3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Managing a High Stress Job (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/310229-managing-high-stress-job.html)

JesikaBeth 06-27-2016 02:25 PM

Managing a High Stress Job

Just curious how you all manage high stress jobs and staying on track with healthy eating, exercise, and overall self care.

I'm having one of THOSE days today :(

Misti in Seattle 06-27-2016 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesikaBeth (Post 5267378)
Just curious how you all manage high stress jobs and staying on track with healthy eating, exercise, and overall self care.

I'm having one of THOSE days today :(

Oh can I ever relate! :rofl:

At work I make sure I take a healthful breakfast and lunch (I work a very early shift so eat both at work.) I also take snacks of fresh fruit and veggies and keep a jar of nuts in my desk so there is always something healthful (of course I have to be careful with the nuts).

I shop at our local organic grocery store (PCC) and buy a lot of my food off of their hot deli, soup and salad bar. I am single so I can get by with that; would be harder if you have to cook for a family.

I find that I pretty much have to exercise immediately after I get off work and before I go home and get all crashed out, or I won't do it.

The only way I can do it is to just make the decision that I am GOING to do it whether or not I feel "motivated" (a feeling, and our feelings are very fickle).

What type of plan are you on... eating and exercise?

I wish you every success

:dance:

JesikaBeth 06-28-2016 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle (Post 5267436)
Oh can I ever relate! :rofl:

At work I make sure I take a healthful breakfast and lunch (I work a very early shift so eat both at work.) I also take snacks of fresh fruit and veggies and keep a jar of nuts in my desk so there is always something healthful (of course I have to be careful with the nuts).

I shop at our local organic grocery store (PCC) and buy a lot of my food off of their hot deli, soup and salad bar. I am single so I can get by with that; would be harder if you have to cook for a family.

I find that I pretty much have to exercise immediately after I get off work and before I go home and get all crashed out, or I won't do it.

The only way I can do it is to just make the decision that I am GOING to do it whether or not I feel "motivated" (a feeling, and our feelings are very fickle).

What type of plan are you on... eating and exercise?

I wish you every success

:dance:

Hi There, thank you for your reply. You see, I have a job with varying hours. M & W I work 12 hour shifts - 9am to 9pm, but I have an hour and a half commute give or take, so I cannot go to the gym before work, and when I get home at 10:30pm the gym is closed. Then on Tu & Th I work 8am to 3pm, which I could go to the gym after work, but to be honest I haven't made it a priority. I really do need to though.

I'm actually still losing weight not going to the gym. I'm diabetic, so I follow a lower carb lifestyle (around 80 ish carbs per day). I am also mindful of my caloric intake, and assume I eat around 1500 calories a day, but I do not calorie count.

I honestly do miss working out. But often I'm just so dang tired :dizzy: