Old 08-25-2014, 08:59 AM   #31  

Good morning to you ladies. Same old recording, hot and sticky today. I want to get the vacuuming and mopping done today and I have a load of laundry ready to put in the dryer I need to get going before the heat gets up so high and the dryer heats up the house.

Today was weigh day and I am down another 3.2 lbs! I have lost about 20 lbs in the last 6 weeks or so and I am all for that

I finished the baby blanket and here is a picture of it and the hat. I am waiting for the yarn to be shipped to make the baby socks as I had to order fingering yarn. I have to say I am glad to be done with the blanket. It puts a lot of strain on my shoulders and arms and hands when the blanket gets longer and longer and heavier and heavier.

Jean: The AC does ok as long as you don't have to hang out in parts of the house. The dining room area can get pretty warm and if you head up the stairs about half way up you can really tell the difference if the ac unit upstairs isn't on. We don't run it when we are downstairs. I grew up on Miracle Whip too and don't like mayo as well as Miracle Whip. I buy the lite style as I don't like the ff at all. I think it tastes really metallic. Hope you caught up on your sleep!

Susan: I take my own stuff into the theater too. I like to take the little Glucerna bars. I don't eat popcorn as I have a lot of trouble with the kernel pieces. We pay $7 for a senior price matiness. Movies are $8 here, which is ridiculous, but the truth is they are trying to make their money back because the movies themselves cost millions now. We have to really want to go to even frequent the movies. We only go once in awhile. Sure hope the storm doesn't give you too much trouble. We are watching for sure since we go pretty much smack dab in the middle of hurricane season.

You all have a wonderful week. Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg babytoschlog.jpg (46.7 KB, 6 views)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #32  

Good Morning! The sun is shining, the humidity is much lower, and it's a beautiful day in my neighborhood. The three of us balanced at church but then my paperwork wouldn't balance with the first one. Come to find out the "incompetent" (imo) secretary didn't total the automatic deposits from the bank, so had to change figures on the first deposit sheet. I checked mine twice before I asked her what the problem could be. She may be a computer whiz but she sure isn't detail oriented. Makes me nuts! My laptop is at the computer joint; I thought I could renew my own virus program but they kept trying to charge me for two, like last year, when I only need one. I called for help Friday, then made copies of the emails back and forth, and took the whole mess down to my tech buddy. I'm sure he mentally groans when he sees me coming. I made tuna salad for lunch and here I am!

"Gma," on another great loss this week! The baby blanket is beautiful! I'm sure the new mother will be thrilled to receive your gifts. We pay $6 for senior movie tickets, just went up from $5. The regular tickets are $8; I'd have to think long and hard at that price. We don't have any movie rental places any more. Walgreens has a Red Box but you-know-who is always lined up there.

I have a load of towels to fold and put away so better keep moving. Hope you all enjoy a nice day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:42 PM   #33  
Thin Within

Talking Closing Thread

GOOD AFTERNOON IN AUGUST MAGNOLIAS ☺♫

This thread is currently closed ~ please go to the new one to post.

Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote