Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 06:30 PM   #31  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hey Terry she is cutting one of her front teeth too Jacqui said she'll look funny with three teeth the school is now a house so we were a bit cheeky driving into the driveway like that to take a quick pic Some of the pic's are a bit dark and the picture of the nursery does'nt do it justice it is so pretty. I've got two more reels of film to develop so if there is anything of interest on them i'll post them too Hubby has been making fun of me today for spending my "usual" 12 hours online MIL and BIL rang today and he just had to tell them but Hey i've got stuff to catch up with!

This morning i just saw the latest Jenny Craig ad and i was blown away to see Joy Behar as spokeswoman and 23lbs lighter to boot! I've got some work to do once i get back into a routine again i've just managed to unpack but the laundry can wait.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:30 PM   #32  
Ginny

Hi ladies,

Welcome back Cathy, sounds like you had a great time. I saw those Jenny Craig commercials also.. frankly Joy looks the same to me as she always did,, guesss I never thought she looked fat at all... anyway I went online to research the Jenny Craig diet.. and maybe it's just me..but I can't see buying a bunch of frozen food from someone when I can eat fresh produce and nutritious food I prepare myself... the same thing with Weight watchers, I am sure it is terrific program, and a sound way of doing it but I can't see paying others for the knowledge of how to count points etc... I just don't think certain people should take advantage of others for a profit when so many could use the ideas. If its a safe and healthy way of dieting, which I am sure it is,,, why can't everyone know how to do it without having to pay someone to find out..

That is the same thing with the genealogy research I am doing.. if you go into ancestry.com they have all these places to look etc. for information on your family tree, but if you happen to find your name, then to get the information you have to join a group and pay for the privilege of seeing the information. When all the information is public property, as it from the US census' and immigration records etc..

In case you can't tell I am in a mood this evening.. just been reading some magazines on how easy it is to lose weight.. if you do this or that..I wonder who these people are...what gets me is that they advertise, oh we lost 30 pounds and went down 10 sizes.... what a bunch of rubbage,,, 5 yrs ago I lost 40 pounds in 4 months and I only went down 3 sizes....where do these people shop....

Ok, well I am doing pretty good. Been eating really well this week so far.. I am down 3 pounds,, but I gained them earlier so no biggie...I need to just keep going... I am hoping that when I go on vacation I can continue to make good healthy choices when we stop to eat... one good thing, we don't stop at fast food places so I should be able to do it... oh speaking of fast foods...on way home from the hospital Monday, where I got my injection finally.... we stopped at McDonalds... I got a salad.. with grilled chicken... it was good,but the chicken was soooo salty. and the dressing packet said 30g of fat... I didn't eat the dressing...

going to go...just had to post... glad to see more of us are posting again... it was pretty slim pickings there for a while..

Hello to all of you out there who haven't posted in a while, come back, let us know how you are doing...

Dahlia
Old 09-11-2003, 09:49 AM   #33  

Cathy - the pics are GREAT! Thanks for sharing.

Terry - hope the garage cleaning went well. I feel SO much better now that our storage locker is cleaned out. I only wishhat more of our stuff was selling on ebay. I am also going to try craigslist.com. Have you guys ever done that?

I tried to do my mini trampoline this morning, but it was a little depressing. Every channel is covering "Patriot Day". One of my friend's wives was on the plane that went down in Pennsylvania. Today always makes me a little sad because of that.

Weather is still in the 80's here. I want fall weather. Guess I need to wait another month. Dan and my 4 year wedding anniversary is next week. Still deciding what to get him - he is SOOO hard to shop for.

Hope everyone is doing well on their programs.

Check in later-
Meg
Old 09-11-2003, 12:15 PM   #34  
Gym'll fix it!!

Morning Ladies,

Dahlia..i agree about the pre-packaged food i would'nt do Jenny Craig either but WeightWatchers is another matter..once you get the booklets you can just do it on your own (thats if you've got the willpower ) i know the thought of attending class and getting weighed kept me from cheating but then again i did manage to do it on my own eventually so it just depends on how much you want it. I also see that Dr Phil has jumped on the bandwagon and he is taking a bit of stick because he is hardly sylphlike himself should make for interesting viewing though.

Hubby caught a cold on our last day in England and i've had it for the past 2 days too..it is so maddening because we are never ill here

I weighed in this morning with a 5.5lbs gain...roughly a pound a week it could have been MUCH WORSE considering that i drank for England while i was there. I'll have to get back to it once i shake this cold and sore throat..i'll probably relax until Monday

Meg..i have'nt heard of craigslist..what exactly is it?

Time for my 4th cup of tea...BBL
Old 09-11-2003, 01:51 PM   #35  
Connecticut

Afternoon

Getting ready for fall and winter here -- packing away all the deck furniture and "things" today. Washing, scrubbing and organizing. Such a life let me tell you. No creepy crawlies today though.

Dahlia and Cathy, I did Jenny Craig many years ago and didn't like it. Granted it may be completely different today, but it wasn't for me then. I didn't like the food, it was extremely expensive because I still had to buy groceries for Russ and the kids (about $100/wk then just for my food), and I didn't like the fact that my leader (don't know what else to call her) was a stick, super young and thought she needed to lose weight too. Can you tell I didn't like her???

Weight Watchers is so much more realistic and at least the people who work there have gone through the program themselves at some point in their lives. Their WW Online program is great especially because it has a huge food base and calculates your points.

Cat, I read a blurb yesterday in USA Today about Dr Phil's new book and how he's taken it upon himself to cure the obesity problem in America. They basically said he had nothing new to say in his book and they infered he was just capitalizing on a trendy problem to make some $$. The more I read about him, the less I like him. And, he thinks his wife is perfect -- never touches a grain of sugar. Poop.

Dahlia, don't cut yourself short -- a 3 lb loss is a 3 lb loss regardless if it followed a gain. Good job!

I hear ya about all the fee-for-service web sites now and it's only going to become more frequent as more and more people use the web for research, etc. Even the NY Times charges for in-depth articles now. I am not saying that I like it, but just that it was inevitable. Such is life.

BTW, how is your back these days?? Better I hope!! And, another question (just call me nosey rosie!), when do you leave for vacation??

Cat, I bet you'll drop that vacation weight in no time -- it really wasn't much considering I can gain that in one week and it took you five! Hope you take it easy to get that bug out of your system. Knowing you, you are still trying to do three things at once. Need to practice some TLC .

Meg, any plans for your anniversary? Our 27th will be 9-25 -- a good month!

I was so tired last night after all that cleaning that we ended up going out to eat -- took a long shower and ate about 8pm -- french onion soup, a salad and a glass of wine. Even though I do miss Chris, I love not having to cook for him, etc. Empty-nesting has it's good side!

Back to work -- catch ya all later.

Old 09-11-2003, 01:59 PM   #36  
Ginny

Hi again,
Just a quick note here.. to answer Terry. My back is doing much better thank you.. I got my injection this past Monday, and it is starting to work. YEAHHHHH!!!!!! so so am I... am slowly redoing my upstairs rooms.. was going to get rid of the crib, but now with the new grandbaby coming, can't, so am just changing things around a bit.. I do what I can and then have to wait for someone (sons) to come around and do the heavy stuff. I hate waiting.. but seems to be my lot in life...LOL

Terry, we have a lot in common, my youngest is back in college again too.. and I know what you mean about not having to cook for that 3rd person.. its so easy for hubby and I to just grab a quick meal or go out to dinner.. son is coming home this evening with his girlfriend for the weekend. We have a b/day party to attend tomorrow..but I will just rearrange my meals to...

As for when we are leaving on vacation.. I wish I knew..it is sometimes in the next 3 weeks,, as soon as hubby feels its time.. he is doing some work on the house,, putting on siding.. wants to get one side done before we go..and finish selling our mum crop... I hate not knowing, there is so much I have to get done in preparation but some things I can't do till last minute...like things for the office I have to do before we can leave but have to wait till the month is over to get all the data... its frustrating..he thinks we just pick a day and go... cause that is all he does.. I do all the packing and planning.... I'm not really complaining, I'd just like a date to work toward.. I'll keep you posted though.

Dahlia

Last edited by Dahlia; 09-11-2003 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:48 AM   #37  

Hello everyone. I haven't weighed myself in days, and I fear that when I do I will have lost nothing - or even gained.

Dan and I picked out a really nice pair of shoes for his anniversary gift. I told him I wanted some nice everyday silver earrings from Tiffany to compliment my necklace he gave me a few years ago. We visited the website (the store was closed by the time we bought the shoes), so he will stop by there before next week. I think we will just eat in - steak and mushrooms and a bottle of champagne.

Dahlia, it always seems like men don't understand what is involved in preparing for a vacation. It took alot of time for me to get everything ready for our honeymoon in Germany. Reservations for hotels and a car as well as packing and planning where to to go all add up.

Things are going pretty well with the ebay sales, but the 2 big items haven't sold yet (leather couch set and an old guitar amp). Between the two we will get $750 (hopefully).

Dan and I decided last night that we will not buy gifts for each other at xmas, but both take off the 26th and go downtown for a really nice lunch and shopping when everything is on sale. We are only going to do stocking stuffers. He is so hard to shop for it is just as well. As you can see I am a HUGE planner - I think it is the bipolar part of me. I like to know the deal with everything and be prepared.

Well, need to finish getting ready for work. It seems kind of silly to go set up the restaurant and then get to wait on tables for only 1 hour, but that is what they want. Good news is I have a 3 day weekend!

I may weigh in tomorrow, so I will let you know how that goes.

Meg
Old 09-12-2003, 09:51 AM   #38  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good Morning Ladies

Making an early start on laundry this morning managed to get all the unpacking done and get the house back to normal yesterday so today i can go grocery shopping and general "malling" it

I might go into Victoria today i'll see how the time goes i promised the landlord of the Tardy Gate Pub close to where MIL lives that i would take a photo of a bus that runs around Victoria displaying "Tardy Gate" on the front..it was actually built close to where MIL lives and he thinks it would be cool to have a picture of a bus that was built in Leyland with his pubs name on it that is now operating in Canada. It is especially because the name of his pub "Tardy Gate" is the only pub in England with that name and it originates from the 16th century when a landbaron called John Tardy owned the land and had a gate on his property hence the name Tardy Gate. Anyway, thats enough history for one morning BBL
Old 09-13-2003, 09:40 AM   #39  
Connecticut

Morning Glories

I knew I should have sent Chris to school in Hawaii --- second weekend away and he's home again! Not only did I do his laundry but also his roommate's (who lives nearby and came home too). What a gig they have. That's OK as this is payback time for me as I never did laundry in college and depended on good ol' mom too. I make him tow the line in other ways!

I was watching The Weather Channel last night and that hurricane is huge. It could hit Florida, the mid Atlantic states or Southern New England or stay out to sea. Not much you can do about Mother Nature. Looks like we are in for some rainy weather for the next few days despite the hurricane though. We were thinking of going to The Big E Fair tomorrow (Eastern States Exposition in Massachusetts) but perhaps next weekend instead. Nothing worse than a fair in the rain.

I'm blabbing here aren't I????

Down a pound this week.

Meg, sounds like a great plan for your anniversary and I especially like the Tiffany's part . Don't worry about the diet -- once you start your new job and get acclimated to a different routine, then you can concentrate on your weight loss goal. Sometimes we need to take things one at a time for the best results overall.

Dahlia, I'm like both you and Meg and need to know a date as I too like to have it all planned out as well. I mean not only do we have to pack for two people, but there's the house to get ready (I like to come home to one that's not messy , the animals to arrange for (at this end anyway), etc. Men just don't get it sometimes.

I am so glad to hear that your back is better so hopefully you can make up for the whole summer during your vacation . Now that's a good plan too!

Cathy, a 16th century pub -- I'd love to see any pics you have of that. What a great idea to take a photo of the bus too. Hey, it may get ya a few free brews on your next trip! I gather you must be feeling better if you are going shopping and the chores are done -- good girl .

Slept in this morning and it felt good. Need to get the coffee brewing and read the morning newspapers next. I do like lazy weekends.

Have a fun Saturday everyone and hello to all the rest of the gang -- Pam, Grandma, Carol, and everyone else .

T

Last edited by Cool Mom; 09-13-2003 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-13-2003, 10:06 AM   #40  
Gym'll fix it!!

Morning Ladies,

Terry..i did'nt sleep in i feel OK apart from my throat is absolutely raw and even though i've been gargling with TCP (some antiseptic that i bought in England) it seems to be getting worse not better so i'll be making a trip to the pharmacy later for some cough syrup Sorry T but i did'nt make myself clear the "name" originates from the 16th century not the pub i have no idea how old the pub is it is old but not that old

I don't get it..if Chris's roommate lives nearby why did'nt his Mom do his laundry? it was very nice of you to do it but i'm just curious i suppose she could have done it but its just your lovely nature coming out as usual..good job we have machines is'nt it? i remember when i started out with my first hubby we could'nt afford a washing machine for a while and i had to do all the washing by hand.

I've been watching that Hurricane too..it must be nerve wracking to live in that area..i could'nt do it..my bags would be packed and i'd be outta there.

Congratulations on another 1lb loss you are doing so well what is the total now T?

Hmmm, i'm off to find a throat lozenge..BBL
Old 09-13-2003, 01:29 PM   #41  
Domestic Engineer

Good morning everyone!~
I'm enjoying a relatively lazy Saturday...went to some garage sales and one of the nearby thrift stores. Love a good deal! Jim is busy pretty much all day so I had to get out this morning so I woudn't go crazy this afternoon! Meant to get to the Farmers Market- but ran out of time. I have a friend who's DH grows melons- he invented these hot-house huts so he can grow them here and they are soooo good! Has anyone ever had a yellow (fleshed) watermelon? So tastey and sweet! I wanted to buy some, but may have to run out to their place (25 min away) I love melons! (and he has all kinds)

OK, enough about melons...Have been doing my WAAP video and had an afternoon working in the yard which was a *major* workout! Eating has been alright, though don't quite feel 100% committed and I know I need to to get results...ran into some Timbits this morning-oops

Cat- really enjoyed all the pics! Are you glad you are "home" or are you "homesick" for England now?

Terry- Great WI!! You are too nice- I hope they are doing the transferring and folding or are you doing it all? How does it feel to be an empty nester?!

Meg- Happy Anniversary and your gift sounds lovely! SOunds like a good plan for Christmas too. Jim and I always talk about not really buying for each other but then do. Good luck selling on ebay...mind sharing the link so we can peek?

Dahlia- glad to hear your back is feeling better. And good luck getting away on vacation! My FIL and Dad are the same-- can't committ to definite times...must be a man thing Oh, and my parents just re-sided their house last month- it looks so great. That will be nice for you to have done.

hey to everyone else and hope you can check in with us soon!
Old 09-13-2003, 02:58 PM   #42  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Em,

Yes..i must admit i'm even more homesick now and have been browsing houses for sale over there all morning not that hubby would go back for love or money but i can dream

I don't share your passion for melons i find it very bland and tasteless..but i'm not much of a fruit eater anyway and i remember one girl being really shocked when i said i don't like strawberries

Well, i've been online since 6.30am and its now noon so i think i'll go and sunbathe.
Old 09-14-2003, 06:10 AM   #43  
Theres no stopping me now

Sunbathing !!!!! lucky you Cathy, can only see gray skies out of my window, looks you went 'home' at the right time.

Is my 15th wedding anniversary on the 17th, looks like it's the month for it.

I want to go swimming but the boys are playing computer games, will drag then out shortly, still have to checks my legs for unwanted growth.

Eating has been good this week, and I have moved my butt, so please let me have a loss this week.

I am getting very close to weighing 1XX pounds. I have been coming to this site for about 3 years and I am finally going to make it, it into Onederland as I've seen it called, is only a matter of weeks (fingers crossed) if not this Monday then the next one, no excuses. I will do it I will I will I will I will.

Old 09-14-2003, 12:45 PM   #44  
Gym'll fix it!!

Morning Ladies,

Carol..Congratulations..thats a fantastic achievement you WILL be in ONEDERLAND in a week or two

Yesterday we sat in the sun all afternoon..it was lovely and it must have been really hot while we were away because our pond is absolutely DRY..not a drop of water in it so hubby was in there yesterday throwing boulders into a heap so he can clean it out with our excavator and when i say pond i'm not talking fishpond here i'm talking at least 20' X 20' X 10' deep i have never seen it bone dry before.

I got my films developed yesterday so i'll scan them this morning and add them to the website no scenery..just family. BBL
Old 09-14-2003, 11:51 PM   #45  

Hello ladies. I have been very busy today starting to redecorate the kitchen. We are repainting it hunter green. we had to do alot of work to the walls - more than we thought, so we didn't actually get to put any paint on the walls. dan was supposed to have tomorrow off, but one guy got 12 weeks paternity leave, and another's father died (in India), so dan got called in. we could have easily primed and done one coat tomorrow.

The big stuff sold on ebay, and the rest of our auctions end tomorrow, so we shall see about the rest. Enough has sold that we will be able to at least WALK into the the storage locker. I guess I will just relist the rest.

On my own tomorrow, and not sure what to do with myself!

Meg
Closed Thread