Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 11:59 AM   #136  

PS...Deborah, I would love it if you could use some of my clothes, but I know they'd be too big for you!
Old 11-16-2003, 03:53 PM   #137  

Gayle I would love to know about the diet you're doing and I will pray that you keep the desire, get the encouragement and have loads of success. That dress sounds awesome. I wish I could get more into watching QVC but it's never been my favorite channel> i watch it some when nascar stuff is on. I bet your clothes wouldn't be too big for my 253 pounds of fat. I bought me a new sweat suit friday. It doesn't look like your typical sweatsuit but more like something casual to wear anywhere. It's a shade of green but I can't explain it any further than that. It's comfortable though and the first piece of anything I've bought for myself in quite a while. Brett keeps wearing my jogging pants to bed and I only have like 3 pair now. Maybe it I get the girlie colors he will leave them alone.

I miss daphne and hope we hear from mavis & ann soon too.

Deb I take it you are a real good cake maker?? Have you or anyone else ever made one from splenda? I want to experiment with that and using it in icing as well before brett's birthday in Feb. That way he can have a little more than if it were the real sugar. How did all the birthdays go??

Well nothing much else here. I made it to church this morning and DH thinks he may have the flu. He's been sleeping on the couch since he got him this morning. He has some vinyl siding work to hold him off to new years but he needs better before in the morning. If he has the flu, there's only been 1 case confirmed in SC so far this year so it seems unlikely but he has aches and can't breathe through his nose. I've only had the flu one time and it was when brett was Dec of 95. Brett wasn't even 3 yet and the twins were only 9 months old. All 4 of us had it right through christmas. I had it mostly on my own cause that was the year that Kevin wasn't living with us. I'll never forget it though.

Well I"m watching the finish of the last race of the year so I will speak with you all later. Have a good evening.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:31 PM   #138  

Looks like I'm the first one to be able to get back on. This was a bummer, huh? I surely wouldn't want to have to be the administrator of a site as huge as this! Hopefully it will be back to normal soon. My prayers to Suzanne and the Gang who has to deal with this crash!

I got your emails girls. Deborah, how is the new connection working out? I just got a notice that my server is offering a new add on service for $4 a month that could speed mine up by 5X. I can't afford it right now, but when I get things in order in a few months, I may try it. I only pay $19/month now, but $24 is just out of my reach right now. After I pay bills, I have no balance. Thank God Mom feeds me! (and buys me tampons, etc.!)

Dana, Are you going to have someone to look into your dropping sugar levels? Is it because you are cooking for Brett now and you are shorting yourself? Did you get to see my tree before the site crashed? That's probably what crashed it!

Daph, what's going on out there? Still so cold and snowy? We had higher temps than normal last week, but sure not this week!! This morning it was only 8*! The chill factor was -10*! We had to go out today, but by the time we left it was up to 18*. The wind wasn't too strong, either, so it didn't feel tooo cold.

Ann and Mavis, what is going on in your parts of the world?

Looks like we're back to the old format at least for a while, so I won't post any pix. If I can figure it out, I'll try to send you some via email.

Well, I'm going to go and lay down for a while. I've been on the go since 9 and my back is letting me know that that was toooo much!

Love,
Old 01-08-2004, 01:53 PM   #139  

Hello ladies

I got all your e-mails about the site. I thought something was wrong with my computer but I bet it was your pixs Gayle that crashed the site . I got your pixs of your tree , it was pretty. I feel just terrible cause I forgot to get a camera so I have no xmas pixs this year and it was our first xmas together. I mean Alisha and her DH and my stepdaughter and her family were here and my DH's mother was here with us and she is 92. I regret not taking pixs.

Things aren't going so well for Tim at work right now but other than that I think everything is going ok.

I am trying very hard to stay on my diet and I am so sore from working out. I can hardly move. It is cold here as well. Yesterday morning it was 10 degrees and It was about the same this morning. We have rain and snow fluries in the forecast for tonight.
Daphne send me some of that snow this way. I got your pixs. One of them didn't download.

Well got to go. chat later.
Ann
Old 01-09-2004, 11:45 AM   #140  

Hi, Ann. I'm so glad you had all your family together. That's always so nice to hear. I can't imagine being with Terry, my bro, and his family at Christmas. They are in TX and we can't afford to go there and they don't come to OH even in the summer! I know about not taking pictures when the opportunity is there...I had a party for my best friends and their spouses the Sunday after Christmas and forgot to take any!!! And I have a digital and don't even have to worry about film and developing!!!

I'll put Tim in my prayers. I hope everything works out for him.

Take it easy on working out. You may turn yourself against it. Are you going at it too hard? Hopefully the pain will go away quickly. Good luck on the diet, too. I'm taking baby steps to get back on plan. I've started by not having any butter on the toast in the morning, and someone gave us some grapefruit, so I have a half of one of them without sugar, and coffee (with creamora...just can't go to black yet!) I try to keep myself in line the rest of the time, but am not counting anything yet. I think I'll do the Suzanne Somers low carb diet when I do. And working out?...ummmmmm...welllllll...not yet!

It's been cold here, too. But, I was talking to a friend in Montana yesterday and he told me that during that cold snap they had, it was -30*!!! So, we don't have much to complain about, huh...not that that stops us, though!

Mom and I are going to a fishfry tonight. (Well, so much for trying to cut down!) They have scalloped potatoes, too. And that is one of my favorite dishes.

Not much else going on here. I'm still trying to finish cleaning the bedroom. All work was stopped in here during the holidays (cause I had more important things to do). But, here it is, after holidays, and it's all still here! I started on the top of the dresser the other day (not literally!)...you know, the "dump-everything-you-don't-know-what-else-to-do-with place", not to mention the "just-drop-the-jewelry-cause-you're-just-going-to-put-it-on-again-anyway place!!

I have been doing well on keeping the rest of the apartment fairly well straight and dishes done and sink shiny.

I'm going to go and finish cleaning out the inbox! That I do really well!

Talk later.

Love,
Old 01-09-2004, 12:57 PM   #141  

Gayle how can we manage to clean out these computers and inboxes but can't do much in the house?? I have to admit that kevin keeps us clean here. He cooks good to so maybe I can blame him for my weight. Probably not. I weigh about 50 pounds more than him.

I had 2 pieces of toast and jelly this morning along with some ham. My sugar dropped to 69 about 3 hours later. I have been doing some research on myself and low sugars and have come up with this. Your body needs sugar (carbs) in order for your pancreas to have something to work with. Sugar is converted to energy by insulin. If you don't keep a constant amount of carbs in your system then you don't have anything to convert to energy. Thus, you can't lose weight cause you don't have any energy and your metabolism stays too slow and low. I have been so bad about waiting too long before meals and then maybe eating too much when I do eat. I"m trying to work on spreading it out some and seeing what happens. I now know that my sugar drops if I don't so I will have to keep an eye on that. Low blood sugars that go untreated cause brain damage.

Gayle drinking coffee and cream or milk isn't bad for your diet. It's low carb and brett's dr. said that if he would rather drink that than all milk or juice it was lower in calories, fat and carbs and it was fine as long as it was decaf. he loves coffee and the rest of us don't drink it.

Daphne posted on the other thread and is having PC problems. She said sometimes the whole computer doesn't even want to come on so otherwise, due to weather ice, snow etc. she has the whole family home.

Ann the email you sent about how confused you were about a certain something?? Well back in late 95 early 96 my DH left me when our kids were only 2, and the twins were a tiny 7 months old (they were 3.5 months early), We were separated illegally for 6 months. He was cheating with a 19 yr. old. Well she ended up pregnant back in march of '96 and he had nothing more to do with her. She was seen with so many different guys that he didn't think it could be his. So on jan 2nd after being out of work a week for christmas, he was given a letter that had been mailed to the plant. It was that former 19 yr old who would be about 26/27 now and she was asking him did he want to see his 7 year old daughter? We had decided together that she didn't need to know that he even got the letter. The letter was dated dec 16 and he got it on jan 2 so it was lost somewhere. There is more than one person with his name at work as well so there's no guarantee that he would have gotten it.

I know you're in slightly similiar situation having a daughter that wasn't around her father growing up. You would be speaking from the mother's side of this but we're confused as to why she waited 7 years to blame kevin for fathering the child?? I do know it's not the girls fault and I will see she's not hurt on this end but we are trying to protect our kids and they don't need to be hurt by this huge secret just yet. They wouldn't understand and may never. I hope this helps you catch up and I would love to hear your input on it. For now we're sortof ignoring it and there's no proof it's his at this point. Nothing more has been said.

Deb did you get your internet stuff fixed? I want to hear about that. How is your weather? My kids get report cards today. We had a threat of snow and sleet stuff this morning but our temps only got down to 32 which didn't allow a whole lot to take place. We anticipated that there wouldn't be no school but the weather wasn't bad so school was on time. They go next week and get out on a monday and tuesday following that.

Well I'd better post this before I lose it. Dh is home today and he's bored. We've played the PS2 a few times and the kids will be home in 2 hours. I told him he will wish he was bored during the next 3 days when he works 12 hour shifts.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:17 PM   #142  

Yea, Dana, there's a lot about myself that I don't understand! I'm glad that you are keeping on top of your sugar like that. That is scary! Your plan sounds like a good one. They keep telling us that we should eat 5 or 6 times a day to keep our insulin levels in the proper range. Good luck.

It's FREEZING here tonight! I just heard on the weather that it could go below 0* overnight. It probably will since it's only [size=huge]5*[/size] now at 11:15 PM!!! I hate winter and freezing temps!

I am going to bed and get warm!

Love,
Old 01-10-2004, 09:16 PM   #143  

Gayle I thought it was cold here. We've been in 30's all day and twenties at night. They are calling for snow 4 times this next week with thursday being the first chance- 30%. I hope we can have at least one real good snow this year. I love to walk in it and eat snow cream and build snowmen. Well... you get the idea.

I have church tomorrow but we get in here sometime. I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm going to try to get everyone to get ready for bed. I'm chilly and ready for a warm blanket.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:23 PM   #144  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

The snow is melting!! Kids should be going to school on Monday!Hubby to work on Monday! I will be free to do what and when I want! I want to get on my treadmil and not have 3 human things here asking, wanting, needing, watching, fighting, crying..........Oh yeah I am the one crying from no freedom!
I woke up late again 10ish cause I was going potty all night. It has eased a bit and then took a nap from 3:30 to 6. I think today was a total waste of a day.
Monday I wil be OP and walking the treadmill 30 minutes each day. I am afraid to get on the scales and see what this last week or so being snowed in has done to me. I am guessing 230 to 240 seriously.
Gaylehow is the weather there today? I am above freezing and love it. I can handle the freezing if I am not iced in or if there is not that damn wind. How was that fishfry that you and Mom went to? Are you making progress on that cleaning? I kind of give up until Monday when noone but me will be here.
Dana how are you doing darling? How are the sugar levels? have you started the walking back? How far are you going? OK I still want to know what is Hog Jowl? You had said that you cooked that the other night and what does it taste like?
Deborah I hope that you are onlione and posting soon girlfriend. What is the weather doing downt here now? Tell us more about that internet thing that you have. Are you still posting on Fitday? Walking again or doing what?
Ann I miss chatting with you here. How is Tim and his work thing going? How is Alisha doing? What are you doing to work out and what food plan are you doing? I am just so lost with the post being lost now.
I willpost again later just wanted to say hi and see where ya all are!
Daphne
Old 01-11-2004, 01:27 AM   #145  
Queen of My Life

Talking I MADE IT TO THE SITE...THANKS GAYLE

Hello everyone!
Sorry but I have to be brief...my shoulder is killing me! I finally installed my ethernet card today and was finally able to get online with my new yahoo. But it took all day and all I have is hardwood chair to sit on and my desk is definately not ergonomically sound...so now both my back and shoulder are screaming in pain. I have already had the heating pad on it and now it is time to go to bed, but I just wanted to say hi to my sisters online. I am still the same weight and been eating non-stop.
DRINK WATER
Deborah

Old 01-11-2004, 08:54 AM   #146  

Daphne my sugars still stay on the low end. It's 80 right now and I haven't eaten yet. Hog jowl tastes like bacon and fat back but more like the bacon. It eats or chews like fatback where you have the softer fat on the harder meat. You understand a little better? Do they not sell that all over or maybe it's just a south thing?? No I haven't been walking again. I do miss it but since discovering my sugar is crazy, I'm afraid to go alone and it's been in the 20's and 30's and I don't think I want to go with it that cold. I think I want a treadmill but can't afford one. I used to have one but it wasn't electric.

Deb I'm glad you're able to get on here now. I'm like you, only stopped for a quick post and got 2 got. I have to get ready for church and DH is working today so I'm all alone and hope to not be late.
Old 01-13-2004, 12:52 AM   #147  
Queen of My Life

Red face Good Evening Everyone

How is everyone doing?

Daphne..I got your pictures of the snow...beautiful! Did you enjoy your freedom today? Is the weather still bad up there? How are the kids doing? How are you doing on your weight loss?

Gayle...I loved your pictures also, I am so glad that you sent me this link so that I could post. I can't believe how cold it is over there! How are you and mom doing? Have you seen any good movies lately? What are your plans for losing weight? How are you feeling? Do you think that you can walk the halls?

Dana...I know you said that you had low sugar...but what is normal sugar? The symptoms that you discribe happens to me sometime too. How have you been feel today? Congrats for staying OP!!

Ann & Mavis...Post soon! I hope you are both doing well!!

I will be home tomorrow, Joseph had a fever today when I picked him up from school and also complaining of feeling nausiated. He didn't eat much dinner, but he seems fine right now, however, I have already arranged for a replacement tomorrow. I guess tomorrow will be a Flylady Day for me..crisis cleaning here I come. As for eating we pigged out yesterday. I made a pie, cake, pork roast, mash potatoes, gravy, corn and pasta salad for dinner last night. BJ and "la familia" came over yesterday and went to church with us because Darcie was graduating from Sunday School into young women and was given a certificate.
Needless to say, I am stuggling really hard with my weight...I never seem to have time to exercise and I feel exhausted in the morning. Today I have started counting my calories, and I was doing well until I saw the left over cake sitting on the stove this evening...two large pieces later...I am feeling angry at myself for the lack of control. Well, tomorrow is another day!
The Dr. Phil show tonight was an update on the Weight Loss Challenge and the participants have lost an amazing amount of weight and they all seem so positive. I have decide to buy his book when I get paid.
I want to leave this post on a positive note...
Today..I did 1 lap on the track
I did 25 semi- sit-ups
I drank 3 glasses of fluid

Good night my sisters,
Take care and DRINK WATER
Deborah

Old 01-13-2004, 03:01 PM   #148  
Queen of My Life

Smile Tuesday at home...Where is everyone??

Hello Everyone...(((Where Are You)))!!!

Today has started out with a bang! Since I am home I got to rest in the morning, then I did my "Walk away the pounds" 2Mile work-out and boy was I sweating. I counted my calories for yesterday and I ate over 2900 which if I kept this up...I would continue to gain weight. So again...TODAY IS A NEW DAY! I haven't started cleaning yet...but I am feeling good anyway. I will count my calories today to...I am keeping a record by hand instead of logging into Fitday, because I never get on the computer at night after dinner and so I wasn't keeping an accurate count. I know that I have to at least 1000 calories less to lose anything...so that is my goal. I have to go right now, I need to make Joseph lunch and I want to work on my shopping list for this weekend (after I get paid). I hope you all are having a great week!!!
POST SOON EVERYONE!!

DRINK WATER
Deborah

Last edited by velvetblonde; 01-13-2004 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-13-2004, 03:08 PM   #149  
Queen of My Life

Dana...How do you get the pic on the site with out making them an attachment. I tried to cut and paste, but it didn't work...so I attached a pic of me at work last month. I would like to be able to just insert the pics into the post though. Let me know how you did that.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:11 PM   #150  

Deb I can't explain things very easily about pictures and this site but I save my original pictures to a floppy disk so that I can just post them from there. I will try in a few minutes to do just that to show you either a picture of laken and her new baby doll or a picture of the bench my dad got me for christmas that is at our kitchen table. It was bought unfinished and he stained it and coated it with a shiny something.

The normal for blood sugar should be 80 to 120 although brett's dr. will tell him 70 to 140 is his targets and anything under 200 is super for him. Mine is on the low 80's in the morning and sometimes it's in the 70's. Me and kevin ate the same 2 can biscuits with sausage and juice this morning and 2 hours later (that's what they say to check it to see what your highest is after eating) his was 95 and mine was 83. Congrats on that walking. I have got to do something. My grandmother has a treadmill that you plug in and it's sitting on her porch which makes it a little cold to walk at times. I've never been on it but she said to come up and walk on it and if i liked it I could bring it down here.

I had diarrhea nearly all day yesterday so I'd expect some weight loss tomorrow. Well I need to get up and get busy. Everyone is home and I can't sit here long. Hope you all have a good evening.
Closed Thread