Old 09-02-2015, 03:21 PM   #31  

Good Afternoon! It's another sunny and very humid day in my neighborhood. This morning went fine except I was cold, love those heated blankets! The nurses were so nice. My main nurse is married to a young man I had in school when I was subbing. His family goes to our church and when I mentioned his mom sings with Bob and subs for bell choir, she said she thought Bob looked familiar. I don't have to go back for 10 years! I have the food network on TV; food looks delicious but more trouble than I want to do. I wonder how many people actually cook like that, or who has the time. I am feeling very lazy this afternoon, and thinking a nap sounds inviting. Bob is grilling for supper and I have fruit and salad from the store.

"Gma," I think the "younger" generation's work ethic is nonexistent for the most part. They want to leave for some reason, they just shut the door and go, or don't show up at all. Our church secretary is a prime example. Hope all of your things you ordered arrive today. While Bob is working on the front door, we hung a sheet for privacy. The cats have the bottom in a wad walking behind it to look outside. They always come when I go out to get the mail, they like the full glass door. Penneys seems to run sales and "specials" as soon as merchandise is out on the floor. I've noticed Younkers' coupons have so many exceptions I don't even bother to read the fine print. The clothing quality in both stores has gone downhill big time imo.

Susan, we've had enough rain that our grass has greened up again. Wish I could share with you. I know how annoying a cough can be. Hope yours is gone soon. I think the worst part of any procedure is the waiting. I've had this appointment since the first of August. We went a little earlier than I needed to be there because of the school traffic and stupid drivers so waited some more once I was signed in, then again for the anesthesiologist, and surgeon. No quilting this week?

I need to get busy and accomplish "something" before I take a nap. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:00 PM   #32  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wednesday

GOOD AFTERNOON IN SEPTEMBER MAGNOLIAS
☺♫

WOW September already. The months are marching on quickly this year for some reason or another. Will went for his a Cat Scan this morning and I think that is the last he will have done here for Texas has great facilities down there and he can have his records transferred. He has already talked to them down there so they know he is coming and have set up an appointment for him. So far as we know he is not completely cancer free so he is very willing for these tests to be done on a regular basis for that test group he is in. In the meantime if the cancer did come back or moved they can get it out quickly before it spreads elsewhere. There are some questions about some things and they want to put a pick line in him here so if needed Texas can start treatment. He got a call from Texas yesterday and they are expecting him down there and will continue with the study. It is all about making a certain timeline to administer the chemo. Right now it is arbitrary and they just guessed it should be for a year so they are doing this study to see if 6 months is enough. If Will’s cancer did come back as indicated it did they will know that more treatment time is needed than the 6 months at least for him. Texas has such a great report on recovery so that is where Will needs to be.

In the meantime I am going to step up my sorting of what I am keeping and what I am giving away and what I am selling and what I am pitching. I worked on my desk today and got a lot accomplished and have a large bag of things I am going to give a young teen I know.

We dropped off the Jeep this morning to have new brakes on the front and they were $200 cheaper than the dealer quoted us so guess who got the work. Anyway we have to take the Jeep to the dealer tomorrow to get the transmission looked at since it has to be done there. The MH is in the place we keep it and we are having the mechanic check it all out to make sure everything works correctly in it.

I am tired and going to do personals later ~ some one please start a new thread for this one is getting a bit long.

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:04 AM   #33  

This thread is closed. Please go to #121
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote