Old 04-05-2015, 01:23 PM   #46  

Height: 5'2"

Happy Easter to all royals who celebrate and/or just a happy day in general to all royals.

This must be a quickie fly-by as also having a bittersweet day here in sage land.

Plus a lot to do.
Sage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:23 PM   #47  
wsw

hi royals! so nice to find you, and to hear how you all are doing. it definitely put a huge grin on my face that I cannot seem to wipe off.

kaye-so nice to hear you are remarried. I am very happy for you!

sage-hope you are enjoying taking those classes. I am inspired by you, as always.

anagram-sorry you had that trouble with broken ankle and recovery last year. that must have been very challenging.

Arabella-good to see you as well. enjoyed catching up on your posts.

I put a picture of a friend's puppy on my avatar. it may not be my dog, but one of my favorite kinds of dog, to be sure.

I found this thread apparently just when I needed to. I had been getting way off track of late, and need some accountability. I am doing better once again, food and exercise-wise, and want to stay that way. it is so marvelous to see you all, my dear royals. take good care, one and all.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:18 AM   #48  

Huzzah, wsw is in the palace once again. So glad to see you again, royal friend.

And, yes, I am enjoying my classes for the most part. It's a lot of work, but I'm making progress.

I am and always have been inspired by you.

And your avatar puppy is adorable.

Glad things are going well for you in the getting back on track department. I'm there, too. Have been eating quite a lot since I started school, trying to reverse the trend lol.

I'm off to the realm of sleep soon so shall just wish all royals near and far the best and say good night.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:19 PM   #49  

Hello to all Royals near and far!! The Royal computer network was hacked thru the router and at the same time the a hard drive melted on one of the laptops. Oh boy, what a mess and so time consuming to have everything cleaned up, repaired, etc, etc.

and then, DH's Fireman's Banquet had me in the dressing room. YIKES!!

Its time for serious consideration of what's most important.

WSW!!!!!! So glad you found the thread reopened!! How are you??? The last I remember, you were moving to a ground floor palace??? Am I right?? How is it working out??

Empress!!!!! Are you getting in the swing of it now that you have your feet under you a little more?? I keep trying to get my schedule together and finally realize I am also the Queen of Stretching a small project into a long one if I don't keep a schedule.

Up until a few minutes ago, accountability for fitness or eating program felt claustrophobic. But from the view I have tonight, I realize accountability can be the payloader of tool box.

Wood Nymph!!!!! has spring finally arrived in your realm ?? Hoping things are getting green !!!

Anagram!!!! Saw your photo of your trip a few years back to the Vatican!! You always look so Regal!!

My challenge is to report back tomorrow with details of what I have done. Progress not perfection. Any kind of movement is better than none!!!!
Kaye5861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:24 PM   #50  

The palace has needed the a/c for two days and the national news is announcing how the pollen count is breaking all records.

So, early as I can get out there, I am gardening. Adding new plants from my sister's yard or an Iris farm in NC that my mother discovered last summer and getting close to getting the vegetables in.

Yard work proved the weed trimmer needed repair so down to the mall for parts. We miscalculated the Sears entrance and wound up walking the length. The mall was quiet so it was almost as if we had the place to ourselves.

Made a small change that seems to make a difference. Went back to full or at least 2% milk and yogurt.

Royal internet is beginning to be erratic so I say good night before I lose my post. To all Royals, a good evening!!
Old 05-25-2015, 09:37 AM   #51  

Memorial Day already!!!! Seems as though May 1st was just a few days ago!!
Old 06-03-2015, 09:40 PM   #52  

Hello all Royals near and far!!

A cautionary Royal tale that I am not sharing on other social media. About a week ago, as I sat down, I felt something on my upper thigh. When I touched it, it felt like a bug bite and DH said it looked like one too. The next day, sitting was like walking with a stone in your shoe. Difficult. I figured the delicate area and irritating the bug bite by sitting, I should use some antiobiotic crème and a bandaid and in a few days, all done.

Instead, a week later, after lots more bandaids and antiobiotic cream, I woke up before dawn to find the bug bite ( which by the way was much, much larger) was draining. So much so, the bandages were soaked.

So, regular doctor unavailable, off to Urgent care. I wasn't too concerned as I didn't ( and still don't) have a fever and a couple ibrophen made "bug bite gone bad" very comfortable. Urgent Care drew blood, asked if I had been out of the country, worked with sick people, or was I diabetic. They checked my temperature again because the blood test came back showing the white counts elevated. And, then sent me to the Emergency Room because they found the bug bite had become an abcess about the size of almost 2 silver dollars. Luckily, the ER was pleased the abcess had begun draining on its own so a surgical procedure and IV antibiotics were averted.

I am on day 2 of 2 kinds of oral antibiotics and was told it would be a couple of days before I saw an improvement, if this course of treatment is going to work.

So, this is what I have learned. You don't always have to have a fever to have crazy staph infection. Well, that's what we think it is. the culture hasn't come back yet.

The upside of all this. My appetite has been blunted a little. Not a lot. But that is probably a good thing too.

Hope all Royals are well. I have been sitting too long.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:59 PM   #53  

Hard to believe we are in the last week of June. Amazing. Finished my big antibiotics 2 days ago and the "bug bite" has healed tremendously considering what it looked like 20 days ago. Am hoping come tomorrow or Monday to be able to sit on the bike and do something even if its just for a couple of minutes.

Lots of rain this part of the realm. If not raining, high humidity has turned me into mush. Hoping to get myself up and out for short walks early but its so tempting to roll over and catch some sleep.

Hoping everyone is doing well and enjoying the sunny days!
Old 07-02-2015, 12:50 AM   #54  

Hi, Kaye, glad you are feeling better.

Hope all royals near and far are prospering and having a good summer so far.

I am just marking time, anxious to get back to my classes in August and minding my little furballs and citrus trees.

Until we meet again ...
Old 07-07-2015, 07:30 AM   #55  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Happy July, you best and most beautiful of Queenlies!

Something possessed me to step on the scale this a.m. after avoiding it with a vengeance for months and months. While I wasn't thrilled with the reading, I'm down four pounds from last weigh-in, which I can assure you is not the standard for weigh-ins after a long absence. So shall be thankful for small mercies.

I did a 30-day hot yoga challenge in May to try and get a daily habit established and have done pretty well sticking to it -- although end-of-month deadlines played havoc. Also aiming for 10k steps a day and almost always making it.

On the food side of things, I have been eating mostly healthily but not restricting intake much. The intermittent fasting was fabulous to begin with -- weight dropped off the first couple of weeks -- but then slowed right down. I think doing two consecutive days was probably slowing my metabolism. I'm going to give it another shot with two non-consecutive days. Have gotten a little start on it now b/c the royal consort is having a colonoscopy today so I wasn't preparing meals.

Kayelets, so glad that nasty infection is on the way out!

Sage, love the Rumi quote -- so much wisdom, and it translates so well to modern day.

WSW, how are things in your corner of the palace? xo

Anagram, be ye here? Missing you! xo

K, lovelies, let's get out there and make this a good one!

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:36 PM   #56  
wsw

hello royals. happy October, or almost the end of---. just thought I would peek in to the palace and see if anyone was about.
moved to a new apartment on Saturday. madly unpacking. every time I think I have one little corner carved out in a room, the rest of the room looks like a cyclone hit it. I have been working hard at it, though, so think it
will start coming together soon. thinking of you all, dear royals. take care.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:32 PM   #57  
wsw

hello, royals, happy November! I sure do not know
where this year has gone. each year seems to pass more quickly than the last. ah well! still unpacking from my move a couple weeks ago. finally have
my bedroom and bedroom closet finished!! that was no easy task, but pleased with how they came out. I continue to chip away at the boxes, and know that eventually I will get there.

food has been pretty good-sticking to appropriate portions. also have been
keeping up with regular exercising, so pleased about that too. last night, went out for dinner with friends and my portions were a little too large, but
back to dainty portions today.

well, thinking of you, dear royals. hope all is well with you. take care.

Old 03-26-2016, 10:33 AM   #58  
Hot Stuff

*knock*knock* Anybody home in the Palace?

It has been a very long time since I wandered the grounds here. It appears the Royal Gardener hightailed it to more tropical climes. The plants have taken over! Well, I suppose I can work on cutting them back and making the Palace welcoming again for any Royals who might wander by.

I have been trying to find the motivation to get back to some kind of healthy lifestyle. Had gallbladder surgery in October 2014 and have been all over the map since. Each day is a struggle to feel well and too often it ends up with thinking I'm going to feel sick anyway so it doesn't matter what I eat. Some days are better than others but it's never knowing.

In my head, I want to get back to the gym and I want to get back on the plan I know works for me. But I haven't managed to get started, so I thought maybe a stay at the Palace would help. I'll keep the kettle on and a fire in the hearth for any returning Royals, and new Royals we haven't met yet.

In the meantime I'll continue to talk to myself.

Goal #1 : Actually walk through the doors of the gym.
Goal #2 : Stay and do a short work out.

Happy Saturday and Happy Easter to those who celebrate it!
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:56 PM   #59  
Hot Stuff

It's a sad thing to discover that even your workout clothes have become much more snug than you are comfortable being seen in. However, not to be derailed, I found something presentable, charged my iPod, and went to the gym yesterday.

AND I walked through the doors.

AND I did a 45 minute incline workout on a treadmill.

AND I remembered to wear my Fit Bit to track steps.

AND I lived to tell about it.

All in all, I'd call it a success. So, I'm going to do it again. I'm trying to figure out when the gym is least busy. I know Mondays are the worst so I may avoid going on Mondays. But for now I just want to get in the habit of going, doing my thing without killing myself, and when I'm feeling more confidant I'll start planning more involved workouts.

Since I'm talking to myself here, I'll give a hearty "GO ME!" for finally taking the first step.
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:39 PM   #60  
wsw

hi wildfire! so good to see you. you did great by going to the gym!!!! way to go!

just happened to wander by the palace today, and glad that I did. thanks for putting the kettle on, wildfire. definitely have strayed off track, and have not been eating dainty portions of late. want to get back on track, though. well, take care, wildfire, and any other royals who may be wandering by.