----------

Susie
Thanks I will need all the encouragement I can get. I need to lose 60 pounds to get to my goal weight and if you can do it so can I. Told my sis last night that I have more supporters for my journey.

Laura,
Know what you mean about not talking. Don't know why but I start coughing more when I lay down for the night. Feel better soon.

Happy
Not sure why my mfp will not work. I will check into it later.

Annie and Shad Hello

Will need to post before I lose this.

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-04-2018 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:04 PM   #20  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning Worldies,

Ceejay - I am very sorry to hear of the passing of your uncle. It's unfortunate that you can't get back for the services but I don't blame you for not wanting to drive so far in this unpredictable weather. And if you are not feeling well to boot all the more reason to rest and take care of yourself. Glad the family understands. Good thinking to stick with eating plans that you know work for you. Otherwise we get frustrated and dwell on what we can't have.

Annie - I think my hairdresser was hoping I was up for something different this time around. I thought about it but like you, I like what I have right now. Sticking with it. Funny that you got your "hairs" cut quite short now. I was going to do the same thing but she left it longer. Why do we want to get it cut short when it's the coldest out? Not that it keeps us warm or anything. Stick with what you look good in. We do mish mash dinners too when enough leftovers have accumulated in the refrigerator or I don't feel like cooking. Congratulations on all your milestone anniversaries.

Laura - are you feeling any better today? Is the cold weather bugging your sensitive nose or does it clear the sinuses when you go outside?

Hello to the rest of the chicks

Bingo tonight. Should be busy - I'm thinking the jackpot will go tonight or very soon. Then it will get quiet for a few weeks. It was negative 2 overnight but the wind has picked up so it's quite chilly feeling. I have some wool socks I wear that help and I wear a long sleeved Cuddle Duds shirt under my sweater. I bought a couple of cashmere sweaters on sale over the month of December and have taken to wearing them in the house. They are warmer than my fleece pullovers and I'm careful not to spill anything on them or wear them when I'm cooking. Last night I warmed a throw blanket in the dryer and put it on my bed under the covers just as I was getting it. It was not toasty hot but just warm enough to help me quickly fall asleep. One of my hands is much colder than the other and I feel chilled all the time now. I have to laugh at all the snowbirds who went to Florida, South Carolina and Arizona - it's cold there too. Maybe not as bad as here but certainly not warm at all. I hope the latest frost doesn't take out the orange crop in Florida - they have had a couple of bad weather bouts that almost destroyed the trees/crops for good. This is my last week of me time, things pick up next week again. I did enjoy being home being a slug

Gotta go find something for lunch so I'll sign off for now. See yahs
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 02:21 PM   #21  

Afternoon all.

Shad – Has your sciatica eased up yet? That must be very uncomfortable. I hope you're able to get some relief from the pain.

Annie – How are you and your co-workers coping with no space heaters under the desks? Or have you defied the ban!? == Great news that the biopsy came back negative! == Wow, what a day you had getting stuck in the elevator and then the bike incident. That was enough excitement (the wrong kind) for the week/month/year!!!! == I'm so glad to hear the meetings work well for you. And the Keto WOE!!

Ceejay – My condolences to you on the passing of your uncle. I understand not going to the funeral after you’ve been sick, and also the risk of being on the road in this extremely cold weather. A simple breakdown could really be dangerous in this weather, especially if you’re in the middle of nowhere. == I’m glad your cold is better. I’m feeling a bit better, but still have congestion. Same here - I also cough more when I lay down in bed.

Happy – I don't think the hot tub in a cold room would appeal to me in this frigid weather. It’s darn cold in our 3-season room. It sits on a slab, and the windows on three sides are very old (single pane glass) and drafty (the wooden frames are probably warped). As a matter of fact, I was home sick on Tuesday sitting on the sofa in our living room and heard a “pop” and I just knew that a can of soda sitting in the 3-season room had burst. When I went to investigate, I was correct. I hauled all the 12-packs sitting out there into the house so it wouldn’t happen to more of the cans. Thankfully, it was a can of seltzer, and it was already frozen and dry enough to sweep the chunks into a dustpan. == Re the yoga – definitely get back to it. Any bit of movement you get will be good for you. As for me, I think the pilates starts next week, so hopefully we’ll be in a less frigid weather pattern by then. And the class pass can wait too, now that it has a 6-month expiration. == Feeling okay, but not over this virus thing by any means. My nose is fine in the cold weather (runs like everyone else’s does after being in the cold) but I have to cover my mouth to avoid breathing the super cold air. Very bad for the lungs. == Hope you have a good bingo night tonight. – Yes, wool is warmer than cotton, cozier than the synthetic fabrics too. I have two of my old boiled wool cardigans in service this week – the warmest things I own.

Susie – Looking forward to your reviews of Hello Fresh in addition to Happy’s. I’m curious about the vegetarian meals. == I’m feeling alright, but still have a good amount of congestion. I went to the drugstore yesterday for more Nyquil and to pick up a prednisone-type of prescription my doc told me to keep on hand and take in case my asthma gets worse (it hasn’t, thankfully). The cold/flu med section looked like a hurricane had been through it. I think a lot of people are sick right now.

==
Nothing much to report. Catching up at work. It’s going to be a busy year. There will be several special projects on top of the usual stuff – should be a challenge. Being under the weather at the moment, I don’t particularly feel up for a challenge right now.

I’m looking forward to the weekend. On Sunday, it’s forecast to be back in the 20’s. I heard someone on the news say that it’ll feel like shorts weather when we do, LOL.

I’ll start un-decorating the house from Christmas. This time around I want to purge some of the stuff in all of our Christmas bins. There’s so much stuff we never use anymore.

Can’t think of anything else to say, so I’ll get this posted. Cheers!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:34 AM   #22  
Annie - Indiana

Default Cute Little Diner

Look what I found on the way to work this morning. Took a little bricked road cut through as there was construction on my route.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg diner.jpg (25.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-05-2018, 10:07 AM   #23  
Annie - Indiana

Quiet cold evening at home. Chris had the boys. I bought a 5.99 (one sale) large pepperoni pizza and made a salad for 4 off the salad bar at Kroger on the way home last night. TaDah-dinner. I added green pepper, onion and a bit more cheese to the pizza that I had at home. YUM....

Still have not gotten my pedicure. My toes and feet look awful. I am used to well manicured feet and polish. There is no polish on my toenails right now. Maybe this weekend, maybe not. Trying to safe $$ these days as the taxman will be here before you know it. Kind of scares me. Especially next year with all the items we will no longer be able to claim. It will kill us.

LAURA...in answer to your question...I am freezing my heiny off with no space heater. I turn it on for about 3 minutes every hour or so. Just to take the chill off. Building management has been here to adjust the heat so now instead of being -15 degrees it is now -2, lol. When you get back to exercising and pilates, be sure to go easy on your foot. Are you still waking with numbness? C had that and we (I) discovered he was sleeping with his hands/arms above his head at night. He has kind of quit doing that and I move his arms if I am awake and notice it. The numbness has stopped. We are supposed to have 30s by Sunday. Here's to hoping. 10 day forecast shows 50 on January 19. We shall see.

HAPPY...how was bingo? Did anyone win the pot? Did all the worker bees show up? Are you keeping warm with all your bundling? I think I would rather be too hot than too cold. Especially now with being on this blood thinner. Burr to say the least.

Hi SHAD, SUSIE and CEEG.

Hugs
Old 01-05-2018, 11:10 AM   #24  

Morning all.

Annie – That is a cute little diner. I love retro stuff like that. == I need a pedicure too. It would be nice to get an in-home pedicure during the winter, have no idea if that’s a service someone offers. I'll probably just have to do my own DIY pedi. I do have a foot spa, but I rarely use it. Now's the time! == Re the new tax law – a lot of people around here were pre-paying their property taxes before 2017 ended because 2018 limits that deduction. I have a feeling I won’t even be itemizing my expenses for taxes next year - I’m getting to the end of the mortgage (woo!!!) and there’s not much interest now. == I’m sorry you’re freezing at work. And it's worse when you’re sitting at the desk and not moving around. My legs get cold when I don’t have a layer beneath my jeans, so today I’m back to wearing the thermal bottoms. But let’s keep our fingers that we get out of the single digits and teens in the coming days.

Hellos to the rest of you. Hope you all have lovely weekends.
~~~
Nothing much going on in my world except coughing, blowing my nose, and that’s about it. None of my houseplants, including the orchids, like the cold drafts in the house. I don’t really have any other places to keep the plants other than near windows, so I don’t know what to do about that. Cover them all with dry cleaning bags??

Okay, off to post and then back to the grind.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:50 AM   #25  

This cat is getting on my nerves this morning but she can be so silly. I would let her do some things but my sis has certain rules that I try to abide by.
For those that want to follow me on mfp my new thing is ceejay50c. It's finally up and running.
---------
Laura
I'm still blowing my nose but not coughing as much.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:51 AM   #26  

Annie
That is a cute picture. Hope the get the heat fixed.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:45 PM   #27  
Choose your hard

Hi ho ladies,

Already past the morning. Don't know where it went. Yep, the bingo pot was $1131 and was won by the sister of one of our regular patrons. Typical story - I wasn't going to come but my sister dragged me in here... glad she did. Ok, I hope you bought her dinner or sent a few bucks her way. We were very busy - the night flew by. I help in the kitchen by taking orders (yes, I do everything but call bingo numbers ) - until L can get in there. She has child care schedule conflicts. So I usually help for about 30 minutes. Yesterday she was late so I was in there almost an hour. It's sort of fun as long as I remember to charge the right prices and give people their bottles of water. I do find I am getting more ditzy. I'm not sure if its' the morning dose of Motrin I take to stave off the arthritis aches. I only take it once a day but I do find I am getting rather goofy and forgetful lately. I had a gyro for dinner yesterday and they also had venison stroganoff that looked good so I got an order of that to take home for lunch today. I tasted it when I got home and although it was heavy on the sour cream base and mushrooms, it still had an off / gamey flavor about it that I didn't care for so I tossed it. The other people who ordered it liked it alot but I supposed they are used to the taste of venison. I've had venison chili that wasn't bad but if you toss enough chili based spices in anything, even squirrel chili would probably be acceptable. IF you didn't know what you were eating I had a gyro for dinner - it was light, lean and heavy on the lettuce and tomatoes so that was pretty healthy. I am hungry alot - I tell myself to deal with it.

Annie - we have a diner like that up our way. It's a really cute place. Mostly metal so I wonder in these frigid times if it's really cold in there. We usually stop there at least once in the summer when we are ATV'ing. I kind of wish diners would make a come back. Sorry you are freezing at work. That is no fun at all. As for keeping warm, I am wearing wool socks now which helps - my feet get really cold then it chills the rest of the body. I also wear a long sleeved t-shirt / lighter weight top underneath my standard long sleeved sweaters and I find the layers help keep me warmer. Blouses and panty hose just won't cut it in this weather! Hopefully it will release it's icy grip this coming weekend and we can ease up a bit. Maybe make a pot of warm hearty soup to take for lunch with you.

Laura - Yes, tell me about the tax cuts - I got into a "ahem... 'discussion' "with my bingo partner about how this "amazing Christmas gift " to the people is a bunch of hooey - gift to the rich is what it is. Some people can't see beyond their noses that we are being hoodwinked. DH does the taxes, like you I don't think we itemize any more but we still won't be better off in the long run. That's an interesting thought about covering the plants with dry cleaning bags. That might help insulate them - will certainly warm them up when the sun shines in. I only have one plant - it grows like mad and is against an outside wall away from the heat but it gets direct sun through the windows and I guess that's enough for it. I find we have enough fresh air up here (leaking though my windows too) that I'm not compelled to have the green plants up here like I did when I was in the city. It's funny, the one plant I do have I received as a gift from a co-worker long, LONG ago and now that I think about it, I've actually moved it from Chicago to Memphis to Wisconsin here. It just won't die! Your comment reminded me that I have a boiled wool jacket in the closet I should probably start using. That is one of the warmest pieces of non-coat clothing I have. My arm was going numb as I am a side preference sleeper. I piled 2 pillows next to each other on the top of the bed and I lay on them and have my 3rd pillow scrunched between my arm and neck (I sleep on my arm). That has helped me tremendously with easing the numbness in the arm at night - just that extra cushioning from the pillows takes some of the pressure off my arm. Maybe it will work for you?

Ceejay - oh the cat is testing you It's good that you respect your sister's wishes - I'd be indulging the cat myself.

I had a pretty bad night last night despite being tired from bingo. It's soooooo dry up here. Like you guys I find myself coughing all night. Or an ugly cycle of get up, get a drink and then 45 minutes later have to get up for a potty run. I need to pick up some distilled water so I can run the humidifier. I am so full of static electricity that when I get up from the chair I grab a pair of DH's needle nosed pliers and I touch it to the garbage can to discharge before I touch anything. Otherwise the sparks and shocks are downright painful!

Hello to Shad and Susie. Did you get your Hello Fresh box yet? I got mine yesterday and with the frigid cold - not their fault - the spring greens, fresh lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper and fresh herbs were all frozen. I noticed that online chat is not working today - they are probably innundated with calls. I was going to suspend my shipments until the cold breaks but fortunately it looks like we will get to more normal temperatures come the weekend. Thank goodness.

That's it for me. Have a good one chicks
Old 01-05-2018, 04:55 PM   #28  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Lovely cool morning here this morning, but that won't last. What's worse, extreme cold or extreme heat?? This weekend is supposed to be a stinker here with temps soaring well into the mid thirties (35C is 100F more or less - quick calculation is out a degree or two) and it is set to last for sometime. It's warm outside but thankfully the house is staying cool at the moment. Won't last, but I'm damned if I will put the air on during the day since I am in and out of the house cleaning, collecting, putting out stuff etc. Today I have planned to vacuum the house and do a little painting. I have the trim and the doors to finish on the laundry and then onto the hall and paint another coat on the walls, do the trim and doors before moving to the bedroom. It really is too hot to paint most of the day, but it's okay right now.

Romeo the cat is back from his holiday in the cattery and I think he is pleased to be home. Hard to tell with that cat. Sunday used to tell me all about her adventures for 2 or 3 days before she settled in. He just wandered in, gave me a dirty look and disappeared into the bedroom. He's in a bit of trouble at the moment for using the furniture as a scratching post. I've never had this problem with other cats, so maybe I will have to give in and buy him one. He did have one but it went up to the kids place for their new cat. Can you teach older cats new tricks. Well he has learnt that I don't like him on tables. That's a and he is very clean around the house apart from dropping black fur everywhere and deciding he doesn't want to be brushed And he does like to stretch out across the bed and he takes up a lot of space there.

I'm off out to mow the lawns in a minute before it gets too hot but thought I should get here and speak to my friends before they decide I don't have any friends. Visit to the doctor on Monday to discuss the neurology results, not much more than what I was told by the Russian neurologist except that instead of a Russian accent I had to translate a Sri Lankan one. Then I went to the Haematologist on Thursday who assures me (with a Chinese accent ) that all bloods are fine and that the chains to the Multiple Myeloma are not a worry because they are ogli..... and not mono..... Can't remember the rest of the word that probably is the longest word in the medical dictionary So that's three out of three medical people telling me not to worry. I've relayed the news to the family so we are all happy forgetting that part of the blood test. Next test 3 months, then cancer check 6 months. This part of getting old is p*ssing me off.

Laura - yes the pain in my back has subsided and the sciatic nerve is recovering. I just feel stiff, like I've done a 5k hike around a mountain. But at least I can walk upright again.
As for the plants, low light is fine, cold may not be. I'm not sure what your dry cleaning bags are like, but I would just put them in the warmest part of the house with the best light and get b/f to make a little tray with sticks on the corners so you can wrap plastic around the sticks to form a bit of a shelter. If the bags fit over the sticks even better. But you will need to air them occasionally or the condensation from the plants will cause mould.

Ceejay - if there are rules for the cat, best to obey them. Only way the cat will learn because if even just one person breaks the rules, cats will take that as being the green light to go do it again and again.

Annie - what a name for a diner. Is that for real? Would be interesting to eat there and see.

Happy - Back on the treadmill of volunteering again I see. I hope that you can see your way clear to giving yourself at least a couple of days at home during the week. Otherwise you will just have so much to do to keep up with the house and yard.

Susie - Well done on the weight loss through MFP. It's time for me to get back on the wagon again - I may have to use you as inspiration.

And with that, I am off. I can feel the change in temp coming in, so out there to mow the lawn before it gets too much. Then inside to work - most people follow the sun around the house. Here we follow the shade.

Last edited by Shad; 01-05-2018 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Forgot about Laura's plants
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 12:42 PM   #29  
Choose your hard

Good morning girls,

17 degrees outside and sunny - almost a heat wave Actually the humidity will increase as the temps rise so 20 will actually feel colder (that damp chill that goes right through you) compared to -10 and 20 percent humidity. Oh well - 5 more months til summer Actually I'm hoping we can have a better summer so we can use the toys more.

Sitting at home enjoying life. I really don't want to go out. Tomorrow will be a killer - have to be in Duluth at 9 for my orthopedic appointment so I will probably have to get up at 5am I told DH to remind me tonight that I have to go to bed early to get up early. Not sure how I am going to make myself fall asleep - if I take a sleep aid like Motrin PM you get groggy in the morning and have to make sure you can get almost 8 full hours of sleep. I will also have to set the thermometer on program so it warms the house up starting at 4am. It will be pitch dark / middle of the night at 5am here. My foot is feeling a whole lot better but I still can't stand for long periods and if I move the foot I get that sharp pain. At this point I am concerned it is just arthritis in the ankle joint and I will have to live with it as it is. Tuesday we have to head back up that way again as DH has an appointment - not sure if it's the dermatologist (he has a spot on his face) or if it's about his shoulder and neck. Wednesday yoga starts back up again. I have decided I'm going to approach it as if I never did it before because I am compromised with certain moves like I can't get on the floor. It would make me depressed because my movement was limited so rather than focus on what I can't do, I am going to address it with improving range of motion, even if it's going to be a long, tough 90 minutes I have bingo on Thursday and a writing class starting up.

I had 3 weeks off from the thrift shop because of the holidays and my doctor's appointment tomorrow so that was a nice break. I do have some other things I need to do for the shelter and have to get back on that again. As for the senior center, I found out that the receptionist does not really like me filling in. She said to someone that I am always "touching the stuff" on her desk. What? The person she was talking to said " well duh... she has to answer the phones and give out information - what do you EXPECT her to do????" I don't know - these Millennials... so I get called when the director tells her to call me and she has no other choice. What kinda b.s. is that??? It's GOOD b.s. I tell you because that makes more time for ME to do what I want. And I'm happy about that.

Yesterday I made a Hello Fresh meal - baked chicken breast topped with a basil pesto and a mixture of panko breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, shredded mozzerella cheese and parsley on top of that. Served with a spring greens salad with slivered almonds and dried cranberries and dressed with a VERY tart lemon vinaigrette made with fresh lemon juice, a bit of lemon zest, salt, pepper and olive oi. Because it was so cold (in shipping) some of my delicate ingredients froze again. One of which was the potatoes. I had extra white potatoes for DH and I roasted a leftover sweet potato for me. The salad was a bit puckery for me - the lemon was really intense but DH just loved the meal and raved and raved and raved about the flavors. He said at the end he could just put his plate back in the cabinet because he darn near licked the plate clean. I thought it was a good meal but not nearly raving about it as much as he did. So that was good. I like that I have just enough food - I tend to split the meal 2/3 to him, 1/3 to me unless it contains zucchini, mushrooms, squash or sweet potato - vegs that he doesn't care for. Then I get extra vegetables and give him most of the protein. I am really liking the fact that I don't have to think about planning a meal - just picking a bag from the refrigerator. On bingo nights I eat there so I offer him something to make for himself. Last week he opted to just pick up a sub sandwich and he got a little one and then said it wasn't enough food so did I have something for him at 9pm that would tide him over through the night

Shad - having had a taste of the tropical heat and humidity down south as well as the extreme cold and dryness here - I would prefer the cold over the heat actually. I find the intense heat and humidity very draining. When you are cold you are stiff and tend to be more alert I think it costs less to heat the house with gas than to cool it with electric air conditioning. And then there are the BUGS. One of the best things about the winter is we don't have bugs. EXCEPT for the darn Asian beetles which truly are a plague. I must sweep up at least 2 dozen every single day. I swear they came in through the upper windows and are nesting inside the walls. For sure we will get the house sprayed next autumn when they go seeking a place to winter over. But in the south there were constant annoying bugs all year long. Also pollen allergies were far worse down there - I would think it would be the same for you with a year long growing season. Here we cough too over the winter but that's the sinus drip from the dry air but if you humidify the place with a pot of simmering water on the stove, it's manageable. I think the heat and humidity are also a bit more stressing on things like heart and blood pressure.

And that's why the "commune" is located on this side of the pond

I am glad that you are recovering from the sciatica. That is one of the worst ailments in my opinion because there's no way you can get comfortable. I hope the stiffness works itself out. Any further word on the numbness and tingling issues in your hands? So Romeo does not like to be brushed? He looks like a cat that needs regular brushing. Nina does not like to be brushed either. And she sheds enough that she needs it so she gets a few swipes every day whether she likes it or not. Hopefully he will decide wisely to use the scratching post. Ours like to dig up the rugs and Nina for some strange reason claws into DH's denim pant leg and hangs there while she plays with him. Silly cat I see that you have the men of the world treating you - I thought Chicago was a melting pot of all nationalities but it seems they have moved to your side of town. Glad the test results are good for the moment. I suppose you will have to deal with lots of pokes and prodding for the next 5 years. Are you on low dose chemo or done with treatments altogether? Hope you can squeeze in your painting before it heats up. That reminds me - we really SHOULD pick a color and get this house painted inside in the spring.

Ceejay - did you head back home or are you still at your sister's?

Susie -what did you think of the Hello Fresh meals? I hope yours didn't freeze too.

Laura - hope you got some rest this weekend to get over your cold. My sister said they were talking about the weather warming up to 48 degrees by you this week. That would be downright balmy but it also I think encourages more of the germy schmutz to fester.

Annie - you kicking back at home with the family?

Time to get off my arse and get something done. I have to read a book for book club discussion on Friday as well as manage a few tasks here. I guess it's also time to take down the Christmas decorations - so glad it only takes me an hour to do that!

Have a good rest to your day.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:51 PM   #30  

Okay 3rd time is suppose to be a charm. Let's see if this different keyboard will help.

Happy
I do think the kitten is trying to test me. Hope you find out the cause of your foot problems tomorrow.

Laura
Are you feeling better?

Shad
I agree that the kittens should be taught. Glad you are feeling better too. That sciatica can be painful.

Annie
What have you been up to this week end.?

-----------
Nothing new for me. Came home Friday just to get away from the animals and have some me time. Going back tomorrow about noon. We had rain this morning that should have been freezing but the temperature hovered above 32 degree's on my way to church this morning. The over pass looked like it was icing over but that was the only spot I saw. I did see one car that had run off the curve and had landed on it's side but the emergency crews were already there.
My heater at home hasn't been the best this winter. I'm thinking it is the thermostat. I changed the filter which was dirty.
Got my DNA test results back from Ancestry dot com which is really interesting.
I'm ready to go to bed and it's not even 7 p.m.