Old 03-25-2016, 06:03 PM   #106  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend! I'm sorry I haven't been around. Between work and then working out, I don't get home most nights until after 8 pm...and then I have to fix dinner and shower...and then I’m exhausted and I try to get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm.

I’ve been having challenges managing my asthma while running, so my doc is putting me on a new inhaler which I’ll pick up tomorrow. I’ve been trying to do run/walk/run intervals of 60 seconds running followed by 60 seconds of walking, and I end up out of breath so the 60 seconds of walking isn’t enough of a recovery. This weekend during my training run, I’m going to try and do 30 seconds running/30 seconds walking and see if that helps my asthma. If not, then I’ll increase the walking time to 45 seconds. During my 1/2 marathon which is just 6 weeks away, I have to average a 16 minute mile. I haven’t done a training run longer than 6 miles, so I have to build up my endurance so I can go further and go faster.

So this has been my complete focus…trying to find ways to get fitter, move faster, and the hardest part….trying to keep myself from freaking out thinking that I might not finish the race.

I’m taking today off from working out. Going to take Santa to a doggie play date and then go home and veg out in front of the TV.

Tomorrow is a training run, followed by strength training with my trainer, followed by a visit to my step-mom. She’s been out of town so I haven’t seen her in weeks. The rest of tomorrow and all day sunday will be laundry, cleaning, shopping and cooking…..and vegging out.

I hope you all are doing well.

With much love and big hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:18 PM   #107  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Suggestion for an April thread title: "No Foolin'! The Worldlies are going to have an awesome April!"
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:54 AM   #108  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Friends!

As usual busy here, but having some fun too! Thursday night I missed TOPS again (no weigh-in for 2 weeks, YIKES!! but I have been watching on the scale at home) because my 8 year old niece was invited to play the All Star Basketball game for the league she has been playing in this winter. Usually you have to be in 4th grade and up to 6th before you play in this game but they choose her anyway due to her talents!

She was so excited and played her heart out. She did have 10 points and their team one.

Yesterday we were off work and did a little shoe shopping for DH. We met a friend and went to the movies and saw "Risen". I had been wanting to see it and I thought what a better day to do go that than Good Friday. I thought it was very good. We also had dinner out with our friend. It was a bit pricey but hey..that is what OT is for isn't it?!

Today, I'm trying to get some laundry done, clean the bathroom and straightening the house a bit. We have a surprise b-day party to attend in Columbus for my cousin's boy-friend--he is turning 40. It will take us about 1 hr and 15 min to get there, so that takes a lot of time out of the day to get stuff done. However, I'm trying to be more laid back these days, so I'm not stressing about what I can't do but rather what I can, and on that drive, I'm taking a new book to read as I can't seem to sit myself down and read right now. But I will have the time then.

Laura: How nice that you got a surprise early release at work! I hope the sun shine lasted for a bit after you got to leave work. We have had a lot of rain this past week as well and it gets really dreary after a couple of days.

Somewhere I missed the story of what was going on with your BF and his mom and his siblings. It sounds like he has a good plan going forward for her that includes not relaying on unreliable people. Very smart of him. It's not worth taking on the drama of dealing with people whose actions you can't control.

Sorry to hear the dryer had some dents and had to be returned; I would have done the same thing. Hopefully it won't take a long to get a new delivery. Nice to hear you still had the old dryer as backup.

That was a funny story about your workout!!

Anne: Congrats on that raise!!!! and the fact that you were in the top percent of those who got it....your hard work has paid off.

What a crazy story about that back-up nail tech you had rescheduled with! and I am with you, if I were her, I would have beat the husband.

Nice to hear the stomach pouch is shrinking.....you will get that 22 lb off, just keep it as a priority.

Happy: Sorry to hear about the hot tub. I agree, why does everything have to be so complicated?! Did you get it straightened out? It sounds like you are going 75 mph these days! How did things go at WW?

Michele: You are a busy gal! It sounds like you have a great plan in place to be able to finish that race...keep your eye on that finish line! That is your priority in your free time right now. It's going to be so worth it when you cross over that finish line! I keep thinking about how sometimes when I am in a meeting or at on offsite, they will say, tell us something interesting about yourself....you will be able to say, Hi, I'm Michele and in 2016 I ran my first half marathon and completed the Disney Tinkerbell run! and I know you will have a big smile on your face!!!

Dee: it was nice to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your hand and the insurance issues. Pop in when you can...we miss you and think about you. I'll be praying for healing for your hand and that you find a good alternate doctor and physical therapy.

Hi to Ceejay and to Shad!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:51 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Default 3/16

Hello from my phone. Got to Branson on Thursday. Now I'm in Ash Grove. I did open a bank account so that's a relief.
I'll do more when I'm back to my computer.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 03:51 PM   #110  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi everyone,

Just spent an hour typing a post and when I tried to apply it, it said I wasn't logged in. When I back paged, I got a blank space. This is getting really annoying.

I have to get ready as we are going out tonight so I don't have time to retype. Maybe tonight if we don't get back too late.

If I don't - have a Happy Easter everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:04 AM   #111  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I know I posted here this morning. Where did it go? WTH
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 04:32 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Default 3/27/16

We had a good church service this morning. Then home to my sisters and ate lunch with the family. Didn't realize how big her family has grown. Laughter from the kiddos was a little loud for me but did not mind. It was good for my soul. More later as Im on my phone.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:03 AM   #113  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!

What a beautiful day it was yesterday. It was sunny and 76, OMGoodness, lovely. House open, dogs barking, birds chirping, just beautiful! Fixed a ham, greenbeans, whole baby carrots, angeled eggs, all rotten (augratin potatoes), angel food cake with cream cheese icing and only my brother Michael and wife, Pia came over for dinner last evening. My kids all opted to go to the SO families. Bleh on them. I sent a complete meal home with my brother, and we have enough for our dinner tonight.

Will come back with personals...Monday it is!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:00 AM   #114  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

We had a nice, quiet Easter. Went to a brunch early. I insist that we get dressed up for certain holidays and occasions so DH reluctantly put on a dress shirt and pants I was very pleased to find that my dress pants were loose on me as was a new blouse I bought last year that was a bit snug when I purchased it. It was such a good feeling that I did not even think about overdoing it at the buffet today. We go to that restaurant a lot and they had many of their more popular menu items (baked chicken, baked haddock fish, prime rib and their popular salads). They also had breakfast items like scrambled eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy, waffles and french toast. There was enough healthy stuff to pick from so no problem. I had prime rib, a piece of fish, California blend veggies - steamed cauliflower, carrots and broccoli which are very popular and a favorite salad. I had a bit of the breakfast stuff but it was not that good so I left on the plate what I did not think deserved a second taste. I did have some of the macaroni and cheese which was delicious but only a small spoonful. They had a dessert table with cream pies, brownies, angel food cake, bread pudding and cookies. I had a small cup of vanilla ice cream with some strawberries on it and enjoyed it. Oh and I had a mimosa too (orange juice & champagne). We ate early at 11 and left just as the church crowds were coming in. Came home and after an hour or so I got a really bad headache - not sure if it was the champagne although there was so little in the glass (about a shot glass full) I can't imagine that was the culprit. I laid down and fell asleep for about 2 hours. Got up and started boiling some eggs for deviled eggs and potato salad and also tossed some potatoes in the oven. We had a simple dinner of a ham slice (I don't like ham enough to make a big one), green peas, potato salad and some fresh pineapple. It still took me almost 3 hours to make such a simple meal! But it was good.

In other news I went to see the doctor on Thursday. She reviewed my blood tests. My vitamin D that should be around 70 was a very low 10. That is critical low. My B12 is also very low but not as extreme as the D. She said up here the sun is angled so low that from September - May even if you could be outside alot, you would not get enough Vitamin D from the sun. So she put me on a mega dose pill - normally given once a month, I have to take it once a week for 4 weeks, then twice a month for the next month. I also have to take a B12 supplement daily. She said you can feel all sorts of bad stuff when the D is low. So we'll see how that goes. I'm just glad it's nothing that terrible or something I just have to suck up and live with.

It's still cool up this way - supposed to hit 50 today and tomorrow and then dip to freezing temperatures again. Come ON spring - we're eagerly awaiting you!!!

Annie - sounds like the perfect Easter day with the temps. Sorry you did not have a big crowd but at least your brother got extra food. Did you get the boys Easter baskets? Nice job on the weight loss so far!

Ceejay - good to hear you are having a nice trip with the family. Hope it continues through your stay.

Susie - how exciting for your niece to be invited to the All Stars! Love your idea about focusing on what you CAN do instead of what you can't. Good mindset!

Michelle - thanks for the thread suggestion. Can't believe April is coming up already. Sorry to hear you are having asthma issues with your running. Hope it can be managed.

Laura - hope you don't lose the daffodils to the chilly weather. They are one of my favorite spring bulbs. Did you lose your BE workouts due to tape overs of NYPD Blue or did the BE just not record? Your Easter dinner sounded nice and simple and tasty. I love the ham cutlets.

Dee - thanks for checking in. So sorry to hear about the hand issues. And the insurance problems. Hope you get some relief.

Shad - I laugh every time I think about the ODDU with that bonnet on. Thank your for a day brightener. Did you dress him up as a bunny too? I think part of my smile is that DS did not think it was that funny

Well I hate to cut this short but we have to run into town and stop in at the bank and drop some papers off for our loan. There are other things to do as well if only DH and I could remember them. Maybe it will occur to me in the shower. Have a great day everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:12 PM   #115  
Annie - Indiana

Made it back. Had to print out closing documents for a closing tomorrow morning at 8:30..Thankfully it is here in the office and I won't have to travel the state of Indiana.It is only like 400 sheets of closing papers.

Today's lunch was leftover greenbeans with a bit of ham in them and the rest of the cooked carrots. Quite tasty. The carrots were a bag of organic multi-colored carrots. I really could tell a difference in taste in them. They were good all the same.

HAPPY...Your Easter sounded like a good time. Don't know if I would of cooked all those tasty dishes after having a buffet. Usually I am too full for anything until the next day. C would have had ramen noodles or something. lol. Oh I have been drinking about 32 oz of green iced tea every day in hopes it will help with the weight loss. Couldn't hurt. More and more I hear of the vitamin D deficiency. Hmmm, can feel all sorts of bad stuff when low, makes me wonder why everything is hurting more and more each day, other than the fact I get older each day also. I didn't make anyone Easter baskets this year. Wasn't in the mood, didn't feel like it, and heck on them if they cannot come and see me any time during the weekend. ha, pity party for momma. lol.

CEEG...glad you are having a great time with the family. Does the soul good to spend quality time with the fam! Good for you. Safe travels back home.

SHADDIE...um your missing post, I am going to say ODDU ate it. hahahahhaha.

SUSIE...an all start niece, yeah girl power! Your time off sounded delightful. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Did DH find any shoes? How was the BD party? Worth the drive?

CHELLE...sorry the asthma had to show it's ugly face, hope it gets under control and your training goes well.

LAURA...we had early out on Friday also. I left at 2 pm. Did you get BFs mom's car sold? Hope your Easter was grand!

Bout all for me, make it a great day/night. Hugs
Old 03-28-2016, 12:27 PM   #116  

Morning all.

Michelle – Your schedule tires me out just reading it! I hope you had a good training run this past weekend. I know how you feel with the asthma induced by exercise. I think that’s partly why I’m reluctant to do certain exercise classes – I get winded very easily. But I know I need to get accustomed to using the inhaler as needed for that very purpose, and I hope that your new inhaler helps you with the running! I like that thread title for April, wow it’s almost here!

Susie – Nice you went to see your niece’s b-ball game. How great for her to be invited for the All Star game – she must be a great player. How was the surprise birthday party you attended? Good to make a deliberate decision to not stress out about what doesn’t/won’t get done. Though I think I might have gone to the other extreme – “if I don’t do it, it’ll still be there waiting for me” But it’s true – there’s always housework. Re bf’s siblings – I don’t know if bf has reconciled himself yet to the fact that his siblings, to put it mildly, haven’t made helping their mom a priority. He doesn’t understand why they aren’t doing this and wants to give it another try with them. Maybe then he’ll give it up and let them have to live with themselves. But yes, regardless of their actions, we’ll help his mom as much as we are able to.

Hi Ceejay. Sounds like you’re having a good visit with your sis.

Annie – Glad you had a nice Easter day with your bro, and nice weather to boo! We had a nice weather day up until around 3-ish. Right when I take the dog for a walk, it starts to rain. Oh well, I put on my rain jacket and that was that.

Happy – Congrats on the NSV, and good for you doing well at the brunch – so many temptations to resist! The topic of Vit. D and Vit. B-12 came up yesterday with bf’s mom – a lot of people have those deficiencies. I’ve never really thought about vitamins making a difference in how I feel, I just take mine as an insurance policy I guess (multi, calcium, vit. D). I did show a low Vit. D level when my gyn did a test a while back. I did the initial high dose regimen, but didn’t continue with the rx program for it after that (but did start taking an additional OTC Vit D pill). I think because my gyn is always trying to “sell” me on something, I just didn’t take that seriously. Which is a big part of the reason I’m not going to use her anymore. I trust my primary to treat me as a patient, not a sales prospect, so I’ll use her for my gyn needs. Re the daffodils - they look like they’re doing alright. No blooms yet, but maybe this week. The tulips are another matter. They look rather raggedy, but at least the rabbits don’t seem to be bothering with them at the moment.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!
==
My weekend was nice. Friday we went to Costco for gas, doggy’s Rx, and to renew our membership.

Saturday morning I had breakfast (I didn’t have hash!!) with a friend. She just moved and now lives very close to where she works, and is happy about that. She and her husband were very happy to leave their old neighborhood because they had a “bad seed” on their block. And they’re also glad to have a single level ranch house now. She’s not thrilled to have a 30-year mortgage again, but they can always make extra payments on principal. If hard times hit, they could stop making them. With a 15-year note, you could end up with a payment you have trouble affording in tough times (her hubby’s work is iffy at times).

After breakfast I stopped by the thrift shop. I ended up with a 2-pack of over-the-door hooks ($1) and a Reader’s digest 4-CD set of Christmas music ($2). Yeh, I know it’s Easter, but I couldn’t resist the Christmas music. I like all the oldies/classics in the versions performed by the artists that made them popular.

I did my first load of laundry in the new washer on Saturday and then another on Sunday. Just fine, will be better when I get more familiar with all the cycles, options, etc. Substantially arger capacity than our previous washer, which will be nice for loads of sheets, towels and bulky items. Later on in the day, I ran out to pick up some groceries and dog food.

Sunday’s Easter dinner with bf’s mom was thick-sliced ham medallions (from the breakfast place that “specializes” in ham), au gratin potatoes from scratch made by bf, and I made roasted veggies (zucchini, portabella, bell pepper). For dessert, lemon slices I baked that morning. It was all very tasty.

Looks like bf’s mom’s car is sold. Have to do the loan payoff and get the title, so it’s not a done deal yet, but it’s a relief this step has been taken.

Okay, off to post! TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:34 PM   #117  

Hello Everyone,

About to take a lunch break here in a minute. I'm waiting on a co-worker who asked if I cared to wait on her for about 15 min while she finished up something.

Yesterday was a beautiful Sunday here in Ohio, very much like Annie's weather. Today, not so much. That is ok...it makes it easier to stay in and work.

I am a bit tired today as we ran all weekend and I couldn't get to sleep last night. I think it was anticipation of back to work after a 3 day break. I think I finally fell asleep around 12:30 or 1. When the alarm went off at 4:50 so I could get up and get into my workout clothes, I just turned it off until that real alarm for 5:30. That wasn't good, because I was not on-plan any this weekend and I could see that evidence on the scale this morning. I figured it would be like that but it was higher than I expected. So, back on plan today.

Anne: Glad you got the printing done and that you won't have to travel. Your Easter Sunday meal sounded yummy..a lot of my DH's favorites.

Happy: Your brunch experience sounded very nice..food and all. Congratulations for putting on those clothes and being able to tell that your WW meetings are helping you!

I too have love Vit D and B12. Your doctor is correct that low Vit D can really make you ache. I forgot about that. I have taken that same amount of supplement that they put you on. It did help me. I was on it until last year about this time when I had all that issues with my parathyroid levels and I haven't been on it since. I see my doctor at the end of April for my annual blood work check and now I'm reminded to talk to her about the Vit D.

About the posting, it saying you aren't logged in and then you log in and get a blank page. That is happening to me over and over, so I always type it, then copy it in case it tells me to log in again and gives me that blank page and it it does then I just pate it in. But what a PIT*!

Ceejay: It sounds like you had a nice visit with your family. I saw you were posting from your phone. I'm curious did you have any issues posting from it like we all have been having here?

Shad: Sounds like you might have some of the same posting woes going on that Happy and I do?

Hello to Laura & Michelle! Also to Dee if you are out there reading.

My co-worker is back so time to eat. I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 03-28-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:40 PM   #118  

I see that Laura was typing over my head. Both you and Annie asked about the birthday party on Saturday.

We did have a nice time and I got to see my cousin so I was happy. We also got to know one of my cousin and her BF's couple friends. We see them a lot at events as they do a lot together with my cousin. It was a very nice enjoyable evening to chat with them at our table.

Laura: You will love the new washer for those larger loads and they nice thing is that the machines "sense" the size of the load and don't run more water than what is needed.

What a relief that you got the BF's mother's car sold.

Ok..food it heated up and I'm off to lunch with the co-worker.

See ya all tomorrow!
Old 03-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #119  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning All....

Made it through the closing, documents scanned to closing in MN and overnighted. Done. Now on to the normal Tuesday office BS.

Another beautiful day here in Indy. Not as warm as I would like, but tomorrow is supposed to be 70 degrees and sunny, then a cool snap is flowing through with highs in the 50s by the weekend. Still not as bad as snow, rain or sleet.

We are thinking of selling Cs house as our renter made mention in wanting to buy it. OK by me. One less thing to worry about. We have to put a roof on before we sell it tho. Hopefully we can get it through insurance.

Dinner was left overs as it will be tonight also. Great, no cooking for a couple of days. I brought a salad today for lunch and it was quite tasty. Had greek yogurt for breakfast.

SUSIE...all that running I can see why you are tired. I don't think I will ever be untired again. It is just the way it is for now.

LAURA...hope MILs car is sold as you think. One less MIL thing to worry about. Too bad BFs siblings are being butts about their mother. Kind of sad actually.

Hello to the rest of you lovely ladies.

Off to a meeting. Hugs
Old 03-29-2016, 12:05 PM   #120  

Morning all. Leaving work yesterday it was nice and sunny, so that was uplifting. About a block into my walk home from the train station, I met up with bf and doggy, who were on their walk. Today’s sunny, and the temp is supposed to hit a high of 52. That’ll be nice. I’m going to take a short walk at lunchtime.

We ate leftovers from Easter dinner last night. Bf met the buyer of his mom’s car last night to get the check, and he deposited it for her. His mom won’t drive the car anymore, if at all possible. She’s going to talk with her building manager to get details of the bus schedule that services her apartment complex.

I watched most of Dancing with the Stars. Don’t know why, it’s just too much drama and audience noise and not enough real dancing. If I hadn’t been told which dance they were supposed to be performing (it was Latin night, so cha-cha, samba, paso doble, etc.), I wouldn’t have known by the dancing itself – it’s more lifts than anything. Anyway, I probably won’t be tuning in to that again anytime soon.

Bf starts another 8 (or 9?) week session at school tonight, so it’ll be quiet on Tuesday & Thursday evenings again. Tonight I’ll do a load of my laundry and do a workout in the basement.
==
Annie – How often do you have to leave the office for work? If it’s not too much driving, it would probably be nice to get out of the office every once in a while. ---Re the carrots – maybe I should try the organic ones. I wonder if carrots are easy to grow – it might worth the effort if the taste is so much better.---One less thing to worry about would be nice, especially a big thing like a house.

Susie – I hope your Monday back at work wasn’t too stressful.

Hellos to the rest of you!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote