Steel Magnolias #71

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Good morning to you all! I got the all clear from the dr yesterday. She said the pathology report showed nothing and all tissue was benign. So went through h e double hockey sticks for nothing, but couldn't ignore it either just in case. Hopefully the stuff never comes back as I sure don't want to go through all this again, though if I lose weight I can do the clinic procedure instead of removal and surgery.

I paid the cruise off, pd the excursions and even prepaid two of the hotels so we are getting there with the cruise budget. I even ordered a new garment bag as the handle on ours broke last cruise. Thing is, that garment bag was over 20 years old, as Jack bought it and a matching bag way back when he got out of the Navy and went to work for Syscon. So, it was time. I got a decent deal on it and we only need it to carry our hang up dress clothing. We definitely have enough travel bags for sure now.

It is kind of snowing/sleeting here a bit this morning, but we are supposed to be up in the 50's then 60's by next week to almost 70. I sure hope it hangs around. The newest storm may mess up Jay and Alicia's plan to fly to Mexico on Friday though. I am pretty sure they fly out of Chicago and it was supposed to get hit with another bad storm tomorrow.

They have some really pretty new stuff at the place I buy my dresses and tshirts. I am likely to buy at least a couple things. I would like to get into the 200's for sure so I am going to have to get really serious so I can accomplish that.

Jean: I have very little of the kids stuff left, but I do have grandson stuff I need to clear out since we won't have any more of them. I will keep the games and cards and stuff, but some of the stuff I need to just pack up and give away to Good Will or whatever. It will clear out the closet under the stairs a bit. I have kept a few things in a big box of the kids stuff, especially things my mil made for them. I like the heated car seats too, except they dry out my skin if I leave them on to long and I start to itch around my lower back and such.

Maggie: I just hope I never have to do this again. I seem to be having more pain now then when it was done. Standing up is the worst for sure, but wearing a bra all the time helps that, but then wearing it 24/7 is irritating and uncomfortable too. Hang in there it will start coming off again.

I guess I need to get out of here and take my meds and eat something. I am a little late getting it started. Have a good middle of the week. Faye
  • Good Morning, Flowers! It was 16 degrees when I came downstairs this morning! Wow! We've had a light snow which has quit and the sun is shining now. I'm guessing we got a 1/2". Today is my lunch bunch and I'm making my last, I hope, WM run just before. This afternoon we are heading to Sioux City for a SAMs and Penneys stop, then supper with Beth and family. I did find all the dolls but think there may be some more clothes for the Cabbage Patch dolls. Lots of boxes and church rummage sale stuff down there. I WILL get rid of it ALL when I get home!

"Gma" -- On the GREAT report from your doctor! I'm so happy for you! It's nice that you can prepay so much of your cruise trip. We were just talking about food and meal expenses. I just paid for our whale watching trips, 10 of them, so the whales had better be there! Beth give things to a women's shelter but we don't have one here. At least not that I know of. I hope Jay and Alicia get to leave in spite of the weather. I'm sure glad I'm not trying to go to Atlanta!

I need to double check my WM list and get going. Hope you all enjoy a wonderful Wednesday!
  • This thread is closed. Please join us at Steel Magnolias #72.