Old 11-16-2017, 08:55 AM   #136  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Got about 10 minutes before my 1x1 call with my boss. I am beginning to like him more and more, especially since he is physically located in Chicago.

I made Keto chili for dinner. It is delish. Sam had two bowls. C is having gut issues, yes he is eating the wrong things. He did not have chili. He ate ramen chicken noodles. We have enough leftover chili to feed and army or two. Guess it will be chili for dinner for the next couple of nights. Altho I got a whole rotisserie chicken for $3.89 last night. I will make chicken salad with it tonight. We love rotisserie chicken salad.

No personals today, I am just not feeling it. Head troubles.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:02 PM   #137  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning girls,

Hair is all freshly colored - it's amazing how dark the dark part is when she redoes it - but it fades fast, especially if I go in the hot tub which I wanted to last night but decided against. She didn't do much on the cut which disappointed me but I had to get out in a rush so it was more on me than her. My next appointment is December 20 so she said she'd spiff me up for the holidays - hah as if THAT could happen. I then met DH at the Senior Center for lunch - baked chicken, corn and the kitchen manager's best ever potato salad. It was deeeeee-licious. For dessert we were offered a piece of fresh fruit - apple or orange instead of the usual sugar bombs. It was interesting how many people passed on the fresh fruit. Today they are having their traditional Thanksgiving meal since they are closed next week for the holiday. Over 50 people are coming to lunch today and that's just at 1 site! They have 2 more to cook for also as well as all the meals on wheels sites. Those poor ladies are going to be dead on their feet tonight! I got home and had a message on the answering machine. I have an afternoon appointment with my regular doctor tomorrow that I forgot about. My left knee is acting up so I will probably take the cortisone shot now because I'm sure it will seize up as it gets more cold out. MRI this afternoon and then bingo tonight.

Annie - not being judgemental but you sure seem to have your hands full with C. He just does not want to accept that he's got to change his eating habits if he wants to feel better As you say, not up to you but still you have to deal with the fall out. Hope your one on one went well with the boss. Glad you are able to get along from a long distance - easy when people are mature and do what they are supposed to and the leader leads like they are supposed to. Ooops on the hole in the pants. I agree with Laura - I always kept a small sewing kit in my desk for emergencies too.

Ceejay - did you make soup? Hope all goes well for your sister - she has had her share of aggravation lately. Didn't she have some medical issue also? Are you playing the organ/piano more? Will you be doing a Christmas recital

Laura - do you find that when you wash your down coats they don't repel the water as well as before? I was laughing - this is the time of year when we all have black down coats and you have to do something to make your coat look different on the coat rack. Thank you for mentioning the 50 percent off at Lands End - I had wanted another pricey sweater and was waiting for 50 percent off. Also I use RetailMeNot for coupons and they have a new cash back offer with certain retailers. I got 50 percent off and another $20 cash back from RMN for spending just over $100. I shouldn't have bought the sweater but this year I am into cardigans

Poor DH just made 11 trips coming up the 8 deck stairs and then going up and down 14 basement stairs carrying 2 each boxes of the floor tile that he estimated weighed between 80 to 100 pounds. My knees hurt just watching him. I held the door open for him but wish I could have helped him more. He said it was pretty tiring but he powered through it. He just took his blood pressure and while his heart rate was up, his pressure was pretty low!

Time to get on with the day. I have the MRI at 2:30 and then bingo so not much free time to do other stuff today.

Have a good one chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:46 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning

Happy,
Yes, I did make the soup and I might add it hit the spot. Made cornbread to go with it. As far as I know sis doesn't have a medical issue. I've been practicing the piano when I can. and tying the organ. I did tell brother in law that I wanted to play during our Christmas Eve program. Sounds like your DH had a good work out. Will he be laying the tile?

Annie
I finally made up my mind that I didn't want to deal with the outcome of my bad eating. I've been trying to change and feel better for it. Maybe one day C. will. Glad you are liking your new boss.

Laura
I should probably wash my winter coats too and take some jackets to the cleaners. We will go to Paragould for the family get together. Not sure what I will take.

Hello to Susie and Shad.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #139  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

The MRI went ok yesterday. The tech said the radiologist had already gone so they probably won't read the scan until today or Monday. No real hurry since I won't see the doctor for 3 weeks. Someone else said with the Thanksgiving holiday next week people will be taking extended days off so don't count on much of anything getting done in the next week. I was hoping they would have read my scan so I could show it to my regular doctor whom I am seeing this afternoon. I think I am going to take a shot in the knee as it's starting to lock up. Tromping around in this boot doesn't help it either. I try to wear a higher shoe to compensate for the height difference but it's still off a bit. Even though I only had to got 2/3 into the MRI tube foot first, I still popped a Valium just in case. DH took me and I finished about 3:30 and it was silly for him to take me home for 30 minutes and then take me back to bingo so I just had him drop me off at the Senior Center. I was shooting the breeze with the cook and as it got closer to 4:30 one of the guys who comes in early to set up was not there yet. Sometimes he has tummy issues and can't make it in. So I started getting everything out and ready - we have to count bingo books and get all the raffle and other stuff out. Good thing I did because my partner breezed in late after 5pm announcing the other guy was not going to make it. I dreaded this because it meant I would be on my feet all night long running back and forth as it takes 3 people to actively run bingo - one to check the numbers on a winning card, the other to pay off the winner(s). When there are just 2 of us we are constantly on the move, you even have to gulp down your supper. It was a crazy busy night for sure, my foot was screaming by the end. It was a good thing I wore the immobilization boot, otherwise I would not have been able to walk at all by about 8pm.

I was supposed to go to book club this morning but I woke up around 4am with this new horrible pain in my other leg. It extended from the side of my foot ankle up to about mid calf. The pain woke me up and as I got more conscious I realized it was a charlie horse of mega proportions. Where did this come from??? I got up and slowly hobbled to the bathroom and tried stretching to pull it out. Got back in bed and it started all over again. So I didn't get a good sleep. DH said he too has a lot of pains this morning also. We have a cold front moving in which is giving us horrid weather - rain early this morning turning to a bit of icy rain/sleet for a while then back to rain then heavy fog is moving in. All of which I'm sure is bumping the aches and pains index up.

Ceejay - perhaps it was not a medical issue but instead something going on with insurance or something with your sister. My apologies. I thought there was something - her car perhaps that was giving her extra stress. Yes, hubby will be laying the new floor in the basement. I am glad he is very handy. That is very good that you have decided to make a change in your eating - now comes the holidays where we will really need the resolve. Although I have to admit that Christmas cookies don't really hold the appeal to me that they once did.

Hello to the rest of you. I guess I have about 15 minutes to get a quick thing or two done and then I have to cover the phones at the senior center for 3 hours and then head off to my doctor's appointment. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:59 AM   #140  

Morning

Happy
Sis is having to deal with the insurance company from the second fender bender. And like me she does not handle stress very well.

--------
Sis is working from home. They rescheduled her patients so she can get caught up on her charts. I'm getting the sheets washed so I can get nieces room ready for her. Sure hope and pray that they don't have any trouble as they travel today. They are planning on driving straight through. which is a 12-14 hour drive.
Need to flip the laundry and run the vacuum.
We will have an early Thanksgiving meal here in Branson tomorrow. Trying to save sis some hassle on getting things packed and ready to go to Ash Grove. Next week end we go to Paragould.

Last edited by ceejay52; 11-17-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:08 PM   #141  
Annie - Indiana

Ok well the nuclear stress test was a bust. It was neither positive nor negative in its findings. My intestine was too high by the lower half of my heart therefore veins were blocked from sight. Doc said that if I am not having symptoms of a heart attack that he will see in me April for my normal check up. Well big news doc....I had no symptoms before the first heart attack either. Wait and see game I suppose. So there is that. Big waste of $$ to be sure.

I am taking off Wednesday of next week to have a 5 day weekend. I just really dislike getting up in the mornings anymore. Not that I sleep in at all when I have the chance. 6 am is about it. I do have to make two pies, apple and peanut butter, greenbeans, homemade beef and noodles, homemade mac n cheese and a very small amount of sweet potatos to take to my bro and sil for TG. Going to make my noodles this weekend. Get that out of the way. Guess it will be grocery shopping weekend also. They are doing mashed potatos, ham, turkey, a couple of pies and I don't know what else.

Tomorrow Sam and I are going to the movie theater with my SIL to see Wonder with Julia Roberts. Looks to be a good movie but I bet a bit of a tear jerker. Just what I need. lol. Then Sam and I are going to get our holiday pedicures. haha. Not really holiday pedicures just that we are getting them at this time.

Geez HAPPY. Hope you get some relief soon in your foot. God love you.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Hugs.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:37 PM   #142  

Afternoon all. TGIF. Had enough of this place this week and look forward to a short workweek next week.

Ceejay – I hope your niece has a safe drive back there. == Does your sis stay in Branson during the week for work and then go to Ash Gr. on the weekends?

Annie – Are you still eating the chili? Do you ever portion leftovers into containers and freeze them? I’ll probably do that with the lentil soup I made. We gave some to bf’s mom and I’ve eaten it a couple times now, so I’m ready to freeze the rest. == I’m glad you like your boss, and it’s nice that he’s not located in your office. I’m sure email and phone are just fine most of the time – how often does he visit your office? == Too bad that awful stress test didn’t result in some helpful information, yes, a waste of money for sure. == Enjoy the movie! It didn't look like my cup of tea.

Happy – Glad the MRI went okay, but too bad you couldn't have it read in time for your doctor appointment today. == I hope your cortisone shot helps your knee and - if it’s the same leg as your bad foot – also helps your foot a bit. == I’m surprised you wouldn’t wear a bathing cap in the hot tub to save your hair color. Pool chemicals are so harsh. I really made the effort to rinse and then soak my swimsuit and water shoes right after each of my aqua classes this past summer and yet they still reeked. Of course it didn’t occur to me to look online for ways to neutralize the effects and odor until just now. A quick check tells me that adding vinegar helps. == I didn’t notice if the down coats are less water resistant after being washed. I really only wash them a few times per season anyway. As for a sea of black winter coats – I notice that a LOT during my commute and I must stand out because neither of my two down coats nor my lighter winter jacket are black. The old down coat is barn red and the other is a plum purple, and the jacket is a bright red. == I like cardigan sweaters, but I’m totally not into the ones that are popular right now because they don’t have any buttons, and many styles have funky hemlines that stick out of the bottom of shorter jackets. Bah humbug! -- I hope your dh isn’t sore today from hauling all that tile into the house!!

Hello Susie, hello Shad!

==
I received my LE order yesterday. The top looks nice, but we’ll see how it washes. The jeans are nice, but I guess I’m between sizes because the larger size I ordered is a bit roomy (and LE clothing seems to run large anyway). They’re a “high rise” style, which I thought I would be fine with because a lot of lower-waisted jeans just don’t work for me. But these are really high in the waist. And I ordered a longer inseam, so they’re a bit long. I don’t worry too much about that because the leg length seems to shorten after a few washes. So I’ll try these jeans on again this weekend to help me decide if I really want to keep them, or order a size down or even a different style. They do have a lot of stretch to them, so maybe I should take a chance on sizing down.

I missed the health lecture last night, which was about stress. I took my usual train and then I asked bf to pick me up from the train and he didn’t because he fell asleep. Sigh. I texted him a few times, but in hindsight a phone call would have been a better idea.

I’m disappointed that my friend D cancelled on our lunch plans tomorrow, but we talked today on the phone and she’s having bad lower back problems since last weekend. X-rays show she has arthritis and bone spurs. Very worrying.

As for this weekend…nothing much planned. Need to shop for the dishes I’m preparing for Thanksgiving. Need to get outside and empty the flower planters. And there's plenty to do indoors, including the never-ending laundry.

That’s about it for me, better get back to what they pay me for. Have a great weekend everyone!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:03 AM   #143  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Been a wet cool day here. Now I know most of you don't consider 24C or 78F cold but we feel it here especially since we have been having temps in the high 20s and early thirties, which to me is quite nice as long as the humidity doesn't creep in.

Haven't done much today. I was out in the garden early shifting things around and planting some new plants. Ruger the dog got in on the act and kindly removed all the plants from their pots for me and spread everything all over the yard. Good dog. I think he has entered the teenage years as he really doesn't want to obey me at the moment. You'd all have found it funny when we went for our walk on Friday. I had been throwing sticks for him (which he doesn't retrieve) and as we were in the bush and he was off lead he was chasing things every which way. Lots of smells etc. Anyway after the stick throwing we were wandering down the track and he took off at a fast clip. Next thing a kangaroo came bouncing out of the bush and the dog was doing his best to catch him - fat chance that. After that we threw a few more sticks and he decided he was hot and thirsty and set off at a steady pace toward the creek I don't like him going in. Our bush backs on to light manufacturing and I have a suspicion that some of the businesses might drain off some of their chemicals into the waterways. I called him back, not happening grandma, I yelled at him to wait and all he did was waggle his ears and keep on going. I start to run to try to catch up but he just increases his pace and then SPLAT and SPLASH. He is in the water. When I finally got him out, he was a very happy camper and stunk to high heaven. Home for a bath. He can just be so naughty at times.

Happy - so sorry to hear about this foot and your knee problems. My lovely neighbour is also in agony with the feet. Her doctor has prescribed orthotic shoes, but those cost so much money - she wouldn't be eating for a week or so and there is no guarantee they will work. Apparently hers is caused by scoliosis of the spine and fallen arches. I think it is dreadful that you didn't get results immediately after the MRI and that you might have to wait up to a week before you get them. We get ours handed to us before we leave the facility or if it is done in a hospital it immediately gets to my patient file on their computer.

Ceejay - I'm a bit confused. Is your niece going to stay with you when she comes home? Why are you packing stuff or is that for Thanksgiving dinner?

Annie - all that cooking. Still it's a bit like our Christmas brekkie with the family. Food everywhere. That nuclear stuff must be murder on the body. Shame it doesn't work too well. I hope that all is okay for you in the heart department.

Laura - Sounds funny, you work in one of the best companies and you can't wait to get out of it for a long weekend. Still I am a bit confused on who they (whoever they are) talk to to decide that a company is good or bad. And does that actually include how it treats its workers.
Pity you missed the health session on stress. It's one thing we really need to manage to stay healthy and lose weight, although Susie seems to be able to deal with plenty of stress and still lose weight.

Susie - on leave at the moment. Guess you are enjoying the wind down from the activity in the office. Hope you enjoy your time.

Not much else to report around here. I am due to go back to the Mater for my 6 month/ yearly checkup shortly. It was supposed to be 29th of this month but has been changed to the 6th December. I have the neurologist on 11th of December and hopefully he will have some answers for my bloody sore thumb and the pain in my left hand. I presume this has something to do with chemo because I never had anything like it before, but one would sort of think that the chemo is gone from the body after 6 months since the last dose. Still it's free, I can have lunch with my brother afterwards and it's a trip out of the house.

Our Christmas breakfast will be early this year since some people are going away for the actual event. I need to catch up with my niece to organise the event. My nephew has told me he and his wife are expecting their first baby in June so things to look forward to next year. I have some stuff here that I bought when little miss S was tiny so I will ask them if they want those and I have been looking for some things for it for when it is born. I put the impending arrival on the family tree with the date of 9th June 2018 and Ancestry.com spat the dummy about the date. However I have wrestled with it and made it accept the date. We are all still laughing about it. It's called Bub on the record with a question mark for the actual birth day. No wonder Ancestry didn't like it.

Okay, I have babbled enough. I should go see if my niece is online so I can set up a meeting for this breakfast or brunch or whatever. See ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:45 PM   #144  

Afternoon
I've been home from Branson for a couple of hours. Sure am glad. Sis got a rental car for the next couple of weeks.
Need to be doing laundry.
Getting excited about going to Paragould on Thanksgiving.
Niece is on her way home. Praying that they get here.
-------
Shad
I had to pack because I stayed with my sis in Branson last week as she needed to use my vehicle for work. I can visualize the dog making a path for the creek.

Laura
I've never liked to order clothing on line unless it's my favorite brand name, then I know it will fit. Ugh on he walk home from the train. Hope it wasn't to windy and cold.

Annie
Bummer on the test results. I've heard that those are very painful. Good for you in taking time to pamper yourself.

------
Think I'm going to let MCD do my cooking tonight.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:18 AM   #145  

Evening all.
Been painting all day. No dog because his dad was working night shift on Sunday night. So I ran around with the duster and sweeper to get rid of the fur balls he left behind on Saturday. Both he and the cat are moulting like mad. Clumps of fur everywhere, including getting onto my new paint. Grrrr.
I did get a quote on two cabinets today for the laundry. These are both kitchen pantries and will be used as the linen closet and the broom and vacuum cupboard. I'd like to get pull out shelves in the linen closet but the quote didn't allow for those. Guess I will have to think about it before I break the bank getting all the flashy bits. I still have to get the overhead cupboards and the sink unit so I don't want to spend it all on a couple of cabinets.

Not sure if we are about to get more rain tonight or not. It is good for the garden but the lawns grow fast and the weeds even faster. Still I have tomorrow planned to be a garden and weeding day. Ruger will be happy about that as he gets to be outside and able to play with his sticks and balls. He likes big sticks, some of which he has managed to whack me around the legs

Ceejay - How long does it take to drive to Paragould from where you are now? The Uncles will be pleased to see you I guess.

Better go get some dinner on. Looks like everyone is getting busy with the run up to Thanksgiving and Christmas. See you all later.

Last edited by Shad; 11-20-2017 at 03:20 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:21 AM   #146  

This site is behaving badly. I opened it in the usual fashion, and had to log in, which apparently was wrong because it kept coming up with errors. Shut it down and came back in and lo and behold, there I am already logged in. Then it didn't want me to post and the ad which was under Ceejays post is still there. Weird.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:27 AM   #147  
Annie - Indiana

Default Happy's Tires

Guess Happy is moonlighting on her volunteering! lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HAPPYs Tires.jpg (38.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 11-20-2017, 09:44 AM   #148  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Ladies of the World!

I pass Happy's Tires most every day on the way to work. I was at the stoplight right next to it so I couldn't resist. lol.

Saturday we went to see the movie Wonder. It is excellent. We loved it. Such a good one! It was funny, sad, serious, great story. and true too! Then grocery shopping for TG and home. Sunday was church, lunch and more shopping. Lunch was free at Olive Garden as it took over an hour to get our food so the manager came out and comped our meals. Whew whoo. If I had know that I would of drank iced tea instead of water. lol. Made my egg noodles and froze them for TG so that is out of the way.

SHADDIE...I would of peed my panties if a kangaroo jumped out while I was walking my dog. Literally. Sounds like you actually enjoy ODDU being with you. Who else you gonna boss around and they not listen too?

CEEG...I think you have fun while staying at your Sis's house but also glad to be home. What day are you heading to Paragould?

LAURA...we are still eating chili. No need to freeze it altho that is a great idea. Sam eats it for lunch and when I don't cook in the evening. She loves my chili. I like higher wasted jeans but not so high they come up to my booblets. Bout belly button high is just right for me. What dishes are you taking to TG?

HAPPY...glad the MRI went well, bummer on getting the results two weeks out. Did you get the cortisone shot? Is it helping. Praying for relief for you my friend.

SUSIE...must be enjoying your week off. BACK away from the work email!

Hello to all

Make it a great day/night.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:00 PM   #149  

Morning all.

Shad – Always an adventure when doggy is around! Rousting kangaroos, jumping in the creek. They always seem soooo happy when they’ve found something stinky to get into, LOL. And I do recall getting whacked with the long sticks Coal was fond of carrying around the yard. Ouch! == Apparently the determination of best workplaces was based on employee surveys, though I don’t know how the newspaper gets the data with the assurance that the results haven’t been manipulated to show a great result – they must require direct access to the responses via the survey company? Anyway, I like my workplace just fine…except for our department’s boss. I don’t bother whining about the dynamics of our department and its leader in those surveys because I don’t believe the responses are as anonymous as I would hope. == Yeh, I would have liked to have gotten to the lecture about stress. I’ve always found exercise to be a fantastic stress reliever for me, but it would be interesting to learn more. == I hope the docs can relieve the issues with the thumb and hand. == Congrats to your nephew re the baby to come. What’s the hurry to log the baby into Ancestry? == Love those pull-out shelves. We have them in the kitchen, but not in our linen cabinet. I make do with putting things in boxes and bins and pulling those out.

Ceejay – When do you leave for Paragould? Wishing you safe travels and a wonderful holiday with the uncles and your other relatives. ==Has the niece arrived from MD yet?

Annie – LOL re Happy’s Tires. == Glad you liked the movie. I hear the book is good. Maybe I’ll read that one. == Wow, an hour’s wait for lunch?!! Crazy. Are you sure they weren’t giving the meals away to begin with? == Good you have your TG shopping done. I have my shopping list done, haha. == We're making mashed sweet potatoes and a from-scratch green bean casserole. And bf might be making stuffing, since I don’t think my SIL is making that.

Happy – Hope the foot is feeling better and that the shot is helping your knee.

Susie – Enjoy your time off!

==
On Saturday I returned my jeans to the Lands’ End outlet store. I ordered the smaller size. Didn’t see anything in the store I wanted, so I left empty-handed. Same for the Eddie Bauer outlet store across the street. Guess I wasn’t in the mood for any fleece, flannel or down, LOL. Though I’d love to be able to wear that kind of clothing all the time, including at work. Oh, question – does anyone wear down vests? I’ve never understood the popularity – don’t one’s arms get cold??

After that, I was pretty close to the bagel/bialy bakery, so I bought a couple dozen mini bialy. At home, I wrapped them individually in plastic and put them in a couple plastic bags and put them in the freezer. Yum.

Later in the afternoon, I helped bf fish wire through the drop ceiling in our basement. We don’t get good wifi speed for watching streaming video tv/movies through our dvd player or amazon firestick, so he’s been wanting to hardwire the internet connection for some time. The speed is better now, but still not great. BF said we could get a better gateway from the cable company, but it would exclude capability for a home phone - landline. Our cable company is trying to eliminate that service since so many people have already dropped their landline phones. So another question – have you dropped your landline and if so, how’s it going? I don’t get many calls at home, so I’m not that worried about it, except for my old cell phone (Samsung Galaxy s4) conking out and leaving me with no phone. And I don’t want to think of updating my contact info all over the place to remove the home phone number. Probably not important because I think they all have my cell phone number by now.

Anyway, that wiring project was a PITA because of all the dust and bits of those ceiling panels coming down when we were shifting them. Inhaled a fair amount of that, cough cough. And even wearing glasses I got some in my eyes. Bleh. I wonder if it would have been easier going through the attic with that cable…

On Sunday I helped bf with another project in the basement – converting fluorescent light fixtures to LED. We had two fixtures in which the ballast and/or bulbs were out, so we’ve converted those, and we’ll convert the others as they “go”. Of course, nothing is consistent in our house and of course that applies to the way the fixtures were mounted into the ceiling. The first one bf did the day before was easy. But the second one - nope. And then a tiny (but critical) piece of the fixture went flying in the dark (power was off during this project), so we were looking for that for a while. Sigh. But we did finally find it.

I made a small batch of steel cut oats yesterday to have for breakfast this week, but didn’t do any cooking otherwise. And we didn’t do our TG shopping because of the light fixture project taking much longer than we planned. I’ll try to do that tonight.

That’s about it for me. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:20 PM   #150  
Choose your hard

Hi ladies,

Yes, this site is acting stupid today. I suspect it has to do with timing your login out way too quickly and then when you try to log back in again, some glitch in the login prevents you from posting. It's aggravating and no one seems to admit there is a problem

I do like Happy's Tires. Lordy I don't need another thing to distract me although the extra money would be nice. How can you not smile when you see a sign like that

Those of you working should be happy - short work week this week.

Still have not gotten the results of my MRI yet. I suspect they will sit on it and I won't hear until next week if even then. Got the cortisone shot in the knee on Friday. It has not done anything for my foot so far but it does take about 2 weeks to work through the system and start to give relief. I did however notice that my typical morning arthritis all over pain is diminished somewhat so that's good. My foot if I don't wear the boot does burn and hurt so I am afraid that the tendon is torn. Which means surgery I think. Don't want that. Not at this time of year.

We went to the casino yesterday. I played for 3 hours on the casino's money and walked out $30 ahead. We saw a friend there - he won $4,000 (he spends A LOT of money there - it's his only "hobby") he bought us dinner which was nice. Saturday DH took me to the grocery store - I stocked up for Thanksgiving dinner except for the turkey. They are giving free turkeys based on points on dollars spent between October 4 and Thanksgiving. I had enough points but my register receipt does not show that. I had to go get my receipt from 11/3's grocery purchase. When you buy groceries they use your telephone number as your ID. I guess the checker put the wrong phone number in (they just enter a number and don't verify your name or anything) and my $300 purchase got credited to someone else's account! I don't necessarily want an entire turkey but I guess I can debone the thing and save turkey and gravy in the freezer for later meals. I will take both receipts back to the store today. Have to go into town to drop off some mail anyway.

I have a quiet week this week - covering the phones at the Senior Center on Wednesday afternoon and avoiding working at the Thrift Shop unless I absolutely have to fill in for someone I'll be glad to be home. I really don't feel like decorating for Christmas. It always comes too early and I'm never in the mood for it any more. EVERYONE here is already decorated - just seems like they are pushing it.

Annie - I did want to see the movie Wonder also. It looked like a great story. Probably not something that DH would want to go see. Thank you for your prayers. Hoping you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with the family. I am jonesing on your egg noodles. Noodle envy

Shad - I loved your story about the dog and the kangaroo. Kinda like us finding a bear out here. In my laundry/mud room they put up some cabinets - one is a broom closet of sorts, the other has the pull out shelves in it which are very, very handy. I sort of wish both closets were like that - I could make better use of 2 sets of drawers than the one long closet. That has to be soooo frustrating getting animal hair in the paint. Bad enough to sweep it but once it attaches to wet paint, there's no getting it out. Some things don't need extra texture! I have had custom orthotics twice before - didn't believe they did me all that much good - particularly not for the $600 they cost. I would invest in a sturdy pair of supportive shoes though and some good arch supports. I hope your neighbor gets relief but with scoliosis she is no doubt already putting pressure on the spine in ways that will mess up everything else.

Ceejay - safe travels and enjoy your Thanksgiving. I'm sure the uncles will be thrilled to see you again.

Laura - the cardigans I have all have buttons but I don't really wear them buttoned up anyway. I thought that Landsend ran a bit big in sizing, thanks for verifying that. I do have a swim cap but it's a pain to get on and no matter what, the nape of my neck always gets wet and that's the part that gets wet in the hot tub anyway - I can sit in the seats and keep the better part of my head dry but thanks for the suggestion. I feel for your friend D as I also have big problems with the arthrtis and bone spurs. Interestingly enough, they recommend foot stretch exercises for the bone spurs as well as supportive, cushioning shoes. I do think the exercises did help for me. As for the arthritis, a big key is avoiding inflammation which means dietary changes and of course weight control :P Sorry you missed your ride - DH likes to text but often misses hearing the phone unless I tell him I will text, then he tries to listen for it. Otherwise I prefer calling.

Hi Susie - hope you are enjoying your week off.

I guess it's time to get dressed and get out of here. I need to get my Mom's TG cards mailed before 2pm today or they won't get there in time.

Hope you are all enjoying your day.