Old 09-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #91  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone, The days have gotten away from me and her it is already Wednesday. I have been so tired when I get home from work. I have been working on spreadsheets most of the week, in between all the calendar requests, printing meeting materials, the IM's....and on and on.

The Biggest Loser Challenge has started. We had to pick a make or break habit for the next two weeks and we have a team challenge to walk together 2 times this week for 20 min, so that is where my lunch hours have been.

DH has a CT scan of his kidney on Tuesday. (when they did his CT scan before the ablation they saw a legion on his kidney..this was the same thing that was seen back in January when we had to go through those tests when he had blood in his urine (which went away after he stopped the Xrolto). The tests done in Jan were at our local hospital (and there wasn't anything to be concerned with, they said it was a tiny cyst) and where the CT heart scan was done another hospital and they had no knowlege of the other tests. His doctor said we should re-check so that is what we did.

We haven't heard anything back yet, so I am going to think that no news is good news. If we haven't heard anything back by Friday I will call in the AM. It has been stressful for both DH and I.

Michelle: I am sorry you had an emotional eating moment. It will take time to re-learn that habit but I know you will do it. You did a great job of keeping the vacation weight gain in check. A 1/2 pound gain is very small.

Laura: My DH loves Eddit Bauer clothes. He buys a lot of his clothes there. When I was smaller (60 lbs ago), I liked to shop there too.

What sort of conference are you attending?

Ceejay: Did you get on the bike today? I trust you passed the random drug test? I worked for a company once where we had those, they brought this "bus' like thing to our work and we had to go do them there. I hated that! We all complained about it and they finally sent us to a clinic in town; that felt a bit more private.

Shad: Did you get the yard work in before the heat came in? How do you like your hair after going to the salon?

Happy: Is the cash register back in working order? Sorry to hear that the pressure cooker didn't work out. How is DH feeling? Have you started using the kettle bells yet? I haven't gotten to work out with the weights yet. I will most likely start that next week at lunch. Time to start usuing my lunch hour for workouts a couple times a week.

I too like the Worthington slacks from JC Penny. I also used to love the Lane Bryant dress slacks but they are very expensive these days. I am out trying to find buy some new black slacks this year. I didn't buy any last year so they need replaced. I'm having a hard time finding some because it seems that they tappered or slim leg is in this year and that look doesnt work for me. I need a bit of a flare at the bottom. I found some in a mail order catalog so I'm going to order two pairs and see what I think of them.

Annie: I hope they get your computer soon. This happens at my work place too when we get a new person. At least on Friday you will have the bosses' computer all day and will get all the compliance paper work done.

How nice that your DH had all that done when you got home from work.

Hi Terra: I hope your vacation time is going well. Did you make it to the zoo?

Almost time for bed. One of my make or break habits is to get to a 1/2 hour more sleep than usual so I better head that way.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #92  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Not working in the yard today. I've declared it as a non-slog day. Instead I will get stuck into the kitchen and dining room and get it sorted. There are a few cupboards which can do with a good scrub and clear out. Then I will ensure I have all ingredients on hand for my dinner party on Saturday night. The menu is:
Plum sauce chili calamari (squid)
Pork Ragu with rice and a green salad - or maybe vegetables.
Lemon tart.

Happy - my condolences to the DH. I feel his pain. Tell him to take the anti inflammatories, gentle stretching, rest up. I'd tell him to take Panadol Forte as well but it didn't work for me. Sorry to hear that you took the pressure cooker back, but if it doesn't work for you then it doesn't work for you.

Michelle - glad to hear that you didn't gain much weight when you were on leave. And I hope you had a great birthday. I should have put something on the thread however I have been 'otherwise' occupied.
'fuzzy wuzzy angel' is a New Guinea native, so named because of the rescue missions these mountain people undertook during WW11 to get the troops back over the mountains (Kokoda Track) to safety. You should be able to google them or Kokoda to see images of them.

Ceejay - we used to get random drug tests on mines and refineries as well. They used to come round with a bag of marbles coloured either green or red and there was probably only one green one in the bag. You weren't likely to get a green. Good for you getting the exercise in. My exercise is house and garden at the moment.

Laura - my hair appointment was fine. She took off a lot more this time and thinned it out so it sits neatly around the head. It also looks more blonde since a lot of the brown dye is cut off and only the foils/ streaks remain. I quite like it.
Sounds like your on-line shopping went okay.

Annie - Nice going - only 20 minutes to work. I like that. Damn that the computer hasn't arrived. Sometimes you just have to wonder about the IT priorities in a company. I would have thought that it should be pretty much top priority to get an employee up and running. How nice for you that the DH got the housework done for you. He's a keeper. Has he got an older brother?

Better post and get on with the kitchen. It'll be lunch time soon and the kitchen is a war zone.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:07 PM   #93  

Hiya Susie - posting over my head I see.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #94  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Thursday ladies,

It's my Friday! I'm taking tomorrow off to fly to Southern CA for to see my sister, BIL, nieces, nephew and great-nephew and to meet my new great-niece! I'm thrilled to be seeing them. It's been almost two years since I've seen them (the Christmas before I moved back to CA). Also, my aunt and uncle in San Diego are having a sort of family reunion on Saturday. I'll get to see them, my cousins, their kids (all grown), and my cousin from New Hampshire is flying out for the gathering too!

Last night, I did 45 minutes on the bike at the gym, even though I really wanted to stop at around 30 minutes. Then I went to a weight loss surgery support group.

Tonight, I'm meeting up with a trainer at the gym, and might take Santa to the dog park afterward...or just take him on a long walk. It's been drizzling all morning (which is great, but we need more rain than this), and I don't want to take him to the dog park if it's going to be a muddy mess.

=======================

Annie - So nice that your work allows you to flex your hours a bit earlier so you can miss the commute. I hope you get your computer soon. I'm glad you are in a good place in your life too, sweet sister. I shared a Kohl's Friends and Family discount (20%) on FB a day or two ago. If you didn't see it, let me know. So nice that C got so much done around the house even though he wasn't feeling well.

Susie - I'll be sending prayers for your DH's CT scan next week. Good luck with your make or break habits.

Ceejay - What a PITA that you had to take a random drug test, but most employers are doing those nowadays.

Shad - Other than the calamari, your menu Saturday sounds delicious. I'm just not into calamari, but I know a lot of people who like it. I googled Fuzzy Wuzzy Angel...I'm glad your hair looks better now.

to Happy, Terra and Laura!

Much love to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:56 AM   #95  

Quick post...eating lunch at my desk so I can attend a fun meeting this afternoon put on by our cosmetics business.

The scales at home this moring look like I'll be down about 1 lb tonight on TOPS scales. I wish it were the 5 lb losses that I have had the past two weeks but I know that my body isn't going to keep doing that, nor should it. A healthy weekly loss is 1-2 lbs so if I stay in that range every week I will meet my goals.

I just finshed up watching all Extreme Weightloss makeovers that we had DVR'd and then last night we watched The Biggest Loser. Is anyone watching it this season?

Hi Michelle: enjoy your trip to Southern CA and visiting with your family. Thanks for the prayers for my DH. The CT scan was this week (on Tuesday) and we haven't heard anything so I guess everything is ok. I will call tomorrow morning if they haven't gotten back to me by then, just to be sure.

Shad: Yep, I was typing over your head....good luck on getting those cupboards cleared out and getting ready for your dinner party. All of it sounds yummy to me except the calamari and the pork (as I am a vegetarian) but I know your guests will love it or you wouldn't be serving it.
Do you like to entertain a lot? I have a friend who loves to cook and is always inviting us to dinner and it's fun to go to her house.

Ok..back to work for me. See you all tomorrow
Old 09-18-2014, 12:00 PM   #96  

A friend sent this to me and I thought it was funny so I wanted to share:

My Friends in the Basement

I have 'friends' in my basement. I call them my friends because this makes it easier, and sometimes even fun depending on my mood, to go visit them. They are an old and used bunch but I love them all, some more than others lol, and I am glad to have them around and hanging out in my basement waiting for me.

First and foremost, there is "Leslie". I 'Walk Away the Pounds' with Leslie Sansone, my BEF (best exercise friend) every single day

Then there's "Millie", the treadmill. She is my oldest and most faithful friend and has been with me for lots and lots of years. And lots and lots of miles too!

And then there's "Ike", the bike. He is a grumpy and groaning (the pedals squeak, lol) old fellow and he's also quite a pain in the butt (somebody has GOT to design better seats for bikes!). But he's worth it

Next is "Rowena", the rowing machine. She is the newest addition to my fine group of friends and I'm still getting used to her. I'm sure she'll fit in nicely

And last, but not least, is "Jim", the home gym (weight bench) system, who sits quietly in the corner ever-so-patiently waiting for me to figure him out. I have fibromyalgia though so I'm afraid he might beat me up and leave me hurting. I WILL give him a chance to prove himself though ... just have to work up the courage first

AND ... we could never, ever forget the most important player, my dear sweet "Fannie", the fan, who manages, all by her lonesome, to keep me coming back every day to visit my 'friends' in the basement, and without whom NONE of my exercise endeavors would be possible!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:04 AM   #97  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,
Spent yesterday working in the basement. I made a little headway but lots more to do. Hoping to get a bit more done before the bloke shows up at 10 to give us some suggestions on waterproofing the basement. A friend called yesterday and we went to dinner and the local live theater in town to see a musical duo. It was unexpected but a nice night out. I work this afternoon but truth be told, I'd rather be here doing things, especially now that I got started. Tomorrow is our big autumn festival in town, I hope it won't rain like they are predicting.

Susie - I liked your "friends in the basement" post - thought it might have to do with people gathering dust I hope DH will be ok with the kidneys. Always seems to be something, eh? Great idea about doing a make or break habit. Especially getting a bit extra sleep. So many possibilities. I watched Extreme Weightloss for the first time this season, liked it. I've given up on Biggest Loser.

Annie - between free shipping, shopping the clearance section of the website and discounts (see RETAILMENOT dot com for all kinds of online coupons) - you can snag some new pants for about 12 bucks a pair or so. Go to a Kohls, try on the pants to see how they fit and then shop online. Good luck. I'm with you liking having my hair messed with. When I was young and it was long I loved having someone brush it. We probably were cats in a former life that liked being petted

A blond Shad? I'd like to see that. I'm so used to you as a brunette. Your party food sounds delicious. How are you doing the calamari? I will eat the other's share of it. Yum.

Michelle - have a great weekend with your family and catching up!

Ceejay - we'd get nailed at work for random drug tests - you had 2 hours to report to the nurses station and do your thing, otherwise you'd be hunted down and they'd send nasty emails to your boss, their boss and their bosses boss just to make sure you never skipped out again. Hope your experience is a bit more pleasant. I have to admit, once I looked at the pressure cooker, I wasn't that impressed. I don't think I would have used it a lot BUT it does cook things quickly (like a microwave) so if I was working and wanted to cook dinner in 20 minutes, I might take a shine to it. I think I'd use the slow cooker for less tender cuts of meat.

Laura - hope you enjoyed your conference. Were you planning on doing some networking - hence the slacks and blazer more formal outfit? Or are you standing up in front of 2,000 people doing a presentation? At least you get out early for the weekend.

Hi Terra

Well it's just after 9 so I'd better get off my butt if I'm going to be ready before this guy shows up. Have a good weekend everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:38 PM   #98  

Afternoon all.

My conference ended at 12:30 and I went home, changed clothes and got on the laptop to take care of the e-mails I received while out of the office yesterday and today. Nothing urgent, thankfully.

Happy - I can understand wanting to keep rolling with the work in the basement since you were in a groove. What did the basement guy have to say? Is there hope for your basement? Sure hope so. Re the conference - no I didn't do a presentation!!! The dress code for it was actually business casual, so I was okay with my existing clothes, but I've been meaning to do some updates to my work wardrobe, and I definitely wanted something that could work for more formal situations such as the occasional important meetings and industry group functions. However, the blazer & pants I just bought is not it - more later.

Susie - LOL re the Friends in the Basement! Thanks for sharing it. How did the TOPS weigh-in go? I hope the outcome re your hub's kidney scan were good. I'm not watching either of those weight loss shows at the moment. So I take it the make or break habit is something you deem critical to your health/weight loss journey?? The conference I went to is for risk managers. I chose to attend several sessions concerning cybersecurity because it's a hot topic and our board of directors is sure to be asking about it and expecting our group to have gotten a start on how our company needs to protect itself.

Michelle - Enjoy the family time this weekend in SoCal. Re secondhand clothes - nope, undergarments not something I'd buy at a thrift shop either.

Annie - Do you have your computer yet???? Here's one: My hair appointment went fine - I haven't been doing anything different with cut or color lately. I do love when the shampoo person gives me a scalp massage!!! : Good luck on the hunt for bargain work pants.

Shad - Glad you like the way your haircut turned out. I'm not adventurous with mine at all. The calamari sounds tasty - I love that sweet/spicy combo. How did your dinner party go - oh wait, it's on Sat. night, not Friday. Good luck to you and hope all enjoy the vittles and each other's company. My online purchases were hit and miss.

Hellos to Ceejay & Terra!!

==
My conference is over and I'm sitting at the laptop in the dining room. Windows are open and it's sunny and mild outside, if a bit on the breezy side. Okay, downright windy.

On Wed. night, the day before the conference, I finally tried on the blazer I bought online. It was the same size at my matching slacks, but the blazer was a bit snug for my liking. Both of those items will be returned, since the fit was the tipping point for my keep vs. return decision. I'll also return a casual top that has some decorative stitching that causes the fabric to bow out at the sides and I don't like that.

The one thing from the orders that I'm keeping is the cotton blazer. See it here: http://www.eddiebauer.com/product/le...tab=&color=808

The conference was alright. Not as heavily attended as in the past. Some of the speakers were not all that great - hate when they mostly read from the powerpoint presentation. Most of the sessions were alright, but some weren't really covering what was described in the program. Sigh.

Don't have anything pressing remaining in email, so I will knock off the laptop shortly and go out for some lunch.

This evening I'm doing a survey, so I'll leave the house around 5:00. The survey has something to do about shopping or retail stores.

Tomorrow will be Jazzercise class. Bf and I are going to a surprise 50th bday party for a friend of bf's later in the day. I'm not close with that friend or the rest of the group, and I know bf will want to stay later than I will. The party is at a bar/restaurant right across the street from a Metra station on my line, so I might just skip out early and take the train home. On the other hand, bf might want me to be the designated driver...hmm. We'll have to work this out before we go.

That's about it for me, so I'll get this posted. Everyone have a great weekend.

PS - Yesterday's home weigh-in showed no change from last week. It's a miracle!

Last edited by Laura705; 09-19-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:01 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Can't make up my mind to go eat lunch with the uncles or not. It will depend on the weather.
Yesterday I made it to the community center's gym. I walked 10 minutes and rode the bike for 20 minutes. Did the abs machine, lower back machine and upper back machine. Today I rode the bike for 30 minutes then went to the inner thigh machine, chest fly machine, upper back machine, lower back machine and the abs machine. I'm not going to over to it to the point that I'm so sore I can't move so I've only completed 20 reps on each machine using 30 pound weights. I'd like to go more often but it's getting dark earlier. So I'll have to play this by ear. Also forgot that I used the leg press at 75 pounds for 15 reps.
Reason the drug test. We only have about thirty minutes also. But I'm not to worried. The only thing that may show up is my anxiety med. As soon as my boss called me to be a the light office I started drinking water. I guzzled 24 ounces in 30 minutes.

Susie
I thought you would be talking about books. You've got quite the assortment of exercise equipment. My friend has fibromyalgia.

Happy
Once I get started on cleaning I don't want to stop. How many day's a week are you working now at the Thrift Store?

Shad
The smell of squid makes me sick to my stomach. I'm not a seafood person at all. Okay I'm curious about the blonde hair.

Terra
How's your foot healing. Are you still walking?

Annie
You still don't have a laptop? Surely you have one by now.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-19-2014 at 05:03 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:27 AM   #100  

Hi ya all,
Been a busy day. I shifted a cubic meter of garden soil (20 barrow loads) cleaned and washed every floor in the house. Prepped and cooked a three course dinner and put some laundry on as well. I'm tired and ready for work.
My dinner menu worked okay. The pork ragu wasn't as tasty as the last time I made it, but it was okay and the squid went down a treat. I swapped out the lemon tart for chocolate fondants with strawberries and cream. They were well received as well. A few drinks, good friends, makes life worthwhile.

With that I am worn out and need to go to bed. I will be back in the morning with personals. Not so hectic tomorrow.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:04 AM   #101  

Good morning. I have been up since 7:30 a.m. I have dusted the office and got it in order (still need to bring some books from the garage and get them back on the book shelve...or do I? )

Maybe it is time to toss them or donate them. I'm at least going to bring the box back into the office so I will get on with whatever I'm doing with it...in the garage it is too easy to overlook..it has been sitting there since April!

I didn't have that great of a loss at TOPS but I did have one .2 lbs. We do record that, so it counts! I think I didn't lose because of the stress I have been dealing with due to DH medical tests. Waiting is so hard.

We did get a report back that the lesion on the kidney is just a simple cyst and nothing to worry about. It has even shrank since January. BUT, they noticed infection in his lower intestine. They are not sure why. The doctor said it could be from diverticulitis or a fistula from when he was scoped in January. The mystery is they say he should be in intense pain...but he isn't.

DH's primary care doctor is going to be reviewing all the tests and procedures that DH has had and talking with his colleagues to get a plan in place as to the next thing we need to do. He said that he doesn't want to keep sending DH for test after test after test (thank goodness) he wants to figure out what test is really needed to move forward and get DH well. We are going into the office on Tuesday to talk about it.

The doctor has assured us that none of this is cancer--that is relief!

Today we are cleaning house, grocery shopping and then heading out this evening for dinner at The Root Beer Stand (it closes for the season after lunch on Wednesday). Also planning to stop at DSW and get me a pair of casual black shoes. I had a pair or Born's (sp?) that I have had for 3 years and I went to put them on yesterday and noticed that the entire sole on the bottom as cracked, so this is a need, not a want. DSW is my favorite place to buy shoes. With all my feet problems I have to have sturdy shoes and they have them..and they are fashionable...and pricey but not having feet that hurt is priceless!

Shad: You should have all your spring cleaning almost done? You have been working very hard on all of it..as well as the yard. I need that kind of energy.

Happy: I hope you got good news about the basement. I am like you that when I get into a project like cleaning up an area, I don't like to stop..I just want to finish it.

Ceejay: Good job at the gym! I don't have that many "friends" in my basement! But I did find it funny because it rings true about all the "things" we have or did have that we accumulate for our weight-loss and health.

Laura: I'm sorry that you had to return some of the clothes but if you don't love them when you put them on, the best thing to do is return them, because truly you won't wear them.
Did you have fun at the birthday party?

Hi Annie and Laura and Michelle

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 09-20-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:32 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Went to Paragould to eat lunch with the uncles and came back home. Wasn't planning on staying.
I did take lunch to an invalid aunt and my cousin and visited with them. At least every one doesn't hate me.
Gasoline has gone down to $2.99 a gallon in Paragould. It hasn't been that low in years.
I still need to clear off my desk in the home office and iron my work clothes and plan out what I'm going to eat next week.
------------------

Susie
I'll take a .2 loss. At least it's not a gain. From some of the show's on HGTV they always say that if you have had it boxed or not used it in the last 6 months to discard it.

Shad
Now that I will have more time on my hands I should be cleaning out some cabinets myself.

More later.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-21-2014 at 09:29 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:46 PM   #103  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi everyone,

Pretty fall day outside. We are about to go for a ride and check out the trees. The colors are incredible this year - brilliant scarlets, oranges and golds. And they are turning quickly so don't want to miss a chance for some great pictures. Have a good Sunday, I'll try and get back later tonight.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #104  

Afternoon all.

Ceejay - Sounds like you had a good workout at the gym the other day. That's a good price for gas.

Shad - Your dinner party sounds like a success. Hope you've gotten a good rest after that very full day.

Susie - Glad to hear that the kidney thing is nothing too serious. How was the dinner at the Rootbeer Stand? Did you find some shoes at DSW? Any loss is a good loss! Good job!

Happy - It's windy and in the low 60's today, and partly cloudy, so it feels like fall here today. Not much color change in the trees though...but the squirrels are starting to harvest the acorns on our oak tree in the backyard...Hope you enjoyed the fall color today. Any good photos?

Hellos to Terra, Michelle & Annie.
==
I skipped my Jazzercise class Saturday morning, but I did get down in the basement to do two Body Electric workouts later in the morning.

The 50th birthday party was nice. I'm not particularly close to the people at this party (they are bf's friends from way back when), but it was good seeing them. I ended up taking an 8:55 train home because the plan was to continue the party at the host's house after the party ended at 10 pm and I knew bf would want to stay much later than I would.

I was waiting a few minutes for the train with a group of people doing a pub crawl via Metra. Many of the stops have downtown areas with restaurants and pubs, so it's a fun outing with no driving. That would be a fun thing to do with a group of people.

Haven't done much today except a trip to the nearby Walmart neighborhood market for a few things, including some red lentils for soup I'll make tonight.

Still haven't eaten lunch, and the dog needs his walk, so I'll get this posted and get going. Cheers!

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:22 PM   #105  

Morning all,

Guess what? It rained overnight. Pretty heavily too from what I can see. Oh yeah! Must be getting old to be so excited about rain!

Yesterday went past in a bit of a blur. I went out to get some fertiliser for the garden and ended up with a few new plants and things for the garden. Then mowed the lawns and cleaned up after the Silky Oak tree. It is losing its leaves just before the flowers begin to show and makes a bit of a mess. But it is worth it to see the parrots chowing down on the flowers. Today I need to go fertilise the veges and start on the next part of the back garden revamp. It's all go I tell you. Then I might go and buy my new bed.

Susie - a loss is a loss is a loss. Take it. It's on record. Hope DH is feeling better and you get some good answers soon. Did you get all your planned shopping done?

Ceejay - your family sounds somewhat dysfunctional. Who is not speaking to whom now?

Happy - hope you enjoyed the ride and saw some lovely colours out there.

Laura - Good for you for going home early from the party. Nothing worse than sitting around not enjoying yourself.
Okay - lots of things to do today. Better get on with it before the sun gets too hot. Not much to do in the house today since I did most of it on Saturday. Still best not rest on my laurels and just get on with doing what has to be done.