Worldly Chicks Remembering Melody at Christmas

You're on Page 2 of 18
Go to
  • Hello everyone!

Busy morning of applying for jobs. Now Santa and I are off to an interview. I'm taking him with me because stepmom and stepbro both had appointments today. It's cool enough outside to leave him in the car for an hour or so while I dazzle my way through the interview!

I start a new job on Thursday. It's a decent job...the pay is lower than I'd like and the benefits and vacation are practically non-existent...but it's income. In case some of you saw my FB posts from a week or so ago, this was the bird in the hand I was referring to. I'm still trying to catch me a much better bird in the bush...but income is income.

My stepmom would like me to move the week between Christmas and New Years. I'll have to coordinate that with D. It should all work out ok.

Anyway, I've got to get going. I'll let y'all know how it went. Please send prayers, luck and keep your fingers crossed for me.

Much love to all,
  • Give me patience
    RIGHT BLOODY NOW

• Here is a Mel-ism for you Laura. Picked it off a thread from ages back.
  • hmmm
    Michelle
    Wishing you the best on the job hunt/interview's.

Annie
    Good thinking on regrouping the food C eats.

Laura and Happy

----------
    I'm at work and just finished with the November reports. I feel worn out from the week end. I started to decorate the small tree but decided against it last night. I'm putting out a few decorations and that's it.
    We have a cold front coming in Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. They are predicting a low of 16 on Friday night. The high on Saturday is 30 degree's. I'm already shivering.
  • Hi Everyone I had a wonderful holiday with my family. The sweet potato casserole turned out well.

I don't feel that I overdid on the food on Thanksgiving, except I did have two desserts but I spread them out through the day.

I have my decorations up and I have done some shopping. I will do a bit on-line shopping here in just a little while. My goal is to be done and wrapped by December 14 in case on December 16 they tell us we should/can do the ablation for DH before the end of the year.

I am enjoying your "remembering Mel" posts. I am getting to know her and you all as well as I see how you each remember her.

Annie: Your C is very lucky that you are going to be there to help him get on track. I do think that he should schedule a doctors visit and be assessed. A hernia can go bad quickly. My Father-in-law had to deal with that this past fall. All turned out well but it could have been very scary.

I am about to go get some laundry out and get some online shopping done before the Country Christmas show comes on at 8 p.m. I will be singing right along with them.

See you all tomorrow.
  • Dear Shad, I have been thinking of all of you on this thread for sometime now and could not use my old registration. I am saddened to hear about the loss of sweet Mellie. She was so kind to me and we exchanged some good pieces of advice with each other and mailed a few things back and forth. My heart is with all of you here and she was able to show such great support and encouragement to all.
    Shad, this is Renae from Idaho. Sending blessings
  • My interview went really well. I think I'm precisely what they are looking for...a combination of programmer, graphic designer with email, search engine and social media marketing savvy. They have more candidates to interview, but hopefully they will decide (and choose me) by the end of the week. Even though we didn't talk salary, the pay would undoubtedly be better than the place I'm starting on Thursday...and the benefits package is REALLY good. Please keep your fingers crossed for me, and keep me in your prayers if you do that sort of stuff. Otherwise, any good vibes are greatly appreciated!

Much love,
  • Is this Renae who once sent me a knitted duster cloth of all varying hues and stripes?
    Really??????
  • Yes it is.... I am having trouble posting here. But I wanted you to know I have thought of you gals so often... I can only imagine how this loss will effect you Shad and wanted to let you know I am thinking of you. Thoughts for Jenn and her family and all of Mel's friends here.
    Blessings,
    Renae
  • Thank you so much. Please don't be a stranger. Come back and check on us anytime. Are you still living in the mountains? Didn't you have a wee dog Toby?
    What's been going on in your world?
    BTW, I still have the duster. It's not quite as pristine as it used to be!
  • Jennifer's address - note it is from January 1st. She is not there yet.

Hey there....I'm at same address different apt #...will be jan 1st 2014 will be...APT.3F The apt is much bigger walk in closet...also have the trailer for storage...the kids will be here to help move...the don't know yet...finally be able to put up a x-mas tree...have the room now. gonna put a mom's stuff on it...i'm here right now boxing things up...feels funny...horrible actually...thanksgiving was heard...rich
    s cousin his step kids dad dies 2 days after my mom...not a cheery day this year...I couldn't believe it he had a heart attack. very nice man...it's a shame. but...life goes on.....happy or not. i'll write you soon....love you...jenn
  • Happy Tuesday everyone!!!

SHADDIE...thank you for the update from Jenn. I did send out my C cards yesterday and put the old apt # on it per instructions. I also sent her a book of stamps. Don't know if she uses/needs them but it is the thought that counts. Haha, on the patience, I do know what you mean by that. Some days are better than other days for those coming in contact with me. I try to show kindness first and grumble inside, and also pray on it.

CEEG...for the first time in 7 years C has talked me into a real tree. Although the prices are scaring me away somewhat. The cheapest I can find is 35.00 at Kroger's. May just have to go some time during the night and cut someone's shrub down. lol. I don't want a very big one, just a small cute one.

CHELLE...more good vibes being sent your way. More prayers going up. I am sure you will get this job as Santa went along for goodluck. Santa was very glad you just didn't take his foot only for good luck. lol. When are you moving out of stepmums?

RENAE...do stop in when you can. I went back years past from the Worldlie posting and read some of your posts. We all miss MELLIE so very much. She was such a hoot and dear sweet lady.

SUSIE...good job on the Thanksgiving feast and not overdoing it. Hugs! C has had his hernia for the past 3 1/2 years. It comes and goes however thank God it is in a fatty tissue and not sprinting out between intestine and muscle. He has learned to deal with it. Also not lifting 4 trays of product at once is helping. I told him no more than 1 or 2 trays, so far he is complying. I have most all of my C shopping done, with the exception of a few gift cards. I did a lot of cyber shopping yesterday, that about finished it for me.

LAURA....so far I love the tablet. Just messing around with it right now, took a few pictures. I might read books with it, there is just something about holding a real paperback in my hands that I like. You always have something going on every weekend...exercising, shopping, walking the dog, sewing something, you are one busy person. Good on Ya!

Nuttin much going on last night. Dinner, dishes a little tube and bed. BORING!! I did stop on my way home and purchased Cs cologne he likes. Walgreen's is the only place I can find it since it is an older type from year's back. Lagerfeld - original.

Make it a terrific Tuesday all.

loves and hugs
  • Morning
    Not much happened last night. I dug through the Christmas decorations and decided against putting up the small tree. I've got some 6 inch fiber optic tree's I'm going to use instead. The rest of this stuff is being boxed up and taken to Goodwill.

Annie
    What size is your tablet? I love my 10 inch. I couldn't get used to the 7 inch. It was like a big phone to me. Good for you in having your Christmas shopping done. I'm not shopping this year. There's really no reason to do so.

More later. I'll post more later.
  • Morning all,

Quick post for me. 6 inches of the white, fluffy stuff overnight with possibly another 10 more by Wednesday morning. Then we are going to drop like a rock with temps. Predicted high of 1 degree on Friday - low of minus 16. Brrrrrr.

Can't stay - got a call from the Tuesday morning Thrift shop volunteer asking if I can cover for him as he lives 25 miles out of town and the roads are not yet cleaned.

Be back tonight.
  • Morning all. Back at the office today and will have to wade through yesterday's e-mails. Bleh. And we'll have the monthly report to do as well. Ugh.

Happy - Wow, 6 inches snow and possibly 10 more!!?? Our temps are supposed to drop a lot by Thursday, don't recall the precipitation forecast. We got rain last night. Be careful out there!

Ceejay - Ooh, I like the fiber optic trees - so pretty when the other lights are dimmed. Our tablet is a 10 inch iPad I believe. BF reads books on it and does internet surfing on it. I did a little bit of online shopping on it (well, no purchases, so I guess it was just browsing) and it's good for that.

Okay, have to restart the computer, so I'll be back shortly.