3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Okay - MAY, Time for Worldlies To Get Their Arses in Gear (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/295378-okay-may-time-worldlies-get-their-arses-gear.html)

ceejay52 05-28-2014 05:39 PM

Michelle
I surely don't like traffic jams. The sound of the waves from the ocean would be so worth the trip. How long did it take you to get there?

Shad
Good luck with all the sorting. I'm no that much of talker so I'd just wan to live and be happy.

Laura
Hope no one was seriously injured during the train accident.

Susie
Glad that you and dh got the closets cleaned out. I am making it out to the shed this week end. I still need to get into that box of mom's stuff. It's been there since 1998. That's too long.

Happy
Hope you got some good pain meds for that root canal. Hope you are doing well.

-----------
I have a four day week end approaching and I'm going to relax, relax, and relax some more. I'll be going to my uncles on Saturday if it's not pouring down rain.
Nothing new here.

Laura705 05-28-2014 06:21 PM

Taking some time to post before I shut down the computer for the day.

Ceejay – Hope the storms stayed away and you’re still in a good mood. Tomorrow’s your Friday I think, beginning of a 4-day weekend - that should keep you in a REALLY good mood!! I haven’t checked the news today, but usually a pedestrian vs. train accident doesn’t end well – it’s usually a fatality. My bf always says the pedestrian is committing suicide. I don’t agree, sometimes I think someone’s just in a hurry or not paying attention. Very very sad regardless.

Shad – Let’s see…if I have the day and time right, you have about one more day til your long weekend back home. Safe travels and enjoy seeing your kitty again, and that 5 yo birthday party. :D Yeh, I’m not loving my gym so much at the moment – the exercise studio and 95% of the cardio equipment is on the 2nd level and it's always roasting temperature up there. If I wanted to sweat a lot before/without even exercising, I could use the sauna!

Susie – Glad you went home and didn’t do any job work…hope it can continue for a bit longer. Your exercise goals so far sound great. :) I was just listening to a podcast today in which the guest likened exercise to financial savings goals – you do the work now and reap the benefits later, i.e., better health so you can enjoy your life as you age. Good job getting rid of clothes and making a donation!

Michelle – Wow, long day’s work yesterday. I hope you get to have a shorter workday today. Nice that you have a lot of variety. When we were doing interviews in our search for a new admin asst, we were of course describing our department, the admin’s job and our jobs, and it made me realize that every day is something different for us. Even though there are projects that are repeated annually, even those are different each year due to changes in the company and market. I like that a lot. I can see how the cyst would keep you from exercising – that’s a bummer, especially if you can’t easily change the dressing yourself. Hopefully that doesn’t last much longer and you’ll be raring to go. For now, how about doing stretching sessions, or your PT exercises, but in very short time periods so you don’t start to work up a sweat?? What a deal you’re getting on Santa’s training! How’s he doing at that??

Happy - Hope the root canal went well and you're well-stocked with pain pills!!

Okay, ran out of time so I’ll get this posted lickety split. TTFN.

Terra1984 05-28-2014 08:03 PM

Happy & Michelle ~ I just saw your posts for me, Sorry Im just now replying back to the both of you.

Happy ~ Hi :wave:

Michelle ~ Yeah your right it is hard to time your walks between rain. That is a good idea to walk when its nice outside and be more flexible with my walks. Im sorry to hear about your parents passing away, I would of masked my grief with food too, I also deal with stress with food as well so I understand why you gained your weight. Yeah I know I shouldnt beat myself up over being late getting out and walking, I agree what matters is that I got my walk in.

Annie ~ Thanks for commenting on my walking, I'll definitely keep it up

Ceejay ~ Hello :wave:

Laura ~ Yeah when its gets really hot out I walk in the early morning and before it gets dark in the evening. Thats good that you took your dog for a longer walk then you planned. Although I dont like the hot weather we are having today Im glad its not raining anymore, Last week I believe it rained all week.

Susie ~ Yeah I am proud of myself for going ahead and getting my walk in even when I was late getting out of the house to start my morning walk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I should of gotten up earlier this morning to walk cause by the time I was gonna walk it had gotten too hot but Im gonna walk twice as much tonight to make up for not walking this morning

Laura705 05-29-2014 10:34 AM

Morning all.

Hi Terra. Good plan to make up the walking time!

--
Nothing much to report. On Tuesday night I went to the gym, but I didn't do the class. My right knee is feeling strained when I bend it, so that class with all the squats and lunges would not have been a good thing. Once I did a few squats during the warmup I realized I needed to change my plnas. I left class and instead I did 30 min. on the treadmill.

Tonight's a cardio kickboxing class. I might give that try. It's a pretty strenuous class, but I liked it the few times I've done it in the past.

Going to a WW meeting at lunchtime.

I hope it gets sunnier. The past couple days have been sort of chilly and damp - and gloomy. C'mon sun! :sunny:

:coffee2:

happy2bme 05-29-2014 11:46 AM

Hi all,

Computer is acting very wonky today and we are getting brown out power blips so I will be back later.

diyana 05-29-2014 11:47 AM

Good morning ladies,

Last night, I returned to the Back Exercise Level 2 class. After going a couple weeks with little or no exercise, some of the moves were difficult (like planks and side planks), but I managed. After back class, I went to the chiropractor. After I picked up Santa from day care, we went to the dog park for about 1/2 hour.

I still have the dressing on my wound, but the past couple days the nurse has covered it with an almost waterproof covering called Tegraderm, which means, while I still have to avoid getting it wet, I don't have to stress out if it gets a little splashed while I wash my hair.

====================================
Ceejay - When traffic's not bad, the drive to the coast takes about 45 minutes. Last weekend, due to the gorgeous weather and the long holiday weekend traffic, it took between 1.5 and 2 hours. Thankfully, I left to come home before the traffic got bad. I hope you have a wonderful 4-day weekend, get what you want done, but also enjoy some well deserved relaxation. :D

Laura - When you said pedestrian vs. train...I immediately thought "that's not going to end well". I have a friend in Tokyo that I met through 3FC who has told me that many of the pedestrian vs. train accidents over there are deliberate...meaning suicide. But I imagine some are just due to carelessness or rushing around or a fall onto the tracks. Regardless it is so sad. I understand what you mean about not wanting to exercise in a hot room. That's the way I feel about trying bikram yoga also known as "hot" yoga where the room temp is intentionally set to 105 degrees. I don't even like it that hot when I'm doing nothing but sitting in the shade sipping a cold beverage, much less even consider moving around. A friend of mine does hot yoga at least once a week and LOVES the heat. Um...no thanks. :rofl: I like what you said about the podcast where exercise goals are similar to financial savings goals. Good thing to keep in mind. Santa is doing just okay with the training...but it's only been one week. Ouch on the knee! Good for you for taking a pass on the squats and lunges class. Enjoy cardio kickboxing and good luck at WW.

Shad - Safe travels back home. Enjoy the weekend!

Terra - Did you walk twice as much last night? I really enjoy evening walks and early morning walks when it's cooler.

Gotta get back to it. :wave: to Happy, Annie and Susie!

Much love and many hugs to all,

Terra1984 05-29-2014 12:39 PM

Laura ~ Yup I think its a good plan too

Happy ~ Im sorry your having computer problems

Michelle ~ Yes I walked twice as much last night to make up for not walking yesterday morning. I enjoy walking in the early morning and before it gets dark in the evening when its nice and cool too.

ceejay52 05-29-2014 02:45 PM

Went to AutoZone this morning and had new windshield wipers put on. They were damaged from last winter's weather. Also spent an a chunk of change buying 4 new tires. My co-worker told me last night that it looked like they were getting slick. So this morning I did the penny test and they failed. I should have new tires before I went to Missouri. Good thing today is payday.
Accepted and ab's challenge with my niece on FB last night. I didn't ride the bike last night because the calves of my legs were extremely sore. I will ride today.

-------------
Michelle
Think I would go more often to the ocean if it were that close. I'm going to have to figure out how far it is to the Gulf But I'm putting that on list for this summer or early fall. Glad your cyst is healing.

Happy
How are you feeling today?

Terra
Keep walking. I'm going to exercise in a few minutes.

Annie, Laura and Susie Hello :wave:

diyana 05-29-2014 04:03 PM

Ceejay - Sounds like a very productive day off!! Bummer about the expense of the new tires...I just had to replace all four of mine less than a month ago. Good on ya' for signing up for an abs challenge!

Terra - How's the weather today? Good walking weather?

I got great news at the doctor's office today. The nurse I saw today said that I can just use a band-aid to cover the incision wound from now on. No special packing, no special ointment and no special dressing. She said ideally, the band-aid should be changed daily, but if I don't have anyone to put a new band-aid on, then I can go without. Yay!! :woohoo:

happy2bme 05-29-2014 07:17 PM

Hi ladies,
Let me try this again in Wordpad and see what happens. Sometimes I think my computer is possessed.

Root canal was not fun - are they ever? I get such a blinding headache from having to hold my mouth open. I have a very small mouth opening so dental work was never fun for me. And my tooth was sensitive from the top of my nose to a line all the way down to my front tooth - I'm not sure how far that darn root went but I think he dug up to my eyeball! It was really tender the last 2 days and I was afraid it was going to abscess. It finally quieted down about an hour ago. I still can't bite anything from the front but at least I can have something a bit more than soup or pasta tonight. Funny how you get hungry when you can't eat.

The mosquitoes are just absolutely horrific out there. I need one of Shad's hats to keep the bugs at bay. DH worked outside today and actually wore my netted bug jacket.

Michelle - glad to hear that your incision is finally healing up to the point you only need a band aid. That must have been a deep wound to take so long to heal. I certainly could never put up with that kind of gridlock traffic anymore - even if the end result was getting to the ocean :lol: Heck I'm mad because the tourists are in (maniac in a hurry drivers) and there's like 10 cars on the road :rofl: I dread the idea of heading to Chicago in summer construction season. I guess if you have good music and some cool drinks and some side roads where you can keep moving, even if it's slower, it's not bad. Thank you for the info about the mosquito dunk. Unfortunately we had lots of slow melting snow which created pockets of water in the back forests which probably were home to all that mosquito larve. I hope we get a good long stretch of dry weather now. The ground is quite sandy here so if we can stay without rain for a week, everything will dry up. Did you decide on a yoga class or are you still looking for one that works easier on the back? The yoga teacher I just had was really into pain free yoga. She said a lot of the postures are too hard on us older chicks - got to watch out for mini fractures. I'll take that wonderful relaxed Zen feeling over hot yoga any day. But I guess that's why there are all kinds of yoga for everyone's interests

Ceejay - with all the travelling you do, probably a good idea to have gotten new tires. You might not notice the difference now, but you will in rainy weather. It took us 6 hours to drive from Memphis to Gulf Shores, AL outside of Mobile if that's any reference for you. We went in early May before the rates went up and had a lovely house on the beach - it was a great time. Pretty area for doing some touring too.

Terra - do you walk the same path every time or do you switch it up sometimes for something different? Are the mosquitoes bad by you?

Laura - good idea on not stressing the tender knee in class. I think it's a great idea to get up a bit earlier and get your BE workout done first thing. It tends to energize you and it's such a great feeling to have that over and done with. I really have a hard time doing a strenuous class after work. Kick boxing is alot of fun and a great calorie burner. Hope you enjoyed the class. I'm glad you got an opportunity to step back and look at the job and find enjoyable things about it. That's one thing I liked about the help desk - always something different each day. Challenges keep you on your toes too!

Shad - I hope you have fun visiting S. It's unfortunate that baby momma has to be less than cordial but you have some rights to be a part of her life too. Just do what you need to and try and not let her ruin your enjoyment of DS and the baby.

Annie - must be so hard sitting and waiting each day for the phone to ring. I hate when they drag things out. Hope that call comes this week offering you that office manager job. :crossed:

Susie - glad to hear that DH is deciding on his own to try and improve his health. Maybe he will join you for a walk after dinner one day. That's great to hear you are back on the new treadmill. Have they resolved the issues with your feet? Forgive me if I had a forgetful moment and you already told us. I think your workout plan has a nice balance. Maybe you can even incorporate a few things at your desk at work. One friend brought in a dumbell and did arm lifts because her job kept her on the phone on conference calls for a good part of the day. If nothing else, you could get some good stretches in if you need both hands for the phone :lol: Nice job on getting the closets cleaned too! I think I'm going to give Mom one last opportunity to "shop in my closet" when she comes to visit. She told my sister she was really worried that I'd give all my stuff away without her getting a crack at it. Like she needs more clothes - especially dressy go to work clothes :lol:

Guess I should get off the computer and make dinner. DH is still hot from moving rocks outside. Since I can sort of chew, might do a chicken salad with grapes and some cut up strawberries and sliced cucumbers. Is that cold enough for you honey??? :lol:

I am going to go into the shop early tomorrow to get some pricing done before my floor shift starts so I probably won't post until later. Have a good weekend everyone.

MyChoice2bfit 05-29-2014 07:27 PM

I just got back from TOPS and I had a 2.8! We had Welcome Carts for the new interns who started this week and they have all sorts of goodies on them and I purposely went a bit late to those welcomes because I knew I wouldn't get my treat after everyone else was already standing around with theirs...and it paid off on those scales.

I didn't post last night as I had a headache..could be a migraine as I had a smidge of it this morning when I woke up, so I worked from home and then this afternoon, I knocked of about 2 hours early and took a nap. I am feeling much better since I woke up from that.

Is anyone watching the new season of Extreme Weight Loss? I am. The first show was very motivating to me.

Michelle: I'm so happy for you about getting just a Band-Aid on the incision.
and you went back to your exercise class. Good for you!

Laura: You should be proud of yourself for trying that class and realizing that it was not a healthy thing for you to do at this time with your knee, and to find an alternative. That is living healthy and balanced.

Did you make it to kick boxing? I used to take a kick boxing class and it was the hardest workout I ever did but it sure was effective.

Terra: good job for going longer on the evening walk when you missed the morning walk. It is good to shake up the routine every so often so that your body doesn't get used to it. It helps us make progress when we throw those good changes at our bodies.

Ceejay: Now you can drive with confidence that you have good tires. I like your plan for your long weekend!

Happy: I hope that the brown outs aren't still happening.

Hi to Annie and Shad.

See you all tomorrow.

Terra1984 05-30-2014 08:12 AM

Ceejay ~ Thanks for commenting on my walking, Im gonna walk in an hour.

Michelle ~ Yeah its good walking weather today

Happy ~ I walk the same path every time, Yeah the mosquitoes are out already at night but I havent had an encounter with them yet.

Susie ~ Thanks for commenting on my walking.

diyana 05-30-2014 10:32 AM

Good morning ladies,

just a quick check in for me this morning. I'll try and get back later. I've got some brochures to finish and then create a report on the new website's visitor traffic since we launched last week.

Tonight is poker...I hope I can stay awake...I didn't sleep well last night.

Hugs,

Laura705 05-30-2014 12:03 PM

Morning all. Yesterday turned out to be a nice day and today is very nice as well. I hope the weekend shapes up just as nicely.

Michelle – Sorry you didn’t sleep well last night. I hope you can stay awake to enjoy your poker game!! Yay for just needing a bandage on the incision! Re the hot yoga – I thought I might want to try that sometime, but now that I think about it, meh.

Terra – Hope the mosquitos don’t bother you on your walks. This time of year, I pull out the bug spray, but I hate to apply it if I’m only outdoors for a short time. They’ve gotten better (less smelly) over the years, but I still don’t like them.

Susie – Wow, congrats on your big loss at TOPS! Good job! Great you avoided the goodies on the Welcome Carts. I think I caught part of that Extreme Weight Loss show while I was on the treadmill at the gym the other night. I only saw part of it, but it was interesting. I might have to see if the show is on our cable’s on-demand programming to catch the rest of the episode. Hope your headache is gone for good.

Happy – Sorry that the root canal was so painful. At least that’s over with now, until the bill arrives. Then there’s a new kind of pain, LOL.

Ceejay – Sounds like bf and I with our car – a couple months ago we bought new tires, and just last weekend we bought some new wiper blades. We’re also going to have a major servicing done soon – timing belt, water pump, etc. But we bought the parts ourselves and we’re having a private mechanic do it, not the dealership’s service department. We’ll save a lot of money that way.

Shad – Hope your travels have been hassle-free and you’re having a good weekend.

Annie – How’s it going sister? Is Sassy rested up after all that chasing you and little J did last weekend?? :D Still hoping upon hope for that job for you!! :crossed:

--
Nothing much to report.

I went to a WW meeting yesterday at lunch and had a 0.2 pound gain since I last weighed in 2 weeks ago. Not too horrible. I just have to get back to work so I can start seeing the scale go down again. Turns out the ww meeting leader for our ww at work program was the substitute leader for the meeting I attended at the ww center near the office. Bleh. I ran into a work buddy who’s also doing ww at work and she said she’s not going to sign up again after this ww session ends in two weeks. I told her the same – neither of us are all that fond of this leader. She’s alright, but just lacks that “something” that motivates me. I don’t know if I’ll register for WW meetings at a place of my choosing right after this session ends, but I won’t rule it out in the future. I’m going to keep up with my tracking and try to really hit the exercise.

That said, I slacked off and didn’t do the kickboxing class last night. What’s funny is bf’s friend phoned and bf decided to meet him at the gym at the last minute for a workout. I was already heating up some soup for my dinner, so I didn’t tag along. Oh well.

I ended up tackling part of the mail basket last night. Ugh, every time I fail to keep up with it, I really regret it when I’m going through a giant pile of mostly junk mail. When will I ever learn??!! :rolleyes: And I’m still not done yet. Boo.

That’s about it for me. This weekend will be quiet – just a Jazzercise class tomorrow morning and a friend and I are meeting for breakfast on Sunday morning. I’d like to go through the garage shelves some more, and do some yard work as well.

Have a great weekend Worldlies!!

ceejay52 05-30-2014 01:22 PM

Susie
congrats on the loss. Makes me ashamed that I'm not even trying any more. Maybe this week will be better.

Laura
Sometimes it's best to rest our bodies,. Soup sounds good.