Old 11-21-2016, 06:09 PM   #76  

Afternoon all.

Annie – What else is left for your SIL to make after you make all that food - including the 4 pies! I’m glad you enjoyed the time with your SIL and your brother’s kids, and it’ll be nice that one of the kids will be at TG. And your NYE sounds wonderful as usual at your KY nephew’s place. ===Get well wishes to Royce. Poor little guy.

Happy – Glad you had an uneventful flight to Chicago. Nice family visiting. Is your mother now living with your sister full-time? If so, how’s it going? If not, when will the move happen? === I don’t recall the allergy shots I got in HS and college fully alleviating my symptoms, so I don’t intend to go back on them if I’ll still have to use meds to boot. On my current meds, I’m satisfied most of the time with how they work. === Yes, I’ll spend some time over the long weekend helping mom with more unpacking, but just a few hours a day for however many days I choose, maybe 2.

Hellos to the rest of you.
==
Went to my sister’s to pick up Mom’s car and our stuff yesterday afternoon. Of course the one thing I was looking forward to getting was not at my sister’s. It’ll turn up…unless my sister dropped off a sealed box to the thrift shop where she volunteers and my item was in the box. That’s unlikely.

Since my sister & BIL already had plans for Thanksgiving, they and bf and I will take mom out for a low-key early dinner on Wednesday and that will be her Thanksgiving. I get off work at 3:00 on Wednesday, so that should work out okay.

On Thursday, bf and I will be going to his brother’s house for TG dinner. As usual, there will be a bunch of the SIL’s side of the family there and it will be loud and chaotic and dinner will be late. I’m not thrilled with that, but bf likes to see his nieces. We’ll be driving his mom there and back, so I’m thinking it won’t be a long day since she can’t take too much of the noise and chaos.

Nothing much else to report, so I’ll get this posted.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:56 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I've been working on bills this afternoon. I will go pay my water bill tomorrow because I can't pay it online.
I hope Illinois will keep that white stuff up there. I'm really not ready for that.

----
Happy
I'm glad that you had a safe flight. And that you are getting to enjoy some family time.

Annie
Sorry to hear that Ross is sick. I've never eaten German food but would love to.

Laura
Your mom's car is not a boat. However, don't think I could park one that big anymore. Hope your mom can get through some more boxes this week. Sneaking a box every now and then wouldn't hurt. Maybe that's what your sis did!

Shad
Why are you taking the chairs apart? For cleaning or new seat cushions? My office chair need a new seat cushion. Maybe I will get to that soon. They have a butterfly garden either in Springfield or Branson that I want to go see.

Last edited by ceejay52; 11-21-2016 at 06:57 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:37 AM   #78  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey all...Today is my Friday! Yeah! Altho not sure I want to be home with sick lil man. He is doing better. We did get him to eat last night. Keeping the fluids going the biggest struggle. He wants milk, but nope creates too much flem and coughing. Got him on water and apple juice. Nurse practioner said it was a sinus infection, but I think it is more. I told Sam she would of had better results going to a Med Check rather than the doc's office. Anyway, doc put him on Augmentin.

Tomorrow is a vac day, only I think it will be more work than play. Hope to get my noodles made and all the pies made. Funny how I used to love to do all of this and now it all seems like a chore. Everything is a chore. Bleh.

Oh, DS got our new water heater in. It had been leaking for some time evidently. There was a bit of mold behind the water heater in the corner. Of course, we used mold be gone in that corner. i.e. BLEACH. All it good, no leaks and lots of hot water. He also fixed the kitchen sink. Wasn't the garbage disposal as we thought. The sprayer spicket was lost at the connections and was leaking. He tightened it until this weekend. We bought a new kitchen faucet and spicket he is going to put in. The old one is just gross and leaks round the spout when the water is on. Plus we got the brushed nickle to match all the door handles and the rest of the house. Don't know why all the door handles in this house are brushed nickle and the faucets are chrome. Doesn't make sense to me.

LAURA...yes I know it sounds like a lot of food I will be making. SIL is making the turkey, dressing, mashed potatos, sweet potatos, pies, and God knows what else. It is a lot of food, but she has more of her family that drops by later in the evening after their other TGs and eat our leftovers. Plus I take some of the ham and turkey home with me to make other meals. Probably too much food but it only happens once a year with the exception of Christmas. What kind of car does MIL have? How many miles? How much are you selling? Just curious due to Sam may need a new car soon, if she finds a job to buy one. <---sore subject don't wish to elaborate. Your box of "stuff" will turn up in the most unlikely places, nothing like seeing it on the thrift store shelf. lol.

HAPPY...so glad your flight was uneventful and you made it to your sister's house safely. Are you staying for one week or two? I can't remember which doesn't surprise me that I cannot. Remember patience is your friend while visiting. lol. Mom's can be a tough struggle. Hugs to you and your family.

CEEG...ugh, we can always count on bills coming in. We all really need to hit the lottery, big time.

Make it a great day/night. Hugs to all.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:31 PM   #79  

Morning all.

Ceejay – All the white stuff can stay way up north as far as I’m concerned – Minnesota, Canada, etc. Re my mom’s car – she couldn’t park that big thing either, as evidenced by the dings and scrapes on the bumper & fenders, LOL. == Springfield has a beautiful botanic garden, for which I bought my mother a membership a couple years ago. They have a tram tour of the garden so you can see it all without being on foot, and then you can go back on foot to the spots you want to explore. There’s also a Japanese garden that’s next door to the Botanic Garden, but it's a separate thing entirely. Also very nice. Something to look forward to in the spring!

Annie – Happy Friday to you! Hope you have a tall stool of some sort to use when you’re doing all that food prep tomorrow. If not, be sure to give your poor foot/ankle a rest periodically. === Is Med Check a clinic? I was very happy using the clinics at the pharmacies twice in the past month. I knew if I tried to see my doctor I wouldn’t get anything right away, and I likely wouldn’t even be seeing her, just another doctor in the practice. I was perfectly happy with the nurse practitioners I saw (I think that’s what they are). === Re my mom’s car, it’s a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis with maybe 26,000 miles. Good mechanical condition, and new tires installed just before it was driven from MO to IL. Please note, however, my comment to Ceejay re the body… Not sure if this is the kind of car S. would want… BF will be selling it, I’ll check with him about the pricing and let you know. === If you’re not back here over the weekend, have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and a fabulous long weekend.

Hellos to the rest of you!
==
Last night bf and I went to a township meeting that we thought was just informational about a property in our area owned by the township that they want to sell. Just out of curiosity. Turns out it was a presentation and then vote by the attendees (registered voters in the township) to authorize the township to sell or not sell the property. And there was a LOT of discussion and questions and complaining by the attendees and by the time we finally voted and got out of there, it was 9:00! We didn’t wait for the vote count because we’d had enough and were starving. I checked our local newspaper’s website this morning but there's no story posted yet, even though there was a reporter there last night. Whatever.

Turns out mom doesn’t want to do anything for Thanksgiving – just not important to her. And she’s been eating out a lot lately, so she’s worried about gaining weight. Oooookaaaaay.

My sister also reported that the item I was looking for at her place turned out to have gone to my mom’s place instead. It’s a pretty decorative wood-framed fireplace screen with painted panels that will look much nicer in front of our basement fireplace than the old ugly screen that’s down there now.

That’s about it for me, so I’ll get this posted. Everyone have a good day.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:41 PM   #80  
Annie - Indiana

Sci fi on one tv and spongebob on another. Shoot me now. Dinner done and cleaned up. Garbage disposal doesn't work. Replace or not get another. I am not fond of them anyway. Ok rant over. Sleep well or drink coffe or something.
Old 11-22-2016, 09:36 PM   #81  

Annie - I've heard garbage disposals are really a bad thing for the plumbing. We had one in the condo, but don't have one in the house & I've never missed it. I'm sure it'll be the same for you. --- Read a good book & sleep well sister.

Last edited by Laura705; 11-22-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:10 PM   #82  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Gloomy and chilly day here. We are staying in. Sister is doing our laundry - you don't mess with her on that. I told her she will be in for a rude awakening when she moves up north and cannot separate laundry into 14 small loads and dump all that water into a septic system! She said well then, she will enjoy it while she can. We are going to start prepping things for dinner tomorrow. She has the menu finalized and we have the schedule built because she only has one tiny oven. I might read one of her library books while I'm waiting to be called to service.

I have a garbage disposal but never put anything purposely down there. I mostly use it occasionally to chop the bits of food left over from dish washing. I too heard that it was not good and contributed to clogged plumbing.

Laura - I hope you find the fireplace screen. Figures that you will have to dig through boxes to sort and cart off to donation and you can't find the one thing you actually wanted! To your question, no my Mom is not full time living with my sister - we all sort of dread that day, including my Mom. She came here obviously to spend some time with me and wound up coming earlier than she originally planned because she had a doctor's appointment - my sister tries to make them out by her instead of in the inner city by my Mom. She hasn't said when she wants to head back home yet but when she gets ready, we will drop her off back home. I hear you on favoring a nice quiet dinner that is ON TIME I'm not keen on a houseful of people yapping either. Hope you can enjoy it and use BF's Mom as an excuse to cut the evening short.

Ceejay - I assume you will be going to your sister's place for Thanksgiving. Are you more north now than Osceola so will you see a bit more of winter weather or did you just go due west? Most of the winter hassles have to do with how well they maintain the roads.

Anne - I hear you girl about the chore part. There was some point in which the holidays I loved turned into one big chore I did not have time for. Now I have time, I am just not in the mood for all this festive stuff. Can't explain it. We have not traded gifts in years and years. I can't remember the last gift that DH gave me - must be over 20 years. We just got to the point if we wanted something we just up and got it since I'd ask for something and he'd get the wrong thing or I didn't understand the exact thing he was asking for with either the camera or guitar. Maybe we killed that holiday spirit ourselves. Anyway - I hope you get some pleasure out of your cooking and can enjoy a nice get together with your family. Is DS attending? I will be here for 2 weeks. Have decided that instead of running around and seeing a bunch of people, I am going to hang around here and spend family time instead. I always feel a twang of guilt asking my sister to take me here or there anyway even though I know she does not mind it. I seem to have misplaced my glasses for distance and driving so even though I would not ever be comfortable driving her new car, I wouldn't anyway. Not that I can navigate the south suburbs either - I came from up north myself.

Shad - hope the weather cooled and your mood lightened up. No further word from the doctors yet? I'd be so frustrated!

Sis announced it's time to start chopping and cutting so I'm going to sign off. Have a good Thanksgiving everyone or just a good Thursday for you Shad.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:18 AM   #83  

Height: 5'7"

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

I spent a bit of time just now reading all the posts that I have missed this week.

Still dealing with the computer hacking somewhat. We decided to bit the bullett and sign up with LifeLock to help us monitor things with our identies and things.

I am waiting for new debit cards and checks to arrive. It feels different using cash for everything. The worst part is that I have to get to the bank to get it as I cant use the ATM until the debit cards arrive.

We will spend today with our friends The Jarrells. We have done that for years. We each make a part of the dinner and desserts. We will eat at one and we will then watch movies, chat and nap.

That is all from here. I am postings from my phone.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 02:58 PM   #84  

Afternoon all. Wishing all of you a happy Thanksgiving/ Thursday.

Old 11-25-2016, 12:06 PM   #85  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. Ours was quiet and nice. We had a midday meal - turkey, brussel sprouts, glazed carrots, mashed potatoes, 2 kinds of stuffing, cranberry sauce. We had a nice meal and then watched a movie in the evening. We're dropping Mom off at my cousin's in a little while - Sis is not interested in staying there - plus she has a dog which bothers my sister's allergies. So we will pop our heads in and say hello and dash out.

Not into Black Friday shopping. As it is my suitcase was one pound less than the 50 pound max and ridiculous over charge. I did pick up a few new sweaters and may have to leave a few shirts with Mom so I don't want to get too much extra.

We're supposed to go to the gym and I think Sis is planning on starting the Christmas decorations. Maybe it will put me in the mood. Having a nice quiet visit. The weather here is making my knees ache more than usual so I'm not up for alot of excessive running around.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. Hope you all are enjoying a long weekend...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 02:50 PM   #86  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Sorry to be missing in action for a while. I have been busy trying to get the house and garden tidied up before I go to Adelaide for a few days. The DS1 is having an operation hopefully to stop him from snoring so loudly - we shall see. They have exhausted all other possibilities so it is surgery for him. I will be able to keep in touch with my phone and computer but it may not be too often. I am also taking down all the Christmas presents in case I don't get back before then. We are supposed to be having rain today - but I won't hold my breath. Like usual it probably won't happen.

I have heard from another hospital and have an appointment there on the 5th. What happens after that is anyone's guess. We just keep going forward until there is an answer one way or the other I guess. The appointment is early in the morning so there will be a mad rush through peak hour traffic again and then to find a park for the car and off we go for a run through the corridors to get to where we are going. It's a much bigger hospital than the previous one.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you lovely people. Hope you have all had a great day.

Happy - Glad you had a good time with family. Sounds like you had a nice menu going there - apart from the Brussel sprouts!
Laura - guess this part of the post disappeared. I will do better next time Laura

Susie - There is a lot of work to be done dealing with hackers and then you seem to be looking for breaches for the rest of your days. Wouldn't it be nice if more people were honest?

Annie - Garbage disposals (or insinkerators as they are called over here) are illegal in several states of Aus. They are great polluters of waterways and sewage systems and for the life of me, I can't work out how they would work with a septic system. Hope the little one is getting better. Keep those fluids up and flush the crap out of his poor little system.

Ceejay - Will you get snow where you are living now? That will be a bit of a change for you won't it?

It's early morning here and we are supposed to get rain so I might just hop off here and get out to finish off the vege patch. I dug over one bed last night and pulled out half a bowl full of potatoes. I chucked out the beans - apart from keeping some of the seeds. It's too hot now to put in anything else. So I will fertilise the bed and mulch it heavily and leave it until next year to plant anything new. I am looking at my trip overseas in April/May next year but can't book anything yet until I know what is happening healthwise. I hate being in limbo like this.

Last edited by Shad; 11-26-2016 at 04:57 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 11:03 AM   #87  

Morning all. After some dreary days, we've got some sun this morning. Needed that.

Shad - Safe travels to Adelaide. I hope the surgery for DS1 is a success -if he also has sleep apnea with the snoring, it's a horrible health issue. I hope you can get answers for your situation with the next appointment.

Happy - Sounds like a nice holiday for you. I would have enjoyed the quiet... == The fireplace screen was delivered to my mom's place, so I'll probably be over there today to help with some unpacking & I'll take home the screen.

Susie - I don't know how much a life lock subscription costs, but if it brings you peace of mind, it would be well worth it after going through what you did.

Hellos to Ceejay & Annie.

÷÷÷
Thanksgiving at bf's brother's place was fine, but loud as usual. Right before we left, two of the younger kids got hold of a pair of scissors and the boy began to cut his girl cousin's hair. Yikes! Thank goodness no one got hurt. But those kinds of things happen when the parents are too busy with the football game and beer and expect others to keep an eye on the kids.

Yesterday it was dreary, but not very cold, so I got out in the yard to do more cleanup. Filled up the giant bin with yard waste and got it out to the curb before the guys came to pick it up. Perennials only save the work of planting every year, but they still require the cleanup...

Now my right hand has that carpal tunnel feeling after using the pruners a lot yesterday. Bleh.

Didn't do much else yesterday except boil a dozen eggs and move the drop-leaf table into position in the 3-season room. Much more compact than the old round one. I moved two of the chairs from the old table's set to the basement & left two with the dropleaf. Not that anyone'll be sitting out there now that it's cold. And they totally don't go with each other. I might just move those chairs downstairs too. The old table is still there until I get bf to help move it to the basement. Not heavy at all, just awkward to move through doorways and stairwells.

Bf wrote an ad for mom's car yesterday and it's in Craigslist now. He's gotten a couple calls already this morning so I hope it sells quickly.

That's all for me. I'll get this posted and then get cleaned up and dressed and go to mom's to unpack a few more boxes. Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

Last edited by Laura705; 11-26-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-26-2016, 11:51 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. We had our big celebration yesterday. Their was sore throats and laryngitis going on but I didn't stay around those people. However, I do have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday for a wellness check.
Need to call my nephew to come and get his daughters diary. She is 6 but can print very well and almost do cursive I'm closer to him than his mom. The 6 year old was getting sick with a sore throat last night, and she wanted me to baby her. ugh
My sister is coming to my house to go to the gym with me this afternoon. They have their 3 year old grand daughter this week end. She is precious.

Happy and Shad
I'm in South East Missouri and their weather is a bit different here. They do have more snow than where I lived in Arkansas. This morning when I came home from my sisters house in Ash Grove, MO there was fog which had frozen on the tree's and brush on the sides of the highway. Wish I could have stopped and made a picture. The good thing is that I don't have to get out of the house if I don't need to. I will try to get in plenty of supplies before a snow comes.

Laura
Our garbage pick is today. It's been to cold for me to do yard work. I need to get up some leaves. It's okay to mix and match furniture now a days. Hope your moms car will sell soon.

Susie
Your holiday sounded nice. Always good to be with someone.

Annie
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 05:18 PM   #89  
Annie - Indiana

Hi ladies. TG was wonderful. Great food and coming any. We played board games and some others. Laughed our butts off. What fun. Both little guys have the Tucker's now. Not on antibiotics.

DShas now put in a new water heater, kitchen faucet, garbage disposal and repaired the dishwasher. C replaced the handle to the toitie. What an expensive week this has been. Bright side. No labor costs.

Saw the movie "Moana". Not that great imo. Bro. SIL. DD DS and I slept through part of it. Jacob watched the entire movie and loved it. Adults not so much

Glad your TGs were great!

Love and hugs.
Old 11-28-2016, 07:40 AM   #90  
Annie - Indiana

Geez just read my post from phone above. Great company and yuckers on the boys. Not coming and tuckers. lol.

Yesterday was busy....Church, lunch, shopping, more shopping, dinner and bed. Kind of on the move all day. WHew five days off and now have to reorganize myself here at work. bleh.

Love and hugs to all.