Worldlies - no slothing in September - step it up (its Spring)

You're on Page 7 of 14
Go to
  • Good morning everyone,

I finally got my act together and put together a crock pot of pasta sauce using the roma style tomatoes from the garden. So all night long we got to smell spaghetti sauce. Guess what's for dinner tonight? Next time it's going to go all night long I have to do something with cinnamon or apples - something that smells breakfasty. Debating about going to the next town for dinner and a movie one night this week. I want to see The Family with Robert De Niro and it doesn't look like it's coming to our local theater any time soon - we just have a small theater with 6 screens - frankly I'm amazed (but grateful) that it stays in business. We hardly ever go to the movies any more. Yesterday we took Nina in for her treatment - she is such a good kitty. I was able to get a better travel case from the thrift shop and I think she was more comfortable in that than the small zip up bag we got at Walmart as she did not make a peep in the car. It's only been a day but I don't see any improvement in her - they said if it was going to work it would in 1 to 3 days. There appears to be only one more option left - some rather expensive blood tests we had done to identify if she has some vitamin or organ deficiency. Even the vet said her condition seems to defy treatment.

Laura - I like Suzanne Deason for yoga videos. I also like Ana Cabon for Pilates. Both have done several DVDs through the Gaiam fitness company. I hope your weigh in goes well today - never can tell. I had a small bag of Harvest Cheddar Doritos last night - salt bombs but thankfully it didn't affect the scale this morning. That's frustrating waiting on the delivery of your DVDs - certainly should have been here by now but at least you have some back ups to use. That's a good idea to record the espisodes - I guess I never watched an exercise program that had that many options in it. I was reading about the shipyard shooting - most of the victims are older and I think it was sad because they weren't that far away from a retirement they never got to see. Makes me grateful that I am out of the city - used to be that one would be leery going into certain areas or being nervous after dark re: safety. Heck, now you can get killed just being at work. During the day. I don't know - too many people, too many freedoms, too many nuts. What is becoming of this world??? Oh btw - loved your canoe shot - what fun!

Annie - I'm glad you are finally getting your foot checked out. Sometimes things are slow to heal and go away eventually on their own but if it's still bothering you for so long, there might be something more to what's going on there. Good thing the Hallmark Channel is heating up the movies - you can soak / rest your foot and ankle while catching up on the offerings. DH is holding up - thanks for asking. Been hitting the heating pad - this time of year the aches and pains act up. My feet are doing ok - just can't stand anymore for long periods of time. I can't believe how gnarly my feet are getting - I should get my orthotics trimmed as they don't fit into most of my shoes so I tend not to wear them. And I have noticed that the Crocs shoes - especially my older ones were bothering my back which in turn bothered my hips, etc. You should be gearing up soon for the busy time of the year with open enrollment right around the corner. I shudder to think how much more our insurance is going to cost us. Thinking of dropping dental ins next year - we are paying far more than we use. Glad that your brother is doing better - what a scare!

Ceejay - you can get a lot of great video samples on You Tube - good idea. Especially if you want just short ones. I'd be mindful of the level of effort too if your tummy is complaining. Don't strain.

Shad - I love the "palm tree" look on tiny little toddlers. So cute. Mum and Dad should not worry about S falling on her duff - that's why they have extra padding in the diaper area while learning to walk. My lately Food Network magazine has a special insert booklet of Pumpkin recipes. Will have to look through it and send it to you although most of our American recipes are probably far too sweet for your tastes. We were driving on the highway and saw a pumpkin farm that bordered the road - the pumpkins are big and fat this year. It was such a pretty sight and I always think of you when I see them as you are such a fan of the squash. Are things settling down on the job?

Hope you made a big dent in the to do list busy lady Michelle. Always something to be done, eh?

Love and healing thoughts to Miss Mel. We miss you

Working today - I'd better get a move on. I always seem to be running 5 or 10 minutes late. Today I will get there earlier. Really I will.

Have a good day everyone.
  • Happy
    Yum cinnamon and apples in the crock pot over night. You might wake up the neighbor's and the wild creatures with that one. I'll look up the dvd's that you mentioned.

Annie
    I'm with the others with you checking on your foot. You've dealt with this for a long time.

Michelle
    Is your to do list dealing with work? Glad you are liking you new job.

Laura
    Did the company send you an email concerning your BE dvd's? Or can you track the some way? Would you believe I've never had a passport? I would like to go to Canada sometime though.

Shad

----------
    I had a busy day yesterday so I've slowed down today.
    I've been looking for some low impact exercise for seniors on YT. But most of the low impact is a bit to much for me right now. I could probably do more but when I over do it those bones spurs get stirred up and that's no fun either.
    This has been a bad case of diverticulitis for me. I still have some raw/burning feelings in my gut, like some one has scraped the insides.
  • Evening all,
    Quick fly by again. No more updates from Mel. DS2 is getting better but we haven't worked out what causes the bruising yet. Doc says blood tests show nothing to worry about.

Bought a new cell phone. Bloody awful thing. It's got a mind of it's own.

Oh yes and my new car arrives on Friday. Watch out for photos. Here's S with the two palm trees on her head.

• HUMP DAY!!! ALMOST FRIDAY!!! YEAH!!

The doc appt went ok. Confirmed arthitis. Put me on something that starts with a V. Valtaren I believe. She also had me get Osteo Biflex to take once a day, a good shoe insert, a couple of PT things to do and buy a good pair of tennis shoes. BLAH!!!

SHADDIE...Ms. S is so adorable. Lil man and S sitting in a tree..K I S S I N G. Glad DS2 is recooping well.

CEEG...hope you get to feeling better.

HAPPY...mmmmmmm spaghetti sauce. I love it. I could eat it with a spoon and no pasta. I would of been up during the night eating it. Not so much on the cinnamon and apples. Hope Nina finds a way to feel better. Bless her little heart.

CHELLE...is the to do list getting any shorter??

LAURA...like you, I have only used my passport one time and that was to go to Cancun. I would love to use it again soon. lol.

MELLIE...sure do hope you are getting better each day and can come back to us soon. Hugs and Prayers.

That is it for me at the moment.

Make it a great Wednesday!!
  • Morning
    Glad you got the results from the doctor and that it is treatable. Yes arthritis can be painful. My doc told me to take Osteo Biflex. It seems to be helping. Yes I'm feeling better tummy wise.

Shad
    Can't wait for the pictures of the new vehicle. I know you are getting anxious. Your gd is precious and beautiful.

----------
    A busy day ahead for me today at work. Tomorrow starts my 4 day week end and I'm ready for it. I'm taking my vehicle in for maintenance tomorrow also. Still haven't heard from friend who moved to Jonesboro this week. Think she's to busy entertaining her bf. But that's okay. My co-worker needs to take off Saturday so I'm working for her that day. Need the overtime. She's buying a new vehicle. Not sure whether I'll be going to Paragould on Sunday or not. I would like to go see my cousin from Texas.
  • Morning all. Attending my annual CPR class, on a short break at the moment.

Ceejay - Happy Friday to you! Hope your day goes smoothly and quickly. Nope, I haven't had any contact with BE re my dvds. If nothing arrives today, I'll phone their customer service line tomorrow.

Annie - Hope the rx and the otc meds help your foot/ankle pain. And the good tennies!! Re passports - two passports ago during the 1990-2000 timeframe, I was traveling for work, often internationally and had a ton of stamps in my book. I believe I stopped just in time - flying isn't as pleasant as it used to be!!

Shad - Awww, what a cute pic of S. Love those little palm trees!

Happy - Thanks for the yoga instructor suggestions. Hope kitty is responding to her treatment.

Okay, off to the restroom and back to the training. TTFN!!
  • Morning all,

Mild, gray and rainy here. Went out and got all wet pulling the tarp off the garden so it could get a drink of water (it lightly rained all night long - opposite of the forecast I should say). Shortly after I got back in, sure enough, it stopped raining. We're supposed to get another frost on Saturday so whatever I can salvage between now and then, that's what I'll get for the season. Nina seems to be doing a little better. We both have that this does the trick. She jumped into DH's arms yesterday - hasn't done that in a good while and at least she's not a stink bomb right now. Autumn must be around the corner - fall festivals are kicking into gear. Our town is this Saturday - cousin's town next weekend and further north where the orchards are is the apple festival the first weekend in October. That one you have to shuttle by bus from the orchard to the lakefront area - not a fan of that so DH and I may just take a ride up to one or more of the orchards and check out their goods. I really don't need the arts and crafts stuff of the festival - more interested in the food

Laura - hope the CPR class goes well. Good to know we have someone who can save us at the commune! So... what cities / countries did you get to see when travelling for the job? Do tell when you have time as I live vicariously through everyone else.

Shad - little S is just so adorable. She has lovely big blue eyes that just pop. I like her "trees" too. Is she talking yet?

Ceejay - Osteo Biflex is a good product but if you are on blood thinners it can thin your blood out even more. Just something to be mindful of. Enjoy your long weekend - whoo hoo!

Annie - glad to hear you don't have a fracture but I'm sure you aren't happy trading heels in for tennis shoes. Once the arthritis hit my toes, I really had to switch to flat shoes for good Hope you can be comfortable. If you are on Voltaren for pain, be careful with that. It gave me horrid stomach cramps as it's a strong pain med. I could not take it.

Hello to the rest of the Worldlies - I'm off to get a late lunch.
  • My day has almost been boring, but I'm not complaining.

Happy
    Thanks for the info on Osteo Biflex. I didn't know that but I'm not taking any blood thinners. Should be on a baby aspirin but I hate to take pills. Glad to hear the little one is doing a bit better.

---------------
    Talked to my cousin today and she's leaving tomorrow to go back to TX. I'll stay put this week end since I have to work Saturday. I do gp to Jonesboro to get the oil change in the vehicle tomorrow. Also text my gf that lives in Jonesboro as she has been sick. She's still not well. But I think there's more to this than meets the eye. Thinks she's upset with me cause I told her I was moving in with sis. She was banking on me being her slave. Still haven't heard from my bff that just moved to Jonesboro. I'm going to text her tonight.
  • It's like thunder and lightening, wowser, we got rain!! Our air/heat furnace won't even turn on. Not even a jitter. Have to call the HAVC man this morning and see about getting it fixed. Blah $$$$$$

CEEG...I think the day I turned 53 everything went to h#ll in a hand bag. If I was a horse I would have someone shoot me.

HAPPY...I haven't worn heels all summer. No way I can stand that. These meds better start working soon as I am about to hurt someone. lol. We have a lot of festivals now also. Then C, DD, the babe and I are going to the Covered Bridge festival in October. I always find some kind of treasure there.

LAURA...are you all certified now? CPR has changed since I last was certified 5 years ago.

Hi to all my sisters!

Hugs
  • Morning all.

Annie - Rainy day here too. Started yesterday late afternoon. I hope the HVAC problem isn't expensive and is quickly fixed. I have a feeling we'll have our AC on this afternoon - high 80's are forecast. Yeh, I passed the CPR course. I don't think too much has changed w/ CPR recently except there's 30 compressions and two breaths, used to be 20 compressions.

Ceejay - Too bad you have to work Saturday, but the OT pay will be nice.

Happy - Fingers for Nina that this treatment does the trick. So this will be the last hurrah for your garden? Hope you get some extra harvest before the forecast frost temps. A fall festival sounds like fun - I'll have to check out what's going on around here. This weekend's weather is supposed to be a bit cool, but dry and nice.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!! Shout out to Mellie - miss ya!! Feel better soon!!
    ===
    I'm lucky I got home before it started raining a lot yesterday after work. It was really coming down when I drove to my Barre class! Luckily this morning it stopped so I could cycle to the train station.

Because I didn't know if it would be raining a lot when I arrived downtown this morning, I wore a pair of rubber rain boots I bought last month on clearance from LL Bean. Of course it wasn't raining. These boots are good quality and were a great deal, though they do run a bit large - luckily nothing that adding another insole didn't take care of. However, I think I'll reserve these boots for walks with the dog by the creek. They just aren't a good look for walking around downtown.

Looking forward to the weekend. No solid plans yet, but I'd like to get out on the bike trail w/ bf one of the days. If I didn't think the soil would be so wet from all the rain we've gotten Sunday, yesterday & today, I'd start digging out the hodgepodge garden bed. We'll see about that.

We also finally bought a carpet shampooer (Tuesday night), so we should probably get that set up and put to use. And there just might be a fall festival in the area...

I received my BE dvds yesterday! I think I'll do one of those workouts tonight, and do my ab challenge before or after that. Today is day 15. Yesterday's challenge included a 55 second plank! Glad I tackled that before the other stuff.

Okay, enough rambling. Off to it. TTFN!
  • Hi everyone -

My work to do list is getting longer, but that's a good thing.

As for home....well, I really need to talk with my step-mom. I'm getting the impression she wants me to move, but she hasn't come out and said it in so many words. I know of a couple little things I've done that annoyed her...but I thought we worked it out. Sigh. If I could just stay here a few more months (through the end of Jan.) that would really be great. Not sure how she'll feel about that. I know worry doesn't do any good...but that's where I'm at.

Sorry for no personals. Just too stressed to think.

Much love,
  • Morning all,

We have unseasonably warm temps today (low 70's ) and we have severe thunderstorms moving in this afternoon ushered in by a leading cold front which will really drop the temperatures.

I think I'm going to go pull out the garden stuff before the rains hit - might be easier doing it now than when it gets frozen and slimy and yucky. So no personals right now - sorry.

I think I spoke too soon about Nina getting better she had a real mess last night. Vet said blood test results are trickling in but so far everything is normal. We are going to try an all poultry diet as sometimes lamb, beef and fish are difficult when one has digestive issues. We are running out of options here - makes me really, really sad.

Anyway I'd better get moving - looks like the storms are about an hour away.
  • Happy
    Nina sounds like me. I'm going to have to stay away from beef for the time being. I'm going back to my strict diet for awhile longer.

Michelle
    Hope that you can work things out for a couple of more months with your step mom. but in the end I think with your new life that your own apartment would suit you.

---------
    Text my cousin last night to see how things were going. And finally told her to be careful what she told the aunt that I go visit. Did get a text from the friend who moved to Jonesboro. She's busy with her new job. She doesn't have the freedom she did when she ran her store. I will not get to see her today but we'll make plans for the future to get together.
    I'm liking YT.
    I'm doing laundry and cleaning the computer room.
  • HAPPY...we had to put our dog on boiled rice, he liked it and he got better, just a thought.

LAURA....glad you got your BE workouts. We are in for a cool weekend also.

CHELLE...don't worry about things. It will pass, just don't let it fester.

Sissy is going for her September check up this afternoon. I am going to meet her there. I have to corral lil man as she does not have a sitter. She is 14 weeks and 2 days along! Yippee, and puking daily. Good stuff!

Later gaters
  • Happy - Sending prayers and healing wishes for Nina.

Annie - Sending good thoughts and positive energy for your daughter!