Height: 157cm

Default Do it December for the Worldly Women

Here you go - new thread.

To go back click here. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...-november.html
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 03:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Back later to post. Got to get dinner on and then feed the dog, cats, mow lawns before dark and fold the laundry.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:21 PM   #3  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Thank you Shad for setting up the new thread for us. I would have done it today now that I am back.

Ride home was uneventful if not a bit bumpy with turbulance. DH picked me up at the airport, we went to an appliance store in Duluth to look at stoves. Of course the most expensive one was a Fisher and Paykill (sp?) which I said was a good brand. However they are making stoves that are both gas and electric - electric for the oven. That F&P model was one of those and we simply don't have enough electricity left on our service to support any more high end appliances. We disconnected the jet tub in the master bath so we'd have the amperage for the new hot tub. Shopping for the stove was a pain - each one is about 80 percent of what we want so we will have to compromise on a model we like. The salesman was very good - gave us lots of choices and info but did not pressure us to buy on the spot. Need to think about it a bit more. We then tried to go to a favorite restaurant for dinner but they were having a private Christmas party. That is a problem this time of year around here - lots of parties. So we went to the steakhouse - a place we always go to and our waitress said we came at a good time - 5pm as there were 3 parties coming in soon - 2 of which she was waitressing. DH and I split and appetizer of steak bites and with a salad and baked potato - I was stuffed. I ate 2 of my bbq ribs and boxes the rest for DH. Still I came home uncomfortably stuffed. I gained about 3 pounds while in Chicago. Not as bad as I felt I had done although we did not go hog wild on any eating and generally ate one big meal a day much like I do here. I am going to try and do the low carb thing now that I am back and eat clean and get in some regular exercise. We are going to hold off buying the recumbent elliptical machine until after the first of the year. I may join the health club where I do yoga for 2 months or so because I noticed they just purchased a NuStep which is good for my knees. I was hurting alot in Chicago. My sister's toilets are REALLY LOW which made for great difficulty doing the equivalent of squats when I needed to use the facility. I was very happy to get home to my higher toilet AND the assisted medical arms I have on it to help brace me. I am getting discouraged that I will NEVER feel better with these stupid knees of mine.

When I was recouperating I put the computer in my kitchen on the counter to use. DH needed the space to cook and took my computer back upstairs on my desk. I am sitting here now with the heater on and sure enough - boomph! here comes Nina sitting on my hand and half of the keyboard. She said she did not miss me while I was gone but she did miss the heater. It is December 4 - it's snowing outside, very holiday looking and I am trying to decide if I have the wherewithall to go in the basement, drag out the decorations and set up for Christmas. Of course first I will have to do some cleaning in the house here. I'm just not in a holiday mood for some reason. It always seems to creep up too quickly. I really don't exchange gifts with anyone so I don't have to worry about that - just something to buy Mom who said she loves to get presents, will not give us a single clue about what she'd like, fawns all over what I bought her and then tells my sister that she "didn't really like or need" anything I sent her. I told my sister I'm just going to send her some clothes out of my closet since she loves to shop in my closet and takes all my favorite shirts.

Mom was making noises about how she had a very quiet birthday and sort of hinting around that it was a "special birthday" and yet nothing special happened. I think even tho she insisted that she did not want a party she was thinking that we were going to throw her some big blow out affair. The reality of it was that she had 4 separate "parties" where we and cousins all got together in small groups and they all made her the center of attention. She had 4 birthday parties. She also got cards from ALL OVER THE UNITED STATES AND AUSTRALIA thanks to the generosity of my friends and family. She got all kinds of presents including 3 goodie boxes from me alone sent at separate times with all sorts of presents and surprises. I could see how my sister needed a break from her when I was over there. She is EXTREMELY childish now and sis said the next step is that she will become mean and angry. I can't wait for that.

I intentionally decided this trip home I would devote exclusively to family. For the first time since I moved away, I did not get together with my best friend from childhood nor did I meet with anyone outside of family this time around. For a few days that meant some long and boring days but I am glad I got to focus on my Mom and sister which was the main intent of my trip. Besides the fact that Chicago weather made me even more crippled and I was not up to alot of running around anyway. Next time although I think I am going to seriously think about getting this other knee done this upcoming year.

Enough of my blah blah blah...

Thanks again Shad for setting up the new thread. Is it still hot by you? When we were looking at the appliance store they had a fancy chef's kitchen set up. In place of the dishwasher you can get a cultivator with grow lights using the water line from the dishwasher and can grow your own herbs and lettuces and such (not tall plants like tomatoes) all year round. I loved that idea - just no room in my tiny kitchen and at well over $2,000 for the unit - a bit out of my price range too. For some reason I saw it and thought of you also. What are your Christmas plans? Are you visiting Miss S and family or are they coming to see you?

Laura - that is a bummer with amount of accidents on the train line. For some reason people up that way whether by intention or accident seem to like to do themselves in on that line. I can see how frustrating it would be to delay your schedule so much. Glad to hear that BF did well in his studies. If he got an A then he put that fret to good use and studied extra hard.

Ceejay - I keep forgetting to take my b12 and vit D also. Are you going to decorate your house for the holidays?

Anne - loved the pictures of the Polar Express run. Looks like the boys had the kind of joyful looks of wonder that makes this time of year so special. Nice pictures of all of you. Thank you for the Biofreeze samples - I am going to try them tonight - I heard good things about that stuff.

Cat is rolling all over my arm and my hand is tired from trying to support a cat head for the last 45 minutes. So I'm going to post before she makes me lose all this work. Hello to Susie and the rest of the lurking chicks.. Have a good Sunday.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 05:27 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone! The daya just get away from me and now there is so much extra going on with the upcoming holidays. I just keep plugging away....

I went back and read all the posts,

Thanks to Shad for setting up the new thread. I know how to set up a new one but not link them...good thing we have Shad and Happy!!

Happy:it sounds like your trip to see your sister and mom was a pretty good one even with Mom hinting about a big party.

I read that Annie sent Biofreeze to you. I have heard it is good stuff. I will be interested in hearing what you think. My left knee hasnt been happy with my extra walking. We were in the mall for about 5 hrs yesterday. I was glad.to get home and talk some advil.

Annie: Cute pictures for the Polar Express. They looked adorable in thir pj's

I am one who is always dropping food or drink on my chest. I carry those Shout wipes with me and have a box at my desk too.

Laura: what a pain dealing with the Metro and accidents. I couldnt help wondering if those accidents with the pedestrians are because people are on their phones?

Ceejay; Other then the B12 it sounds like the doctoe visit went well.

I have two weeks and a day and a half to work and then I will be off until the first of the year. You can bet yhe next two weeks will be as the saying "balls to the wall"! Lol

I think at the present time everything with the hacking is taken care of. No new accounts in our names with the credit bureau. No more email changes or password changed we didnt make.

I think it was Annie who asked how much LifeLock is costing us. We went for the highest tier they have and and it is $25 a month for each of us. We can cancel at anytime.

That tier gives us monthly credit reports, monitors to see where our email addresses show up and gives us that info.

If we have an event of security breach we are protected up to a million dollars and have legal counsel assistance.

I told my husband as long as we have jobs and can pay the monthly $50 I will keep them until I have paid a millon dollars out of pocket. It is like having an insurance policy. You hope to never use it but would be glad to have it.

That is it for me. I am determined to get the tree decorated tonight.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:06 AM   #5  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Mornin/Evening Everyone!

Well shootie heck, had to go to Immediate Care yesterday. Another UTI, 2nd one in 4 months. What the heck is up with that? Never had one in my life, now I have had two. Cipro and something that relaxes your bladder that turns your urine orange. Very pretty. lol. Not to mention what the iron is doing. Very colorful and festive. lol

Polar Express was a blast. So much fun with the kiddos. Our group was about 22 people and only 4 of those were kids. Ha, well worth it tho. Both the gbabes were so excited and very impressed with the entire night. Got some great pictures that were posted on FB. One in particular that I loved of the 4 of us.

Yesterday I just laid around the house. Chris came and got the boys, Sam met a friend, C was at work. Sassy, Bruno and I slept off and on all day long. Sassy slept more than not. Seems the older I get the more these illnesses take out of me. If this is what old is about, I am over it and done.

SHADDIE...thank you for setting up the new thread. Wish we had some of your hot weather here. We a spitting snow, nothing stuck, but annoying. This coming weekend is supposed to be cold and dreary. No wonder things are beginning to ache more. I am sure ODDU is loving having you home. You might even be BFFs. lol.

HAPPY...your trip to CHI overall sounds like a success. At what age can we say and do things like momma does and get away with it. Are we getting close? lol. You are welcome for the Biofreeze. Let me know if it helps. I don't have any more samples but do know you have to get from your doctor. Hope it helps. Now a new stove, does it ever stop? I didn't realize you needed a new one. Thanks for getting this all taken care of before we all move to the commune. Hope my blow dryer doesn't blow a fuse! LMBO.

SUSIE...Good for you for a long vacation at the end of the year. LEAVE THE WORK LAPTOP AT WORK! I keep a Tide stick in my desk, guess I should invest in some Shout wipes. I remind myself of my mom when things get spilled on my shirt.

CEEG...B12, that is why I learned to give myself my own shot. One less trip to the doc each month. It is not hard to do, you should look into it. If the Polar Express at your sister's end is like ours, tickets have to be bought about 6 months in advance as it is totally sold out by October. Just FYI, if so, for next year.

Hello to all ya'll. Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
This doctor told me he thought that I could do with a b12 once every three months. My sister is a nurse and she could give my b12 if needed.

Shad
Thanks so much for setting up the new thread. I need to learn how to do this.

Susie
I decided to get LifeLock also. This time of the year is bad with hacking at stealing.

Happy
Glad you are back home in time for the snow. We are supposed to get it Wednesday. I'm not ready for it. Yes, I'm decorated for Christmas. I'm in a different mood this year.

-------
Nothing new for me. My sis looked at my lab results and told me they looked good. I do need to take iron and calcium. She also explained to me what a triglyceride is. And told me that I
could be borderline diabetic. So now I'm watching my sugar intake.
This morning I looked outside to see frozen fog on the tree's again. Then saw a pair of rabbits. Then I saw the snow birds. Ugh. For me that's a sure sign of snow.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:32 AM   #7  
Choose your hard

Good morning boys and girls, Moms and Dads

Another Monday. Back to the routine. Still trying to remember who I am. Trying to type with a cat head bouncing up and down on my left hand and her reaching out to stretch a paw and turning on my caps lock and pressing F function buttons on my keyboard.

First thing this morning at 9am a phone call from one of the many doctor's offices. You owe $86. 85. Geez I must pay 3 or 4 doctor bills a month. Seems I am ALWAYS paying doctor bills. I know I hit my max out of pocket months ago yet I am still getting doctor bills. And these are from JULY. What takes them so long to process insurance???? I already got a refund check for an overpayment. I have never had so much trouble tracking payments before. I am going to have to make a spreadsheet as there are about 4 different doctors and as many facilities and everyone HAS THEIR HAND OUT!!!

2 good newses. 1 I did not gain any weight from my trip. I logged in to My Fitness Pal and I am the same weight this morning as I was October 17. So I am counting it as no gain although as my appetite came back I am up 2 pounds overall from my lowest weight this quarter. Also I have a follow up with the nurse practioner on Wednesday and I was supposed to lose one pound by this next visit. We set a low goal since I was travelling and we knew I'd be more "challenged". The other good news is that I found my $500 expensive progressive eye glasses. With my new $22,000 cataract eyes I now need 4 pairs of glasses instead of 1 or 2 - sunglasses, clear distance glasses, mid range computer glasses and close up cheaters. Thanks doctor for using cheap azzzzzz inserts! Anyway as I was getting ready and packing, I could not find my progressive glasses for distance. Not the biggest deal since I mostly need them for driving, but they are expensive and when I got home I could not find them. Looked everywhere and I was about to call the restaurant where DH and I last had dinner before I left (maybe I left them on the table but I didn't think so...). I looked on the kitchen chair where there was a winter scarf I was going to take with me but forgot and the glasses were wrapped in that scarf. Thank you Jesus! The doctor did say it would take about a year before my eyes "settled in" and I think they did and I need glasses pretty much all the time now. I am just appalled that the doctor's office charged me for a light prescription what I once used to pay for my heavy duty bells and whistles almost blind prescription.

Yes Annie, I need a new stove. The one we have is a nice one that they installed in 2001 when they built the house. However, the oven does not keep a temperature even though we had a service call and they replaced that "rope" that goes around the inside of the door to keep a seal. The enamel is wearing off the grates too and it's white so the porcelain is also starting to wear out from many years of scrubbing cooked on stains. Mostly though, there is always a smell of propane (gas) around the stove and it's getting stronger as time goes by. I wish I had the money to renovate the entire kitchen. I would expand into the open dining room. I don't really need a dining room - we could put one of those bench type tables against one wall and use the space for more cabinets and a big open counter with a built in cook top ... dream. The other house we were considering up here had a nice big kitchen and a huge master bath but that was about the only good thing about it. This house is much better for the practical things. So we are spending the money this year and next - I just hope the bottom does not drop out of the stock market when the new president takes over - I live in fear of all our savings pouring down the open drain again.

Susie - yes that Lifelock is pricey - especially when you have to pay it for each account but now that you have been hacked and you might have to deal with this for years to come, it's probably worth every penny for now so that they are monitoring things and it's one less thing for you to worry about. 5 hours - holy cow that's alot of walking - no wonder your knee is complaining. I find the thing that really helps the most although it doesn't seem to at the time is the good old ice pack to fight the inflammation. And an anti-inflammatory med if you have had an extra busy day. How is your husband doing with the afib? I hope you get your tree done tonight as planned.

Annie - that's funny that you say the Polar Express was mostly adults. I thought it would have been parents/grandparents and kids! Glad you had a good time with everyone. I'm sorry things didn't work out for Sam and Chris but it does seem like he keeps up with visitation (and hopefully support) so even if their relationship hit the skids, I hope for the kids sake - they have 2 loving parents. BOY are you right about when do WE start getting to act like Momma???? I told Sis that - I am getting OLD too and crotchety so look out Mom. One of the things that irks my sister is that my Mom does stuff now that we would never have gotten away with as kids ourselves. I noticed talking to her yesterday that she is very self focused - she asks questions to keep the conversation going because she doesn't want to hang up but she doesn't really listen to your response. I guess I see her drifting a bit and that's a bit sad too. I pray for patience in my life. I like Shout wipes better than the Tide stain stick. And don't worry - we have plugs available for the hair dryer - it's the stuff that pulls 220 electrical service that's a problem here. We get enough renters at the commune and we can afford to put in another electrical line - especially if all of you need electric blankets

It is a winter wonderland out there. Enough snow to be pretty but the rain I was hoping we'd get this morning is not coming until 3pm followed by an artic blast that will drop us into the 20s and teens with single digits overnight. Poor DH will have to be my Uber driver tomorrow as I have several places to go - dentist, Humane Society board member budget review and I am back at the thrift shop working Tuesday afternoons only because we are short of people even though I am not physically up to this and mentally I have had enough of all the drama and desperately want to quietly slink away from all of this already. I also need to go dig out my winter boots so I don't walk stiff legged like Quasimodo afraid that I will slip and pop out my new knee or wreck the old one even more.

Also need to make a grocery list as we have nothing NOTHING in this house to eat. Oh yes, we have cans and frozen stuff but none of the basics you need to put a meal together like bread, milk, fresh vegetables and butter. Thank goodness for boxed Kraft spaghetti and sauce or we would have had to go out in the snow or starve yesterday.

Hello to the rest of the chicks - I will catch up when I get back.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:33 AM   #8  
Choose your hard

Shootie heck is going to be my new favorite phrase this week.

Ceejay - enjoy the snow. You are retired now and you don't HAVE to go out in it if you don't want to.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:02 PM   #9  

Morning all. Barely.

My weekend was alright. No commuter train mishaps Friday and Saturday. On Friday night bf and I shopped for my charity gifts. On Saturday we trained it down to the Christkindlmarket and met some friends. Within minutes of entering (at the 11 am opening time) it was wall-to-wall people and we could barely move around. We all ended up at our meeting place within 45-50 minutes after entering the market. No one bought anything – just too crowded to do much of anything. We went to lunch across the street and then we went home. Oh well.

It snowed about 6.5 inches yesterday (Sunday). Heavy wet snow. This morning I looked out the kitchen window and saw that one arborvitae tree in our line of them at the very back of our yard had toppled. Actually it was just part of the tree – several separate trunks coming out of the ground and maybe 2-3 trunks of it toppled. Unfortunately it fell onto our wood fence on the south part of our lot line. I hope that once bf gets it chain-sawed into manageable pieces and pulls it off the fence we’ll see that we don’t have much damage to the fence. I guess it’s good that the tree didn’t fall into the power wires that run across the back of the yard. I’m not sad at all about the tree – the part that went over had one trunk that jutted out at an angle (not straight up) and I was always bumping my head on it when I was working near that spot. And it’s one less of these trees that will need to be removed when we finally decide to tackle that project. And by “tackle”, I mean hire someone else to do it, LOL.

That was the excitement for the weekend. The unexciting: I bought $4 worth of lottery tickets and won exactly nil. Talked to mom and learned she’d had her cable tv set up and that my sister had found the power cord to Mom’s TV and rx’s when she was over there the other day. Watched the final episode of the Gilmore Girls series on Netflix (meh). I pulled the Christmas gift wrap box down from the attic and wrapped the charity gifts. That’s about it for my weekend.

Nothing special this week. Brought the charity gifts to work today. I’m taking a half day of vacation on Friday to get an EKG done. I’ve had a heart murmur since I was a kid and the doc wants to make sure nothing’s leaking. I’m going to note on my spreadsheet (doctor/medical stuff) that the doc said that if this EKG comes out good, I won’t need to get them anymore. I could swear she’d said that the last time I had one a few years ago...

==
Okay, on to personals.
==
Shad – Thanks for starting our new thread! Living the warm weather vicariously through you…

Happy – Sounds like you had a nice, quiet and sane visit with your family. Glad your travel was uneventful. == Re electricity – when bf and I did a big electrical upgrade project in our house (a few years after moving in), we had the level of our service increased because we knew we wanted to add central AC to our HVAC system. And specific to stoves - the electrician didn’t put our convection oven/range on its own circuit breaker. Use the convection feature plus too much other stuff in the kitchen all at once and it blows a circuit. Yes, that’s on the laundry list of electrical tasks to be done when we finally get someone in to take care of them. == Yay for no vacation weight gain and for finding the $$$ glasses!!!

Susie – Re the Metra commuter train accidents – they try not to publicize many details, so very little is ever learned about the causes. Many people believe they are suicides, but I do agree that at least some of the accidents are caused by people not paying attention and as you commented – they could be on their phones, or I think they could be wearing earbuds and don’t hear the train. === Sounds like you have a nice holiday break coming up. Too bad it has to come with a flurry of preparation beforehand and a lot of catchup afterwards. === I agree with you about the Lifelock monthly spend – I bet it would be a cinch for me to identify $50 of money going to unimportant, unneeded things that could be redirected towards the Lifelock service. One tiny monthly thing that comes to mind immediately – bf signed up for a printer cartridge program that costs $3.18 per month. We hardly print anything on our home printer, so I consider that a waste, even though it’s a small $ amount. The other waste is the $19.99 per month bf spends on his LA Fitness membership. It’s not a bad price, but it’s a waste because he hasn’t gone there in *forever*. Wish I had all that money back… Anyway, two quick things and I’m over halfway to the $50/month.

Annie – Glad the Polar Express was a hit with the kids. And for you – all the adult company you had. Love the fb pics, and yep, love the one of you with dd and the 2 g’babes. === Big bummer about the UTI. Hope the Cipro does the trick. The orange urine med is a bit alarming, but I’ve taken the OTC version and it does bring relief from the “discomfort”… === Yes, I want to know when we’ll be old enough to say and do what we like and get away with all of it. My mom must think she’s there already (at 83 y.o.). I’m not sure about her, but Happy’s mom at 90 definitely gets a pass, LOL. I think us Worldlies have a ways to go…

Ceejay – How nice you’re all decorated for Christmas. – Bf and I will be regretting we didn’t get the outdoor decorations done before the snow and cold came. Anyway, sounds like you’ll have a very festive holiday season this year. No more working on any of the holidays!! -- I hope with exercise and diet modifications you can get away from the borderline diabetic diagnosis your sister gave you. Now you have the time to make your health Job #1.

Okay, it just ticked over into afternoon. Still have a bit of time to eat my lunch. Have a great day everyone.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 04:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Well shootie heck as Annie would say. My computer spat the dummy on Sunday and I dropped it into the hospital yesterday. Looks like the motherboard is dead. So I am reduced to the phone which I hate. So no personals today.
I went to the gynaecology oncology hospital yesterday to be greeted with the news that indeed my right ovary was cancerous and they intend to do a complete hysterectomy asap. First though I had to have a high contrast CT scan to determine if it has spread to other parts of the body. I went for that today. Unless the news is really bad, I don't expect to hear from them before Monday. Don't ask me how I feel. I am completely pissed off.
No personals right now. I need to get the computer back so I can type properly and fast. Then I will conduct a virtual lesson in starting new threads.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:17 AM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

Oh SHADDIE...my heart, thoughts and prayers are with you.

That is all for now as I am very saddened by this news. I know you are not supposed to hate but right now I hate cancer and the way things are going in life.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
So sorry to hear this news. Sending you healing thoughts.

Laura
Wow, 6.5 inches of wet snow! I can see where that could cause some damage. I hate shopping this time of year mainly because things are too crowded for me. I stopped by the super Walmart Sunday on my way home from Ash Grove, my sister's house, and it took me longer to find things because of so many people shopping. Part of it may be in lieu of the prediction of snow.

Happy
I'm grateful that I don't have to get out if it does snow. I bought enough groceries that I should not have to get out. The weather men are predicting mainly snow flurries and possible one inch of accumulative snow.

--------
I'm working in the garage today to finish up my part. My niece will do her part when she comes home Christmas. Sis is wanting to get my garage door fixed to where I can park the car in the garage.
A gyn office called yesterday to set up an appointment. It will be January 24th. I'm going to wait till 2017 to make an eye and dentist appointment
I've been using my laptop more and it takes more data because of updates.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #13  

Busy day here, no time for a regular post.

Just a quick response for Shad : Healing thoughts for you. I'm sure " Shootie heck" doesn't quite cover it.

Last edited by Laura705; 12-06-2016 at 05:03 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 07:47 AM   #14  
Annie - Indiana

Hump Day!

Free Holiday Cheer in the lobby. Starbucks and Long's donuts. I will pass on the donuts but I can guarantee you I will be getting the Starbucks! Long's donuts are supposed to be THEE best donuts in Indy. I am not a donut fan so I cannot tell you or not. Long lines, cash only, and crappy parking. Hmmmm.

Last night was beef stroganoff, cauliflower and rolls. Easy and quick. Was extremely tired last night so I went to bed at 7:30, didn't go to sleep but was in bed. Doc said I probably needed to exercise to get more energy and be less tired. I just laughed at her and said, guess I will be tired. lol.

SHADDIE...holding good thoughts and prayers for you.

LAURA...sorry your day was so busy. Hope it slows down a bit for you today.

CEEG...did you get the garage done? Bleh on the gyno appt.

Hi to all. Hugs
Old 12-07-2016, 09:24 AM   #15  
Choose your hard

Joy - my heart is saddened by your news. Be pissed off, fight it as hard as you can. Sweep it out of your life with your broom Missy - this one's not going down easy. I was hoping that the lack of news was a positive thing. Know that we both are sending all good wishes and thoughts for a speedy and complete recovery. I saw your card when I was at my Mom's last week and was really touched by not only the beautiful card - but your lovely note in it as well. My Mom has it displayed in a prominent location in the living room and shows it to everyone who comes over.

Annie - quote of the day "... I guess I'll just be tired". Thank you for the morning laugh. I was thinking beef stroganoff this week too. Yum - and I have cauliflower also. Just too busy this week to cook it. Good for you for passing on the donut.

Ceejay - with a bit of work you can get past the borderline diagnosis - always a good thing when you can manage something. Hope you don't get much snow.

Laura - hope all goes well for you with the EKG. Sorry to hear about the snow taking the trees down. I was glad to have missed that and was anxiously watching the weather forecast. I'll take our dry powder over the heavy wet stuff any day. Darn - are you saying the convection style ovens require a stronger electrical draw? I guess no convection for me then LOL. How do you like that AND the steam dryer? Been meaning to ask you that.

Quick post for me. Back at home, back on the run again. Yesterday was the dentist - good news is the crown I thought I broke is only chipped a bit. Bad news is he found another crown that is worn and needs replacing and not wearing my partial plate is causing my other teeth to loosen up. Then I had to fight with Walgreens to fill my antibiotic prescription - they are the worst pharmacy in town when it comes to filling prescriptions and for the next 2 years I need an antibiotic dose an hour before any dentist appointment to prevent infection issues with the knee replacement. Then I had to run to a Humane Society budget meeting where people do not seem to understand that when your income is down you can't keep spending wayyyyy over your budget. That droned on and on and I left after 70 minutes (for a 30 minute scheduled meeting) and DH and I had a quick lunch before he dropped me off at the thrift shop for my afternoon shift. I'm glad he drove me because when he came to get me, he was slipping and sliding up our big hill. Today I have a follow up diet doctor appointment, yoga and then the winter session board of directors meeting for the Humane Society tonight. Tomorrow I hope to get some things done at the house here like laundry and unpacking before I run to bingo in the evening. I think I want to stay home more. Last night I forgot to take my evening pain pills and woke up at 3am in alot of pain. By the time things calmed down, it was time to wake up for the day. I guess I won't be weaning off the pain pills like I was hoping. Yet.

Gotta run now. Good thoughts to you Shad as well as all of you chicks.