Old 05-20-2015, 03:02 AM   #106  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,

Not much to report today. Nothing unusual happened. I booked a fare home for the weekend May 29th and another June 19th. Still have to book for July when the grand daughter turns 3.

Happy - love the sound of the petunias. They do put on a good show and last for a long time. Nice of you to fill in for the lady in the shop. But then you always were kind about things like that, and got kicked in the teeth more often than not. Love the story of the 'hospice' plants. Reminds me of the kid who wanted a $1 from his mother for 65 roses. On checking mum found out he meant cystic fibrosis - kids!!!!
Your meals are sounding good.

Laura - Sounds like your meal out was good. Love a long cold shandy from time to time. Good news on the 2lbs down.

Annie - sounds like an awful lot of people to cater for. I'd be cutting that lot back I'm afraid and only serving finger food and either beer or champagne or soda. Has the dress arrived yet? Does it fit?

Ceejay - hope you are getting along okay with all those medicines inside you.

Susie - good that the medical issues are resolving themselves - you need to be back posting with us again.

Michelle - I've said this before and will no doubt say it again, but if you hop between jobs as frequently as you have been doing, you will eventually be unemployable. So you are going to jump ship again and do another employer in the eye. I hope you prove the exception to the rule and become HP's employee of the month because they don't have a reputation of being a good employer. It's your life, but quite frankly I don't think I would employ you if I was looking for a developer. You don't know that the company that took you on, are always going to look to you to do support. You don't know that they aren't looking for a support person so you can get on with the job for which you were intended.
Anyway, it's your goose. You must cook it according to your tastes. I've said my bit. I'll shut up now.

Time to go finish clearing up the 'almost kitchen' - there are things to do and some interesting tv on tonight so I might go change into my jammies and put my feet up.

See you

Last edited by Shad; 05-20-2015 at 03:04 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:07 AM   #107  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning...Happy Hump Day...and I got my trash to the curb day!!

Evening was uneventful. BLTs, with maple bacon, minus the L as I had none on hand and yellow Ts. Mine was one slice of toast with the bacon on top. Who needs the other slice. lol. I am down another lb today. Total 22. My NSV is down a size DRESS pants that have no stretch in them. Yeah me! I do believe the walking at lunch time is helping. I can tell the difference in weight loss when I do or do not walk.

Tomorrow is my cortisone shot in my ankle. Yeeee. It hasn't really been bothering much at all, just occasionally, however it has been 7 mos since the last shot and I am afraid if I wait any longer, I will be hurting too badly to walk. Besides with all the hospital visits this year, I have met my deductible and out of pocket, so from this point forward till the end of the year, I have free medical visits...haha.

SHADDIE...yes, I keep telling Sis and Chris to trim the invite list, however he has a HUGE family. Both parents have like 5-7 siblings, dozens of cousins and not to mention all the friends. Plus all his family are very close. If we left one out we would have to leave them all out. Thankfully, there are a lot of small children that don't eat much. Yes, we have decided to go with finger food, 3 kegs of beer and some champagne. The dress did arrive. Fits perfectly. HOWEVER, the order said mauve, the tag on the bag said mauve, but the dress came in navy blue. Took it back at the store and reordered. Got the new one in the mail and it was mauve. Thank God. It is very lovely and looks nice on me for a change. You sound like you are getting along better at this job and living conditions with the exception of the "almost" kitchen.

CEEG...sounds like you need to change your doctor. Not very organized and what a better time to do it, isn't he retiring anyway? The little bald patch is very well hidden by my hair.

LAURA...C and I talk about getting a safe deposit box, but never seem to get around to it. It is such cheap rental and peace to know all important docs are locked up. One of our banks is just 3 blocks down the road from us too. Glad the rain boots worked out. Yes, if you want it to rain, wash your car and in your case buy rain boots. CONGRATS on the the 2 lbs down. Go You!!

Hello to the rest of you lovely ladies. Make it a great Wednesday/night.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:10 PM   #108  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning I'm chugging down a mug of hot tomato juice w chili powder for my snack before a late lunch @ 1:30.

I'm getting my sewing jobs caught up. I've lost 4# since last week, my go-to quickie lunches have been grilled cheese sandwiches using mozzarella or provolone cheese w deli hard salami or grilled chicken or sauerkraut & spinach in them for energy. I've gotta start playing outside or working out daily for 30 minutes; my upper arms r not looking good for sleeveless tops. I bought a complete pickleball set after church Sunday, but I'm buying extra balls & a better racquet for myself & Dh.

I have to get back to work now, my timer is ringing that my break time is done & I'll b back & post personals while I take the night off from my clients work orders, to watch Survivor tonight.

See'yall later
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:57 PM   #109  

Morning all. The morning sure got away from me. I'll do a quick post before I go off to lunch.

Dee - Great job on the 4 lb loss!! Every once in a while I have a taste for V-8, I might have to buy a case of the baby cans of it sometime. Gonna have to look up pickleball.

Annie - Yum, BLT's. Awesome NSV!! Glad your ankle hasn't been too bad lately, smart not to let it get bad before getting another shot. Glad the dress works for you. At the rate you're going, it might be too large for you before that wedding!!! Yeh, good to have a safe deposit box for those few important docs. I have a certain bank account program and I get it for free, whoopee. If only we knew where the 2nd key is. If we lose the one key we have, we have to pay to have the lock drilled out!

Shad - LOL re the 65 roses/cystic fibroses store. Is job hopping still a no-no, especially in the tech industry? I thought things were a bit different now. But what do I know - I'm hitting 20 years at my current employer in August...

Ceejay - Hope the glucose reading was just a reflection of too many regular soft drinks and when you cut those back it'll be back in the normal range. I've been reducing my diet drinks lately. When we eat out from somewhere that has the fountain drinks, I skip it and order fresh brewed iced tea with lemon and I might add some splenda. It seems like more often than not, the fountain drink systems can be very inconsistent and the mix of syrup and soda water just isn't right and doesn't taste good, so I'm just giving it up altogether. At home I'll still drink a can of diet soda a few times a week, but I try to drink water with most of my meals.

Terra - Great that you can now walk longer now. It's great to see progress when you're working towards a goal. Good luck selling your Barbies.

Hellos to the rest of you gals.
--
Nothing much to report. The build-out on our floor is done and today is move day. Lots of shuffling around being done. People will be leaving shortly to let the movers/IT group do their thing. No one in our group is moving, so it'll be quiet for us today.

Tonight's the final yogalaties class!

Okay, gonna post and get out for some lunch. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:22 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
The three medications I take are for thyroid, bp, and fluid build up. He was adding one for anxiety. I will pick this up tomorrow.

Annie
Yes, I'm trying to wait him out but think I'll search out a newer doctor in town. It's really to far to drive to Jonesboro for my minor aches and pains. I just don't like change.

Dee
Congrats on the 4 pounds lost last week. Makes me feel ashamed for not trying as hard as I should.

Annie
Yum on the blt. I will have to go get the ingredients but that's what I'm having for tonight dinner when I get home.

--------
Good news this morning when I came into work. We are through with furnishing the small town with water. Bad news is one of our well pumps is going to have to be pulled to clean the intake screen.
Nothing to extreme on the agenda this week end. Sis will be coming next week end. So I have some cleaning to do but not much.
We have had a cold front move in today and it's a bit chilly. Think the farmers call this blackberry winter.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:43 PM   #111  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Will get this done when and as I can. Still trucking along on the job. It has it's moments as they all do, but this one seems to have less than others for the time being. That will probably change as we get closer to go live date. The boss lady goes home to Wellington for the weekend today - yeehaa. She can get up my nose pretty quickly.

Weather is all over the place, sometimes warmish, sometimes cool. Went out for my walk/ run this morning and could see my breathe in front of me. Must have been nippy, but I didn't really notice as I was doing interval running (run the distance between 2 lamp posts, walk to the next one, run again, rinse and repeat) and was pretty warm by the time I got back. The sun is shining at the moment and our little courtyard garden at the office is looking pretty. The maple tree's leaves are turning yellow and dropping and the rest of it appears to be evergreens and mondo grass. I must say that the surroundings here are beautiful. It is a very pleasant office to work in. I will try to get some pictures over the next few weeks. The gardens are quite lovely and there is a big pond/ lake reflecting the plant life. At the moment there are orange hibiscus and yellow day lilies out as well as the Toetoe - sort of pampas grass if you are wondering. There is a picture of some of them that I posted over the weekend. Each of the buildings has several of these courtyard gardens and some have trees, shrubs and grass like ours does, and some have rhododendrons and vireya and other flowering shrubs. A couple have magnolias now in bud. Doesn't seem like it will be a long cold winter here.

Laura - there is still the 'misconception' in contracting about the breaking of a contract. Whether you get full time employment or not is dependent on your seeing a contract through be it one month, 3 months, 1 year whatever. You can break them. It's written in that one weeks notice on either side will be okay, however if you do it often then you are not considered to be a stable employee. More than one person has come to grief on the belief that they should be able to flit from job to job regardless of the signed contract. Can't count the number of people who started contracting around the time I did who fell by the wayside and are now having to find permanent work. Word gets around, mainly because employers talk to recruiters who talk to other recruiters and employers. It's always surprising to have some one say to you at a recruiters get together - 'oh you are Joy Clover, I heard about you'. So where did you hear about me? ' From XYZ' Who? 'XYZ from ABC company, he went to linked in and looked you up and then spoke to XXX and they gave you a recommendation'. I've never worked for XXX but they heard about me from someone else and were considering asking me to work for them. Blot your copybook with one, you practically blot it with all.
And so it goes on. It really is a very small world. Having been in your world for 20 odd years, it probably doesn't make much sense.

Annie - are you doing the catering for this do? I'm glad you have the dress all sorted out. It sounds really nice.
Good luck with the shot, hope it is not too painful. Glad to hear the rest of the year is now free for medical expenses for you.

Dee - still so busy I see. Tomato juice with chili powder??? That should get you up and moving if nothing else does.

Ceejay - glad to hear that you have all the RX. Hope they all work and you get to feeling better. I don't know how far Paragould is from your place, but I think I too would get tired of driving there every weekend. You will be looking forward to your sisters visit next weekend.

I'm flying home for a quick visit next weekend (29th May). I better gee up the family so I can get to see some of them while I am there. That will be in between checking out the yard and house and getting my mail from the neighbours and finding out what has gone on in the neighbourhood over the past couple of weeks.

Better get on with some work.

Last edited by Shad; 05-20-2015 at 05:44 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:35 PM   #112  

Height: 5'7"

Hello All. I was having a bit of trouble this week coming to post. It would freeze up on me.

I downloaded new versions of IE and Chrome and things seem to be working a bit better.

It is down right cold here in Ohio. My in house thermastat says that it is 68 F.

We have new neighbors in the rental behind us. The last ones there were horrible and so dirty and didn't pick their yard up. We shall see about these.

Unrelated to the new neighbors but for the past couple of weeks people have noticed/heard people in their back yards and some decoration type things missing from the yard. The worst is we have a alley on the street and one of the neighbors saw a drug deal going down. She called the cops and they came but came to late.

We have lived here 8 years and have never had any issues but the bast 6 weeks there have been some of this going on.

We had a neighborhood meeting in my back yard on Sunday and we decided to form a neighborhood watch. There are now signs posted and we have the police partoling more, especially later at night and we now have contact info for all those who came to the meeting and a private FB page so we can keep in contact with each other about things. Such a shame the way things are going in this world.

Shad: I hope your trip home is very relaxing. We are getting ready for a 3 day weekend here..and I am looking forward to it.

Happy: The flowers sound beautiful. I keep thinking that I should head to Lowes this weekend and buy something to plant in some pots to sit on the porched.

Ceejay: It sounds like you will have a nice calm weekend...I know I need one!

Laura: I missed you too! I can't wait to see your glasses. I saw the first Pitch Perfect movie...it was cute. I will see the second one..eithier at the movies or on DVD. Congrats on the weight loss.

Michelle: Sorry to hear that you have been dealing with depression. It is hard to not have a rountine and not liking the work you are doing doesn't help. I hope that HP works out well for you.

Dee: Great job on the weightloss! Enjoy Survivor tonight. I still have to get caught up on Revenge. That is on my to-do list this weekend.

Tara: Did you get the pictures of the dolls taken? How many Barbies do you have. I only have one left over from my younger days.

Have a great evening..hope to be here tomorrow or for sure over the weekend. Thursday nights we are with our nieces and I'm trying not to post from work these days or do anything other than work, work on their computer. Nothing happened...it's just something I thought would be best to try to do.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:38 AM   #113  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hey all,

Busy day today. The insurance adjuster came out to inspect our house - we have a lot of damage from the storm so we eagerly await their response. DH and I went around to price soil as we need to refill the raised beds and we talked about putting a large, permanent planter structure in the front yard. It was fun looking at the flowers but other than a few plants for the garden, didn't buy anything other than more hosta. Need to make sure stuff is deer repellant before we invest in pricy flowers. Thursday we will pick up dirt and start uncovering the garden beds. DH mowed in the garden for me so I don't have to worry about ticks in the high grass. One of the volunteers said she has been bitten 3 times already and has contracted lime disease. I've seen a few mosquitoes already and boy are they huge - don't know how they got so big in drought conditions! We have lots of really pretty birds on the feeders - colorful too. DH wants to put a bench by the feeders and the new flower box so he can set up and take pictures. He is really into the photography thing.

Susie - it's unfortunate that you are having problems in your area but I think the neighborhood watch is an excellent idea. Time and again the police have said that criminals look for easy opportunities and will go to places that 1) have things worth stealing and 2) can slip in and out undetected. It also works against you if you live near to a highway where they can quickly jump on the expressway and be gone in a flash. I think showing them you are taking back your neighborhood is the best deterrent. It must have been a good year for the greenhouses over the winter - the flowers are especially pretty this year at all the places we've visited.

Shad - good for you for pushing on the sprints / interval bursts of energy. That is the best way to shape up I have heard. We were admiring the orange lilies, the hibiscus and I can't believe that azaleas will grow up here but one of the shop workers said they have a huge bush in their yard that blooms quite nicely. It's nice you are seeing the same - I look forward to more pictures. I got a great chuckle out of the 65 roses - cystic fibrosis from the child. I cannot believe little Miss S is going to be 3 already. How time flies by!

Ceejay - what did you wind up making for dinner? I would certainly try and find a more local doctor - surely there has to be one in town. You drive to Paragould a lot so it would be nice not to have to go there for everything.

Laura - that is too funny that your mom sent you hosta in the mail. I'm sure my mom would have sent me with a load had we been at her house. Everyone must be planting it - it's getting quite scarce to find around here. I also think the shops got stuck with a lot of garden inventory last year and it seems like they have cut down considerably this year so it means shop early and fast. I did get some nice sugar snap pea plants in a place I didn't expect to find them in but I think I will have to plant the arugula from seed. I did not know that lily of the valleys were toxic to animals! How was the last yogalates class? Congrats on the weight loss for the week too.

Dee - congrats on the pounds down - must be all the running you are doing and not the cheese and salami sandwiches that is making the scale drop

Annie - congrats on really powering down on the weight loss. Are you motivated for the wedding? It's good to know that the walking is helping - I'm sure that also is helping your foot too. That dress would not be anywhere near as beautiful in navy blue - glad you got the mix up straightened out. That's unfortunate that you have to accommodate so many guests for C & S's wedding but money (costs) has got to be a factor so as much as you'd like to invite the world... It sounds as if you have a good plan in place. I'm not a fan of boozy weddings anyway - too much potential for trouble.

Michelle - I must agree with what Shad said about you and the job situation. I agree that you are in a contract and it's not right for you to just up and leave with no notice the minute something better comes along. That's the risk you take when trying to decide to accept a job offer or wait for something better. I think a lot of companies are doing away with permanent positions and going the contract route - you have jumped jobs several times now and that is going to catch up with you one day - not a risk I'd be willing to take as people do talk, especially with the ease of social media - there are ways to communicate a bad experience/reference behind the scenes unlike in the olden days. And I don't totally agree with the thinking that "one must only look out for themselves". If you expect to be treated with dignity, you must give the same and that means honoring a commitment. You can't complain about this company not being upfront "not being as advertised" when you are willing to run out the door next week - on to bigger and better. Someone is eventually going to complain - either the company who paid a fee to hire you or the agency who placed you or just word of mouth on the street if you got the job on your own. I just think you are treading dangerous waters.

And with that I need to get to bed. Tomorrow's another early day as will the next several also. Good night to you.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:51 AM   #114  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning...today is my Friday, a huge whew whoo and a OMGoodness to go along with that. I will be keeping the grandbabes (1 & 3 yrs), from tonight till Sunday evening. The kids are doing the entire Indy 500 race weekend, beginning early tomorrow morning. I will need Monday to recoop so I can go back to work on Tuesday. It will be a joy to have them and we always have fun. Just very exhausting. I shopped for groceries for the babes after work yesterday. I have a box of new toys from Cs sister we got over the weekend. Puzzles, books, games, trucks and cars.

Baby boy is at guard this week, however he came to my house last night, we ate dinner, went to Wally World, then did his laundry. Didn't get to bed till 10:30, which is late for me. He spent the night and then back to guard this morning. It was nice having him to myself as C went to bed at his usual early time.

HAPPY....wow, didn't realize you had storm damage to the house. You have been getting the worse storms, along with Texas and some of the south. Indiana has been lucky this year and most have missed us. Or gone way northern Indiana into Michigan. C added the extra dirt and tilled my other garden. Looks like I will be planting my cukes, peppers, pumpkin and spinach mix this weekend while trying to watch the babes. Should be interesting. I am motivated for the wedding but this last ordeal with colitis kind of gave me the boost to get in gear.

SUSIE....we are/were having the same issues in our little neighborhood. One reason we got ADT installed. We also have a private FB page, neighborhood watch and all that. The police have caught two different groups of kids since we have been doing this over the last year. It does help. And we actually live in a very good area, I just think it is happening everywhere no matter the location. My house was 66 this morning so I turned the heat on for about 10 minutes to get the nip out of the air while getting ready for work.

SHADDIE...good on you for the walk/run intervals. As long as you break a sweat or at least get your heart rate up thats the best. The area of work and living arrangements sound beautiful. More like a vacationing spot for me. Safe travels home and I thought Miss S was about to turn 3 as she is not far behind Jacob who was 3 in October. BTW...he is completely potty trained now. AMEN!!

CEEG...glad work is easing up on the water to the small town. Have fun with Sis when she comes to town next week.

LAURA...I had that issue with the safe box when I got divorced from xh. I had my key and got all the stuff out, but they would not give me the deposit back because numbnuts lost his key. Oh well...onward I went. Lucky you not having to move with the rest of the crowd on the build out. At least its on a good note and not downsizing.

Hellos to all, make it a great weekend, long and fun. May or may not be in over the weekend, depends on my free time with the babes...unlikely.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:28 AM   #115  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ceejay52 ~ Uh oh dont get in trouble at work for being on the computer LOL

Laura ~ Thanks for commenting on my walking.

Susie ~ I have 8 collectable barbie dolls, Yes I took the pictures of my barbie dolls. I have barbie dolls that I actually played with from my childhood, They are the only things besides pictures that I have from my childhood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up 5 mins before 6:30 a.m. and I got ready for school and then at 7:00 a.m. after I was ready for school I watched one of my shows until I had to go start watching for the bus at 7:30. I got to school at 8:00 a.m. Its now 9:15 a.m. I have 2 hours until cooking class starts. I'm here at school until 3 p.m. today. For cooking class we're grilling out Bratwursts and we're having a side salad with them. I love salad!!!!!!!!! Anyway I'm gonna start bringing my work out dvd on Thursdays so I can work out before cooking class. I dont know if its good to work out before eating or after eating but after cooking class I have computer training so I dont have time to work out after cooking class. Well anyway I hope everyone has an awesome day today. Take Care.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:26 PM   #116  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning everyone,

About to head out to work in the garden - should be a lovely day. DH went out to look for lumber for the planter and then we will pick up dirt to fill the garden beds so I can get things into the ground.

Terra - I used to eat a light meal before a workout - sometimes you can get tired if you try on an empty stomach. The best thing is to try it and see how you feel.

Annie - I'm sure you will have fun with the grandkids and I think you will sleep well at night I don't envy chasing the little ones around but they are at the age to have gobs of fun with them. Yay on Jacob being potty trained!!!! Have a fun weekend. Nice of you to give the kids a couple's weekend too. I agree with you about the thieving issues happening everywhere. We have a lot of drug problems up this way - bored kids and bored retirees too So break-ins happen when they look for quick money. Usually by the fancy cabins by the lake so I'm glad we live in a "average" place - although we definitely took that into consideration when looking for a property. Although with my new bear sculpture and that new planter box - we may have upped the stakes a bit

Hellos to the rest of the chicks - I need to find something quick to eat and get outside. Have a good day everyone - first holiday of the summer for those of us in the states Hope we have good bbq weather.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:03 PM   #117  

Afternoon all.

Ceejay – I hope the addition of another med doesn’t cause any issues and helps with the anxiety. Good luck in your search for a new doctor in town. Did you have a BLT for dinner last night? It’s nice you won’t have to supply the other town with water anymore – I bet that added a bit of stress to the water plant operations that you didn’t need! Have a great weekend.

Shad – Good job with the interval workout – that’ll warm you up for sure! Your office setting sounds so gorgeous – how nice to look out at a garden. If I want to see outside, I have to walk over to a window, and then I mainly see other buildings and some sky. Not much green or beauty (except perhaps for some interesting architecture). I can definitely see how not honoring your contract commitments too frequently could give you a black mark, especially when word gets around so much more “efficiently” these days.

Susie – We’ve had chilly weather this week too. Had to have the furnace on… I hope your new neighbors behind you are better than the previous ones. Good luck with the neighborhood watch improving the safety and security of your neighborhood. Enjoy your “nieces night” tonight.

Happy – Gosh, sorry to hear about the storm damage. I hope the insurance company makes you whole. Have fun with the gardening. I will likely get out this weekend to plant the few things we bought last weekend. But I hope the soil dries up some over the next couple days - it's been awfully wet. I still have to check if I have any herb seeds. I have the packets bunched up in an old prescription bottle in the crisper of the fridge, lol. Dunno if that helps keep them fresher and more likely to germinate…I have used old seeds in the past with success, but that might have just been luck.

Annie – Happy Friday to you. Heck, you might already be on your way home by now. Whoo!! Enjoy the time with your grandbabies this weekend. Between them and planting the garden, you (and C) will be whooped for sure. At least you only have diapering for one of them now!! And thank goodness for the holiday on Monday - your recovery day.

Terra – I hope your cooking class was fun and tasty today. I believe we’re having Polish sausage for dinner tonight. I had a salad for lunch. I like salads too, but I don’t enjoy the labor that goes into making them!

Hellos to Dee, Michelle and Danielle!

==
I had my last yogalaties class last night. I was a few minutes late, but it didn’t matter because our instructor was about 15 minutes late – she got hung up in bad traffic. The dang fan was on for about 2/3 of the class, but otherwise class was alright. The new session starts next week and the sub instructor we’ve had for the past three classes is teaching it, and she said it’s in a different room, and was happy about that so it must be better than the current one. But nope, I’m not going to take that class again. In spite of an instructor I like more than the original one and a better room, the start time doesn’t quite work for me.

Plenty that needs to be done around the house, but little will likely get done. Maybe I just need to avoid the sofa (and TV) in the living room altogether and start right in on something before I get the chance to get too comfy, LOL.

That’s about it for me. Buh-bye for now.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:52 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I was busy to a poi asnt today. Got up at 7. Then waited for the ADT technician to come. He got here on time. And I finally learned how to rewind the DVR so that was a plus. And I did have a person looking into my bathroom window that night. The ADT tech told me to tell the landlord. After this I went down to the doctor's office and I was in luck at this point as there were only a couple of cars in the parking lot. I was told to wait at a certain window to talk to him. I told him that one of the rx's wasn't there so he called the pharmacy and they confirmed it. He said it's there now. I thanked him. Went to Wally World for a few groceries and then came home for the rest of the day. Did a couple of loads of laundry and rested. It felt good.
A friend stopped by this afternoon for a short visit and my aunt called to check on me. She said I looked nervous and out of sorts. I was. but better now.
----------
Happy
Didn't realize that you had storm damage. Hope it isn't to bad.

Laura
I waited till this afternoon to have the bacon and tomato sandwich. It was good and different for a change.

Annie
Enjoy the grandbabes this week end.

Hellos' to the rest. I'm tired even thought I've had enough sleep.

Last edited by ceejay52; 05-21-2015 at 09:57 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:09 PM   #119  

Morning all. TGIF!

Ceejay - Good you learned how to check your ADT dvr. Hope you continue to have a relaxing weekend.

Last night I didn't do much except I did delete some items from the hard drive of our dvd recorder's hard drive. Having done that, I now had enough room to record the entire "Total Gym for Pilates" vhs tape, so I did that.

The story with this tape is that many years ago, we bought a Total Gym (the piece of exercise equipment that Chuck Norris & Christie Brinkley advertise) secondhand on craigslist. It came with all the accessories and vhs tapes of various Total Gym workouts. This included Pilates attachments and a Pilates workout tape. Way back when, I attempted to use the Pilates vhs tape and the vcr promptly ate a portion of the tape at the very beginning of the tape.

Bf did a DIY fix of the tape, but we didn't have a reliable vcr for quite some time. When we finally picked up a decent vcr from the thrift shop a couple years ago, I converted some vhs recordings to the dvr hard drive, and then I copied them onto dvds. But by then, the TG Pilates workout tape was missing. Fast forward to a few weeks ago - bf was looking for something else and found the Pilates vhs tape. The repaired tape worked fine and I tried out part of the workout a couple weeks ago. I decided it was worth converting to dvd, but when I recorded it, the dvr hard drive ran out of room before it was done. But last night I recorded the whole thing and this weekend I'll copy it onto a dvd. The workout utilizes the TG & accessories for doing both mat- and Reformer-type Pilates workouts. The Reformer is a piece of equipment specifically used for Pilates and I've never used one before. It's nice to have the equivalent of it right in my own basement.

Our office closes at 3 pm today. I'll leave a bit early to get the special 3:10 express train home. I might take a recplex class tonight, since I won't be taking one tomorrow morning. The class is "Total Body Challenge" with the same instructor I had for the tough intervals class I did last week, so it'll be a killer, I'm sure. I'm sort of torn as to if I should do it... I still have my sore shoulder and sore hamstring and I'm thinking that they may never get better if I keep exercising them... I guess I should skip it. I still have 3 more classes on my punchcard, but I still have a week to use them up.

Tomorrow morning I have a blood draw so that bloodwork can be done prior to my annual physical. I have to do an 8-hour fast, but that won't be a hardship because my appt. is at 9:15 am, so most of the time prior to that I'll be asleep.

I won't be taking an exercise class Saturday morning, so bf will drive with me to my appointment and right after that we'll head over to his mom's place. She's having cable tv issues and the cable company is coming out. Bf wants to be there to discuss the matter with the cable guy. Bf's mom is making us breakfast. Yum.

Saturday evening we have an 80th birthday party to attend for a family friend. That should be nice.

On Sunday afternoon, we have a grade school graduation party for one of bf's nieces. I think the plan was for an outdoor party, but the weather may not cooperate. If that's the case, bf has warned me that the house will be packed, it'll be a zoo, and he will not want to stay very long. Fine by me. His SIL's family gatherings always include a lot of people and they really can be crazy and chaotic.

Other than that, I just want to get some stuff done around the house and garden. Our blooming shrubs are done blooming, so I need to do some pruning. And I want to get those veggies planted. Maybe I need to get some of this done after work today because tomorrow is the only other day this weekend without any rain in the forecast, but I probably won't have enough time to do much of anything.

Okay, enough rambling. Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 05-22-2015, 07:00 PM   #120  

An email went out at work that we could leave at 1:00, but neither the admin or I saw it 'til almost 1:30.

I took the 2:24 home. I got the veg garden soil turned a bit, laid down the weed cloth & planted my veggies - sweet 100 cherry tomatoes, yellow grape tomatoes & a mini yellow squash plant. Then I put the little fence around it & watered. We still need to buy a couple pepper plants.

Taking a rest for now. Turning the soil with my garden claw ( the long handled one) & pounding in the fence stakes tired me out.

Glad I did that today.