Old 04-21-2017, 06:01 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Put chicken in the oven to bake. Trying out a Taste of Home recipe. Nephew is going to a couple of meetings then out to visit with his little boys. My nephew told me in the early part of the week that the neighbor invited us to a cook out. I'm banking on it being to wet. Cause he's gone and I told him that I didn't care to talk over the fence but I really don't want to associate with any one. And my nephew doesn't need to be in his presence. He said can's were all in the shed.

Happy
You sound happiest while doing Bingo. Why don't you drop everything else but that. Loved the picture of the baby rabbit. They are so cute.

Annie
Don't think you would need to hold up a sign with my name on it. However, I'm not sure which direction we are going. Told my nephew that you called him a cutie. He's been a blessing to me. I was concerned at first but I very seldom see him.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:05 AM   #77  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

It's supposed to be a gorgeous sunny day today. There is a Women's Expo today at the local school. I looked at the vendors and there is nothing of real interest to me so I think I will skip it. Tomorrow I am going to the matinee of The Wizard of Oz. A local production company is doing a live performance - should be fun although the weather is supposed to be cold and rainy. Just as long as it doesn't snow. Spring weather here can be unpredictable.

Laura - I hope you have a great vacation and that you got off to a good start - all packed, no issues travelling and warm sunny days all the while you are out there.

Anne - I'm sure you will be super busy doing all sorts of work around the house. Take a minute to enjoy yourself and have a nice celebration dinner with C this weekend.

Ceejay - how did the recipe turn out? I have good luck with Taste of Home stuff - always tasty. Yes I love bingo the best and while the other stuff can be very annoying I always go back to what Laura said once "try to put aside the people aggrivation and remember the reason you are doing this for in the first place - the animals". And yes, they need my help so I try to avoid what bugs me.

Shad - hope you are muddling through the after effects of the chemo and are not feeling too achey or itchy. Take it easy this weekend - it's all behind you now and I'm sure the hair will start growing again in a few weeks. What did you decide to do for your pictures? Can you take them now and replace them later or will you have to pay fees all over again?

Susie - time to check in again. I'm sure you've had a crazy busy week.

Hello to Dee and Ellen.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:02 PM   #78  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Ladies,

I am so glad it is the weekend but it seem s as busy as the week has been.

I did get my hair cut and colored today. Nothing new...but it all looks fresh. I'm going out to dinner and a movie with my best friend, Genny, to celebrate her birthday.

It's so cold here in Ohio and we are a bit bummed it isn't nice warm weather so we could wear cute dresses and new sandals.

I had a small loss at TOPS this week, only 1/2 pound loss but I was ok with it as I was worried I wouldn't lose anything because of the 8 lb loss the week before.

This week I want a 1 to 2 lb loss.

Shad: I am thrilled that the last chemo is over, you can now get through the side affects and then on to better things! I think that losing my hair would be very upsetting to me and i feel badly that you had to go through it. I hope it grows back in quickly. Don't be surprised if it is really curly. My sister-in-laws was for about 5 years and then it went back to being straight.

Annie: You are doing well with AA and are a blessing to others!

Laura: Have a great time on your vacation. I can't wait to hear all about it. I want to go to the Keys someday!

Ceejay: You nephew is a cutie for sure! I'm glad you have him around for now. It is nice he gets to spend time with you and you with him.

Happy: I think you are busier than I am! I agree with Ceejay, Bingo makes you happy....maybe just stick with that.

Hi Ellen! Hi Dee.

I need to go get my makeup on and change my clothes as my friend will be here in about an hour.

I'll check back and say more tomorrow. I have missed you all!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:22 PM   #79  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hi,
I am still here although today is a bit of a struggle. So much to do and so much aching and pain which is not letting me do anything much at all. Still I will get over it I guess.

Just thought I would let you all know I am alive and finished with chemo. My hands, butt, knees and ankles are aching really bad today. So not much typing going on.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:11 PM   #80  
Choose your hard

Shad - do not worry about all those little things that "need" to get done. There is plenty of time for that. Right now you need rest and recovery. And that is all that matters. I am very happy that you are both alive and done with chemo. Now, just take it easy and soon you will be back on your feet again. Happy early birthday in case you are randomly checking in. oooo I think this one we will make a quiet affair as you are probably not up to much frivolity. Take care of yourself - or rather let the DS & partner dote on you a bit. Neighbors too.

Susie - I was looking online at shoes - saw many cute flowery pairs of print flats that are totally impractical up here. But perfect for work clothes so have fun shopping. What movie did you go and see? Was it good?

Today I met my friend at the matinee of the live theater presentation of The Wizard of Oz. About 40 local people of all ages. It was wonderful. They didn't do much in the way of props - hardly anything at all but the acting and singing were marvelous. They had a hearty trouper of a dog playing Toto. It was a bit bigger than the Yorkie original dog but was very tolerable of being toted all across the stage here and there. It was really nice - they did a wonderful job. Tiny children played the Munchkins - one in particular was jumping to and fro - I can see she is "full of energy" to spare. One of our volunteers played Miss Gulch/Wicked Witch of the West. She much have channeled Margaret Hamilton (the original in the film) as she had a dead on impression - voice and all. I told my friend that our volunteers make good evil people one of them played the evil stepmother in the Senior Center's skit of Cinderella at the fashion show and now Nancy was a most excellent witch and cranky neighbor lady. I had put a prime rib roast on to bake with baked potatoes when I left and had DH watch over it. It was ready when I got home so was nice I didn't have to fuss with dinner. It's cold outside - spring is not quite ready to come to town yet. This morning was rain and at times it was also a wet snow but thank goodness did not stick.

Just figured I'd do a quick check in. DH's foot was hurting him so he's in bed reading. I have a form to recreate and update for bingo. Think I'll work on that now as there is nothing on tv tonight.

Enjoy your evening ladies.

Last edited by happy2bme; 04-23-2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:59 AM   #81  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Monday Morning....

Oh what a beautiful, lovely morning. Sun shining, warm temps and one street light went off on the way to work, all the while I was saying the Lord's prayer. So grateful and blessed. Amen. This week on Wednesday the 27th will be 7 years that momma passed. Seems like yesterday. I miss her more and more each day but FINALLY I think I am in a good place with it in my heart, mind and emotions. Yes sad, but not crying about it. Bout time, only took 7 years. My momma's first name is Rita. She had a lot of quirky little things she used to say, innocently. For example, the movie "Romancing the Stone" she call it "Loving the Rock". So now when Sam and I say things a little off quilter, we say it is a "Rita-ism". I get it naturally, my first name is Rita. Go figure!.

Friday after work I did my banking on the way home then stopped by Jenn's. A gal from my noon meetings. The one having the ovarian cysts issues. I took her 3 matching throw rugs and a long door mirror that we no longer used. She is renting a room, since she and her bf broke up, in a not so good area. The room is ok. The entire house needs work, paint, a couple of small holes in the the wall patched, but it is hers. I felt kind of sad about it but she seems happy. Makes me even more grateful and blessed. Then Sis and I went to the movies. We saw Going in Style. Very, very cute movie and we liked it. Michael Kaine, Alan Arkin, Ann Margret, Morgan Freeman. Lifelong buddies Willie (Morgan Freeman), Joe (Michael Caine) and Albert (Alan Arkin) decide to buck retirement and step off the straight-and-narrow when their pension funds become a corporate casualty. Desperate to pay the bills and come through for their loved ones, the three men risk it all by embarking on a daring adventure to knock off the very bank that absconded with their money.

Saturday was meeting. I chaired the meeting this week. Just a small way of giving back, service. Then home to pick up Sam. Chris had the boys this weekend. We did errands, had lunch came home and did chores. Saturday night was no gbabes, Sam went over to a gfs house and C and I snuggled in bed and watched something. Sunday, C surprised us with going to church with Sam and I. It was about "Doubting the Bible". Great service. Many of the prophecies have been proven that are in the bible to confirm it is a true bible. Artifacts found years and years later that were mentioned in the bible. It is more detailed than that, but who could not believe it? IMO C went on to work from there, Sis and I did a few errands and came home to work in the yard. I got the yard weeded and fed, Sam swept out our car from vacation snacks, sand and trash. Kind of sad to let the sand go. lol. The boys came home early as Chris had a BB game. They chalked up the driveway and the cement porch in the back. All and all it was a very nice weekend.

C and I didn't make it out to dinner for our anniversary. We will do it at a later date.

WI was great. Down 1.4 this week, slow but sure wins the race?? Total 17.4. I miscalculated earlier and thought I was at 18.4 loss. Not. Guess I will have to lose that imaginary lb again. haha. I am 5.8 from the high end of my weight class and first goal. I think I am going to keep going tho to get a little further down.

LAURA... Have a marvelous time on vacation. Show off that pretty pedi.

HAPPY...Bingo sounds like your little happy place. You seem more positive about that than anything else you do to volunteer. 900 bucks would be worth my drive to play. Hmmm, watermelon soup. Is it a cold soup I presume? Never really heard of it. I had to laugh at the CEEG sign at the gas station. I think if I were to hold a sign up anywhere it would say, Need money for bills, anything helps, God Bless. Yes DS called and wants Sam and I to think of something we want to do for Mother's Day. How sweet. We keep trying to come up with something besides going out to eat but no luck. Beach? lol.

CEEG...do ask your sis what route you are taking and if you will be going through Indy.

SHADDIE...hope you are feeling better and have an enjoyable birthday this week.

SUSIE...you are killing this way of eating. Congrats to you on the loss. Yeah any loss after 8 lbs is amazing. Warm weather for both of us today.

Make it a great day all. Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:41 AM   #82  
Choose your hard

Well we can't let Annie be the only one posting today. I think I can just sneak in before the clock strikes 12. It was a beautiful sunny day here too but very gusty winds. I had a conference call today about the shelter. Then I talked to my sister for quite a while. We are strategizing - Mom needs a tooth extracted - she things this will be a piece of cake, we do not because of her medical challenges. So we are trying to prepare for it. I am hoping all the burden will not fall on my sister.

I did get back on the NuStep today. Did 50 minutes but I may have pushed it a bit too much. I want to increase my efforts but sometimes the music is good and I say just 5 minutes more. And then I get off and say - oops - should have stopped 10 minutes ago.

I have lost like maybe a pound since I started the diet pills last Monday. Increase to twice a day today. I think they are helping somewhat. I find that I am not craving Coca Cola as much as I was - I am happy making substitutes - mostly hot and iced tea at this point. I have a Limoncello (lemon) fragrance plugin in my bathroom that DH says smells really nice and reminds him of lemon cake. So I looked up Limoncello (Italian Lemon Liquer) recipes. Made some chicken thighs today dredged in a bit of flour with salt and pepper. Fried them with some flavored olive oil and a bit of butter. Got a nice golden crust on them and took them out of the pan. Added 3/4 cup low sodium chicken stock, 1/3 cup Limoncello liquer and some of the left over seasoned flour and cooked to thicken it. Added some fresh squeezed lemon juice and fresh lemon slices and fresh cut basil and parley to finish. Served with white rice and a nice salad of spring greens with a thinly sliced cucumber and honey lemon salad dressing I picked up a couple of weeks back at a cheese store. I was just waiting for the right pairing for the lemon dressing. It also goes well with arugula (rocket to Shad). It came out really tasty - especially the sauce and was very easy to make. I had 2 small chicken thighs - DH had the remaining 5. I wanted to eat an extra piece of meat - it was so good but I didn't. I was surprised he ate as much as he did but he only had oatmeal in the morning and just some cheese for lunch so I guess he was hungry. He hurt his foot - bruised the heel I think. Was in alot of pain last night and also this morning. I had him ice the bottom of his foot and he said it brought him great relief. Said nothing ever worked that quickly for him. I said consider it a small miracle as we mostly just deal with the aches and pains.

Was 62 degrees today and we are supposed to get snow later this week. Some models show almost 5 inches. I sure hope not. But the weatherman said they are new models and he doesn't think it will play out that badly either.

Sorry to skip personals. I am waiting for the hot tub to "air out" and I want to get a quick soak in and then off to bed. I have to stop at the senior center before I head into the shop for my afternoon shift. I will try and post personals in the morning when I'm having coffee. Good night everyone.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:21 AM   #83  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning, my days are unpredictable. My health has been so stressful that I can't fall asleep until almost midnight & Dh has been very patient with me. I'm trying not to be emotional with these daily multiple numbing episodes that have spread through my face, lasting 2-10 minutes long. My appt. with the neurologist was a bummer because I didn't get to see him. Instead I was evaluated by his nurse practitioner & she was inadequate to say the least during my appt. She did order me a brain MRI with contrast dye for May 2 which I found out is dangerous, & then I see the neurologist the following Monday. I'm calling my own doctor today to have her refer me to a 2nd neurologist to confirm the MRI diagnosis.
Last week I got good news & bad from the G.I. doctor. NO colon resection if I continue keeping my colon opening open by eating more fiber, preferably softly cooked veggies to digest easier & drinking 10 cups of water daily. The bad news is the hernia below my stomach is bigger & will eventually need surgery. Hopefully not until I have 4-6 months of good health again Thank You with aLL my ❤ for your prayers, I really-really need them for Healing, Peace & emotional + physical Strength. I need you'all more than you know, I hope you won't forget about me, when I'm too weak to post. I want to kneel before Jesus & ask Him for His Healing Grace, to be here longer with good health to nurture my family, to look into His compassionate eyes & Be Healed... I wish that was possible.

I wish that we were all with Laura on her cruise this week What a fun memory that would bring us all.

Laura, we can't wait to see some pics of your cruising adventures. The pic of you on Fitbit in your sun-hat is sooo cute. Thank you, for the 'hello's' that you say to me on Fitbit, they make me smile

Annie, What's this about you doing a diet called Keto? Is it a national, regional, local, or personal plan? Your food menus sound yummy I get it about your feelings about missing your mom because my daddy memories continue to warm my heart. I was 11 yrs when he died, I was the youngster of 5 & a daddy's girl. He had a heart attack & died while we watched a Yogi Bear cartoon together on a January Saturday morning...

Happy, You're still the busiest retired girl I know Your doing a diet also??? It's because we live in the north & store our fat like bears I guess I was at the normal recommended weight for my height, but the stress I'm going through is making me nauseous & I'm losing 1-2# a week. Dh worked 10 hrs yesterday & drove 10 miles out-of his way home to bring KFC chicken dinners for us, to tempt me to eat a meal. I ate almost half. Yesterday I ate a apple, half a stalk of steamed broccoli & half a bowl of walnut/raisin oatmeal & was full. I couldn't hurt Ron's feelings for the KFC so I ate a biscuit, some mashed potatoes & cut-off a bite of crispy chicken breast.

Ceeg, Where are you? Have a great time traveling Retirement is really agreeing with you I remember when you were struggling about getting it done right & it looks like all your plans/dreams are coming true for you, you deserve thes wonderful retirement years & sharing time with your family too. Remember to save some time for romance, you never know when Prince Charming will come into your life

Shaddie, Gosh when i read about you going through chemo I cried then I got down on my knees & prayed for you. I also told God that 'you' are our national treasure from Australia & 'Joy' to us here I'm sooo Happy your chemo is finished. Got any plans for a new garden?

Susie, We loved Beauty & the Beast also. I love that your losing those extra pounds & I'm very proud of your Fitbit steps that you've been doing. Did John retire as he had planned? If he did I hope that your marriage is going awesome. Girls night out sounded wonderful with Genny. I have several pairs of cute Vionic sandals that I bought on QVC, they have a orthopaedic footbed. I wish we could've did our 5k walk we spoke about a few years ago, I hope your knees are getting better because you're getting lighter every week

Hi Ellen My name is Dee/Sandee & I joined this thread about 3 years ago & these girls are simply the best sisters anyone could ever want

With Love & Blessings to everyone here.

Last edited by miniDoodles; 04-25-2017 at 07:29 AM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:04 AM   #84  
Annie - Indiana

Good Tuesday Morning...

Last evening was left over chicken from the crocker the day before. Made chicken quesadillas for C. Sam and I ate salads with the meat on. Really good. Lettuce, tomato, cheese, chicken, salsa, sour cream, and guac or and a bit of pica. Very filling and quite tasty. Sam cleaned up the kitchen. Ahhhh. Restful evening and asleep by 9. Watched a bit of the VOICE but couldn't stay awake any longer.

Sam has started doing Keto way of eating also. Well half a$$ing it. Slips up every so often but doing better than I thought she would. She lost 4.2 lbs on her first WI. I am proud of her for doing that much, even if she doesn't stick with it all the time. About once a week she gets fries or something, but hey not bad. The longer I stick with Keto, the easier it gets. So far....yes, so far...no slip ups. And no POPCORN. OMGosh I didn't think I would overcome that but I have. Do I still want some, yes every now and then, do I crave it? Absolutely NOT. Yeah!

C sold 4 stops off of his route to another route man. The route man he sold to lost a couple of Marsh stores (grocery) that closed down. So he needed some money makers to build his route back up. Actually this was just the opportunity C was waiting for. This should ease up a bit of our finances and Cs time. Not a lot but a bit. He may gain a Kroger stop in the end because of a new Kroger that is opening in his route area, which is about 3 miles from our house. He would like to get it as Kroger's (grocery stores-SHAD) make great $$ for him. Blessed!

Jacob is all registered for kindergarten. Doesn't seem possible. His "graduation" from pre-K is May 8th. He actually will wear a cap, gown and sash. Can hardly wait as I am sure this will be cute as can be. J is a bit confused that he will not be going back to the same school when kindergarten starts. Thankfully the little girl two doors down from us, Miah, will be starting also. Sam is becoming fast friends with the parents. Even goes down there and visits when she sees them sitting out in their garage. They are about 5 years older than Sam but the connection is there. Good for her she needs to get out of the house. She usually doesn't go down there until the boys are down for bed at night. Both of the neighbors girls, Miah and Ava (8 yrs old) played in the driveway with the boys on Sunday while we were working in the yard. They "chalked up" the driveway and sidewalk. J drawing heros the girls butterflies and and flowers. Royce just plain scribbling and saying it was this or that. lol.

HAPPY...1 lb lost is not a gain. Good for you! Take out 4 sticks of butter and see what that lb would look like on you. Yuk. If you are not craving coke as much then the pills are well worth it. I know how much you love it, probably as much as I love popcorn. Yeek. Chicken recipe sounds wonderful. Not Keto enough for me, but sounds yummy. Our high is 78 today. Too bad I am in the office. Planning on going outside for a lunch walk.

Make it a great day/night all. Hugs
Old 04-25-2017, 08:49 AM   #85  

Height: 5'5"

Quick Hello this morning! Hubby and I just got back from a long weekend in California. This was the first time we have traveled and left the kids 90% on their own! My dad and brother popped in on them a time or two, but otherwise they were left to their own devices! We flew back yesterday and took them all to dinner...they must have missed us because they were all very chatty and engaged with dinner.

We are back to work today I am trying to catch up on everyone's posts. Luv and hugs Chicks!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:08 AM   #86  

Morning
Kind of busy since m nephew has been living with me. But it's working out great. He came in Sunday evening after spending the day with his boys. He was playing with them on the floor and the oldest who is almost 5 and one that weigh 40 pounds jumped off the couch and landed feet first on his back. He was in agony with pain. We thought he had a broken rib and of course refused to go to urgent care. Monday morning he relented and let me take him to urgent care. They made an x ray and it showed that he had bruised ribs and pulled muscles. The doctor said some of the worst that he's seen. They gave him muscle relaxers and by the end of the day he felt human again. He went to work yesterday but they sent him home.
I mowed part of the yard yesterday and was going to finish today but my nephew felt so much be he finished it. I found a hole in the back yard and asked him what it was. I have a mole and was thinking that was what it was but he said no it was a snaked hole. He said probably the one he killed last week. I hope so. He's been want to grill so I purchased a small charcoal grill, he put it together and he grilled steaks last night. Yummy.
Going to post this as the dryer has gone off I'll be back later.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:22 AM   #87  
Choose your hard

Wishing you a very happy birthday Shad

I know you might not be feeling very festive but I hope that you can at least enjoy it a little bit. We are all sending good wishes and hugs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture - Happy Birthday Shad.JPG (31.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-25-2017, 11:45 AM   #88  
Choose your hard

Morning girls,

Quick post for me as I have to get ready shortly. DH and I are having lunch at the senior center then I am headed off to my shift at the shop. We were supposed to have nasty weather coming in (cold, rain and even snow and sleet). DH says to me - did you see the weather? It's supposed to be mild, sunny and WARM!!!! what happened to the precipitation? Then he looked at the web page and the ding a ling was looking at a different CITY - where it will be warm and sunny. Still predicting rain and cold here.

I did 50 minutes on the NuStep last night. That was probably not the best idea. I didn't feel bad sitting in it other than my butt was getting numb. But once I got out of the chair I knew immediately that I had stressed the knees too much. I am hurting today - silly girl. I need to work up a routine and do it more frequently. The extra weight is coming off also as I get back into a rhythm again.

Shad - again, happy birthday to you although with the time difference I should have probably posted this yesterday. I hope you are not too sick with the effects of the last chemo treatment. If nothing more, rejoice that is over and save the celebrating for another day soon. Just know we are thinking of you today

Annie - you probably could do the recipe keto - can you use almond flour? it's just a tiny bit to dredge and give the chicken a bit of a crisp. Also instead of the limoncello you could use straight up lemon juice (really tart) or maybe even some sugar free lemonade made up with water. I calculated the calories in MFP and it wasn't too bad. I can't believe J is starting school. They grow up so fast. For some reason J & R remind me of the royal boys (Prince Harry and Prince William). Good that Sam made some school mom friends - that is helpful. Also good to hear that C sold part of his route. I hope that gives him a bit of a break as he sounds very overworked. When a new store opens in the area is it up to him to go and get the business himself? Or does the company help? I'm thinking he's his own man.

Dee - my oh my you certainly have been having your share of medical woes. Sending you prayers and blessings that you find some relief. I think one has to fight alot harder to get some medical help now a days. Keep your spirits up.

Ceejay - your nephew may very well be right with the snake hole. When you have moles / voles - we had them in Tennessee - the ground is very "spongy" feeling because they are tunnelling under the grass and destroying the root system on the lawn. You will also see holes but the uneven spongy part is a big clue. It's great that he is there - sounds like he's been a big help. Although what an accident with the kids! I hope he is feeling better - bruised ribs take a while to heal I hear.

Hello to the rest of the chicks

Hope you are enjoying your vacation Laura - I got your card yesterday - thank you and I LOVED IT - it was absolutely perfect for me

ta ta ladies - I'm off to hit the shower although I won't spend too much time getting pretty as the rain clouds are moving in already.

Enjoy your day.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:28 PM   #89  

Happy belated birthdays to Shad and Happy.

Happy
You are like me and over do on the exercising bit. I've been pacing myself at 20 to 30 minutes a day. Yesterday when I mowed the fit bit showed 54 minutes but I took things in sections. Your lemon chicken sounds good. I'm getting to cook more with the nephew here. And I'm learning more new recipes. I agree that a pound lost is good.
I'm happy if I don't gain.

Annie
Good for you in chairing the meeting last Saturday. I've been listening to some IPod meeting on line. They are very good. Now you have a partner in the Keto diet and good that she has lost some weight also.

Ellen
I would like to go back to CA to visit with my niece and her family. Good that you had a chance to get away with just your DH and yourself for a change.

Dee
Feel better soon. Saying an extra prayer for you today.

The second load of clothes in the dryer is done. Need to hang them up and go to Super Walmart.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:51 PM   #90  
Annie - Indiana

happy birthday shaddie!!