Old 06-12-2016, 12:44 PM   #31  

Good Afternoon! It's humid and hot in my neighborhood today! The air conditioner is still humming away. We spent a 12 hour day, yesterday, on the road and at Ian's game. The ball fields are in a very nice park with shade trees scattered around the field where we were. Someone thought ahead on that planning. It was very hot with a breeze blowing which helped. Ian's team won by 1 point in overtime, against the same team they beat by a 1 point thriller earlier in the season. Ian had several good plays (player outs) in the outfield; I am amazed at how fast he runs and how far he can throw the ball. I felt sorry for the kids with it being so hot; it was 101 when we left town at 6:30. I sure have no "get up and go" today!

Susan, we don't get the Parade magazine in our paper any more. Thanks for sharing the link! Cleaning carpets is a good job for a cooler day. We need to do that too.

"Gma," safe travels back home today.

Maggie, what are you up to today?

Hope you all enjoy a relaxing day.

Last edited by Jean; 06-12-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:57 AM   #32  

Good morning everyone. Hot and very humid here today. It must have rained in our part of town yesterday because everything was wet when we pulled in. We unloaded and went and got dinner and came home and crashed. I am now sick but and not sure if it is allergies or something else. I have a sore throat, cough but not congestion, sneezing and watery eyes. I took allergy meds last evening and one this morning but don't feel a bit better. I have almost everything put away except the laundry from the trip and the last two loads are in washer and dryer so I can put them away when I go upstairs this evening.

Our trip was ok but it was so hot you couldn't enjoy yourself. Like I said on FB I only lasted until 5th inning then had to go below and sit. We left during 7th inning. Thank goodness for their courtesy carts and wheelchair service. If you park in handicap a golf cart picks you up and takes you to the gate then a wheelchair service takes you to your seat. You are given a ticket to call to come pick you up and they reverse the process.

Both hotels were being renovated so that was a mess but our rooms were nice. I won't stay at the one in Nashville again though. I pitched a fit when we left because the prices were high and we had a lot of problems. The general manager was there and I gave him an earful. At least the Cubs won!!

I will do replies tomorrow.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote