Old 04-06-2017, 06:56 PM   #16  

Good Afternoon! We have had sunshine all day today! Yay! I braved WM this morning and did a couple other errands. Bob is at practice for singing on Easter Sunday. It's not his regular practice day and he almost forgot. I couldn't get the gift shop bank statement to balance so spent a lot of the afternoon going back through last month's statement and double checking the current one. I found my stupid mistake so now have it filed away for another month. I try to remember to not have any other distractions going on and to take my time; every once in awhile there is a glitch and my patience is nil.

"Gma," it is so aggravating to lose a post! I'm glad your clothes fit and you like them! You will be a slick chick on the ship! I don't think I would like having to wear a bracelet on the ship. I wear my watch all the time and sometimes a bracelet on the other arm. I didn't have trouble keeping track of my key card, in fact I hardly used it because Bob and I were usually together and he used his. We have flowers coming up and weatherman said to cover them tonight. It is supposed to get down in the 20s! Doesn't your family doctor just forward your information so you wouldn't have to fill out paperwork? Maybe because we are small town but the nurse made my appointment with me standing right there, then the surgeon's nurse called the pharmacy for the prep stuff; all I had to so was show up. Do you have a date yet? A good thing to have done and over with!

Susan, I'm so glad to see you today! Are you home and staying downstairs? I'll bet Casper was glad to see you if you are home. Four hours of pt makes me tired to just think about it. I'm sure you are in better shape because you have been so faithful about exercising. How often do you have pt? I've been thinking about you and happy you could check in.

Bob will be home soon so I need to think about something for supper. Hope you all enjoy a nice evening!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:46 AM   #17  

Good morning to you two. I am hoping for some nice sun today and maybe some warmth.

I am going to tackle the downstairs today and I have a load of laundry in the washer. I did up all the new clothing yesterday so they are good to go. I forgot to get my toenails done yesterday for Easter brunch so will go next week I guess. I wish I could do a pedicure but it is too hard with my bum knee.

I have to work on a menu and grocery list for the weekend and Jack is going to put the gastro dr in gps and we are going to do a trial run so I know where it is next month.

I bought this incline pillow that will come today. When we travel I have to sleep in a chair or on the sofabed in hotels and on the ship so I bought this to try and see how it would do keeping me propped up in bed. It may or may not work but it's worth a try. I also have a remote for the downstairs ac unit coming on Monday as I can't find the original one and a couple small handbags for the cruise. I will decide which one is better when they get here. I never carry small handbags so don't know what will fit in one.

Jean: My bmi is too high so I have to go in May 5 to discuss whatever with the doctor. I will then get an appointment for the procedure. I cannot drink that garbage they give you through the pharmacy as it makes me gag so will do what they told Jack to do when he had his done; Miralax and Gatorade. Can you buy sugar free gatorade? If not I'll just drink it in water. I will be glade when it's over. I am sick of having to have procedures done all the time. When we are in the dining room or buffet on the ship we both have to have our cards as we have drink packages and our cards each have a little Coke logo to show we pd for a drink package. Otherwise, they give us these cups that have a chip in the bottom and you sit them on the machine and it acknowledges you have a soda package and lets you get soda out of the machine. I have cut way down on soda so don't know if it will pay to have one but I already bought it.

Susan: Glad you are coming along, but I am sure it is painful and exhausting. When Jack had his knee surgeries, the dr gave him this cooler thing with a hose that attached to cooled bags that went around the knee so no dripping when the ice melted but we sure went through a lot of ice! Praying for you and cheering you on up those stairs!

Everyone have a great weekend!!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:59 PM   #18  

Good Evenng! I'm heading to bed, it's been a long day! I had a luncheon meeting this noon, then did the end of the week gift shop paperwork, and set the register for Monday. We had a big sale on Wednesday so I spent hours trying to match the payroll deduction amounts, which employee fills in and signs, with what was written on the daily sheet. I wish both employees and volunteers would be careful how they write their numbers! Bob offered to go out for supper and I spent the rest of the evening double checking my deposit amounts. I had to do two separate deposits because I had so many checks. For the week, the total was almost $6000!

"Gma," forgetting your toenails made it sound like you took them off and forgot to put them back on! I'm just a little slap happy tonight! I hope the new pillow will work for you. I don't know about sugar free Gatorade but the combination is the same as both of us had. I think the prescription Miralax might have something else the otc doesn't but I don't know.

We have Zowie's first soccer game tomorrow so will leave here by 8. I play bells Sunday so another early morning. Hope you enjoy a nice weekend!

Last edited by Jean; 04-08-2017 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:56 AM   #19  

Good morning gals. I sure hope it is nice and sunny this weekend. We have all our shopping to do.

I have to finish the downstairs when I get back from WM this morning. I have the countertops and appliances and bathroom to do and that's it. I have these special cloths I use on the stainless and they work beautifully. They remove any fingerprints and such and leave everything bright and shiny.

I got my pillow yesterday and it just might work. It isn't a stiff foam one, but it is soft like a regular pillow but very big and shaped like a triangle, with the bottom wider than the top. When I use regular pillows on a bed they slide down and I keep having to try and pull myself up. I am back in the recliner at the moment because of the swelling in my ankles and feet. It causes these horrible cramps and they are worse in the bed then in the recliner. I am going to have to talk to him about this bp med if the swelling doesn't get better because I can't stand to have my feet and ankles swelled up. They go down some overnight, but then swell right back up after I have taken this med for the day. I am worried about getting my shoes on for the cruise.

Jean: The other stuff the doctor had me drink was disgusting. It is very salty tasting and you had to drink a gallon of the stuff. It was awful and I would get about a quart through then start throwing the stuff up when I tried to drink it. Makes me gag just thinking about it. I'll have to look at WM and see if there is sugar free Gatorade. I think they have you drink Gatorade because you lose electrolytes emptying out your colon and Gatorade replaces them somewhat. Hope you enjoyed your dinner out and hope your hand isn't sore from all that posting stuff!

Have a good day today.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:47 PM   #20  

Good Afternoon! The sun has been out most of the day. In driving to Zowie's soccer game, we thought it was foggy or hazey in the low areas. Jason said they are getting some of the smoke from the grass fires. We also saw several semis loaded with the big round bales, one had a sign on the back saying "To Kansas, From Iowa" and a big heart. Zowie's team won and we went out for lunch afterwards. Needless to say, I haven't done anything at home.

"Gma," I just talked to my "mom" and she has had trouble with her legs swelling. The doctor told her she has to have her legs elevated higher than her heart for three hours, three times a day. I don't know how long she has to do that but she said the swelling has gone down. She was getting ready to eat so we didn't talk long. I must admit I was tired of looking at checks and adding Figures last night! I had to fill out two deposit slips because I couldn't get all the checks listed on one. At church, the other counter runs a tape to enclose with the checks so we don't write them down. I don't have an adding machine that uses tape; I usually just have two or three checks each week and list them on the deposit slip.

I need to get clothes ready for church tomorrow and do some laundry. Hope you all are enjoying a nice weekend!
Old 04-09-2017, 06:59 PM   #21  

Evening everyone. We had commissary run today and lots of empty shelves today. Luckily we found everything we needed but they either didn't get staff out put out stock or their trucks didn't come in. We got home about noon, put everything away and made sandwiches. We then sat doen to watch the Cubs game. They did a great job today and won 7-4.

I made ham and roasted brussels sprouts and rice for dinner. It's one of the few veg I can get Jack to eat, which is weird in my opinion.

I had to buy a plastic floor mat for my computer chair because it won't roll on the carpet. I couldn't find a smaller size so had to order one. It will be here tomorrow along with the ac remote we had to replace and my handbags.

Jean: I think it's great how farmers help each other when needed. I am not sure you can fix medication swelling except to quit taking it. I try and keep my feet up but I'd have to lay on the floor to get them over my heart and then I'd have a devil of a time getting up with my knee.

Everyone have a good evening.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:53 PM   #22  

Good Evening! The sun has come out just in time to set. The weatherman says colder and rain for tomorrow. This morning the bells played for the last time until fall, along with the organ, and congregation singing. I doubt anyone could even hear the bells but we tried. Bob volunteered to take them "somewhere" in MN for repairs, polishing, and tuning. Not sure where but asap. I've done some laundry but otherwise it's been a lazy kind of day here.

"Gma," glad your commissary run is done for another two weeks. Would Saturday be any better than going on Sunday? I am surprised Jack likes brussel sprouts; Ian turns green when anyone mentions them. Can you call your doctor or nurse and to ask about trying a different med in regards to the swelling? I feel for you!

Susan, how was your day today? Better I hope!

I think it is time for food -- you know who is checking in the refrigerator. Hope you all enjoy a nice evening!

Last edited by Jean; 04-09-2017 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:25 AM   #23  

Good morning to you all. I hope we have a nice sunny and warm day today as I have to venture out first thing this morning to get my hair cut and colored. I like opening the windows and the sunroof when it is nice out.

The lazy post office people delivered my computer chair mat yesterday and left it out at the mailbox. The USPS site said it wasn't going to be delivered until today, but it was delivered yesterday. It was there all night and I am surprised it was still there this morning. At least now my chair will glide back and forth.

Hopefully I will get my smaller handbags today so I can see if either of them are going to work. My ac remote should be here today too.

I decided to splurge a bit now that I am an old lady and I bought myself some pearl jewelry for the cruise as they were having a big sale and I had an email coupon code besides. I saved a couple hundred dollars, which isn't bad! I got a bracelet, necklace and earrings. They are fresh water pearls, but they look really pretty. I always thought pearls looked goofy on young women, I don't know why. It always seemed only rich younger women wore pearl anything unless it was little stud earrings. I thought they would look nice with my little pink polka dot dress. I'll look like someone from the Hamptons!

Jean: Calling is just out of the question. It's not like a regular doctor's office where you call and get a nurse or receptionist, explain the problem and ask for the doctor or nurse to call back. The only number is the 800 number where you book appointments. You call and ask to leave a message. I did that three times a year ago and never got a message or call back or anything. I asked the doctor if he ever got it and he said no. I had that problem with every doctor in that practice not getting messages so I refused to keep it up. If I get really desperate I will go to the office and make a stink about it, but even then I don't always get my message delivered. They are all lazy in there. Well, no practicing for a few months I guess. Is it really expensive to have the bells worked on?

Susan: Thinking about you!

Well gals I have to get going. I have several things to accomplish and I have to leave at 8:30. Have a great week this week!
Old 04-10-2017, 07:32 PM   #24  

Good Evening! It has turned cold again and the rain has begun, so gloomy! We didn't balance on the first try this morning because Jean did a "stupid." People write one check then want the money divided into different places. We have to write individual notations and I missed one. We found it when we doubled cross checked but what a pain. The gift shop money was done so I just had to stop by the bank and deposit that. This afternoon I went to the gift shop to track down a credit which I was supposed to have and didn't. The buyer was there so called the company, and it turned out to be their mistake. Whew! Bob is at practice and nothing sounds good for supper. Woe is me! Ha ha!

"Gma," I was really surprised you got something delivered on Sunday! Maybe one of your neighbors got it by mistake and brought it to you. It sounds like your medical service is a real challenge. I can send an email to my doctor's nurse, or call the clinic and leave a voicemail. If I call first thing in the morning, she will call me back within a half hour. I've not done the email so not sure how fast that is. Periodically we get surveys about our satisfaction with the clinic staff and service. I think the bell director is figuring between $2000 to $3000 for the repairs, tuning, and polishing. We need to replace some of the cases so will see if there is any money left over. It's been ten years since anyone has worked on them. We're looking at $25,000+ in organ and pipe repairs this fall.

Bob is home so guess it is time to eat something. Hope you have had a good day and enjoy your evening!

Last edited by Jean; 04-10-2017 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:53 AM   #25  

Good morning ladies. It is mild here already this morning, but we have rain moving in again so it will stay cool and not get hot.

I went and got my hair done yesterday. She upped her prices by $10 so now it costs me $175 including the tip to get a haircut and a color. She doesn't work directly for the salon anymore. She rents a chair and pays for their products that she uses so maybe they all went up, I don't know. I told Jack one of these days I won't be able to afford the whole thing anymore, but he says not to worry about it.

I have a sick hubby that had to go to work this morning. He has had a scratchy sore throat, but now seems to be working it's way into a cold and sore throat. He felt miserable but says he has to be at work this week because of some big wig coming in about a system they are installing and having problems with and since he is head of the techs he has to be there to walk around the plant with the guy so they can get the problems fixed.

We got a letter from the credit union that the hazard insurance on the condo has lapsed and if it isn't re-instated in 60 days they will purchase insurance and charge us. Well, that is not our responsibility, but the management company because it is insurance on the building itself. Jack called the guy yesterday and instead of faxing the info to the credit union he told Jack to have them call him. He is such a jackass and a control freak to boot. Jack called the credit union back and told them and they are going to call him so I hope we are now out of it. Gary assured us they have insurance.

The post office is at it again and this time I have no idea where the package is exactly. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but by 6:30 pm the website said out for delivery then when I checked back at 7 PM it said a notice had been left at 10 AM, which was bologney. Our mail had come around 3 PM and no package and no notice besides. This morning it said at 2 AM it was back at the main post office and left there at the same minute so I guess I will keep checking and if it doesn't come today call and raise cain. I do get so sick of having to do this. I have been documenting it every time and it has happened 6 times since the first of January of this year. I even sent the postmaster a letter complaining and the USPS a letter but all I get is nothing.

I was hoping my bags would be here today, but looks like not until tomorrow and once again have to deal with the post office as it was shipped FEDEX smartpost.

I have a dress I returned that has disappeared into thin air and contacted the dress place to find out where it is this morning so I have been busy with just shipping stuff.

I have half the white squares done now so should be finished with them by the weekend and can start on the last color for the blanket. I will be glad when I can just assemble it and then make the pillow sham for the pillow. I am really tired of knitting squares. I can't imagine making an afghan crocheting granny squares as they are smaller than what I am doing.

Jean: We get Sunday postal deliveries sometimes ordering from Amazon. I don't know why other than I am a Prime member with the two day delivery thing. We are having salmon patties for dinner tonight unless Jack texts me then we will be having soup and sandwiches as he will want chicken soup for dinner. I have a sneaking suspicion by afternoon he is going to want the soup because he does not feel well.

Everyone have a great day. I need to spray Lysol on stuff this morning to keep away as many germs as I can.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:37 PM   #26  

Good Morning! The sun is shining but it is cold outside, 27 degrees when I came downstairs this morning. Crazy weather! Yesterday when I made the gift shop deposit, the teller put the few coins back in the deposit bag. She called in the afternoon wanting to know if I had checked in the bag, and found them. I was glad she did it and not me! She said not to make a special trip but to drop it off next time I was in town. I needed stamps and Easter money for the kids so did that this morning. I needed bread and milk so stopped by the grocery store too. Maddy has a soccer game this afternoon so will be heading that direction later.

"Gma" it must be warming up because the bird bath is thawing. Poor robins were ice skating earlier this morning! How often do you have to color your hair? I know you have "city" prices but that is a lot! I pay $50 for a perm and thought that was bad. I hope Jack is feeling better and the cold doesn't progress any further. When I stopped to get stamps I noticed the idiot sub's car parked in our carrier's usual spot. We'll be lucky to get our mail before dark. I think the USPS is hiring the mentally challenged!

Susan, how are you doing today? Feeling better and moving easier I hope!

Not much else is newsy from here. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Tuesday!
Old 04-12-2017, 10:50 AM   #27  

Good morning to you ladies. We had rain yesterday but the temps are staying up pretty much. It is going to be 76 today and I was going to go out to get my toenails painted but I have the junk Jack has now and I just don't have the energy. I had a headache so bad I took some Tylenol and put an ice bag over my forehead and eyes and went back to sleep after he left for work. I can still feel it, but it isn't near as bad. I am not stuffed up just an awful sore throat and that headache so we both may be suffering from allergies as Jack said he felt a whole lot better this morning. He has to work today and tomorrow then has Friday off. I made some of my sore throat remedy so will start drinking that this morning.

My handbags, one of the bracelets I ordered and possible one of thing should come today. The fiasco with the remote is going to be a mess. The PO didn't screw up this time the company I ordered from did so I have to wait until they get it back to get them to send me a replacement. I will contact them again next week and see if they got it back. They sent it to Star Blossom Dr. They don't even have a Star Blossom drive here in Memphis. I don't know how Tulip Poplar could be mistaken for that in anyone's imagination. So we shall see how that comes out.

Not much going on today at my house. I have finished the downstairs, but don't feel like cleaning upstairs at all so guess I will just work on the knitting and sit. I feel the headache coming back on so I may have to turn the ac on this morning to see if that helps any.

Jean: I sent out the Easter cards this morning with Jack so I hope Jackson gets his by Saturday. He should. Wonder why she put the coins back in the bag? Either that or she just didn't empty the bag completely. We booked that entertainment I guess you could call it on the ship last night. It is the one where they lock you in and you have to solve the mystery to get out. It is a replica of a spaceship inside. I guess they have these types of entertainment all over the country now. Memphis has one here somewhere.

Everyone have a good day!
Old 04-12-2017, 11:33 PM   #28  

Good Evening! I just got home from subbing in a card club a few doors down the street. It was a beautiful home on the lake with lots of beautiful Easter decorations. This group is quite a bit younger than my card club; all are still working and just starting with grand babies, fun to listen to their chatter. I had terrible cards but not bad enough to take low prize. This noon was lunch bunch and a couple loads of laundry. Tomorrow I am making a jalapeño cheeseball ingredient list to make and take on Saturday. Maddy has a soccer game after supper, I hope we aren't sitting in the dark!

"Gma," I had over $1000 in cash and a large pile of checks plus a deposit of checks that Bob writes to me each month. There was just a little over a dollar in odd change which I put in a zip lock bag. I suppose when she counted the cash and dated my deposit slip she just picked up the deposit book and plastic bag not realizing she hadn't counted the change. She said, when she called, she used the slush fund (petty cash?) to make the deposit right. Someone from the main bank comes at 2:00 to balance for the day and take deposits back to their office. Is the entertainment a mystery dinner where different people are characters in a skit, and the rest have to figure out who the murderer is? I hope both you and Jack feel better soon!

I am heading to bed shortly. Have a terrific Thursday tomorrow!

Last edited by Jean; 04-12-2017 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:54 AM   #29  

Good morning to you all. It is pretty overcast this morning but going to me mid 80's today. It got up to 86 yesterday!

Jack just left a bit ago to get his hair cut. I am going to get the dishwasher unloaded and loaded when I get finished posting and that's about it. I am at the coughing point now. I took cold meds so hopefully it will start coming up and clearing up. I just feel miserable to be honest.

My necklace and earrings are really pretty. The necklace is a bit shorter than I like, but I just put an extender on it and it works fine. I did find a matching bracelet at Zales so went ahead and ordered it. They screwed up the other one I bought and sent black pearls not white so I sent it back and told them just to refund me. I have a dress and top coming today.

I am almost finished with the white squares and can then start on the very last color. I went ahead and ordered and had sent a leather handbag to her in case I don't finish before her birthday. I will just send it then when it is finished. I had a devil of a time finding a decent priced leather handbag that was smaller. Most of them were big. I think I spent about an hour looking at different stores and finally found one I like on HSN so bought it.

Jean: This isn't a murder mystery. You are in a replica of cockpit of spaceship and get locked in. You have to find clues all over the cockpit that together will point you to the way of unlocking and getting yourself out. They have 6-12 people doing it together. I don't know how well I will do with the clues, but it will be fun no matter what. I still can't make specialty
restaurant reservations though. They said three months out so won't be able to until sometime in June I guess.

You all have a lovely holiday weekend.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:26 PM   #30  

Talking

Good Evening! It's been a rainy day in my corner of the world today. Yesterday I was gone most of the day, errands in the morning, Crafty Club in the afternoon, and a soccer game last night. Maddy was goalie for the first half but didn't have much to do so played the second half and made two goals. The other team was younger girls and less playing experience; I felt sorry for them. Today I've been catching up on house chores. I'm seriously thinking about having some painting done in the kitchen and living room area and tile back splash installed in the kitchen. I'm really tired of the counter top; it's very similar to tables in a local restaurant and quite dark multi colored speckles. This afternoon I balanced out the gift shop paperwork and brought the money home to count. Tomorrow is our family Easter at Jason's so will be on the road early. I have a gut feeling we may be sorting through stuff at the cabin very soon. I hope the weather shapes up!

"Gma," a leather handbag is a wonderful gift for your friend! I just received two emails from Amazon regarding my last order. The first item was delivered by UPS several days ago. Amazon had a second order for the same thing and in checking with UPS, they said it had been delivered. The other item was delivered by the mailman a day later, and that email said the item would be delivered 4/14-4/19. I don't know where the glitch was but I hope if the item is delivered I don't have to pay shipping to send it back. Maybe they will tell me to just keep it.

Ernie says it is time for treats and bed so guess that is my cue. Hope you enjoy a nice Easter!

Last edited by Jean; 04-14-2017 at 09:27 PM.