5:2 IF Plan -- Tell me how it is working for you?

You're on Page 3 of 24
Go to
  • Okee, so your day is going pretty well, Rennie!

I just inputted all of my upcoming meals for the following week to MFP, and I WILL follow them.
  • Today is my regular, but low calorie eating day.

I started my morning off with some hard boiled eggs (2) and decaf coffee with 1/2 & 1/2. Since I volunteer all day at the FCA (prior today, Monday's have always been my fasting days...) my day will be hectic and I will have a very little time to eat; I will bring along a Slim Fast and some Greek yogurt. I know the slim fast is all chemicals, but better than nothing (since my fast day will be tomorrow). For dinner I will make some left over beef tenderloin, "fry" some potatoes in EVOO and a salad...total calories for the day just a tad bit over 1300.

I am hoping that I have enough stamina tonight and do a workout; weights, treadmill and a swim.

What about you day ladies? Is it a fast day?
  • Good morning! It's so wonderful to see an active 5:2 thread

Today is my first fasting day of the week. Just coffee with honey, and water, until dinnertime. Planning to have a chicken Cesar salad with lots of veggies.

My plan for the week is fast today and Wednesday. I'm going to try to adhere to an eating window on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (only eat lunch and dinner, but not counting cals) as I've definitely been over-doing it lately. We'll see how it goes! Last week was a very off week for me, though I did manage to fit in both of my fasts, I completely over-indulged and I was really busy and didn't get to the gym at all. Looking forward to a real workout tonight.
  • Sum, I'm gonna try to stick with my menu, I say try because as we know I've been easily thrown off. My husband is home and he tends to help keep me in check but he leaves at 2-2:30 so thank goodness that is when I have my snack planned. I'm gonna also look at your menus for the week. I'm scared to eat potatoes. I wish I was as disciplined as you

noname I'm loving this thread I hope it remains active so I can continue to read what you all are doing daily. Good plan today

I have a plan today and so far it is working but I am only one meal in. I have had probably four really really high calorie days, two I know for sure but the other two I didn't keep track so to me that says a lot. I have been trying to do the 5:2 up/down day meal plan and so far I have failed miserably. I started out the month weighing 159.8 and have twice weighed in at almost 10lbs higher ... 5/13 ~ 168.0 and today ~ 167.8. ok end of confession ... hoping to keep it together today
  • Pretty good day for me. 1360 calories. Including CHOCOLATE! I could not help myself. BUT I only ate 1/2 of a candy bar 131 calories worth.

Tomorrow is my fast day and I am kinda looking forward to it. I will do my grueling workout routine tonight; that way I can take it easier tomorrow. I think I will walk the pup in the morning. Then the afternoon is taken with my new volunteer gig at a local hospital. -- As long as I stay away from my house/kitchen and keep busy, fasting should be a breeze.
  • nonameslob I hope you will have a great workout! What kind of a workout do you do? -- I walk my pup (10 year old..lol) 5-6 times per week 4.2-4.7 miles at a time. I usually walk at a brisk pace of 4.0 mph, so I do break a sweat. It is a very hilly terrain as well. Then I lift weights on Tu, Thr and Sat. I do step aerobics on Sun, Wed and Fri. And a few times per week I do a grueling workout when in addition to my pup walk and weights, I add power walking session (4.7 mph for 60 min) and a swim.

Rennie Today is a new day! You are prolly carrying a TON of water weight, I bet if you gained it is only 1-2 pounds. You will be down to 160 in no time!!
  • Thanks Sum, I sure hope so
  • Just had my fast day dinner and getting ready to go to them gym. I feel great today!

Sum, I do 3-5 days of cardio (machines at the gym or road cycling or hiking. Sometimes I incoprorate intervals). And I also do two days of strength, which I only recently added. Ocassionally I do jillian michaels 30 day shred instead of the gym. I'll probably do that once this week.
  • I have been lifting a year now, on and off, nonameslob...and I still hate it...lol Can't get addicted to it. -- I have been procrastinating all afternoon... I KNOW I will go to the gym tonight, but keep putting it off because I loathe it so much.

I do like going to the gym at night. Keeps me away from the kitchen and by the time I get back home, it is after 9pm and the gym workouts somehow kill my appetite anyways.... Then I Skype with my DH, which in turn keeps me away from the fridge

If I have nothing going on at night; I get into trouble with food. I start grazing....
  • By the way, each time I write your name nonameslob, I giggle A GREAT name!!
  • Do you know where the name is referenced from?

I don't enjoy lifting either. I almost talked myself out of it! But, I did 30 on the Arc trainer and did my leg workout so I'm feeling good. I hope you got your workout in too!

Also fit into some old jeans from college today
  • No, I don't know where it is from. Tell me
  • Good morning Ladies

Sum thanks for your help

I had a good day yesterday, no hiccups ... I'm down 2lbs of bloat. I thought it would be more but I have probably put on a few real pounds also with the way and what I've been eating. Today should be another good day
  • Sum it is from my favorite movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's!

love2b150 that is awesome! You'll get back to where you were in no time.

I hit a milestone today! (I am probably posting this in a million threads, but I don't care)...Finally reached 199 I haven't seen that number in about 3 years. Woohoo!

Trying something new with my 5:2 this week. On non-fast days, I'm "skipping" breakfast (but I am having an iced coffee with about a 1/2 cup whole milk, plus my regular coffee...I love coffee...). I have been over-indulging on my non-fast days and I think this will keep me in check, and hopefully boost my weight loss as it's been slow lately. I've always done well without breakfast anyway. It's 9AM and I'm not hungry, so let's see if I can make it until noon lol
  • thanks noname and on reaching Onederland I copy and paste my post most of the time because I talk/chat to different people on each thread, it's all good, SHARE YOUR JOY