Old 01-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #31  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining, the wind is blowing, and it's warmed up to 12 degrees this afternoon. The church secretary is still "sick" but the other gal who does the paperwork and counts with us is back from AZ so we did get the money counted this morning. The secretary hadn't rolled anything over to 2014 so all of my posting will have to be switched. Too bad for her . . . NOT! I do not have a terribly high opinion of her office management skills although I will admit she is a computer whiz. I worked in a spare bedroom this morning and am embarrassed by how many empty plastic bags had accumulated. I keep the door shut to keep the cats out and hardly ever go in there except to add to a pile here 'n there.

"Gma" -- I'm glad the referral nurse was able to help you with the Tricare issue. We only went to Epcot when we were in Florida last year. I would have liked to go to the Animal Kingdom but we ran out of time. We did see Mickey Mouse, and friends, posing for pictures with the kids. There were several people in scooters and they can park right by the entrance gate on the few rides we went on. I never saw any warning signs except the one where we felt like we were flying in a hot air balloon; I think that one was for height requirements on kids because we each sat in our own seat. I'm sure you would enjoy Epcot if you would ever decide to go. The military hotel in Honolulu is the "pink" one on the beach. It was officers' quarters during WWII, and my dad stayed there. The day we visited it was raining and the traffic was horrendous so we didn't even try to go visit it. For some reason we didn't when we were there on R & R, and I always regretted that we didn't. Thanks for sharing Jackson's picture; the cowl is very pretty. I like your choice of stitches on the things you make.

Maggie -- to both you and Will for losing last week! That is a huge accomplishment during the holidays. When we go to MN my "sister" and I each plan so many meals, and we do eat out one night. We are going a week earlier this year so may come home a day earlier since it is Father's Day weekend and the kids will most likely want to meet up at the lake. I do a lot of reading and playing on the iPad although we do visit some of the are antique, quilt, and gift shops just to see if there's anything new or different from the year before.

I need to keep moving and get a box ready for the SOS store and/or Good Will. Can't believe how many clothes I have that are out of style. Dumb! Enjoy the rest of your day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #32  

This thread is closed. Please join us on Steel Magnolias #69.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote