3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldy Chicks - August's Attitude of Gratitude (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/285637-worldy-chicks-augusts-attitude-gratitude.html)

happy2bme 08-01-2013 10:56 AM

Worldy Chicks - August's Attitude of Gratitude

Morning all,

Turn the page on the calendar. New month rolls around as the year races by. Decided to focus on the positive and declare this month an attitude of gratitude. No matter how frustrating the day can be, we can always find something we are grateful for.

Let me go back and do the July clean up and close out and I'll be back with personals.

happy2bme 08-01-2013 11:22 AM

Ok back again.

Shad - sounds like you scheduled a bit more than you probably should have. Sleep in and give yourself a rest day.

Mel's out shopping (I hope). Michelle's head down in writing code and Ceejay's checking gauges.

Annie - I hope you are up to no good and having fun with it ;) :lol:

Laura - eek - cicadas are out again? Geez those are creepy looking bugs. I swear they come out every year or every other year instead of every 17. Don't know about you but this year I didn't notice any June Bugs. Of course it's been an odd summer for us - we were commenting on the lack of Swallowtail butterflies and the hummingbirds are flocking to our feeders - I mean FLOCKING which we are thinking is due to the lack of nectar flowers.

I guess after Shad I am the first one in today. Were we all supposed to sleep in and I didn't get the memo? :lol: Or are you all enjoying a beautiful day outside. Wait. It's Thursday - most of you are in the office so that can't be it either...

I set out to do a number of things yesterday but got side tracked by other, unanticipated things so I accomplished quite a few things but not a lot of what I set out to do. Last night I went downstairs as I usually do to sift cat boxes and refresh their water bowls. Coming up the stairs my right knee went crunch, crunch, crunch. I could barely stand on it after that and had to support myself to get around. I have been having problems with a combination of my back pinching a nerve and giving me hip and knee problems the last 2 weeks. I slept with my feet elevated last night to take some pressure off my back. Still hurts quite a bit. I guess instead of working in the garden today, I will instead focus on going through some boxes of papers I have. It's a beautiful day - will be nice to open the windows and air out the house once the sun warms the air a bit more.

I think I'm going to go pop in the shower and stand there for a good long while with the warm water running down my back. Have a good day everyone. Talk to you later...

annie175 08-01-2013 01:10 PM

Friday tomorrow...yeah, kiddos head home tomorrow night. EXCITED. Miss my lil man something awful. Considering I see him at least 3 to 4 times a week.

- When you cannot control the wind, adjust your sails. PM me your email addies, I have the neatest thing I want to send you. (Not 3FC email addy)

- If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would NEVER think a negative thought.

I am just full of lil sayings today.

HAPPY...thank you for starting the new thread. I couldn't think of a title that was cute or snappy, so I gave up. Ouwie on the knee/back/hip issue. I am right there with you. My ankle is still giving me fits. I am on week 6 of misery altho it is getting better slowly. I must of done something to it and not known about it when it happened.

SHADDIE...get some rest, my friend. Slow down and dance or something like that.

Bout it for me...Hugs sister friends.

Laura705 08-01-2013 01:13 PM

Happy - I was just waiting for someone to start our new thread. :D Thanks for doing that, and I think the title is wonderful. I believe I'll try to report each day something for which I'm grateful.

Yes, cicadas are out again. In our area anyway, and it seems like it's every year now. And they are LOUD! I was happy yesterday that they stopped when the rain started later in the evening! And after the rain stopped, it was so nice and quiet!! Too funny that you mentioned June bugs - I mentioned the cicadas to the admin this morning and she said they didn't have them in her area, but they did have June Bugs. Ick to both!!!

I'm sorry your knee is bothering you! :( Hope the pain eases up so you can get on with your usual activities.

Shad - I totally get why you're tired given the posts discussing all you've been doing lately!!! :faint:

Mel - Hope the headache went away and you got to go shopping today!

Michelle - are you still neck deep in coding? Hope your week is going alright.

Hi Annie, Hi Ceejay!! :spin: :spin:
===
Nothing much to report. I think I have 8 more days of the squat challenge, only 6 of squats, 2 rest days.

Going to Jazzercise tonight. I'd rather sit home and eat tacos, but we'll save that for tomorrow night. :D

MELODY525 08-01-2013 01:16 PM

http://rlv.zcache.com/month_of_augus...7z85xz_400.jpg

CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS AUGUST ALREADY. SCARY.
WENT FOOD SHOPPING BUT I AM DRAGGING MY BUTT. HAD 3 ALARMS LAST NIGHT ....ONE EVERY 2 HOURS. THIS IS THE LAST TIME I GO SHOPPING AFTER A BAD NIGHT. FEELING VERY SHAKY INSIDE. HEADACH IS GONE THOUGH :rofl:

I NEED TO LIE DOWN AND WILL CATCH UP WITH YOU GALS TOMORROW.

HAPPY....THANKS FOR THE NEW THREAD!!
I WAS SO READY TO MOVE ON :scooter:

Laura705 08-01-2013 01:22 PM

Hi Annie - It'll be nice to see the kiddies after their trip. :) Like the sayings, especially the one about sails - and it makes me think of sailing too. What a nice thing - no noise of a motor, just the wind filling the sails and the boat gliding along. :)

Duh, forgot to say what I'm grateful for today, right after I said that's what I was going to do. Nothing specific to today, but I am extremely grateful for my health. :yes:

Laura705 08-01-2013 01:24 PM

Mel - Have a good nap!!

ceejay52 08-01-2013 02:01 PM

Letting my lunch of a baked potato and side salad settle before I go outside to mow. It's a gorgeous day. This is the last time I will mow with this lawn mower. I hope it last long enough for me to mow.

Happy
Thanks for starting up the new thread. Like the attitude of gratitude I am thankful that I still can work at almost 63.

Annie
I know you'll give the little man a bunch of hugs and kisses when he gets home. We can let that little breeze blow me right into retirement.

Mel
I'll let you take the nap. You deserve it.

Laura
So far we haven't had the cicada's. It's usually mid August when they appear. We are having what I call the dry weather fly's. The look like a dragon fly.

Hi Michelle :wave:

diyana 08-01-2013 02:50 PM

Hi everyone -

I'm crazy swamped with coding. :faint: Oh well, I'm doing my best. Hopefully, it's good enough to keep me here. :crossed:

Had insomnia on Tuesday night, so I tried to go to sleep early last night...but ended up not falling asleep until after 10.

I'm having another card party on Saturday...this one will be a poker party. On Monday or Tuesday, a dear friend is starting heavy duty radiation for an aggressive cancer. They think the entire tumor was removed, but since the cancer is so aggressive, they don't want to take any chances. So that's why I'm having back to back parties for him...because he'll be under the weather and unable to do much for the next two months.

That's all the plans for this week/weekend, but I am hoping to get Santa to either the dog park or the beach one of the weekend days. :)

I definitely have an attitude of gratitude for how good my life is right now, and it's getting better.

Hope you all are doing well.

Much love,

Shad 08-01-2013 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Morning all,
Decided to get up a bit earlier and get this done before the day creeps up on me. I was dog tired for some reason last night. Guess the heavy work of the week is catching up, but unfortunately I can't stop as I will have to go back to work shortly and have two scheduled interviews for next week already lined up. I wasn't actually thinking about going back just yet, but there isn't enough in the kitty to retire on yet. If I can get a couple of well paying contracts for the next two years, then we can think about that. Don't know what M is doing about the training thing. I haven't heard anything for some time. It must have gone on the back burner.

Happy - thanks for setting up the new thread. Attitude of Gratitude, well everyone should have one of those, since each of us has family, friends, jobs (well mostly), a home to go home to, and food in our bellies. Really what else do we need. Sorry to hear about the back and the knee. Knees take forever to heal. Mine is not yet quite right. Not bad, but not right either.

Annie - will get to the addy after I have finished here. Dance? I don't think so. Not sure the body will be very graceful right now, and I am sure the neighbours would not be excited about the creaks and groans coming from my place.

Laura - listening to the cicada's is commonplace out here. Not so much in the suburbs, but if you go out in the bush, it's like white noise in the background.
No need to do squats around here at the moment, got enough of thigh exercise with the digging I have been doing. Sounds like you are doing well with it though.

Mel - glad to hear that the headache is at least gone. All these alarms. It's **** having broken sleep. Take it easy and get the young ones to do the shopping.

Ceejay - hope the mower lasted out. My new one seems to work well. However, the grass is NOT supposed to grow during the winter here and it is still growing. One thing I find wrong with my mower is that the cord is too long. Small mower for a short body and they put a cord on it that needs a big bloke to get it started. I may have to get them to shorten it for me. Your lunch sounds nice

Michelle. Sorting out code is a PIA. Hope you find the little stink bug soon.

I forgot to tell you last time I posted that I went out into the vege patch the other day to find that my poor (expensive) potato plant had been eaten by bugs - snails probably. Anyway, I decided to dig it up and see if there were any spuds down there, and I got 18 tubers. See attached picture. So the snails did not win. I had a feed of them night before last. They are so yummy. Probably could have had a little longer in the ground but that's not going to happen if you have no leaves up top to bring in the sunlight and encourage growth. The corn has decided to put out cobs this week and is growing by the day. I also had some of the carrots (purple ones) which could have also benefitted from another week or so in the ground. Things are definitely on the move in the garden. No doubt because I am thinking of going back to work away from home again. Contrary beast.

MELODY525 08-02-2013 06:30 AM

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/sla...l-original.jpg

I HIT POST BY ACCIDENT AND WHOOSH IT WAS GONE!

LET'S TRY AGAIN....GOOD MORNING WORLDLIES.
HOPE EVERYONE IS BEGINNING THE MONTH OPN A GOOD NOTE.
I RESTED AND WORKED IN BETWEEN TIMES.
BOSS SHOULD BE BACK BY TUESDAY MORNING. I WILL BE GLAD.
NOTHING MUCH NEW HERE. JUST A LOT OF ALARMS.
SEMED TO BE LIKE THE SENIORS WERE FILLING A QUOTA FOR THE MONTH OF JULY!!:rofl:

AN UPDATE ON MY FRIEND: THE OPERATION WAS SUCCESSFUL ON HER STOMACH.
A LITTLE BIT GOT REMOVED ALONG WITH THE TUMOR.
THE RESULTS WERE NEGATIVE OFR CANCER.
BUT THE DR WILL FOLLOW UP WITH TESTS FOR WAHILE.
SHE IS BACK AT WORK BUT NOT 100% AS YOU CAN IMAGINE.
SHE'S ALSO CONSIDERING EARLY RETIREMENT NOW.
THANKS FOR THE GOOD THOUGHTS YOU SENT HER WAY.

THE KIDS AND I ARE DOING THE MOVIE & EATS THING THIS WEEKEND.
NOT SURE WHAT THEY PICKED FOR THIS AFTERNOON. SURPRISE!
HAPPY FRIDAY TO ALL AND A VERY HAPPY WEEKEND.

HAPPY....THANKS AGAIN FOR THE GOOD THOUGHTS AND FOR THE NEW THREAD.
I AM VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE BACK & KNEE. :hug:
FROZEN PEAS!!! USE A BAG AS AN ICE BAG. THEY WORK WONDERS WITH AN ANTI-INFLAMMATORY :beach:
CERTAINLY HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.
THAT WAS SOME ANIMAL SHOWING AT YOUR PLACE.
WONDER IF THE BEAR WAS SHOT. SAD WHOEVER DID IT DIDN'T DO IT RIGHT OR NOT AT ALL.
HOPE YOU CAN GET AROUND BETTER TODAY:encore:

SHAD....I THINK YOU WORKED YOURSELF RIGHT INTO BED:hug:
SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE I KNOW!! ROFLMAO
LOVED THE SPUDS PIC. BETTER THAN OTHER TIMES NO???
SO GLAD THE SLUGS DID NOT WIN..
GOOD LUCK WITH THE INTERVIEWS. 2 NICE FAT CONTRACTS WOULD BE NICE!
KIND OF DISAPPOINTED IN M BUT THEN IT WOULD BE SKETCHY BEING SO NEW A PROJECT.
LIFE IS TOO COMPLICATED.....PLAY THE LOTTERY!

LAURA....I HEAR YA ON THE CICADAS. IT'S THE 17TH YEAR AND THEY PREDICTION WAS RIGHT ON.
I SAW A PROGRAM THIS PAST WINTER SAYING THEY WERE ON THEIR WAY.
WE HAVEN'T GO T MANY AS YET BUT I KEEP LISTENING.
GOOD JOB ON THE SQUATS!!

CEEJAY.....I WANT A BREEZE TO BLOW ALL OF US INTO RETIREMENT:beach:
MAYBE WE CAN FIND A COMMUNE NEAR YOUR SISTERS HOUSE!!;ginger:
BETWEEN YOU AND SHAD...NOW I WANT A NICE BUTTERED BAKED POTATO.
AND YES PLEASE ON SOME SOUR CREAM :hun:

ANNIE..... BUSY GIVING THE KIDS HUGS AND WELCOME HOME YET??
HOPE THEIR TRIP WAS A GOOD ONE AND EVERYONE WAS HAPPY:hug:

MICHELLE......very sorry to hear about your friend.
sending a lot of healing thoughts out that way.
good of you to keep the mind occupied :hug:

annie175 08-02-2013 09:03 AM

Good Morning and TGIF FO SHO!!! However it is passover and not good Friday. Don't get paid today.

C bought me a new stainless steel washer and dryer as mine have been on their last leg for over a year. I am sure they are not energy efficient at this point. The new ones are being delivered tomorrow.

The kids leave Florida for home tonight and will pull in sometime tomorrow around noon. After my washer/dryer delivery, I am heading over there. I can't stand it. lol

MELLIE....I still think you should just disconnect the alarms and get some rest. Movie and eats sounds like fun. I ate popcorn yesterday at my desk and today I am paying for it in the loo, talk about fiber. Yeeeee

SHADDIE...your potatos look quite yummy. That is one thing I have never tried to grow. Might give it a shot next year. Never heard of purple carrots. If you eat too many do they turn your complexion a hue of purple like the orange carrots do? lol

CHELLE...I love card parties. We used to play cards at every gathering. Now we hardly gather and don't play cards much. :( Hope your friend comes through everything with flying colors. Power to you on the coding.

CEEG....yum salad and a baked potato, gives me an idea for lunch today. May head out to Wendy's and get that very thing. Thanks for the idea.

LAURA...we have the cicadas around here also. Mostly dead ones on the walk in from the parking garage to the office. They are huge and gross. That along with the goose poo everywhere. Very disgusting walk in. Your squat challenge went fast. Can you tell a difference?

HAPPY....hope you are feeling a bit better today with the aches and pains. Getting older is a real b*tch. Never thought I would be like this. Hugs sister.

That is about it for me. Have a great Friday/night!

ceejay52 08-02-2013 09:14 AM

Shad
That's a good haul on the potatoes. The one the I like about the electric mowers is there is no rope to pull. However I do have to pull the cord around with me, but I've gotten used to that. And yes I did get the lawn mowed but the mower kept quitting on me.

Happy
Hope your knee's and back feel better today. I've started taking an over the counter me that the doctor advised me to get. So far it seems to be working. One knee still bothers me.

Mel
I can't blame your friend if she decided to retire. I may have to have a movie night on my day off next week.

Michelle
Sending your friend some good vibes. I hate to hear of any one having the c word.

------
Nothing new this morning. I will be going back to Paragould today and spend the night with my aunt and uncle then go with them to the other uncles birthday party tomorrow.
I may decide to get my hair trimmed this week end. It's getting long in the back.
Have a good day.

Laura705 08-02-2013 10:46 AM

Morning all. TGIF, payday or not, rain or sun, it's still good. :D

Ceejay - Have fun at the birthday party. With the mowing and the cord, I imagine you have a pattern established so the cord doesn't get in the way or get cut by the blades. We had an electric shrub trimmer and it was a hassle with the cord. We have a cordless one now. Too funny - seems not long ago you were so unhappy because your hair was too short. It grows quickly!

Annie - Nice, a new washer/dryer. Is the washer a front loader? I've come to like mine, but I sort of wish we'd sprung for the pedestal too. Less bending to put stuff in and take it out, and a place to store laundry supplies. Enjoy your reunion with the kids! Only 7 more days of the squat challenge, and yes, I can tell the difference - my quads are definitely firmer. Rest day today, but yesterday's reps were 190!!! Yeh, we've got cicadas in the grass, ick. Big ugly things.

Mel - Glad to hear your friend's surgery went well and no c was found!!! Hang in there til the boss gets back. I agree with Annie, disconnect the alarms and get a good night's sleep!! Tonight or tomorrow night may be a movie night for bf & I - we got the blueray for "Despicable Me" from the library the other night. I think our area's cicadas are on a reverse 17-year cycle - they stick around for 17 years and only go away for one! :p

Shad - Hope you get a good contract offer to get you to retirement in a reasonalbe amount of time, i.e., while you can still enjoy it!! Glad the potatoes and carrots came in, even if not as mature as you wished. It would be fun to try to grow potatoes. I confess that I had a sweet potato sitting around the kitchen so long that it had sprouted, so when I recently decided it was time to get rid of it, I cut off the sprouted part and planted it. It seems to be growing fine, but it's obviously not the same variety that are grown as decorative foliage for flower planters - the leaves aren't that virbrant bright green. But maybe there'll be a sweet potato to dig up this fall, LOL.

Michelle - Good luck with the coding. On the positive side, I'm sure you're learning a LOT right now. Best wishes to your friend beginning radiation treatment.

==
I did my Jazzercise class last night, and I also managed to complet my squats for the day. But...I'm a bit fatigued today. I'm glad today is a rest day from the squats.

Tonight is taco night, and maybe the movie, maybe not.

Jazzercise again tomorrow morning. Then there's plenty to do around the house. We've decided on the paint color for the powder room, but now we need to buy a bunch of other stuff because we want to replace the brass/gold light fixture, medicine cabinet, towel rods, and inset soap dishes & tp holders with brushed nickel. The latter will have to be ordered online - the big box stores don't sell good quality versions of those.

Nothing social planned this weekend, but I'm totally fine with that - I had enough the past couple weeks.

Okay, enough rambling. Everyone have a good weekend. :)

annie175 08-02-2013 12:46 PM

LAURA...we didn't get the front loaders, I don't like them. We used them while on vacation and that was enough for me. I am going to start calling you Buffy cause you are getting so buff. We have brushed nickel throughout my house, kitchen and bathrooms. It looks very nice. You will really like it.

CEEG...have fun at the birthday party.

Later gaters.

MELODY525 08-02-2013 04:07 PM

Winter Sunset, The Cathedral, Mt Buffalo, Australia

http://ih2.redbubble.net/image.34522...x550,075,f.jpg

AN AUSTRALIAN SUNSET TO END OUR DAY AND BEGIN SHADDIE'S!!

I AM OFF TO HAVE ANTIPASTO AND THE KIDS HAVE PIZZA. THE MOVIE OF CHOICE IS AN OLD B&W WITH WILLIAM POWELL....THE KENNEL MURDER CASE.
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT/MORENING EVERYONE!

Laura705 08-02-2013 05:13 PM

Mel - Sounds like a nice evening! Enjoy. :)

Annie - Buffy, snicker snicker.

Forgot a gratitude item this morning: Summer fruits & veggies

Shad 08-02-2013 05:39 PM

Morning all,
The ds2 left his cat here last night. Romeo will stay until Sunday when his slaves come home. He's a funny wee thing. Completely black with big green eyes and one white whisker. When things get too quiet he starts to yowl and you have to talk to him. He's basically an indoor cat and currently he is sitting in the doorway getting excited because my cat is outside and he isn't. If I thought he would just stick around, I would take him out there with me, but I would hate for him to get lost. They have already lost a cat.
Today is going to be a bit more relaxing than the rest of the week has been. I have about an hours digging to finish off the last of the excess soil in the front garden. I have to sit on the wall and contemplate where the watering system will go. This is the spring garden I'm doing at the moment and I need to plan out the next part of the garden which will be mostly natives, perennials and rocks. Then there is the planning out of the side garden as well. Weed the vege patch, order the soil for the garden and get in some compost and manure stuff. So the weekend is for rest and recreation. There is a friend coming out to visit this afternoon I think, but from the things she is trying to fit in to her weekend, I would not be surprised if she cancels.

Mel - Glad to hear that the friends operation was successful. Hoping for a speedy recovery for her.
Agree with the others, although I know you wouldn't do it. Turn off the alarms :lol: Yeah the spuds are great. I have another 6 plants at the other end of the garden and they are doing well. No snails down there yet as far as I can see.
An Australian sunset on an Australian mountain(?). Don't know where that one is, must look doesn't tell me how high it actually is. Will have to check that out later.

Annie - nice to have a new washer and dryer. I like the top loaders best too. I've used the front loaders and although probably a little more gentle on the clothes, they take so looooooooong to get through the wash.
Hope the family have had a good time in Florida.
Don't know about the purple hues of the carrot affecting your skin. Sounds like an interesting thing to have. How many would you have to eat to get that I wonder. Apparently carrots were originally purple. Then they got made orange. Now you can get them in most shades apart from blue or green. They still taste much the same. It's a cheffy thing, I guess. Potatoes take a while to grow, but I think they are worth it.

Ceejay - happy travelling to see the Uncles and a happy birthday to the birthday boy.

Laura - I planted a sprouting sweet potato when I first set up the vege patch. The darn thing shot away, took over the garden, went over the fence to the neighbours place and started up the side yard towards the front. These are different from normal potatoes that stay in one place. They put out vines which put down roots and form tubers all over the place. I ended up with 22kg of sweet potatoes and that was only on my side of the fence! 22kg is about 46lbs! So watch where your sweet potato goes!!!

Guess that is about it. Romeo is chasing shadows and leaping around the joint. Better get my feet out of the way before he decides to do a number on them. Anyway it is time to move. Coffee, breakfast, dig the yard, shower and then do so brain stuff rather than physical stuff. See ya.

Shad 08-02-2013 05:43 PM

Guess I forgot the gratitude thing too.
I am grateful for my health, my friends, my garden and my lifestyle. And I am grateful for the family I love even if at times they drive me insane.

MELODY525 08-03-2013 07:22 AM

http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/w/we...end-729487.gif

GOOD MORNING CHICKS THE HAPPY WEEKEND HAS ARRIVED.

MINE IS GREY AND RAINY. SUN FOR TOMORROW THOUGH.
JEN & RICHIE LEFT EARLY. JEN WAS FALLING ASLEEP FIRST.
I WISH I COULD TURN THE ALARMS OFF. :lol3:
ONLY ONE LAST NIGHT BEFORE BEDTIME THANK THE STARS.
NO ONE WAS REALLY HUNGRY LAST NIGHT.
LOTS OF LEFTOVERS FOR THIS AFTERNOONS AND ANOTHER MOVIE.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.

ANNIE....HAPPY TO HEAR ABOUT THE NEW APPLIANCES. YIPPEE!!
ALSO GLAD THE KIDS WILL BE HOME SOON.
YOU MADE ME LAUGH WITH THE POPCOPRN.
HAS THE OPPOSITE EVVECT ON ME!! CLOG CITY!! :rofl:

CEEJAY....HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME AT THE BD PARTY :gift:
SAFE TRAVELS AND SAVE A PIECE OF CAKE FOR ME:hb:

LAURA....THE KIDS LOVED DESPICABLE ME. TOO FUNNY.
I NEED TO SEE IT FROM BEGINNING TO END.
ALWAYS FIND IT PLAYING IN THE MIDDLE SOMEWHERE. LOL
REDOING THE BATHROOM WILL KEEP YOU BUSY!! LOL
GOOD JOB WITH THE EXERCISING TOO. AND THE POUND LOST!:cheer3:

SHAD.....THE CATHEDRAL IS IN VICTORIA IN THE MT. BUFFALO NATIONAL PARK.... SO WIKIPEDIA SAYS:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_B..._National_Park

I FOUND IT BY ACCIDENT AND LIKED THE PHOTO.
BETTER THAN SANTA SITTING ON THE BEACH IN A SPEEDO NO??? ROFLMAO
THE KITTY SOUNDS ADORABLE. GLAD THE 2 OF THEM GET ALONG.
HOPE YOUR WEEKEND WILL BE RELAXING. :beach:

annie175 08-03-2013 08:29 AM

Happy weekend all. Been up since 4:30 when C left for work. Just couldn't sleep. New appliances are to be delivered between 8 and 10 am. Still waiting for the call at 8:30 am. They are supposed to call 45 minutes prior to arrival. So it won't be before 9. lol

Sassy is asleep in my chair, talked to Sam at 6:30 this morning. They were just south of Nashville, TN. I suspect they will be home around noon. She said lil man grew up a lot this week from hanging out with 3 yr old cuz. boo hoo hoo.

Have a great Sat/Sun!

happy2bme 08-03-2013 01:27 PM

Hi all,

3FC ate my post from yesterday :dizzy:

Still having problems with my hip / knee / ankle. It's slow going but I am thinking moving around is better than sitting, especially because it seems to be worse after I sit for an extended period. Yesterday we tried a new fish fry place a nice ride from here. It was just delicious. Generous portions too. I had steamed fish but it tasted like it was baked. DH had the fried stuff but it had the most thin, crisp batter I have ever had. It would almost make a fried fish fan out of me but I still like mine non fried. They also had this most awesome honey beer bread. :love: It's owned by a couple from Chicago - we will have to try their "authentic" pizza some time. Just a small place with a bar and a couple of tables - very typical of out this way but a great find - so glad one of the ladies from the Thrift Shop mentioned it. Afterwards we went to the casino for a little while - both of us had a good time. We really enjoyed our night out. Came home to a frantic call from my Mom. We hadn't talked since Tuesday (I swear the days are getting away from me) and she called right after we left around 4pm and was very concerned that we had not called back by 9. We got home just before 10pm. Oops. :o I will try to be more mindful of that. On the good news front DH got his results from wearing that annoying heart monitor for 10 days. No heart palpitations to be found! :yay: He had a reading of an irregular heart beat the other day and he said he's been feeling some fluttering in his chest which I said can often be caused by the stomach. He was getting worried and hearing the results was a BIG relief off his mind. Now if he can get that rash on his leg taken care of...

Our days are cool - great for working outside but the nights are really cool - in the upper 40's for temps. We have not had much of a summer at all. At this rate I will get no tomatoes out of my garden. What I do have is small - not turning red and the temperature swings are causing them to split. Darn it. :tantrum:

Speaking of garden, Shad your potatoes look fabulous. How nice to find that the insects may have feasted on the tops but left the best part for you. I did not know that about purple carrots turned orange. Have seen some rainbow carrots on the cooking shows - I guess they taste the same - just pretty looking in their array of colors. I hope that something good comes from your upcoming contract interviews. Pity that you can't just retire once and for all but it's better to do it on your own terms than be forced into it ahead of time. How sad that Romeo cannot follow Sunday into the garden but I agree it's better to keep him indoors. Hope Sunday does not flaunt that in his face :lol: You'll be happy to know that the Kiwi's retained their title of all around Lumberjack champion at the contest last weekend, although a local woman this year did win the title away from his wife. He was a nice looking bloke - had all his hair (tho there is a bit of "snow" on his rooftop :lol:, limbs AND teeth. (Your comment the other day to that effect practically had me on the floor laughing like a hyena). He seems like a genuinely nice fellow too - make a comment that the others sure did give him a run for the money and he wasn't getting any younger and may not be able to stay ahead of the pack for much longer.

Annie - new washer and dryer - how nice!!!!! I like the top loaders myself but agree with Laura about getting the pedestal for the front loaders. My dryer has an upper drying cabinet so you have to bend deep to get into the bottom which I find a bit more challenging as each year passes. However, from what I understand those pedestals are darn near close to the cost of the machine itself :yikes: I'm sure you'll love the new machines - not only are they more energy efficient but they are also much gentler on the clothes. I don't get the pilling anymore that I once used to on certain fabrics. Get all your chores done today so you can spend the day with Lil Man tomorrow. Hope he doesn't come back TOO grown up :lol:

Mel - Lovely picture of the sunset but so glad I didn't have to be the one to hike up there and take the shot :rofl: I'm very glad to hear that your friend's operation turned out to be successful. Doesn't surprise me that she's thinking about early retirement. Sometimes those scares make you re-evaluate life and priorities as well as how we focus our time and attention. Are the kids going away for the weekend? Hope you have a quiet one if you are on alarm duty - no hard partying with the seniors. Give 'em a shot of Mogan David and send them all to Snoozeland :hat:

Laura - brushed nickel is my favorite finish - keeps cleaner easier than the polished stuff. We did oiled bronze in TN which was nice but I did find that after a while it got mineral spots on it and one set of faucets (NOT CHEAP), the sink stopper part started to chip away on the finish. :mad: Hope you find some nice fixtures - will update the bath quite nicely along with a paint job. You should be just about done with the squat challenge, no? Did BF keep up with you or are you going it alone? Glad you did it? Do tell...

Michelle - have a great time with your card party. Hope it's yummy and fun!

Ceejay - have a good time at the birthday party and your weekend visit with the rellies.

DH announced he is going to the next town to check out some stuff at the home improvement store that he can't get here. I think I'll stay back and use the alone time to do some cleaning - the floors could use a wash. Also they need more dog biscuits at the shop. Geez I just did a batch on Monday :rolleyes: Hope some of the other ladies come through with the baking - demand is far too much for one person to keep up with.

Anyway - on with the show. Have a good weekend everyone.

happy2bme 08-03-2013 08:40 PM

Oh and forgot my gratitude for the day. I am grateful for having my Mom around - while she may drive me nuts at times, it's nice to know that someone still worries about you when they don't hear from you. :hug:

MELODY525 08-04-2013 06:42 AM

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...511abec122.jpg

:cofdate: GOOD MORNING CHICKS :sunny:

GOING TO TAKE A COFFEE OUTSIDE AND SIT WITH THE 3 MEN FOR A BIT.
TAKING A LITTLE JACKET AND SOME BUTTERED TOAST.
THEY'RE GOING TO HAVE HARDROLLS AND LOTS OF BUTTER.
I NEVER MENTION WEIGHT OR FATS TO ANY OF THEM.
THEY'RE IN EXCELLENT HEALTH FOR BEING IN THEIR 90'S AND ALSO THIN!!!
SO THEY MUST HAVE GOOD GENES OR DOING SOMETHING RIGHT.
NOTHING ELSE NEW HERE. MOVIE & LEFTOVERS YESTERDAY AFTERNOON.
EARLY BED AND A QUIET NIGHT. :cheer3:

HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY AND HAVE A GOOD ONE.

ANNIE....HOPE THE MACHINES ARE UP AND RUNNING NOW.
ENJOY. HAD A LAUGH AT LIL MAN GROWING UP.
IT HAPPENS SO QUICKLY WHEN THEY HAVE A MENTOR.....ROFL!!

HAPPY....WISH WE COULD HELP WITH THE DOG BISCUITS.
I AM VERY HAPPY TO HEAR ABOUT DH'S RESULTS.
KUDOS TO HIM AND HOPE IT STAYS THAT WAY:hug:
YOU MUST BOTH BE RELIEVED.:encore:
POOE MOM....THEY DO GET WORRIED EASILY.
WONDER HOW IT IS THEY NEVER SEEM TO REALIZE THEY DO THE SAME THING TO US??? :rofl:
SORRY ABOUT THE TOMATOES. WEATHER THIS YEAR HAS RUINED A LOT OF GARDENS.
PRICES HERE ARE SKYROCKETING FOR SO CALLED "FRESH" STUFF.
THE DINNER SOUNDED LOVELY AND I REMEMBER YOU TALKING ABOUT THAT PLACE.
WHAT A GREAT FIND. GOOD FOOD AND NOT TOO CROWDED!!

ceejay52 08-04-2013 08:42 AM

Happy
I forgot to call my aunt yesterday afternoon when I got home and she was calling me by 6.00 p.m. Glad that the DH had a good report from his heart monitor.

Mel
Don't blame you for going outside in the early morning. It's been nice this summer in the early mornings. We have had some of the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets the last couple of weeks.

Annie
Did the washer and dryer finally arrive? And by now the kiddo's are home.

------
My uncles birthday party went really well. It was mainly family. My cousin from Nashville, TN was there also. I haven't seen him in ages. One cousin was asking me about retirement and I told him with in the next couple of years. I'd like to before winter but will wait till 2014. I'm now telling people that I will be moving to my sister's in Missouri. They may be my first visitors.
Stopped by Lowes to pick up my new lawn mower. It was still in the box. Sigh. It was a bit bulky and heavy but brought the box in the house this morning. Where there was a will there is a way. I could have gotten my neighbors to help but didn't want to bother. They had company. To much goings on outside last night. I'll put it together this week.

happy2bme 08-04-2013 02:35 PM

Ding dang dong. Just lost my entire post. :mad::mad::mad: Wonky site drives me nuts sometimes...

Edited for time - my leg and knee still hurt a lot but I did get out to the garden and get a lot of work done yesterday. Doing inside stuff today. Still chilly here. Gray too - looks like a winter's day outside. Good for working outdoors tho - the mosquito population has dropped substantially with the lack of heat and rain. Always something good to find if you look for the positive ;)

Ceejay - glad you got to see your cousin. Hope it's not too much trouble getting the lawnmower together. I agree with you - don't know what it is down south but they truly had spectacular sunsets on a regular basis.

Mel - hope you had a nice morning coffee with your buddies. God Bless 'em if they are 90 and still going strong. Thank goodness we don't wear bathing suits like those any more. Boy the memories that picture brought :lol:

Annie - hope you got your new appliances and are testing them out. I didn't know they made top loaders in a stainless finish. Good luck keeping those clean - I HATE stainless :lol: Hope Sissy and family arrived home safely and you are enjoying the crew.

Hello to the other Worldlies busy on a Sunday afternoon. DH put some beef and broccoli in the crock pot - even though that's not my favorite dish even I admit it smells great. I have some dog biscuits in the oven that are about ready to take out. A bit of cooling off and I'm going to run into town and drop them off. We've been out of biscuits since the ones I made last week got sold out by Thursday. I hope some other people have stepped up to bake also - can't keep up with the demand by myself.

Enjoy the rest of your day people.

I am grateful today that even though it's chilly out, I still don't have to wear a coat and I'm very grateful for my portable heater at my desk which feels so good in the evening - like wrapping yourself in warm towels fresh out of the dryer :D

ceejay52 08-04-2013 05:24 PM

Happy
Maybe you should go into the dog biscuits business. I thought you were baking them for the shelter animals. Are you baking them to sell? They said that all I would have to do is put on the handle.

Shad
Is this the kitten that clawed you earlier?

________
We have some rain headed our way. Didn't think it was supposed to do that until tomorrow.
My attitude of gratitude is having my uncles.

Shad 08-04-2013 09:56 PM

Morning all,
Not much to report here today so this will be short.

Happy - maybe you should make and sell these things on the internet. Seems that no-one in that charity is prepared to do anything that might involve effort. Romeo did follow Sunday out into the garden and he had a wonderful time. I thought I had lost him at one point but he popped in from time to time to check on what was going one. He's not a bad cat. Nosey as all get out but..... DS2 came and took him home yesterday. He travels a lot better than Sunday does.

Ceejay - yes this is the cat that clawed me sometime back. I did not attempt to put a harness on him this time and we got on a lot better.

Mel - loved those swimming costumes. Glad that you managed to get a bit of sunshine to help the Vit D along. As for the old blokes, I don't think that those that grew up during the depression and war ever seemed to get very fat. They ate natural food mostly home grown and that's what it has done for them.

Annie - hope you are not going around in the new washing machine.

OK - time to go back to work. Earlier I was out in the garden and now I'm going up in the attic. Got some boxes to go up there. And also to measure up for some new batts and/ or insulation, check on the wiring and figure out what else it up there. So I'll be back unless I get stuck in the roof.

MELODY525 08-05-2013 08:01 AM

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/retro...d-28672951.jpg

GOOD MORNING CHICKLETTES

THE MEN WERE LATE MEETING ME.
THEY WENT TO THE DINER TO BELATEDLY CELEBRATE PETE'S 96TH BIRTHDAY.
GOD BLESS HIM. HE WALKS HIS LITTLE DOGGIE ALL DAY OUTSIDE.
HE'S ALWAYS ON THE MOVE. BUT GAVE UP DRIVING.
HE GOT LOST FOR A FEW HOURS THIS YEAR & HIS SON TOOK HIS LICENSE AWAY :lol3:

I HAVE LOTS TO REPORT TODAY. TOO MUCH FOR A NOTE.
MIGHT AS WELL GET IT OVER WITH EARLY.
I HAD ONE ALARM....A MISSING TENANT AT MIDNIGHT IN ANOTHER BLDG.
COPS CAME HERE TO FIND HER....SORRY, WRONG BLDG SIR!!
THEY NEVER CAME BACK SO I GUESS IT ENDED WELL.
I BETTER GET GOING. WOKE UP LATE.
HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY.

CEEJAY.....I AM GLAD THE PARTY WENT SO WELL.
IT IS NICE TO HAVE SOME FAMILY CELEBRATIONS TO GET TOGETHER.
YOU WILL HAVE A WAITING LIST FOR VISITORS WHEN YOU RETIRE!!
HOW NICE THE FAMILY IS CONCERNED & INVOLVED WITH YOUR FUTURE LIFE.
GOOD LUCK WITH THE MOWER!!!!

HAPPY.....I MEANT TO SAY YESTERDAY THAT I HOPE THE BODY PARTS FEEL BETTER.
SORRY THEY ARE TAKING THEIR TIME GETTING WELL :hug:
THE WEATHER IS CRAZY AND THE SUN IS ALREADY CHANGING PATHS.
I THOUGHT OF YOU LAST WEEK WHEN I FIRST REALLY NOTICED THE SUBTLE CHANGES.
WEIRD AND IT'S ONLY AUGUST NO??
IT EVEN SMELLED A BIT LIKE FALL YESTERDAY.
BEEF & BROC SOUNDED GOOD TO ME!! LOL
HOPE ALL THE BAKING OF DOGGIE BISCUITS BRINGS YOU GOOD LUCK.
KHARMA MY FRIEND. DOGGIE GRATITUDE..

SHAD......YOU BETTER NOT GET STUCK ON THE ROOF!!
CARRY THE CEL PHONE WITH YOU ALWAYS.
I THINK YOUR WINTER TEMPS CAME HERE BY ACCIDENT:rofl:
I ALMOST POSTED A LOVELY FALL PICTURE YESTERDAY INSTEAD OF THE BATHING BEAUTIES!!

annie175 08-05-2013 08:59 AM

Happy Monday/moite, probably the only day this week for us without scattered thunder showers. Yeee.

We finished up the garage, well I should say Curtis did. I cleaned the house while he did that. Funny thing about the new washer/dryer. I cannot find enough stuff to fill it up to do wash. lol. Guess I will have to let it stack up a bit more before doing laundry. That will just kill me.

HAPPY...you are right. Good thing I am tall as I have to really reach down into the washer to get to the bottom of it. I do love the new things anyway and so quiet. SOooooooooooo glad to hear DH passed his monitor test with flying colors!! Thank you Jesus for prayers answered. My dad thought his acid reflux in his stomach/chest area was his heart and used to pop a nitro pill. All along it was his acid reflux. That went on for about 3 years before we convinced him to talk to the doc about it. Sheesh. Dang ankle/knee thing, I am still fight it too! Today is week 7 of issues with that ankle. It has kind of moved from the ankle to the top left side of foot and big toe. I am just not sure what it is, but don't want to go to the doc about it. My new deductible year started July 1st and it is 4800.00 so it would all come out of my pocket. I guess while I can walk, I am also too cheap to spend the $$ it my foot.

MELLIE...God love the 96 yr old man walking his doggie. I bet that is a real cute sight. My dad would have loved to walk that well in the end. Boo on the alarms and such. Guess you have to pay for those quiet weekends with these nutty ones.

SHADDIE...good luck on the job front. As much as you want/need the $$, going to work sucks. I agree with MELLIE...please take you cell phone with you just in case when you are out working in the yard or up in the attic. C got a little crazy with organizing the attic yesterday, I heard him up there with the vacuum we use for cars and such. haha

CEEG...I think the rain that is headed your way is the same rain headed my way too. Hate to say it but we need it. I actually will have to water my garden tonight. Kiddos are home, I kissed my lil man all up. I am meeting sissy at the docs office for her first appt this morning so I can corral the little man.

Hellos to LAURA and CHELLE...hope your week is starting out fantastic and it is all smooth sailing!

Guess I will post this and get a bit of work done as I am heading out in about 30 mintues to meet sis.

Hugs all.

happy2bme 08-05-2013 11:19 AM

Morning guys,

I'm not sure about doggie gratitude, perhaps to keep things in balance we have kitty woes. The little cat keeps pestering the older cat - she is vying for DH's attention and is a jealous little thing. That causes it's own problems. Older cat is not eating much and is hiding alot. Little cat is still sick - off to the vet she goes. Is making a mess in the litter box, I am feeding her rice and boiled chicken to calm the stomach (not working) she is trying to pick the rice out and is knocking it all over the floor. Then she wolfs her food down and up chucks it. As DH said this morning with a sigh - not a good day to be a cat in this house. I'm sitting here thinking as one of my friends so famously said after she got married for the second time "oh why oh why do I have to go and MESS UP A GOOD THING???? Life was fine, life was settled but oh no, I HAVE to go and introduce complication :dizzy: :lol: She's still married by the way but I thought it was just funny the way she deadpanned said that. She and her 3 kids were stay up kind of people and her new hubby was one of those early early to bed kind of people who didn't like noise of any sort once he hit the pillow so it really kind of disrupted their whole household :rolleyes: Anyway, today I am feeling like I inadvertently introduced chaos with these cats. Careful what you ask for :s: But we would never return them, we just have to learn to adjust.

I stopped at the shop yesterday to drop off doggie biscuits (yes Ceejay I bake them for donation purposes to the Humane Society). Several emails went out over the last 4 days asking people to bake and yet as of yesterday only one other lady besides me made anything. Oh well, I did my part. I will bake once a week and if they run out of biscuits, I can't do it all myself. And no, I'd never consider selling them on line. Too much work actually. It's about a 4 hour time commitment to make what amounts to about 10 bags with about 36 biscuits each.

Today they are having the annual used book sale from the Friends of the Library. I wanted to go an see if they had any videos or music CDs but I keep telling myself I have 2 boxes of books to read - and I'm not reading any of them right now. I need to stay home and away from there :lol: We finally got some rain overnight - a good soaking we sorely need. First time we've gotten some substantial rain in probably 2 months. I noticed that the fire danger rose from low to moderate so the rain will help that situation too. Don't need any wildfires here - especially with the cool weather and inclination of people to start to use firepits again.

Annie - I was thinking of you as I struggled on tip toes to get to the bottom of my washer - sometimes I actually need to grab tongs to get out a stubborn piece that lays flat :rofl: Sounds like you have much bigger capacity ones but I guess it will be hard to break the habit of near daily washing if that's what you are used to. DH always suggested over the years to do a load a day - I said I never had enough to do that - would rather spend the day washing everything. Although here I do have to break it up over a few days as not to overwhelm the septic system. Isn't it crazy that you have to spend so much in insurance premiums and then have to spend so much out of pocket that you don't want to go to the doctor? :dizzy: I'm sorry to hear that your leg is STILL bothering you. I wonder if you have adjusted your gait because of the pain and it is causing other issues? I find that to be the case sometimes. Hope Sissy gets a green light at the doctor's today.

Mel - how sweet about Pete and his little doggie. I could see the way my Mom lit up watching the kitten's antics that sometimes a pet is good company. And a little dog is just the right speed for someone to walk. Yikes, sounds like the police have their hands full with the senior population in town. But still a better swap than chasing criminals, right? Maybe we have to put chips in those who tend to wander - would make it easier to track them down. Especially if they get disoriented and can't help anyone get them back to where they belong. Do you think autumn will be coming early to your part of town this year also? How are your aches and pains doing?

Shad - I certainly hope you did not get stuck in the attic :lol: With as hot as it gets down your way - do you find that you have to replace the wires periodically from extensive drying or does the excessive humidity take care of that? :lol: I say that because down south where I was, the attics got intensely hot - so much so that you could not really store anything in them - it would literally bake and get ruined. One would have to install drywall and a good vent fan if you actually wanted useful storage. I imagine it might be the same by you.

It's pouring outside - God's way of saying I don't need to go to the Friends of the Library sale. :rofl:

Ceejay - I wanted to say how nice it is of you to go visit your uncles the way that you do. My Mom and I were talking the other night and we both commented on how the older set doesn't hear much from the nieces and grandchildren the way that we were brought up to do. The old excuse "oh they are busy and have their own lives" is just a poor excuse in my mind. I wrote to DH's aunts on a regular basis and called my Mom's sisters too. She said it was really nice to hear from people so I'm sure your uncles appreciate you. :hug:

Hello Laura (who is probably typing now) and Chelle getting ready for a new work week. Will catch up with you later.

Laura705 08-05-2013 11:20 AM

Morning all. Kind of gray out there today, and why I took my umbrella out of my backpack - no idea.

Weekend recap:

Saturday: Jazzercise, thrift store (scored a decent pair of jeans for $1 - whoo!!), bakery (rye bread), laundry, researched irons online (ours bit the dust last week), lunch at the fabulous grinder place, bagel bakery (2 doz. Mini bialys), returned some online ordered items to the Eddie Bauer outlet store; dogwalk, freezer-wrapped the bialys, tacos for dinner, watched part of “Despicable Me”.

Sunday: Newspaper/tea/bialys, weeding in front, more laundry, bought a new iron (BBB 20% off coupon), walmart for various & sundry items, dogwalk, had grilled ear corn & burgers for dinner, watched the rest of the movie. It was very cute. :) The blueray also had 3 mini-movies (4 min. each) and I had to watch those too. Bf and I will have to borrow all the other kiddie movies we’ve been missing all these years!

I’m grateful for the beautiful weather this weekend. It was nice spending a bit of time on the patio and in the 3-season room with all the windows open (on 3 sides).

Annie – I’m probably a bit less enthused to use my new iron than you are to try out your new washer/dryer, haha. But I will be using it all too soon. Good luck to Sissy at her appointment.

Mel – Every birthday at Pete’s age is a milestone, LOL. That dog and those walks together are what's keeping him up and going! Good for him. Sorry there’s a lot to report today – hope the rest of your day is quiet. And the boss returns tomorrow??? Whew!!

Shad – Glad all went well with Romeo - no blood shed and he didn’t go missing. Hope the attic visit went well. You’ve reminded I need to get some attic items on the list - -finally insulate the skylight framing, and add insulation all over for that matter. We’ve slacked on the upkeep lately and now the list will surely be a mile long. My sweet potato plant is actually in a hanging planter, so that will keep it from setting roots elsewhere. But there won’t be much room for a potato to grow in that pot!!! Maybe I can transplant it into the veg garden…

Ceejay – Glad you had a nice time at the uncle’s bday party. So nice you saw some cousins you hadn’t seen in a while. The retirement talk is making it all real now, huh?? How exciting for you!! But hang in there in the meantime. Good luck with the new mower.

Happy – Good thing you’ve got cool weather to allow you to bake up those dog biscuits in comfort! That’s so nice of you, sure would be nice if others joined in. I’m glad the mosquitos are not so numerous at the moment. Beef & broccoli sounds good to me! Sorry your hip/knee/ankle are still giving you trouble. Is it easing up? Good to keep on moving. The stiffness after sitting just makes it feel worse. Good news re your dh’s heart monitor results! :) Sounds like the latest fish fry/pizza place will be on the list for a return visit. You’re right re the pedestals for the front load machines – they cost a lot more than you’d think they would for what’s essentially a box/drawer… Thanks for the warning re the rubbed bronze finish – I like that too, but we’ve got a more contemporary look going, so the brushed nickel will be it. I’m going it alone in the squat challenge as of about a week ago – bf claimed his knees were sore, but he never picked it back up. On the plus side, he thinks he’s now feeling better about getting back to the gym, and he went Friday night with a friend of his. Re the squats - only 4 more days to go, and one of those is a rest day. Today I have to do 230!!! I’ll definitely be fitting in some sets during the workday – can’t do all of them at night, and certainly not after my Jazzercise workout.

Hey Michelle!! Hope you had a great weekend out in sunny CA!!

Okay, before any more interruptions, I'm signing off and getting this posted. Have a great day everyone!
:cofdate:

annie175 08-05-2013 01:26 PM

Good News all....got to see the lil peanut squirming around on the sonogram and also hear it's itty bitty heartbeat. Too tiny yet to tell the sex. Very excited. I had the due date correct 3/18/14. However since she will be going C-section again it may be a week earlier than that. Baby daddy Chris' birthday is 3/12. I don't know if I would want them for them or not, after going through this last one my dad and I shared, without him.

Yeah!!

diyana 08-05-2013 04:30 PM

Happy Monday ladies,

I had a very nice weekend. On Friday night, D and I went out for dinner and then we came back to the house and watched TV. On Saturday evening, I had friends over for tacos and then we played poker until nearly midnight. Sunday, I got up early to take Santa to the dog park and then came home and helped my step-mom get things ready for a luncheon she's hosting today for several of her lady friends. I'm working from home today. The ladies are about to arrive, so it will be my job to keep Santa from being a pest. :rofl: I offered to put Santa in day care today, but my step-mom said a couple of the ladies were looking forward to seeing him again.

I was kind of overwhelmed with emotion and gratitude yesterday. When I think of how bad my life was just 11 months ago, and how happy I am now with being back in CA, being close to family and friends, and dating a really nice guy. If someone had told me last autumn that I'd be this happy in less than a year, I would've said they were crazy. Yesterday I took a moment and expressed my tremendous gratitude to my step-mom for letting Santa and me stay with her while I got back on my feet.

I entered a contest of sorts to be among a group to go on a hike in the mountains of New Hampshire with my favorite author and his dog. I really wanted the opportunity to meet this author (and the dog), but I was unsure if I'd be able to do the 5 mile hike with my back being as bad as it's been lately. Turns out, I did not win...and it's probably for the best as I can't walk to the end of the street without pain, and last night just a walk around the block had me in agony. I need to keep walking and do better with the healthy eating...and once my insurance gets straightened out...get to a specialist to see what can be done.

As for work...I had first and second interviews last week for a job that has a MUCH better chance of going permanent than my current job. And I just found out about an hour ago that I GOT THE JOB!!! The learning curve won't be as steep, which will be very nice. It's a longer commute, but it also pays much better, which will help me pay off my credit cards sooner. I may not get to work from home on Mondays AND Fridays anymore, but I'm hopeful that I'll be able to talk my manager into letting me work from home one day per week. I'll either start my new job on 8/19 or sooner if my agency releases me early. It's tough leaving my current position because the people are so nice. But this learning curve has been insanely steep, which is why I haven't produced much actual work in the 3 months I've been there. As a result, even though they haven't said anything, I thought my chances of going permanent were getting slimmer and slimmer. With this new position, I'll essentially have nearly full power of the entire website and I can really use my skills and experience to improve it dramatically! It's very exciting! :woohoo:

================
Happy - I'm so glad to hear your DH passed his monitor test!! I hope the little kitty feels better very soon. Did you take her to the vet? What did she suggest? As for the older cat, can you distract/play with the little one so that the older one can have your DH's attention? Or does this rivalry tend to happen when you're volunteering at the store? Can you please post or email or facebook me the recipe for the dog biscuits? Now that I have a working oven (courtesy of my step-mom, as opposed to my apartment in Wisconsin that did NOT have a working oven), I could actually make some of these for Santa.

Annie - So nice that you have a new washer/dryer! Too funny that you have to wait longer between washes to have enough clothes to fill it. How is Samantha feeling?

Shad - Glad everything went ok with Romeo. Do he and Sunday get along? Or just avoid each other? Do you have any work assignments coming up?

Mel - So cool that the 96 year young man still walks his dog. Sorry you had a busy weekend with alarms. I hope you're able to relax today.

Ceejay - It's nice you were able to spend time with your cousins. I'm looking forward to seeing mine too. Maybe I can get down to Southern CA this fall.

Laura - Your status as the exercise :queen: remains safe. 230 squats? That's insane!! But good for you!!! :bravo: I really like the brushed nickel finish.

I've got to get back to work and try and accomplish something.

Much love and many hugs,

ceejay52 08-05-2013 04:53 PM

Annie
It must be exciting to get to be grandma again. I shared my mom's birthday and one of my uncle's birthday is the day after mine. A bunch of August babies in our family.
I have to use my tip toes to get the clothes out of the washer.

Mel
Wow a 96 year old man still walking his dog!. I hope that I will be able to do that.

Happy,
I'd been saving my clothes for the week end. I hadn't thought about using a pair of tongs.

Laura
We got the rain on Saturday and today. It was much needed. I like children's movies as they are light hearted. Sounds like you had a busy week end.

----------------
I've had a good couple of day's at work.
July's paper work has been balanced.
I've been wrestling with the lime machine the past couple of weeks. They finally got some one to come fix it today. :dance: The chemical truck also came today. Let's just say I've been a busy person.
I'm grateful for the rain.

Laura705 08-05-2013 05:22 PM

Annie - Glad the dr appt went well for sissy and the peanut. :)

Michelle - Big CONGRATS on the new job! :congrat: More money and it sounds like it suits your current skills better than your current gig - that's just great! Whoo!! :woohoo:

Ceejay - My mom mentioned all the rain she'd gotten - threw a wrench into her gardening plans for yesterday... Aaargh, when you mentioned your paperwork, you reminded me I still have to submit my input for the monthly report for July. I better get down to it and get it out of my hair for another month.

Shad 08-06-2013 03:48 AM

Today I give thanks for having incredible strength and health. It took all the energy that I had to shift 2 cubic metres of soil today in less than 2.5 hours. It was tough, back breaking stuff and I am glad that it is finished. Not that the garden bed is finished by any means. It's going to be a big garden. But that bit is crossed off the list.
I'm also grateful for where I live. We are at peace - well as much as an Aussie gets to be at peace anyway, we have separation of church and state, so don't have the 'holy' cr*p to put up with, and we have more than enough to eat, clean water to drink and freedom to choose whatever. That doesn't mean I am coming to grips with the politicians and their posturing and taunts. I'd just love it if we could have an election with a modicum of common sense and politeness. Guess that is impossible in this day and age.

Mel - not stuck in the roof space. Our winter temps have reverted to normal this week. cool nights, warm days. Hope you get some relief from these alarms soon.

Annie - glad the washer is going well and you don't have to wash as often as you used to. Be pleased about that, it may reflect on the power bill and also the water bill. When C has finished in your attic, send him over. I have plenty to keep the dear man busy.

Happy - Sunday and Romeo used to do the hiss spit thing. Luckily Romeo is not a lap hogger. This time they got together they just sniffed each other out and went on their separate ways. Only time I heard a bit of hissing and spitting was when Romeo thought he should sleep in Sunday's outdoor hideaway. :nono: Maybe try feeding the kitten little and often for the time being. But I guess the vet will sort it.
Never noticed that the wiring gets dried out. Occasionally there can be damage due to vermin, but I have never had the problem. I'm more likely to trip over the spaghetti junction up there and damage me, the ceiling and the wiring. Which is what I am trying to fix by getting up there and putting in some new insulation and a bit of flooring.

Laura - have fun sorting the attic. Maintenance is always ongoing in a house and you can't let the bugs get a hold round here. Hence the need for bugless insulation - or as bugless and I can get it.

Michelle - congratulations on the new job. I gather this is another contract? since you are talking about the possibilities of going permanent. I am so pleased to know that you are having a much better time of it now.

Ceejay - good that you have had some good days at work. It always makes life better.

And so it's time for dinner. I was going to have some chicken and salad, but feel more like just veges now. So I may chuck a potato in the oven and have that instead. Don't really feel like eating right at this moment.

MELODY525 08-06-2013 07:59 AM

http://coolrain44.files.wordpress.co...pg?w=468&h=306

SHOULD BE AN INTERESTING DAY.
BOSS IS BACK & I WILL BE HIDING FROM MY INDIAN FRIEND.
NOT UP TO ANOTHER CHAT WITH HIM SO SOON.
THE BOSS & I CAN SPEAK BY PHONE TILL HE LEAVES:rofl:
I AM GOING TO RELISH STAYING HOIME AND NOT ANSWERING THE DOOR.
I COPULD USE A TOTALLY SILENT DAY. TOLD JEN WE CAN CHAT WEDNESDAY:beach:

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE :encore:

ANNIE.....SUCH A WORKAHOLIC YOU ARE.
CAN'T KEEP YOU STILL FOR 5 MINUTES:lol3:
I WILL SEND YOU MY MT. WASHMORE...AND YOU CAN GET A GOOD START.
I AM SURE THE NEW MACHINES CAN DO THE JOB:rofl:
SO HAPPY TO READ NOW ABOUT THE SONOGRAM!!
I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU BOTH :hug:

HAPPY.......SORRY TO SAY I HAD THE SAME THOUGHT WHEN YOU FIRST GOT THE CATS...WHY??:lol3:
SINCE MY BIRD DIED I HAVE BEEN TEMPTED TO REPLACE HIM BUT THANK GOD I DIDIN'T.
I LIKE NOT SHARING MY SPACE WITH ANYONE....OTHER THAN THE KIDS.
SORRY THE LITTLE ONE IS STILL SICK AND THE OLDER ONE HIDES.
WONDER WHAT'S GOING ON??? HOPE THE VET FINDS THE REASON.
I SHOULD HAVE SENT MY BOX OF STUFF TO YOUR HOUSE.
I JUST GAVE MY MAINT MAN BOOKS, CDS AND DVDS.
HE WAS THRILLED!!

LAURA....JEN & RICHIE WATCH ALL THISE TYPE OF MOVIES.
MADAGASCAR, CARS, SHREK, AND ALL THE REST OF THEM.
EVEN KUNG FU PANDA:rofl: THERE IS A LOT OF ADULT HUMOR IN THEM.
I THINK I CAN SMELL THE BIALYS!!! :hun: YUM!

MICHELLE....CONGRATS ON THE NEW JOB.
GLAD THE CURVE IS LESS STEEP & HOPE YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY THERE.
SO GLAD FOR YOU TOO THAT THIS MOVE HAS BEEN SUCH A BENEFIT TO YOUR FUTURE HAPPINESS.

CEEJAY......GLAD YOU WRESTLED THE PAPERWORK AND WON!!
HOPE THE LIME MACHINE STAYS FIXED NOW.
HAS TO BE HARD HANDLING THOSE CHEMICALS WITH BROKEN MACHINES.
I HOPE BOTH OF US GET SOME SUNSHINE THIS SUMMER.
SEEMS LIKE AN AWFUL AMOUNT OF RAIN THIS YEAR.

SHAD....AGAIN I FORGOT TO TELL THE KIDS ....GET POTATOES!!
I AM DYING TO BAKE SOME.
I WAS READING WHERE THE AUSSIE WIKILEAKS GUY WANTS TO RUN.
JULIAN ASSANGE...HAD TO LOOK UP HIS NAME....I FORGOT!!
SOON WE WILL HAVE ED SNOWDON RUNNING FOR OUR SENATE...OR MAYBE HE WILL RUN AGAINST PUTIN!!:rofl:
THE WORLD IS GOING INSANE.
HOPE YOUR BODY FEELS OK AFTER ALL THAT SOIL SHIFTING:hug:

annie175 08-06-2013 08:02 AM

Good Tuesday morning/evening all....................

Last night I kept lil man while Sam went to Chris softball game. He had us in stitches. What a character! I literally laughed so hard at him, he started laughing me laughing at him. Dinner was homemade chicken salad with grapes, celery and pecans. YUM with leftover roasted veggies. I brought the rest of the veggies for lunch today but must say they are so good I am having them for breakfast.

SHADDIE...how are you feeling today, needing Hot and Icy on that back? Yikes that is a lot of dirt moving. You know C would probably help you out with the attic, he is so kind hearted.

CHELLE...wow Huge CONGRATS on the new job. WOWSER...see you just gotta believe good things will come and they certainly have for you. Sometimes I actually pinch myself so I know I am not dreaming this wonderful life with Curtis. I am so happy that you are happy!!

CEEG....so tell me...who won the wrestling match between you and the lime machine? lol.

LAURA, I mean BUFFY...how was your evening, busy as usual with exercise, doggie and life in general?

HAPPY...I had a thought this morning, maybe if we put what good parts each of us have left we could make one person with no pain. We are a mess....lol Yes, my gait (I feel like a horse saying that) is much different. It went from Igor dragging my foot behind me to limping to barely limping at all.

MELLIE...probably typing over my head? Hope your night was peaceful after the crazy weekend.

Not much else going on...all take care and have a terrific Tuesday/nite.

Hugs.

PS...today is Sassy's first day back to Sissy's house. She couldn't run fast enough into the house, down the hallway and jump in bed with Sam and Chris. I think she missed them.

annie175 08-06-2013 08:57 AM

MELLIE...I have been to a place that looks much like that picture. Ahhhh to go there again other than in my mind.