The Pounds Will Be Falling Off The Worldlies Like The September Leaves (Sept.Thread)

You're on Page 5 of 11
Go to
  • Morning all.* TGIF!!

Terra – What movie are you seeing today?

Happy – Not enough Novocain sounds like a nightmare!* * What a project DH has taken on digging the trench – that’s hard work.* Also hard to think of shelling out a large amount of $$, but it sounds like it needs to be done to keep the water out of the house.* You’ll get through it, even if there’s some sacrifice involved. * Is the new yoga class you’re going to the one with the very popular instructor, or a different one?* At least the location is convenient!* Re your comment to Susie re loss of muscle tone – it sure doesn’t take long to lose it, but it’s always there for you to gain back through exercise (strength training).* That’s something Margaret R. always mentions in her workout videos.* Speaking of which…the last video MR did was in 2012.* I’ve been buying her dvds here and there when there’s a decent sale on her site.* The last one I bought is an oldie from 2000.* The basics don’t change, it’s just interesting to have a variety of videos. I haven’t noticed a color change in the leaves yet around here yet.* Glad to hear that all the rain recently will make for good color.* I’m just glad that the rain/wind/chill got rid of the cicadas, LOL!* Wow, lots of good veggies you picked up.* I just have to get to a farmers market this season – I’ll make a point to get to our village’s market this Sunday.* It’ll be fun for you to try out the pressure cooker.* My mother had one and I recall that thing was pretty noisy…and a bit scary, LOL.* I’m sure they’re safe if you follow the directions.* I definitely want to start using our slow cooker more frequently.*

Just saw your latest post.* Brrrr, 28 degrees.* It did occur to me this morning that it must be mighty cold for my tomato plants.* I hope they’re okay and that we get enough warmth and sunshine soon to ripen up all the tomatoes on them.* I might have to fill a few empty milk jugs with water and let them absorb the warmth of the sun so they can keep the plants warm at night.* Ooh, fresh pasta.* Yum.* That’s another gadget bf wants to buy.* I’d like to see him finally use the sausage attachment we bought for our Kitchenaid mixer last year…

Susie – Congrats on your weight loss this week – great job!!* Good to get into a strength training routine.* And smart to hold off on buying equipment until you have an idea of what you’ll need.* I’ve accumulated a variety of hand weights/dumbbells over the years.** They’re such a basic, you won’t feel they’re a waste like other types of equipment can be.* And you can start out with a couple pairs of light weights and when you’re ready for heavier weights you can combine two weights in one hand.* I checked out Happy’s link – cans of food are something everybody has available.* LOL re the never-used pressure cooker – you’ll have to let us know if you still have it!* I’d love it if you’d share one of your favorite crockpot recipes here.* Enjoy your time at Kings Island*tomorrow!*

Hi Ceejay – Has your weekend started yet?* Have a nice one.* Are you off to Jonesboro?*

Michelle – Sure sounds like you’re having a nice vacay!* Miss ya gf and can’t wait to see some pics when you get back!

Hellos to Shad & Annie!

--

Nuttin’ much to report.* Yesterday’s steps were 6,945.* I did a Body Electric workout after work that worked the biceps, triceps, hamstrings and outer thighs.* Then I did my squat challenge.**Today’s a rest day for the squats.* I’m on Day 16 already!* I did a set of 12 pushups and then another set of 5 a few minutes later.

Nothing much planned for the weekend.* Bf has been saying he wants to get out on our bikes for a ride.* He’s one to change his mind, so I might have to go out on my own if I really want to get a ride in.* I’d also like to tackle another chore out in the yard.* I don’t know if the timing is right, but I’d like to divide a couple large clumps of sedum we have in our long border out back.* We have a good amount of spring and summer-blooming perennials back there, and I just started putting in more sedum.* They’re nice because they bloom around this time.*

And then there’s the Bears game to watch on Sunday night.*

Okay, enough rambling!* Time to post. Have a good weekend everyone!
  • Laura
    My week end started yesterday. Got a lot done. My gf and I are planning a get together this afternoon. Then I'm spending the night with her. Yes it's another hour's drive. But one of these day's I will not be doing this any more. Depending on where I land at retirement.

------
    I got most of the apartment cleaned and I feel good about that even the laundry is done. I do have a few pieces to iron but that will not take long when I get back tomorrow.
    I need to check some thing on line then it will be time for me to leave.
  • Happy ~ The HOT In Cleveland episodes I watch are on T.V. Land and King Of Queens come on after HOT In Cleveland, I've never heard of the show Mom.

Laura ~ All the votes were for E.T. so that was the movie for today's movie day
  • Hello All....made it through the first week! Yeah!! Was not an easy task as my computer still has not arrived. Other than getting on my bosses computer during his lunch hour, I have no access which limits me to what can be done. I get my NEED to get done things done while he is at lunch. i.e. time tracking, direct deposit sign up, W4 forms completed, etc. Oh and I did get signed up for the health plan...BCBS Anthem, dental, and vision. It does not kick in till Nov 1. Have to work a complete month, 1st to the 31st for insurance to kick in. Since I started on Sept 8, the first full month will be October. I dropped Obamacare so I hope things go smoothly for the next 7 weeks. Yeeee...I LOVE my boss and co-workers, so far. All so nice. They bought my lunch the first two days and my boss keeps buying me starbucks even tho I don't ask, he just does it. Once he found out what I like (Chai tea) he just brings it. From what I can tell once I get my computer, I will be swamped with work. Processing mortgage loans for commercial sales for a couple of the salesmen. Contracts also doing a lot of reports for pipeline calls. It all sounds very interesting and some of it I have never done before so I am sure to stay motivated. My first check will not be until the 29th of Sept, which cannot get here soon enough. We are located just off Indianapolis circle downtown in the 300 block of N. Meridian Street, which is one of the spokes off the circle. 16th floor. I have a HUGE huge cubicle with almost to ceiling height walls. Size of a small bedroom. lol.....my travel to work is about 5 mins. LESS than driving to the north side. As I don't have to take I70- or I465 around to the north side of Indy. I jump on a major side road a couple blocks from my addition and it is a straight shot to downtown. Depending on what time you get to the parking garage, until I can get on direct pay from my check, is 6, 7 or 11 dollars a day. All reimbursable. 18 vacation days, 2 floater days, and all the same days off as Wallstreet and banks. The weird days....kind of like when I worked at American Funds. Right outside our building are Panera Bread, Subway, LePeeps, Starbucks, some sort of pizza place and many others in the neighboring blocks. I have taken my lunch everyday so far. Too cheap me! I am posting this before I lose it and will continue in the next post.
  • Back....

LAURA...isn't it quite chilly there for a bike ride? We have not even hit 60 yet today and TV says may not. Bleh. I admire you for all the exercising you get done and the challenges you do. You do know I exercise vicariously through you. lol. Where do you usually order your clothes from on-line? I am in need of new dress pants, Fat girl is in a loose fit 16 or very tight fit 14, far cry from the 6-8s I used to wear. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on me!

CHELLE...I know I missed your birthday here on 3FCs but did text you and called you and left message which I know you got. Your posts on FB sure indicate how much fun you are having and how VERY HAPPY you are these days. See now, remember when I told you, you would one day look back at all that BS and be so happy it did not matter anymore. That day is here and has been here for a bit. Cheers to you sister. How did Santa survive the vacation?

HAPPY....I have not seen our hummingbird for the past couple of days, it must of headed even further south than this. DH better be careful while digging the trench, watch his muscles and health. No injuries or sicknesses. Are you still enjoying working at the thrift store? or has it become a pain?

SUSIE...oh King's Island, that is me and my DDs favorite place to go. We normally go just the two of us every year, however have not been in the past 3 years due to kiddos. We are going to try to plan a trip in 2015. That would be a great place for you and I to meet up. It is about a 2 hour drive for me.

CEEG...while you are in the cleaning mode, drop on by and help me. I can't seem to get motivated to do any cleaning these days. Hope you had a great afternoon with your GF. Retirement will be here before you know it. I only have 10 1/2 years left till retirement...bleh.

TERRA...how is school going and are you keeping up on your walking?

SHADDIE...how is your backing coming along. Did you get most of your garden out. My garden is still producing tons of tomatos and had 6 cucumbers grow on mostly dead vines. Strange. Jalapenos and banana peppers left, that is about it. My zucchini, green and red peppers did not fare well at all this year nor did my yellow squash or spinach.

C and I are going to a wedding this evening for one of the younger kids I worked with at CVS. C knows her from delivering there back in the day when I met him. DD is going also as she became friends with her also as they had babies real close in age when Jacob was born. Breast feeding issues, rashes, etc. So we are all going.

I only got to see my grandbabes on evening this week, sure do miss the crap out of them. I will get to see them tonight at the wedding and Ainsley also as it is her weekend with her daddy. Tonight will be fun.

Better hop off of here and get my kitchen mopped, scoured and dusted. Then a bit of laundry, I am proud of myself that I have kept the laundry mostly done all week long and only have one load to do today.

Oh and my boss is also a certified personal trainer. FREE training....I am nuts if I don't take that one up. But you all know me pretty well, I hate exercising, so we shall see....hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Make is a great weekend all....love and hugs from a very grateful sister to you all.
  • Hi Everyone--just paid the bills. I'm so thankful for my job when I sit down to pay bills. I'm also thankful for the OT I put in last Sunday that was on this weeks' check....we took the "work" car to get it checked out and aligned before winter creeps in on us. We knew it needed aligned..and it needs two new front tires (due to it being out of alignment) and struts. These are the first struts I have ever put on it and it's almost 10 years old so I'm ok with that.

They have to order the struts and tires and we will drop it off on Wed morning to get it all fixed. So, we will be driving the new (2013) aka known as "My" car to work most of this week. I am thankful we can ride together to work, as we usually do. It saves miles on the new car and also $$ on gas.

We did some housecleaning last night, went to the mechanic this morning, had breakfast at Big Boy (I behaved myself and didn't over indulge but had a good meal), grocery shopped at Walmart (will do Kroger tomorrow). DH had a dental cleaning. I am about to get the whites out of the dryer and put away, have a bite to eat for lunch (we will eat at KI for dinner, and I am planning on sharing a funnel cake with DH at some point).

Annie: Your new work place sounds wonderful! (as soon as you get your computer it will be even better). I'm so happy for you.

I would love to meet you at KI next year!!! Really..let's plan that. It is about a 45 min drive for me. I am not going to be able to ride all the rides I want to this year due to being so overweight (not able to fit in the roller coaster seats or have the bar come down and I refuse to get in and have them have to "work" to get the bar locked--to embarrassing. But next year.....when you guys come to KI, I'm riding all of them because I WILL fit!

Have fun at the wedding tonight!

Happy: How did your shift go at the store? What plan do you have in place (or looking to get into place) to help rebuild the muscle mass? I'm looking forward to hearing about it. Let's keep each other motivated on that.

I was/am pretty scared of the pressure cooker as I remember how that metal thing on top could fly off! I do hear they have a safety valve on them now....I'll let you try it first

I hope the excavating isn't to many $$. I'm sure it will feel expensive but you think of the expense you have already had to incur with the repeated floods and the work, effort and time that you and your DH have been putting in just to save your house from the damage of the water and how the excavating will help the issue I'm sure it will seem worth it.

Terra: I love to watch the Hot in Cleveland show. It's so funny. Is it cooling down where you live and making it easier to get your walks in?
    How is the quilt coming along? I haven't heard you mention it lately.

Ceejay: Have fun at your gf house. What all do you have planned during your visit?

Laura: I too would like to know where you are ordering clothes on-line from? I have bought things from Jessica London and I really like there sweaters.

I see that you are doing good with the challenges and with your steps. I hope you get your yard work plans in as well as that bike ride.

Ok..time for me to get some home office paper work filed in here, have a pbj and some peppers and cucumbers and then off to KI. All the walking and the fresh air and riding the scrambler, the flying boat, maybe the spider and maybe the drop zone (if I can talk myself into it..it's pretty high!) and being with our nieces and standing in line with them for the coasters should help me to sleep very well tonight. I'm taking a couple of Advil before we go and when I get home, so that I can move tomorrow!
  • Annie ~ School is going good and yeah I walked today for the first time in a week and I'm gonna walk again in 30 mins.

Susie ~ Thats cool that you love HOT In Cleveland also. No its not cooling down here, It was nice and cool last week but this week its suppose to be in the 80's again
  • I woke up at 5:00 a.m. when my alarm went off but I fall back asleep for 25 mins and then I got up, Its now 6 a.m. and I'm gonna go walk outside in an hour and then I'll do my first 2 mile walk at noon and my 2nd one at 6 or 6:30 tonight. I'm gonna finish my laundry this morning also. I cleaned the bathroom on Friday afternoon, I dont know if it will need cleaned again before Tuesday when my mom and I go get my aunt. My vacation from school started at 3 p.m. on Friday and My mom starts her vacation from work tomorrow after 2 p.m. and we both go back on the same day which is the 24th. We are going to the buffet Tuesday night cause my aunt's city doesnt offer snow crab legs at their chinese buffet and then on Wed. we are going to the ZOO!!!! So that should be fun. Its gonna be alot of walking but I'm up to the challenge.
  • Happy
    It was 56 this morning when I came to week. I love it. Wow, hope the DH doesn't over do it with all the digging. My mom used a pressure cooker. But I don't. I'm afraid of them, You have to be extremely careful to let the pressure go down before you take off the lid. I can remember when I was about 14-15 and outside talking to my neighbor friend and she was using the pressure cook and we heard something blow. The thing had exploded and all the food in the pot was on the ceiling sides of the wall etc. We both laughed but since i was talking to her I helped her clean up the mess. That was a job.

Annie
    Wow, a boss that's a personal trainer and one who brings Chai tea! My sister and her children like that tea but not me. I see you will be getting BCBS. The city has gone to them and so far I like it. The city, plus BCBS wanted us to use their web sight and motivated us to sign up for a free floating holiday. The only down side is that we have to now go get a physical. I'm going to go get mine Thursday. This is for another free floating holiday. Hey, it's free why not.

Susie
    I hate to spend extra money for things like tire's for the car.

Terra Hello
    -------------
    My week end was good. Visited my friend in Jonesboro as I needed to have some one around my own age to talk to. She was ready for a break too. She's been living with her niece to help save some money but when all is said and done she's taking care her nieces 4 children and spending more money. So she's not getting much rest. I think in a way that it's been good for her but it's beginning to cause trouble between them. She's ready to move out. Oh we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Jonesboro so she could get away. They had a fitness room. I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes. It was .9 miles. So I was pleased. This equipment was state of the art. Makes me want to start going back to the gym.
    I almost laughed at my co-workers note wanting me to train her as to what I do so she would know when I retire. She already does it except for the fluoride sample to the health department. I'm going to make an extra copy to show her which of the blanks fill out.
  • Hi ladies,

Ok, so we are all in agreement that we are all afraid of the pressure cooker Yes, I surely don't want food exploding all over my kitchen nor do I want the lid taking my head off - but this is a new model and they have safety locks on them now. I may try and do a bone in pork roast and compare the results to making it in my crockpot.

It's a nice autumn day out there - sunny but cool. I think I am going to wait for the temperatures to warm up mid week before I go finish weeding out the garden bed. There is a chance that the soil will dry up and become a bit more hard, but I'm thinking it will still be on the looser side in the garden bed.

Will have to head to Walmart today :P Not my favorite although more people will be heading back out of town today than into town so hopefully it won't be too bad. I need a few things and I have to pick up the last of the supplies needed at the Thrift Shop - hopefully we will be stocked up for a while. And then it's some cleaning, some cooking and some laundry.

Ceejay - 56 is kind of cool for you, no? It's nice that you got to spend some time with your friend and get her away. Goes to show you that no matter how much you like someone, it's hard to live with another person. Eventually I think you get on each other's nerves. Even my Mom didn't want to move in with her youngest sister when she was widowed. As much as they were close like 2 peas in a pod, they still had some difference of opinions that would put a strain on things enough that they realized they were better struggling living alone rather than a more convienient moving in together. I think it's great your co-worker is thinking ahead and trying to learn as much from you as possible before you leave - puts less strain on you in the end.

Terra - I can't think of a more fun place to get in a good walk than at the zoo - yes, you do a lot of walking but you have all the animals to distract you so you don't think about how far you've gone until the end of the day when you sit down exhausted. Enjoy your vacation!

Susie - sorry to hear about all the car expenses but it's cheaper to maintain a good car than have to replace one. And yes, it's also good having a regular paycheck to cover those occasional expenses. I think about that at times - maybe look for a job but with part time and minimum wage, I'd have to work all year just to pay one bill AND fight with all the locals to compete for getting that job. Your mention of the Big Boy restaurant brought back some memories. It's been years since I've been to one - probably back in Illinois I think. My plan for rebuilding muscle is to start using the kettle bell I bought a while ago, put more of an effort into getting enough steps in (maybe get a fitbit - still thinking about that) and I will probably go to the Sparkpeople website to look up some simple weight bearing exercises - I think there are 7 basic moves you can do to cover major muscle groups - I might even have a saved PDF on my computer. I think it's great to motivate each other and I accept your challenge.

Annie - yes I am still working at the thrift shop but I plan to cut back to one cashiering shift a week at the end of the month. I have too many things I need to do here at home before the really cold weather comes in and I won't be able to work in the garage anymore so I want to focus on that. Things are quieting down at the store anyway. I'm so glad you are happy with your co-workers so far - that means a lot. Had to really about your boss being a personal trainer - knowing your love of "exercising vicariously" through others here. Hey - that could be very motivating. Sounds like you will have lots to learn on the new job - but you have the base important talent of wonderful organization - that's something you can't learn - everything else is details you will pick up as you go. I hope they appreciate you!

Laura - yes, the yoga class is with the instructor that I really like a lot. And it's only 4 miles away which is way better for the upcoming winter weather. I sure do hope Margaret is right about being able to build back muscle tone - certainly willing to give it a try and they also say building good support muscles are important for things like alleviating arthritis pain. Sounds like the Bears game is a perfect way to relax after spending the day in the yard doing landscaping work. I hope you made it out to get in a bike ride. This time of year is perfect for enjoying the paths.

Well I think it's high time I got off the computer and got busy. I am going to make some avocado toast - saw a few recipes on Facebook posts yesterday and I got a few small ones I need to use up. Will be great on the whole grain bread from the Menonite lady at the farmers market, sprinkled with a few sunflower seeds and some raisins if I can figure out where DH put them - true to form her rearranged my kitchen cabinets while I was gone. I am trying to ignore how mad that makes me...

Anyway, enjoy your Sunday chicks. Hello to all the Wordlies.
  • Happy
    I'm sure that they have improved the pressure cookers. But I would watch it closely. I don't even like a balloon to pop in my face, so you can imagine my fear.
    We talked about having separate apartments but close to each other. So we would not get on each others nerves and have our own space but be close if we needed one another. That would be perfect for me.
    -----------------------
    I may go to Social Security office on Thursday to check out things. I don't mind working. I looked on line and may want to work one more year. I'd get a few hundred more dollars this way. I really don't want to work here until I'm 66, but I may need to.
  • Morning all,
    Yes I am back - and hopefully won't lose this post. My back is not quite back to normal but close enough and I put in 40 minutes in the front garden this morning without it complaining too much. I'm still taking the anti-imflammatories but I have given the pain killers away - partly because the pain level has been bearable over the last couple of days and partly because I didn't feel any better when on them than I do off them so they weren't doing too much anyway.

I'll not do personals, it is too far back to where I have to catch up, but I did read most of the posts - Annie's back at work, Michelle is on leave, Susie has had a good loss. So things are moving along.

Which is what I should do, go shower, have breakfast, annoy the cat, change the bed, and generally tidy up before going shopping for the weekly groceries. Later it will be water the vege patch and the pots, lay down some more mulch and weedmat. knockout a few more edging blocks and possibly mow the lawn.
  • Hi Everyone. I can't believe it is almost Monday already. I am about to start heading to bed so I can get there by 10:30.

We had a great time at KI and there were only two coasters that I couldn't ride, do to it not fitting "larger people". next year I WON'T be a larger person...I just won't!

We walked and walked and I didn't sit down much for the 8 hrs we were there. My fit bit went off around 5 p.m that I had 10,000 steps in. We got there are 2:30 and left at 10 p.m. I need to download my fitbit to see how many steps I actually did that day!

Today was church, a nap, clean the bathroom, work for 2 hours and then clean up dinner and two loads of laundry done. I have two more to finish this week.

We start our Biggest Loser work contest tomorrow. I will share with you all about it as I go along.

Happy: Yeah for getting those kettle balls out and using them. Did you find a workout on Spark people?
    Did you try bone in pork roast in the pressure cooker?

Ceejay: It sounds like you had a great min-vacation with your friend. I'm glad you got to get away.

Terra: You will enjoy the zoo and get a lot of walking in..that about a week away right? How nice that you will have a vacation coming up.

Shad: Glad to hear that the back is on the mend. Don't push it to hard.

See you all tomorrow.
  • CJ ~ Hi, How was your day? My day was good.

Happy ~ Yes walking around the ZOO will be go exercise, Yeah your right the animals make you not think about all the walking your doing until you leave the ZOO, I will enjoy my vacation, Thanks

Susie ~ So So Sorry I only answered half of your question, The quilt is coming along good, I havent worked on it in a couple of weeks though but I did buy the basting spray, the batting and a square sewing ruler which I should of bought before I started sewing LOL. We are gonna go to the Zoo on Wed. the 17th so in 4 days. My vacation actually started after 3:00 pm on Friday but Mom's doesnt start until after 2 pm tomorrow.
  • I woke up at 7 a.m. this morning, Too late to go for my morning walk outside. I'll still do my 2 mile walk at noon and again at 7 pm tonight. At 2:30 pm today Mom and I are going to Walmart to do our weekly shopping. I'm looking forward to going to pick up my aunt tomorrow with my mom and I'm looking forward to dinner tonight and tomorrow and I'm looking forward to going to the ZOO on Wed. Its gonna be a fun week. I'm also gonna help my mom with her projects that she is gonna do while she is on vacation.