Old 04-12-2014, 12:30 AM   #76  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laura and Michelle ~ Thanks for telling me about the DVD Walk Away The Pounds, I'll definitely check it out, Thanks again UPDATE: I just checked the dvd out on Amazon and they are alot of them so which one should I go with first, Is there like a beginner one or something?

Annie ~ Thanks for commenting on my walking

Last edited by Terra1984; 04-12-2014 at 12:35 AM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #77  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,

It has been busy for me. Thursday at work was crazy as I took a vacation day on Friday and all of a sudden so many things needed done. Also I wasn't feeling very well on Thursday and it turn out I had a uti which makes my IC go crazy. I got meds and I'm feeling better.

I did have a loss at TOPS on Thursday. 1/2 lb but I will take it

I also took off work an hour early to see a podiatrist about my foot. She said the slit under the toe was healed and I can get a pedicure--I have been dying to get one..it's almost sandal weather! and she did a x-ray of my foot and my pinky toe has a fracture! Nothing I can do but tape it to the next toe for stability and ice it if it is swollen and give it time.

SRD was amazing yesterday and going back today. I am getting ready to leave in about 10 min. I have been having withdrawl from all of you, so I had to get on, read and post! I'm feeling better now.

Yesterday at SRD we had some great workshops (I will fill you in later--Michelle, there was one on diabetes and I learned so much). There was a "before and after parade" and that was very inspiring.

Today, all the awards will be given and our state Queen and King will be crowned (I REALLY want to be state Queen next year) and those who have reached goal will be in the KOPS ceremony, which is very touching and makes me cry--I can only imagine how amazing it is to reach your goal weight.

I'll do personals later--hopefully this evening.

Have a great day everyone!

Oh--have to tell you it is warm here and I'm wearing capris today! It's going to be 76! I am wearing little flat enclosed black shoes because I haven't gotten my toes done yet, but I am doing that on Monday after work. Can you tell that I'm excited it is spring?
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:13 PM   #78  

Hi Worldlies. Went in the Jacuzzi at the gym last night . It felt good but I'm still a bit sore. I skipped Jazzercise this morning. I think I'll finally start back to my challenges tomorrow.

Today started off crabby for me - bf complained I had the radio too loud, then I hit hand on the doorway & it hurt like the dickens. Grrr. Went to my brow appt, then to the market for my book club snack. Ended up with a pre - made layered taco dip & tortilla chips.

Went home & decided to rake more leaves before the rain comes. Finished a mug of tea & went to the thrift store before my hair appointment. I bought a top & some stone coasters. I hope the coasters are as absorbent as the ones we have now. I like them in the hot weather when cold drinks sweat a lot. We could use more of them & I think one of the ones from our set broke.

Waiting for my color to set right now & then I'll get my hair cut.

Tonight's book club. No plans for tomorrow night I should shop for my friend D's 50th b day gift- her dinner/ party is set for next weekend.

Okay I'll post this before I lose it & try to get back tomorrow for personals. Have a good day everyone! !

Last edited by Laura705; 04-12-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:50 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just a quick one for me. Got the lawn mowed yesterday and today. I'm tired but it's a good tired.
Want you to be proud of me. I started out on the twin bed and told myself no I'm taking my bedroom back. I did. Think I was making her to comfortable. She's here until at least the 24th. I have to work and need my bed. Her face from the plastic surgery is doing well. Her Dr.'s appointment is on the 24th.
Back to work tomorrow.

Terra
I have one of the WATP DVD It has a one, two or three mile walk. I can only do the 1 mile but working up to the 2 mile.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:58 PM   #80  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

At the airport on the way back to Wellington. Nice weekend. Raining now though. Will report on the very busy doings when I get myself organised.

Wonder what the weather is like in Wellington
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:04 AM   #81  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone,

I was going to do personals tonight...but not feeling that great. I drove B around on some errands and then we got something to eat. An hour later after I dropped him off and went home, I started feeling weak, and queasy. I called B and he felt like that too.

I took a nap for a few hours, then fed Santa dinner and took him to the dog park. Now we're home and relaxing.

Tomorrow, I'll be getting up early to go to the zoo. I hope my stomach is doing better by then because I don't want to miss this. My yoga class yesterday focused on back stretches and exercises, and my instructor showed me some leg, hip and back stretches that may help me reduce my pain and increase my walking ability at the zoo tomorrow.

Well, I'm fairly exhausted...so I'm going to back and lay down.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:58 AM   #82  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ceejay ~ Thanks for the tip on the DVD's of Walk Away The Pounds
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:27 PM   #83  

Morning every one
I'm not in the mood to work today.

Michelle
Hope your tummy feels better today. I may do a Yoga DVD when I get home and meditate.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:07 PM   #84  

Hi, I am back, but swamped again. If I stay awake long enough tonight, I'll be in to tell you about my weekend.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:25 PM   #85  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. It was a busy weekend with me being at SRD but I had a great time and feel so renewed and inspired.

Went to church this morning and then took a wonderful nap this afternoon. We have friends coming over tonight for dinner--we are just getting subs out and DH and his friend are hooking up our new 47 inch tv as the 32 inch one will be mounted in the fitness room this Thursday. I am really getting excited about getting that room done. But I'm sad to see the money leaving my savings account!

Shad: I hope you get some downtime soon. I am looking forward to hearing about your weekend.

Terra: I have the same Walk away the pounds cd that Ceejay has. I get mine at Walmart.

Michelle: I hope you made it to the zoo today and that you are feeling better.

Laura: Sorry to hear that your day started off a bit crabby. Isn't it funny how other people can really affect our day? Did the hair color and cut make you feel better? I sure hope so.

Happy: When will you be checking out the location for the Thrift Shop. Fingers crossed here that it works out! Sorry to hear the vertigo is back. Hopefully it doesn't last long.

Annie: Congratulations on getting to the 3rd interview. I am praying they will make you a good offer. I think you said that you wanted to try this as it would be different?

Ceejay: Good for you for taking your bed back! I am proud of you.

I plan on getting back to MFP tomorrow and log my food but this is what I had yesterday and so far today

April 12 food:
B=breakfast bar and water
L=Vegetable plate at Crackerbarrell: mac and cheese, carrots, corn, garden salad with blue cheese dressing. water
D= 2 chili cheese sandwiches, black raspberry cobbler with scoop of ice cream water

April 13 food:
B=3 pancakes with syrup, scrambled egg, water
L=Herbal life protein shake with banana, water
D=I plan on a veggie sub, some chips, and a piece of apple pie with a scoop of ice cream
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:52 PM   #86  

Susie
Sounds like you had a good week end. My exercise bike is in my bedroom and if she's in there then I can't work out when I want to. So she got moved to the other room amongst other reasons. Think she stay's up half the night and then sleeps half the day. She got on my nerves yesterday but I walked away with out saying anything. But I may bring up the topic again that she was on yesterday to prove a point.

------
Tonight I'm going to do meditation/relaxation and then some yoga. Think lawn mowing this week end has tightened up my muscles. I'm sore.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:52 AM   #87  

Morning all. Rainy & chilly here today. It’s April…

Michelle – Did you get to go to the zoo on Sunday? Hope you felt well enough to go.

Happy – Glad you had some milder temps in your neck of the woods. What’s the progress on the melting of the snow?? I would love to get to the Peggy Notebart Nature Museum sometime – I’ve never been there and it’s been open many years now. I like the rotel-velveeta dip you mentioned, but I prefer to bring a snack to the host’s house that doesn't need to be heated/cooked/assembled on site so I don’t have to rely on her kitchen (or compete with someone else for the oven or microwave, lol).

Ceejay – I’m glad you took back your bedroom. It’s one thing to give up your usual bed for a short term guest, but if it’s going to be a regular thing you’re doing as a favor to your friend, you really shouldn’t have to have your whole routine (and comfort) disrupted. That’s a pretty long stay for her.

Shad – Hope all is well and you’re maintaining your sanity this busy workweek.

Susie – I’m glad your uti and foot are better. I do like getting pedicures once the warm weather arrives! Enjoy yours tonight. Glad you enjoyed the TOPS events – we all need something to inspire us! Between SRD and your new fitness room, you’ll be ready to go to town on your goals.

Hellos to Annie & Terra!!
==
My crabbiness Saturday was mostly gone by the time I finished with my brow appointment, though I do feel sort of bad that I was rather unapproachable with the staff and it didn’t help that I corrected one of them maybe three times for calling me “Laurie”. I think they had some kind of scheduling snafu, so they were quite apologetic and gave me a little tube of body lotion to make up for it. What’s so funny is that it was called “stress-fix”, LOLOL. They must have thought I needed it!!

Book club was good. We go off on many tangents throughout the evening and they can be a lot of fun. I’m feeling really guilty about not hosting book club for the longest time. I’ll have to be sure to tell our organizer to put me on the list as host for whatever’s open next. In the meantime, I really need to get kickin’ with getting some projects done around the house, especially getting our powder room repainted.

I didn’t do very much yesterday, just a couple loads of laundry and a dog walk. Otherwise it was just a lot of loafing around. Bf and I finally watched the one episode of The Good Wife that we’d only gotten 20 minutes of when we DVRd it a few weeks ago – we bought the episode & viewed it on Amazon. We still have one or two episodes to watch now to get caught up.

Speaking of catching up...I restarted my plank challenge yesterday. I intended to also get back to my pushups as well, but I didn't get them in. I think I'll double up on that tonight so I can be in sync on both of them.

Nothing much going on this week. The next couple days are supposed to be rather chilly. I might get my bike ready to start riding to the train station later this week, but it’s not going to be any warmer than the mid-50’s, so maybe not…

Okay, off to earn my paycheck. TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #88  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning ladies,

Sorry I didn't get in this weekend. My head is rushing with all sorts of lists and ideas and don't forgets to set up the new thrift shop location. And then this morning I started wondering why I am doing this because this will not be an open discussion among members, working together as a team to make this happen - no doubt a couple of people will decide everything. We don't really have a leader - that person is mega involved in volunteering at about 5 different organizations and I think he'd much rather be a worker bee than a leader. My DH said he was toying with the idea of stepping forward but I told him an emphatic NO. There's politics, there's favoritism and you can't afford to tick off the long time volunteers - they sort of know that and leverage it. It's a big headache. I'd do it if there was a more team based way of making it happen but that will never happen. Just found out I was invited to a luncheon today that they forgot to tell me about So it goes. I keep reminding myself of what Laura said about doing this for the animals so I try and sneak under the rug to kind of make things happen without being too obvious.

Spent most of the weekend on that. I am trying to use up things in the freezer so my food is tasty but not the best diet friendly food - ie. Italian sausage and peppers sandwiches with homemade coleslaw, yesterday was chicken kiev with frozen cheesy broccoli. So I have not been using MFP because I just fell hard off the wagon and I probably don't want to see the breakdown of what I'm eating. I'm only eating one main meal a day so my weight is holding - just been a while since I had a piece of fruit. I think I'll stop by the store on the way home from lunch today - best time to go grocery shopping is after you ate.

Things are melting nicely here - the snowbanks are down considerably, most all of the snow is melted off the roofs. It's going slow which is good. Weather turned chilly last night and will stay barely above freezing for the bulk of the week ahead. They are talking some snow on Wednesday - hope not. Tonight is a lunar eclipse - going to happen between 2 and 3am CST - about the time all you working people will be rolling over for one last good snooze before the alarm goes off. I'm hoping the clouds will part and we'll get a shot at seeing something. I typically go to bed around that time, I'm betting tonight I will be dog tired and wanting to go to sleep at 1am

Laura - be forewarned with the Good Wife - I watch Amazing Race which preceeds it. Often CBS has some sporting event on in the afternoon which more than likely runs overtime and totally hoses up the recording of shows like 60 Minutes, Amazing Race and the Good Wife. In fact I have to record the Good Wife each week just to catch any spill over. If you have cable tv, can't you watch back episodes with the On Demand feature? Sometimes you can view them at the cbs.com site too. Sorry they couldn't get your name right at the salon - I guess it's good to have a name that you can only pronounce one way. It's nice they gave you an apology gift. I remember you talking about your powder room - did you just get paint and then the project got stalled out?

Ceejay - I think now that you know better and you have the extra bed - guests should stay in the extra room. Only people older than you (like the uncles) should get the main bedroom. Hope your friend is out of there soon.

Terra - the walking away the pounds concept is pretty simple. Walk in front of the tv. She has turned this into a mega franchise and there are probably 50 versions of the WATP videos which basically vary in intensity and the use of props. I've had a few of her videos - they are good substitutes on crummy days when you can't get out. I'd suggest you look at getting a combo video for starters with a 1 mile (20 minutes) 2 mile (30 minutes) and 3 mile (45 minutes) session. This way like Ceejay says - you can start out slow and work your way up.

Susie - yes, sometimes it's hard to pull out the checkbook and pay the store, BUT you are making a very good investment in YOURSELF. I'm sure your fitness room will be great when you are done and if you've invested money in it you will probably be more inclined to use it and get your money out of it. How nice that you were able to sneak in a weekend nap - one of life's precious pleasures

Hi Shad - hope this week is not as hectic as last and that your trip back to Wellington was better than the start of it.

Michelle - hope you got some rest this weekend and are feeling better. Stomach bug or viral thing?

Annie - good luck with the interviews. Hope you get a call back with an encouraging offer this week. Did you do an Easter basket for Lil Man?

I'd better hop in the shower and get decent looking. Have a good Monday chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:30 PM   #89  

Hi all. Do you have room for a bad penny to turn back up? I got sick last spring - nothing major, just an upper respiratory thing that lasted all summer. Then with the last semester of law school, I have really fallen far off the wagon. Enough is enough. Now it is time for lots of changes and new things, and I can use all the support and accountability I can get.

Help?
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #90  

Room for everyone here Jolly. Welcome back.

Still swamped with things that it is not my job to do - creating the blueprint for example, which should have been done 3 years ago by the consulting company and the business representatives. It's the sort of thing that gives SAP a bad name. But that's what I have on my plate, plus the legacy problems - ie. what happens when a customer rings up with a complaint about the last bill and you have to go back to the last correct reading and start again in the new system without causing problems in accounting and creating yet another service order for the service providers to go out and do it all again. That's the one where he said the other guy was doing it and the other guy said he was doing it and no one did anything. Third headache on my plate is to do with interactive letters - these are the mass produced letters begging, cajoling, or threatening if you don't pay the bill (among other sorts) and they wish to have the process documented. Problem is that I can't get any information out of the person who wants me to do it. Sweet, I may get hold of the cattle prod and give her a flick or two. I don't do osmosis, I am not psychic or even psychedelic. I am not telepathic or even telepathetic.

Anyway, time being what it is, I'd better get on with it. The Royals move on to Aus tomorrow - maybe the weather will clear up.