Old 08-10-2016, 08:11 AM   #16  

Good morning gals. Busy busy yesterday so never did get in here. It is so humid again this morning that I don't even get a chance to let the AC "rest" for a bit. I am sure it is peeved at me.

We got our chairs and we love them. It took the guys about 5 minutes to haul them in and put the backs on. They were pretty funny guys and very nice. At least Jack was home to help make sure the couches were pushed out of the way until they get picked up on Saturday. I will be glad when they are gone and we have more room. Our tables should be here today, but Jack may wait to put them together since space is limited anyway. We bought them and the lamps at Wayfair so we shall see how well made they are.

Jack had to go in yesterday morning and have an EKG at his cardiologist before they would sign off on his surgery. He got in early and was home early and said it is all a go now as soon as the stuff is faxed over to the surgeon's office he can get a surgery date. I have the next three Tuesdays scheduled for my eyes. The first one is the regular doctor to get a referral then they make you do two appointments at the eye center before they schedule the surgery. I don't know why, but they do. Then that same week I will have a hair appointment on Thursday. So, I hope we can put Jack in there somewhere as I hate to have to rearrange all these appointments if I don't have to. I have already done the eye center twice!

Here is a baby hat I made last night for my great nieces baby that is due in March. She lives up north in Indy so thought the baby would need a warm hat to come home from the hospital. It was my first try at doing cables.

Jean: Geez I guess it's a good thing Bob doesn't fish for a living or your guys would be in trouble! I am having to learn to adjust to this chair. My adenoids were swollen last night so had to come down and get into the recliner. It took me awhile to get to sleep and I woke up with one heck of a sinus headache. I took some Tylenol and that is better, but I am kind of stiff. These are overstuffed chairs and I am not sure I am used to the "lumps" yet. My little table where I put all my stuff is a mess and I have to clean it up this morning. I ordered a chest to put the stuff all in and then it will go on the end table. Right now it is a big mess and I am using storage containers to hold my stuff. Hope you can get out of the gift shop mess soon.

Everyone have a great day. I am off to block the hat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saras baby.jpg (30.9 KB, 2 views)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:22 PM   #17  

Good Afternoon! It's a 95 degree hot day here in my corner of the world, and the wind is blowing. There is a severe thunderstorm watch in effect until midnight. I ran some errands this morning, went to lunch bunch at noon, then braved WM after lunch. I should know better than to go there in the afternoon and especially when mothers and kids are school shopping. I must say they had more than one check out open. Bob is moving tractors for an old Iowa made machinery showing this weekend.

"Gma," Hope Jack's appointments, and all of yours, will mesh and you don't have to change anything. I have my mammogram, bone density, lab work and physical, dentist appointment coming up, plus having to bake cookies for a meeting on Monday. I'm glad you like your new chairs. I have been known to move to the recliner in the middle of the night. The baby hat is beautiful, and such a pretty color. Are you making booties this time?

Guess I should be thinking about something for supper. Hope you all enjoy a nice evening!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:47 AM   #18  

Good morning to you all. Gosh it is sure hot here this early this morning. I am ready for a little fall temps. Not cold, but certainly cooler and a drop in the humidity.

Still waiting to hear from the surgeon. Jack is giving them until Friday as the lady at his cardiologist said the letter was ready and since his ekg came out fine she would fax them over the same day. The have a nitwit in the surgeon's office. He had to call them about everything to begin with. She tried to say the fax got lost in cyberspace, but the machine would have said if it didn't transmit. DUH! The little bimbo didn't even send it in the first place so it is holding everything up.

I have to do all this stuff before my appointments. I have to put dry eye drops in my eyes 4 times a day until my appointment, quit wearing my contacts starting next week and I have pages and pages of stuff to fill out. At least they sent the stuff early so I didn't have to sit and fit it out at the dr's office.

I have nails and a bit of shopping this morning then my waxing appointment is this afternoon.

We got our tables yesterday but they will stay in the box until we can get rid of these couches on Saturday. I will be glad to have the stuff gone. They haven't shipped the loveseat yet, but everything but the clock has shipped. I got my box yesterday, but it isn't as big as the measurements said for sure. They counted the lid as space and you can't stick anything in the lid for heaven's sake. It is curved and deep. So, I just went ahead and ordered some baskets to put my stuff in. I ordered a set of three candles. They are battery operated led ones with no fragrance. I just bought them to put on the mantle with this vase Jack bought me 30 years ago. I am keeping the box anyway. It will be interesting to see what the candles are like.

Jean: No booties this time as I don't know what she is having. I am just making a lacier blanket and the hat. I always am on the fence about stuff like this. I know I am old fashioned thinking but I don't believe you should be having sex before marriage. This gal had a thug boyfriend that beat her up and stuff and got her hooked on drugs, which got her arrested. They finally got her cleaned up and on the straight and narrow and she had a new boyfriend and is pregnant by him. They have no plans to marry. The one I just sent is unmarried too though they are engaged. He has children by three different women and is you know what. I make the stuff and do give it with love, but I also think it sends a message that I think it is ok, which I don't. I just have to stick my objections in the back of my mind and go on. The wedding blanket I am making is her sister's and she has been living with her boyfriend for about 8 years. My kids did the same thing, though at least they had brains enough not to get pregnant beforehand. I was spitting mad at the commissary last Sunday. They had a line snaked out towards the frozen food and one check out and it was the express lane, which meant you had to take your groceries out yourself. I just wish we had a really nice grocery store here. I hate Krogers and I hate WM and except for ethnic places and places like Whole Foods that is it. Seems stupid in a town this size. We do have a super Target, but their stock isn't big enough IMO.

Well gals, I need to go and get a shower so I can leave around 8:30. Have a good day today.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:07 PM   #19  

Good Morning! Today is Maddy's 13th birthday. She is my kind hearted, loving granddaughter! I can't believe how fast the time flies by. It is thundering and pouring rain in my neighborhood right now. We need a gentle rain, not a heavy downpour; my flowers are all mushed apart! I've been to the post office already this morning. I ordered two tops from LL Bean and didn't read the one description carefully enough. "Tunic" should have told me it would be way too long on me, and it was. I usually keep the paperwork until my credit card bill comes, but this time I must have thrown it away. The nice customer service lady said if I had the plastic bag it came in they could trace the order, and told me about going online to get the return form. They were going to deduct $6.50 from my credit if I used their return label. I decided to take a chance on the USPS, and it only cost me $3.50! Now I need to decide on cookie recipes for Monday. Am I brave enough to try a new recipe? I will have to decide in a few minutes!

"Gma," don't you just hate waiting for people to call back? It's not like one doesn't have anything else to do. I have the battery operated candles and really like them. The gift shop sells scented ones but they are quite pricey. I hope all your things arrive in great shape. Our kids lived together before they got married too. Amanda and Jason asked our "permission" but she had a ring and a wedding date set. Amanda was working full time and taking massage therapy classes at night, and Jason was working part-time and taking a full class load in school so they never had much time together. I think Beth thought by them living together we would come to know and like Will better; Maddy was on the way so I was relieved we didn't have to plan a quick wedding in the mix. I never would have considered living together, let alone ask/tell my parents. Times have changed, and not always for the better.

The sun is trying to peek through and the rain has quit. It's supposed to get into the 90s again today. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Thursday!
Old 08-12-2016, 07:28 AM   #20  

Good morning to you all. Another hot one in the mix for us today. I am really ready for a bit cooler weather.

Well, I am in glasses now until my cataract surgery. I have started those drops and for some reason having my contacts in made my eyes feel strained so I just took them out. I can deal with the glasses I guess.

I got my nails done yesterday and the waxing done later in the day. My waxing lady said her son is having a baby with his girlfriend and wanted to know if I would make something. I told her I was pretty busy but then called the store and ask them to have her text me that I would do it for him for Christmas. The baby is due in Sept! People think you can just whip up a blanket overnight I guess. Anyway, I never heard from her (don't know if she even got the message) so I went ahead and ordered the yarn and the pattern for the booties (they are little basketball shoes as they are having a boy,) and will start them as soon as I get my niece's stuff done. I am just going to give them to her for free instead of tipping her for Christmas I think. The yarn and pattern cost me about $20 so it's not a huge amount out of my pocket.

I am excited about going to see the Jersey Boys show. We are 4th row back, which is nice. I like sitting on the aisle, but at this point he couldn't get aisle seats I guess. Like I said, his bday present is a trip to Cincinnati to see the Cubs play in October. It is over the weekend and not that far away to just drive over there for the weekend and come back.

Jean: We are still waiting to hear from that doctor. It irks me it is always about them and not the patient. His hand is getting more and more painful and harder and harder to do things without the shooting pain so I hope they get going on this. Happy Birthday to Maddie! They sure do grow up so very fast. I like Land's End because they have a great guarantee. I bought a pair of sandals there once and had them about a year and they came apart and they took them back! I had worn them a lot and I called them because I couldn't find them on their website to buy more and she just replaced them! They are a good company. I am not that tall, but I wear tunics as much as I can. My surgical scars are all deep enough that with knit pants and such you can see them through the fabric so I wear a shaper to help with that when I can and buy longer tops.

Everyone have a good weekend. Commissary for us this weekend and Jack wants to drop off the Mariner to get the oil changed.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:49 PM   #21  

Good Afternoon! It's sunny and humid in my neighborhood today! I baked another batch of cookies this afternoon and am taking a break before I do the dishes. Baking cookies is work! Guess we are going to the lake tomorrow. Beth and the kids are planning to come; Jason is going to a family reunion on Amanda's side, so we won't see them. That's not his idea of fun.

"Gma," it's nice of you to knit something for your waxing lady's new grandson. I've said it before, but people who don't knit, crochet, sew, etc., have no idea the time involved in planning, buying, and making. I hope Jack's surgeon has called by the time you read this. Waiting is the worst part, especially when he is in pain. We have booked the cruise for February. I am more excited now that we've seen pictures from other cruises that the one couple has been on. This is their 9th cruise, and 4th one for the other couple.

The dish fairy hasn't shown up so guess I will have to do the dishes myself. Hope you all enjoy a nice weekend!
Old 08-13-2016, 12:58 PM   #22  

Good Morning! It's a beautiful day at the cabin! There is sunshine, no wind, low humidity, and 75 degrees. Of course it could all change within an hour! I brought my library book along, plus the information for a P.E.O. report I have to give on Monday. We are giving reports on well known people from our county. The guy I have was a "famous" opera conductor. After Google, and digging through old yearbooks at the historical museum, I kept finding the name of a retired optometrist who lives up the street from us, but never the guy I was looking for. I called the neighbor, and he didn't remember the name but knew he wasn't a classmate. The most interesting piece of information was that at the time, 1936, there were 16 high schools in our small county. I can't pronounce most of the opera names, nor were there any survivors listed in his obituary, so my talk will be short and sweet. The next two weeks have a commitment of some sort every day. I like to be busy but not quite so busy. Just so I don't forget to check the calendar!

Hope you all are enjoying a special day and can do something you enjoy!
Old 08-14-2016, 07:49 AM   #23  

Good morning. Sorry I never got in here. We had the Salvation Army guys here to pick up furniture, then we headed out to do errands. WM was a total zoo in the afternoon and I am never doing that again. We had to go out to the mall and return those shoes and had to park way back. We came home and put stuff away and watched the Cubs game. I was so achy and tired I went to bed early. They've been saying rain for days and yesterday it was dark and cloudy but nothing.

Jack is going to put together my tables and lamps on Monday. I love my no wax candles. My clock is on backorder until Oct but I am going to put up my Salvadoe Dali painting even though we haven't painted yet. My loveseat will be here Wed. along with a couple more decorative assessories. Here is a picture of the bootie pattern. I hope they aren't as difficult as the ballet shoes were!

Jean: Jack called on Friday but got VM and it was full so he'll call Monday. If this was their family they'd be johnny on the spot to get it going. I have my reg dr appt to ge my referral and don't plan on messing around so hopefully he will just talk to mr etc and I'm good to go. Hopefully your report goes well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (36.0 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by gma22; 08-14-2016 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:33 AM   #24  

Good morning, ladies! Another day in the high 90s and well over 100 with the heat index. Maybe rain during the week. I hope so.

I have quilting groups Tuesday and Wednesday evening this week. Going to the Y for Water Aerobics and Yoga M-W-F and Strength Training and SilverSneakers T-TH.

Donna, the booties are so cute! You may never need your contacts again after cataract surgery. I hope Jack gets his surgery date soon. You will have to post a picture of your new living room after everything is in. I only go to WM early in the am.

Jean, we have the water but no breeze. Algae is always a problem in July and August and this year is no exception. People are complaining about the taste. I have a filter on my faucet and also a Britta pitcher so I don't notice it. Some of the beaches have been closed for high bacteria counts. I saw a new yoga class being offered - on a paddle board no less. I wonder if anyone showed up for the free intro.

Have a wonderful day.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:43 PM   #25  

Good Afternoon! It's another gorgeous day in my neighborhood today! I could take this weather until Christmas! Went to church this morning and enjoyed the "special" music which was our bell choir director and another music teacher playing a hand bell duet along with the piano. Lots of bells on the table, and they were good! We had a lay pastor speak because our pastor had surgery midweek and not quite up to par yet. She was was good but she talked a long time! I was in charge of locking up the offering so was later than usual coming home. I've been doing laundry and getting things ready to go for tomorrow.

"Gma," the booties are so cute! They just look snuggly and warm. If I were Jack I would be camped on somebody's doorstep to get things moving. The older I get the less patience I have. I know doctors are busy but think it is just plain rude to not acknowledge a patient they know is anxiously waiting for surgery. Hopefully your clock will arrive before October.

Susan, I have a fund raiser to go to Wednesday night. It's called Poker Night but is a variety of different games. I'm going mainly to learn how to play mahjong; I play all the time on the iPad but have never played the board game. There is a group that plays regularly but some go south for the winter so they are always looking for subs. I have watched the paddle boards at the lake and think I would have to sit on one. I'd probably break something trying to stand let alone exercise.

The dryer is buzzing so have towels to fold and put away. Enjoy your evening, we have pretty much watched the Olympics all week.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:11 AM   #26  

Good morning gals. It isn't too bad this morning, but who knows by this afternoon.

We did commissary shopping yesterday and for once got right through. They actually had more than one cashier. We came home and put everything away then had to wait to go and pick up the Mariner.

Susan: Sounds like you have a busy week. I just hope after all the initial appointments I can get in and have it done soon. How much time is there between the first eye and them doing the second one?

Jean: I am pretty fed up all the way around with this doctor's office. They have nitwit working there and obviously no one takes her place when she isn't there.

I am trying to get a charge cleared up with Wayfair so I need to go. Everyone have a good day.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:50 PM   #27  

Good Evening! It's been another nice day in my corner of the world, and a busy one for me. We balanced on the first try at church and my figures balanced the first time too. I was done and out the door by 9 which is unusual. The gift shop had a grand total of $5.50 cash and a check for $10.00 to deposit. I told the gal at the bank I hoped she could count that high before she opened the bag. I go to the drive up so see the same gals every week. I went to the meeting after lunch; I went early enough to set up chairs and put cookies, mixed nuts, and bridge mix candy on the serving table. The hostess has a home on the lake so enjoyed the view. My short talk went well so I'm glad that's done. Came home to finish the gift shop paperwork and write checks. Tomorrow is a mammogram and bone density in the morning. I have got to vacuum before the fur becomes the carpet!

"Gma," sometimes putting groceries away is more work than the shopping. Wish we didn't have to do either one! Your nicknames for people always make me ! I have seen the Wayfair ads on FB but have never bought anything from them. I saw where Macys is closing several stores. I also read where online shopping has cut into the retail businesses a lot. I know I do more online shopping than I used to.

I need to unload the dishwasher and iron a dress shirt for Bob. He is ushering for a funeral tomorrow. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Tuesday tomorrow!

Last edited by Jean; 08-15-2016 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:21 AM   #28  

Good morning, ladies! Hot and humid in the high 90s once again.

Strength training and SilverSneakers this morning and bee tonight so a fun day.

Donna, my cataract surgeries were 3 weeks apart. 2-3 weeks is the norm. I had the Christmas holiday in there so I think that's why it ended up being 2 weeks. Be sure to have them take the lens out of the glasses for the eye they fix. It's a weird thing having one eye normal and the other not. I forgot to take my glasses the day after surgery and went a week covering up one eye or the other trying to see. My doctor doesn't patch the eye after surgery but Sandy's did. The next day you have to go in to be checked. They told me to have a driver but if I couldn't get anyone, I could drive carefully. As I said before, the drops are a pain before and after surgery.

Jean, we have a senior center here and they play Majhongg. I like it, too. I just can't add any more to my schedule.

Have a great day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:37 AM   #29  

Good morning to you gals. We have ongoing rain since yesterday morning. I imagine the farmers are all glad as we have had several days with no rain and high heat.

I have the regular doctor appt today to get my referral and I hope I don't have to jump through hoops. I have never seen this doctor before but he is a resident so who knows? I just want to go in, say I want a referral for cataract surgery and be done with it. I don't need an exam or tests or other bologna. I will get that all done the end of the year.

Jack still can't get ahold of the doctor. He called the main number and they told him he has to talk to her and they transferred him. He said the phone said she couldn't take the call and he couldn't leave a message and it hung up. They don't call him in the next couple days I am going to make him go out there and demand to know what is going on. This is ridiculous. Either you have someone that works there or you don't.

Susan: Thanks for all the info. The drops are a big pain as they want me to put them in 4 times a day and I usually run out of day before I get the 4th set in. I like mahjong but sure wish they had a Euchre group down here as I would love to be part of that. I can play Gin Rummy and was invited to a lady who is getting a group up, but I prefer to play it online.

Jean: My mammo is in November and at least I can just have the screening this time instead of the long diagnostic one. There's not all that waiting around and such like there is with the diagnostic and last year the doctor that read it said I could go back to screenings. I've never had a bone density test though. It took awhile, but the gal on chat was very nice and they finally removed the bill on my account. I copy and pasted the line item from my credit card that showed it had been paid and her manager just said to have to finance department remove it. I did notice this morning that the payment for my furniture dropped off so have never had that happen with retail purchases. I have had it happen with things like hotel authorizations, but never a retail purchase. Not my problem. They can figure it out I am sure.

Everyone have a great day.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:03 PM   #30  

Good Evening! It's been another nice day in my neighborhood, but windy. The humidity has returned and the air conditioner is humming away. I spent some time at the hospital this morning; the mammogram and bone density went fast. I had just sat down and picked up a good magazine when it was my turn to go in. Afterwards I met with the gift shop buyer to figure out an order that was back ordered in March and we just got it. We didn't get an invoice, just a packing slip, which added to the confusion. We have boxes stacked all over the coffee shop, the volunteer director's office, and we can't even get into the store room now. Christmas orders are arriving which doesn't help either. After lunch I ran a couple errands and stopped by Bob's office. The gal he has been mentoring is pregnant and had ultrasound pictures of the baby. That was fun to see the video. Modern medicine!

Susan, I know you are enjoying being with your friends and quilting tonight. It has got to cool down sooner or later. I am just so thankful we don't have the awful flooding that is going on in Louisiana. Devastating!

"Gma," I hope you got your referral today. I've had several bone density screenings because I took HRT for a long time and then the bone drug they decided caused bone fractures with no warning. The screening is very easy and simple, just lay on the table. If your pants have a zipper you have to unzip it but that's it. I got an email from L L Bean yesterday saying they received my package and processing the credit. That was fast; I was surprised. Glad you got your problem fixed.

So far the Olympics are kind of boring tonight, I felt bad when Simone stumbled last night. Evidently Gabby has been criticized for negative facial expressions while watching the others perform. I wish the media would keep their opinions to themselves! I have dishes to put away and need to decide what I'm wearing tomorrow -- nails first and tomorrow night is Game Night! Hope you all enjoy a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow!