Worldly Chicks - Feeling the Love for Ourselves and Our Friends in February

You're on Page 15 of 15
Go to
  • Happy Friday ladies!

TGIF for sure! I don't have a lot of set plans for the weekend, a bit of relaxing, a bit of going to the gym, a bit of writing, hopefully a trip or two to the dog park but that will depend on the weather.

I went to the gym last night and did 1/2 hour on the recumbent bike. I really didn't want to go as I felt so tired after work, and then when the parking lot was packed and I had to wait for someone to leave to get a parking space, I almost gave up. I'm glad I went though. My muscles are just the slightest bit sore today. It's not a bad sore though, they're just reminding me that I used them.

If I can get out of work early enough tonight, I might go to the Water Aerobics class at the gym. If not, then I'll do the recumbent bike. Tomorrow, I've got to get up early and get some fasting blood work done so my new doctor can have current numbers for my cholesterol, thyroid, fasting glucose and HA1C. I really like my new doctor. She seems very willing to work with me to get me fit and healthy.

===========================

Happy - I forgot to mention that was such a cute photo of your kitty. An air temp of -15?! What are the movements to reset your inner ear crystals?

Laura - Sorry about all the hassles with your coat. I hope you're able to find something to keep you warm enough. It would be wonderful if the mid-west could ship their snow our way. Hopefully the rain we're getting on and off this weekend is adding to the snow pack in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, as the snow melt filling our reservoirs is what CA relies upon for water in the spring/summer/fall. Great job on the pushup challenge. Good idea to make use of the fitness center before the price raises. My work has shower facilities because a lot of the people go walking on the trails around here. Because my back sometimes limits how much I can walk, I haven't checked out the trails yet. Are you still going to the gym with your bf? (My CRS is acting up and I can't remember sh*t.)

Terra - How are things going with your brother and his gf all moved in? I hope you're getting your walking in.

Annie - I hope you're doing better today. It's no wonder you're feeling in limbo and that the stress has you run down. Sending you lots of hugs, sista. Happy is right, you have to get better so you can kiss BOTH your grandsons. Susie is right about creating a Linked In profile and then looking up your former managers and co-workers who can provide you with testimonials/recommendations via LinkedIn. Also a good idea Susie had about getting formal letters of recommendations and make sure you get the personal contact info of any people you want to use as a reference. I know it's super stressful on top of all the other stress going on in your life. Hang in there, sista, it will get better.

Ceejay - Good for you for all the decluttering!! Glad your friend has other lodging arrangements for this trip back to town. Even with my computer skills, I can still get myself into a peck of trouble.

Susie - I hate the stomach flu. I'm glad you're feeling better today. You're a trooper for working from home when you felt so lousy. What a great idea about getting written formal letters of recommendation and adding them to your profile in Monster! That's something I never thought of.

Shad - Thanks for all the beautiful warm photos! Even the one of the sunny, snowy wedding was lovely. Sorry to hear about your new neighbors. My upstairs neighbors in WI were the sweetest people, but they were loud. The Outside of the Governor's house is quite impressive, please take photos if you're allowed.

Gotta get back to code checking!

Much love and happy weekend to all,

• And before I forget...I had a couple ideas for March thread titles:

"March-ing Toward Our Goals Supported By Our Friends"

"Making Progress in March"

That's about as creative as my morning brain gets.
  • Morning all,

Went to yoga yesterday. Good stretches - still not easy and I need to modify some poses (wish the instructor would help but I will get in early next week and talk to her). But Michelle - like you said - don't feel like doing things but keep pushing to get it done - that's what matters and afterwards we are glad for the effort. I was a bit stiff and achey this morning - hoping a hot shower before I leave the house will unkink the last of it.

Michelle - thanks for the Friday graphics - I'm sure Mel appreciated them too - that and the "soaking blokes" - how I love that phrase! Also thanks for the thread suggestions. I am glad to see March come because I am desperately looking for spring but as always surprised at how fast the days are flying by. Good for you for hitting the gym. Sounds like your doctor is very similar to mine - isn't it great to find someone like that? I hope your numbers improve now that you are settled in.

Laura - would have to agree with you about the fitness center at work. If you like sweaty workouts - hard to get them in and get fixed back up in time to get back to the desk over a lunch hour. So more for the casual user. Wonder if they will be successful with a monthly fee facility? You reminded me that I was SUPPOSED to start the push up challenge. Ooops. I'm sorry your coat got hijacked. Geez by the time you get it back you won't need it as much as you would now. Just bad timing I guess.

Terra - so did you get the walk in or give in to the sleepies?

Ceejay - I hope you got your alarm battery all settled - how frustrating.

Shad - loved your pictures. The middle one looking out of the cave over the water reminded me that we have some sea caves up this way on Lake Superior. You can hike a mile on the ice to see them in the winter not for me or you I think - or you can get a paddle boat and paddle into them in the summer. You might like that. Sorry work is crazy - thanks for letting us know ahead of time so we don't worry. Check in when you can!

Susie - I hope you are feeling better and stronger today. I have heard that the flu this year has been devastating and really knocked the stuffing out of anyone unlucky enough to come in contact with it. Ugh. Especially when you have so many other things going on in your life.

Annie - hope you are doing ok. Are you helping Sissy get the nursery ready for Ace? If nothing else, you will have some time to help her out which I'm sure will be much appreciated

Ok, gotta get ready for my shift at the store today. Yesterday a man came in and we started talking - he takes in rescued abused Italian Greyhound dogs - they are much smaller than the standard racing greyhound. Very cute. He brought out not one but TWO phones and showed me lots of pictures. Talk about loving the fur babies! Have a good weekend all...
  • Laura ~ Nope, I couldnt get off the computer LOL. I'll do better today though.

Im about to walk for the 1st time today in a couple of mins. Then I'll walk at 2:30 pm and then I'll walk for the last time tonight.
  • Hi Michelle - Good for you getting to the gym! And a double bravo for doing it when you didn't feel like it and you even had to wait for a parking space!! BF and I have not been going at all lately - I think we've each gone only one time in the past month. If I don't get into a routine where I'm going regularly, I'm probably going to go back to just doing classes at the park district. There are many good classes and decent instructors at our current gym, but I have an issue with the setup of the room the classes are held in. I also think many of the other students are just kind of casual about the classes...I know that shouldn't bug me, but for some reason it does in a "you're a waste of space" kind of way, lol. Terrible me. :blush: And I suppose now I'm the casual student since I haven't gotten into a groove since joining this gym...Who's the waste of space now?? Love, love, love those graphics you posted! Very cute and my sentiments precisely!

Happy - Keep at it with the yoga - I'm sure you'll benefit more as you go along. Re our fitness facility's conversion - they are expanding it to include a space for fitness classes, and other activities and programs...I think the convenience factor will help, but it still seems rather small in size to get the money they want for monthly dues. I guess they've done their homework on this, but I'll be curious to see the end product. Have a good shift at the store today. Awww, so cute seeing people show off their fur babies.
  • Happy - Glad you got some good stretching in at Yoga. My doc wants me to do more stretching, along with a water aerobics class. I've made arrangements with my boss so I can leave at 4 pm on Fridays to get to the only water aerobics class offered at any of my gym locations within a 1/2 hour radius. Sadly, it's only offered one night per week. I just hope I have my swinsuit in my gym bag today. I can't remember. If not, since I won't have time to stop at home first, I'll just do 1/2 hour on the bike. I'm finding that if I keep telling myself I'm too tired to exercise (or do anything) that just sends me into a downward spiral of hopelessness and really negative self-talk...and I hate that. I did post the Friday graphics for Mel (as well as all of you), and I'm sure Mel liked the "soaking blokes"..I know I sure did. I was supposed to start the push up challenge but didn't. Tomorrow being the start of the new month (easier to keep track of what day I'm on), I'll start tomorrow. No, really, I WILL! When I lived in WI, I wanted to do the kayaking in the caves of Lake Superior but we never got around to it.

Terra - I hope you're able to get your walking in today.

Laura - Get thee back to the gym. Remember the Zumba and the Step classes you enjoy so much? Don't let the casual users get to you...just remember they're getting out what they put in. And maybe there are reasons they only go to class occasionally. $55/month does seem kind of pricey for the fitness center...but if it's in a big office building downtown amid all the high-rise office buildings and apartments/condos, and, therefore, very convenient for users, maybe they'll get that price. I pay roughly $35/month and since my gym is "a chain" (24 Hour Fitness), I can use all the gyms in the area. I wanted a gym membership that would be easily transferable to Southern Cal, in case I ever move down there. Of course, the way things are going with D, the idea of moving to Southern Cal isn't as appealing. I do applaud you for being so dedicated on those challenges!
  • Michelle ~ Yeah they are all moved in now and Im still able to get my walks in

happy2bme ~ Yes I gave into my sleepiness last night

I walked twice today and I'll walk for the last time later on tonight and then I'll do it all over again tomorrow.
  • Checking in late and got a lot done today. Made a trip to Blytheville to J.C Penny's and found a comforter for the twin bed. It's tan. I'll use the prints as accents.
    We're under a winter storm watch until Sunday night. We are getting the rain that's now in CA and with the colder temperatures it's going to be ice. UGH.

Michelle
    Heard on the news about the rain. Stay safe.

Not much else is going on.
  • I started our new thread and used one of Michelle's suggestions. I hope everyone is ok with that.

The new thread is called; Worldly Chicks"March-ing Toward Our Goals Supported By Our Friends"

See you all there.
  • Here's the link to the March Thread:

Worldly Chicks Marching Toward Our Goals Supported By Our Friends