Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #16  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning ladies,

Here we go. New year. Fresh start.

Annie - I am very VERY sorry to hear about your brother's health. Thank you for giving us a bit more detail - I do like some specifics when saying my intentions. Will include him in healing prayers and hope level 2 treatments have a positive effect. Your seafood blowout sounded very yummy - good for you for sipping unsweet tea. Enjoy the kids while they are still young and look at you as the light of their world - they grow up fast... Hope you can use the quiet time at work for a little catch up or just to drop the usual crazy pace a bit for one day.

Terra do you go to bed super early to wake up at 3am or is it just that you are a light sleeper? I'd be yawning at noon - although yesterday I went to bed it was nearly 3am so we are crossing paths in the night.

Today I have to run books back to the library. This year when I take out a book, I AM GOING TO READ IT. Renewed these twice and barely looked at them I also need to make a quick stop at Walmart and it's trash day so I have to go through my freezer, make some room for the pork I have coming in 2 weeks. I have learned there are some things (like loaves of bread) that are not worth freezing at all. Those are my 3 have to do things today. I would LIKE to also get my food arranged on the shelves in the basement pantry. I think it's time to take down the Christmas decorations and make room for the new furniture that needs picking up. I am giving the gym one more day's pass because I am still a bit winded from the cold. But I will do one of my videos in it's place for some exercise. And that's my plans for the day.

I hope you all have a good one yourselves.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:49 PM   #17  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm exhausted today. By the time I picked up Santa after yoga, I got home around 10. Then I had to get up at 6:15 to drop Santa off and then go to the gym to do a 1/2 hour of cardio before my workout with the trainer. I showered at the gym and then I was off to run errands. I returned a pair of pants at Kohl's, then went to pick up prescriptions, then off to Target.

I'm home now to sort through some stuff on the computer, and do a little decluttering, then I'll pick Santa up and we'll go to my step-mother's for another Scrabble match. I'm picking up my nephew after he gets off work and then taking him over to my step-mom's for dinner.

===================
Annie - I'm so very sorry to hear about your brother's cancer and the PSA results. I'll keep him, and your whole family in my prayers.

Happy - I really don't like California rolls. I just don't like the seaweed...and white rice is something that the bariatric dietitian said should be avoided, along with potatoes and pasta. Like you, I also check things out of the library and then never read them.

I've really got to sign off for now...too much cleaning/decluttering to do.

Here's to a great day for all of us!

Love and hugs,
Old 01-02-2015, 04:30 PM   #18  

Afternoon all. And a very Happy New Year to you all!

Shad
Thanks for setting up the new thread. Your meals look so delicious! Bf's mom gave us two cookbooks for Christmas, both are focused on healthy/light recipes. I like them both because they have nice photos in them. For some reason that makes a difference to me. I have to dig into them and pick out some recipes to try. First plan is to pick recipes for a day when she can join us for dinner. Yes, Thai food is so much lighter and fresher tasting than, say, the type of old school "American" Chinese food the mom and pop restaurants serve here. We don't eat much Indian food, but based on the Indian food I've eaten in the past, Thai is also lighter than that too. Same for some of the middle eastern food we eat. This will be the year I finally make a very popular Thai soup - Tom Yum. We love it!

Michelle
Congrats on your follow up exam going so well. You're doing so great! I'm tired just reading your posts! But it sounds like you're enjoying life right now - here's to 2015 being more of the same for you. Good for you on the decluttering.

Ceejay
Glad the Zantac is working for you. Did you get to the doctor today? Congrats on the weight loss! Wow, moon pies & guitars being dropped! .

Annie
So sorry to hear your brother's health situation has become more serious. I will keep him in my prayers. I'm glad you had a nice NYE feast at your nephew's place. What a nice greeting from little J! Poor Sassy - hope the puppy will soon calm down and give her some peace! Great job on the weight loss. I guess I'm finding all the pounds you ladies have lost...

Susie
Glad you enjoyed your NYE gathering. How was the birthday open house? Yeh, I'm perfectly fine with just a couple a couple drinks and not feeling bad the day after!

Happy
I usually do alright with not borrowing more books than I can read, but renewing the books helps me a lot too! Your last couple meals sound so tasty - but what a shame the lobster tail didn't wow you or dh. I'm glad the diagnostics found the defective part so a new part can go in. Oy! May 2015 be a better year for all your appliances and electronics. I'm happy to hear your cold has eased up & you're ready to get back to the gym. Don't fret over having lost any fitness gains, as long as you're getting back to it, that's what counts!

Terra
Sounds like you had fun plans for NYE. For Walmart, do you use the Savings Catcher they offer? You enter your receipt numer into their site and they go off and compare the prices you paid with those same items' prices in other stores in you area. They give you the price difference if it's less elsewhere, and you can transfer that to an e-gift card.

---
I got out of work at noon on NYE and that was nice. Be and I went out for lunch & and then stopped in at the thrift shop in the same strip mall. It was the last day of the month so everything is half off. I bought a nice bright contemporary canvas art print - a floral - for only $5. It's by an artist named Kim Parker & she appears to be popular in not just art prints but textiles as well. My print is called "Wild Roses".

After that we stopped at Walmart for a few things for our party and then it was back home to get ready.

Our party was nice, just the right amount of people (9 total) and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. At around ten til midnight, We turned on the tv for the local countdown and had a champagne toast. Happy - the local ABC channel still does its broadcast, and Janet Davies & Mark Giangreco still pair up to host from one of their broadcast locations. I think I heard Janet say they'd been paired up for that over 20 years now!

Because I'm still having fluid pressure in my ears, I bought some generic Allegra and took one during the party ( allegra's non-drowsy and one dose is for 24 hours) and most of the following day and into last night overnight I was very parched and dried out. I woke up coughing a few times or perhaps something else woke me up and it took a bit to fall back asleep because of the coughing caused by my dry throat. Maybe I should stick with Zyrtec and save the Allegra for when I'm suffering only the worst of any hellish allergy symptoms.

I didn't do much yesterday, and thankfully there wasn't much on the way of party cleanup left from the night before. I did want some movement, so in the afternoon, I tried out one of the PBS "Classical Stretch" shows I'd dvr'd about a month ago. It was more strenuous workout than I thought it would be, and not simply stretches BTW, but that's fine. It does have classical music as its background - meh. I'll try another one or two and see if I like them enough to continue with them. I do have the Suzanne Deason Pilates and yoga workouts on hold at the library and the Pilates one is ready for pickup, so after I post this I might go get it and give it a go a bit later.

I'd forgotten that doggy had a vet appointment this morning at 9, but it was still early enough to give him his calm-down dope beforehand. Or maybe not...he was still very nervous - poor guy. He's been sleeping off the dope all day, but there is no doubt he will be eager for his walk in a little bit!

Okay, gonna post this now. I used our iPad and the typing was so much easier than using the cell phone!

Off to the library now.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:54 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
I love my tablet/ipad. I have a key board to go with it so it's like a mini computer. However, it is very sensitive. I did go by the doctor's office but as I suspected they were closed.

Michelle
I love to play scrabble. I have a game on the work computer that I play when I'm not to busy.

Terra
I've been doing laundry today as well. Also made a run to Walmart.

Annie
Sorry to hear the bad news of your brother. Will be sending him good vibes.

Happy
Hope your mom is feeling better.

Susie
Glad you had a nice NYE party.

------
I did go to the doctor's office but as I suspected he was closed. And since I'm feeling better I decided against going to the E.R. I will go next week as I have to get rx's refilled. Also paid the rent and to Walmart.
I feel like I'm getting this "cyber" cold today that's going around. My throat is sore and tightness is my upper body. I've taken an Allegra so hopefully this will keep it to a minimum.
Rode my bike for 20 minutes tonight trying to get warm. Did my counter push ups last night and will do those again tonight.
Going to put one more load of clothes in the washer. I'm so grateful that I cleaned last week. I don't feel up to it today.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:49 PM   #20  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

to Everyone of U Gorgeous chicks on our thread starting this New Year sooo Positive

Susan~ I hope that U r feeling much better from your chiropractor appt. how about a massage also My chiropractor has one that is also a certified Naturopath & they work as a team; he does the correction & then tells her where the prob is occurring & she does a corrective massage & I feel 100% when I leave. Doing 'yoga' like Happy said would b good for ALL of us here, I do Tai Chi occasionally. I'm very happy that U r taking good care of yourself.

Annie~ My heart goes out to U & 'yes' your brother Michael is in our daily prayers & also U & your upcoming surgery next Tuesday Great job w your 'Official clothes-on weight loss! LOL I was in a diet club called TOPS & ppl would take-off jewelry, glasses, as much as possible prior to weigh-in to get a pound-off & thrilled to see any kind of loss, they were a fun bunch of girls.

ceej~ I sure wish that U had seen your Doc today. Please take it easy @ home & @ work until U see your Doc. I wish I lived in your town, U need some TLC from your friends. I'd b there in a flash, just tell me what to do, chores or just hang-out & do nothing w U. Sometimes just somebody being w us doing nothing, or poking fun @ stuff laughing, is comforting.

I'm Happy to See the rest of U girls r Feeling much Better & reading about allll your Delish NYE meals made me Hungry
We stayed home w our 4 grandbabes so DS & wife could go party. We had a great time as always w the kiddos, watching a movie & playing board games; they made it till 10:30pm & crashed. They tried sooo hard to stay awake until midnight Dh only had NY day off & I kept the kids for 3 days. Today I gave our 6 puppies their 1st puppy shots & I gotta go trim puppy nails now. Tomorrow 2 get their new homes & hopefully the other 4 will have families next weekend.

Have a Fabulous weekend girls
Old 01-03-2015, 05:00 AM   #21  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Short post tonight. I've been very busy today and managed to wear myself out, so I am about to have an early night.

The attached photo is my dinner tonight. Port chop, roasted pumpkin, potato and onion and a salsa made of mango, red onion and coriander with a lemon myrtle flavoured olive oil and some lime juice. I should have put some spinach with it, but thought there was more than enough on the plate.

Happy - re the curries. You can buy curry pastes in the supermarket. The majority of them should tell you whether they are hot, medium or mild. I always buy the mild. I'm really chicken when it comes to chili. But if you are not sure how hot mild actually is, use less than the recipe calls for and see if it is okay. You can always add more but you can't take it away.
Saffron is about the most expensive spice in the world. I don't buy it very often. I have often thought it didn't have much flavour and was only used to colour things, but apparently it does have flavour and I am being too much of a cheap skate and not using enough of it. Truffles likewise are too expensive for me and I usually only buy truffle flavoured oil or the like.

Annie - so sorry to hear that the brothers cancer is spreading. I will keep him and you in my thoughts and hope that further treatment will improve the situation. You'll forgive me for not praying. That is not my style unfortunately.

Laura - hope the allergies or whatever has gone away. Good for you trying out new and lighter recipes. Whatever it takes - yes?

Dee - out having fun with the grandkids. I get to see mine next weekend.

Okay, time to move along. I've had my second shower of the day. I was covered in paint. I've been painting the carport as well as mowing lawns, cutting hedges, picking up the green waste, doing laundry and sanding walls. Long way to go yet as far as the painting goes. The colour I chose appears to be much lighter than I had anticipated but it looks okay - not much different than the yellow on the house already. Which was not what I wanted, but I've spent too much on paint now to take it back.
Better attach the photo before I forget. Have a good day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dinner 3.01 001 (800x600).jpg (26.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-03-2015, 08:47 AM   #22  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy ~ Lately I've been going to bed at 8 or 9 at night, Last night I went to sleep at 9 and I didnt wake up until 5 this morning. I'm trying to stay up until 10 but I havent made it to 10 yet.

Laura ~ Yeah Scott and I did have a Fun night bringing in the new year. Nope I dont use the Savings Catcher but I probably should start using it.

Ceejay ~ Yeah I'm finishing my laundry this morning, I got a late start on it yesterday. Anyway we also went to Walmart yesterday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 5:00 a.m. this morning. Its now 6:40 a.m. I'm waiting for my nephew and sister in law to wake up so I can go downstairs and finish my laundry. As always my plans for today are to get my morning chair exercises done and get my 30 min walking dvd done and my 40 min. chair exercises this evening and thats it. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:35 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Woke up to early this morning at 6 a.m. but I have to get up early tomorrow morning for work. I haven't done a lot. I did clean the living room and my bed room, washed and dried the sheets for my bed.
I took an Allegra and a cipro last night for my extreme drainage. My throat was getting very sore. I laid down on the couch at 8.30 a.m. and woke when my aunt called about 12.30. I'd told her about my stomach experience. Didn't realize how badly I sounded until I tried talking to her. I think I'm better this afternoon. I'm taking another Allegra in a few minutes. I think the sleep is what I needed the most.
I'm completed the 25 push ups.

---
Shad
I admire all the stamina you have. Your food looks good. I haven't had a sweet potato in a long time. May buy some this week.

Terra
Good for you in getting in the exercise. I do good to get in twenty minutes. Keep up the good work

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-03-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:19 PM   #24  

Height: 5'7"

Hi. We had a nice time at the open house for our friend's birthday on January 1.

Yesterday we went to the car dealer to begin the process of looking for a good used car with a warranty and in the price range that I wanted to make payments for and came home with a 2015 Hyundai Sonata!! We test drove a 2012 Elantra and 2012 Sonata (I have had Sonata's since 2006) and they had some good deals on them and the Elantra had very low mileage and the 2012 Sonata was under the average as well. So I was about to choose the Sonata (it rides a bit better than the Elantra which is important as we drive closed to 90 miles round trip daily) when I asked, what sort of deals do you have on a 2015.

We have bought our last two cars from the same guy and he is great! He was able to work me out a deal where I got the 2015 for $30 more dollars a month on the payment than I would have been paying for the 2012 Elantra or Sonata.

I went today for an adjustment and things are getting there. The strain is no longer in my groin area but just in the top of the thigh. He wants to adjust me again in about 5 days. I like my chiropractor because he is great at working you toward healing and doesn't believe in having to adjust you over and over. He feels if that is needed that something more is going on and it's time for MRI's and things to really check out what is going on.

He told me this has happened because I have weak hip flexors and adductor and abductor muscles in my leg and they don't pull my pelvis around. He has me doing some stretches and now doing a couple of exercises--bridges and outer leg lifts. Just 5-10 on each side twice a day and then ice the groin and thigh muscles.

I finally got my home office back in order today. I woke up at 6:30 a.m. and couldn't sleep so I decided it was good to move around and do things before I went to the chiropractor. It feels nice to have some files purged and things filed away and organized and dusted. I still need to sweep in there but I will have to have DH do it. The chiropractor said no running the vacuum for me for a while. I can do other cleaning (as long as I face every thing I am doing and no stretching/reaching to the side--it will throw my hips out) so DH will have to help with the sweeping. I'm ok to mop as long as I don't twist so push in one forward direction the whole time.

Happy: I'm glad the cold is getting better. When you start back to the gym ease into it. Better to be able to go back again and again instead of missing a day.
What a time you are having with that washer! I would have lost my patience by now.

Annie: I am praying for your surgery on Tuesday and keeping your brother in my prayers as well.

Laura: Your party sounds just like the right size party. Did you make it to get the Suzanne Deason Pilates and yoga DVD's and try them yet?

Ceejay: I am glad to hear that they Zantac is working. I hope you get into the doctor this week. It is nice you have a upcoming trip planned. Something to look forward to.

Terra: I have been doing laundry today as well. It seems there is always something that needs washed.

Shad: I am enjoying your pictures of your food. It looks very tasty and I have noticed that a lot of it is just vegetables which is the way I eat since I don't eat meat, or poultry or seafood.
The issue I have a lot with my food is that it takes a lot of time to prepare those delicious dishes and it makes so much. DH will eat some of it but not all--he is a meat and potato type of man and likes to stick with a salad, or green beans or broccoli.

I know you are just one person eating those meals so how do you prepare them so you don't spend hours in the kitchen or have to eat it over and over that week?

Dee: It is so nice you got to be with your grandbabies. Do you miss your puppies a lot when they go to new homes?

I need to go do my wall pushups and also do my new exercises. I will see you all tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:35 PM   #25  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,

Hot and dry today I went out early and got most things done out there that had to be done before I went back to Melbourne tomorrow morning. now the cats and I are spread out around the house trying to catch what breeze there is. I need to go to the shops shortly to get bread, and some stuff for dinner tonight.

Susie - my meals depend on how hungry I am. I haven't got a full appetite back since that cold I had and I crave fruit at the moment. Generally speaking, I am not good on eating my greens. I don't like the leafy veges cooked so I tend to put some on a plate and eat it raw. I am not vegetarian but have several nights a week where I don't cook meat. When I do, I tend to go for a one pot meal. Tonight I will be having Lime and Lemongrass Chicken which is chicken and rice in a stock with ginger, lime leaves, lemongrass and a red chili. The recipe is supposed to be for 2 people. What I will do, since the portions are fairly generous, is to divide the resulting meal into portions, and put the other portions in containers and freeze them. That means that at any one time, I can have several meals in the freezer ready for those times I come home and can't be bothered cooking or have nothing to cook with. The most times I have a meal is twice in a row. And only then if I enjoyed it enough to have it again. Otherwise it is into the freezer.

Ceejay - sometimes it is good to listen to the body and sleep when you can. Other times you have to push yourself to do whatever needs to be done. If you know you are procrastinating, push. If you have to lie down because you can't stay upright any longer then rest. I have trouble working in great heat, so I can only do the hours at the beginning of the day and the end of the day. Which reminds me, I should get some more bug spray when I go to the shops today. I hate being bitten by the mosquitos.

I'll post again, when my day is done. I now need to go shopping and then finish the packing and I have a couple of other things on the list to do later when it cools down somewhat. I'll be back with my dinner photo later.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:01 PM   #26  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Susie ~ Wow a brand New car that's exciting, I'm so happy your car problems r over now. It's great that u have a 'intelligent & concerned doctor' taking care of u, there r many jerks I've been told that hurt patients, or trying to force supplements. I once had a chiropractor that pushed 'honey' after every appt.

Happy ~ I never commented on your 'washer dilemma' because I'm still using the same Deluxe Heavy Duty model Kenmore since 1996, it's had 2 minor/inexpensive parts & my matching dryer has gone through 2 heating elements, that Dh replaced. I have friends that own $800-$1,000 washing machines w electronic sensors that break also, soo u r not alone I run 2 cups of white vinegar through the washer monthly because we garden, etc. My washer cleans as good as the front loader, but I don't wash my comforter in it; I sewed 3 duvets for our 3 bedrooms & wash those instead. When will 'All Men realize/respect' a female's wisdom/intuition about things, I hope your washer repairman got a red face when he saw U had solved the broken part mystery

ceejay ~ 25 push ups is great When U feel sick U still clean & do laundry, U r amazing.

Terra ~ I'm happy for U that U r getting more sleep now. I don't know how U get lots of energy w your early hours

Our football game just finished, so I'm going to sleep now. I wonder if everyone got snow today? We got 6" of fluffy beautiful powder all day long & gas is $1.70 gallon a very nice day.

Last edited by miniDoodles; 01-04-2015 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:49 AM   #27  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Deep freeze has hit. Not supposed to get above zero today. Good day to stay inside. I think I'll make some soup and plan some meals for the week. Made a meatloaf yesterday - still looking for the perfect recipe! Tomorrow I am going back to the gym. It's going to be tough - I am still a bit winded from the cold and the head is still a little stuffy. I can feel how much strength I have lost and I notice that my hip is hurting again - not sure if it's the onset of the deep chilly weather but I do think the yoga and movement so far have helped with the usual aches and pains. Downton Abbey starts again tonight! I am missing my washing machine - the wash is piling up but DH said the agitator part is due to be shipped here tomorrow so that's good. I also decided to buy one of those balance ball chairs which I snagged from Amazon at half price. We will see how that works out. I hope it's not too hot to sit on. That's supposed to come tomorrow as well as one last book and a shipment of some hand soaps. I'm sure I will hear about it soon from DH about all the deliveries here lately.

Dee - I am glad you had good luck with your washing machines. I had a JC Penney brand that lasted me 16 years. Traded that out for a fancy Sears brand with all sorts of controls that DH thought was cool - not that he much does the laundry nor would I want him to "man wash" my clothes We had that for 10 years and when we sold our house in Illinois the new owners wanted it and I knew I could not use the gas dryer in Tennessee so we left it for them. Got a new Maytag in Memphis - that lasted 18 months and turned into a mold pit due to a very flawed design. Kissed my money goodbye and purchased the one we have now with crossed fingers. Actually it's held up quite well I must say. The trouble starts when you need a repair according to most of the reviews. They don't teach these poor guys starting out very well how to fix stuff and there is a shortage of capable repair people I suspect like the cable companies - they probably don't pay very well or do things to keep good employees either. I am hoping the new agitator and the next new control board (especially that part) will work and I can get a few more years out of this machine. My Maytag dryer from 2005 is still running fine It's a unique design that has an upper drying cabinet - the lady who bought our house in Tennessee REALLY wanted that dryer but not only was I not going to give it up - they also expected me to leave it to them for FREE. Then again they wanted to offer me $500 for my all wood, high end, barely used dining room set and figured we might want to leave the really large entertainment center in the living room rather than move it out. Some people! Anyway, I digress as usual. Sorry.

We didn't get much snow - just a dusting. But we have plenty of really cold air to share if anyone needs some cooling. Shad???? Between cooking for one and your constant travelling - I would think that meal planning can be challenging for you. Then again, it sounds like you are more of the practical European buy a day or two's food - get less and go more frequently. That makes more sense than what we do here - shop in bulk and toss parts of it out unused at the end of the week. However when it's 5 degrees below zero as it is now, who wants to go out to the store? Not Me You mention lime leaves - I don't think I've ever seen that up this way although we certainly have the lime fruit itself.

Susie - congratulations on scoring a great deal on a brand new car!! How exciting. Sorry to hear of your hip pain but that's wonderful that you have such a good chiropractor who not only adjusts but gives you therapy exercises. It's a pity we have to keep searching for health care workers that actually help us but when you find them - they are gold! Keep doing what you should be doing. Your eating sounds like my friend - she is a vegetarian and will not eat anything that is born or hatched so she eats dairy and eggs. Her hubby is a big sweets and meat lover, I often wonder how their meals go - I think he gets it where he can and eats what she makes at home I would agree with you though that if you are making soups or casseroles for yourself - it's hard to make them in 2 to 3 serving sizes.

Annie - I say a prayer for your brother whenever I think about it. I am glad Sissy took you out for the day and got your mind off your troubles for a while.

Ceejay- be careful with that Cipro if your tummy is already sore. That is mighty strong stuff. As for the rough, raggety voice, hot tea with lemon and honey will go a long way to sooth the soreness and the hoarseness. Boil a pot of water on the stove if you don't have a vaporizer too. Feel better!

Laura - did you get a chance to try the videos yet?

Hi Terra and Michelle - hope you are enjoying your weekend!

The sun is shining brightly. It is deceptively cold out there but looks very inviting from the inside of the windows. I can hear the frosty sirens singing Let me get off of here and get something useful done. Have a good Sunday ladies.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:00 PM   #28  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good Sunday morning ladies,

My last day off before going back to work. I have enjoyed my time off. I was glad to be able to spend more time visiting Bob at the hospital and time with my step-mom playing Scrabble.

Today, I'm getting together with some friends for a doggie play date at the dog park. Then I'll go up to the hospital to see Bob and after that, I'm going to either take Santa on a long walk or go to the gym or both, and then it'll be back to the dog park in the late afternoon.

================================
Annie - Great job on the 13 lb loss. I'm praying for your brother, and for your surgery on Tuesday. Sending you lots of love and hugs, dear sister friend.

Susie - Congrats on the new car! How exciting!!

Shad - I hope you and the cats are able to stay cool and find some breezes.

Laura - I hope your allergies have eased up. Sounds like a nice NYE party. Have you seen the movie "Wild" yet? Or have you read the book? A friend of mine and I are planning to see the movie Wednesday evening.

Ceejay - Well done on all the counter pushups and other exercise.

Happy - I hope you're feeling better today. Bummer about the hip pain. My yoga teacher says "motion is lotion for the joints", which I'm finding to be very true. Sorry to hear about all your appliance woes. I saw on the news about the deep freeze. I do not miss that at all. It's been getting below freezing here at night. I absolutely love balance ball chairs! Well done on snagging it for half price.

Dee - I'd love to see photos of your puppies.

Terra - Good for you for sticking to your walking and chair exercises.

Well ladies, I've got to eat something before I head out to the doggie play date.

Much love to all,
Old 01-04-2015, 12:33 PM   #29  

Height: 5'7"

I skipped church this morning. With my hip and thigh, I need to get up about every 15-20 min and stand so I didn't think that would work.

I'm making a grocery list so that DH can go to Walmart. We haven't done any real shopping in about 2 weeks, other than milk and bread and a bag of salad. So we need to get real food back in this house and meals planned for the week.

I also reworded our budget with the new car payment included so I can see it and keep things on track. I am a stickler for details and I need them as a roadmap for everything that I want to accomplish.

We head back to work tomorrow and it looks like we have snow coming. Why couldn't it have done that when I was off work and didn't need to get anywhere?!

I'm about to finish cleaning the bathroom and then the housework is done. The Bengals/Colt's came comes on at 1. Annie and I will be on opposing sides for this game!

Michelle: It sounds like you have a busy day planned. You are a very good friend to Bob. How is he doing?

Happy: Enjoy your day making the soup and staying warm. I hope the washing machine parts come soon and it is fixed soon. I hate to have laundry piled up but you don't have a choice.

Dee: Our snow is on the way I guess. Our gas is $1.86 a gallon today.

Shad: I am one who would rather have leafy veggies raw as well. Thanks for the examples of how you are making your food so that you don't have to cook all the time. That is the hardest part for us because we don't get home until late. I try to find meals that can be fixed in 30-40 minutes but then there is still the cleanup and such. I had a personal chef at one time for a couple of years and it was so great! She cooked for us 2 nights a week and we would eat the same meal twice and then have a simple sandwich type meal one day a week. We always go out on Friday night and it's easy to cook on Saturday and Sunday's.

On the weekends (now) we try to do things like a pot roast or pork roast with veggies (I just eat around the meat and add cottage cheese to my meal for protein) and then freeze the leftovers or have that at least once during the week.

I need to get the cleaning finished so I can relax and watch the game--or nap!

Have a great Sunday!
Old 01-04-2015, 01:02 PM   #30  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ceejay & Michelle ~ Thanks for commenting on me exercising, I must not be doing all that great though cause I've gained 8 pounds I went from 282 to 289 Ouch!!!!!

Susie ~ Did you get your laundry done? I got mine done yesterday

Dee ~ Yeah I'm glad I'm getting more sleep too

Happy ~ Yes my weekend has been going good. How is your weekend going?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 8:00 a.m. this morning. Its now 11:46 a.m., We are trying to figure out what we're doing for lunch/dinner. Chinese as been brought up and so has Chipolte so we'll see if one gets voted on. After lunch/dinner I'll do my 30 min. walk dvd and then later on tonight I'll do my 40 min. chair exercises, I also need to clean the bathroom sometime today too.
Closed Thread